Ambetter

5.1

Ambetter is the Health Insurance Marketplace (HIM) option operated by CeltiCare, which is a subsidiary of the Centene Corporation. HIM plans are intended for people who do not have health insurance coverage, and only certain customers qualify for coverage. Thus, Ambetter is somewhat of an exclusive path for health insurance.

The Good

• Member resources
  • Unique features
  • My Health Pays
  • Dental and vision

Member Resources

Ambetter members are given access to an online portal, through which they can make all their payments, view their plan benefits, and take care of logistics like obtaining a member ID card. The member portal offers extra features too, such as providing reminders for members when they are due for another doctor's visit or allowing them to take a health risk assessment to determine which steps they can take to live healthier. There's also a section for member news alerts and, of course, social media accounts with Ambetter that members can connect to.

If you're looking to get an Ambetter plan, you can view their health plans by first selecting the state you live in and then selecting a metal type for the plan tier you're most interested in. From there, your options open up to several different plans with varying prices and benefits.

Members can track their claims 24/7 through the online portal, as well as connect with member services or a nurse hotline at any hour of the day. The subsidy estimator in the online account also helps members see how much they would receive for reimbursement for a treatment with their benefits. Admittedly, many of the resources available to members do not extend far beyond the basic ones supplied by other health insurance companies. Nonetheless, Ambetter's online portal and customer service mediums do make members' experience more convenient and secure.

Unique Features

Ambetter provides more than just logistical tools for members. Many of the extra features they offer also send the message that they want their members to get healthier and stay healthier. These tools include a 24/7 nurse hotline that members can access for questions and medical needs. There are also health-promoting programs such as the StartSmart for Your Baby program, which provides support for expecting mothers. Ambetter has support for members coping with behavioral health issues, chronic illnesses, and similar struggles as well.

My Health Pays is a rewards program offered by Ambetter, and through it members can be reimbursed for gym memberships and even earn back money for getting a wellness exam or a flu shot. This money can then be used toward a copay or monthly premium down the road.

My Health Pays

My Health Pays is Ambetter's rewards program to provide incentives for members to live healthier with better habits. You can earn money for taking a survey provided by Ambetter, getting a flu shot, or having your wellness exam, and this money can go toward your next premium.

24/7 Nurse Line

Customers have 24/7 access to a nurse and can contact this healthcare professional for sudden medical concerns and other questions. Round-the-clock support like this adds reassurance to members' experience.

Dental and Vision

Dental and vision coverage are available with Ambetter, but the benefits and availability of each are entirely specific to the state you live in and the type of plan you've signed up for. Dental coverage, for example, is not available in Texas, but vision insurance is. Dental coverage includes exams, cleanings, and screenings, overall, and vision benefits include yearly eye exams and glasses or contacts.

The Bad

• Types of plans offered
  • Service areas
  • Service areas
  • Access to plan information

Types of Plans Offered

It's somewhat difficult to access specific information about the types of health plans Ambetter has. Their website primarily just explains the metal tiers for their plans, as well as how essential health benefits are covered by every plan. But to find out what kinds of plans these are (such as HMO, PPO, etc.), not to mention what prices and benefits you qualify for, you'll have to contact a representative.

Up front, it's important to know that Ambetter is part of the Health Insurance Marketplace (HIM). It's Centene's option for HIM plans, which is intended for people who don't have health insurance and maybe don't qualify for typical plans. In HIM territory, Medicare isn't an option, for example, because if you qualify for Medicare, that's the legal option for you to get rather than taking advantage of a plan like Ambetter's. Medicaid and CHIP are HIM plans, though.

Ambetter has PPOs, HMOs, and EPOs. They don't offer HSAs though. They've divided their plans into three metal tiers: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. All three of these tiers cover "essential health benefits," Ambetter's term for services like preventative and emergency care, therapy, behavioral health help, medications, maternity, and hospitalization. But the difference in the tiers comes in the costs for premiums and out-of-pocket expenses. Bronze plans have the lowest premiums but the highest OOP costs, and Gold has the highest premiums but the lowest OOP costs. Silver, of course, is the in the middle.

Service Areas

Ambetter plans are available in a select few states. These are Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you don't live in any of these states, then obviously Ambetter isn't an option for you.

No Mobile App

Unlike many of its competitors, Ambetter doesn't have a mobile app. Some companies provide this for members to access their accounts right from their phones, making communication and logistics much easier. Ambetter hasn't provided this yet, making account management slightly less convenient than with other companies.

Access to Plan Information

Ultimately, it's kind of hard to find specific information about the health plans at Ambetter. The company doesn't provide enough assistance with truly understanding HIM plans, knowing which types are available up front, and comparing the costs of these plans in one place.

The Bottom Line

Ambetter is somewhat of a last resort, in many ways. While its plans all have decent coverage for preventative care and some dental and vision options, they make it difficult to access full details of their various plans. This makes the company less transparent, which is ultimately more frustrating for customers. Because of its intended customer base, Ambetter is also potentially difficult to qualify for and only available in certain states. This makes the company even less of a valid option for customers around the US.

If you do become a member with Ambetter, rest assured the company provides plenty of member resources, health rewards, and extras like that 24/7 nurse line to keep you up-to-date on your health and your account. But this company is not a fully recommended option for health insurance because they lack experience, transparency, and resources that are easy to use.

We recommend you compare Ambetter with other health insurance companies to ensure you make the best decision for your health care needs.

Linda Maier

February 23rd, 2018 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS

It is a debacle!! You cannot speak to anyone in authority. There is NO TRANSPARENCY! They say your provider is in network but when you go to your provider they are not...that is called “Bait & Switch”. It is THE WORST INSURANCE PROVIDER. DO NOT give this outfit one dime.

Joy Roach

February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Horrible insurance. My husband has narrowing if the aortic heart valve. He is supposed to have a yearly echocardiogram but Ambetter refuses to cover it. Ambetter is the only health insurance we can afford, so my husband hasn’t had an echo or seen a cardiologist in years. His primary doctor said he needs to be on a specific heart medication but Ambetter refuses to cover it. The doctors office called Ambetter and explained the situation and told them that it’s legit, he really does need it. But Ambetter refused. He never got the med. I hate this company but it’s the only one on the ACA exchange in my area in Georgia. I have no choice.

Joel Mitchell

February 22nd, 2018 Boonville, IN DETAILS

Good luck getting medication if you happen to be allergic to the "standard" treatment. For six days customer service repeatedly lied to me (and the pharmacy) about never having received prior authorization from the doctor for my prescription. The customer service representatives' job was clearly to make me shut up and go away without doing anything to resolve the issue. When the doctor called to find out why they had not acted on her prior authorization they finally admitted to having received it but denied the claim anyway (with different people citing different, contradictory reasons for doing so). If you can afford any other health insurance go with that rather than Ambetter!

Marsha Moore

February 21st, 2018 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

I was pleased with Ambetter and appreciated my experience with them.I think they are one of the better choices.Thanks Ambetter moving to Medicare.Wish there was as good of choices as your company unfortunately All well didn't meet my needs

Jay

February 20th, 2018 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

Please note everyone who has written a review here. Klafter Olsen & Lesser has a class action suit against Ambetter's parent company covering all the complaints we have all experienced. Please call and inquire about signing on to the suit. Ambetter customer service does not exist. They channel you through multiple depts where no one has the authority or the desire to help you with your issues. They lie about timelines when prior authorizations were submitted and deny claims for no logical reason. They do not have adequate providers for skilled nursing, It has been 45 days since they received my Rx for my infusion and I still do not have nursing to administer the drug. I have spent over 30 hours with Ambetter and their two specialty pharmacies with no resolution. The company is not trustworthy and customer service is not qualified to handle any logistical problems.

chass

February 19th, 2018 Canton, GA DETAILS

Horrible does not cover anything hardly! Never using this insurance again.

Rhonda

February 19th, 2018 Athens, GA DETAILS

If I could have given Ambetter zero stars I would have! I was forced into using this company because it was the only option I had for insurance on the open market in Georgia. My first experience was needing an Gynecologist so I went on their web site and it listed 9 in and around the area I live. I called everyone of the ones listed and NONE of them accepted Ambetter!!! Some even wondered why they were on the list, as they had never agreed to accept Ambetter Insurance. So basically this company lies and is deceitful. Shame on you!!!! They charge basically the same thing I was paying last year to BC/BS but their services and provider options are way below par. I'm so angry and frustrated. If you can avoid using this company do so....find something else if at all possible.

Ale

February 15th, 2018 Marietta, GA DETAILS

"POS", and that doesn't mean point of sale either. I will let you figure that out. Worst company I've ever dealt with. I was automatically signed up in December of 2017 for the 2018 calendar year (previously was covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield). Also received a notice from Am better stating I was covered as of January 1st 2018. Went to the ER and personal physician and gave them my insurance information. All was good until my doctor's office called and said the insurance company denied my claims. I called Ambetter and was told they hadn't received a payment from me. I immediately told them I hadn't received an invoice or payment request and agreed to pay immediately for January and February 2018. They accepted my payment and told me I was still covered from January 1st 2018. I specifically asked if my policy would cover my doctor and ER visits from January and February and was informed by an Am Better Rep I was covered and to ask the Hospital and Doctor's office to refile the claim. THE CLAIMS WERE DENIED AGAIN. I called Ambetter, just to find out they cancelled my policy and transferred me to The Market Place so I could resolve this matter which was Ambetter's responsibility. Have now called several time and Ambetter keeps claiming policy is cancelled, however was initially told payments were made and I was also covered from January 1st, 2018. Made payments, haven't received any information other than it's being revised via The Market Place. Sounds like a used car dealer that takes your money and screws you by giving you a piece of crap. Wow, Ambetter the used insurance dealer!!!! P.S Have almost $13k or more in healthcare bills that have to be paid. My luck never have to go to the doctor but when I do my insurance wouldn't cover me. In the Market Place's defense, they are working to try and make Ambetter pay. Hoping it works.

Andrew Goetsch

February 14th, 2018 Brownsville, TX DETAILS

This is the worst I've ever been ripped off. When I tried to cancel this worthless insurance, they kept disconnecting me, failed to respond to email inquiries and said I owed for two more weeks after I finally got through. These shysters must be giving bribes to half the politicians in the country to stay in business.

jay

February 14th, 2018 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

Do not use this company. They will put profit above your health every time. I need a once a week infusion for a complicated genetic disease. I sent the info to Ambetter a week before my policy began. 30 days later I still don't have the drug. They also denied the nursing service to infuse the drug. I filed a complaint with Fl Insurance commissioner. Stay away. This company will kill you.

Dafni Lustig

February 13th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

IT IS TRULY BEYOND BELIEF HOW BAD THIS HEALTH INSURANCE IS. First off, they do not update their provider directory on their website (which they're so proud of!), and as a result, I spend at least half an hour whenever I call a doctor to make an appointment, just to be told that they are not working with this insurance any longer! This has happened to me 3 times. Last time I called a phone number that the lady at the member services gave me for an ear doctor, only to hear on the other line:'Sorry, it is a facility with eye doctors here.' Great! And since I have chosen my PCP over the phone with them, they have failed 4 times so far to put the specific doctor on their system (instead they have a name of a doctor I never chose!), so now that I have an appointment with my PCP tomorrow, I will not be able to see her, because they have put the wrong name of a doctor on their system! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HEALTH INSURANCE IF YOU CAN!

Carissa

February 9th, 2018 Leesburg, FL DETAILS

They are horrible! Their list is a lie. Every place they said takes them does NOT. They are liers and their customer service is a joke.

James Nelson

February 6th, 2018 Hobart, IN DETAILS

WORST INSURANCE COMPANY IN THE USA. Ambetter continues to deny their lies. Don't use this company you will be very sorry. I have not found one person who is satisfied with Ambetter. Most all have the same response "Ambetter lied to me about benefits" All they want to discuss is payment methods. Even the supervisors lie over and over. They refuse to release transcripts of your phone calls because they are full of lies. WORST INSURANCE COMPANY IN THE USA.

Never again Ambetter

February 4th, 2018 Orlando, FL DETAILS

Fake list of providers. Many providers are not accepting Ambetter. Needed many hours on the phone to finally get approval to a provider for my colonoscopy . Was told free colonoscopy screening was covered . That anesthesia was free as well. Now I get my bill and told that the anesthesia actually was done by an OUT OF NETWORK provider and was NOT covered . Got a bill for $500 .. PLEASE KNOW you can file a complaint with the Office of your states Insurance Consumer Advocate !!!!! I certainly will- this is just wild what this Ambetter is trying to pull off .

Natalie

February 3rd, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

When I first got Ambetter, it seemed alright. I got my pair of glasses through Ambetter, and went to the clinic once with no hassle. Suddenly, Ambetter is no longer used at the same places I went for my glassess. I asked around, and basically nobody uses it! So, I cancelled my insurance since it's useless...but the cancelling part is why I am giving Ambetter a one star review. I called to cancel my insurance numerous times, yet I am still getting letters and emails about making payments. Not to mention, the newer premiums are ridiculous. I'm not paying for insurance that is useless and way too expensive.

Ganna B

February 3rd, 2018 Highland, IN DETAILS

HORRIBLE THIS MARKETPLACE OBAMACARE IS TERRIBLE!! they told me to get the plan I wanted in indiana to keep my deductible at 3500 I had to go up to paying 225/ month so I did because I was pregnant. Then after I had complications and I was in the hospital for a week and my baby in the NICU they told me I did not have a 3500 deductible that they SPECIFICALLY WENT OVER AND TOLD ME TO GET THIS PLAN FOR THE $3500 DEDUCTIBLE. They told me i had a $5500 deductible instead!!! How can these ppl get away with this it's robbery

James Hall

February 2nd, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I don't know where to begin and I'm not going to spend more time here other than to list mwhat I've learned from 3 years with this "health plan" and too many hours ospeaking with "customer support: (1) they are trying to rebuild their computer system and it's a mess. They have 3 different member IDs as they migrate to the new system yet the system does not always "know" about the legacy IDs -- worse yet, some cust support people are unaware. The result is you will often have no way to actualy discuss your account with them. (2) Their online website is a total mess. Links are broken, data is incorrect, provider listings are out of date. They even changed their domain without telling members - or even providing a forwarding link. omfg. (3) The billing system is FUBAR. I received a bill for hundreds of thousands of dollars (montly premium!) and -- they will have difficulty just figuring you latest balance. They've actually sent me cancellation notices due to the fact that theyir system simply has no idea what your balance is -- or: has it mixed up with previos policies that you may have had with them. (4) the "provider directory" is insanely out of date. They claim it's updated but I've called so many of these doctors only to be told that they've left the plan months ago. When this is pointed out they will blame the doctos for not updating their own profiles in the sysrem. It's a joke.

Sheldon

February 2nd, 2018 Temple, TX DETAILS

Worst insurance company ever . Says they cover certain things.. when it comes time they deny approval and refuse to contact me back. I have hep c . Witch always destroys your liver . Is highly contageous . But apparently my livers not damaged enough . Theyere going totaly against what every doctor wants to do to treat me.

Jennifer

January 31st, 2018 Denton, TX DETAILS

Total crap. Too bad I can't give it 0 stars.

Shari

January 30th, 2018 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

This company is the worst!!!! They keep sending me the wrong ID cards and every time I call they say the new card is "in the mail". Every card I've received in the mail has the old information from last year. In addition, the cards I've received only has my son listed and not me (I am the primary policy holder, he's only 4 years old). I have also had to call about questions I had regarding my schedule of benefits. Everyone I speak with gives a different answer. Some tell me I need a referral to see a specialist, others say I don't need a referral as long as the doctor is in network. Which one is it??? I also find it incredibly irritating that there are only two Pediatrician's on my plan and neither is close to where I live. WTF? I do not at all feel confident about this insurance plan and strongly dissuade others from signing up with this horrid company.

Emily Davidson

January 29th, 2018 Mission, KS DETAILS

I'd rather give it NO stars. So far: They have no record of my first payment. However, they sent a card. With an incorrect ID. I called them and also sent a screenshot of my first payment and they said, essentially, "Oh well, don't know what might have happened to that." The P.O. box address on the email they sent me (saying they had not been paid) turned out to be incorrect. They did find that I had an account, but I was enrolled in a more expensive one I had not chosen. They have frozen my ability to obtain needed prescriptions. I call them Amworse.

Kaitlin Windley

January 29th, 2018 Spring Creek, NV

Do NOT give them your information online... trust me, their quotes are outrageous.. you don't want this company .. next thing you know they are sending me my 900$ bill... When i called to get it sorted out I was hung up on, transferred and put on hold 3 times and never spoke to anyone. I have never been treated so poorly by any company.

Cynthia Williams

January 26th, 2018 Denton, TX DETAILS

Ambetter is new to Texas and the website is not always correct with which doctors will take the plan or night. They refuse to take ownership when your insurance is turned down by your doctor. They say it is a new company growing pains but consumers are caught in the middle.

Andrew Stoner

January 25th, 2018 Mission, KS DETAILS

Terrible customer service. If they don't have an answer for you, they'll drop your call and transfer you back to the main customer line without any warning. Also seems like they're incredibly new as we've had multiple issues with hospitals being able to submit bills to them even hospitals that are reported to be in-network by Ambetter.

Andrea Nixon

January 23rd, 2018 Pahrump, NV DETAILS

If I could rate NEGATIVE 5 stars , I would ! I am sicker than crap , and now realize that the insurance we pay over $ 1200.00 a month for is f rickin USELESS !!!!!! P’d off in Pahrump Nevada

Kathleen Brown

January 23rd, 2018 Mountain Home, AR DETAILS

Still no welcome package. Can't look up my anything on their website. Took my money quickly. This is a terrible company for anyone in Arkansas. I will be 65 in June & so happy to cancel this terrible excuse of a Health Insurance Company then. Do not use this company they just take your money. They wouldn't pay for anything except flu shot.

jessica

January 23rd, 2018 Bentonville, AR DETAILS

I am trying to figure out how to file a grievance and complaint. I have had Ambetter for 3 years and have never had a problem until now. I was told a couple weeks ago that I would need to make a payment of $91 to get my insurance renewed for January 2018. I did not have the money but I went ahead and over drafted my account so that I could get my insurance back. Come to find out, the agent did not realize that I am with Ambetter through my state and that I did not need to make that payment to get my insurance reinstated. The state of Arkansas would do that. I was upset and sent an email in. I received an email back from them on 1/16 that they requested a refund for my account and I would get that money back since it was their error. Well, I called to check on it that day because I was worried they wouldn't do it and come to find out, they had not. That agent said she would put the request in right away and it would take 2-4 business days to have it credited back to my account. She said it will be there by Friday. So Friday rolls around and it is not in my account. So again I call back and this agent tells me the request is open and they are working on it so it should be available in my account next day. Saturday rolls around and it is not in my account, I cannot call because they are closed on the weekend. I called this morning, and the agent says "Sorry I see a note in here that you are not going to get a refund" I said I need to talk to a supervisor because that is not what I have been told. I am on hold for thirty minutes, I never got to talk to a supervisor and the agent came back and said the original request for my refund was not done correctly and that is why it never happened. She said she would request it today and it would take 7-10 business days!!!! I said you need to talk to whoever you need to talk and request that this gets expedited because this was Ambetters mistake and they need to make it right. She placed me on hold for another 10 minutes to tell me "sorry but they said it takes 7-10 business days and there is nothing they can do" I asked her for a number to file a complaint and she gave me the 1877-617-0390 number to call (this was the number I was on the phone with!!) Someone needs to look into my account and make this right and get this expedited immediately. My state lets me pick which health plan I wanted for 2018 and I picked Ambetter again. I am trying to figure out how to cancel this request and choose another plan.I would rather pay more to get treated fairly! It is never OK to do people this way. You were quick to take my money but you sure as heck will not give it back!!!!! I have worked in customer service for 10 years and there is ALWAYS a way to put issues at the top of the "Que" especially since it is your companies fault.

cheryl kumiski

January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

one month in and this is horrendous. chose the co. because they listed my doctor on their roster. WRONG! my dr never has accepted this insurance. on their website the choices for me for providers in my area is ZERO. I called and was given 3 names of drys in my area. 1 number is wrong, the other is a mental health provider, not a pop and the 3rd goes to voicemail to a number I did not dial. so, no doctor but they want their money.

David Plummer

January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Because of the obvious collusion in the health insurance industry, Ambetter from HealthNet is the only Health Exchange insurance provider in Maricopa County, Arizona. This company isn't worth ink it takes to print their name. With completely incompetent customer service, completely incompetent IT services, completely incompetent billing processes, completely incompetent claims processing, the only thing they have going for them is that ACA didn't have a 100% PUBLIC OPTION! If I could arrange it, I would drive this company into insolvency and force their liquidation and put all their executives in jail. I have been forced to file multiple complaints to regulators in the states of Washington and Arizona and the Federal Government in Washington, DC. They have repeatedly blocked me from accessing my account information. With 2018, they have come up with a "new" website that has again blocked me from accessing my account. Attempting to call them was fruitless and also indicated that this problem was probably widespread because I was on hold for 30 minutes before finally giving up with their call center. So I called their corporate office at 314-725-4477 to escalate the issue to their executive offices. Given the pattern and history with this company, I would encourage EVERYONE to skip calling the call centers and start calling the executive office. Further, if so inclined, skip calling altogether and just start submitting every complaint, no matter how big or small, to your state's Insurance Commission and Attorney General. Make this company answer for their incompetency to government lawyers.

Jay

January 21st, 2018 Carmel, IN DETAILS

They suck. Some doctors they list as being in-network are not really in-network. Be careful. Around the middle of this month, I got insurance through my job and I then canceled my Ambetter insurance (hooray!). For the past week, my wife and I have been trying to get a refund for the 2 weeks this month that we won't be using their insurance. We've made at least 10 phone calls, and only 2 of them ended up getting through to a human. One day, the phone system at Ambetter was down. One day, I got stuck in a loop (I pressed 7 for 'other issues', and then they repeated back the menu I had just heard). Another day, I just didn't have enough time to go through the menus and wait for a human.

Brianne

January 21st, 2018 Royse City, TX DETAILS

Ambetter worked well for me when it came to treating my depression. I paid $1 per visit, my prescription was cheap. Move forward two months and I discovered I was pregnant. Here's where it got extremely messy. I was unable to see a doctor until I was 20 weeks along in my pregnancy. My child has hydronephrosis band cerebral spinal fluid on the brain, something that would have been noticed if AmBetter had been capable of helping me locate an OBGYN. the list of doctors in my area (Dallas, tx) was full of wrong information, wrong numbers, they didn't accept AmBetter, weren't taking new patients or they were "high-risk" doctors only. I called AmBetter numerous times to get help locating a doctor, and they found one... Two hours away. I live in a large metroplex, how do you NOT have doctors!? I couldn't afford the four hours of driving it would take, especially if there was an emergency. For weeks they tried to find me one, and they did. I went to my first appointment to be informed it would be my last, they were no longer accepting AmBetter insurance. More embarrassing, the physician told me that many women were in my position because AmBetter was not ran properly so many OBGYNs would no longer be accepting it. So the struggle began again to find another physician, at about 20 weeks they found me another one, this physician wanted my deductible upfront immediately and wanted to charge me fees for my appointments and ultrasounds as well as my deductible, because he doesn't report the v deductible as paid until after the delivery. What was the purpose of this insurance? A monthly fee of $160.00, a high deductible, no doctors, paying full price for procedures after meeting the deductible... It was ridiculous.

Terri

January 21st, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Is this company a scam??? I paid premiums for my whole family and still have not received cards. However I did receive bills from them for the second month of premiums. I cannot log into my account online because when I click on "log in now" a "Not Found" page comes up. When I call, I either get a busy signal, or go through the waiting process only to be hung up on. I have never been able to reach anyone on the phone. I can't find any doctors in Las Vegas that accepts this insurance and I can't log into the website to find providers that I can go to. Again, nothing can be resolved because I can't get in touch with anyone. I initially signed up with automatic payments and since I can't log into my account or get in touch with anyone I am unable cancel this bogus coverage. I seriously think they created this company to scam everyone out of money.

Walt

January 20th, 2018 Sparks, NV DETAILS

Ambetter refused to pay for Shingles vaccination

Tess Theisen

January 19th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

if i could give them zero stars, i would. this is the worst company i have ever dealt with in my entire life. avoid ambetter at all costs. you honestly couldn't PAY me to work with them ever again. all they do is transfer you from person to person, no one can help, ever. honestly if i could call the CEO of this trash company, i would. even better, i would physically go to the CEO personally and tell them what a terrible company they have. it's absolutely incredible how unhelpful they are. i've been paying them monthly for three years now with nothing in return. DO NOT INSURE WITH AMBETTER.

William Hale

January 19th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Ambetter is one on the worst companies in existence. They say they want to help you yet instead the employees and supervisors argue with you about everything., They blame the marketplace on everything but the marketplace tells a different tale about what occurred. They are useless. They never back down only argue with you. Customer service is a misnomer with these folks. Stay clear they o them they are re not your friend. They refuse to listen to your concerns and denigrate you on the phone. They argued that i owed them a monthly y premium of about $82.00 from April 2017 although they never sent me an invoice telling me that. I asked to make payments and they refused. They are ridiculous - $82.00 ? for a national insurance company? Really? Wow the marketplace told me Ambetter cancelled the policy and told me to call them back. I did. They argued with me that the marketplace cancelled the plan not them.. They accepted no responsibility. for the policy being cancelled.I had to go to Kaiser to get a better insurance company and I did thank God. t Do not enroll with Ambetter they are sharks and not in your best interest by far. William Hale

Roger D Albert

January 19th, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS

My Experience was that their provider network was so small, even in a large metropolitan area, that I sometimes has as few as one, or even no provider option, and in fact in the last quarter of 2017, was unable to find any care in two needed specialties. Several they show in their network were either no longer taking ambetter, or scheduling out until the next year, or not actually in their listed specialty, or otherwise unavailable. They also failed to provide their listed rewards 4 times throughout the year, two of which they acknowledge, and all of which they now refuse to offer.

Mark Chapman

January 18th, 2018 Saint John, IN DETAILS

This company is horrible we have made 5 requests for insurance cards & details of the plans. Nothing is ever done the reps seem to not know the plans to be able to explain them Or help they just keep saying in tomorrows mail. Well tomorrow never get here.

Alan Palider

January 16th, 2018 Chesterton, IN DETAILS

The worst health insurer ever. This POS was borne out of the disaster known as obamacare. Very few doctors and hospitals take this insurance (and for a good reason). They do not review and discount; so, since everyone has an extremely high deductible, you get stuck paying the bloated insurance price on your own. The reps are extremely inarticulate (my guess is they might have a second grade education at best). The reps are also extremely rude. I usually have to call a minimum of six times before my request is met. The latest is my insurance cards. I just got off of the phone with a moron for this same purpose (this is, so far, my third request). I hate, hate, hate, hate this company. But thanks to obama all of the other (decent) programs are so expensive I can't afford it. Many of us are stuck with this garbage. Hopefully, things will get better. I'd love to see this company go belly up.

Melissa Heffernan

January 13th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Bottom line I cannot get into see any Dr. I was given Drs names and numbers that are incorrect as well! Given the opportunity I would never choose Ambetter again! Even if other plans are more expensive go with them it is worth it!!

Shelby

January 12th, 2018 Opa-locka, FL DETAILS

Trust me this is not the company to use for health coverage. Only if your visits to the doctors are sparse and non existent and your monthly premium is 0.00. This company doesn’t value their employees or members. They don’t provide quality training or good response times. Please only use them as a last resort and still don’t consider them even then.