Since before man set foot on the moon, Ackerman has been known as the Sign of Real Security - for going above and beyond any other security provider in America to help homes and businesses achieve the highest level of safety possible. Ackerman Security claims to only charge those they protect the fairest price possible: HALF the cost of the old-school providers, for the same exact security systems, and a much higher level of security monitoring.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Affordability
  • Custom-Built Security
  • Customers Own Equipment
  • Five-Year Warranty on Control Panel
  • $500 Homeowners Insurance Reimbursement

Affordability

With Ackerman Security, customers get the reliability of a Central Monitoring Station that is both UL-listed and CSAA Five Diamond Certified. One of the best aspects of Ackerman is the ability to customize security equipment and packages. Ackerman offers customers the ability to pay for just monitoring (for those with existing security equipment) or to build a security/home automation system from scratch.

Custom-Built Security

The company doesn't have pre-packaged offerings but sends out a consultant to help homeowners customize their own system.

Customers Own Equipment

Customers buy the equipment outright and own it forever-which is rare for professionally installed solutions.

Five-Year Warranty on Control Panel

Ackerman provides a five-year warranty on control panels.

$500 Homeowners Insurance Reimbursement

Ackerman offers a $500 homeowners insurance deductible reimbursement in the event of a burglary.

The Bad

• Limited Service Area
  • Limited Cellular Monitoring
  • Undefined Equipment Costs
  • One-Year Warranty on Security Components

Limited Service Area

Unlike nationwide providers, Ackerman Security is only available to homeowners in Georgia, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Maryland, Virginia, and the Metro DC area.

Limited Cellular Monitoring

In addition, cellular monitoring options are only available to those in Atlanta, D.C., and Philadelphia areas. This requires the majority its of customers to rely either on landline monitoring (vulnerable to cord-cutting burglars) or Internet monitoring (vulnerable to network lags and downtime).

Undefined Equipment Costs

Ackerman also doesn't specify equipment costs on its website, but since customers own the equipment, it's safe to assume that customers are responsible for the full cost of equipment.

One-Year Warranty on Security Components

And while the control panel is covered by a five-year warranty, other security components are only covered for one year.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

First and foremost, it's important to make sure you live in Ackerman's limited service area if you're considering using their services. And while landline monitoring is less expensive, it simply is not as safe as cellular monitoring. So unless you live in Atlanta, D.C. or Philadelphia, there are probably more reliable monitoring options. And as always, be sure to read the terms of the contract carefully before signing.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.5

Ed in Clarkston
December 12th, 2019 Clarkston, GA DETAILS

It has been my fortune to have Ackerman Security for about 12 years. I'm a Senior citizen living alone with no close family. Every time I pass the main Control Panel, I look upon it as a live-in Personal Assistant. My equipment has never failed or malfunctioned. It is the original equipment from 12 years ago. I have set off the alarm due to my own error on several occasions and IMMEDIATELY at all times a friendly call came inquiring if everything were okay. On 2 occasions, I set off the alarm due to a lot of smoke from cooking. The smoke alarm reacted immediately. Two years ago I had a kitchen fire due to equipment malfunctioning. In trying to put it out to save my home, I inadvertently burned slightly a hand and arm. As usual, there was the immediate call. The Ackerman representative was so courteous and personal inquiring about my safety and injury. Because I was going into shock she gave me steps to take and said the DeKalb Fire Dept. and Ambulance Services were already on the way. Immediately I could hear the sirens as I live only 2 blocks away. This personal response, care and concern of Ackerman kept me from slipping into shock. When I set the alarm upon retiring nightly, I touch the Control Panel giving thanks my friends at Ackerman are there at the moment for me.

Dec 12, 2019

Thank You Ed! We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Cathy Norwood
December 12th, 2019 Rex, GA DETAILS

My contact stay with what he told me set up everything and everything is just fine what great service thank you!

Dec 12, 2019

Cathy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future. Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Dee
October 28th, 2019 Stockbridge, GA DETAILS

Unprofessional and ill prepared Whenever I call in and wait 20+ mins , no one can ever answer my questions. No representative knows a thing I called to see when my I'll was due and no one knew I attempted to create an on line account but the site was down and they couldn't even provide me with my account number The last rep I spoke with sounded like he was outside at a picnic I called back and got someone else and they said they couldn't even bring my account up I then received a call from "management" and ty couldn't tell me when my bill was due or what service I had. Every time I fall in I get more frustrated because I haven't talked to anyone who helped me. I was promised an email with all the information I requested but never got it The equipment fell off the the wall, causing the alarm to sound and the police to come out. I was at work and thought I was being robbed. I left work in a panic to get home for nothing Now I have a letter from the police department saying I may have to pay a fine for a false alarm When I informed customer service of what happened, she said "I mean, I can give you a $10 credit". Where is the piece of mind? All of my cameras are delayed My doorbell never rings And the alarm sounds randomly in the middle of the night. I don't even feel safe. I call weekly for answers But whenever I wait forever, I'm connected with a person who doesn't know anything. And when a tech was sent out He said "I can't fix something that's not broken" I was referred by my mother and she never saw any compensation I'm just over the company as a whole and I really want to cancel my service Besides It doesn't work correctly anyway

Oct 28, 2019

We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standard for ourselves and we are truly sorry to hear that the standard was not met in your interaction with our business. Your happiness is our number one priority. Please send me your contact information to [email protected] so that I may be able to address these concerns. Warm Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Danny
September 24th, 2019 Gainesville, GA DETAILS

The service has been great. Since I started I haven't had very many issues and the few that I have come across over the years have been handled very quickly and professionally. The employees seem very knowledgable about their services. Of course I've thought of switching however after speaking with the loyalty department I don't know why I would when they can do so much for me being a long time customer. Highly recommend.

Sep 24, 2019

Thank you! We are so pleased to have you as a loyal customer! So much wonderful feedback goes unsaid on social media these days.

Clarisse Irons
September 19th, 2019 Rome, GA DETAILS

I have Ackerman now and I'm ready to cancel them. Twice now we've set the alarm to stay mode and it's been tripped my a sensor. Was told the sensor wouldn't be trip the alarm in stay mode when we got this system. When I called to ask if it was set to stay or away no one could tell me and the two reps I talked to were rude and uncaring. Not impressed at all

Sep 24, 2019

Oh no! My apologies for the confusion. I can't imagine what may have transpired to cause such a mix up, but I apologize. Please don't hesitate to call us at 800-552-1111 and press 1 for existing customers. Here, you can request a member of the leadership team to rectify the situation. If you’re satisfied with your resolution, the original email will allow you to update your rating if you’re moved to do so! Warm Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Concerned Netizen
September 9th, 2019 Stone Mountain, GA DETAILS

I'd put zero stars if I could due to their predatory cancellation policy. I moved out of my house over 2 years ago, and notified them via phone at that time. To spite repeated requests to cancel the notifications and the account over the phone, they kept sending me phone calls and texts about "alarm outages". And I just found out that they've been charging me for monitoring this whole time! I asked if they could provide at least partial credit since this is obviously an error, but they said they could not. BE ADVISED: Apparently, in order to cancel the account, you have to ask to be transferred to their "Customer Loyalty Department" and request that they email you a form. The form has to be filled out and physically mailed in in order for the account to be cancelled.

Sep 24, 2019

I requested that our Customer Loyalty Manager research your account and review your agreement, so we can do all that we can. Our policy requires that we have written request from the account owner of record in order to terminate alarm services so that we can be sure that if anything happens, we have something in writing with your signature stating you wanted the account discontinued. Until that document has been received, we cannot legally cancel service. Though we aim to make every customer feel valued, we are unable to satisfy this request. As soon a letter is received, we are vigilant in discontinuing service and ending charges. I apologize for this confusion.

Vonn Gent
September 5th, 2019 Stockbridge, GA DETAILS

I had Ackerman for over 7 years and I sold my house. Although I was living in an apartment they still made me pay for an additional six months. They claim no contracts but they auto renew you every two years without notifying you. Then you have to mail in this paper stating you want to cancel. Without that paper they will not cancel you. I no longer live in a house so I do not have time to go to the post office to mail you a letter stating that I cancel. I still cant remember if I mailed that paper. So I will have to call their no customer service again. I just bought a new house. Guess who I will not be using.

Sep 24, 2019

Thank you for your feed back.

Andrea
August 27th, 2019 Dacula, GA DETAILS

We had a problem with our security system. Andrew reached out to us and immediately worked to rectify the situation. Andrew was courteous, knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. He understood the issue and worked to ensure that my husband and I, as consumers, were knowledgeable about the problem as well. He fixed the issue in a timely manner.

Sep 24, 2019

Thank you! We are so pleased to have you as a loyal customer! Warmest Regards, Your Ackerman Security

Ms. Wright
August 26th, 2019 Stockbridge, GA DETAILS

They are very friendly and aim to please the xustomer.

Mary
August 16th, 2019 Dallas, GA DETAILS

They are on time ,super nice and caring.They make sure all issues are taken care of.

Aug 16, 2019

We are super excited that you raving fan of Ackerman!

Gloria H
August 16th, 2019 Ellenwood, GA DETAILS

Very poor customer service. They will run you down to make a sale. Once the sale is made they drop you like a hot potato. No follow up on the service side of the house. They sent an incompetent representative to my house who started to complain from the time he drove in the driveway because I have a large house. He did nothing and I have being billed for services I do not have. I co tacted my sales representative and she promise to handle the problem but she has not gotten back with me. I am not at all happy with this company.

Aug 16, 2019

Can you please provide me your contact information to [email protected] so I can get you some help. Thanks

Philip Chatham
August 11th, 2019 McDonough, GA DETAILS

Jason is a great guy and will take care of you ! He knew just what to do on my security cams ! Polite and courteous!

Aug 12, 2019

Thank you! We appreciate the great review!

Teresa H.
August 7th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

This time, a good experience. Service guy took time to explain the system and which zones were which. This technician discovered where the previous service tech left our home unprotected. This current Tech cleared the problem.

Aug 12, 2019

Thank you! We appreciate you!

Diana Caplan
August 5th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

I wish I could give them NO STARS. Terrible service and terrible customer service.

Aug 05, 2019

Please let us help improve your view. Please call us at 800-552-1111 so we can assist you!

Jerry
August 2nd, 2019 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

The tech was great He was very knowledgeable in changing our system over to wireless

GeorgiaPeach
August 1st, 2019 McDonough, GA DETAILS

Very accommodating with scheduling. Professional and friendly employees with great customer service.

Ms Chelle
July 24th, 2019 Union City, GA DETAILS

They were in and out with 20 minutes and very nice people

Jul 24, 2019

Thank you for the positive review!

Sarah
July 15th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS

I have multiple accounts. I sold the house I lived in as my job moved me out of state. Even though Ackerman does not cover Tallahassee they won’t break my contract. My move was not planned. I would recommend paying more for a different company. It’s hard to get through by phone or their online chat. Every time I call it’s a different story. Sometimes they just lie to get me off the phone.

Jul 16, 2019

Let us help! Email me at [email protected] so we can look into your account!

Nicole D
June 10th, 2019 Ellenwood, GA DETAILS

I've been a customer with Ackerman for over 10 years and I am so disappointed with the service and customer service satisfaction efforts over the past 2-3 years. Faulty equipment, lack of following up and feeling not valued to the point I was going to cancel and a gentleman in the loyalty dept James W provided such good service ...of the caliber that I remembered. Our conversation convinced me to stay and I purchased an upgrade and cameras...big mistake ...now I am having issues with this NEW equipment that hasn't worked since it was installed. The technician was a no call no show yesterday; after multiple calls and a wasted Saturday waiting for a technician that never showed up...I still have not received the promised call back for resolution. Feeling like this company really does not care and just want to lock you in a committment that they cannot uphold.

Jun 11, 2019

I hate that you feel this way. I'll get an expert on this asap! Please email your contact information to [email protected] so we can help!

francis
June 5th, 2019 Locust Grove, GA DETAILS

The problem I have with them is the price keep going up. I called 3 times already to change my plan back to $18/month . I was told over the phone that they will email me a new contract and mail me a hard copy of the contract but until now it did not received anything. How many time do i have to call?

Jun 06, 2019

Please email your contact info to [email protected] and I'll get you the help you need.

HILISHA WILKINS
April 22nd, 2019 Decatur, GA DETAILS

I haven't had any problems with Ackerman & feel secure when at home

Kadiatu S Dauda
April 22nd, 2019 Ashton, MD

No clear explanation how to operate the system. Loud continuous chiming

Apr 22, 2019

You can turn the chime off. Please call us at 800-552-1111 and we can direct you. We're open 24 hours a day.

Vince
April 19th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Ackerman responds promptly when an alert is received. They also expedite service if a technician needs to check system. Compared to my previous company I'm very satisfied with Ackerman.

RW
April 19th, 2019 Mableton, GA

Courteous, friendly, professional, and extremely fast service.

Apr 22, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Ronald J Watters
April 19th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Very Satisfied with response from all Customer Service personnel. Very happy with equipment installed in my property.

Apr 22, 2019

Thank you for the great review!

Sam
April 15th, 2019 Buford, GA DETAILS

Great service, good price and amazing support

Apr 16, 2019

Stephanie L
April 11th, 2019 Austell, GA DETAILS

Packer man is a great company and the installer that came out was very knowledgeable and he showed me every detail.

Apr 12, 2019

Ashley Harris
April 9th, 2019 Snellville, GA DETAILS

Sham was a great tech he knows his stuff!

Apr 10, 2019

Thank you! Sham is great!

Urban Svensson
April 8th, 2019 Newnan, GA DETAILS

Gregg, the service tech that came to our house did an excellent job. He has been here before, he is always professional, resolves the problem and represents the company very well. He should be considered as a very valuable employee.

Tamika Johnson
April 5th, 2019 Capitol Heights, MD DETAILS

Customer Service is great! Price is great also!

Gary Fiore
April 5th, 2019 Winston, GA DETAILS

Excellent job by Phyllis in designing our system. Jason and Todd did a super job with the install.

Michelle
April 5th, 2019 McDonough, GA DETAILS

I learned so many features on my alarm system that I didnt even know about! The technician was awesome, very informative. Demetrice H was exceptional. I would and will highly reccomend Ackerman.

Gia Jones
April 4th, 2019 Peachtree City, GA

Customer service is awesome. The salesperson was very knowledgeable. The rep I spoke to on the was very professional.

Mitch
April 4th, 2019 Decatur, GA DETAILS

Great install & very professional would recommend this company to everyone needing security system.

Thank you very much!

Julie
April 2nd, 2019 Marietta, GA DETAILS

We had a service technician come out on Saturday to replace a motion sensor and window sensors. We were charged a service fee for service that was not excellent. The technician didn’t have the tape needed and didn’t replace the sensor because he said it was a power supply problem. Less than an hour after he left the sensor went out again. This particular sensor hasn’t worked since we had the system installed over 6 months ago. When I called to request service the first time they sent me a sales representative. He clearly didn’t know why he was sent out. No one ever called me to reschedule for a technician. I once again called and waited another week and a half for a technician to come out. Honestly, I expected a little better.

Apr 04, 2019

I apologize about the concerns you've mentioned. I can't imagine what may have caused the mix ups. If your system still shows errors please call us at 800-552-1111 and request Josh H. in service. We can assure that your next experience is a better one.

Andy Johansen
March 29th, 2019 Woodstock, GA DETAILS

Great service and we always recommend if someone asks

Isidro Angeles
March 29th, 2019 Jonesboro, GA DETAILS

Ackerman has been good to my family. The price has been consistent and no surprises or hidden fees. We feel safe with Ackerman.

Apr 04, 2019

Thank you! We appreciate you!

kiara anderson
March 28th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Ever since installation 2 years ago the alarms won’t stop beeping throughout the day and when I called customer service for someone to come out and look at it, they told me I had to pay 2 prices. First price is just for someone to come out and look at it and the second price is to fix it. Why should I pay for that when the installer didn’t install it properly. And I’m under a 3 year contract I had no idea I signed up for so I have to keep the annoying devices until I can cancel. I’m beyond disappointed.

Apr 05, 2019

Allow us to help at 800-552-1111! Please let a member of management assist you. I'm sure we can turn things around.

Amanda Poss
March 28th, 2019 Temple, GA DETAILS

There was an offered plan on the radio for $19.99, I was told I didn’t qualify for that plan so I pay close to $50. I was signed up for a 5 year contract but later found out there is a shorter term. I was sold the doorbell with a camera attached even though my actual doorbell at the time wasn’t working, was told by salesman that the installer would have no problem fixing it. Then when the installer came and hooked up the new doorbell he says it will work after I hire an electrician to install a new doorbell transformer. Let’s not even discuss they were advertising $100 gift card for new customers that I never received. All together my system works like it should. But the process of getting the system and all the lies you endure getting there makes it not worth it.

Apr 04, 2019

I'm sorry things weren't explained correctly to you. $19.95 is for all landline customers. If you need new equipment, different monitoring and features, the price goes up. Any doorbell camera or alarm equipment that is working, we can activate and monitor with no problem. If there are electrical issues and are more extensive than the equipment, we must suggest an expert electrician. Please let us know if you have any service concerns having to do with equipment we installed or converted at 800-552-1111.

Gloria Montgomery
March 27th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

I feel comfortable when they always call after a mistake with the alarm

Meshall Petteway
March 26th, 2019 Riverdale, GA DETAILS

Excellent company with no hassle The sales representative was very professional and very knowledgeable

Sabrina
January 22nd, 2019 Winder, GA DETAILS

I have had a great experience with Ackerman. I was surprised how easy it was from the call setting the appointment with a consultant to install. Everyone has provided friendly and prompt customer service. Love the no theft guarantee that they have backing up their services/equipment. Would recommend to anyone wanting to protect their family.

Mar 28, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review!

TC
December 30th, 2018 Decatur, GA DETAILS

Terrible service. BEWARE of this company and their fine prints. They are a bunch of #$% scam artists. They will automatically "ENROLL" you into an agreement without any email communication to let you know. After I call to cancel, I only got informed that I have to pay the remaining 8 months total ~$300 before they can cancel my service. So basically I'm paying for security service that I will not receive for the next 8 months! PLEASE THINK TWICE before you sign up with these SCAMMERS! There are many DIY service out there without Contracts and these kind of SCAM tactics that these people are using .

Ava Quail
December 13th, 2018 Canton, GA DETAILS

I will join the ranks of bad reviewers for Ackerman Security Systems! I have had this service for a number of years and WHEN I WENT TO CANCEL I got the run around. Like others who have left reviews all over the internet, I had to CANCEL my credit card and get a new one in order to stop the charges. GO WITH ANY OTHER COMPANY! I spoke to VALERIE today (12/11/18) who was rude from the start. She told me I could not cancel over the phone. I told her I DID cancel over the phone on 10/10/18. She said she had to mail me a form to fill out and send back in order to cancel. In this day and age - REALLY? I told her I cancelled on 10/10/18 but if she wanted to send the form I'd get it back to her. I asked her to refund my money and stop future charges. She said that even when I send back the form, I'm tied to a "recurring" contract until May 2019! I was never notified any "recurring" contract was about to renew - I was not sent a copy of this contract - and I did not sign this contract. THEN I called my bank to stop the charges. The guy at my bank said these people are sneaky in the way they bill you. The way they charge your card is not "recurring" so that it will be stopped with a simple stop payment. They run each charge individually so even if a stop payment is in place, they can still get the charge through after you cancel your card and get a new one! My bank said to watch my account because businesses that are sneaky like this will put the charge through with their name changed slightly so even if they do a stop payment (just in case) - they can still get it through. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE! THEY HAVE UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES when you try to cancel your account!

Bob
December 7th, 2018 Middle River, MD DETAILS

I regret that I purchased this system, due to the heavy advertising on a local radio station. This company is actually worse than ADT for the following reasons: 1. Whenever I called them for help, they gave me fuzzy technical explanations for my issues, on two occasions. 2. When the tech arrived at my house on a Friday afternoon, he appeared to be in a big hurry to fix the problem, like I was bothering him at the end of the day. I mean to say that this dude was in a hurry! 3. Just like ADT, I had to arrange for a service call on MY time, until I really argued with Ackerman. They did cooperate a bit, but.,,,, See comment 2 4. Accounting Dept began charging my checking account TWICE a month (grrrrr). It took FOUR phone calls to finally get the problem fixed, AND I did most of the research myself: contacting my credit union and providing bank statements that I printed from my home computer. 5. About a month ago, Ackerman sent me a survey regarding their service. After I submitted a negative review, they contacted me, stating how embarrassed they were and would have a rep contact me, who of course never did. 6. For all of the above reasons I am awarding this stinker Outfit a half a star—or a grade of E minus! Get the point here? Oh yeah, I’m still peeved that I had to spend like an entire day trying to get my checking account in order. Even ADT didn’t screw me that bad!

Dec 12, 2018

Allow us to assist you! Please email [email protected] with your contact information so we can research and resolve these concerns.

W. Morton
October 17th, 2018 Rex, GA DETAILS

PLEASE do not waste your money with "Wackerman". There are better home security companies out there. My Skybell has not worked since May 18 (but I'm still paying for it) and the camera has a pinkish hue (this issue was completely ignored). I have called on several occasions to have this repaired but the service reps are incompetent. When they could not repair it, I was told to sit on the phone with Skybell tech support to fix it. My question is: What am I paying for if I have to troubleshoot and solve the issue with their faulty equipment. I HATE THAT I SIGNED THAT CONTRACT!!!

Dec 12, 2018

Please allow us to resolve this matter! Email [email protected] with your contact information so we can assist you.

Xiaojun Chen
August 14th, 2018 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

I do not even want to give this one star to the company. We had Ackerman service for the past two and half years. For the past 3 months, the remote cellular monitoring system trigger our alarm go crazy due to weak signal problem. We had called and arrange the onsite service, which they send out a contractor instead and did nothing. So we had to turn off the entire system in order to sleep. I try to cancel the service and move to other company. Then their customer royalty representative persuade me to have a security representative come to take a look and sell a total connect service to us. He then arrange the technician come to our home on Monday afternoon (8/13). My husband waited at home till 4:00pm and no one showed up. He called the company and was told that I called to cancel the appointment. The next morning I called the company and was told the technician had called my husband and cancel the appointment. We are in total shock and ask for the phone record which the customer service people told us they can not access the technician's phone record. So we are wondering whether anyone can trust a home monitoring service company that have trouble to track the work status of their technician during the work hours? Definitely need cancel their service now.

Lindsay Davis
July 5th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

If I could give Ackerman Security a review rating of -10 stars I would!! I would not recommend this Company to my worst enemy! That is how aggravated I am with how they have treated me and their inability to stand by their Mission Statement (quoted): “To secure your home with quality products!” I purchased surveillance cameras in January 2018 in order to be able to use evidence of my situation in the court’s system and with the police. I have a stalker, whom harasses me daily. He has physically harmed me, makes me feel defenseless and mentally, psychologically & emotionally disturbs me! He makes me feel unsafe. I’ve filed 3 peace orders against him, yet he still comes around when I’m not home.He sets off my car’s alarm in the wee hours of the night! He bangs loudly on my front door In the middle of the night. This has caused problems with the other tenants I live in close quarters to!!! The noise level of his banging travels and is heard from those tenants whom live above me and next to me. This convict & his obnoxious behavior has caused drama in all areas of my life. So,as a woman living alone & trying to find the best solution to stop this guy from harassing me; I decided to pay for a surveillance camera system with Ackerman Security. Technically, I could not even afford it but I needed something to put an end to my being harassed and allow me to feel safe.I have been completely UNABLE to use my security system since I purchased it in January, 2018. When the cameras where initially installed the technicians explained NOTHING to me on how to use the products I had purchased which consisted of: Wireless Monitoring, Surveillance, local 24 hour certified, monitoring and remote video & storage, video banging system. With so much technology to learn I should have been taught on the proper use of what I had bought. I received no direction on its use. From that day forward we approach the second issue. I was locked out of my own security system’s account immediately after installation & the technicians had left! I could not get in with the password I created & could not view my camera surveillance system. I called customer service & they sent out a technician that was rude, inattentive and explained NOTHING TOO ME other than, “ok it’s fixed, it should work now!” That was not the case. He claimed to have fixed the problem. The outcome, I was still shut out of my own security system using the new password I created. I still Could not view my cameras. Again I called, & requested another technician come out and solve the problem. I distinctly made it clear that I preferred a different technician than the previous one due to his rudeness. Another technician came out, after about 2 cancelled appointments on his end & one no-show. The outcome, he corrected nothing & basically said there was nothing he could do for me.Than a 3rd technician came out & than a fourth. Than the 5th time a technician came out with a manager! Apparently I had the incorrect software & the wrong app downloaded on my phone. With all the visits from technicians NONE OF THEM COULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM. As a customer of Ackerman Security shouldn’t I have maybe been informed that the app for my iPhone had changed for the monitoring of my home from anywhere, anytime, anyplace with use of the iPhone app. Nor was I Informed on the change in software to the monitor that gives access to viewing the outside of your home from you laptop on their website. So the final time a tech came out with a manager it resulted with them figuring out the problem! They needed to take my box/monitor that controls my camera system on the outside of my house!! So this occurs sometime in April, 2018. The manager assured me the monitoring box/system would be updated & returned to me immediately ensuring upon its return I would FINALLY have a working surveillance camera system!! It is now June 22, 2018 and my system’s box has yet to be returned.Sometime in May I had a scheduled appointment with a technician to come out to my home and hook my monitor box back up because it had been fixed. He was to arrive between 1pm-4pm. I cleared my schedule for this day!! The technician never showed up nor did he return any of my phone calls or texts. This was not the first time I re-arranged my schedule to have a technician come out using a 4 hour window time frame. Once again, they were a no show for the appointment. No phone call no nothing did I receive any of the times they just didn’t show up for an appt. Also, Ackerman Security does not even confirm appointments with their customers. How can a company not confirm that a specific day and time will work for their customer? They just choose a time & date & send you an email! So just to clarify I spent $1500 on a surveillance camera system with Ackerman Security with the main reasoning being to protect myself and my home from my stalker!!! By now I could have had SO Many videos of my harasser that would have had him immediately put in jail. But I do not have any evidence owed to not being able to access my camera system since my initial purchase of it in January, 2018. I have not been able to make use oF &/or even access my camera system one time since the original purchase date and installation date! Ive had to call 911 one night to request a cop sit out front of my house so that I felt safe enough to fall asleep because my stalker was obnoxious. Eventually, following numerous phone calls made on my behalf to Ackerman, I was finally able to speak with a supervisor sometime in May that assured me the issue/problem would be handled. I requested a partial refund and Ackerman Security did issue me $500. In my opinion for the inconvenience, stress & anxiety this company has caused me I deserve a FULL REFUND! On the other hand; although I was able to get in touch with a supervisor my life and safety are still at risk and the supervisor continues to completely ignore my phone calls & messages. At this point I’m going to contact the better business bureau & do everything in my power to get this company to do what they promise to do for their customers! Ive still heard nothing about my monitoring system and it’s being fixed,updated to the latest software and/or when another technician will come out to finally fix the problem! The importance of monitoring the outside of my house could put a complete scumbag in jail!! If I had what I paid for This scumbag would have been in jail a long time ago with the video footage I could have caught & taken to the police & the court’s system. This is my 3rd peace order against this person. Im able to provide paperwork that proves I have a “fatal attraction” situation on my hands. He is the MAIN reason I sought protection and monitoring for my home. Still the supervisor ignores my phone calls & messages. I will continue to contact ackerman security as much as I need to in order to A.) request more of a refund and B.) get my surveillance camera system up and running properly so I can provide evidence for my circumstances. I don’t feel safe in my own home! Let me just clarify one more time, I purchased 2 of Ackerman’s BEST, high-tech Surveillance camera systems is in the early month of January, 2018 that monitor the The front & side of my home. NOT ONCE HAVE I BENEFITED FROM MY CAMERAS! BETTER YET; NOT ONCE HAS THE SYSTEM EVEN WORKED FOR ME AND HAS CONTINUOUSLY LOCKED ME OUT OF MY OWN SECURITY SYSTEM! This problem stems entirely from Ackerman Security and I have done nothing to the system that may have jeopardized its ability to properly monitor the outside of my home!!! This is taken directly from Ackerman Security’s Facebook page under their “About” Section: “People want REAL security & Monitoring is the MOST IMPORTANT PART of any security system. In addition, the system itself should be designed to protect a particular home or business.” What I have explained concerning my experience with Ackerman Security completely contradicts what they promise & promote to do for their customers. I paid them for my surveillance system, they have an obligation to ensure my camera system is working so that I feel safe. I literally am dealing with a psychopath & it’s the very reason I purchased surveillance. I’ve called Ackerman security roughly 35 times since the initial installment to correct this problem. I feel completely ignored by them, taken advantage of and disagree with their “MISSION STATEMENT!!” They have been merely unprofessional, unapologetic, have been the least bit concerned with my safety & my current situation. Finally, they have portrayed to me that they are just a complete contradiction regarding the manner in which they sell their company’s values. I think...actually I’m sure that I have a law suite on my hands against Ackerman Security!!!

Loretta Cardinale
June 11th, 2018 Canton, GA DETAILS

Scam Alert. I think Ackerman Security Systems (A.S.S.) makes their living from people paying off their contracts early. Read the reviews not only here but other review sites as well. Had two (2) equipment failures in less than a year. It was less expensive to just pay off the contract. Their contract clearly states that they use "reconditioned equipment." I think that means they can take a piece of equipment from one home and stick in another. When it stops working, the client pays and pays and pays. The contract also states that damage due to lightning or 'acts of God' are the client's cost. Seems like they could blame anything on God and get away with it. The maximum payout, as per the contract, is $500. But that's each occurrence. A client could spend a small fortune on A.S.S. reconditioned equipment with no access to an independent tech. Another issue is terminating the contract when it's finished. Read the reviews, folks. I'm surprised they made #9 on this listing. Wish there were minus stars. I'd give them a minus ten (10).

Kou Xiong
June 4th, 2018 Auburn, GA DETAILS

Ackerman's response time when the alarm is sounded is incredibly fast. Quick responses can be critical and I love that they respond quick every time!!! Thanks Ackerman!!!

Jan 16, 2019

Thank you so much! We appreciate you!