Freedom Debt Relief verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

9.3

Call Now

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $4 billion in debt since their founding in 2002. The company has considerable industry experience and high customer satisfaction ratings. With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. They offer multiple debt services and are available in 34 states. However, they may have potentially higher prices than other companies in the industry.

The Good

• Excellent Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Reviews
  • Online Dashboard

Excellent Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages including:

• Minimum of $7.5k in debt to begin settlement
  • Average cost is 21.5 percent of total debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation when a consumer decides to enlist the company's services. One debt consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire settlement process. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 14 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. With their level of experience, they know that one of the most important things they can offer consumers is industry accreditations. In fact, according to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

Great Reviews

Most Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining the settlement process, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the settlement process.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts.

The Bad

• Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more than this to use FDR.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers services in only 34 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $7.5k.

Complaints

While most of the reviews for FDR are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have include the following:

• It takes too long to settle debts
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, industry experience, thoughtful debt consultants, and more. However, because their price of 20 percent of debt is an average, clients could end up paying more. We recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a low enough quote from them, and they are available in your state.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

Marilyn Bringhurst

October 19th, 2017 Aylett, VA

I FOUND THEM TO BE REALLY SLOW STILL WAITING ON APPLYING MY DEBTS !

Curtis Morrison

October 18th, 2017 Sedona, AZ

We have been working with Freedom Debt Relief a short time but they have been there for us answerig our questions & telling us what to expect very happy with them helping us with our debts thank you for everyone we’ve come in contact with

Ken J

October 11th, 2017

So far so good. The company itself is doing what they advertise and I am happy with the service. They use an outside sales force that could represent them better though.

Huidai Kim

October 10th, 2017

I have been enrolled nine month and nothing happened. My credit score has been drop to 540. I don’t recommend this program.

Akash

October 6th, 2017

I have lost my job and I don't have that much money so I can pay off my credit then I talk to freedom debt relief company they are help me out best way..and I appreciate for they help me best ..

Judith Murray

October 5th, 2017 Roscommon, MI

I am very new to this. I called customer service Monday morning to ask a couple questions after I received my official welcome package. The customer service rep was extremely helpful and made me feel at ease. The person I talked to when I initially signed up was also very informed and efficient. I'm looking forward to this business arrangement.

M L GILBERT

October 4th, 2017 Kennesaw, GA

Everyone has been so kind, knowledgeable, helpful and on the spot for all questions and answers. they get the info and job done quickly as possible. Keeping you informed as to all things happening.

Salvatore Tartaglia

October 3rd, 2017

Very helpful and precise

T Carter

October 1st, 2017

People were respectful, considerate and answered all of our questions. They explained the entire process and made sure we understood every step of the pr0cess. I would recommend them to anyone.

Dorothy Falk

September 28th, 2017 Austin, TX

All the people I have talked to at FDR have been very friendly and most helpful! Great company! Can hardly wait for my bills to be paid off!!

Veronica G

September 27th, 2017

They have provide excellent customer service since day one! Very informational, eager to help and extremely considerate of my situation.

Alison

September 24th, 2017 Hopewell Junction, NY

Very friendly and helpful staff. Positive experience.

Christy Boudreaux

September 23rd, 2017 Mandeville, LA

Finally a company that follows through on what they claim they do. I have dealt with other companies of this nature, and they did not follow through. Freedom Debt Relief has done an excellent job in a few short months.

J Corral

September 12th, 2017

Very good and well explained

George Pelonis

September 7th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

I had a Credit Score of over 750. Since becoming a Freedom Debt Relief customer my Credit Score has dropped to 554. This is not acceptable to me. Taking way to much time dealing with my creditors. NOT satisfied. George Pelonis

Shawmarie Jeffery

August 30th, 2017 Shreveport, LA

So far, we have been quite pleased with the results of signing on with Freedom Deb Relief. They have successfully negotiated a payoff for one of our two accounts. The ONLY downfall I see, is that the length of time in the program changes . . . often . . . with no explanation. So please be mindful of that. Ours has gone from 2018 to 2023 and we have paid off one account - so not sure how this is working.

Darlene Lang

August 28th, 2017 Rochester, NY

EVERYONE HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL. THEY ALL SEEM VERY INFORMATIVE.

Unknown

August 27th, 2017 Midland, MI

I started in may with the program. I worked so hard before to get my credit card score up I. Three months in the program and it's dropped 125 points. I have an issue with one bill collector and I called client services and was told to keep at it with the program! I am! But it is stressful!! Going to keep on it because I can see the savings on each agreement with creditors.

Tommie Roberts

August 25th, 2017

They will work very hard for you.

MARIAN STEPHENS

August 23rd, 2017 Lawton, OK

Everyone was so courteous and helpful.

Ted Blodgett

August 22nd, 2017

Everything so far has been very well done. Personal and friendly interactions matched with business-like professionalism.

Amanda

August 21st, 2017

Caesar was extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. He made sure we understood everything and was kind in doing so. He didn't make us feel bad about ourselves and was very understanding. We are very thankful we worked with him!

Linda H. Sankey

August 19th, 2017 New Castle, PA

I have been with FDR for a short time. I have to say Jeremiah Johnson is a very compassion knowledgeable gentleman. He explained the program in great detail. I was nervous and anxious but he put my mind at ease. All the people I have talked to have been very friendly and helpful.

Merima meggi

August 18th, 2017 Bronx, NY

Great costumer service, response prompt, everything explained clearly to me

Les Bishop

August 17th, 2017 Irving, TX

Daniel was excellent as a company representative. Explained things clearly & patiently. Helped us through the process.

Michael Barrett

August 12th, 2017 Grand Forks, ND

We just started the process but so far everything has really made us relieved. We feel the customer service has been wonderful and we have received the materials promised.

Pamela Weir

August 11th, 2017 Irving, TX

Wonderful and caring people who really want to see others debt free and living stress free and debt free lives.

James E glover Jr

August 10th, 2017

Every one at freedom debt relief have been great to work with and they have answered all my questions.

Donald Elliott

August 9th, 2017

I was behind on Credit Cards, and I just needed a way out. The representatives were friendly, nice, and helpful. This was definitely better than bankruptcy

Sherry young

August 9th, 2017

Easy and polite

Ramona Doria

August 4th, 2017 Twin Falls, ID

I spoke to Frank A on getting help on getting all my credit card consolidated. I was very please on all the help and the time that he took to explain to me the way the program work.

LAURIE KOLL

August 3rd, 2017 Saint Cloud, MN

THEY ARE VERY THOROUGH AND GO THROUGH EVERYTHING WITH YOU, I FEEL LIKE I CAN FINALLY BREATH NOW, KNOWING IT WILL ALL BE PAID OFF IN 4 YEARS INSTEAD OF 26 YEARS

Mary Gardner

August 2nd, 2017 Wildwood, FL

I feel very good about my choice to go with Freedom to resolve my debts. They have been great. I am so relieved to know that my debts can be paid in four years.

Gilbert Garcia

July 30th, 2017 Pomona, CA

I called to get help because I was just making minimum payments on my cards and not getting anywhere. Freedom Debt Relief explained how they could help me.

Suzanne Davidson

July 28th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

Freedom Debt Relief has been heaven sent. Yes there was a lot of paperwork involved but they are doing a great job. They have settled with two of my creditors already. I was worried for a bit as they took a little time getting back to me on email, but they are very good when you call in. A big thank you to all!!

Nerita Johnson

July 27th, 2017 Charlotte, NC

Applied for Debt help, they were very professional & got right on it & help me set things up. Truly great people to talk to.

Reynold Williams

July 26th, 2017

Lindsey is very helpful and explains everything

Michael Moses

July 25th, 2017 Gastonia, NC

Gave great info on reducing debt.

nh h

July 23rd, 2017 Iowa Falls, IA

there needs to be more follow up to ensure all of the required documentation has been submitted by the customer and it's taking to long for the notices to be sent to the creditors. this would help alleviate the phone calls and abuse if they were notified in a timely manner.

Matt

July 22nd, 2017 Lakewood, NY

When I called the people where very knowledgeable and helpful. They did not judge me based on my situation. They just wanted to help me dig out of the hole I put myself in. I would highly recommend them to anyone in credit trouble.