Farmers Logo

Farmers

8.3

Farmers Insurance offers a range of coverage levels for homeowners. Its policies also have features to help your save in addition to the many discounts it offers.

It stands out for its partnership with ADT, a home security company, and its commitment to help clients and their communities recover from disaster.

Read Farmers Home Insurance Reviews

Farmers Insurance is a well-established insurer and offers other products, including life insurance, auto insurance, and renters insurance.

The Good

• High Financial Strength Ratings
  • 3 Customizable Packages
  • Nice Policy Perks
  • Many Opportunities to Save
  • ADT Home Security Partnership
  • Community and Disaster Support

High Financial Strength Ratings

Farmers Insurance has earned high financial strength ratings from A.M. Best. These ratings indicate how likely an insurance company is to be able to meet claims obligations.

High ratings indicate a high likelihood of being able to make claims payments.

Before you purchase insurance coverage, you need to make sure that the insurance provider has earned high ratings. Farmers Insurance's high ratings make its coverage options worth considering.

3 Customizable Packages

Farmers Smart Plan Home® policies come in three types: Standard, Enhanced, and Premier. General information about each coverage option is limited.

Standard coverage focuses on covering the essentials at an affordable price. The Enhanced package offers higher policy limits. The Premier package offers the highest limits.

While you may be able to find similar coverage levels at other companies, Farmers's organization of its policies makes it easier to understand what kind of coverage you're starting with before you customize your insurance policy.

Nice Policy Perks

Farmers's home insurance policies include some nice perks. The two that stand out the most are claim forgiveness and cosmetic damage coverage. If you haven't made a claim for five consecutive years, your premium won't increase the first time you make a claim.

If you file a claim for functional damage that also caused cosmetic damage, Farmers will cover costs to repair the cosmetic damage as well.

Farmers also offers Declining Deductibles®, $50 off of your deductible each year you keep your policy, and a Claims Free Discount® if you haven't filed a claim for three consecutive years.

These home insurance product features help you save money and protect your house.

Many Opportunities to Save

Farmers offers many discounts on its home insurance policies. You can receive discounts for having a smoke-free home, certain home security systems or features, buying multiple policies from Farmers, and discounts based on your career (teacher, police officer, firefighter, military, doctor, nurse, engineer, etc.).

These discounts can make meeting your insurance needs more affordable.

ADT Home Security Partnership

Farmers and ADT home security have a partnership. If you purchase ADT Command or LifeShield through Farmers, you can benefit from discounted rates while you secure your home.

This partnership and discount opportunity is another way Farmers distinguishes itself from others in the home insurance industry.

Community and Disaster Support

Farmers is committed to helping its clients and their communities recover from disasters. In major disasters, it dispatches a Catastrophe Response Team in a Mobile Claims Center bus to process claims quickly for clients in the area. This level of service makes Farmers a great choice.

Farmers also has partnerships with several nonprofits that help with recovery including Operation BBQ Relief and National First Responders Fund. This dedication to helping communities and clients through recovery is a great benefit of working with Farmers.

The Bad

• Limited Customer Insight
  • Premier Package Not Available in California

Limited Customer Insight

Farmers has a small number of customer reviews on BestCompany.com.

Even though there are a limited number of reviews, most of the reviews are positive.

Although not conclusive, this high proportion of positive reviews is a good sign because it indicates that Farmers offers quality home insurance and takes care of its clients.

Premier Package Not Available in California

The Premier package, which has the highest limits and coverage on personal property, is not available to California residents.

If you're in California and want this level of coverage, you'll need to look for another insurance company.

The Bottom Line

While minimal customer insight is available for Farmers Insurance, the insight available shows that Farmers offers good coverage and service to its clients. You'll also benefit from working with an insurer that partners with organizations assisting communities with disaster recovery.

Customers will appreciate policy features and discounts that help them save on claims and monthly premiums. If you want to secure your home further, you can save on two different ADT home security packages because of Farmers's partnership with ADT. Farmers is a recommended insurance provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Farmers below.

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

This company is so awful I wouldn’t even give them one star. By far this is the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. They are lazy, don’t listen to changes, and make things more difficult then things need to be. We saved over $300 by switching to another insurance company.

Amber Thompson Show Low, AZ

Farmers insurance in Snowflake, AZ is unprofessional, the worst listeners, and a horrible company.

Cynthia DeGrey ,

Farmers provides my auto and home owners insurance. They have always been very responsive and paid claims quickly

Wendy Hunter Riverton, UT

We've been with Farmers Insurance for the past twenty plus years. They have always treated us fairly. We love our agent. He is very responsive. We feel like Farmers is the best for home owners insurance as well as auto insurance.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

We use Farmers insurance for both our home. and auto insurance. As a Home insurance company we find their rates very reasonable. and often lower than other competitors for the same insurance coverage. Our insurance agent is very good about returning our calls and making sure we are satisfied with the company. When we have had claims he. has made sure that is an efficient process so that we can get our money quickly and easily. Very satisfied with their performance.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

We have had Farmers home owner insurance for over 20 years and it seems to be a good value. We have never made a claim on it so i can't speak to that but they have been good on claims for auto so i expect the same level of customer service if needed for our home.

Kevin Damian ,

The agent that contacted me in regards to the deals I was interested in was really sweet and introduced me into the matter very easily. I truly appreciate such a professional approach. Thx

Max Winkel Lindon, UT

Good company. I've used them off and on for many years. I've had good agents. The price constantly goes up so I leave and switch to another company. Then two years later they are cheaper again.

Nurse2014 Los Angeles, CA

They are a great company and I appreciate their customer service and great staff.

Leisha Logan, UT

We have had Farmers insurance for a few of decades. We have had great coverage at a great price.

Ginny Tremayne Logan, UT

We have had Farmer's Insurance for 42 years. Over those years we had many claims. All were taken care of quickly and to our satisfaction.

Brent Crosbie Smithfield, UT

Farmer's has been a good company to deal with and have taken decent care of my needs. However, I have had my struggles with their agents. The ones I have dealt with are not as proactive as I like in managing my insurance needs.

AF ,

Our agent is really great to work with and always available when we have questions. They seem a little bit expensive, but we've been happy with it overall.

Tiauna Anderson Salt Lake City, UT

My husband and I have our homeowners, life insurance. car insurance, and earthquake insurance with Farmers and we love them. The branch we is so helpful and quick to respond.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Farmers insurance offered us the best home protection to date. They are cost effective, can write up easy to understand policies and make home insurance no worry at all. They are great at servicing the account as well. Can't go wrong !

Jeremy Balls Kaysville, UT

We had a storm that produced golf ball size hail. I called farmers because I was worried about my roof being damaged. The claims adjuster came and walked my entire house and property. By the time it was all done, he found damage I did not even know existed until he pointed it out. Everyone we have dealt with has been friendly and helpful. They are not the cheapest insurance, but they sure covered us when we needed it.

Karen Nelson Alpine, UT

We used farmers as our family insurance for a time. They were always VERY quick and extremely friendly.

Alicia Holman Gilbert, AZ

We had Farmer’s Insurance for a very long time and really liked the personal connection they have with their agents. They always took care of our account and any accidents. They are too high in price, so we ended up needing to switch.

Rhonda stewart Queen Creek, AZ

Good rates. Very comparable with other companies . Had a great agent. Great customer service

L Gilbert, AZ

My experience with Farmer’s spanned about 15 years and was very positive. My only complaint was when they accidentally dropped my life insurance and wouldn’t reissue, even though it was totally their fault. When we changed to another agency, the agent st Farmer’s got pretty rude because he didn’t want to lose the business.

Trista Siren Gilbert, AZ

Great rates for my family! Don't know where we'd be without their coverage.

Taylor Siren Gilbert, AZ

Farmers insurance is an experienced company that can help you and your family receive your coverage you need.

H Moore Lehi, UT

We've been with Farmers home insurance for 18 years. When we had to use the policy once, they were very helpful, and we were able to get the needed repairs done.

K Robison Layton, UT

Awesome insurance with great rates. Love their hands on staff

Jeff Martin Layton, UT

Reliable insurance and decent rates. I would recommend to anyone looking for insurance.