Fluent Home

7.3

LAST UPDATED: January 18th, 2023

Fluent Home is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. Fluent Home builds custom smart security and energy-efficient home automation systems. With every family having different needs, Fluent Home makes it a priority to have flexible packages — from basic security equipment to advanced home automation.

Fluent Home offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent Home prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent Home does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any camera or security solutions they desire. Fluent Home costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood sensors & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Home is more than just an alarm company; it offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's smart home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent Home also provides you with its Alarm.com app upon installation so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent Home offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary. Fluent Home security systems also sport motion sensor and glass break detector functionality. Motion detectors are easy to install, and even easier to monitor from your smartphone mobile app. Fluent Home's monthly monitoring service rates start at $29.99.

Fluent Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty

Unique to Fluent Home, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved. In addition, Fluent Home security warranties all its equipment for the lifetime of the customer.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Three-Year Contract
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Home doesn't post any equipment pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact a sales rep so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for any homeowner looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Home's prices to other home security providers.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Home requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher video monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for some consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Home's long-term contract.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Home does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Home. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Home does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Home is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

The Bottom Line

Fluent Home advertises state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services. Fluent Home provides a lifetime warranty for its equipment. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with. Read Fluent Home reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

Key Takeaways from Home Security Reviews

We analyzed all the home security reviews on BestCompany.com to understand the motivations of customers who leave a given star rating. Through careful analysis, we identified some common factors that lead to particularly positive and negative experiences. Read our report to learn the key takeaways from other customers’ experiences.

Learn More

Call our recommended rep over at Fluent Home below.

Message from
Fluent Home

At Fluent Home, we believe your home security is everything. Home is the sensation of peace on a cozy, rainy Sunday, the feeling of relief when you pull into the driveway after a long trip. Your home should feel safe and be enjoyed, and that’s why we work everyday to make it more secure, comfortable, and convenient for our more than hundreds of thousands of customers throughout Canada and North America.

While we began just a little over a decade ago as a provider of home alarm systems, today Fluent is a growing leader in the smart home security and automation industry. We’re dedicated to redefining the home experience with the latest intelligent products and services.

Behind the scenes at Fluent, you’ll find a large, diverse team. Our more than 2,000 employees are dedicated to helping families live safely and intelligently, and our growing customer service and support team wants to answer all of your questions and concerns.

At Fluent, we truly believe that everyone deserves that safe comfortable place that they can call home, so we are happy to help provide that one household at a time.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.3

bookmark

Featured Review

Kaye Notarianni McDade Arvada, CO

I have had a wonderful experience using this company. The company has been very kind and understanding in my circumstances and were willing to help me in any way they could. They helped me with a couple of different scenarios in order to for me to have options to choose from. I never felt hurried or rushed. I was never treated like I was a "voice" on the phone, nor felt like I was just a number. I highly, highly recommend this company! They greatly calmed my fears during a difficult time in my life.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kaye, Thank you for the amazing 5 star review!! We appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know how you enjoy our services!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Sep. 24th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Randy Armitage

Our experience with this company from sales, install, resolving technical issues and day to day monitoring has been excellent.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Randy, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We here at Fluent home love hearing how we have satisfied our customers. Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!

Sep. 28th, 2021

jennie Nickolls Lorain, OH

Customer service people are not always helpful we did have a great experience with one representative who went out of his way to help us and keep us as a customer.

TRAVIS DOWELL Las Vegas, NV

Most of the cost is paid in HOA fees. System is more complex than what we have had. It produces unexpected arming at times. Does not have battery back up like previous alarms did.

Carisa Meloche Windsor, ON

My tech support rep Jae was awesome to deal with. Helped me get a new camera running in under 20 minutes. Very polite, clear and concise. It was a pleasure dealing with him.

Angelina Wyatt Fort Mohave, AZ

Get all notifications immediately and love the way it works. Feel more protected.

Kat Rader Las Vegas, NV

BUYER BEWARE! Fluent is unfortunately not the company they once were. I signed up with them nearly 5 years ago and they were one of the best in the market, but now…absolutely horrible! Terrible customer service, ridiculous turn around times when service is needed, etc. My only saving grace is my sales rep is awesome and still helps me…thank god for Adam!

Donna Cornejo

Fluent lied to me from the beginning and there was nothing I could do about it because I was stuck in a contract. Then they are having someone else take over billing. They charged me twice within a week. Never even let me know. I thought someone hacked my bank account. I am not under contract anymore and trying to cancel service and they won't let me for another 30 days. Stay away from Fluent. I didn't like ADT,but they were better than Fluent! Only gave 1 star cause I didn't have any other option

Rachelle Beck Calgary, AB

I cannot say enough about how terrible this company is. Do not sign a contact. We did 4 years, and it was ok until all of the products stopped working. This in itself would not be a reason to be too upset. Stuff breaks. But by the end of my term I was paying for nothing (because nothing worked any more). I waited for my contract to be done in august. I went two emails, was never responded to and the service was not canceled. I called twice- both time they people on the phone said they would have someone call me back and they never did. I did three chats on the website. Every time I was told somebody would call or email me back and never did. For four months I tried to cancel and was unable. Finally, today, I got through to someone and he said I had to right out a contract on paper and email to them to cancel. He refused to refund any of the money they have literally stolen in the last four months (240 dollars) I could go on, but I won’t. Needless to say I highly recommend not using them. The last employee I spoke to was rude and could have cared less, even though he’s the only one out of 7 people I spoke to in total who told me how to cancel.

Steve Ossinger Toronto, ON

My Fluent system is not working, 3 months after my current contract expired. I contacted them about getting it fixed and at the same time I added more equipment and upgraded others. After the contract was signed on 25 Nov I found out they have no technicians in my area that can do the work. The earliest date I have for them to possibly come is 5 Jan. I told them that that was not reasonable and as its after 30 days specified in my contract for delivery of goods and services that I want to cancel. They refused and offered me two free months. Two free months for a non functioning home security service with fire, gas, and flood monitoring. Totally unacceptable. I have engaged with my local government consumer protection agency to rectify this. Horrible support for their products. Avoid this company.

Mary Beth Thomas Gig Harbor, WA

I seriously cringe giving this company one star because they deserve zero. We had them for five years on a contract. Over those five years the service was awful. The alarm was always having issue and every time we called nobody knew what was going on. We moved from our house right at the end of our contract. We called them and let them know we were moving several months beforehand and they told us that our contract was almost over and we wouldn’t be billed anymore. We moved and three months later we noticed that they had still been charging us every month even though we didn’t have a contract anymore. We called and they told us that we were supposed to send something in writing. They never told us that when we called originally. They also told us that they don’t do refunds so we weren’t getting our money back. We sent an email stating that we wanted our service canceled as the person on the phone had told us to do. And today, a month later they freaking charged us again! My husband called them and of course we were told a totally different story that we have to fill out some form. I’m looking into small claims court because this company is a total scam and has taken hundreds of dollars from us for an alarm that we don’t even have anymore. If you’re considering this company, run the other direction. Literally any other alarm company would be a better choice.

Matt B Airdrie, AB

Where do I start? We purchased a home in 2019 and decided to use Fluent as a home security provider, our other only choice being Vivent (had problems in the past with them but in hindsight a better choice) A Fluent tech came out to review the existing alarm system and devices, and see what our needs are. Most glass sensors, co2 and smoke were already installed from the previous home owner, in the end we had a few additional window sensors added and outdoor cameras. When the tech went to install the new panel rather then asking us where we wanted it or installing in the previous alarm panels location (which was wired for power) he smashed a hole in our wall with a hammer so he could feed the wire down the wall to a outlet. If thats not bad enough he decided a good spot was 5' up the wall with the screen facing the front windows so anyone on the street could see the status of the panel. Fast forward a year into our contract, I came home from work and half our window sensors were faulting as well as the door sensors. After a few hours on the phone with customer service and bouncing around from person to person I get a manager on the phone who sent a tech out for free, I think only because I had to complain so much. Tech comes out and tells us that half our sensors were not even connected to the panel. A couple months later I also notice the co2 alarms and smoke alarms had expired in March of 2019 meaning the original tech didn't even bother checking to see if our devices were still good. Fluent refused compensation for the terrible install. To be honest I didn't even bother calling back about the co2 alarms because who wants to sit on the phone for 2 hours to be told tough luck. Fast forward another year and our 2 year old panel goes nuts with every alarm under the sun. I ended up pulling the panel to silence it. Fluent rings me up and surprise the panels not covered under warranty and they want to charge us for a whole new panel, once again I escalate up the chain to management and after a lengthy conversation they finally agree to ship a new panel for free. Fluent is terrible. I usually take 1 star reviews with a grain of salt but everything you read about fluent and their underhanded business practices is true. I'm glad I read these reviews especially the 30 day notice of cancelation. I will be sending a certified letter, email and phone call each month to them for the final 3 months of my contract to ensure that they do not get one extra penny from me. Equipment will be returned via certified mail. And if they still want to play games and mess with my credit they can speak with my attorney. Do not sign contracts. Do not upgrade your equipment. Do not answer the door for their salesman. Do not allow Fluent in your home.

Pamela Ruschman Covington, KY

Everything works great. No issues at all.

Barbara Heller Grass Valley, CA

Casey did a great job representing fluent he was personable he was friendly he was knowledgeable I have to say he has a very high rating in my book blew it on the other hand I’m not so impressed with the company itself and their policies and their sometimes lack of communication because I have made several phone calls in the past never did hear a response from anyone finally heard somebody sent me a called me and said he was sending me an update and I told him I wanted to cancel anything having to do with that is I can only send you the updated equipment you do what you want to do with it and I couldn’t tell you his name but I was not impressed with him so I got the new piece of equipment whatever it was it was still in the envelopeI was in the envelope and I left it there in the entryway because I did not know what to do with it and no one said what you do with it and so when I was having other difficulties with Fluent and they finally got in touch with you about scheduling for someone to come this nice young man Casey showed up took care of the issue here at the house and I like I said he gets a five star rating glued on the other hand I only gave you four because of him so that’s my input

Reply from Fluent Home

Hi Barbara! We're so glad to hear you had such a great experience with Casey! I would like to reassure you we're looking into this, and are in the process of updating our Call Center to ensure all customers are assisted in a timely matter. If there's anything else we can assist with, kindly let us know!

Oct. 4th, 2022

Irving Watson Louisville, KY

Have a problem with system. They scheduled an appointment to have it fixed.

Jerry D. Henry Cincinnati, OH

They do their job. They let me know anything happening in my security system.

Floyd Knippshild

The system works well. The representative for our area is suppose to come around to check our to see if all is well. At this point has not happened a bit diappointing as I believe I have a couple of low batteries I did recieve a message from Fluent regarding it but to date no knock on the door. Hopefully soon as I and the rep agreed they would stop by when needed to ensure all is well

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Floyd, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! We would love to hear from you about the batteries. Please call us at 855.2384826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!!

Maria Wells Pahrump, NV

I just had issues with my front door camera. And Nathan help me for over an hour and helped me resolve my issue. I highly recommend Fluent and there technical support

Lloyd Meier Yuma, AZ

Fluent home has continued to attempt to withdraw funds from my bank account after the contract was closed. Even after receiving e mails from fluent informing me that the account was closed and that its a billing error, they continue to try and extract funds from my bank as well as send me non payment notices. I have sent them numerous e mails to get them to stop but to no avail even after including the e mail chain where they admit that they are in error.

Randy

I cancelled my account in September as I had moved. The new owner took over the equipment but Fluent didn't update the payment information and kept withdrawing the money from my bank account for 2 more months. When I called them, they wouldn't reimburse it and indicated I would need to get it back from the new owner. They said they couldn't back bill them for the two months and reimburse it to me. Even though they had his phone number, they wouldn't call him to get the proper billing address and indicated I had to call him and have him call them to update the billing address. They also indicated when I cancelled that if I gave them the contact information for the new owners, as an incentive they would bill them $20/ month less than I was paying. It was obvious on the two invoices I received subsequent to that, that it was the same rate. In 6 years I never had a problem with the security system, but this experience has now left me feeling I will never deal with these bandits again.

Craig T Bellevue, WA

I think Fluent is a scam. I purchased a home, with the security system installed and gifted to us for a year by the prior owner. I never activated the system or intended to use their system because there are too many systems in the market that are cheaper and easier to use. Prior to the year being up, I was contacted to add my information to the contract so that they could update their records. I confirmed with the rep that I did not intend to use their system and at no point was I going to activate it. They managed to say I "signed" a contract and am now responsible for paying for a product I've never used. I urge anyone to stay far, far away from Fluent, they are not a reputable company and they have questionable business practices.

Sheryl Seevers Blue Springs, MO

My contract was almost done so in March I called and explained we were not using it anymore. I was told that I had to keep paying until the contract was up in Dec. The person said I should call back in Nov or in Dec it would automatically renew. I made sure that as long as I called back in Nov I could cancel. On Nov 11 I called and was told that the contract ends Dec 8 and I had to call back 30 days prior so it had already renewed and I needed to pay for another 36 months . I was not told that so I would not pay it. They will turn it over to a collection agency and ruin my credit. Do not use this company. They are crooks!!!!

Donald Toledo, OH

Everybody we’ve talked to in the company has been very nice and knows what they are talking about. We feel protected because we had someone break in before and had a different security system then. It works very well. We don’t have any problems.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad that you have had a great experience with our support team and that we have helped you to feel protected. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Leon Aurora, CO

I like the fact everything is wireless. It is a lot easier. The response time is quick and accurate. I am a truck driver so I like that they are protected when I am not at home. They called the fire department when the smoke detector went off.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so happy that the wireless sensors have been easier for you and that the service has helped you to feel protected when away from home for work. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Kathy Dayton, OH

The best part is knowing whether or not someone trying to get into my home. If some is, they are able to help me stop it. I accidentally set my alarm off yesterday and they were right on it. They called me right away. It is a pretty good deal.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so happy to hear that the service helps you to feel safe from intruders. We certainly strive to respond right away, even when it is just an accident. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Cynthia Cleveland, OH

The gentleman from Fluent that came here and gave us a demonstration and went through everything made us decide to go with them and we have been happy ever since. They call us every time the alarm goes off and we feel very secure.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are so glad to hear that you have had such a good experience, starting with the original demonstration of the service and with the continued response when needed. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Kathryn

Immediate response to any alarm situation whether it is police or fire emergency. We burned some food and set off the alarm and immediately the got in contact to see if we needed help and reset alarm while we dealt with the burnt fish we were cooking. Early on in our partnership we needed police and Fluent immediately responded.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kathryn, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We love reading what our customers value and love about our services!! If you ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Oct. 7th, 2021

Frank Berry

Great reliable service. We were on holiday during a very cold winter and we received a temperature warning in our property, allowing us to have someone check. The furnace had stopped working and we would have had frozen pipes.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Frank, Thank you for the 5 star review!! We enjoy hearing what our services have done for our customers. If you ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Oct. 7th, 2021

Carol Epp Edmonton, AB

Wish I would have read the reviews before I ever got mixed up with Fluent Security - they extended a contract with an expiry after 60 months - but now they are saying they need to add on a prior contract so guess what I am paying for an additional year. NEVER NEVER NEVER use this company for anything. They are crocks etc. They do not even protect in case of alarm, I had a break in and they didn't even call the police. GREAT JOB FLUENT

James Morrison Burlington, ON

I have been with fluid for 10 years. I never once set the alarm. Pretty much used it for the fire aspect of it. Anyways I called to cancel my services in October and was treated so poorly by a retention rep who says his name is pedro. He hung up on me and now I am still waiting for over 3 weeks now to see if I qualify to cancel my service. They are a complete joke. Hands down worst customer service experience ever.

JCWales Denver, CO

This is a very frustrating company to work with. Oftentimes when there were Issues they wanted to charge us for a Tech to come out. The biggest issue was when a Tech reset my system and didn't connect me to the Internet, therefore for 6 months I was paying for service that was not alerting the police or fluent. I have multiple occasions with multiple pull witnesses to this sort of issue. They offered to transfer the account into my name, as my father passed away, but their idea of transfer was setting me up with a whole new account and me repurchasing equipment. In the state of Colorado a contract cannot be canceled due to death if it is In good standing which it was until June when I stopped paying upon finding out my service wasn't working. A complaint was filed with the BBB, and yet they still never answered my questions. Just a big run around.

Robert Le Louisville, KY

I had exactly the same problems with too many reviewers had from here about this company. I had 4 years contract with them and was up November 20, 2021. Before that (around August 2021) I called in asking them to terminate the contract when 4 years is over, their response was “I need to call in 3 weeks prior contract up”. which I did, not ones but I spoke to them 3 times and I had disconnected their system way before contract was up and switched to SimpliSafe security company. My 4 years contract with them was full filled paid off and until now they still sending me a bills. This is totally unacceptable. Keep on doing this because I owe you NOTHING, and if I can give zero or negative stars on this review, I definitely will. Staying away from this company, I’m not only regrets of 4 years with them but I regretted that I sent many friends and family members to them.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hi, Robert. At Fluent Home, we aim to provide positive experiences at all times. Is there anything we could do to make it better? Please call us at (855) 238-4826!

Oct. 11th, 2022

garth torgersen Provo, UT

they did not cancel my contract with ADT

Dale Calgary, AB

Normen Z did the best job i've ever seen he was very professional very clean help me out very much taught me lots about the system was very good at his job. Took his time and made sure everything was working good. I've seen many techs over the last 5 years and he was the best I've ever had. I would like him to be my tech in the future.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Dale. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We are thrilled to know that you have had a great experience with Normen. Thank you for choosing Fluent!

Aug. 5th, 2022

Mary Lou Weber Erie, PA

Tried to cancel last year. When I called was told to email the request to the cancellation dept. Unfortunately, did not see the clause on the contract that said cancellation must be one month in advance. The person I spoke to at that time in the "cancellation dept." was very condescending and said I would have to continue for another year or pay for the next year to cancel. Needless to say, I didn't cancel at that time. He was not a very good rep for your company. Wish I had written down his name at the time.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Mary Lou, I am sorry you had a bad experience. We would love to correct this for you! Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!!

Nov. 4th, 2021

Ollie Kovaluk

I was very happy with Fluent first years. It seems that since it switched API, the service is not the same. Fluent rep used to come, when he was in my area, and check on my system just to make sure I’m okay. That does not happen anymore. I’m paying $42/month and I’m doing their tech work...had to replace the CM battery, wall monitor battery, then when I couldn’t climb up to replace the battery in the hall monitor, I couldn’t do that. Then I received an email telling me that if I didn’t send back the old hall monitor, they were going to charge me!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Ollie, I am sorry you had a bad experience. How can we correct this for you? Please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Valentines Edmonton, AB

I had some trouble shooting difficulties and was on with a fluent representative by the name of Glendyra and she was amazing and very helpful. She was able to resolve all my issues.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Valentines, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!! I will make sure Glendyra knows you mentioned her in this review!!

Mary Canton, OH

The alarm system works. I had some issues with the Arlo cameras and with the pandemic they would not send anyone out so it took me a week or two to try to figure out how to get them working again.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Mary, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!!

Terry Akron, OH

Customer service has been really helpful with me. They have been very patient and secured the problem. I like the equipment except for the doorbell. I have had a lot of issues with them.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Terry, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Thank you for sharing what you love about Fluent!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!! If you ever need us please call us at 855.238.4826.

Christie Indianapolis, IN

We’ve had it for a long time so it is starting to show some tear but they have always been real good about fixing things. It is easy to use. I like the features in the service and they program they put together for me.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Christie, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!! Thank you for taking the time to share what you value in the services we can provide!! Thank you again for the amazing review!!!

Robert Columbia Falls, MT

Seems like they have pretty good equipment. I never have any issues with the equipment or the installation. It is accessible via cellphone and that is great. They have pretty good customer service though t can be hard to get a hold of them.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are very happy to hear that you have had a good experience with the equipment and with using the Fluent App. We can certainly understand the concern in difficulty when contacting any company for assistance. We are working to improve on this and thank you for your feedback. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Diane Hampel

My smoke detector went off the other night because of something I was frying on the stove. It didn't take long before the monitoring station was asking if everything was alright. The gentleman on the other end was very nice about it and didn't make me feel stupid for the occurrence.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you for the review. We are very glad to hear you had a good experience during this situation. We strive to help customers feel safe and comfortable, even when it is only a false alarm. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Oct. 28th, 2021

Gina Shymko

Up until the last month, I had been happy with Fluent. However, we recently had a fire in our shop. The heat and smoke were intense but the alarm didn’t go off until the shop was at an extremely high heat. The monitors were, by this time, melted. I was able to get help from a lady, after two futile attempts with other staff, who heyme disarm the two alarms in the shop and stop the incessant beeping of the security system. Up until this point, we had no concerns about our security system and hope to get it up and running again when the shop has been renovated.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Gina, I am sorry you had a bad experience. . We would love to turn this into a positive experience! Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!

Oct. 14th, 2021

James

Few years ago our home phone line was cut from construction 1/4 mile from home. At that time we found out that our Fluent alarm system was only linked to home phone line and not cell. If alarm was activated for break in etc there was no way we could of been notified. Also have had other problems with Fluent system which took few years to remedy.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello James, I am sorry you had that experience. We would love the opportunity to turn this into a positive experience! Please call us at 855.238.4826. Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Sep. 29th, 2021

Kate

Two major issues: 1) a detector was beeping; I called tech and a guy walked me through how to take the thing down. It was only installed 3 years ago, and had expired already. Not impressed.2) The main panel started beeping, in the wee hours of the morning. It gave a communication error. I called into tech services, and was told the rror had to do with my cell phine connection with the nearest tower. The nearest tower is within 500yards of the house, so this made no sense. But it kept happening. I called in again and was told I could buy a $70 part and install myself (with their help) OR replace the whole control box. I bought the $70 part. I have NOT installed it, but magically the error has gone away. Now my spidey sense are tingling......does someone sit in a control chair at Fluent and get bored in the early hours of the morning, and send out wierd error messages, just for a lark?

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Kate, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry you had a bad experience. How may we correct this for you? We would love to hear from you, please give us a call at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!

Sep. 24th, 2021

Jim AB

Our power was off for 24 hours. We had to phone Fluent to ask how to turn off our system because it kept beeping. They were friendly and helpful. When the power came on, our system did not come back on, so we called Fluent again. Chris was so helpful and patient. He had us take pictures and send to him so he could access the problem. He sent us back a picture and walked us through all the steps we needed to do to fix the problem. We were happy to get everything fixed in a timely manner.

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Jim, Thank you for the 5-star review!! We will make sure Chris knows they were mentioned in this review! Thank you for sharing about your amazing experience and what you loved about the service you received! Thank you again for being a part of Fluent home!!

Apr. 30th, 2022

Ken Clayton Woodridge, IL

We needed to upgrade our old 3G and hard wired system. Fluent did this free of charge by me just extended my contract. The installer, Wahlid, was excellent! He put on a mask and wore it properly the entire installation. He was courteous and professional and took extra time to make sure we knew how to use it correctly. When we armed it the first time that evening we got a warning that the smoke detector was not communicating with the units. Mandy P called me and worked diligently to fix the problem which she did by update the required info and rebooting our system. She too was courteous, professional, and worked with us until the problem was solved. Fluent is lucky to have employees like Wahlid and Mandy P

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello! Thank you so much for the review. We are so glad to hear that you have had such a great experience with out team members. We certainly agree that we are lucky to have these people with us. Thank you for choosing Fluent Home!

Dec. 5th, 2021

Krystle Cardinal St. Paul, AB

Their customer service has always been great however we have frequent problems with our window security alarms (often says tampered with when no one touched them) and we have had frequent problems with our sky bell doorbell not recording or LED not lighting etc. It’s been replaced numerous times. Our backyard camera, even though you can set the sensitivity and settings of it, it always seems to record too much or things like wind blowing or doesn’t record at all. However technology is not perfect and most security systems/companies have their pros and cons. A pro for fluent is their customer service is always wonderful!!

Reply from Fluent Home

Hello Krystle, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being such a great customer!! Fluent

Aug. 11th, 2021

Spencer Johnson Sparks, NV

Constantly had false alarms. Customer support was horrible. Took us months to cancel the contract. Their team never came to remove the device but told us not to tamper with it lest we incur a damaged equipment fee. Low battery alarms and non function alarms began to go off every 5 minutes day and night. Tried to get customer support. Literally was on hold for 70 minutes on two separate occasions before I just ripped the unit out of the wall. Horrible company and I never felt any safer with the system in place.

Michael Shaheen Mars, PA

I have never experienced anything so difficult as trying to cancel my account with Fluent. I was already disappointed in so much about the company. The ordeal of cancelling put me over the edge. It took 2 months of messages and, honestly, i have no idea if they ever actually cancelled my account. But im done paying them and I fulfilled my contract. Note when I tried to cancel, they told me i was not eligible to cancel - they didnt say that i wasnt eligible YET or even the truth which is i can cancel anytime for a fee. I sent them the payment and used their template for the "official" cancellation request. Even though they cashed the check, I was told they cant cancel it yet because they dont see it as cleared in THEIR system. They have a thing for passing the buck with "the [other] department handles that. You know what? I don't care who handles what in your company. I'm not calling a person, I'm calling a company. If you know who handles something, transfer me to them or talk to them ANYTHING other than "sorry we don't handle that" No one should buy these security systems period. If you want security, get some cameras from amazon. it truly does more because the alerts come to you and you dont have to wait until (and wonder if) the company will respond.

Reply from Fluent Home

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Michael . We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. We will be reaching out to you to resolve these issues.

Sep. 15th, 2022