Mopar Vehicle Protection Logo

Mopar Vehicle Protection

Is This Your Business?

2.3

LAST UPDATED: June 18th, 2022

Mopar Vehicle Protection has over 35 years of experience and offers drivers extended coverage plans that go beyond a vehicle's factory warranty. All Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT®, and Alfa Romeo vehicles and most (but not all) competitive make vehicles are eligible for a Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan.

Drivers can also rest easy knowing that Mopar Vehicle Protection employs certified, factory-trained technicians, has in stock genuine Mopar parts and is backed by the FCA US LLC.

Whether your car is new, pre-owned, or leased, Mopar Vehicle Protection offers several reliable and comprehensive plan options.

1.5

Larry Ross Orlando, FL

I purchased the MaxCare Lifetime Plan in 2014 for my 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel for $3,600.00. I gave Mopar Warranty a 3 rating because I have used it and it did save me a sizable amount of money. But to my understanding the original company I purchased my plan from have since sold to another company identified as "Stellantis US LLC operating out of Auburn Hills Mi. I took my Durango to the dealership as a result of a message on my dashboard "FCW NOT WORKING" The mechanic contact dodge engineer to discover why this message was popping up. It was determined that there is a sensor "ATTACHED" to my "Right Headlight" and a wire coming / going to that sensor have a shortage in it. The manor in which the sensor is attached to the headlight requires the "ENTIRE" "HEADLIGHT" to be replaced. Now here is the "RUB"., My warranty Do Not Cover "Headlights Replacement". Now contrast that with this, at the same time my Durango FCW 'Shortage" was being addressed, my "Backup Camera was also being repaired due to a "SHORTAGE", which is covered under my "Mopar Warranty". So a "Shortage" is covered in a $200.00 backup camera, but a "Shortage" is not covered in the $1,060.00 "FCW Harness" because it is attached to my headlight which bye the way works properly low beams & high beams. Now I ask you, do anyone else see the slight of hand by Mopar Warranty AKA (Stellantis US LLC): Make sure you look real close at Mopar compared to other Extended Warranty companies, The name Mopar use to carry with it an all American "Credibility" that separated it from all the others, sad to say, they are now common place among the weeds of their competitors. My regret, purchasing this warranty for the reasons I choose Mopar, I truly feel manipulated by Mopar.

Jessica Krumm Ann Arbor, MI

I purchased an extended vehicle warranty through Mopar for my 2015 Jeep Renegade in 2017. The plan "sounded" awesome and I was told repeatedly during our discussion about the plan that if I never used the plan, I would get a full refund for what I paid. I kept this in mind and monitored both my mileage and expiration date which would void the plan. When I went to sell my car, I called Mopar and asked to cancel my plan and get a refund since I would no longer have the vehicle. During several conversations I was told again and again that I would get a full refund since I never used the plan. In order for you to receive a check, it took 120 days from cancellation. By the time I received my check it was for 1/10th the amount that I paid for the plan. When I called to inquire about this, the customer service representative was incredibly rude and just stated that since I canceled early (by 6 months) the amount gets prorated? This made absolutely no sense to me--why would you not be able to cancel whenever you want and how did this amount end up being so low? All the woman would tell me was that it was certainly in the fine print and I should have read it better. I would NEVER recommend this plan to anyone as it truly feels like a scam. The selling feature was that you would get your money back if never using the plan, so there were times I could have filed a claim and didn't since I figured it would amount to less than my refund in the end. Do not purchase this plan, and do not expect customer service to be of any help to you once they've sold you the plan.

Barbie Hollywood, FL

I utilized my warranty for work that I had done in November it is now April I waited to 60 business days for the reimbursement I have 20 unanswered emails every phone called provides me a different answer to when I will get my reimbursement and yet I never missed a payment paying my warranty off but I have to beg for something that I’ve already paid for and should’ve been reimbursed in February. No problem proving any of these things if required.

M TALLEY Huntsville, AL

On 31 January, 2022 we submitted our cancellation documentation to MoparVP after selling our Jeep. We were told MoparVP takes up to 120 days to refund our money. After waiting 120 days I phoned MoparVP and was told they had mailed my refund on April 13. Today is April21 and todays mail has already been delivered, no check. It is my intention to file a complaint with the Attorney General of Florida, because clearly they are abusing their customers and trying to milk every cent they can from the interest of our $. I phoned a local Jeep dealership and spoke to their finance guy who told me (10 days ago) he had customers who had filed refunds back in November 2021 and still had not received their money. People think because a Company is big, they aren't touchable. Well...ask Unum what happens when a company tries to screw it's customers!

David Luce MO

I sold my truck back in September of 2021 and have yet to get my refund. They say they are still processing the paperwork. They "lost" the paperwork I needed to get it canceled and still no refund. Then they kept telling me I had not cancelled my plan and kept sending me letters about turning me into collections. I repeatedly sent the paperwork to them. I WOULD NOT buy the Mopar Vehicle Protection plan in the future! Plus there is a $75 early termination fee.

Heather Badley Greeley, CO

This is the 3rd protection plan I have purchased through Mopar Vehicle Protection. We paid $ 4,550 and they denied our claims because we put a flatbed on it they told us out the $ 4,550 the only amount they could refund was $ 430 then they denied it that and never sent it since they voided my contract. Horrible, horrible business practice I will never spend another dime with this two bit, snake oil company.

ryne clingerman Cedar Rapids, IA

Mopar rental reimbursement is a joke! You have to do everything yourself to set it up and after submitting everything needed to them they tell you it will take 60-90 days to get your reimbursement! I asked for management and they still haven’t called me back. Don’t waste your time with purchasing this option. Whoever is in charge over there needs fired!

Ryan Rosenberg St. George, UT

Absolutely terrible! They are nearly impossible to get warrantee service. I decided to cancel the plan after receiving horrible service. It has been 5 months since I started the cancellation and have not received one update. I have sat on hold time after time calling in to try and get this resolved, and all they tell me is it is still in review. DO NOT BUY MOPAR!

SJB Mountain City, TN

This is for a 2019 Ram 1500. I purchased the warranty and after 6 or 7 months cancelled because I came to realize that it was not in our best interest to keep it. Fair enough right..., I bite the monies I spent and was told I would be given a refund. It takes 120 days and they continue to bill during that process. If you don't make the payments they charge you $25/month and deduct it from the refund you are supposed to be getting, the only thing is the process lasts longer than the refund amount. Even past 120 days. Try to speak with someone and it is always the same thing.., "we have referred it to the cancellation dept and that is all we can do" Try and get the cancellation department and expect to be on hold for in excess of an hour and then you told the same thing by a rude person that does not have any authority to even let you speak with someone else. Suffice to say it's probably going to be handled by a personal attorney. It's now been over 120 days, (I followed every protocol for cancellation) and still no resolve. THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST CUSTOMER CARE COMPANY I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED PERIOD!! DO NOT BUY THIS WARRANTY BECAUSE YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Christi Wier Lubbock, TX

We purchased an extended warranty for my husbands personal truck. Just over the standard warranty the lifters went out in it (600 miles over the manufacturer warranty mind you). We took it in expecting the extended warranty to cover it. The adjuster visited the truck, saw my husbands advertising numbers on it and claimed it was a commercial vehicle and wouldn't be covered. When asked what made it "commercial" since the state and our insurance don't even recognize it as a comemrcial vehicle, we were given a list of reasons NONE of which match the vehicles use. They escalated the claim and still denied it. When we called to ask to pay the difference to a commercial policy we were told it still wouldn't be covered because it was a prior issue. Absolute BS is all I can say about this company. We are getting a pro-rated refund now because we'd rather take whatever we can to apply financially to this disaster. Considering legal action as well.

BJ Tilley Beverly Hills, FL

The worst plan ever, save your money. I had this plan on my 2017 2500 Ram pickup diesel. The engine light came on and the code was 2002 Particulate Filter not functioning correctly. I took my Ram and the service advisor said that it would require that the truck be connected to a computer and the filter would be serviced in that manner. He said that the cost would be six to seven hundred dollars. I said that I had the Mopar vehicle protection plan he contacted the company and they refused coverage said that it was regular required maintenance. Service advisor also stated that replacing the filter would cost thousands. The sad part is that after five and one half years the truck only had less than twenty six thousand miles. Since when is the particulate filter considered "regular maintenance". I contacted Mopar and cancelled my policy and Mopar stated that it would take a minimum of ninety days to one hundred twenty days to get my refund. WHAT A GIANT RIPOFF. Worst experience ever. Save you money I feel that all extended warranties are a joke.

D L San Diego, CA

First of all I was promised all these perks like free oil changes and tire rotations when I purchased the policy and it did not happen. I Canceled my coverage because I'm not using my Jeep during COVID. I was told to send a letter which i did. one month later they are still taking automatic payments. After playing phone tag with them I finally got the billing department who says that they were unaware that I canceled my policy , they sent me back to customer service which also were clueless depending on the agent. Over all they were very RUDE . I am still trying to straighten this mess out . My refund is still pending now and It has been 60 days. DON'T BOTHER

Allan Fort Myers, FL

If you are thinking about getting Mopar gap insurance, DO NOT. We have always had gap insurance and this company is the worst in customer service and integrity. Our car was deemed total after a accident and Mopar string is along for 4 months asking for copies of settlement check , letter etc. We kept providing even though they had our insurance information, finally 4 months later they tell us it is too late to file a claim. They wouldn’t answer emails or voicemails. I will deal with my Chrysler dealer but do not ever use them. We buy a lot of cars and this company is far the worst gap insurance non provider!!

nicole C Ma Islip, NY

In April of 2018, I purchased a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Almost immediately, I knew something was wrong with the vehicle. After several visits to Security Dodge, in Amityville, NY, my vehicle went in for repair. I should add that I had yet to make the first payment (financed). After 3 months in the shop, I was informed that it needed a new transmission (2,000 miles) and other related parts. I immediately contacted the Lemon Law firm to try to intercede on my behalf. After a full year of this process, Chrysler is buying me out of my Jeep. However, because I purchased this Mopar contract, I am not getting the full amount that was put down originally. MOPAR, informed me yesterday, that the refund will be prorated, based on the time/date since purchase. I am getting penalized due to Chrysler's long delay in this buy-back process. In the end, I will end up losing money. Can someone explain how this is fair and right? If anything, the "clock" should've stopped the instant I contacted the lawyers to initiate buy-back proceedings.

Vickie Turpen Shawnee, OK

I had coverage for one day. We requested 5/60 and when the Mopar paperwork came back, they started the 5 year extended warranty in 2018 when I BOUGHT the car. In my opinion, their contract is very small print and very large loopholes! Would not recommend them for anything!

Scottsdalebitch Cypress, TX

The worst pricing. My 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee has had transmission issues along with the rack and pinon going out in 2019...so four years after vehicle purchase..that's CRAZY. I knew when the warranty was up I needed to extend this so I reached out to Mopar. Ummmmmm.... NO. Way too expensive and a pathetic warranty. Makes me want to dump this Grand Cherokee sooner than later.

Adam Badawieh Arlington, TX

Horrible company! They are taking partial responsibility on our gap insurance ! No we are left with the remaining balance after our vehicle was totaled. They claim "exclusions" like percentages on the vehicle's worth will not let them cover the 2500 we owe after the insurance paid their portion. They will only cover 1300 . Gap insurance is for paying off the remaining balance of the vehicle after a TL. Very bad customer service! 1 star service. Jessica and Angie helped us out . Dont let them help you out .

KJ Plainfield, NJ

Mopar Vehicle Protection towing service is horrible. I waited 31/2 hours. In addition, Mopar shouldn't conduct business with Global Auto Mall. They are scammers. Global Auto Mall scam customers with car service and car rental.

POOJA MALLA San Francisco, CA

Horrible associates. I had to cancel my gap after my car got totaled. Since this was my first time dealing with them, i had lots of questions. Out of 3 people, 2 were horrible. They have zero patience and don’t want to explain it to you. 0 rating for that.

jolene

Excellent customer service timely in getting the job done