CPI Security Logo

CPI Security

LAST UPDATED: May 26th, 2023

CPI Security provides customized home security and automation solutions for its customers in select states. CPI security costs are not listed on its website regarding equipment fees, and the overall CPI security price for monthly monitoring is not publicly disclosed. Home security and automation options feature remote system access, instant text/email alert notifications, and free professional installation. The company designs and installs its own home security equipment and provides customers with 24/7 professional monitoring and around-the-clock customer service support.

Read the rest of our CPI Security review below to learn about the pros, cons, and our final assessment of the home security company.

The Good

• Free Professional Installation
  • 24/7 Professional Monitoring
  • Remote Mobile App System Access
  • No False Alarm Guarantee

CPI Security offers home security solutions that includes free professional installation, remote system access, and up to $2,100 in free equipment:

CPI Security Package: inTouch Essentials

• inTouch SmartHub Control Panel
  • inTouch App (accessible via any smart device)
  • Fire Communicator
  • Motion Detector
  • 5 Encrypted Door/Window Sensor Devices
  • + one free security camera (Video Doorbell camera, Outdoor/Indoor Camera, 180º Camera)

Home security customers can also add smart home equipment to their alarm system:

• smart thermostat
  • keyless door lock/smart lock (access control)
  • wireless garage door controller

24/7 Professional Monitoring

The CPI Security company provides 24/7 professional monitoring from a team of certified professionals. This security monitoring service is UL-Listed, Five Diamond–Certified by The Monitoring Association, and the company's monitoring center was the 2013 CSAA Central Station of the Year.

Remote Mobile App System Access

Customers are able to choose from a variety of home automation, energy management, and video surveillance options. CPI Security also offers fire and carbon monoxide protection equipment. Interactive security services can be accessed and controlled through the inTouch mobile app downloaded on a customer's smartphone, tablet, or computer. These interactive services included lighting and thermostat control, video alerts, and door lock remote access. Monthly monitoring features rapid response times and instant text/email notifications. The cellular communication systems do not require a phone line connection.

No False Alarm Guarantee

Customers who have the Real Time Response System installed will not be charged fines for false alarms due to home security equipment malfunctions.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Monthly Monitoring Costs
  • Early Termination Fee
  • Undisclosed Service Transfer Fee
  • Additional Fees

Undisclosed Monthly Monitoring Costs

CPI Security price is unknown. The company is not fully transparent on its website on a number of important details regarding its home security plans. There are no specific packages to choose from and CPI security costs, including monthly monitoring, are not listed.

Early Termination Fee

Customers are assessed a fee of up to 75 percent remaining on their service agreement if they choose to terminate the contract early. While this policy is not unique to CPI Security, potential customers should take note of it, as such fees are not widely publicized among home security providers.

Undisclosed Service Transfer Fee

The company also charges an undisclosed amount for transferring services if a customer moves to a new residence. Customers will need to pass a credit check in order to be approved for activation.

Additional Fees

If customers desire outdoor video surveillance equipment, they will be charged an additional $99 equipment fee. Renters must pay a $299 upfront installation fee. The company offers an equipment warranty that provides coverage on parts replacement and labor costs for only 90 days. After that, customers are responsible for all service fees and repair costs for the length of the contract.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

CPI Security offers customized home security, energy management, and video surveillance solutions for customers. The company professionally installs its own equipment at no charge and provides 24/7 monitoring with certified dispatchers at its central monitoring stations. However, the company is not completely transparent with CPI Security costs, such as upfront pricing, monitoring costs, and other service fees.

Homeowners are encouraged to weigh this information against our verified CPI Security reviews below to determine if this company best suits their specific home security needs.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.2

A. Wallace Ninety Six, SC

We own our home and live in a rural area in South Carolina with good cell phone coverage. We’ve been very satisfied with both the customer service and professionalism of the install technician. Due to the poor Internet download speeds available, our technician informed that video camera monitoring was not recommended and that reduced our monthly monitoring costs. The walking inspection of our home and basement generated suggestions (no hard sell) for gas/smoke/fire sensors and a few more “smash” sensors. All new customer installation and contract period terms were explained. I liked the wireless communication system and user friendly sensor panels and easy to follow instructions. I’ve had monitored security systems in Hawaii and Washington D.C. and CPI Security has been more upfront with disclosing costs and contract terms. So far, I’ve been satisfied with their home security monitoring.

FRANK JONES Stella, NC

I have been with CPI for 5 years. I read all the contract information and decided to go with them. I have seen no hiding of fees, etc. People should read the contract. I have paid nothing for my system other than the monthly monitoring charge. They have always been courteous to me. I have referred CPI to 3 of my neighbors and they have been well satisfied with the service CPI provides. I am concerned that the scores are not higher.

Billie Billeisen High Point, NC

I recently moved to North Carolina and wished to safeguard my home and my dog, Juliet. Randall was my sales associate and Terry was my tech. Both gentlemen were exactly that, gentlemen who conducted themselves professionally and yet were kind as well. Terry spent extra time to be certain I was well taken care of and understood my responsibilities. I am grateful for both gentlemen! I am most happy with my choice at this time.

Martha Moncks Corner, SC

I just moved into a location here in Moncks corner and we decided to put in a security system we talk to a couple of different companies and the most responsive with the best deal was CPI. so we chose them the tech was very nice sales rep was wonderful well done well installed looks like it’s been there forever thank you CPI.

DeanO Seneca, SC

Wonderful to work with ! Very transparent with us in costs and monitoring . Any problems, which are virtually none, they are quick to come and repair or replace ! Very cordial phone personnel, who are well trained and versed in helping by phone! Local repair personnel if needed ! I have their personal phone number !

Jacqueline Davis Charlotte, NC

Never any problems with the systems. I have been with this company for many years. Price has stayed the same. Alarm goes off when it should.

trent Charlotte, NC

have been with cpi for almost 15 years have had no problems. quick service and reasonable fees