Ackerman Security

5.9

LAST UPDATED: July 5th, 2022

Ackerman Security was founded in 1967 and offers both residential and commercial security service to homeowner and business owner clientele. The security company provides industry leading home security, professional monitoring, home automation, video surveillance, and attaches multiple guarantees on its home security system.

Ackerman Security is a Premier Honeywell equipment dealer, runs a CSAA 5-Diamond Monitoring Center, and boasts a number of endorsements from radio and broadcast news personalities local to and trusted by the greater Atlanta, Georgia area.

The Good

• Written Guarantees
  • Monitoring Starts at $19.95 per Month
  • Smart Home Integration
  • Video Surveillance
  • No-Cost Switch to Ackerman Security
  • ADT Authorized Dealer

Written Guarantees

Ackerman applies a number of guarantees to its home alarm system to give customers added peace of mind:

• 200 Percent Money-back Guarantee — in the unlikely event that a home under Ackerman Security's protect is broken into and robbed, the home security company will reimburse clients double what they lost. Specifically, Ackerman will pay the customer's insurance deductible in-full, then pay an equal amount in cash.
  • Seconds Count Guarantee — Ackerman guarantees to either meet or exceed the Underwriters Laboratories 45-second response time requirement.

Monitoring Starts at $19.95 per Month

At a starting price of $19.95 per month, Ackerman Security offers one of the most cost-effective monitoring subscriptions in the industry. The basic 24/7 monitoring packages covers fire/smoke detectors, burglary, and dangerous gas levels including carbon monoxide detectors. For a higher monthly fee, customers can also receive monitoring for water damage and medical monitoring.

Wireless Monitoring

Ackerman Security customers also have the option to switch to wireless monitoring that does not require a landline. Wireless monitoring from Ackerman security relies on cellular communication to work, so even if landline or internet connections are interrupted, the customer's home will still be secure.

IP Alarm Monitoring

In addition to wireless monitoring, customers can monitor their home security via IP, or internet protocol, which is more cost-effective than traditional landline monitoring, and works well for individuals living in cellular dead spots with poor reception.

Smart Home Integration

Ackerman provides the homeowner with a number of smart home features to easily manage both security and energy management from their mobile phone or smart devices. Customers can arm or disarm their systems, turn lights on or off, adjust temperature settings, and receive instant notifications remotely. In terms of home automation equipment, Ackerman offers the following:

• Smart locks
  • Smart thermostat
  • Smart lights
  • Smart security camera
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Voice control
  • Garage door opener

Video Surveillance

Ackerman customers have a number of video surveillance capabilities available to them, including video recording and real-time viewing/live streaming from both indoor and outdoor security camera installations, as well as the video doorbell.

No-Cost Switch to Ackerman Security

For customers with existing home security systems, Ackerman offers a no-cost switch service, that allows them to keep their home security system and add on Ackerman's monitoring services at no additional cost. While this service does come with a few exceptions, it provides Georgia homeowners an opportunity to save on their monthly monitoring fees by switching to Ackerman Security.

ADT Authorized Dealer

Ackerman Security is now an ADT Authorized Dealer, which gives the company access to ADT's leading technology, home security equipment, and monitoring services, all while maintaining its low monthly rates and quality customer service.

The Bad

• Limited Residential Service Area
  • No Home Security Equipment Disclosure

Limited Residential Service Area

While Ackerman's commercial security service extends to 48 states across the country, its residential security is limited to cities and neighborhood surrounding Atlanta, Georgia. Customers living in this service area are encouraged to read verified Ackerman Security reviews to determine if the company's services are the best for their needs.

No Home Security Equipment Disclosure

Although Ackerman Security provides basic information about its home automation equipment, the same cannot be said for much of its home security equipment. At best, the company implies it offers motion sensor, window/door sensors, control panel, and other important security components, but does not provide product specifications on its website.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Ackerman Security demonstrates all the attributes one should expect to find in a reputable home security company. Customers in Georgia are encouraged to read our Ackerman Security review profile, and obtain a free quote if they like what they see. They're also encouraged to compare Ackerman Security's monthly monitoring fees and contract terms to other leading security providers in their area before making a final decision.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.4

Isaac Chan

Have been with Ackerman for over 10 years. They are very difficult when you want to cancel their service. You first have to listen to their repeated sales pitches to retain you as a customer. At the end, they require you to mail in a specific form that they create for you to sign. It seems another way to stall the cancellation process. They said it requires up to 10 business days to execute the cancellation. After 24 days since I mailed the cancellation form, they still haven’t acknowledged my cancellation “request”. Then I got another bill for a new monthly charge for July 2022 (24 days after I mailed Ackerman the cancellation form that they created for me!!!!! The company is very BAD if you ever want to stop the monitoring service!!!!

David Toliver Smyrna, GA

My system has been offline since the day it was installed. I haven't had time to go over there to troubleshoot and call a technician. It's mind boggling to me to have a "monitored" system and no communication when I'm offline. SimpliSafe would call, email, and text if I was offline for an extended period of time.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Oh no! I'm sorry we weren't aware of your unhappiness. May you allow us the opportunity to assist you with this matter? We aim to give every customer 5-star service. Please send me your contact information to [email protected] so that I may be able to get you the assistance you need. Warm Regards, Your Ackerman Security

CB Winder, GA

The customer service is absolutely terrible and makes in mind bogglingly difficult to cancel service. They have been charging us for service while dodging our calls. FTC commissioner Lina Khan tweeted in October 2021: "1. Given complaints about unauthorized charges & impossible-to-cancel billing, FTC has issued a policy statement making clear that firms that trick customers into signing up for subscriptions or trap them when they try to cancel are breaking the law. 2. To comply with the law, businesses must ensure sign-ups are clear, consensual, and easy to cancel. Specifically, businesses should provide cancellation mechanisms that are at least as easy to use as the method the customer used to buy the product or service in the first place." Ackerman is not complying with this.

Maria Caruso Atlanta, GA

Headline: Unethical company in my experience. My sales representative signed me to a five-year contract but never informed me I was signing for five years and not for one year I had asked for. When I called customer service to cancel, they were going to charge me $1K+ (the full value of the five-year contract) even though the salesperson misrepresented the nature of the contract. The customer service rep did lower my agreement to 3 years and gave me 3 months of free service. It's not enough reimbursement for the unethical sales practices. The sales person also told me I could cancel at anytime, which while true is a gross representation of reality since I could cancel only if I bought out the full value of the contract, which in effect means you cannot cancel. Also, if the contract could be changed to 3 years, there is absolutely no reason why they couldn't have changed it to one year. I then asked if they could automatically cancel my contract after it ended, and they said no; I would have to call again and cancel even though I already let them know I wanted to cancel. I asked if there was any way to lower my monthly payment and they said no because they had recently installed new equipment. I asked if they would come and remove the new equipment and they said they do not remove equipment after they install it. In other words, once you upgrade once, you are upgraded in price for life.

Phillip Britt Chicago, IL

Customer of Ackerman for many years. Good service at 1st residential location, but our move to a 2nd residence has been a billing nightmare. Ackerman is still billing us quarterly via direct bank withdrawal for our 1st residence. This has gone on for more that 1 year. Many calls to Ackerman brought promises to stop the billing and provide a refund of the funds they took from our account in error. We've just received a bank statement informing the billing continues again for service period beginning Nov 1, 2019. Errors happen. We get that but lack of the ability and willingness to correct them is inexcusable, We're looking for another provider for our current home and considering small claims legal action for the funds taken from our account given Ackerman is unable or unwilling to do the right thing.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Hello Phillip, We appreciate your business and apologize for your negative experience. We aim to give every customer 5-star service. When we fall short of that, we try to turn things around. Would you please allow us to rectify the situation if possible? We are ready and available to assist you 24-hours a day at 800-552-1111. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Jul. 7th, 2021

mike g. Marietta, GA

would give them a 0 star if I could. THEY DON'T RESPOND. We spent a lot of money installing a new system a year ago. It has not worked right since, sending false alarms in the middle of the night. and several other things. Their service dept. has not been able to fix. We tried to get service and the quickest they would schedule someone was 21 days. Also we have been customers for 17 years. For as much as we pay them they at least could get out here in a few days! I am going to cancel as soon as possible. I read where they delay cancellations by requiring a written notice on their form. It can take up to several months I hear from others because they dont acknowledge receiving the form. Asked the "loyalty " department person and she basically said that indeed that was Ackermans strategy in order to suck more dollars out of their leaving customers. She said that she was going to email me this cancellation form. She did not, what else would I expect? Good luck with us. Absolutely stay away from this joke of a company! They are run by an absentee out of town ownership company who bought them a few years who bought them a few years ago.years ago

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you for your feedback. Ackerman

Oct. 12th, 2020

Gary Montgomery Atlanta, GA

WARNING – DON’T USE ACKERMAN SECURITY! We signed up with Ackerman Security back in 2009 and have been loyal customers, until now. We got rid of our AT&T land line in October of 2018. This required we get an Ackerman equipment upgrade ($111.00) to monitor our alarms via internet rather than phone line. Our monthly service rate also went up by $12 to $32.50. BUT HERE’S THE RUB. We unknowingly signed a 5 year contract. The 5 was in very small print. Now in February 2020 it would cost us $1400.00 to cancel. We find this unethical and downright fraudulent misrepresentation. We thought the contract was our agreement to pay for the additional monthly charge. Our letter of complaint and discussion with customer service was to no avail. Please make sure you know what you are signing and getting yourself into. I feel like an old retiree who has just been conned.

Thank you for providing your feedback. Warm Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Mar. 10th, 2020

DAVID PACHECO JR. Lithonia, GA

On/or about middle of September 2019 my system did not reset, after multiple attempts to reprogram key pad, the 24 hr service desk referred me to a local technician. X three(3) attempts to coordinate appt for service failed. On 2 Oct I called again and requested to terminate service, BTW my system is ancient and the offer to upgrade at decaying unit was never made. It appears there's an AI agent "Christine" which works 24/7, via chat many attempts and promises made to upgrade service, once again a call never came after numerous attempts. SOOOO I received a bill for service I never had ! I spoke with Customer NO SERVICE and it appears my system was disconnected....yet their company does not communicate effectively...I continue to receive bills for an alarm system that was never repaired nor upgraded !! ***Customer service does not receive notifications from CHAT, EMAIL or any other sources...it is expected of you to just pay the NO SERVICE BILL

Reply from Ackerman Security

Oh no! I'm sorry we weren't aware of your unhappiness. May you allow us the opportunity to assist you with this matter? We aim to give every customer 5-star service. Please send me your contact information to so that I may be able to get you the assistance you need. Warm Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Jan. 10th, 2020

Paola Atlanta, GA

STAY AWAY FROM ACKERMAN! NO WONDER THEY KEEP LOSING BUSINESS AND NOT GROWING!!! I got Ackerman when I moved in to my house about three and a half years ago. The sales people were really nice and I was told that I had to stay on a 3-year contract so I was not responsible to pay for the equipment they upgraded me to, and then I was told after that I could cancel any time - LIES! They auto-renew your contract for a full year without telling you. Then you call to cancel, nobody mentions this to you, but they make it so hard for you to cancel, they beg you to stay with them and lower your price (but there is a catch, you have to sign a new contract for another year). They raise your voice to intimidate you when you try to cancel too and then they simply don't care and want to charge you a ridiculous amount of money to get out of the contract early. When I asked, why don't you bother sending me a renewal notice so I can decide whether to stay with you or not, and their answer was oh no m'am we don't do that. So, in summary, GO USE ANY OTHER SECURITY SYSTEM EXCEPT THESE ONES THAT TIE YOU TO A LONG TERM CONTRACT, SPECIALLY WHEN THEY DON'T SEND YOU A NEW ONE. We just found the Ring one in Costco for 175 (they have a $60 discount!) bucks and we will pay 10 dollars a month for monitoring.

Thank you for providing your feedback. Warm Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Jan. 10th, 2020

Dee Stockbridge, GA

Unprofessional and ill prepared Whenever I call in and wait 20+ mins , no one can ever answer my questions. No representative knows a thing I called to see when my I'll was due and no one knew I attempted to create an on line account but the site was down and they couldn't even provide me with my account number The last rep I spoke with sounded like he was outside at a picnic I called back and got someone else and they said they couldn't even bring my account up I then received a call from "management" and ty couldn't tell me when my bill was due or what service I had. Every time I fall in I get more frustrated because I haven't talked to anyone who helped me. I was promised an email with all the information I requested but never got it The equipment fell off the the wall, causing the alarm to sound and the police to come out. I was at work and thought I was being robbed. I left work in a panic to get home for nothing Now I have a letter from the police department saying I may have to pay a fine for a false alarm When I informed customer service of what happened, she said "I mean, I can give you a $10 credit". Where is the piece of mind? All of my cameras are delayed My doorbell never rings And the alarm sounds randomly in the middle of the night. I don't even feel safe. I call weekly for answers But whenever I wait forever, I'm connected with a person who doesn't know anything. And when a tech was sent out He said "I can't fix something that's not broken" I was referred by my mother and she never saw any compensation I'm just over the company as a whole and I really want to cancel my service Besides It doesn't work correctly anyway

Reply from Ackerman Security

We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standard for ourselves and we are truly sorry to hear that the standard was not met in your interaction with our business. Your happiness is our number one priority. Please send me your contact information to so that I may be able to address these concerns. Warm Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Oct. 28th, 2019

Concerned Netizen Stone Mountain, GA

I'd put zero stars if I could due to their predatory cancellation policy. I moved out of my house over 2 years ago, and notified them via phone at that time. To spite repeated requests to cancel the notifications and the account over the phone, they kept sending me phone calls and texts about "alarm outages". And I just found out that they've been charging me for monitoring this whole time! I asked if they could provide at least partial credit since this is obviously an error, but they said they could not. BE ADVISED: Apparently, in order to cancel the account, you have to ask to be transferred to their "Customer Loyalty Department" and request that they email you a form. The form has to be filled out and physically mailed in in order for the account to be cancelled.

Reply from Ackerman Security

I requested that our Customer Loyalty Manager research your account and review your agreement, so we can do all that we can. Our policy requires that we have written request from the account owner of record in order to terminate alarm services so that we can be sure that if anything happens, we have something in writing with your signature stating you wanted the account discontinued. Until that document has been received, we cannot legally cancel service. Though we aim to make every customer feel valued, we are unable to satisfy this request. As soon a letter is received, we are vigilant in discontinuing service and ending charges. I apologize for this confusion.

Vonn Gent Stockbridge, GA

I had Ackerman for over 7 years and I sold my house. Although I was living in an apartment they still made me pay for an additional six months. They claim no contracts but they auto renew you every two years without notifying you. Then you have to mail in this paper stating you want to cancel. Without that paper they will not cancel you. I no longer live in a house so I do not have time to go to the post office to mail you a letter stating that I cancel. I still cant remember if I mailed that paper. So I will have to call their no customer service again. I just bought a new house. Guess who I will not be using.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you for your feed back.

Nicole D Ellenwood, GA

I've been a customer with Ackerman for over 10 years and I am so disappointed with the service and customer service satisfaction efforts over the past 2-3 years. Faulty equipment, lack of following up and feeling not valued to the point I was going to cancel and a gentleman in the loyalty dept James W provided such good service ...of the caliber that I remembered. Our conversation convinced me to stay and I purchased an upgrade and cameras...big mistake ...now I am having issues with this NEW equipment that hasn't worked since it was installed. The technician was a no call no show yesterday; after multiple calls and a wasted Saturday waiting for a technician that never showed up...I still have not received the promised call back for resolution. Feeling like this company really does not care and just want to lock you in a committment that they cannot uphold.

Reply from Ackerman Security

I hate that you feel this way. I'll get an expert on this asap! Please email your contact information to so we can help!

Jun. 11th, 2019

Amanda Poss Temple, GA

There was an offered plan on the radio for $19.99, I was told I didn’t qualify for that plan so I pay close to $50. I was signed up for a 5 year contract but later found out there is a shorter term. I was sold the doorbell with a camera attached even though my actual doorbell at the time wasn’t working, was told by salesman that the installer would have no problem fixing it. Then when the installer came and hooked up the new doorbell he says it will work after I hire an electrician to install a new doorbell transformer. Let’s not even discuss they were advertising $100 gift card for new customers that I never received. All together my system works like it should. But the process of getting the system and all the lies you endure getting there makes it not worth it.

Reply from Ackerman Security

I'm sorry things weren't explained correctly to you. $19.95 is for all landline customers. If you need new equipment, different monitoring and features, the price goes up. Any doorbell camera or alarm equipment that is working, we can activate and monitor with no problem. If there are electrical issues and are more extensive than the equipment, we must suggest an expert electrician. Please let us know if you have any service concerns having to do with equipment we installed or converted at 800-552-1111.

Apr. 4th, 2019

TC Decatur, GA

Terrible service. BEWARE of this company and their fine prints. They are a bunch of #$% scam artists. They will automatically "ENROLL" you into an agreement without any email communication to let you know. After I call to cancel, I only got informed that I have to pay the remaining 8 months total ~$300 before they can cancel my service. So basically I'm paying for security service that I will not receive for the next 8 months! PLEASE THINK TWICE before you sign up with these SCAMMERS! There are many DIY service out there without Contracts and these kind of SCAM tactics that these people are using .

Ava Quail Canton, GA

I will join the ranks of bad reviewers for Ackerman Security Systems! I have had this service for a number of years and WHEN I WENT TO CANCEL I got the run around. Like others who have left reviews all over the internet, I had to CANCEL my credit card and get a new one in order to stop the charges. GO WITH ANY OTHER COMPANY! I spoke to VALERIE today (12/11/18) who was rude from the start. She told me I could not cancel over the phone. I told her I DID cancel over the phone on 10/10/18. She said she had to mail me a form to fill out and send back in order to cancel. In this day and age - REALLY? I told her I cancelled on 10/10/18 but if she wanted to send the form I'd get it back to her. I asked her to refund my money and stop future charges. She said that even when I send back the form, I'm tied to a "recurring" contract until May 2019! I was never notified any "recurring" contract was about to renew - I was not sent a copy of this contract - and I did not sign this contract. THEN I called my bank to stop the charges. The guy at my bank said these people are sneaky in the way they bill you. The way they charge your card is not "recurring" so that it will be stopped with a simple stop payment. They run each charge individually so even if a stop payment is in place, they can still get the charge through after you cancel your card and get a new one! My bank said to watch my account because businesses that are sneaky like this will put the charge through with their name changed slightly so even if they do a stop payment (just in case) - they can still get it through. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE! THEY HAVE UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES when you try to cancel your account!

Bob Middle River, MD

I regret that I purchased this system, due to the heavy advertising on a local radio station. This company is actually worse than ADT for the following reasons: 1. Whenever I called them for help, they gave me fuzzy technical explanations for my issues, on two occasions. 2. When the tech arrived at my house on a Friday afternoon, he appeared to be in a big hurry to fix the problem, like I was bothering him at the end of the day. I mean to say that this dude was in a hurry! 3. Just like ADT, I had to arrange for a service call on MY time, until I really argued with Ackerman. They did cooperate a bit, but.,,,, See comment 2 4. Accounting Dept began charging my checking account TWICE a month (grrrrr). It took FOUR phone calls to finally get the problem fixed, AND I did most of the research myself: contacting my credit union and providing bank statements that I printed from my home computer. 5. About a month ago, Ackerman sent me a survey regarding their service. After I submitted a negative review, they contacted me, stating how embarrassed they were and would have a rep contact me, who of course never did. 6. For all of the above reasons I am awarding this stinker Outfit a half a star—or a grade of E minus! Get the point here? Oh yeah, I’m still peeved that I had to spend like an entire day trying to get my checking account in order. Even ADT didn’t screw me that bad!

Reply from Ackerman Security

Allow us to assist you! Please email with your contact information so we can research and resolve these concerns.

Dec. 12th, 2018

Xiaojun Chen Alpharetta, GA

I do not even want to give this one star to the company. We had Ackerman service for the past two and half years. For the past 3 months, the remote cellular monitoring system trigger our alarm go crazy due to weak signal problem. We had called and arrange the onsite service, which they send out a contractor instead and did nothing. So we had to turn off the entire system in order to sleep. I try to cancel the service and move to other company. Then their customer royalty representative persuade me to have a security representative come to take a look and sell a total connect service to us. He then arrange the technician come to our home on Monday afternoon (8/13). My husband waited at home till 4:00pm and no one showed up. He called the company and was told that I called to cancel the appointment. The next morning I called the company and was told the technician had called my husband and cancel the appointment. We are in total shock and ask for the phone record which the customer service people told us they can not access the technician's phone record. So we are wondering whether anyone can trust a home monitoring service company that have trouble to track the work status of their technician during the work hours? Definitely need cancel their service now.

Lindsay Davis Baltimore, MD

If I could give Ackerman Security a review rating of -10 stars I would!! I would not recommend this Company to my worst enemy! That is how aggravated I am with how they have treated me and their inability to stand by their Mission Statement (quoted): “To secure your home with quality products!” I purchased surveillance cameras in January 2018 in order to be able to use evidence of my situation in the court’s system and with the police. I have a stalker, whom harasses me daily. He has physically harmed me, makes me feel defenseless and mentally, psychologically & emotionally disturbs me! He makes me feel unsafe. I’ve filed 3 peace orders against him, yet he still comes around when I’m not home.He sets off my car’s alarm in the wee hours of the night! He bangs loudly on my front door In the middle of the night. This has caused problems with the other tenants I live in close quarters to!!! The noise level of his banging travels and is heard from those tenants whom live above me and next to me. This convict & his obnoxious behavior has caused drama in all areas of my life. So,as a woman living alone & trying to find the best solution to stop this guy from harassing me; I decided to pay for a surveillance camera system with Ackerman Security. Technically, I could not even afford it but I needed something to put an end to my being harassed and allow me to feel safe.I have been completely UNABLE to use my security system since I purchased it in January, 2018. When the cameras where initially installed the technicians explained NOTHING to me on how to use the products I had purchased which consisted of: Wireless Monitoring, Surveillance, local 24 hour certified, monitoring and remote video & storage, video banging system. With so much technology to learn I should have been taught on the proper use of what I had bought. I received no direction on its use. From that day forward we approach the second issue. I was locked out of my own security system’s account immediately after installation & the technicians had left! I could not get in with the password I created & could not view my camera surveillance system. I called customer service & they sent out a technician that was rude, inattentive and explained NOTHING TOO ME other than, “ok it’s fixed, it should work now!” That was not the case. He claimed to have fixed the problem. The outcome, I was still shut out of my own security system using the new password I created. I still Could not view my cameras. Again I called, & requested another technician come out and solve the problem. I distinctly made it clear that I preferred a different technician than the previous one due to his rudeness. Another technician came out, after about 2 cancelled appointments on his end & one no-show. The outcome, he corrected nothing & basically said there was nothing he could do for me.Than a 3rd technician came out & than a fourth. Than the 5th time a technician came out with a manager! Apparently I had the incorrect software & the wrong app downloaded on my phone. With all the visits from technicians NONE OF THEM COULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM. As a customer of Ackerman Security shouldn’t I have maybe been informed that the app for my iPhone had changed for the monitoring of my home from anywhere, anytime, anyplace with use of the iPhone app. Nor was I Informed on the change in software to the monitor that gives access to viewing the outside of your home from you laptop on their website. So the final time a tech came out with a manager it resulted with them figuring out the problem! They needed to take my box/monitor that controls my camera system on the outside of my house!! So this occurs sometime in April, 2018. The manager assured me the monitoring box/system would be updated & returned to me immediately ensuring upon its return I would FINALLY have a working surveillance camera system!! It is now June 22, 2018 and my system’s box has yet to be returned.Sometime in May I had a scheduled appointment with a technician to come out to my home and hook my monitor box back up because it had been fixed. He was to arrive between 1pm-4pm. I cleared my schedule for this day!! The technician never showed up nor did he return any of my phone calls or texts. This was not the first time I re-arranged my schedule to have a technician come out using a 4 hour window time frame. Once again, they were a no show for the appointment. No phone call no nothing did I receive any of the times they just didn’t show up for an appt. Also, Ackerman Security does not even confirm appointments with their customers. How can a company not confirm that a specific day and time will work for their customer? They just choose a time & date & send you an email! So just to clarify I spent $1500 on a surveillance camera system with Ackerman Security with the main reasoning being to protect myself and my home from my stalker!!! By now I could have had SO Many videos of my harasser that would have had him immediately put in jail. But I do not have any evidence owed to not being able to access my camera system since my initial purchase of it in January, 2018. I have not been able to make use oF &/or even access my camera system one time since the original purchase date and installation date! Ive had to call 911 one night to request a cop sit out front of my house so that I felt safe enough to fall asleep because my stalker was obnoxious. Eventually, following numerous phone calls made on my behalf to Ackerman, I was finally able to speak with a supervisor sometime in May that assured me the issue/problem would be handled. I requested a partial refund and Ackerman Security did issue me $500. In my opinion for the inconvenience, stress & anxiety this company has caused me I deserve a FULL REFUND! On the other hand; although I was able to get in touch with a supervisor my life and safety are still at risk and the supervisor continues to completely ignore my phone calls & messages. At this point I’m going to contact the better business bureau & do everything in my power to get this company to do what they promise to do for their customers! Ive still heard nothing about my monitoring system and it’s being fixed,updated to the latest software and/or when another technician will come out to finally fix the problem! The importance of monitoring the outside of my house could put a complete scumbag in jail!! If I had what I paid for This scumbag would have been in jail a long time ago with the video footage I could have caught & taken to the police & the court’s system. This is my 3rd peace order against this person. Im able to provide paperwork that proves I have a “fatal attraction” situation on my hands. He is the MAIN reason I sought protection and monitoring for my home. Still the supervisor ignores my phone calls & messages. I will continue to contact ackerman security as much as I need to in order to A.) request more of a refund and B.) get my surveillance camera system up and running properly so I can provide evidence for my circumstances. I don’t feel safe in my own home! Let me just clarify one more time, I purchased 2 of Ackerman’s BEST, high-tech Surveillance camera systems is in the early month of January, 2018 that monitor the The front & side of my home. NOT ONCE HAVE I BENEFITED FROM MY CAMERAS! BETTER YET; NOT ONCE HAS THE SYSTEM EVEN WORKED FOR ME AND HAS CONTINUOUSLY LOCKED ME OUT OF MY OWN SECURITY SYSTEM! This problem stems entirely from Ackerman Security and I have done nothing to the system that may have jeopardized its ability to properly monitor the outside of my home!!! This is taken directly from Ackerman Security’s Facebook page under their “About” Section: “People want REAL security & Monitoring is the MOST IMPORTANT PART of any security system. In addition, the system itself should be designed to protect a particular home or business.” What I have explained concerning my experience with Ackerman Security completely contradicts what they promise & promote to do for their customers. I paid them for my surveillance system, they have an obligation to ensure my camera system is working so that I feel safe. I literally am dealing with a psychopath & it’s the very reason I purchased surveillance. I’ve called Ackerman security roughly 35 times since the initial installment to correct this problem. I feel completely ignored by them, taken advantage of and disagree with their “MISSION STATEMENT!!” They have been merely unprofessional, unapologetic, have been the least bit concerned with my safety & my current situation. Finally, they have portrayed to me that they are just a complete contradiction regarding the manner in which they sell their company’s values. I think...actually I’m sure that I have a law suite on my hands against Ackerman Security!!!

Loretta Cardinale Canton, GA

Scam Alert. I think Ackerman Security Systems (A.S.S.) makes their living from people paying off their contracts early. Read the reviews not only here but other review sites as well. Had two (2) equipment failures in less than a year. It was less expensive to just pay off the contract. Their contract clearly states that they use "reconditioned equipment." I think that means they can take a piece of equipment from one home and stick in another. When it stops working, the client pays and pays and pays. The contract also states that damage due to lightning or 'acts of God' are the client's cost. Seems like they could blame anything on God and get away with it. The maximum payout, as per the contract, is $500. But that's each occurrence. A client could spend a small fortune on A.S.S. reconditioned equipment with no access to an independent tech. Another issue is terminating the contract when it's finished. Read the reviews, folks. I'm surprised they made #9 on this listing. Wish there were minus stars. I'd give them a minus ten (10).

Ellen White Marietta, GA

I had Ackerman Security for 9 years - pretty much a disaster of service and equipment the entire time. Over the last 9 years, they they were unable to remove the previous homeowners name/contact information from my account after at least 5 calls - they managed to bill me directly, with my current contact info, but for any/all other correspondence or calls, they never recognized the ownership change. They linked the account to a mailing address - not a person - horrible. about 4 years into the service, they convinced my trusting husband to upgrade our equipment - after numerous calls from then stating it was so old it would no longer work after an overall 4G update , and we had to. Fine. When at the house, he then got roped into an additional ~$350+ products 'required' for the upgrade, and they then billed us monthly, as "convenience" and set up a 3 year contract. They also increased monthly charge by +$5/mo fee to monitor wirelessly, as part of the upgrade. The company has now been calling relentlessly for 2 years, stating our battery was in need of replacement - yet we had just paid for a new battery as part of the $350+. I explained this, and yet they had no record of the battery replacement as part of the upgrade. I sent then a pic and they also had no record of the contract. They still called me the previous homeowners name. They are unable to take me off the call list. I blocked their autodialer # and to date, have over 200 missed call attempts. Then, although they state they are unable to locate the contract with details of products and services purchased, when we called to cancel monitoring, they cited over $180 "owed". Customer service is a mess - numerous calls were made, they cant find agreements, they don't have record of what has been purchased or installed, not contract details they refer to. My husband and I have literally spent hours and hours on the phone with them to get the BASICS correct, and they are literally, unable to. It took over a month and 3 calls to get them to process the cancellation. I switched to simplisafe an could not be happier.

Chuck S Peachtree City, GA

A customer for over 10 years, Ackerman failed to keep up with the times, overcharging for service and equipment. When time came for 3G sunset, they wanted more money than a whole new system from another vendor, and when I asked to cancel on 3 different occasions over 6 weeks, they continued to keep my account active and continued billing me. They also never delivered signage when asked. Go get a Ring system instead. You'll thank me.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you for your feedback.

Oct. 8th, 2021

Latrice Bennett Seminole, FL

Ackerman security has very poor quality of equipment the cameras are always off line and when calling to report the problem the representative lies and tell you some one will call back they are station in Georgia and they have no tech in fla so they hire people who do not no nothing about they equipment they don’t even service residential equipment don’t even let them put that security system in your home or you will be just like myself with a headache and no system protecting your property or home go some where else they collect your money monthly but will not fix they equipment

Sonia Douty Warrenton, VA

We have used Ackerman for years and we decided to cancel. I have asked numerous times to cancel and they promise to send me something to sign and we never receive anything. They continue to send harassing and threatening messages saying we are past due etc. One of these harassing messages said we owed over $166 and when I called they said it was only $59 which I immediately paid a few weeks ago. Tonight I received another threatening message saying we owe $69. Beware - once you sign up it’s impossible to cancel the service! I am at wits end - I don’t know what to!

Clarisse Irons Rome, GA

I have Ackerman now and I'm ready to cancel them. Twice now we've set the alarm to stay mode and it's been tripped my a sensor. Was told the sensor wouldn't be trip the alarm in stay mode when we got this system. When I called to ask if it was set to stay or away no one could tell me and the two reps I talked to were rude and uncaring. Not impressed at all

Reply from Ackerman Security

Oh no! My apologies for the confusion. I can't imagine what may have transpired to cause such a mix up, but I apologize. Please don't hesitate to call us at 800-552-1111 and press 1 for existing customers. Here, you can request a member of the leadership team to rectify the situation. If you’re satisfied with your resolution, the original email will allow you to update your rating if you’re moved to do so! Warm Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Gloria H Ellenwood, GA

Very poor customer service. They will run you down to make a sale. Once the sale is made they drop you like a hot potato. No follow up on the service side of the house. They sent an incompetent representative to my house who started to complain from the time he drove in the driveway because I have a large house. He did nothing and I have being billed for services I do not have. I co tacted my sales representative and she promise to handle the problem but she has not gotten back with me. I am not at all happy with this company.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Can you please provide me your contact information to so I can get you some help. Thanks

Aug. 16th, 2019

Sarah Tallahassee, FL

I have multiple accounts. I sold the house I lived in as my job moved me out of state. Even though Ackerman does not cover Tallahassee they won’t break my contract. My move was not planned. I would recommend paying more for a different company. It’s hard to get through by phone or their online chat. Every time I call it’s a different story. Sometimes they just lie to get me off the phone.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Let us help! Email me at so we can look into your account!

Jul. 16th, 2019

kiara anderson Atlanta, GA

Ever since installation 2 years ago the alarms won’t stop beeping throughout the day and when I called customer service for someone to come out and look at it, they told me I had to pay 2 prices. First price is just for someone to come out and look at it and the second price is to fix it. Why should I pay for that when the installer didn’t install it properly. And I’m under a 3 year contract I had no idea I signed up for so I have to keep the annoying devices until I can cancel. I’m beyond disappointed.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Allow us to help at 800-552-1111! Please let a member of management assist you. I'm sure we can turn things around.

Apr. 5th, 2019

W. Morton Rex, GA

PLEASE do not waste your money with "Wackerman". There are better home security companies out there. My Skybell has not worked since May 18 (but I'm still paying for it) and the camera has a pinkish hue (this issue was completely ignored). I have called on several occasions to have this repaired but the service reps are incompetent. When they could not repair it, I was told to sit on the phone with Skybell tech support to fix it. My question is: What am I paying for if I have to troubleshoot and solve the issue with their faulty equipment. I HATE THAT I SIGNED THAT CONTRACT!!!

Reply from Ackerman Security

Please allow us to resolve this matter! Email with your contact information so we can assist you.

Dec. 12th, 2018

Urzalla Razmowar Warrenton, VA

They told me here is my information and you can cancel it at any time but he lie to me. I have been with them now for two years. I told the guy and said I want to cancel it in March but now they charge me still. Emails and phone calls don’t work with them to cancel this. This is crazy because now I have to call my bank and report this as an authorized charges of $42. The products sucks and the warranty is only for a year. If they come and fix their own issues they would make you pay for them coming. Basically I have been scammed by them!

Andy Knowles Atlanta, GA

I have had the unfortunate experience of being an Ackerman customer for two and a half years. The key pad constantly shows a fault, the door camera hasn't worked since the first week, no one showed up on an appointment, etc. Recently the alarm went off at 2 am then again at 3 am. Tech said to activate alarm for one minute. No thanks, not at 3 am. I deactivated it. Can't wait to return to a good company.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Hello, I’m new to this platform and would like to research these claims to prevent the same issues from happening to others and to resolve your concerns if you haven’t already received resolution. Please send me your contact information so I can assist. We aim to give every customer 5-star service and want to correct any errors within our control. Sincerely, Ackerman Security

Tee

I'm in a 3 year contract with faulty equipment. There is a sensor that keeps going off as my garage door opens. The company tells me I either have to pay $80 or keep the faulty sensor. I cannot replace it myself or take it down since it will mess up the system and I may not be able to use it at all. Also they do not disclose that it will be $80 unless you ask if there will be a fee

Joe R Media, PA

this is the really a bad company to deal with. Be ware before you sign anything with them. They came to my house to install a wireless system. They claimed that the signal is too weak and would need to up-charge more than what I had agreed to. I declined the offer. I confirmed before they left that the downpayment will be refunded in full. they said "of course". Six weeks later they have not refunded the money and just the other day put in another charge. They will not answer my calls or emails. Be ware be ware! Not a reputable company to do business with.

Brian Hobbs Leesburg, VA

The install tech used my bathroom, left a bunch of garbage after the install, and I get daily error alarms that I am too busy to deal with.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. I'll have an expert reach out to you to assist. We value your business and can correct any errors there may be. Warm Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Jennifer Gillooly Elkridge, MD

Absolutely archaic cancellation policy! They email you a form but you have to physically mail it back to them. And THEN it takes 60 days. Basically just a predatory method of squeezing and extra $50 out of you since they can turn it off and on with the flip of a switch. Would NEVER use them again.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We understand that you may not agree with our policy. For us to protect you and the company we must receive your request in writing to cancel services. We’re always looking to improve and appreciate your feedback. Warmest regards, Ackerman Security

May. 11th, 2020

James Lawrenceville, GA

I’ve had problems from day one from scheduling to misrepresentation

Reply from Ackerman Security

Hello, Your business means a lot to us, so if you ever have additional feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out via email to [email protected] Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Sharrie R Washington, DC

Customer service is awful. They also don't tell you about all the hidden costs. They will charge your credit card without your authorization.

Diana Caplan Atlanta, GA

I wish I could give them NO STARS. Terrible service and terrible customer service.

Reply from Ackerman Security

Please let us help improve your view. Please call us at 800-552-1111 so we can assist you!

Aug. 5th, 2019