Omega Auto Care

9.0

Omega Auto Care is a car warranty provider. Mechanical car repairs can be costly and Omega aims to "take the stress out of auto repairs and surprise maintenance" for car owners with its quality car protection. Its vehicle service contract covers the repair bill, based on the level of coverage you choose.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Robert

"Each time I have needed them they have been there. It takes very little effort. The dealership contacts them in a timely manner and expedites the repairs on my vehicle. When I've had an issue they've been very responsive to my needs."

View Omega Auto Care Customer Reviews

Omega Auto Care provides car warranty plans which are different from a factory warranty because they can be purchased outside of the automotive company that the car was purchased from. Omega Auto Care strives to offer quality customer service and simple car warranty auto repair claims. Omega Auto Care also offers a maintenance benefit package that is complimentary during the first year. This repair offer makes Omega Auto Care stand out from other car warranty companies.

Omega Auto Care refunds the posted labor rates at repair facilities instead of refunding the national average, which can be lower than posted labor rates. This reimbursement method benefits Omega Auto Care clients by ensuring that they do not have to worry about paying the difference between the national average and the listed rates. Omega Auto Care is also a member of the Vehicle Protection Association.

The Good

• Provides a Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Roadside Assistance for All
  • Available in 46 States
  • Customer Service
  • Additional Maintenance Coverage

Provides a Variety of Plans

Omega Auto Care offers vehicle owners three different warranty coverage protection plans, common to the industry

• New Exclusionary
  • Used Stated Coverage
  • Powertrain Protection

The cost for each of these plans varies, but the extended auto warranty prices at Omega Auto Care start at $59.99.

New Exclusionary Plan

The New Exclusionary Plan is a vehicle warranty for models that are no older than seven years and have less than 100,000 odometer miles when the customer purchases the contract. This plan offers the company's highest level of coverage, out of all the vehicle service contracts offered by Omega Auto Care. It offers comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Used Stated Coverage

The Used Stated Coverage Plans are for vehicles that are no older than ten years and have less than 150,000 odometer miles. This plan offers slightly less coverage than the New Exclusionary plan. Still, it offers nearly comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Powertrain Protection Plan

The Powertrain Protection Plan is for car models that are less than 15 years old and have less than 250,000 odometer miles. The Powertrain coverage options have three different options; Powertrain Enhanced, Powertrain Plus, and Powertrain. The Powertrain Plan has the least amount of coverage, then Powertrain Plus, followed by Powertrain Enhanced.

All three Powertrain plans offer coverage on many components of the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and more. However, they have limitations when it comes to the A/C, steering, brakes, suspension, and other areas of the car.

Roadside Assistance for All

Each contract with Omega Auto Care includes 24-hour roadside assistance, which consists of the following benefits:

• towing
  • jump starts
  • partial reimbursement for flat tire repairs
  • vehicle fluid delivery
  • lockout services
  • flat tire repair payment help
  • rental car reimbursement
  • trip interruption assistance

Available in 46 States

Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states in the United States, including Washington, D.C. Omega Auto Care’s wide range of coverage makes it possible for more cars to be covered.

FYI, Omega Auto Care does not currently offer warranty plans in the following four states:

• California
  • Minnesota
  • Rhode Island
  • Washington

Overall, according to the reviews found on Best Company, Omega Auto Care customers are fairly satisfied with their customer service experience. Many of the verified Omega Auto Care reviews mention Omega Auto Care’s customer service and claim filing system as a strong point. Customers report that its customer service is friendly, knowledgeable, and quick when it comes to their questions and car repairs.

Whenever customers experience a problem with their vehicles, Omega Auto Care advises that they immediately pull over and call the roadside assistance provider included in their warranty. The tow company will tow the customer's vehicle to a nearby repair facility. When it comes to filing a claim, the customer first needs to call Omega Auto Care to begin the claim process. From there, Omega Auto Care will make sure that the customer's car is diagnosed to determine where the car failure is occurring.

The customer can utilize the rental car option if the maintenance repair is approved. Omega Auto Care keeps the claim system as simple as possible by picking the customer up, towing the vehicle to the repair shop, providing a rental car, and paying the maintenance bill for the repair services. Omega Auto Care strives to make it easy to take advantage of its vehicle protection coverage.

Additional Maintenance Coverage

Omega Auto Care is one of the only providers that offer a free maintenance benefit package with their plans. The maintenance benefits include oil changes, a battery change, a brake pad replacement, cooling system maintenance and lube, and safety inspections. This maintenance package can be valued at up to $500.

The Bad

• No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles
  • Limited Coverage Plans

No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

While Omega Auto Care covers most vehicle makes and models, it does not offer coverage for luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc.

Limited Coverage Plans

While Omega Auto Care offers three different extended warranty plans, there are other vehicle warranty companies that offer more warranty options. Furthermore, if a car is older than 15 years or has more miles than 250,000 odometer miles, there are no car warranty plans available through Omega Auto Care.

The Bottom Line

Choosing the right service contract for you from a trustworthy warranty company is essential. Omega Auto Care offers its clients plenty of coverage options to choose from to ensure they can get the amount of coverage right for them. Omega Auto Care is available almost everywhere in the United States, making it accessible for most people.

Omega Auto Care offers quality customer assistance to answer your questions quickly and process your claims promptly.

If Omega Auto Care interests you, call an Omega Auto Care representative to ensure the company offers coverage in your area and for your vehicle.

Johnnie Johnson Chicago, IL

Good in the areas of communication of my situations

Raquel New Orleans, LA

So far so good. The staff is very helpful and they make sure to take care of your needs.

P. Mills Frederick, MD

3 experience. Deliver what is promised. Will assess more as we go along.

Gralyn Chevy Chase, MD

They have great service. Omega is very dependable. I needed a part replaced in my AC and they took care of their portion with no problems.

James Edgewater, FL

It was no problem getting my oil changed. The dealership contacted omega and they said yes and they paid it in a timely manner. I am really impressed.

Phyllis Milwaukee, WI

I’ve used it for oil change and as of now it is good. I want to keep my car running well.

John Plunkett Mobjack, VA

I got the free oil change! The service call to get this done was professional and friendly.

Mar. 5th, 2021

KSJ

Good ones every person I spoke with was professional

They are willing to work with me and adjusted the price to a level that I could handle a little better. I understand the benefits and the pricing. I recently used it for a refund for an oil change.

Have made one warranty clain thus far. Omega was very prompt and accurate in answering my questions and explaining what's covered. Mostly they worked directly with my service provider.

Diane

I was able to use the insurance to get my oil changed and it all worked out successfully. They paid for almost all of it. I was having an issue where each month someone would constantly be calling me asking if I have the insurance and I kept telling them I had them and hadn't cancelled it yet.

Tony

I like everything about Omega Auto Care except for how long it takes for reimbursement. If you pay out of pocket and do reimbursement it can take up to two months to get a check.

Patricia

They are very prompt in resolving issues in their customer service department. I have liked using the Mechanic's Choice portion of our warranty that reimburses us for some of the cost for battery replacement and oil changes.

I've used my warranty a few times and every time that I have it's been great. If I've had an issue with my vehicle it's been covered and taken care of. Their customer service is pretty good other than waiting a long time to get through to them.

K. Kelly

I have had to use it twice and was satisfied both times. The garage was surprised it covered maintenance items.

David Scottsville, KY

The first time I used Omega’s warranty was for my rotors and with their help I paid for everything. The only negative thins was the time I took it to the dealership and it took months to get anything done.

Michael Newton Grove, NC

They were very helpful when I called customer service. I have used it only to get my oil changed.

Rashad Waldorf, MD

Thought it was great though it is kind of hard to solve over the phone.

Godfrey Centreville, MD

It is a good deal. I use it to deal with the regularly scheduled maintenance.

Stanley

They took care of the problem without any questions, just a little trouble getting ahold of them.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

I apologize for the trouble you had getting hold of us. Due to the pandemic we were short handed for a while, but we have been working diligently to get everything back in order. We appreciate your patience, and for choosing Omega Auto Care

Sep. 4th, 2020

Yetta

They were absolutely great. They ask for information and I get the work done with just my hundred dollar deductible.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

WE appreciate your business!

Sep. 4th, 2020

Naea

Save me time and money my car working just fine

Rick Wamego, KS

There's a lack of communication between the people that did service work on the car and Omega. When I talked to a supervisor, a lot was cleared up but they had to apologize for the missed communication and explain why things were like they were.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for your understanding Rick. Sometimes miscommunications happen even when people are trying their best, so we greatly appreciate that you were so understanding, and still gave us a great star rating. We appreciate you being part of the Omega Auto Care family

Carson Clarksville, TN

They've done everything but it just took a little longer. There are a few hoops to jumpt through. IT wasn't as clean or easy as first discussed.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Carson, I am sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the timing of your claim. We certainly try to process claims as fast as we possible can, and I would agree that your should have been handled a little fast. I apologize for the delay, and hope we have a chance to show you our best in the future. Sincerely, Omega Auto Care

Troy Saint Albans, WV

I've only used it once to get my air conditioning fixed and I got good service and had no problems.

Gervon Jacksonville, FL

I have omega to ensure that I save the most money by having a policy that will cover any unexpected maintenance. The time I needed to utilize the service, it was available to me without any difficulty. My air-conditioning unit went out and I took it to the dealership and they able to get a contracted approved and fixed it.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Having your AC go out when it's hot is obviously not ideal, so we are happy we were able to help you with that. Thank you for the positive review!

Daniel Orlando, FL

Convenient rate and they cover and pay out fairly promptly. When you call you do have to defend your claims and have an understanding of what is covered and what is not.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Daniel, It sounds like you are referring to the repair facility having to show "cause of failure". This is actually done for the benefit of both of us. We need to make sure that we are replacing the correct part so that you don't end up back at the shop in a few days with the same issue because the wrong part was replaced. I hope this clarifies things a bit. Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Jonathan Miami, FL

They're very trustworthy. They product they offer and the services they cover is what we needed them to cover. It is always a straightforward process with the couple of issues we've had arise. It was a little confusing the first time, but the representative walked me through it.

Anonymous Luttrell, TN

Recently I had to use omega on the mount field belt cover thing. It was a necessary and expensive repair and I am thankful I have this extended warranty to help pay for it. They are efficient answering the phone and my questions and they are reliable when I need help. Thank goodness I can send in receipts and get reimbursed on larger expenses though I have difficulty getting reimbursed on routine maintenance.

Ruby

They've been true to their word. I like the plan they gave me as a senior citizen.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

We appreciate your great star rating!

Steven

I had some initial difficulties with payment. You didn't tell me how to pay.That probably could have been done a little more professionally. I think the service is fine once I got past the initial billing question.

Thank you for sharing!

Allen

They've had no issue covering everything that I needed to be covered. The work well with the mechanics that I use.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

We appreciate you taking time to share your opinion, and we appreciate your business. Have a great day and stay safe!

May. 22nd, 2020

Hilda Penuela

Satisfactory. Couple of smooth repairs Managed successfully this far.

Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care

May. 22nd, 2020

Nisha Robisnon

There was bit of a learning curve for my first transaction however so far so good

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for sharing Nisha! If you need additional clarification on something moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer service team. We have several knowledgeable reps standing by to assist you. Regard, Omega Auto Care 877-850-0443

May. 11th, 2020

Joyce Sheats

Very helpful and engaging, I received a reimbursement in approximately 5 weeks from the time of the service to my car.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

5 weeks is a little longer than our normal processing time, but we were still a little behind from the holidays. We appreciate your patience and continued patronage . Than you for being part of the Omega Auto Care family.

Steve Ornberg Naperville, IL

Ok so far. Have only submitted maintenance clams.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Vicky'

They assist me with all my needs and they are nice and it is not hard to handle. My tires were bad and I called them and they took care of the maximum amount they could and I just paid the difference.

David

Once I convinced my mechanic to deal with them, payment was made quickly and there was very little heartache and everything went okay. I've had two break downs that would have cost me thousands of dollars so I don't mind paying the hundred twenty dollars a month.

Feb. 19th, 2020

Lynnetta Stockbridge, GA

When I go for service, there is no hassle or struggle whatsoever. I had to get a new battery and I took it to autozone and then scanned the receipt and they said they would reimburse me, it wasn't a problem at all.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

We are always working to make sure our processes are as hassle free as possible, so thank you for sharing the great feedback.

Paul West Palm Beach, FL

The people that answer the phones are very polite and they listen to what you have to say. You don't have to wait long to get a response and to get approved.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for the great rating Paul.

William Dodge City, KS

I used it to repair something. It went good. They paid for everything they were supposed to. They are not always there when I need them but they are good at getting back to me.'

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for the feedback William. We are open M-F 7-7 cst for claims, and 8-5:30 cst for customer service. Claim sis also open Saturday 7:30am-1pm cst. If we are busy, you can always request a callback through our automatic system, and one of our representatives will call you back within 10 minutes. I hope this helps, and thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care.

Shaquiras Lithonia, GA

Customer service is great. I call them anytime I need something done. I needed to use my warranty in October when my transmission when out and my experience wasn't great. They took a long time to get my transmission and everything done. As far as my policy, they said I would get a rental car when my car needed service, but it was inaccurate because they expect it to come out of your pocket. They don't stipulate that when you sign up for their service. They can do better with communication and stipulation. And they can also do better as far as understanding that some customers have more of a difficult time making sure that payment is paid within 30 days before they close the account out. I think it should be 60 days. They should allow you a little more time.

Brandy Smith Ponca City, OK

So far it has been okay, we have only used it for oil changes and one tire rotation at this point

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for choosing Omega Auto Care!

Jan. 3rd, 2020

Shannon Sanders

We've had good experience with this company, the only thing I didn't understand is why they didn't cover my backup camera cuz it's on the tailgate and it wasn't an add-on it was part of the truck when I bought it. Besides that I would get it again and recommend it to my family and friends.

Rachel mehanna

Very good helpful great on saving money best custoemr service

Michael Schultz

I was given 1 yr wearables with my warranty. So far they forfilled the oil change wearable with no problems or issues.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for the great rating.

Nov. 11th, 2019

John Garnerville, NY

It looked like a pretty good deal because of the options available. I get cash back towards oil changes. It would be better if there was like an app instead of having to send receipts off.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for the feedback. Since the maintenance program is fairly new, we are continuously working on ways to improve our processes and make it easier to submit your reimbursement requests. To avoid it all together you can call us at the time of service, and we can pay directly to the shop instead. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our office. Sincerely, Omega Auto Care

Nov. 11th, 2019

John

It was pretty good but it took far longer than I think it should have to resolve my issue that I needed to use it for. My transmission was going bad on my car and I needed to get it fixed and I took it to the dealer because they met all the criteria for the insurance and it was weeks before I got my car back. I think it is important because with out some kind of warranty, when things come up you're unable to provide your own payments so it is good to have backup so I do think signing up was a good decision and not a waste of money.

Reagan Baytown, TX

For the most part it was a really enjoyable experience. They handled it pretty quickly and I didn't have to pay out of pocket, I only had to do an hundred dollar deductible, which was nothing compared to the real price. It is very affordable. Customer support was always helpful and answered all my questions in detail and never made me fell like I was asking too may questions. I was very satisfied.

Lindsey Quincy, FL

Customer support answers my questions and they tell me exactly what I want. They have a great service and a great deal.

Reply from Omega Auto Care

Thank you for the 5-star rating!

Oct. 29th, 2019