IKEA Logo

7.8

LAST UPDATED: July 2nd, 2024

IKEA was established in 1951 and has created incredible relationships with hundreds of retailers internationally. Within the last year, IKEA has had 821 million people visit their 361 IKEA stores worldwide. IKEA offers a great variety of furnishings for every area you are looking for. IKEA stands by their concept of providing a range of home furnishing products that are “affordable to the many people, and not just the few”. They achieve this goal through uniting function, quality, design, value and sustainability.

The Good

• Large selection
  • Quality customer service
  • Gives back to customers and communities
IKEA is an international business. As mentioned, they have 361 stores worldwide. This information tells us that IKEA has a large selection of product as well as the ability to distribute their furnishings to an array of locations. IKEA strives to help more people live a better life at home through creating realistic and affordable products. This store highly values its customers, employees, as well as the community. IKEA has set up foundations to help benefit people all around the world. They offer a variety of promotions and are continually encouraging people to create the best deal for their personal situations.

The Bad

• No free shipping
  • Product and service issues
IKEA does not have the option of free shipping. Depending on where the customer lives and what they ordered will determine the total shipping cost, but "free" is not an option. IKEA has had some complaints concerning delivery and collection issues in the past, such as not receiving products by their delivery date or not receiving products entirely. Other issues individuals have shown concern for include problems with the product or service they purchased. These vary depending on the item and are consistent with other major home furniture companies. Similar to delivery issues, problems are handled by their quality customer service department.

The Bottom Line

Overall, we recommend IKEA for your home furnishing needs. The hiccups or complaints this company has received have been minuscule compared to the amount of success they have attained. They have a large product selection and are focused on providing their customers with the best value, design, and sustainability.   This company is expanding every year and has thousands of employees working hard to create new ideas for your furniture needs as well as improving the transportation and delivery process of its customer's products.   IKEA is continually offering deals and promotions to buyers allowing their products to become even more affordable for the everyday home.

Leonard J Balon

The computer desk and hutch furniture I bought at Ikea has been and still is one of the most versatile pieces of computer office furniture pieces I have ever bought. It has proven to be long lasting, sturdy and more than capable of withstanding my own 47 inch monitor and other weight as I use it in my computer room as my stand for my huge 47 inch HD smart tv I am currently using as my monitor. I am very pleased with this piece I chose at Ikea.

Tammy Bitting

I love IKEA! I get so many ideas from shopping in store. The value for price is excellent! It is a family event from shopping all the way to the building of the pieces we purchase.

JenniferS

IKEA is awesome, and dangerous. Too many good things in one place. Pay attention to the quality - the price differences for an item definitely reflect the quality. But going to IKEA is an experience and I always come away with fun stuff and excellent products.

Roslyn Wikoff

Love the furniture! It does take some time to put it together, but everything I’ve put together is fairly easy. All the pieces I bought years ago are still looking good! I even had some storage drawers in my classroom and they endured lots of students using them!

Gerardo Silva

I love Ikea. I bought my sleeper sofa there. Other than having to assemble it myself and some issues with extra parts it's great. I mean for a studio apartment, it works great. Also they are inexpensive.

3 weeks ago Edited June 21, 2024

Joseph West

It is what it is. Decent enough furniture at a decent enough price. I hate their “instructions” and I don’t like how you don’t get everything you need in one package and have to find all the different pieces from all over the warehouse just to put your furniture together.

Nicky

It is always a pleasure to go shopping at Ikea! The goods and prices are wonderful. I love European style. The Ikea furniture is very versatile and fits perfectly in any size room. You can find pretty much everything to make your house cozy and unique.

Jaden Paul

IKEA is the best shopping store I had some fabulous IKEA pieces arrive 2 years ago 4 drawer chest of drawers it is still in great condition

Erika Fox

IKEA is my kids favorite place to go to play, eat and enjoy while I consider home projects or remodeling of rentals. Their trends always captivate me and after having some items for at this point 12 years (couch, dishes, tables etc) I think there quality for price is amazing.

Isiah Bullock

Assembling IKEA furniture was surprisingly straightforward. The instructions were clear, and all the necessary parts were included. The furniture itself is sturdy and well-designed, especially considering the affordable prices. Navigating the store can be challenging due to its size, but the layout is logical once you get used to it. Overall, I'm satisfied with my IKEA purchases and would recommend them to others.

KaLaura Hammond Los Angeles, CA

It has been a great experience shopping at Ikea. I have recently discovered that I enjoy ordering items and having them shipped to me. This has been such a excellent way of getting my to do list finished, that it is my preferred method of shopping now. And the one time I needed to return an item it was so easy and quick. I'm loving Ikea all over again.

NoUser

great place for sturdy and good looking home furniture and other stuff. Little low on color choices but still awesome. They should have shortcut arrows as well.

Janessa P Logan, UT

I have purchased several things from IKEA. I enjoy the experience of walking through IKEA and seeing what they have to offer. I do not appreciate how long it takes to walk through their store though! It is a day trip for me to go because I have over an hour and a half travel to get there. But, I do it because the quality of their furniture is generally good for the price. Especially with kids and not wanting to commit to the furniture I use with kids for my whole life, it is a good price.

Robyn Odenville, AL

Best place to get stuff for small spaces and help stay organized. Plus the decor is fabulous. I love my pictures and lamp that I purchased. I live in a small apartment so I need to maximize space and still feel comfortable not crowded. I'm looking at one of their couches because if the storage under extention lounger. Not bad prices although almost everything furniture wise needs to be put together. Overall I love this store.

Samantha Madero-Craven

As a fan of modern and affordable home solutions, I found IKEA to be a great fit. The store's vast layout, showcasing various room setups, is both inspiring and a bit overwhelming. I appreciate their stylish, budget-friendly furniture, although assembling it can be a bit of a puzzle. The highlight of my visit was definitely their cafeteria - the Swedish meatballs are a delightful treat. IKEA is perfect for anyone who enjoys a hands-on approach to furnishing their space on a budget

Arooj Naeem Washington, DC

Ikea has been my reliable choice for affordable and modern home furnishings. The showroom layout provides inspiration, and the flat-packaging makes transport easy. The Swedish design aesthetic aligns with my preferences. While assembly can be time-consuming, the reasonable prices and quality make Ikea a practical and stylish option for furnishing my home.

Devin Regensburger

Ikea is cheap for a reason. The quality of goods you receive from Ikea are what I deem "college dorm level" - basically you really wouldn't want to have this stuff once you're a working adult. It's good for kids rooms things, too, though. But honestly, everything is made with MDF and cheap parts and you have to assemble everything yourself. Over the years, I've bought couches, TV stands, bed frames and a myriad of other goods. The bed frames will last about 5 years. The couch was horribly uncomfortable after about 6 months and I wouldn't recommend buying a couch from them. The bookshelves and TV stands are OK, but they damage easily and aren't very sturdy. Kitchen goods are slightly better. They have some really decent tools (garlic press, I'm looking at you) and they have decent storage solutions for small spaces.

Michelle Thomas Anaheim, CA

I bought a bed frame that I really liked. I liked that there is a roll out plank of boards that supports the mattress and box spring. I was a nice set up. It was for 150.00 a queen. It was with me for 24yrs. they do have some quality items. Also they had made a significant donation of items to my non profit Christmas drive. It was a wonderful event because they were generous.

Kelsey Conner Wilmington, NC

We LOVE Ikea! Their prices are seriously unmatched, and even though you have to assemble the furniture yourself, it still ends up being worth it. We've had a lot of luck with their furniture for all of our living areas and bedrooms, and when we decide we want to switch things up, they sell for their full price (people don't want to pay for Ikea shipping and assemble it themselves) as long as they are in good condition. They truly hold their value, and I appreciate the convenience of quality furniture.

Sandi Westover Fremont, CA

IKEA is a fun store to visit. You can spend a few hours there. The store is huge and there is lots to look at. Their furniture is not the best quality but it's very reasonable priced. The furniture has clean, simple lines. I have bought several bookcases there and am very happy with them. They sell so many things it's hard to know what to comment on. I really like all their kitchen accessories. Sponges, scrub brushes are a fantastic price and great quality. I also like the cafeteria. The food is good, reasonable priced and it makes it a fun outing to eat there. And after shopping stop at the snack bar on your way out for cinnamon rolls. They are a great price and delicious. IKEA is not a place you can run into quickly to pick up a few things. It's a big store and takes time to just walk through. And even if you intend to just get a couple things you'll find more to buy. IKEA is definitely worth a visit. But never buy something you may have to return. Returns are the worst. It takes forever to return something and you must have the receipt. They have very few people working in returns. You take a number when you get there - does that give you a hint of how bad it is. I've returned things twice and from now on I only buy what I'm sure to keep. Never again do I want to return something there.

Alejandro Contreras

The quality and the prizes for all the products are amazing and the store is like to be on Disneyland.

Den Ojeds

Have everything. Love the catalogs because they have so many ideas. So many details for decorations

BSM - Ronda Kruse

My purchases from Ikea include a day bed, two storage hutches and a bookshelf. These were all fairly easy to put together. They've held up well.

Newton Jude

IKEA furniture Store is very good I got my shelves and my sitting room furniture from them very affordable and good and my shelves is still functioning well

Amani Patel York, PA

IKEA has provided quality furniture that has been great for a starter home. The instructions are sometimes are confusing, but nothing additional help can't understand. The furniture is very affordable and there are so many options! I like how each piece of furniture is designed to be fit for the space and has accommodations.

Structure Advertising Agency Allentown, PA

Love Ikea. Been using them for furnishing both my home and also my office. My only negative critique is how things quickly get discontinued or are out of stock, never to return again.

Sodiq Ada Ashburn, VA

IKEA is the best furniture store i ordered 2 shelving unit from them to be surprised immediately i placed the order and they sent me pickup station where I am going to pick it up they have fastest shipping

veronica angelo Weston, MA

I really like Ikea because I found a beautiful and sturdy dining table for a fraction of the price compared to other stores. It was a great deal and fit perfectly in my dining room.

Hope Pensacola, FL

I lived in Minneapolis for a year and went to IKEA and since I moved to Florida I miss going through their massive store. I still ordered a few items on line. Love their stuff!

Joanne Tegethoff

Always have quality products available. Good selection

1 week ago Edited July 8, 2024

Edward Keenan Secaucus, NJ

Stared shopping when I first went to college in the 80's. Just finished by second kitchen with them and have never been happier with the quality and craftsmanship of my cabinets, counters and the 30 year old bedroom set that my grandson now sleeps on when he comes over! (by the way the Swedish meatballs are still the best!)

Love people Alexander Kent, WA

IKEA is like going on a trip to m.. as you turn each corner you see and find so many new items that you didn’t even know existed! But did I forget to mention the great prices.. well you have to go see for your self ! One of me and my granddaughters favorite places to wonder around! Love this store!

S Kelly Grand Island, NY

One of my favorite stores to go to! The uniqueness of all the products In the store is amazing! You could find just about anything there.the prices are amazing, The different items that we don’t find in other stores are amazing and the food, spectacular! I love IKEA!

juan lopez Mississauga, ON

The showroom is amazing. It's a really nice experience to walk through and find something you like. What I don't like is the poor quality or durability of the items purchased. or the fact that sometimes the instructions seem to have been put through a translator but never really read for proper English phrasing. The quality of the furniture seems to drop all the time.

Kelsey T.L. Lansing, MI

IKEA offers affordable and stylish furniture and home decor options that I love. Their in-store experience is fantastic. However, the downside is their shipping and assembly process. Shipping is costly, and assembly, while a cost-saver, can be challenging. If you're patient and handy, it's worth it for the price and design, but it's something to keep in mind before making a purchase.

Eric K New York, NY

You can't beat the price with Ikea and as long as you are willing to do the installation work it can provide great value. I recently purchased their closet kits and built an entire walk in closet system. I was quoted $4000 from a local closet company but was able to purchase a comparable system from Ikea for $1700. Putting everything together took me a couple days but it was well worth the savings.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

We love IKEA! The quality of the furniture is excellent. We have purchased a bed, end tables, and lamps from IKEA and love every piece. Assembly was super easy and the result is a beautiful, stable piece of furniture. The simplicity of the style is easily assimilated into every room of our home. The lamps provide unique and beautiful lighting in the rooms. The furniture is quite durable as it has survived 2 moves, coming out just as sturdy.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Ikea is such an excellent retailer that it doesn't have similar competitors. Their furniture is high quality, and the "put it together yourself" concept saves money. Their retail locations are easy to navigate as all items are very clearly marked. And every single visit is met with very helpful store associates. Great value for the shopping dollar at Ikea.

Luke Gibson Provo, UT

Fantastic company, always a great experience shopping for their furniture. The quality of the furniture varies, some of it isn't the most durable but this is reflected by an extremely low price. However, their nicer furniture is fantastic and very durable. I appreciate the minimalist aesthetic compared to a lot of other gaudy or decorative furniture styles and it's always very easy to put together.

Rebecca Richardson Pleasant Grove, UT

I've shopped at Ikea when I was a poor college student, and I continue to shop at Ikea as a recent home owner. Ikea is the only furniture store around that has modern furniture that can hit every price point. I love the Scandinavian/International design and I always hit up the gummy wall while I'm there :) Buying goods for my new home is not painful or scary with Ikea because I feel like I'm getting what I like for a reasonable price. I love how many options there are and I know that if I'm looking for something, Ikea has it.

Suman Sharma

I have got three cupboards for kids room since 4 years and fourth one tried from another compony but now I am regretting, Ikea's furniture is the best almost 4 years and nothing happened to paint or any nails of three cupboards. highly recommended for your sweet home and prices are also so reasonable. Their packaging and installation is also very easy to work

Kansas Centers for Excellence (kscfe) Kansas City, MO

IKEA built a store in Kansas City a few years ago and it has transformed the ways in which my family, friends and the greater Kansas City community now shop for home furnishings. The company's products are consistently high in quality and competitive in price. Their unique, in-store shopping experience offers an entertaining way to spend a few hours in a leisurely stroll around the spacious store, looking at an amazing range of cleverly designed products. Staff are knowledgeable and friendly and IKEA return policies are fantastic.

TC B Florissant, CO

Oh this place is addictive. It is almost like I have to avoid it or I spend too much lol. But I love the showroom and wandering around- could wander for hours! They just have the cutest stuff! Staff will assist you with getting your literal pallet of stuff to your car, they are very professional and friendly. I appreciate how spread out the store is, so you are not on top of others while strolling around, and there is of course the food court area to nourish yourself during the marathon day of being in this store!

11 months ago Edited August 11, 2023

Alexandra Rosado

IKEA has been my lifesaver for good quality furniture at a great price. I love this store.

Jasmine B Tallahassee, FL

I absolutely love IKEA! Their stores are always set up in such a stylish way and their furniture is always great for the price! I have many IKEA items at my college dorm, including a nice decorative, functional piece to hang pictures and papers on and a nice 3-piece organizational cabinet that holds my laundry, kitchen, and hair supplies. I also have a cute little desk organizer, some kitchen supplies, and these nice string lights that light up my room. I could spend hours at IKEA just looking at all their items. They have everything you could ever need! I also got a very nice smelling candle there that I use all the time. IKEA also has pretty good cinnamon rolls so after you’re done shopping you can get one for only a dollar! I always have fun at IKEA!

Natalie Prestwich Taylorsville, UT

IKEA has everything you need for your home! I have gotten a few furniture pieces from there that I love. I’ve heard they take a beating if you move with them, but we are still in our first home so they look great and we love them! Some of my favorite things I have gotten from IKEA are the children’s plates, bowls and cups. They are durable and colorful, which my kids love. Another great find is their art supplies. I would have never thought to get stuff like that at IKEA but they have a lot and it’s very affordable! They also have a place you can let your kids play while you shop. I personally haven’t done this yet because one of my kids is too little still and the other wants to go around the store with us because she loves looking at all the displays.

jose passalacqua

One of the best home furniture stores! You can find almost everything you need to complete your house remodel. Very good prices!

Courtney De La Paz

It’s okay. I’ve heard a lot of good things about here and when I bought my furniture for my apartment it lasted for a while. However the durability was failing month after month. Was able to resale my dresser after small repair.

Viti Phann Channelview, TX

I love shopping at Ikea - it's so fun to see the different show room and get inspiration for my house. Items are reasonably priced and sometimes I can find really good deals!

Selena C. Kansas City, KS

Lord, there’s a lot of products here that u can find at ur local dollar tree store but with ikea expect to pay a couple dollars more. My last purchase from ikea was their “value” wash clothes and they have already fallen apart and been thrown away! Now as for their furniture, there’s a lot of the modern looks that are pretty awesome! I truly like the children’s furniture and the setups they have created! My son really likes the alternative looks they offer and so we choose to go there for his room!