CNA National offers five kinds of vehicle protection plans to independent buyers. It also offers two additional kinds of warranties through car dealers.

Most of CNA National’s warranties include additional services like roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement. These additional benefits offer car owners peace of mind while on the road and add value to a CNA National warranty.

View CNA National Reviews

#1 Omega Auto Care chevron_right
#2 Endurance chevron_right
3.8
#3 autopom! chevron_right

The Good

• Plan Variety
  • Additional Features
  • Plans Available through Car Dealers

Plan Variety

Extended warranties offer protection after a car's original warranty or manufacturer's warranty expires. This protection reduces the amount car owners pay in out-of-pocket expenses for covered repair costs. CNA National offers three car warranties for new or slightly used cars and two for used cars.

The extended auto warranty offerings for new or slightly used cars include

• Automotive Preferred Care℠
  • Mechanical Advantage Care℠
  • Vehicle Value Care℠

These protection plans offer powertrain coverage — engine, transmission, and drive train assembly.

The Automotive Preferred Care℠ vehicle service contract offers the most comprehensive coverage available in an extended warranty: exclusionary coverage. An exclusionary warranty covers all of the parts except those stated in the contract.

The Mechanical Advantage Care℠ plan covers everything the Vehicle Value Care℠ plan does and includes coverage for the car’s interior and powertrain electronics, ABS brakes, accessories, and vehicle hardware.

The Vehicle Value Care℠ plans cover the heating and air conditioning, fuel, electrical, and cooling systems, brakes, suspension, and front wheel steering.

CNA National’s extended car warranty offerings for used cars include

• Powertrain Advantage Care℠
  • Certified+Plus Care℠

These plans offer for the powertrain warranty coverage. The Certified+Plus Care℠ plan includes two options: Preferred and Advantage.

The specific differences between the two Certified+Plus Care℠ auto warranty plans is unclear; however, these are only offered for cars that have been certified by a dealer and whose factory warranty coverage has been extended.

Additional Features

CNA National vehicle service contracts include the following:

• 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Trip interruption reimbursement
  • Car rental reimbursement
  • Towing

Trip interruption coverage and car rental reimbursement are only available when the car is in a repair facility for a covered repair. A refund is only available for covered repairs.

Some warranty providers also allow clients to choose a repair shop. It's unclear whether CNA National offers this benefit to its clients.

However, the additional benefits that CNA National does offer, add value to its vehicle protection plans. While these features are common among providers, some auto warranty companies do not offer all of these additional features.

Plans Available through Car Dealers

In addition to offering car warranties to independent buyers, CNA National offers these extended warranties through dealers:

• Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty℠
  • Lifetime Wrap Service Contract℠

The Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty℠ covers the car’s powertrain. This warranty does not include the additional features, like 24/7 roadside assistance.

The Lifetime Wrap Service Contract offers additional coverage, including brakes, fuel system, interior electronics, and more. This plan includes the additional features listed above.

These certified warranties are only available for quality vehicles that pass inspections.

The Bad

Some Restrictions

The restrictions vary depending on the product purchased. CNA National vehicle protection plans cannot be renewed unless they include a rider called a future contract guarantee.

For the warranty to be transferable, it must include a transfer guarantee.

If potential clients are interested in these features, they can add them to their vehicle protection agreement before purchasing.

The Bottom Line

An extended service contract from CNA National is a good option for car owners who want to buy an extended warranty. While CNA National’s warranties are not always transferable or renewable, these features can be negotiated before signing the contract.

CNA National has a nice selection of vehicle protection plans, which makes it easier for potential clients to find the warranty coverage they want at a good price. Warranty cost is determined by several factors, including the car's make, model, and mileage. Many vehicle service contract companies do not publish general cost estimates due to the variability. For more detailed extended car warranty cost information, people interested in a CNA extended warranty should contact the company directly.

For its warranties offered through dealerships, cars must be high quality and pass an inspection before a CNA National warranty can be provided. This feature helps car shoppers identify good used cars and make a smart car purchase.

Before getting an extended warranty, it's worth thoroughly reviewing the contract and terms. Most warranties do not cover damage from normal wear and tear, damage from failure to properly care for the vehicle, and damage from accidents.

View Best Car Warranty Companies

4.0

Kimberly Swift

September 19th, 2020 Pomona, CA

I needed coils replaced, and when CNA gave the ok, the dealer replaced it. 2 more went out during that process. CNA replaced. The dealer asked to replace them all. CN A wouldn’t cover until total failure. 1000 miles later have to my car back in for the same thing. Inconvenience. The dealer knew the others would go out and were trying to take care of their customer.

Jeff Dupont

August 4th, 2020 Tewksbury, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After all the headache from the dealership not filing papers, your company helped get my truck back on the road. Thank you very much. I’ll recommend you to anyone

Aug 05, 2020

Jeff, thank you for the 5-star review! We strive to deliver superior customer service, so your feedback means a lot. We appreciate you recommending us.

Movil Exantus

August 4th, 2020 Cambridge, MA

I’m very satisfy whit C N A always there for me when my car have a problem

Aug 05, 2020

Movil, thank you for the positive review! We appreciate you being a valued customer.

Byron Heisler

August 4th, 2020 Rensselaer, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It took to long for them to look at my car and get it fixed. I still haven't heard from them in almost 3 weeks.

Aug 05, 2020

Byron, we're sorry to hear you're not completely satisfied. We take customer service very seriously, so looked into your situation. According to our records, the claim was submitted 7/14 for internal engine failures with your vehicle. In order to accurately diagnose the issue, we setup an inspection immediately. Once the breakdown was identified, we approved repairs on 7/21 and parts arrived to the dealership 7/28. If you have questions about the progress of repairs, please contact the dealership for an update. Or, if there's anything we can do to help in the meantime, please call 800-345-0191 and ask to speak with a claims supervisor.

SASH CRUSADERS CYO FOOTBALL

April 13th, 2020 Perkasie, PA

Purchased one on my sons Jeep Wrangler. They are professional and have great coverage. Easy process and fast approval for a claim over $4000. Thanks

Apr 16, 2020

Thanks for the great review! Our goal is to provide superior customer service, so we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We will be here for you in the future if you need us.

Dorahreather K Mills

March 30th, 2020 Smyrna, GA

I called today to verify coverage on extended warranty plans on my two vehicles. In 2013, my husband, Gary L. Mills, purchased two 2013 Hyundai Geneses autos, titling both in his name. Mr. Mills died Jan, 12, 2019. i just moved from NC to Georgia this past week. I attempted to have 60,000 mile checkups done on one this past Saturday, but the dealer was not able to confirm the existence of my warranty. I called Mayberry Hyundia in Monroe, NC, this morning, and obtained VIN numbers and contract numbers. I was advised to call CNA to verify coverage. I was fortunate to talk with Terri. She was competent and friendly, and actually CARED about helping me. Terri told me the information CNA would need to get the coverage in my name , and I will be digging what I need out of storage. It was a pleasure to interact with Terri

Apr 01, 2020

Dorahreather, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with CNA National and Terri specifically. We’re sorry to hear about your loss. We understand that’s a difficult time, so it’s good to know that Terri was able to help make the coverage verification as easy as possible. We’ll be here, ready to help, should you ever need us again in the future.

Shamous Ellinwood

March 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had to use my CNA warranty multiple times since buying my preowned Porsche and I've been very thankful of their excellent coverage and customer service. I was skeptical when first making the aftermarket warranty purchase however at this point must say that it has been one of the best decisions I've made. I will continue to recommend them to friends and family when making a preowned vehicle purchase.

Jan 21, 2020

Thanks for the great review, Shamous! We strive to deliver superior customer service, so we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as well as recommending us to others. We will be here for you in the future if you need us.

Charles Adkins

February 6th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enjoyed the great service when I needed assistance with a claim. However, I was disappointed I could not transfer the CNA Warranty to my newer vehicle. Would have loved to have kept my CNA coverage.

Feb 07, 2020

Charles, thanks for the feedback! We're glad to hear that you found value in our products and services and that you would consider us again. Unfortunately, service contracts are specifically assigned to each vehicle. We appreciate the positive review and hope we continue to be at the top of your list.

Brian

February 6th, 2020 New Hudson, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cna is a awesome car warranty policy. I have had to use them a couple times and so satisfied got my car back on the road in a timely manner so happy with this provider

Feb 07, 2020

Brian, thank you for the great review! We're glad that you found value in our products and that we could help you get back on the road quickly. We hope you have a smooth car ownership experience going forward, but we'll be here to help if you need us.

Ralph

January 27th, 2020 Naples, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Roofers dropped roofing nail all over road (assume fell of vehicle) and I drove through them. My tires were just purchased in March 2019 and this occurred in January 2020. I thought I only damaged two. When inspected all four were damaged beyond repair and required replacements. The adjuster claimed one looked like vandalism due to a nail being on the inside wall. CNA obviously had concerns as I am sure these events are pretty rare. They quickly approved three tires to be replaced but due to the adjusters finding were not going to pay for the fourth. However, I spoke with them and assured them no vandalism occurred. The approved my fourth tire with a little hesitation. Overall, the process was great, they paid for all four tires (one in “good faith”) and I didn’t pay a penny or had to do any paperwork. Though I did have to have a few calls between the dealership and CNA. CNA answered each call very quickly (minute or less) and provided me answers immediately. I wish every business operated this way. The only “warranty” I have ever used that really did pay off! Unlike “Home Warranties” CNA stood by the contract and I will use them as much as possible. Wish I could rate them higher.

Jan 28, 2020

Thanks for great review, Ralph! We strive to deliver superior customer service, so we truly appreciate the positive feedback. Hopefully you have a smooth car ownership experience going forward, but we’ll be ready to help if you need us.

Dan Brown

January 20th, 2020 Clearwater, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am the owner of a 2011 BMW 740i that I took in for a couple of issues to a BMW dealership. These issues turned out to be some pretty major issues of which I would have been faced with a bill of thousands of dollars personally had I not had this warranty. All were covered, albeit with some back and forth on one of the issues. However, in the end I was left to pay the deductible and the cost of a hose that was determined as wear and tear. I was very happy. The BMW dealership also told me how impressed they were with this warranty company, both what CNA covered as well as the speed in which they operated. There was another car that had been brought in the same day mine was brought in under a different warranty company and it took days and days to get a response from that warranty company, per this BMW dealership. That also made me very happy with my choice for CNA.

Jan 21, 2020

Dan, thanks for reviewing us on BestCompany! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Marcellus Saunders Jr.

December 6th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

OUTSTANDING... Never had a problem, all claims were handled in a timely manor ,all representatives were courteous and extremely helpful. I am very happy with CNA National and have referred several individuals to CNA, even the repair facilities I have used, now inform their customers about CNA, AGAIN OUTSTANDING SERVICE

Dec 13, 2019

Thanks for the outstanding review, Marcellus! Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service, so we appreciate the positive feedback. Also, thank you for the referrals! We will be here for you in the future when you need us.

Ian

November 26th, 2019 Centralia, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CNA worked with the credit union my son had his Mustang through to complete the process after his car was totaled in an accident, they (the company) did a fine job and we're easy to work with...

Nov 27, 2019

Thanks for the great review, Ian! We’re sorry that your son lost his vehicle, but glad that we could help make a difficult situation a little better. We will be here for you in the future if you need us.

Hosie Seal

November 13th, 2019 Harvest, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unable to rate. May 1st trip to have power lost, which code out to be a fuel system hi press pump replace. (Oct 19,2019). As of now, it look as if there is no coverage, I had to the full service out my pocket. I was told I had a contract and I brought the BEST coverage. ( Still on reaction from LM Chevrolet) Thanks, for this review request, Update as of 11/13/2019 (all correctied. Thanks

Nov 13, 2019

Hosie, we looked into your account and it appears we actually did cover your claim after the dealership contacted us. The reimbursement check was processed 11/5 and it should have been delivered to you. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and we performed up to that standard. Given we delivered on our promise, please reconsider your star rating. If we can answer any questions or if you have feedback to help us earn 5 stars, please give our claims manager Mike a call 800-345-0191 x372.

Bill

October 3rd, 2019 Jacksonville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not use this company for a warranty on a used vehicle. It is useless. They will no cover anything that fails due to being worn on a used vehicle. Purchased a warranty when buying a used car and had engine trouble 5000 miles later. They would not cover anything because the problems stemmed from worn piston rings and I could provide adequate maintenance history, even though I had no had vehicle long enough to reach its first recommended oil change. Make sure you read the contract very carefully and fully.

Nov 08, 2019

Bill, we apologize for the issues you are having. We would like to learn more about your claim but are unable to locate your account. Could you please give us a call and speak with one of our claims supervisors? They can be reached at 800-345-0191

Elke

April 4th, 2019 Marietta, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had a motorcycle fixed because at times it wouldn’t start, needless to say a week later warranty ran out and bike won’t start. In the mean time my Harley inherited a scratch on gas tank while at the shop. CNA doesn’t want to have the bike towed to shop unless it was something wrong with how the shop fixed the bike. Obviously it has the same problem as when it went in! Warranty is awful and in return those people seem to enjoy bringing out the worst in people!

Nov 08, 2019

Elke, we apologize for the issues you are having. We would like to learn more about your claim but are unable to locate your account. Could you please give us a call and speak with one of our claims supervisors? They can be reached at 800-345-0191.