Humana Logo

5.0

Humana offers Medicaid, Medicare, and group health plans. Customers can also purchase dental and vision insurance from Humana.

View Humana Reviews

Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, Humana was founded in 1961.

One of the bigger names in health insurance, Humana was actually bought out in June 2015 by an even bigger name that has company roots in the 1850s, Aetna. In many ways, this merge makes two strong companies even stronger, serving millions of members jointly.

The Good

• Positive Reviews
  • Full Range of Medicare Plan Offerings
  • Easy Health Plan Shopping
  • Group Health Insurance Features
  • Additional Group Insurance Plans
  • Helpful Member Resources
  • Helpful Apps
  • Go365® Rewards

Positive Reviews

Humana has received a number of positive reviews on BestCompany.com. Praise includes satisfaction with claims, healthy incentives, satisfaction with provider networks, and good experiences with customer service.

Although a good chunk of Humana reviews on Best Company are positive, there are also a sizeable number of negative reviews. More information on these reviews can be found further down the page.

Full Range of Medicare Plan Offerings

Humana also offers Medicare coverage. You can find Medicare Advantage, Medicare supplement (Medigap), and prescription drug plans. Specific Humana Medicare plan options and monthly premium rates will vary. Work directly with the insurer to learn more.

Easy Health Plan Shopping

Humana also makes shopping for Medicare beneficiaries easy. You can search for plans by state. You can also enter your prescriptions to view prescription drug plans that cover your medications.

Group Health Insurance Features

Employers looking to include a health insurance plan with their benefits package can find health plans geared for small businesses and large groups.

Most plans include features like participation in a rewards program that encourages healthy habits called Go365® wellness, access to telemedicine through Doctor On Demand®, and prescription mail delivery through Humana Pharmacy®.

These helpful features are becoming more common in the industry, so Humana's group health plans are competitive.

Additional Group Insurance Plans

Beyond health insurance, employers can offer dental and vision insurance plans through Humana. Humana offers group life insurance to small business employers. Large employers can offer wellness programs and group Medicare plans from Humana.

If you want to offer a robust benefits package to employees, Humana has many options worth exploring further.

Helpful Member Resources

Enrolling in a Humana plan makes an individual a Humana member. Humana members can access a large collection of patient resources that are commonly offered across the industry.

With these tools, Humana makes it easy to check a claim status, view member rights and responsibilities, understand drug pricing, and find in-network physicians as well.

Helpful Apps

Humana stands out among competitors for several features. One of these is the four mobile apps the company has set up for members. Each app has a different purpose. MyHumana is for members to access and manage their health plan accounts.

HumanaPharmacy is a way to keep track of your prescription drugs.

Go365® Rewards

With the company's Go365 program, you earn points for receiving preventive care, participating in local activities, and completing workouts through SilverSneakers® or using a fitness tracker. Points can be redeemed for gift cards and other prizes.

These rewards programs are practically standard for the industry, so this program makes Humana competitive.

The Bad

• Negative Customer Reviews
  • States Serviced
  • Minimal Online Information on Individual or Family Health Plans
  • Limited Medicaid Availability

Negative Customer Reviews

Unfortunately, Humana's negative reviews are about as common as its positive reviews on Best Company.

Complaints in Humana reviews include difficulty with prior authorization, issues with communication, and coverage issues.

Although negative reviews are not uncommon for the industry, Humana's split between positive and negative reviews make it difficult to make a clear recommendation on Humana.

States Serviced

Humana health plans are available in many parts of the United States. However, if plans are not available in your area, Humana health insurance may not be an option for you.

Minimal Online Information on Individual or Family Health Plans

Humana doesn't offer much information online regarding its offerings for individuals and families. If you want more information, you'll need to work iwth a Humana agent.

Limited Medicaid Availability

Humana offers Medicaid in Florida and Kentucky. It offers combined Medicaid and Medicare plans in Illinois. You can find more details regarding Medicaid coverage options on Humana's website.

The Bottom Line

Although Humana has mixed reviews on Best Company, it is a well-known health insurance company for Medicare, Medicaid, and group plans.  As you explore Humana's plans further, keep reviews in mind as you ask questions and compare plans.

If you are looking for an individual or family health plan, you'll need to find another insurer.

For those living in one of Humana's service areas, Humana's helpful tools, member resources and discounts, health rewards, excellent customer service, and perks make it a good insurance option.

Humana also offers a good selection of health insurance plans in addition to vision and dental plans. Mobile apps also add convenience and speed when managing your health plan.

Furthermore, Humana is now backed by another health insurance carrier that also has a great reputation and lots of health plan options, Aetna.

View Best Health Insurance Companies

3.0

Bee Endicott, NY

It has been hectic and confusing. I enjoy that there are a lot of nice perks like the OTC benefit and healthy food benefit. Customer service seems disorganized. They eventually resolved my issue that I had but it too a lot of very conflicting and confusing phone calls. I am ashamed to admit I even lost my temper with them on a call once because of it but they finally fixed the glitch.

Constance Bruce

I really like them. Have been with them 12 years and intend to sign up with them next year. I love their Rx plan. I can sit down & order the Rx's we need online in short time. It normally arrives in 3-7 days. They also have various items you can 'purchase' from their online store. The first $30 worth is free every 3 months. I have called & talked with their support team a few times & always have a good experience.

Walter

Very positive experience. Really enjoy the extra benefits such as meals provided when you've been hospitalized. One improvement that could be improved upon is notice of authorization approvals. Example: 10 minute visits have been approved. If you have questions, consult your doctor. I have several doctors and have no idea what the approval is for nor who may have made the request. It just seems reasonable for Humana to say what service has been approved.

Denise Austin, TX

My husband and I had a grandfathered Humana PPO for many years until they dropped out of the individual market in Texas mid-2017. We were very sad to lose them and now we are forced into an exorbitantly priced Obamacare HMO as there are no longer any PPOs offered here in the individual market. Humana always took great care of us. We never had a single problem with a claim or with any provider saying they don't accept their card. We could go in network or out of network (more expensive, but still allowed). If you can still get Humana where you are, I would definitely recommend it!

Mike Johnson ,

Worst Company in America!!!!! Managers are rude and unprofessional, you have to basically fight and beg for a consistent schedule (Working 6-7 days a week). They treat their employees like slaves, the pay isn't all that great and after 5 years of employment here still no raise. I would advise anyone not to be fooled with Humana's ability to charm you into thinking that this is such a great company to work for etc, because once they get you in, I'd say after about the 8 month mark they will start to show you their true colors, but you'll just have to see for yourself.

Chuck McKinney Lynnwood, WA

I have Humana. They continue to call me over and over again. I have ask them month after month to stop trying to manage my Rx's. My PCP doctor controls all my many medications and no other source is suppose to manage or review them. I have come to the option Humana is trying to switch me to their pharmacy and they have in the past tried to convince me to select a different medication. Humana is rude in my view.

Christine Langis Parkville, MD

My mother was hospitalized for 2 weeks. Her doctors recommended that she go to a rehab prior to going home to get leg strength back. Humana denied the authorization for rehab stating that my mom wouldn’t get enough out of the rehab for how much it would cost. the medical director from Humana was extremely hard to reach. My mom’s doctor called the Medical Director at Humana 3 times in one day and never got through for a peer to peer. After speaking with several different rehabs in Virginia I was informed that Humana is notorious for denying requests. How can they get away with this? Without rehab my mother is a fall risk at home which in turn has a safety concern. Her being re-hospitalized for a fall is just going to cost Humana more money in the long run. Humana also never sent an actual denial letter with patient rights for appeal which is against the law.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Humana is a stellar health insurance provider. Easy policies, low co-pays, fast coverage of medical billing. Their customer service is first rate as well. I always felt covered well with Humana. I hope I can keep it long term with other corporate organizations as it is truly an asset.

Jlbfla Pompano Beach, FL

They need to get faster referrals and list pending referrals on their website. Drs office personnel are not very dependable with follow thru. Could use better drs over all. I also don't understand why we need primary doctors when you get emergency or sick you can not get in to see them. Primary doctors are suppose to coordinate your medical if you have to go to a urgent care center they have no knowledge of your problems. Drs office just seem to want to make money for the practice by quality of Patient's and doing blood test. I would like to see something where doctors have to fit in sick patients.

Linda McAlister Kissimmee, FL

My mother is 86. We have humana as her Long Term Care medicaid waiver. She has been in the hospital off and on since Dec. 25th 2018. After 3 months of hospitals and now Hospice at home, they cut her hours of care! We will be changing companies this week. She can never be alone again! But her hours of care were cut by 21 hours! We have explained and still nothing. Even an employee told me to take my mom to another company. He said Humana does not care about the patients. So she only had 40 hours a week and they said she has not been hospitalized enough and has not been sick enough for 40 hours! Yet... Now hospice is involved! Humana is not good. Stay away...

Jeremy Baker Elmhurst, IL

Humana must be being run by a children's play group - the customer service is total useless and not fit for purpose. I covered myself with a dental plan in December 2019. In February 2020 I added my children to the policy - I was told the total premium would be $58.97 ($22.99 my original premium plus $28.98 for the children) and I was charged the quoted premium the first month. The following month I was charged $72.97 - no one notified me of the change. I called and spoke to Cawane in their customer service department - I was informed I had the wrong premium, but the billing on my account proves I was quoted and charged incorrectly. I want to be charged what I was told! Cawane told me he would listen to the taped conversation and call me back by the end of the week - of course nothing. I emailed and called and was told the issue was going to reviewed and I would receive a call back - again nothing. One the 4th June I reluctantly spoke to Kemoi in there customer service department - I was told the policy was cancelled and I would no longer be charged. Everything was taken care of. I found insurance elsewhere at roughly the price Humana quoted in February. On the 24th June, Humana charged me again! I will copy and paste this review on every website possible. Very unhappy customer!

OwenE. Hattiesburg, MS

I greatly appreciate the coverage that Humana provides, and I love how our plan allows us to receive incentives for engaging in physical activity! I have never had a bad experience with Humana

Manny New Bedford, MA

Humana is one of the biggest insurance provider in the U.S. Making billions a year and employ a lot of people. Their employees are well trained to make you feel like they do care about you. I have been in a opioid dependency medecine for years. It worked for me and still working for years. Until they dropped it from their list of cover medications .Usually my Dr used to send them a pre- approval letter and done for a year or six months. Until this year they want me to use a medication which i already tried via my regular doctor and didn't work for me. The problem is that Doctor doesn't work in the health center anymore and i couldn't prove to them that ,this medication make me sick to stomach ,headaches and even pain in my joints. I appealed their denial and basically beg them for 3 days and they still denied. They didn't took my word for it. They want it me first take their medication and get sick so i could get approved. Really HUMANA? EVEN WITH THE SAME MAIN INGREDIENTS EVERY MEDICATION ARE DIFFERENT AND AND EVERYBODY'S SYSTEM IS DIFFERENT. THAT'S WHY IN THE MEDICATION STUDY 7 OUT OF 10 THEY FAVOR YOUR MEDICATION. SO WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 3? I BELONG IN THAT GROUP. Humana was meant to make the company sound more humane ,is using your clients as guinea pigs humane? And why cause maybe you hold some shares of the company that makes this medication or saving a couple of bucks and denying a medication not listening to your client humane? I think not. With all the billions and the giant that the company is i am insignificant to you. Well im signicant to my loved ones and have to leave you , you big old bully

CYNTHIA LEWIS

Customer Service is need work. I have been searching for doctors in my Area and had to call them after sending me a sheet and them resending sheets instead of helping me. They do not let you know what services they offer or send you a booklet, I received my update card later in the year 2018 and I had to call for the card after being told I would get the card in January of 2018. You never feel like the service is smiling. I've had only 3 CS agents treat me professionally and was willing to help.

Rosann Stanko Logan, UT

We were sorry to have to leave Humana because we liked working with them. Humana was no longer available in our area so we had to move to another company. We were able to get any help that we needed with the customer service department in a timely manner.

KG Macon, GA

Humana told me my rates would not change during the year end sign up period, but months later, my rates rose, and also changed one of my generic meds from $0 to $8. Customer service told me my cholesterol med was "reclassified." I was unable to change insurance until the sign up period, so I began ordering the med at $10 , online. I didn't want to contribute to their CEO who got a $23 million dollars salary.

Lillybee

I am a Medicaid recipient with Medicare beginning in Dec 2019. I have been bombarded with materials all confusing me from Humana. I was sent more info and booklets as though I signed up for it which I had not. They flooded me so much that I called all my HHS, SSI, and SSD to make sure I still was covered and they all assured me I was, so why has Humana bombarded me with all the materials? They remind me of Marketplace medical that tried to get me to sign up in place of Medicaid. Money grabbers and waste of money printing materials never requested. Shame on them for the waste!!!

Tony Fac Delray Beach, FL

I moved to Delray Beach, Florida 5 years ago, since my time here I had 8 back surgeries and 2 total knee replacements, I have been on medication since then. On March 5th 2019, my younger brother died, I went back to Pennsylvania to take care of the funeral and his estate. Came back 2 weeks later. In June I get a call my parents (both in their 80’s) needed some help. My father had fallen and my mother tried to catch him, he fell on her and broke her hip. Now I have to go back to Pennsylvania to help them for 3 weeks. So I call humana and they give me something called a prescription override, so I can have enough medication until I get back, great. Fast forward to October, I decided to move back to Pennsylvania to look after my parents. Bought a house, have closing on Oct 15th. I get a rental truck for Thursday Oct. 10th, leaving early Saturday morning for the long drive back. Problem, my medication will run out and humana will not give me a vacation override, they say they will not do it more than once in a 12 month period, which was never explained to me before. I will be here on Oct. 11th, I cannot refill my prescription until the 14th, 3 FREAKIN DAYS! I was on the phone (over 4 ½ hours) and went to the local humana office to straighten this out. Their solution as told to me twice. On Oct 15th, after closing on my house in Pennsylvania, I should fly back to Florida just to refill a prescription. Are these people crazy? All I wanted was to have my prescription filled 3 DAYS early so I can move, they denied it. I even went as far as to call ahead in Pennsylvania to a pain center, but could not get an appt. until Oct 30th. So from the 15th to the 30th, I will have no pain medication. Pleaded with humana a for the 3 day override, they will not budge. I do not know what to do, I cannot have a script written in Florida filled in Pennsylvania. I will be without meds for 15 days and humana does not care! This is why people turn to getting other forms of help, weather it be legally or illegally. Humana is a heartless company and this is just a warning to whomever uses them, be careful, they do not care if you live or die.

Humana is Pure Evil Bothell, WA

Please do NOT spend any $ with Humana. This has got to be one of the most horrible insurance places in the U.S. I will not go into the detail of what has happened to our family - but Humana is evil. They do not provide any coverage when you need it. What in the world are we paying for every month, to then be denied. Our doctor at our local Evergreen Hospital had to argue, debate and even yell at the the Humana contact who was not listening to her plea to help get them to cover and get our family member the proper care. Humana covered NOTHING. Sent our family member home when they were just in the ER and need rehabilitation. The next phase will be long-term care and good luck with getting them to help with this - when they wouldn't even cover 1 day of rehabilitation. What an absolute joke. I will continue to write on sites and post to where I can in hopes of helping at least one other person or family who is looking for true help and coverage. Please avoid Humana!

Michelle Parisher Cherokee, TX

My Humana nightmare began March 08, 2019. I had my second auto accident in four months. Totaling my vehicle each time. I was shortly terminated from my job due to my broken shoulder I incurred during the wreck. Not to mention a $52,657.78 bill from Air Evac Lifeteam which Humana refuses to pay because the accident happened in a remote area and Humana coded them as being OUT OF NETWORK. Regardless, that they were the only service available in order to save my life. And that’s just the beginning...... I have paid over $500 dollars per month in search of , “what caused me to loose consciousness while driving to work on two separate incidents?” Well, it has been almost one year and six months later and I am not one step closer to a solution than the day before my life took a dramatic turn. However, thanks to Humana and their rude, neglectful and lack of concerned medical team , I am now broke and unemployable for the first time in my life at 55 years old. Do yourself a favor and do not let Humana take your life away from you. Good luck to those that have already taken the plunge.

ChrisD Cheshire, CT

Humana Part "D" Humana is a firm you do not want to do business with. I have a part "D" drug plan from Hell. Every time I order, a refill there is a problem. Last night I spent 95 minutes with (3) different people, all unable to resolve a problem. I have a tier reduction and every time i order, they want to collect a co-pay, without resolving. Past issues were supposedly fixed. I regret renewing with this firm who is set-up in silos. The pharmacy people are un-trained. They pass calls to a Benefits department, who cannot seem to resolve anything, despite agreeing there should be no co-pay with the tier reduction. A Critical Pharmacy Review team is unreachable every by the other departments. (They call it CPR department, but they are already dead or should be!!!) Today I have been on hold today for more than 50 minutes. Past complaints to their corporate executives go unanswered. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS FIRM OR SUFFER AGGRAVATION. You will note the other reviews say a similar thing. Humana should have their pharmacy licenses revoked. I would suggest their senior management are fat cats, who are raking in the $$$$. No inkling of care about their customer (patients). I have yet to get a call from those I have reached out to from Humana in the past, on the same issue last year & earlier this year. Chris D Cheshire, CT

Dissapointed Philadelphia, PA

I have suspicious calcification in my breast. Most of the women on my mother's side have had breast cancer and ovarian cancer. It runs in my family and I am a strong candidate to suffer the same fate. I need to do an incisional biopsy. Humana denied it. I can't believe Humana would deny such a biopsy. WHAT is wrong with them??? I don't think they even read the reports from doctors. If they would have read my medical history I would have been approved immediately. They must be denying requests randomly without reading the reports. I am cancelling Humana and so are my friends and relatives. Humana is probably the bottom of the barrel of all insurance companies.

Lindsay Grand Rapids, OH

I could probably go on forever with how horrible Humana has been since the government has switched the tricare north region under their care. 1) My last pregnancy I had multiple doctors appts with the same doctor, at the same location, every time. My base messed up my active duty status (their fault) and it took almost a year to get corrected. Unfortunately, I had an ultrasound (SAME PLACE AS ALL THE OTHERS), during the timeframe I was shown as not active (when I was). It took a year to get Humana to finally acknowledge and approve my claim. Only for some reason, they only paid half of the claim. I'm active duty military and part of my entitlement is full coverage. I gave up fighting that battle as it no longer became worth it (couple hundred down the drain...) 2) My daughter had a doctors appt (same doctor she always sees) that wasn't covered. I had to pay this bill out of pocket, then go back and file a claim personally through humana to get it reimbursed. It eventually did get reimbursed but this should have never happened to begin with. 3) I've had multiple other claims denied that required phonecalls to get corrected. This makes no sense. My status hasn't changed. My doctors office hasn't changed. So why do I need to call to make sure this company is doing its job? 4) The most recent, my husband received an approved referal for an MRI. He gets the MRI where he is approved to go. For some reason, the billing dept of this company has a different ID than the hospital he went to and now humana once again is denying our claim. 5) This brings me to my next issue, I have sent the required form to speak on behalf of my husband with them multiple times. Somehow they keep losing it. My husband does not have a job where he can easily make phone calls so I am the only one who can handle this. Half the time when I call Humana, they can't help me because they "dont have the form." There is no organization or consistency with this company. HORRIBLE SERVICE. Never had any issues with Health Net. Humana just keeps getting worse.

Shelby Louisville, KY

I called humana to see if I need a referral, after putting in all the information and waiting for over 10 minutes for the process, opps cant run it, ask for a representative, finally spoke to someone and was told no referral needed, asked for benefits line, sent me to rx benefits after knowing i was calling about a surgery with my specialists, she goes through everything and opps can't help you only rx benefits let me transfer you,I get transferred to someone else which I think is the benefits for providers instead because they were talking and hitting buttons on the phone like crazy, I asked them to stop hitting buttons was not me I was on speaker phone and then they hung up on me, this is after spending over 40 minutes on the phone and know I have to start all over again, Humana has never been good about getting to to the correct person and once you get to someone you have to give them everything all over again just to be told sorry wrong department, maybe they should pass the persons information along, how many times do I need to verify my information to the wrong department, its not that hard

Judy Lincolnton, NC

My mother was in generally good health and we decided to gamble on the cheaper Humana Advantage plan one year. That was the year she had a bleeding stroke. Our gamble did not pay off well. By the end of the year we had to come up with $3000 out of pocket.

James Round Rock, TX

My 2 year old daughter has cerebral palsy and needs 5 therapies a week. My policy says Humana will cover 60 therapies per year and will evaluate covering additional therapies based on medical necessity after the initial coverage is exhausted. It is December 6th and, for a myriad of excuses, Humana has not yet covered 60 therapies (we have submitted 160+), and in the meantime, I have had to pay out of pocket for the others while they go through their "process." They post claims and EOBs on myhumana.com that show they have paid for most of these therapies, but the provider says Humana immediately recalls the money. Humana's customer service confirms that they have recalled the payments, but are unable to give a reason. The customer service supervisors always tell me they will either look into it further or send my case for expedited review. Every supervisory has ended the call by promising to call me back (many promising to the next business day), but I never hear from them again and have to call in again and start the whole process over. I finally got the number for Humana's corporate office (1-800-486-2620) but the switch board operator refused to transfer me to anyone saying that the call center supervisors were the only people I could talk to. At this point, I have paid the max out of pocket for my policy 2.5 times and still have no indication that they will start covering my daughter's needs.

Sav Flo

I have been pleased with the health plan Humana has provided me. I've never had any problems with any physician that I have seen; they have been willing to answer my questions and have had great bedside manner.

M Muthusubramanyam Roswell, GA

I had hard time getting my hearing aid claim approved. Finally after my filing a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner, I got it approved.

Tammy Marshall Monroe, OH

before choosing Humana I made sure that all of my medications were on their formulary drug list. And they were. So I chose Humana. However, when I tried to get one of my medications filled, the pharmacy told me it wasn’t covered. Oh great just what I need! My doctor had to write me a prescription for a similar medication that did not work as well. Well I called Humana and I got out my book that lists all of the formulary drugs and in fact my medication IS listed in this book! I even told Humana that. I no longer trust Humana! If you choose Humana you are taking a huge gamble!

Jim Slatin Henderson, NV

Humana is nothing more than a pencil pusher. They are greedy, and they take money from Medicare, and only pay out a small percentage to healthcare providers. I have a PPO with them that is a disaster. I cannot wait until October to get rid of Humana entirely. And, also, the so-called manager of Humana through Medicare I found out that he gets a bigger percentage of commission. It's unbelievable how bad Humana is. Even my case worker, who works for Humana cannot believe how bad they are. Need I say more?

Dave Myrtle Beach, SC

Do not fall for there sales gimmicks , I have had Humana now for 2 years . One of the most disappointing insurance companies out there . My drs office will not except there insurance now . They raised my prescription cost without notifying me from $ 31 to 51 for the exact same meds . Let alone I cannot even get one of my meds because the copay is $ 775 a month out of my pocket. So there for I suffer everyday without this medication. Anyone looking into getting this insurance should definitely look elsewhere.

Dianne Tullahoma, TN

I have been very dissatisfied with Oscar Humana as well as Humana. This is the most disappointing insurance I have ever had in 40 years of Professional experience. I had knee surgery almost 3 months ago and the claim has yet to be resolved. I am very upset. I was required to put down $1500 deposit on the day of surgery and cannot get a refund because Humana has the claim on hold. I have spoken to several representatives at Humana and am no closer to getting an answer than I was 2 months ago. Unacceptable!

C Small Friendswood, TX

Every time I get a new prescription, Humana always has to ask the doctor questions which prolongs the filling of the medicine. Last time this happen I called them and they said they wanted to question the doctor if this medicine was right for the illness. So rediculas they want to play doctor remotely without seeing a patient. I ended up buying the prescription outright for $13.00!!! Worst insurance I’ve ever had in my life and do not recommend nor did I want to give them the 1 star but this survey required it.

Rashida Laumatia Saint George, UT

My parents love Humana. Theyre very helpful and curteous. They’re not after people’s money and the time to reach a live person is fast. Cost is very affordable.

NT Pleasant Grove, UT

i help my elderly retired father with his insurance and Humana in my opinion over charges the elderly. he is on a fixed income monthly and he pays $139/monthly just for him. His prescription copay for his Diabetes medication is $35/month for each. His copay to see his speciality physicians are $45 and normal office visit is $35. My father has to see his specialists but with all the cost and fixed income he doesn't want to go sometimes because the costs $$ is overwhelming.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

Humana was kind of disappointing. I don't feel like Human has quite as good coverage as some other companies for what I was paying. I also don't feel like there were as many doctors who accepted Humana insurance, especially out of state while we were traveling.

Karen Heard Chicago, IL

They offer gym membership and rides to the doctors office. But they decline preauthorization for flexible sigmoidoscopy August 2019. Also my doctor ordered Canasa supp ($3,060.11 for 90 days) which is not covered and the generic mesalamine ($2,013.57 for 90 days) which is not covered

Denise H. Mona, UT

I have been happy with our coverage with Humana for the most part. However, we have had some frustrations with their customer service at times.

Zack Salt Lake City, UT

Humana has always been a choice insurance for me. They have great customer service, co-pays and coverage. Couldn't ask for better.

Suzanne curtis San Mateo, CA

They have excellent customer service. Their site is easy to navigate

Susan

When I have a question.... Humana is right there to take care of it ! A Person!

William

Excellent experience and company. Pays the bills. Easy to use. Not expensive.

Amy Boren American Fork, UT

We were on a high deductible plan when my daughter need surgery. I called and had everything pre-authorized for coverage and it was approved. After surgery I was notified that nothing was covered. Luckily I had the Name of the agent and date of the conversation. It ended up being covered but with a fight!! Not a company that I want to be with!!

Don Boren American Fork, UT

I didn't like the high deductible plan. The deductibles were high and were difficult to meet. I felt like I was just paying out-of-pocket.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

While living in Kentucky we had Humana Insurance and loved working with them. Great customer service and benefits!

Jean Mancil

Paid their fair share of medical expenses without me having to call them!

Candice St. Petersburg, FL

decent deductibles but wish that i didn't have to change pharmacies to get best price

Judy L Newell Alexandria, OH

Excellent, they have treated me with respect and supportivly.

Pat

Pretty happy with what I get. Wish coverage for estradial was a lot better, though.

Leonard Matlaw

Large network of providers, good claims service, excellent prescription plan.