Ackerman Security

5.9

LAST UPDATED: July 5th, 2022

Ackerman Security was founded in 1967 and offers both residential and commercial security service to homeowner and business owner clientele. The security company provides industry leading home security, professional monitoring, home automation, video surveillance, and attaches multiple guarantees on its home security system.

Ackerman Security is a Premier Honeywell equipment dealer, runs a CSAA 5-Diamond Monitoring Center, and boasts a number of endorsements from radio and broadcast news personalities local to and trusted by the greater Atlanta, Georgia area.

The Good

• Written Guarantees
  • Monitoring Starts at $19.95 per Month
  • Smart Home Integration
  • Video Surveillance
  • No-Cost Switch to Ackerman Security
  • ADT Authorized Dealer

Written Guarantees

Ackerman applies a number of guarantees to its home alarm system to give customers added peace of mind:

• 200 Percent Money-back Guarantee — in the unlikely event that a home under Ackerman Security's protect is broken into and robbed, the home security company will reimburse clients double what they lost. Specifically, Ackerman will pay the customer's insurance deductible in-full, then pay an equal amount in cash.
  • Seconds Count Guarantee — Ackerman guarantees to either meet or exceed the Underwriters Laboratories 45-second response time requirement.

Monitoring Starts at $19.95 per Month

At a starting price of $19.95 per month, Ackerman Security offers one of the most cost-effective monitoring subscriptions in the industry. The basic 24/7 monitoring packages covers fire/smoke detectors, burglary, and dangerous gas levels including carbon monoxide detectors. For a higher monthly fee, customers can also receive monitoring for water damage and medical monitoring.

Wireless Monitoring

Ackerman Security customers also have the option to switch to wireless monitoring that does not require a landline. Wireless monitoring from Ackerman security relies on cellular communication to work, so even if landline or internet connections are interrupted, the customer's home will still be secure.

IP Alarm Monitoring

In addition to wireless monitoring, customers can monitor their home security via IP, or internet protocol, which is more cost-effective than traditional landline monitoring, and works well for individuals living in cellular dead spots with poor reception.

Smart Home Integration

Ackerman provides the homeowner with a number of smart home features to easily manage both security and energy management from their mobile phone or smart devices. Customers can arm or disarm their systems, turn lights on or off, adjust temperature settings, and receive instant notifications remotely. In terms of home automation equipment, Ackerman offers the following:

• Smart locks
  • Smart thermostat
  • Smart lights
  • Smart security camera
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Voice control
  • Garage door opener

Video Surveillance

Ackerman customers have a number of video surveillance capabilities available to them, including video recording and real-time viewing/live streaming from both indoor and outdoor security camera installations, as well as the video doorbell.

No-Cost Switch to Ackerman Security

For customers with existing home security systems, Ackerman offers a no-cost switch service, that allows them to keep their home security system and add on Ackerman's monitoring services at no additional cost. While this service does come with a few exceptions, it provides Georgia homeowners an opportunity to save on their monthly monitoring fees by switching to Ackerman Security.

ADT Authorized Dealer

Ackerman Security is now an ADT Authorized Dealer, which gives the company access to ADT's leading technology, home security equipment, and monitoring services, all while maintaining its low monthly rates and quality customer service.

The Bad

• Limited Residential Service Area
  • No Home Security Equipment Disclosure

Limited Residential Service Area

While Ackerman's commercial security service extends to 48 states across the country, its residential security is limited to cities and neighborhood surrounding Atlanta, Georgia. Customers living in this service area are encouraged to read verified Ackerman Security reviews to determine if the company's services are the best for their needs.

No Home Security Equipment Disclosure

Although Ackerman Security provides basic information about its home automation equipment, the same cannot be said for much of its home security equipment. At best, the company implies it offers motion sensor, window/door sensors, control panel, and other important security components, but does not provide product specifications on its website.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Ackerman Security demonstrates all the attributes one should expect to find in a reputable home security company. Customers in Georgia are encouraged to read our Ackerman Security review profile, and obtain a free quote if they like what they see. They're also encouraged to compare Ackerman Security's monthly monitoring fees and contract terms to other leading security providers in their area before making a final decision.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.4

OLillian Baker Atlanta, GA

First of all I would like to give high praise to April who I spoke with today and let me unload 5 months of frustration on her while being apologetic and professional. April deserves to be commended! When April went as far as she could she contacted Stephanie who was on a call but promised to promptly return my call; and she did. Stephanie allowed me to vent and felt my frustration of talking to your company for 5 months without any resolution. Stephanie reviewed my account and promptly arranged the refund I requested! I must say divine intervention took place today with these wonderful ladies; I started not to call because I didn’t want the run around again, but I followed my first mind and did! I am now a happy former customer. I would have stayed with Ackerman if asked to consider their updated services with equipment with the ring doorbell. No one offered anything comparable to what I wanted. I never had a complaint against Ackerman as a customer; in fact I recommended you to people. However after what I considered sub par customer service the last 5 months while trying to obtain a refund for charges after I ended my relationship with Ackerman. I became disappointed with Ackerman. I only wanted funds returned to me that you charged after I left your company! However thanks to April and Stephanie who both should be commended; my faith in Ackerman has been restored and maybe I will be your customer again one day!😌

Reply from Ackerman Security

Ms. Baker, wow! Thank you so much for this great 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a loyal customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Ed in Clarkston Clarkston, GA

It has been my fortune to have Ackerman Security for about 12 years. I'm a Senior citizen living alone with no close family. Every time I pass the main Control Panel, I look upon it as a live-in Personal Assistant. My equipment has never failed or malfunctioned. It is the original equipment from 12 years ago. I have set off the alarm due to my own error on several occasions and IMMEDIATELY at all times a friendly call came inquiring if everything were okay. On 2 occasions, I set off the alarm due to a lot of smoke from cooking. The smoke alarm reacted immediately. Two years ago I had a kitchen fire due to equipment malfunctioning. In trying to put it out to save my home, I inadvertently burned slightly a hand and arm. As usual, there was the immediate call. The Ackerman representative was so courteous and personal inquiring about my safety and injury. Because I was going into shock she gave me steps to take and said the DeKalb Fire Dept. and Ambulance Services were already on the way. Immediately I could hear the sirens as I live only 2 blocks away. This personal response, care and concern of Ackerman kept me from slipping into shock. When I set the alarm upon retiring nightly, I touch the Control Panel giving thanks my friends at Ackerman are there at the moment for me.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank You Ed! We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Dec. 12th, 2019

Danny Gainesville, GA

The service has been great. Since I started I haven't had very many issues and the few that I have come across over the years have been handled very quickly and professionally. The employees seem very knowledgable about their services. Of course I've thought of switching however after speaking with the loyalty department I don't know why I would when they can do so much for me being a long time customer. Highly recommend.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you! We are so pleased to have you as a loyal customer! So much wonderful feedback goes unsaid on social media these days.

Renee Amie Atlanta, GA

I have been a customer with Ackerman Security for over five years. I have never had any problems with them. Their customer services is very outstanding. My sister enter her passcode in wrong and was having a problem of remember her passcode . We call Ackerman and the young lady was very helpful, and she stay on the line with us until we got the problem solve.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you very much! We're here for you!

Bill Vienna, VA

We replaced a national company with constantly rising prices in the Virginia area. Techs have great knowledge and quickly replaced outdated equipment at half the cost of the other company. The service tech finished an incomplete installation left after a door was replaced for no additional cost. Monitoring costs are much lower and a faster response to inadvertent alarm activation. Responsive customer service and stable prices! Should be ranked much higher!

Reply from Ackerman Security

We're here because of wonderful customers like you! Thank you!

Eric Beckman

I had another company who was the installer of my equipment and had no complaints with service issues. However, they kept increasing my monitoring fee and eventually priced themselves out of my business. I switched over to Ackerman who sent out a very knowledgeable and professional sales person. I got a few extra items of equipment and a reasonable fixed monitoring rate. The times I've needed customer service, I've talked to helpful and courteous staff and great technicians when they needed to work on or replace my equipment

Reply from Ackerman Security

I hope you're still happy with us! We're here for you 24-hours a day at 800-552-1111!

TERRY WILKS Atlanta, GA

I had an issuse with my equipment Ackerman went above and beyond to solve my issues. It seemed from my past interactions that the customer service was declining. The put those thoughts to rest when they stepped up and helped!!

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank You! We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Oct. 12th, 2020

Lynne S. Marietta, GA

Ackerman has been my alarm system provider for approximately 3 years. I appreciate the time, attentiveness & professionalism of the representatives that I’ve had the pleasure of working with during this time. To my Account Representative(s); thanks very much for your exceptional customer service.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. Your Ackerman

Mr.Mays Lithonia, GA

I had some issues with my billing and also trying to get through. However I must say when I was able to speak with a representative he was honest and addressed all of my concerns. What also prompted me to call was that I received a gift in the mail and wanted to say thank you.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Mr. Mays, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Dec. 18th, 2019

Andrea Dacula, GA

We had a problem with our security system. Andrew reached out to us and immediately worked to rectify the situation. Andrew was courteous, knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. He understood the issue and worked to ensure that my husband and I, as consumers, were knowledgeable about the problem as well. He fixed the issue in a timely manner.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you! We are so pleased to have you as a loyal customer! Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Teresa H. Atlanta, GA

This time, a good experience. Service guy took time to explain the system and which zones were which. This technician discovered where the previous service tech left our home unprotected. This current Tech cleared the problem.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you! We appreciate you!

Aug. 12th, 2019

Urban Svensson Newnan, GA

Gregg, the service tech that came to our house did an excellent job. He has been here before, he is always professional, resolves the problem and represents the company very well. He should be considered as a very valuable employee.

Sabrina Winder, GA

I have had a great experience with Ackerman. I was surprised how easy it was from the call setting the appointment with a consultant to install. Everyone has provided friendly and prompt customer service. Love the no theft guarantee that they have backing up their services/equipment. Would recommend to anyone wanting to protect their family.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Isaac Kirkham Dacula, GA

Have had a great experience with Ackerman so far. Been a customer for almost a year now and I have been very please with the efficiency of answering alarms. We haven't had a real alarm yet, but every false alarm is answered by a person within seconds. The technician was also very pleasant and knowledgeable.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Isaac, we appreciate your wonderful review and hope to have you as a lifetime customer!

May. 25th, 2018

Russell Williams Jefferson, GA

Our Sales person was very knowledgeable and offered us a lot which they delivered on with no problems. They upgraded our current system at no cost and made some minor changes that needed to be made. The Technician was there when he said he would be and even called before he headed our to our home to let us know when he would be here.

Reply from Ackerman Security

I hope you're still pleased with your service! We truly appreciate you! Please call us at 800-552-1111 if you need anything.

Christopher Webb Fayetteville, GA

Had a challenging interaction with two of the Ackerman reps. Had the pleasure of working with Ms. Stephanie J from the Customer Loyalty Team. She deescalated the situation and resolved my issues. Well Done

Wanda Kilgore Powder Springs, GA

Excellent sales representative as well as technician. Knowledgeable and professional. Tailored package for my personal needs. Very upfront about cost. The price was excellent when compared to other options!

Mar. 10th, 2020

Camisha Oates Mableton, GA

I haven’t received any service as of yet but Allen was very pleasant and explained my services very well. It was a joy meeting him and I look forward to my new service. Thank you.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Camisha, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Feb. 21st, 2020

James normand Norcross, GA

Ackerman has been a smooth transition from when my sales representative came to my house to when my system was installed. It is such a difficult decision to choose a security company but I'm glad I chose Ackerman.

Jan. 29th, 2020

Vince Miami, FL

Ackerman responds promptly when an alert is received. They also expedite service if a technician needs to check system. Compared to my previous company I'm very satisfied with Ackerman.

Michelle McDonough, GA

I learned so many features on my alarm system that I didnt even know about! The technician was awesome, very informative. Demetrice H was exceptional. I would and will highly reccomend Ackerman.

Thank you so much!

Rodney Cotillier

My bill never changes. The few times I have accidently set my alarm off, we immediately received a call from Ackerman. We live within 15 miles of Atlanta and we don't have land phone lines.

Reply from Ackerman Security

I hope we're still wowing you! Let us know if you need any assistance at 800-552-1111!

Emerson Amey Newnan, GA

Great service he went above and beyond. I highly recommend Ackerman security. Excellent service.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Emerson, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Apr. 20th, 2021

Kou Xiong Auburn, GA

Ackerman's response time when the alarm is sounded is incredibly fast. Quick responses can be critical and I love that they respond quick every time!!! Thanks Ackerman!!!

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you so much! We appreciate you!

Eddy Sandford Whitesburg, GA

Knowledgeable staff great service installation was very professional

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you, Eddy! We are so pleased to have you as a loyal customer! Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

May. 3rd, 2021

Shelby Smyrna, GA

Great service! Very informative at the initial request and then again at technicians setup we are happy with Ackermans security services

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank You Shelby! We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Dec. 23rd, 2019

Gia Jones Peachtree City, GA

Customer service is awesome. The salesperson was very knowledgeable. The rep I spoke to on the was very professional.

Apr. 5th, 2019

Isidro Angeles Jonesboro, GA

Ackerman has been good to my family. The price has been consistent and no surprises or hidden fees. We feel safe with Ackerman.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you! We appreciate you!

Apr. 4th, 2019

Pamela Albea Lawrenceville, GA

I love the customer service they great and always on point I won't change my service for anything thank you Ackerman

Apr. 9th, 2020

Cathy Norwood Rex, GA

My contact stay with what he told me set up everything and everything is just fine what great service thank you!

Reply from Ackerman Security

Cathy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Dec. 12th, 2019

Philip Chatham McDonough, GA

Jason is a great guy and will take care of you ! He knew just what to do on my security cams ! Polite and courteous!

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you! We appreciate the great review!

Aug. 12th, 2019

GeorgiaPeach McDonough, GA

Very accommodating with scheduling. Professional and friendly employees with great customer service.

Aug. 5th, 2019

Ronald J Watters Atlanta, GA

Very Satisfied with response from all Customer Service personnel. Very happy with equipment installed in my property.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you for the great review!

Stephanie L Austell, GA

Packer man is a great company and the installer that came out was very knowledgeable and he showed me every detail.

Apr. 12th, 2019

Meshall Petteway Riverdale, GA

Excellent company with no hassle The sales representative was very professional and very knowledgeable

Thank you so much!

Roy Price Winder, GA

Outstanding pre sale explanation of cost/benefits of system. Professional installation and followup.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you for the wonderful review! Let us know if you need anything at 800-552-1111!

Day Care Decatur, GA

Fast, Reliable , and Efficient!!  had them for over 2 years now no complaints

Jan. 30th, 2020

Jerry Alpharetta, GA

The tech was great He was very knowledgeable in changing our system over to wireless

Aug. 5th, 2019

Mary Dallas, GA

They are on time ,super nice and caring.They make sure all issues are taken care of.

Reply from Ackerman Security

We are super excited that you raving fan of Ackerman!

Aug. 16th, 2019

Gary Fiore Winston, GA

Excellent job by Phyllis in designing our system. Jason and Todd did a super job with the install.

Mitch Decatur, GA

Great install & very professional would recommend this company to everyone needing security system.

Thank you very much!

Apr. 5th, 2019

ADW Newnan, GA

This company gives you excellent service at an affordable price!!

May. 11th, 2020

Gladys Soto Atlanta, GA

Very professional and did great work. So happy with this company

Reply from Ackerman Security

Gladys, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Dec. 23rd, 2019

RW Mableton, GA

Courteous, friendly, professional, and extremely fast service.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Gloria Montgomery Atlanta, GA

I feel comfortable when they always call after a mistake with the alarm

Ms. Wright Stockbridge, GA

They are very friendly and aim to please the xustomer.

Ms Chelle Union City, GA

They were in and out with 20 minutes and very nice people

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you for the positive review!

Jul. 24th, 2019

Sam Buford, GA

Great service, good price and amazing support

Apr. 16th, 2019

Tamika Johnson Capitol Heights, MD

Customer Service is great! Price is great also!

Ashley Harris Snellville, GA

Sham was a great tech he knows his stuff!

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you! Sham is great!

Apr. 10th, 2019