CNA National offers five kinds of vehicle protection plans to independent buyers. It also offers two additional kinds of warranties through car dealers.

Most of CNA National’s warranties include additional services like roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement. These additional benefits offer car owners peace of mind while on the road and add value to a CNA National warranty.

View CNA National Reviews

#1 autopom! chevron_right
#2 Omega Auto Care chevron_right
#3 CARCHEX chevron_right
3.9

The Good

• Plan Variety
  • Additional Features
  • Plans Available through Car Dealers

Plan Variety

Extended warranties offer protection after a car's original warranty or manufacturer's warranty expires. This protection reduces the amount car owners pay in out-of-pocket expenses for covered repair costs. CNA National offers three car warranties for new or slightly used cars and two for used cars.

The extended auto warranty offerings for new or slightly used cars include

• Automotive Preferred Care℠
  • Mechanical Advantage Care℠
  • Vehicle Value Care℠

These protection plans offer powertrain coverage — engine, transmission, and drive train assembly.

The Automotive Preferred Care℠ vehicle service contract offers the most comprehensive coverage available in an extended warranty: exclusionary coverage. An exclusionary warranty covers all of the parts except those stated in the contract.

The Mechanical Advantage Care℠ plan covers everything the Vehicle Value Care℠ plan does and includes coverage for the car’s interior and powertrain electronics, ABS brakes, accessories, and vehicle hardware.

The Vehicle Value Care℠ plans cover the heating and air conditioning, fuel, electrical, and cooling systems, brakes, suspension, and front wheel steering.

CNA National’s extended car warranty offerings for used cars include

• Powertrain Advantage Care℠
  • Certified+Plus Care℠

These plans offer for the powertrain warranty coverage. The Certified+Plus Care℠ plan includes two options: Preferred and Advantage.

The specific differences between the two Certified+Plus Care℠ auto warranty plans is unclear; however, these are only offered for cars that have been certified by a dealer and whose factory warranty coverage has been extended.

Additional Features

CNA National vehicle service contracts include the following:

• 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Trip interruption reimbursement
  • Car rental reimbursement
  • Towing

Trip interruption coverage and car rental reimbursement are only available when the car is in a repair facility for a covered repair. A refund is only available for covered repairs.

Some warranty providers also allow clients to choose a repair shop. It's unclear whether CNA National offers this benefit to its clients.

However, the additional benefits that CNA National does offer, add value to its vehicle protection plans. While these features are common among providers, some auto warranty companies do not offer all of these additional features.

Plans Available through Car Dealers

In addition to offering car warranties to independent buyers, CNA National offers these extended warranties through dealers:

• Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty℠
  • Lifetime Wrap Service Contract℠

The Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty℠ covers the car’s powertrain. This warranty does not include the additional features, like 24/7 roadside assistance.

The Lifetime Wrap Service Contract offers additional coverage, including brakes, fuel system, interior electronics, and more. This plan includes the additional features listed above.

These certified warranties are only available for quality vehicles that pass inspections.

The Bad

Some Restrictions

The restrictions vary depending on the product purchased. CNA National vehicle protection plans cannot be renewed unless they include a rider called a future contract guarantee.

For the warranty to be transferable, it must include a transfer guarantee.

If potential clients are interested in these features, they can add them to their vehicle protection agreement before purchasing.

The Bottom Line

An extended service contract from CNA National is a good option for car owners who want to buy an extended warranty. While CNA National’s warranties are not always transferable or renewable, these features can be negotiated before signing the contract.

CNA National has a nice selection of vehicle protection plans, which makes it easier for potential clients to find the warranty coverage they want at a good price. Warranty cost is determined by several factors, including the car's make, model, and mileage. Many vehicle service contract companies do not publish general cost estimates due to the variability. For more detailed extended car warranty cost information, people interested in a CNA extended warranty should contact the company directly.

For its warranties offered through dealerships, cars must be high quality and pass an inspection before a CNA National warranty can be provided. This feature helps car shoppers identify good used cars and make a smart car purchase.

Before getting an extended warranty, it's worth thoroughly reviewing the contract and terms. Most warranties do not cover damage from normal wear and tear, damage from failure to properly care for the vehicle, and damage from accidents.

View Best Car Warranty Companies

3.5

Ralph

January 28th, 2020 Naples, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Roofers dropped roofing nail all over road (assume fell of vehicle) and I drove through them. My tires were just purchased in March 2019 and this occurred in January 2020. I thought I only damaged two. When inspected all four were damaged beyond repair and required replacements. The adjuster claimed one looked like vandalism due to a nail being on the inside wall. CNA obviously had concerns as I am sure these events are pretty rare. They quickly approved three tires to be replaced but due to the adjusters finding were not going to pay for the fourth. However, I spoke with them and assured them no vandalism occurred. The approved my fourth tire with a little hesitation. Overall, the process was great, they paid for all four tires (one in “good faith”) and I didn’t pay a penny or had to do any paperwork. Though I did have to have a few calls between the dealership and CNA. CNA answered each call very quickly (minute or less) and provided me answers immediately. I wish every business operated this way. The only “warranty” I have ever used that really did pay off! Unlike “Home Warranties” CNA stood by the contract and I will use them as much as possible. Wish I could rate them higher.

Jan 28, 2020

Thanks for great review, Ralph! We strive to deliver superior customer service, so we truly appreciate the positive feedback. Hopefully you have a smooth car ownership experience going forward, but we’ll be ready to help if you need us.

Shamous Ellinwood

January 20th, 2020 Cranston, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When purchasing my pre-owned Porsche I was offered the CNA warranty at which time I was skeptical based on the cost and likelihood that I would actually use it. It turns out that it was by far one of the best investments I've ever made. Unfortunately I've had to use the warranty a few times for major issues and CNA came through for me. The dealer coordinates the repairs and payments directly with CNA which is very convenient. I have and will continue to highly recommend CNA to friends and family as well as most likely purchase a CNA warranty for future vehicles.

Jan 21, 2020

Thanks for the great review, Shamous! We strive to deliver superior customer service, so we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as well as recommending us to others. We will be here for you in the future if you need us.

Dan Brown

January 20th, 2020 Clearwater, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am the owner of a 2011 BMW 740i that I took in for a couple of issues to a BMW dealership. These issues turned out to be some pretty major issues of which I would have been faced with a bill of thousands of dollars personally had I not had this warranty. All were covered, albeit with some back and forth on one of the issues. However, in the end I was left to pay the deductible and the cost of a hose that was determined as wear and tear. I was very happy. The BMW dealership also told me how impressed they were with this warranty company, both what CNA covered as well as the speed in which they operated. There was another car that had been brought in the same day mine was brought in under a different warranty company and it took days and days to get a response from that warranty company, per this BMW dealership. That also made me very happy with my choice for CNA.

Jan 21, 2020

Dan, thanks for reviewing us on BestCompany! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Marcellus Saunders Jr.

December 12th, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

OUTSTANDING... Never had a problem, all claims were handled in a timely manor ,all representatives were courteous and extremely helpful. I am very happy with CNA National and have referred several individuals to CNA, even the repair facilities I have used, now inform their customers about CNA, AGAIN OUTSTANDING SERVICE

Dec 13, 2019

Thanks for the outstanding review, Marcellus! Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service, so we appreciate the positive feedback. Also, thank you for the referrals! We will be here for you in the future when you need us.

Ian

November 27th, 2019 Centralia, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CNA worked with the credit union my son had his Mustang through to complete the process after his car was totaled in an accident, they (the company) did a fine job and we're easy to work with...

Nov 27, 2019

Thanks for the great review, Ian! We’re sorry that your son lost his vehicle, but glad that we could help make a difficult situation a little better. We will be here for you in the future if you need us.

Hosie Seal

November 13th, 2019 Harvest, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unable to rate. May 1st trip to have power lost, which code out to be a fuel system hi press pump replace. (Oct 19,2019). As of now, it look as if there is no coverage, I had to the full service out my pocket. I was told I had a contract and I brought the BEST coverage. ( Still on reaction from LM Chevrolet) Thanks, for this review request, Update as of 11/13/2019 (all correctied. Thanks

Nov 13, 2019

Hosie, we looked into your account and it appears we actually did cover your claim after the dealership contacted us. The reimbursement check was processed 11/5 and it should have been delivered to you. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and we performed up to that standard. Given we delivered on our promise, please reconsider your star rating. If we can answer any questions or if you have feedback to help us earn 5 stars, please give our claims manager Mike a call 800-345-0191 x372.

Bill

October 4th, 2019 Jacksonville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not use this company for a warranty on a used vehicle. It is useless. They will no cover anything that fails due to being worn on a used vehicle. Purchased a warranty when buying a used car and had engine trouble 5000 miles later. They would not cover anything because the problems stemmed from worn piston rings and I could provide adequate maintenance history, even though I had no had vehicle long enough to reach its first recommended oil change. Make sure you read the contract very carefully and fully.

Nov 08, 2019

Bill, we apologize for the issues you are having. We would like to learn more about your claim but are unable to locate your account. Could you please give us a call and speak with one of our claims supervisors? They can be reached at 800-345-0191

Elke

April 5th, 2019 Marietta, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had a motorcycle fixed because at times it wouldn’t start, needless to say a week later warranty ran out and bike won’t start. In the mean time my Harley inherited a scratch on gas tank while at the shop. CNA doesn’t want to have the bike towed to shop unless it was something wrong with how the shop fixed the bike. Obviously it has the same problem as when it went in! Warranty is awful and in return those people seem to enjoy bringing out the worst in people!

Nov 08, 2019

Elke, we apologize for the issues you are having. We would like to learn more about your claim but are unable to locate your account. Could you please give us a call and speak with one of our claims supervisors? They can be reached at 800-345-0191.