Ambetter

4.9

Ambetter is the Health Insurance Marketplace (HIM) option operated by CeltiCare, which is a subsidiary of the Centene Corporation. HIM plans are intended for people who do not have health insurance coverage, and only certain customers qualify for coverage. Thus, Ambetter is somewhat of an exclusive path for health insurance.

#1 BlueCross BlueShield Logo BlueCross BlueShield ›

6.3

Overall
Score

#2 Humana Logo Humana ›

5.6

Overall
Score

#3 Aetna Logo Aetna ›

5.0

Overall
Score

#4 Ambetter Logo Ambetter

4.9

Overall
Score

The Good

• Member resources
  • Unique features
  • My Health Pays
  • Dental and vision

Member Resources

Ambetter members are given access to an online portal, through which they can make all their payments, view their plan benefits, and take care of logistics like obtaining a member ID card. The member portal offers extra features too, such as providing reminders for members when they are due for another doctor's visit or allowing them to take a health risk assessment to determine which steps they can take to live healthier. There's also a section for member news alerts and, of course, social media accounts with Ambetter that members can connect to.

If you're looking to get an Ambetter plan, you can view their health plans by first selecting the state you live in and then selecting a metal type for the plan tier you're most interested in. From there, your options open up to several different plans with varying prices and benefits.

Members can track their claims 24/7 through the online portal, as well as connect with member services or a nurse hotline at any hour of the day. The subsidy estimator in the online account also helps members see how much they would receive for reimbursement for a treatment with their benefits. Admittedly, many of the resources available to members do not extend far beyond the basic ones supplied by other health insurance companies. Nonetheless, Ambetter's online portal and customer service mediums do make members' experience more convenient and secure.

Unique Features

Ambetter provides more than just logistical tools for members. Many of the extra features they offer also send the message that they want their members to get healthier and stay healthier. These tools include a 24/7 nurse hotline that members can access for questions and medical needs. There are also health-promoting programs such as the StartSmart for Your Baby program, which provides support for expecting mothers. Ambetter has support for members coping with behavioral health issues, chronic illnesses, and similar struggles as well.

My Health Pays is a rewards program offered by Ambetter, and through it members can be reimbursed for gym memberships and even earn back money for getting a wellness exam or a flu shot. This money can then be used toward a copay or monthly premium down the road.

My Health Pays

My Health Pays is Ambetter's rewards program to provide incentives for members to live healthier with better habits. You can earn money for taking a survey provided by Ambetter, getting a flu shot, or having your wellness exam, and this money can go toward your next premium.

24/7 Nurse Line

Customers have 24/7 access to a nurse and can contact this healthcare professional for sudden medical concerns and other questions. Round-the-clock support like this adds reassurance to members' experience.

Dental and Vision

Dental and vision coverage are available with Ambetter, but the benefits and availability of each are entirely specific to the state you live in and the type of plan you've signed up for. Dental coverage, for example, is not available in Texas, but vision insurance is. Dental coverage includes exams, cleanings, and screenings, overall, and vision benefits include yearly eye exams and glasses or contacts.

The Bad

• Types of plans offered
  • Service areas
  • Service areas
  • Access to plan information

Types of Plans Offered

It's somewhat difficult to access specific information about the types of health plans Ambetter has. Their website primarily just explains the metal tiers for their plans, as well as how essential health benefits are covered by every plan. But to find out what kinds of plans these are (such as HMO, PPO, etc.), not to mention what prices and benefits you qualify for, you'll have to contact a representative.

Up front, it's important to know that Ambetter is part of the Health Insurance Marketplace (HIM). It's Centene's option for HIM plans, which is intended for people who don't have health insurance and maybe don't qualify for typical plans. In HIM territory, Medicare isn't an option, for example, because if you qualify for Medicare, that's the legal option for you to get rather than taking advantage of a plan like Ambetter's. Medicaid and CHIP are HIM plans, though.

Ambetter has PPOs, HMOs, and EPOs. They don't offer HSAs though. They've divided their plans into three metal tiers: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. All three of these tiers cover "essential health benefits," Ambetter's term for services like preventative and emergency care, therapy, behavioral health help, medications, maternity, and hospitalization. But the difference in the tiers comes in the costs for premiums and out-of-pocket expenses. Bronze plans have the lowest premiums but the highest OOP costs, and Gold has the highest premiums but the lowest OOP costs. Silver, of course, is the in the middle.

Service Areas

Ambetter plans are available in a select few states. These are Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you don't live in any of these states, then obviously Ambetter isn't an option for you.

No Mobile App

Unlike many of its competitors, Ambetter doesn't have a mobile app. Some companies provide this for members to access their accounts right from their phones, making communication and logistics much easier. Ambetter hasn't provided this yet, making account management slightly less convenient than with other companies.

Access to Plan Information

Ultimately, it's kind of hard to find specific information about the health plans at Ambetter. The company doesn't provide enough assistance with truly understanding HIM plans, knowing which types are available up front, and comparing the costs of these plans in one place.

The Bottom Line

Ambetter is somewhat of a last resort, in many ways. While its plans all have decent coverage for preventative care and some dental and vision options, they make it difficult to access full details of their various plans. This makes the company less transparent, which is ultimately more frustrating for customers. Because of its intended customer base, Ambetter is also potentially difficult to qualify for and only available in certain states. This makes the company even less of a valid option for customers around the US.

If you do become a member with Ambetter, rest assured the company provides plenty of member resources, health rewards, and extras like that 24/7 nurse line to keep you up-to-date on your health and your account. But this company is not a fully recommended option for health insurance because they lack experience, transparency, and resources that are easy to use.

We recommend you compare Ambetter with other health insurance companies to ensure you make the best decision for your health care needs.

G.Mostafa

December 13th, 2017 Columbus, GA DETAILS

They have the absolute worst customer service I have ever come in contact with, you can't even get someone to answer the most simple questions. They just transfer you around and everyone says the same thing and then you get hung up on.

Merideth

December 11th, 2017 Dunedin, FL DETAILS

The worst marketplace insurance. Total scam. I’ve called about 15 times to update my kids primary care physicians and have been told 15 times they are updated and correct but they arent. I’m paying for a health insurance I can’t use. We pay $1400 a month for a plan that people get for free since it is a Medicaid company. Doctors don’t take it. Do not use or buy this insurance. It is awful and they should be ashamed of themselves for the company they are running.

Hunter

December 4th, 2017 Memphis, TN DETAILS

DO NOT USE AMBETTER/MAGNOLIA After I moved out of their coverage zone, they essentially refused to cancel my coverage even though I was no longer eligible for it. On the phone, they assured me that my coverage was terminated, then I was charged for another month. When I called back, they said I was still enrolled and then REFUSED TO terminate my coverage. I eventually had to do a three way call with ambetter and the healthcare marketplace just to ensure they would terminate my coverage. They told me I would be refunded for the month I was wrongly charged for, but I never received that money. I've been considering calling and asking about that money, but losing that much money might be worth it to never have to deal with this horrible organization again.

Ryan

December 3rd, 2017 Auburn, WA

BUYER BEWARE. As you go shopping for a plan for next year beware that the silver plans are a joke. Its basically a catastrophic plan in a silver coat. If you go to the ER you will have to pay the entire deductible of around $6500 before they start paying a dime. Don't say you weren't warned.

Lori

November 30th, 2017 Dallas, TX DETAILS

If I could put a 0 I would! This is the biggest waste of your money. Find something else!

Marie Orelus

November 29th, 2017 Delray Beach, FL

Absolutely worst, crappy system. Getting through customer service is a hassle takes a lifetime. Their website is absolutely trash.

Fany

November 29th, 2017 Orlando, FL DETAILS

RUN FROM THIS INSURANCE! AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEIR INSURANCE, THEY ARE UNABLE TO GIVE YOU ANY INFORMATION, CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS SOUND LIKE THEY ARE SLEEPING AND NOT WORKING!

Alastair

November 29th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

Terrible. Incompetent. Dishonest. Other than that, all good.

Kimberly Mcfall

November 28th, 2017 Strongsville, OH DETAILS

I have not seen my rewards for the gym. I called they say someone else takes care of it. I called them and got no where. My reward card didn't work. They were supposed to send me new ones and never did. Finding a provider is harder than you expect. Even the brand new updated book they sent me half the doctors offices I called said they don't except buckeye. Don't waste your time here.

Kat

November 24th, 2017 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

Why isn’t “No stars” an option? I underwent cancer treatment 18 months ago, and due to all other insurances leaving The Marketplace for 2017, I was stuck with Ambetter as they were the only insurance offered. I was to have a PET scan every 6 months as a follow up protocol for the next few years, because, well- cancer. My PET scan in April was denied by Ambetter. They authorized a CT scan, and of a smaller body region. After finding enlarged lymph nodes in September, another PET was ordered. Denied. But they authorized a CT, which showed nothing. I then had an ultrasound and needle aspirates. Positive for cancer. A PET was order again to find out where else the cancer may have spread. Denied! Come on!! My oncologist spent 30 minutes on the phone with Ambetter to get it approved! Can’t wait to see what else they deny. If I they had authorized the PET back in March, I may not be in the boat I am now. Thanks Ambetter for toying with my life.

Powell

November 22nd, 2017 Temple, TX DETAILS

This Company is bad no Doctor will be in the network and the Doctors that are or the one Doctor I found was rude. Like my problems and time were beneath him. Ambetter service center there nice people, but my claims have been denied due to them. Overall I spent a year with no doctor and afraid to see someone because of it. I certainly can not afford 3-4hundred dollars a visit. In short use another insurance. provider if at all possible. I give no star if I could. But you wouldn't see if I didn't.

Maria Alvarado

November 22nd, 2017 Harlingen, TX DETAILS

All the folks that gave a 1 star need to learn to read to take advantage of the benefits. Just follow the rules . I'll bet this year of 2017 they have paid about $200,000 in benefits with a $600.00 deductible!! Just pay attention to your account on line. Learn to use the online resources . They have several very good providers on network!!! I signed up again for 2018!!

MVK

November 21st, 2017 Riverview, FL DETAILS

Only use them as a very last resort. They do not offer any providers on their plan, website is inaccurate and the customer service is nonexistent. Very uncomfortable with the providers and Ambetter with the lack of knowledge they have.

Ross Kleman

November 20th, 2017 Decatur, GA

BEWARE, call any Dr they are advertising as 'in network.' This company is dishonest. Marketplace website and their rep on the phone told me three of my five main family Doctors are in their network. When I called the Dr offices they all reported that they haven't been, are not now, and aren't going to be next year covering their insurance. One said they aren't accepting new Dr members even if they wanted to join. I have reported them to the Georgia Insurance Board and would ask you to as well if you find these illegal practices. Once you sign up you are stuck with them for a year and as you can see from the reviews, no one is happy. I told them of this and a week later all three doctors remain listed as 'in network.' You will regret signing up with this terrible company.

Tamara

November 8th, 2017 Canton, GA DETAILS

I will tell you they are great however-- warning-- you must use their in-network dr's. I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer had to get a total thyroidectomy - radiation, etc. They were awesome. I did have to drive about an hour into Atlanta for the right care. They do have some local PCP. If I have an emergency visit to an ER- meaning my local hospital - NO COVERAGE. I have to drive an hour as there are only one or 2 hospitals in the entire area closest to me i troublesome. Just hope no emergencies pop up.

Denise M

November 7th, 2017 Garland, TX DETAILS

If I could give this company 1/2 of a star, I would... and they only get half because they covered most of my prescriptions. However, even though I live in Dallas, paid for the PPO plan at $667 a month... not one time did they actually pay a doctor's visit. NOT A SINGLE ONE! My thyroid needed to be looked at by an ENT... not some rare specialty... an Ear Nose and Throat doctor... IN Dallas. The closest one they had on the plan was in Ft Worth. I submitted everything to go through that doctor's referral process, which took 6 weeks... only to be told that the ENT that Ambetter sent me to, after being on the phone for almost an hour and a half... that doctor told me, again after 6 weeks of calling and following up... that they don't take Ambetter. Try calling ANY doctor, they have never heard of this company. This is a scam!!!!!!!! This insurance company should be put out of business... they are committing theft with every premium they collect.

Pix Smith

November 7th, 2017 Arlington, TX DETAILS

Terrible record keeping, intentionally drags their feet adding new providers. Mine has been waiting on them for over a year, and they keep saying, "30 days." Coupled with deceptive practices and advertising, as well as pricing to force other carriers out of the market, these folks ought to be first one jailed for fraudulent behavior.

Juliet

November 6th, 2017 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

If I could give a no star I would. I was on vacation, got a sinus infection, went to a Doctor in a clinic, got a bill for $424. 00 NONE will be paid because I was on vacation. I said to them, so if I went to the ER it would of been covered? They said Yes. So they would rather pay $2500.00 for an ER visit, then for a clinic visit. No wonder this country is in the mess it is. WHAT A JOKE.

Kayla

November 4th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

DO NOT BUY. It is a sham, no one takes it and they refuse to give you a doctor that is remotely close to you. I live in a major US city and they assigned me two different PCPs in smaller towns 45-60 minutes away from where I live. I live literally 1 mile from the city's "hospital district".

Danielle

November 2nd, 2017 Miami, FL DETAILS

If I could give this insurance a 0, I would. This is the worst insurance I've ever had. I called to see if the doctor I wanted to go to was covered and they told me he was. Then after I go I received a bill because he wasn't covered. Now I have been disputing this claim for 4 months. No one ever calls back when they tell me they will call me back and I can't even count how many times they've told me that they were going to escalate the issue. I can't believe how bad the customer service is because every single insurance that I have had in the past has been very helpful. I'm definitely cancelling this insurance and telling everyone I know to not waste their time and energy.

Randy Constan

November 2nd, 2017 Tampa, FL

Its a shame that this company was even allowed to qualify for ACA silver plans. By making their plans cheapest, that diminishes the tax credit based assistance to pay premiums for all plans. That would be fine, if not for the obvious reason they can make their plans so cheap: They have no doctors! Oh they have a list, but if you've had a history with other "REAL" companies like Fl-Blue, United Healthcare, Aetna, or anything like that, and have had a few medical issues, you know that you'll likely never find a single one of your doctors in the Ambetter "network", and further, none of your doctors will have even heard of Ambetter. The ACAs future is obviously in jeapardy at this point. But I still wish Ambetter was never allowed into the ACA.

Christopher Peck

November 2nd, 2017 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS

there is nothing good about this company. Premiums going up from $875 to $1200 per month, thank god my wife is eligible for a family plan at work for $484 per month for insurance 1000X better then AmWorst.

David Jackson

November 1st, 2017 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS

They don't pay for what they say they will.

Cap

November 1st, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

Terrible, terrible insurance. Have been attempting to get an approval for six months for celebrex....they should change their name to Paybetter instead of Ambetter.

Maria Garza

October 30th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Warning to all seeking an insurance plan please do not and I repeat do not go with Ambetter by Superior through the Marketplace. Its been a nightmare trying to find a doctor that takes this insurance, even facilities will not take this insurance. The doctors that see you at the hospitals that are in contract are not in contract so you will be responsible for paying these doctors hundreds to thousands of dollars. My thyroid doctor dropped me because Ambetter wouldn't pay and also because they kept sending him people to see from out of town. I am so glad that my plan ends December 31, 2017, finally this nightmare will end and I hope to pick a better insurance that pays and will be accepted by doctors.

Ranjita

October 27th, 2017 Ridgeland, MS DETAILS

I am liable to pay for the mistake made by their so-called customer service representative who was supposed to cancel my insurance from October 31st but entered November 31st on the system. Never been enrolled in such a shit Insurance Company and I warn everyone to be aware of this kind of scam they running.Now when asked for the insurance termination confirmation, they are coming up with many clauses and conditions which was never told to me when I called for the cancellation. I recommend everyone to get any other Insurance but not this one.

Nathalie Gooding

October 27th, 2017 Miami Beach, FL DETAILS

They provide decent coverage at an affordable price but their so-called "member resources" are terrible. The website in particular is very poorly designed. Links lead nowhere, information on one page contradicts another, there is little overall logic to the way information is presented and finding a doctor is the most frustrating, fruitless process ever. Calling member services is no better! Each person who answers the phone tells you something different and most are just ill-informed.

DARLENE KELLER

October 27th, 2017 Selah, WA DETAILS

If I could give this company a negative rating, I would. My primary care doctor who I have seen for over 20 years stopped accepting Ambetter insurance as did the majority of specialists in my area and one of the major hospitals. I did a search on Ambetter's web site for a primary care physician and started calling clinics and doctors on their list. Most of the doctors on Ambetter’s approved physician list were not accepting new patients or were 6 to 7 months out for an appointment. I found a doctor 50 miles from where I live that was on Ambetter’s online search list of in network physicians who was accepting new patients and could see me within two months. I specifically asked when I scheduled my appointment if they accepted Ambetter insurance. They assured that they did. I saw this doctor twice and had standard blood tests done at their clinic to the tune of about $1,000. My claim was denied. Out of network provider. I now see that this doctor is no longer on the list of network providers. No one bothered to inform me or my doctor about the change and I have a bill I cannot afford to pay. Some people say having Ambetter insurance is better that not having any insurance at all. Actually it is like having no insurance at all! Thank goodness I will be on Medicare in another few months which presented my next problem with Ambetter. I spent over 45 minutes on the phone much of which was on hold, talked to 5 different people repeating the same information trying to terminate my coverage when Medicare takes effect. When I questioned why such a simple request was so difficult for them to handle, I was rudely told that I had called the wrong number for policy termination. Gee I called the only number I had for them which was their customer service number. I repeatedly told them the date for termination which was the end of the following month which was already paid for. I even sent them an email through their web site with the termination date IN WRITING. Well they terminated my insurance one month early. Who knows how much time and effort I will need to make to try to correct this mistake. I purchased Ambetter insurance through the state change because the premium was what I could afford. I would have been far better off to have spent more and purchased insurance from a company that is reputable. Bottom line....stay away from this company. They are the worst of the worst Their insurance is worthless and their customer service representatives are ill informed, rude and imcompetant.

Chris W

October 24th, 2017 Mount Prospect, IL DETAILS

AM-WORST.. nothing Better about them! Let me start by saying the in-network doctors to choose from are horrid and often have the worst ratings and reviews as doctors. Also I found myself in an all Spanish speaking office with clearly mostly medicaid welfare patients because that's the Doctors available in Ambetter's plan! I had to stop seeing my Doctor I've had for 20 years because she isn't in Ambetter. (same for my oBGYN) Between spending 40 minutes on the phone with billing problems ( not getting my monthly premium bill properly and having no reason why) to fighting to get my stupid $25 credit for a flu shot, they make you jump through a whole bunch of hoops and I'm writing this review as I sit on yet another phone call trying to resolve this -- my 4th one within 2 weeks and about 3 hours of my life I can't get back. Ambetter has this supposedly wonderful 'My health Pays' benefit where you get $25 if you get your flu shot and you can get it at your Doctor's office or a participating pharmacy. 1st I was told to wait another week (as the credit is only supposed to take 2 to 3 weeks but this was 4 weeks later. Today is October 24th and we received the flu shot on Sept 2. Their system can't handle a pharmacy claim instead of a Dr. claim. Its unreal. I've never had to fight this hard over $25 before. Maybe they should just stop offering this benefit if they can't even follow through and honor it! We will NOT be getting Ambetter for 2018. Back to Blue Cross, Blue Shield we go!

William Sayer

October 23rd, 2017 Auburn, WA DETAILS

Do not recommend this company to anyone. They don't contract with any emergency Physicians which means they don't have to pay the bill. Then they offer to file a grievance which as I was told " basically just notes that you are unhappy with how the situation was handled.". I wouldn't let anybody I care about elect to get treated like this.

Glad to have insurance

October 20th, 2017 Boerne, TX

I have had a good experience with Ambetter, after I digested the fact that the provider directory on the web site is inaccurate & the customer service reps are pretty dumb. I apologized to my GP for being paid poorly and he said Ambetter pays him fairly. They seem slow to approve referrals: my GP had to telephone a few times to get approvals, but the MD staff in referral department was very helpful once my doc talked to them. The plan I have gives $$ incentives for taking their exercise/lifestyle quizzes, for getting a flu shot, having an annual checkup, and the money is transferred to the Ambetter credit card promptly. I am glad to have coverage and I have had no other problems. The monthly bill and the Member Explanation of Benefits is straightforward.

Brent Murphree

October 19th, 2017 Olive Branch, MS

Ambetter/Magnolia has been by far the worst health insurance company I have ever been required to use. The list of doctors that I'm allowed to see is ridiculous, getting referrals is borderline impossible, and medications most of the time are actually cheaper to purchase out of pocket than they are if you were to use your insurance. My monthly medications would end up costing me $140 more per month than if I were to just use an RX coupon website like GoodRX...and that's just terrible for an insurance company. Random generic drugs have been denied coverage because they claimed were unnecessary when it was plain as day that it was the one medication I need most for my condition and is relatively cheap compared to other drugs on the market. Customer support is severely lacking and I would almost be better off paying for my medical costs in cash rather than paying my monthly premiums - that is how sad this company is. The only problem would be if I had to go to the emergency room I would not be able to find one in my area that would accept me, and frankly is the main reason I stuck with them.

Carla Goroski

October 18th, 2017 Bothell, WA

Billing mix up and every time I call to resolve, I spend 40 minutes going over what happened, with the rep reading their records to "get up to speed". Then they ask me to mail info...which essentially goes into a black box and I never hear back from them...nothing happens...and I don't even know if they get it....but they won't us e-mail...even for "non-medical" info. Or they say they'll put in an investigation request and nothing happens...no one contacts me and the cycle continues. I call again...yada yada yada. Argh!! I had 3 months of premium payments that were sent directly (via checks) from my bank to Ambetter. They cashed the checks, but never posted them to my account. So my account showed 3 months delinquent (non-payment). They then threatened to cancel my insurance, if I didn't pay, so I paid the 3 mos again with my credit card and proceeded to work with Ambetter to resolve the issue of the unposted checks. I sent front and back copies of the checks showing that they received them. After months of prodding, they finally posted 2 of my initial 3 payments and issued me a check returning 2 months of "overpayment". It's 5 months later and Im still fighting to get them to correctly post that 3rd payment to my account.

Rob Hardy

October 16th, 2017 Liberty Hill, TX

Quite possibly the biggest scam insurance company out there. Constantly misrepresenting that they have providers that they don't, no customer service, providers hate them because they are not paying their claims - you pick it. Don't count on the Texas Department of Insurance helping you with problems - the singularly most do-nothing agency in Texas.

Stephanie Atkinson

October 14th, 2017

In network Ambetter doctors and even after a filed claim, they show they as not being in network. I have screenshots. Bills in excess of 2K. Will keep disputing.

Irina Vishneva

October 12th, 2017 Winter Park, FL

SCHAM!!!!!!!! I signed up for the insurance based on the list of providers on their website. In reality more than 95% of the providers do not take the insurance: OB GYN only takes you if you are pregnant; no updated primary care on the policy... They scheduled an appointment with a OB GYN only for me to arrive and to find out that they do not take my insurance. My primary care doctor was no longer with the insurance and they did not even know about it. Primary care doctor wait is 3 months. Dermatologist visit is only possible through a referral from primary - so good luck getting it! Zero professionalism and absolutely no doctors available! Complete misrepresentation of the health care providers on their web site! Please, call your doctor to make sure they really work with this insurance because most likely they do not

Pablo

October 11th, 2017

We called to ask a question and the lady changed the policy without our concent. We are paying 7 times more now.. And they refuse to go back to the previous plan. It indeed ruined my 15th anniversary celebration... I hate companies that get rich through dishonest gain.

Tyshonda Thomas

October 4th, 2017 Covington, GA

I recently moved from CT to GA and I was looking for health insurrance an a friend told me look at Ambetter health insurance but when I called in march they told me i had to wait until October for opening enrollement but when i called today they told me I had to wait until Novemeber to see if i can be enrolled and I will not be calling them back because I've waited long enough time for health insurance to be turn down

Terry M. Smith

September 20th, 2017

This has to be the most ghettoest company that I have ever had to deal with. All of their customer service reps all appear to be lost, uneducated and totally uninformed about any thing remotely related to AMBETTER. They all read from scipted prepared responses meant to frustrate their policy holders. If you are considering Ambetter for insurance,do yourself a favor and don't!!!!!!!!

Jerry

September 20th, 2017 Rockwall, TX

I have dealt with several different health insurance companies customer service departments over the years and have to say that without a doubt, Ambetter (who I refer to as Nobetter) has achieved the WORST customer service ranking of them all. That along with having healthcare plans that very few providers will accept, contain escape clause language so that they pay for very little if anything towards medical services, has escalated them to #1 WORST status for these areas as well. Well done Nobetter, you have managed to achieved a trifecta for of the areas I mentioned above and earned you the status as the Worst Healthcare Insurance Company out there. That is not an easy task to accomplish, as there are several to choose from, especially when there are providers like Molina out there!