Alarm New England offers professional-grade Alarm.com wireless smart home security starting at $26.99 per month. Customers can choose between month-to-month plans or save money with a contract, as well as select DIY or professional installation. The company's local, UL-approved monitoring station gets the fastest possible response times and its customer service is always available to help. The company is a local New England business and its trained technicians are fully certified and background-checked.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Cove chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• 100 Safe Nights Guarantee
  • Professional Install or DIY Solutions
  • Honeywell Total Connect App
  • Residential and Commercial Solutions
  • 100% Wireless

100 Safe Nights Guarantee

Alarm New England offers a 100 Safe Nights Guarantee, which ensures that if a customer is not happy with their system, they can return it within 100 days for a full refund.

Professional Install or DIY Solutions

The company provides two installation options: professional or DIY.

Honeywell Total Connect App

Alarm New England is a one-stop shop for security and home automation needs. The company's smart home tools work well with SmartThings, Wink, Amazon Alexa, Iris, or Vera. These systems can be integrated and then accessed, monitored, and controlled from one interface: the Honeywell Total Connect app. This app allows customers to view and manage everything from their computer or smartphone.

Residential and Commercial Options

Alarm New England offers residential, small business, and commercial solutions.

100% Wireless

With Alarm New England, everything is 100% wireless so customers never have to worry about the possibility of cut lines interfering with their safety. This is achieved by using a cellular signal that doesn't use wires to communicate with the monitoring center. The company also offer a WiFi option.

The Bad

Only Available in New England

Alarm New England currently only serves residents of Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island

The Bottom Line

Alarm New England seems to be a top-notch alarm and home automation company with all the latest equipment and technology. The company offers a wide variety of options, features, and benefits. If you live in Connecticut, Massachusetts, or Rhode Island, Alarm New England is worth looking into.

View Best Home Security Companies

4.9

Ta GMaLoyalty

April 9th, 2020 Groton, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is absolutely the best company I have ever experienced! Not just with a security company, but any type of company! I had been researching security companies and was just about to give up when I came across their site! They listened to me without trying to up sell! I had surgery coming up and they made it a priority to get the job done right away! When Tom came to install the system, he was very knowledgeable and explained everything! He was very polite and also personable which means a lot to me! I ended up having electrical issues that Tom tried to fix for me! He really did go over and beyond my expectations! My issues are resolved and he will be coming back! If your searching for home security, you should start with them! You will be floored by the whole process as well as the price! Tara H.

mark bartlett

January 18th, 2020 North Easton, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

very helpful assistance from Irma on arranging for upgrades to our smoke and heat detectors for the sale of our home and pre-inspection by the fire department

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you so much for the kind works Mark! Happy to know your fire alarm system is working well!

Maureen Knotts

January 17th, 2020 Hamtramck, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with alarm company a long time. Service is always positive!

Mar 12, 2020

We love having you as part of the Alarm New England family Maureen!

Tim

January 7th, 2020 Franklin, MA

The team was very helpful. They really tried to get the right equipment for our needs. The install was seamless.

Mar 12, 2020

We're happy to be protecting you Tim! Thank you for the kind words.

Shirley

July 16th, 2019 Coventry, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alarm New England has always been great, always call when there’s an alarm and never really had any major issues with the system in nearly 20 years. I’m a very happy customer and would definitely recommend.

Mar 12, 2020

Happy to be protecting you Shirley! Reach out if you ever need anything :)

Bob C

June 18th, 2019 Chatham, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've had the security system for nearly 20 years and have found the service outstanding. The technicians have been very helpful, particularly when there have been power outages or other circumstances. I would recommend Alarm New England.

Mar 12, 2020

Love to be protecting you Bob, please reach out if you ever need anything!

Susan

June 13th, 2019 Chilmark, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What a great company! So happy I made the decision to switch over from ADT more than 10 years ago. Outstanding customer service along with the peace of mind of having a quality alarm system. My only complaint is I wish they were national. I’d love for my friends and family outside of New England to take advantage as well. Consider expanding to the Midwest! Anywho, love this company. Would recommend!!

Mar 12, 2020

We love you made the switch too! Reach out if you ever need anything Susan.

Michael carter

April 12th, 2019 Wayland, MA

Very professional organization. John our technician was knowledgeable, courteous and patient teaching us the technology. He listened carefully to our needs and changed the originally scheduled equipment to different equipment to better meet our needs. I highly recommend them. Connie on the app installation was super nice and smart

Mar 12, 2020

John & Connie are the best! Please reach out if you ever need anything Michael.

Leslie F.

April 6th, 2019 Boston, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alarm New England is a remarkable company. Their service, professionalism and attention to detail is exceptional!!

Mar 12, 2020

We are remarkably happy to have you as a customer Leslie!

Dan

February 1st, 2019 Chepachet, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awful. Been a cust for 3 years. I get 2 phone calls in the middle of the night telling me there is motion in a show Room wakened me and my family UPS once I get there there is nothing wrong with the alarm system there is no motion the police said there is nothing wrong I call the alarm company and they told me they will charge me to come out to see what is going on and I asked them since you are job is to monitor the alarm system if it's not working properly why should I have to pay for it then they threatened to give me an early terminations feet because I signed a 5 year contract

Matt

November 5th, 2018 Concord, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used Alarm New England for a complete house renovation project and our new alarm system works perfectly. The design, scheduling, and install teams were super friendly and professional. I didn’t get the hard sales pitch that I received from the other mega alarm companies. The system itself is super-user friendly, with a stylish keypad and plenty of firepower in the mobile apps. Highly recommend.

Mar 12, 2020

Super happy to have you as a customer of ours Matt. Please reach out if you ever need help with the system!

C.L. Gildroy

October 23rd, 2018 Edgartown, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alexandra Background: We started years ago with an alarm company acquired by Alarm New England. The analog/landline system was seldom on and existed only to satisfy insurance requirements when we were away. False alarms were a serious issue for us and neighbors called to investigate whether there had been a break-in or a fire. Xfinity recently upgraded an old analog system, which gave us an opportunity to consider other digital options. Alarm New England was there, but we were barely aware of them, simply paying someone else for the same service. Bored, a simple online inquiry opened up a team of experts at ANE and a dreaded change turned into a fun ride. Our existing system was expertly assessed, proposals presented, and within two weeks we were up and running. The techs showed up on time, knew what they were doing, saving most of the older system, and cleaned up afterward. There were no surprise costs. On call, Connie M was simply superb in working through with my wife setting up additional cameras and answering any questions I had. The cameras are beautiful with excellent resolution. The system is so easy to arm and monitor remotely it is always in use. We cut the landline after forty years, which equaled the cost of Alarm New England's monthly charges. We have other analog systems elsewhere and wish we Alarm New England was there to help make a change. Out only complaint is they don't service all of the United States.

Mar 12, 2020

You are the best! Please reach out if you ever need help with the system :)

Richard

May 22nd, 2018 Bristol, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alarm New England was the simple, easy and fast solution for keeping my home safe. Alexandra was helpful and knowledgeable about the state of the art equipment they offer for security and home automation. Connie made the self-installation process a breeze and was a pleasure to talk to. I would without a doubt recommend Alarm New England to friends and family.

Carolyn Grillo

May 14th, 2018 Boston, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alarm New England made setting up our home security so easy. Alexandra and Connie took such great care of us. I could not recommend them more. I feel safe and secure. I would recommend using them for home or commercial use. I love that I can integrate technology into my home that makes living easier and safer.

Mar 12, 2020

Alexandra and Connie are the best! Super happy to be protecting one of the original Boston ANE customers!! Thank you Carolyn.

Andy Herlihy

May 11th, 2018 New Bedford, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had the Alarm New England service for over a year and they have been absolutely incredible. Our system allows all of our employees to have individual codes and access to our facility and allows remote access when needed. The customer service responds immediately to questions and we have created a great relationship over the last year. Alarm New England has supported our small non-profit organization to fit our needs exactly.

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you Andy! We appreciate the local business, it means everything.

Grace Oltarzewski

May 11th, 2018 Boston, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We work with Alarm New England for monitoring and maintenance or the fire systems in many of our commercial and residential buildings in downtown Boston. Their techs are true professionals, customer service is timely and we are satisfied with the service.

Mar 12, 2020

You are the best Grace, thank you :)

Carmine

May 11th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased a system approximately 6 months ago and from the first call the staff Alexander and Connie were hands down the best. Every question, concern and need was addressed throughly and professional. I couldn't have asked for a better experience from start and up to today. The company has been top notch and I am extremely pleased.

Mar 12, 2020

Carmine thank you for the kindest words! If ever you need anything please reach out.

Jen Hemaer

May 10th, 2018 Brewster, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fantastic business! We have had a wonderful experience purchasing, installing and using the Alarm New England System. Alexandra was very knowledgeable with my questions and answers prior to purchasing. Connie was fantastic with installation - fun, encouraging, positive and so reassuring in the system being complete. We really have loved working with this team and encourage anyone in the market for an alarm system to check them out!

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you Jen! You are the best. If you ever need any help upgrading the system please reach out :)

Mitch

May 10th, 2018 Oxford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You can't go wrong partnering with Alarm New England. Their customer service rivals the best in the business. Very good attention to details. Alexandra was fantastic when reviewing my layout and needs. She developed a system that works for me, right down to placement of sensors. They hold true to their word, if something is promised, they deliver, on time. As an engineer, I look at thing differently. All of my technical questions were answered handily with enough detail to satisfy me. I opted for the self install option. No regrets doing that. Connie was amazing with all the support and answers I needed. I absolutely recommend Alarm New England to everybody that needs a alarm system.

Mar 12, 2020

You are the best Mitch, thank you for the kind words.

Michael Ryan

May 10th, 2018 Wellesley Hills, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been incredibly happy with the service, support and products delivered by Alarm New England. This family run business has the support of my family, from the protection of my home and my mothers. They are so great and manage everything so well and go above and beyond with additional work after work hours and on weekends. I looked at several other competing providers and nothing compares to the value that Alarm New England provides. All others are incredibly expensive and ANEs self installation could not be easier and more affordable. Also, don't get sucked into the partner groups of other service providers! They have low rates and prices to lure you in and then you get poor service and low rate equipment. ANE is all high quality in service, expertise, and products.

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you Ryan! Love protecting your home. If you ever need any help upgrading the system please reach out :)

Mark

May 9th, 2018 Attleboro, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We just signed our contract and could not be happier with the company so far! Alexandra has made the process extremely easy and she is a pleasure to work with!

Mar 12, 2020

Pleasure having you as part of our Alarm New England family Mark!

Steven Salerno Jr

May 9th, 2018 Suffield, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Coming from LiveShield (now owned by AT&T) after a 6 year stint I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Alarm New England blows them and anyone else away. I did a ton of research before I made a switch and this is what I found. The difference in the quality of the equipment alone is enough to switch. Had I known, I would have done it years ago. The Honeywell Equipment works flawlessly and was priced right. Some of the equipment we have in our house is Homekit enabled and very unreliable. The Honeywell Lyric "just works" and you can immediately see the quality when you open the box.....with a software update, it too is HomeKit ready. I chose to do the "self Install" of my system and once I laid out our house with Alexandria (who's incredible by the way) my system was configured and shipped out the following day. When it arrived the next morning I opened the box and it was all configured and ready to go. Sensors were labeled and it was pretty much plug and play from there. After installing my sensors I called Connie to test the system and make sure it was "talking" to the central monitoring hub. At no point in the process was there a hiccup. Everything arrived quickly and was configured to work properly with our home with ZERO issues. I can't say enough about this company, their product and their customer service. Best of the best! Hopefully we'll never have to "test" the alarm in the real world but if we do I have no doubt it will function as it's supposed to and Alarm New England will do their part, unlike some of the other companies out there.

Mar 12, 2020

You're the Best Steven, thanks for such kind words.

David Schulze

May 9th, 2018 Stoughton, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thank you for a great installation process and a smooth transition to your services. Alexandra's sales engagement was a class act, Jon was a fantastic service technician and Connie's customer service is top notch! I am looking forward to working with you all.

alice markson

May 9th, 2018 Milton, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so happy I switch my home security provider to Alarm New England. This family run company provides great personalized customer service. They were able to use my existing alarm pad- which saved me money and came out to add smoke directors on every level of my house that are directly connected my local fire station. The technician who setup my system was extremely knowledgeable and did not try sell me extra devices. When you phone their support line a real person answers and is more than happy to walk you through any questions you may have. This switch was a great move for me and my family.

You're the best Alice ;)

George Fabrizio

May 9th, 2018 North Easton, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I researched home alarm systems and companies off and on for over three years, and none of the options seemed very good in my opinion. Either the installation was too expensive, the monitoring was too expensive, the equipment did not belong to me, or the system had security flaws which defeated the purpose of having a home security system. Then I learned about the Honeywell Lyric Home Security System. After exhaustive research, I came to the conclusion that this was the best wireless security system on the market. Its fully encrypted wireless technology solves this longstanding security deficiency of wireless systems; and the dual wireless/cellular communication options solves another. After deciding on the Honeywell Lyric system, I started looking where to buy it. Based on my research, I felt confident I could install the system myself so I looked at DIY options. Initially I did not look at Alarm New England because they did not have prices posted on their website, so I assumed they were more expensive. I finally decided to give them a call and discovered that THEY WERE THE CHEAPEST. They also have a professional installation option (also very reasonably priced) for those who are not comfortable with a self installation. I signed up with Alarm New England right away. My equipment came within days of my order, all pre-programmed, and the installation was a breeze. Connie and Alexandra were amazing throughout the sales and installation process. I could not be happier. I would highly recommend Alarm New England!

Jim

August 21st, 2017

Have been with them for over 20 years and have not had a problem with customer service. Replaced a couple of contact over time and the backup battery every 5 or 6 years. After getting rid of Verizon land line , we upgraded to digital wireless keypads and had to sign 2 YEAR CONTRACT.