Freedom Debt Relief verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

9.3

Call Now

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $4 billion in debt since their founding in 2002. The company has considerable industry experience and high customer satisfaction ratings. With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. They offer multiple debt services and are available in 34 states. However, they may have potentially higher prices than other companies in the industry.

The Good

• Excellent Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Reviews
  • Online Dashboard

Excellent Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages including:

• Minimum of $7.5k in debt to begin settlement
  • Average cost is 21.5 percent of total debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation when a consumer decides to enlist the company's services. One debt consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire settlement process. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 14 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. With their level of experience, they know that one of the most important things they can offer consumers is industry accreditations. In fact, according to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

Great Reviews

Most Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining the settlement process, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the settlement process.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts.

The Bad

• Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more than this to use FDR.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers services in only 34 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $7.5k.

Complaints

While most of the reviews for FDR are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have include the following:

• It takes too long to settle debts
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, industry experience, thoughtful debt consultants, and more. However, because their price of 20 percent of debt is an average, clients could end up paying more. We recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a low enough quote from them, and they are available in your state.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

Mary Jo

July 21st, 2017 Buffalo, NY

Nam was very helpful and thorough throughout the process. Whenever I had a question I called and left him a message and he always called me right back.

Richard

July 20th, 2017 Madison, WI

every one did what they were supposed to and it all went well:)))

Dave and Lisa Derouen

July 19th, 2017

I felt like family when I called i was so overwhelmed with my financial situation it felt like I couldn't breath, the gave me back my peace, I felt like I could breath again, I just want to thank them all

ken

July 18th, 2017 Columbia, MD

Customer Service very helpful

Richard M. Poley

July 16th, 2017 Potomac, MD

FDR has not yet discussed my situation with my creditors so I can't comment that very import issue. However... and notwithstanding I am very tardy in answering this questionnaire... my complaint with FDR so far is that FDR does NOT acknowledge my email submissions or my email questions. I do ask in my email for a response but nada, nope, nothing, nit, baste, zilch!!! How come??? Richard Poley

yoli

July 15th, 2017

I am pleased with Ryan and how informative he was he explained everything and how the program works. I was a little scared and hesitant to take a step like this but I know its for the best. I'm waiting for my welcome packet and to see how it goes I appreciate his patience and understanding with me because I ask a lot of questions but this is scary to do but sometimes you have to do what's best for you to secure your future we will see how it goes.

Joseph Lane

July 14th, 2017 Denver, CO

It was a easy process my rep all explained everything though I'm glad I contacted them

Daniel Simons

July 13th, 2017 Glasgow, KY

Megan did a great job getting me all set up in the program. Thanks Megan

Elizabeth Pratt-McRae

July 12th, 2017

Pushy representative. Felt like she had better clients to work with than me.

Jo

July 11th, 2017

Gordon was lots friendly than some other companies I contacted.

Victor Perez

July 8th, 2017

Very will knowledgeable people! Mr H explained everything to and made it easy for me to pick Freedom Debt Relief!

Dina Ritz

July 7th, 2017 Rosemead, CA

Its a little early to review everything because I just got started and this is a rough decision for anyone to make. So far I have had great people to work with but we will see how the program progresses later.

Pearl Jones

July 6th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

Every one thatI I spoke with was very very belpful and professional. I say thank you all, for all help.

Robert V. Swindall

July 3rd, 2017

Have only just signed up and made first installment. The process thus far has been smooth and the contact persons have been helpful and very courteous. Time will tell on the rest of the process as it continues. So far, so good.

Dwayne Jones

July 1st, 2017

So far so good!! I have not received a call from a bill collector in weeks!! Freedom Debt relief gave me a peace of mind.

Ellen M. Best

June 30th, 2017 North Myrtle Beach, SC

All the contacts and people I have received emails and calls from have been professional but kind and caring. They write and speak in a way that's easy to understand and comprehend . Thank you for your outstanding services.

Susan Mantoulis

June 29th, 2017 East Bridgewater, MA

I have had the most rewarding experience anyone could ask for. Everyone that I spoke to was very courteous and understanding, they wanted to help me with everything they had. I would recommend Freedom Debt Relief to everyone, to me they're number 1. Thank you FDR.

vincent swann

June 28th, 2017 Toledo, OH

So far everything seems to be going to planOnly one creditor has called.i woyuld suspect as time goes on more will begin to call. then I will be able to make better evaluation of the company's program.

Emily Vorreyer

June 28th, 2017

The salesman was very knowledgeable in providing the information I needed to lower my debt. Customer service was very kind and courteous.

SUSANRENEE OLIVER

June 24th, 2017 New York, NY

Freedom Debt Relief is helping me resolve my debt within a reasonable amount of time. I'm looking forward to my debt being resolved and I will be able to breathe this experience has taught me to be more cautious about using credit cards

Koren Lentz

June 21st, 2017 Tallahassee, FL

Very clear and simple to use. On-line tools are easy to navigate.

chad towsley

June 20th, 2017 Edgewood, MD

Friendly and easy to work with. Very professional and responsive to all your needs.

R. Walker

June 15th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

No pressure tactics from these guys. have been a pleasure to work with.

shirley Steele

June 14th, 2017 Chillicothe, OH

I am so pleased with Freedom Debt Relief.. They all have so kind to me. They are doing a wonderful job for me. I'm very grateful. Thanks so much

Elena Young

June 11th, 2017 Sugar Land, TX

For the most part FDR has been helping me to get out of debt by lowering the amount I owe to creditors. My complaint is lack of communication. I've been trying to get 1 of my accounts to be considered paid off for 10 months now. FDR posted in my client dashboard that the last payment was TBD (since 8/30/2016), under the statement for the account the amount of payment is listed and that the payment was mailed. Yet it is still not listed as being completed. I've inquired about this at least 10 times and only once has any one even reached out to me and that was to apologize and to give them 30 days to get it resolved. That was 2 months ago! It's aggravating that no one responds to me, nor answer my questions, nor can figure out the issue. For the amount I'm paying for the service, I don't believe asking for answers to my questions is unreasonable.

Jared Goldstein

June 8th, 2017 Deerfield Beach, FL

you could not ask for a better debt consolidation company...they are totally committed to solving your problems

Steven Riddell

May 22nd, 2017

I was unsure about this kind of program but the sales person made me feel very relieved and confident that I will succeed with the program.

Richard Gallagher

May 22nd, 2017

a little slower than expected but proceeding are fair i guess I thought settlements would have been more then one at a time then the fee's for the first settlement are high could have used the fee to settle a smaller debt oh well it is what it is hopefully it picks up soon

Diane Wolfe

May 18th, 2017 Northfield, OH

FDR has already set up one contract to pay off one of the larger debts. Hoping to pay off all debt before my 3 year plan.

Larry Mennefee

May 17th, 2017

So far l feel your company has help me get back on track with my debt

Adrienne

May 12th, 2017

Easy to work with, great at explaining how the process works!

Barbara Benton

May 11th, 2017 Pine Bluff, AR

This program was very helpful for me and took away all of the stress I was under.

Emmett Tramill

May 11th, 2017 Evansville, IN

Great customer service. Nice people to work with.

Alisha Barney

May 10th, 2017 Vernal, UT

Cheyenne was very patient, and helpful! Freedom debt relief got all the help that I needed, at a lower payment than I expected! Thank you very much for your help, this takes a hugh load off my mind, I can sleep better not worring about how I am going to catch up on my payments.

Trina Y Hinton

May 10th, 2017

I could not ask for a better debt relief program. They do what they say they will do.I would recommend them highly to anyone looking to get out of debt. I thought I would never get out of debt,but when I found this program I was well on my way.Thank you so much!

Diana Goudy

May 10th, 2017 Solon, OH

Freedom Debt Relief has been a great blessing, because even though I was making my monthly payments to creditors, I was getting nowhere and only digging myself into a deeper hole by being eaten alive with high interest. With the help of Freedom Debt Relief and the good Lord above, I'll be debt free in May of 2020.

Dennis Browning

May 10th, 2017 Cottonwood, CA

FDR exceeded my expectations in every category. They deliver on every promise, and work diligently to ensure every detail is considered. Customer service is always helpful, personable and thorough. My staggering debt and unique blend of creditors was navigated with professional determination and a level of personal attention that made it seem easy - and it was all resolved in a single year! They have earned my sincere gratitude and respect.

May 9th, 2017 Columbus, OH

I was thinking about bankruptcy and I went to a bankruptcy attorney but I decided that I didn't wanna do the bankruptcy so the attorney actually recommended Freedom Debt Relief. The entire experience has been really positive. I get emails from them all the time with the progress.

Becky Ridlehoover

May 9th, 2017 Alabaster, AL

Freedom Debt Relief is good. So far they done everything they said they'll gonna do.

Edward Ashmore

May 9th, 2017 Flower Mound, TX

I saved quite a bit of money. They always communicated with me through texts. I feel good and very very confident about signing up with them.