Turo Logo

Sierra Denver, CO

I love renting with Turo. All the fees are laid out for you, the photos are accurate, and I especially like the convenience for pick up and drop off. For me to rent from a standard company, I have to pay more to rent close, or spend an hour shuttling to the airport. With Turo, I can usually find a close convenient pick up for no additional cost. The only complaint I have is about payment collection. With Turo, you never know when Turo will take the payment for your rental. It states in the policy that payment is taken upon booking, but I have booked up to a month in advance at times, and have had payment taken anywhere from the time of booking up until 2 days after my trip started. Minor, but can be annoying to people depending on how they manage their accounts. I love renting from Turo because the owners really know what to expect from the car, and are open about stating if a car is great for snow, better for the city, and the full functionality of the vehicle. Owners are always helpful and usually easy to get a hold of. I rent just about every weekend instead of owning a car and I love it!

Edwin Callard San Jose, CA

I have only rented two cars from Turo so far but I have definitely not been disappointed. The community is great. Both renters I've had the opportunity to rent from were very easy to deal with and were kind. What makes Turo so great is the fun selection of cars provided. Cars you wouldn't find at a usual car rental company. I'm looking forward to my next fun rental!

Dorothea Denver, CO

I booked a rental and the address they sent me to was an open field with no buildings. So I call the host and she kept saying um um I did not see the reservation um um I am not sure where the van is. She finally said she was canceling. Which left me with no way to get to work. I was told I would be refunded and I was NOT refunded. Now I have a dispute pending with the bank. I am out the money for the rental and may be fired for not being able to get to work and no one will communicate from Turo. STAY AWAY they are very shaddy and will rip you off.

Lisa Shipley Atlanta, GA

I had a dispute with Host who wanted me to pay $166 to vacuum the driver side floor board ONLY. The car was spotless but evidently the host expected me to detail the car before returning. I disputed this with Turo who clearly did not have the long email string I had with another rep. I am a seasoned world traveler and clearly Turos clear customer is the HOST. NOT YOU. Thank GOD for chargeback rights with at least their fees going up from excessive disputes/ chargeback fees being imposed on the company.

Garth S Canton, GA

I am finding the price for one particular vehicle changes every time I open the app. It changes at least three times when starting the booking process. This is very misleading. I find the car I want to book, it shows 66 per day. I tap on it to book, it changes to 78 per day. Then it changes again to $78.50 per day. This practice is very misleading and confusing.

Colleen Kerr GA

If there was a negative star rating that is what I would give. Do not rent from this company. Rented a car and it was keyed on both sides. I reported it to the owner and sent pictures. I am now down 1800 dollars and still 6 months later are still putting charges on my credit card. The concept is great but unfortunately the way they deal with damages should be illegal. You don't need to authorize they will wait a month or two and send you a random email that they are charging your credit card.

Amber New Port Richey, FL

I had booked a car and realized after I payed almost $700 that I could not drive in the county I needed to drive for work so I cancelled 10 minutes after booking they said they gave me my refund of $174 meanwhile I did not receive and they also couldn't explain why I was only receiving 173 out of 700. They told me I needed to talk to my bank to see why I didn't get my 173 because they refunded it and basically shrugged it off like

Caitlin Clausen Stone Mountain, GA

Horrible experience. I rented from Turo one time and it will be the last! The car smelled like rotting garbage. Turo did absolutely NOTHING to help me with the issue, other than waste my time referring me back and forth to phone numbers and chat boxes and offering zero assistance with the problem. This company is awful stick with a professional car rental company.

Julie Anshasi Lincoln, NE

My trip has not yet begun, but already I am forced to leave a negative review. I rented a car, and the amount charged to my credit card was much higher than the advertised price. No one would correct this, so I canceled the reservation and made a new reservation. Same story. It seems Turo hooks people in by advertising a lower price, then jacks the price up once you enter your credit card information. This company is very dishonest - avoid them.

CSM JR Denver, CO

Worst customer service I have ever experienced aside from Robinhood. They do not listen, do not read the issues at hand, they respond from a general alias and are nearly impossible to reach by phone. Their call line is a joke and will hang up on you at any moment. DO NOT WORK WITH TURO. They take a huge fee and provide almost no assistance. Their timeline for damage reports are too short and they do not look at pre and post pictures of your car.

C Peanut Bakersfield, CA

We rented a car for 5 days in Kauai, Hawaii. It was contactless pick up and drop off. We parked the car at the airport. Everything look good and clean but we made a mistake of not taking pictures. Hours after we dropped off the car, the host sent a message saying that there was a scratch on ‘top of the car’ and it needs to be fixed. So the next day, he sent a message again saying that the body shop estimated $200 to fix it. Then i asked him to send a proof of estimate. The next day he sent an estimate and now the fee became $250+tax. I asked why and he said because the body shop has to type the estimate and now they want to add $50 more. The body shop on the estimate didnt even have a real physical address. It was PO box. This whole thing is so shady. I don’t know how many customers has this host has ‘scammed’ literally. The claim amount is small so he can just go under radar because Turo’s only help is to ask you to settle with the host. I guess this is lesson learned and will not use Turo again.

Marcia Craft DeLand, FL

The rental process was great. However, unfortunately there was an unavoidable incident to the bumper. Turo presented an estimate. I paid it immediately in full. However, they have 45 days to amend. They sent me a bill for pretty much the same work (almost all the damage was surface and a headlight) that now had the body work that was originally at $74 at $125/hr. Plus they claim to have taken twice the amount of time to repair. I disputed it and received no exact explanation, just a quote that they have the right to charge my payment method on file within 24 hours and the amount was within some guideline. I will not be using them again.

Hannah Arlington, VA

Shady business practices. They rip off customers and the car owner! They trick you into purchasing insurance (which the vehicles already have anyway!) then charge your card for any issues that were not even your fault but had an old car with issues. They are not even paying the dues you pay to Liberty Mutual. I reported them to the California Attorney General’s office until I finally got the refund for an unauthorized and illegitimate charge, since their customer service is the worst aimed to be deceptive and they don’t even respond to complains filed on Better Business Bureau. So I suggest you take your complaints to the California Attorney General’s website to address them!

Michelle Perna Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Worst experience. Will never use the app again. The host basically tried to take me for a ride (pun intended)...I paid for a delivery fee to have the car delivered to me and dropped off at my location of choice...instead the host thought that meant I would be delivered to the car...she tried to get me to uber to the car and drop it off at her apartment...completely missing the point of the delivery fee...then when I told her I wanted to drop the car off early so I don't miss my flight - radio silence. And the cherry on top is that the app does even have a customer service phone number! You can't even call anyone! You have to message with like 7 different people to explain the situation, it was painfully slow, and by the time we got to the bottom of it they decided it was not appropriate to refund me. Hahaha this app is a joke. If I could give them zero stars I would. Avoid at all costs.

Kujo Links Longmont, CO

The idea of renting a corvette or mustang is appealing but I can’t get myself to retry this app. For my birthday I paid to rent a Ford Mustang for a few days. I was super excited. I hadn’t really planned on making a purchase and when I made a turo account I typed in an anonymous name but when I filled out the form to rent the car I put my legal name. So weird name on sign up but legal name when I filled out the rental form. I drive all the way to the airport and arrived early to pick up the rental car. When I got there they asked for my ID. I showed it to them but they couldn’t rent to me or give me the car because my account name was different from the ID even though I filled out my name correctly when I paid for the car. My credit card I used also matched my ID. But they wouldn’t let me have the car. Ok, I can understand that. But my main issue was NO REFUNDS!! I made a mistake in filling out my account, ok but to not give a refund? Come on now! I didn’t even get to drive the car. I didn’t even see the car. I don’t understand why I couldn’t get a refund. They took $400 from me. Even a 50% refund would have been ok. Combine this with other reviewers saying that they got charged bogus fees (charged a cleaning fee when car was clean), it makes me not want to rent from them. But it’s pretty tempting when they have my dream cars on here. I probably won’t ever rent from them but it’s nice to look.

matthew haseltine VA

Booked a Jeep thru Turu in february 2022. First they require %100 payment up front unlike any rental company. Second we rented this jeep in Kona Hawaii, when we arrived we had to find a taxi to take us and all our baggage to to address of the host for pickup. Host was not there and did not respond to messages for 30 minutes. We finally pickup up the vehicle and it was very nice, but licenses plates were for Nevada. I know this vehicle was in Hawaii for at least 6 months because i booked it 6 months ahead so plenty of time to transfer registration to Hawaii but still Nevada plates. Who pays for that ticket if pulled over? Drove the jeep for the term of our vacation and when we tried to take it to a car wash to wash and vacuum on the last day of vacation everything was booked or out of order so we had to return it as it was. Mind you any rental car company anywhere expects to wash the car at the end of the rental and we rented this vehicle for 3 weeks so we paid around $2000 for its use. When we attempted to find a taxi to meet us at the hosts address to bring us to the airport we literally spent 2 hours trying to find someone to pick us up on our final night on the island. So we returned the jeep the morning of or flight stressed out about meeting the taxi and making our flight and turned the jeep in as it was, not clean, as we had driven it for weeks but certainly not filthy. we get home and get a lecturing email from Turu support about the cleaning the jeep and get charged $150 cleaning fee. On top of that they threaten to remove us from the app if it happens in the future, as if we will EVER use Turu again.

Janet Meade Pella, IA

Turo's customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. I have rented 3 cars for an upcoming trip and needed to make a change based on the fact that the Honolulu airport is no longer allowing Turo hosts to pick up customers at the airport. I got the pick up location changed to the host's home but had to deal with customer service for a long call with lots of hold time to get that done. Then they said I'd be charged $34.07 in sales tax which I don't really owe and that I would need to contact the billing department to get a refund. I've been on numerous chats for hours today. I finally got through to Jasmin in billing but just got notification that she has left the conversation. This company is the worst and I will never rent another car from them.

Parrot Sarnoso IL

First time I use this company, because our business car is at the maintenance shop. So we decided to try Turo, apparently it was cheaper than renting a car from Hertz or Enterprise. After looking at several cars available in our area we decided to rent a Ford Ranger. We booked the truck Saturday morning to pick up Monday morning. We paid on line almost $500 dollars for a 4 days rent. Then out of the blue, the owner started to email us a lot of question, about our job, business reputation, experience, apparently he didn't like my face picture or my name, whatever the problem was, 5 hours later he decided not to book us. I do not recommend Turo, apparently the owners do not like to rent their cars to anyone. Big waste of time. Big waste of my business time.

Malik Washington Clovis, NM

The first time giving Turo a try my rental car broke down 3 hours from my original start location. Any reputable company would understand and arrange for a way to get back to your started destination or agreed return location. However after hours of text, chat, and calls with customer service, the best they were able to do was provide a $50 Uber credit. I had to arrange my own way home and it ruined my trip and was left $400 out of pocket by getting a one-way rental with another company to get back home. I was under the impression this cost would be reimbursed because I was not at fault for the mechanical issues from the car after talking with a service rep. However, they decided they will only reimburse if I used LYFT or Uber even though there were none available where the car broke down. If you plan to leave anywhere more than 15 miles from the pickup with no LYFT or Uber and have problems, expect to pay out of pocket for any expenses. Horrible customer service. I could go on but these were my biggest problems.

Jill Danilewicz Chandler, AZ

My first two rental experiences were excellent. Unfortunately my most recent trip ended up being so regrettable because of the harassing and stalking nature of the host. She literally ruined my weekend as well as my family's. The host had the dashcam turned on and was set on record for the entire weekend which felt incredibly invasive, then there were her nonstop messages some of them starting at 4:25 am on a Saturday morning! At one point the car would not start because of a software update so I was stranded for two hours waiting to take my son to the ER, there were many other problems but her behavior was the worst of it. I am a 49 year old wife and mom with 30 years of clean driving history. I did report everything to Turo and they did nothing at all. I won't be using them anymore.

Jennike Kinser Bolingbrook, IL

I used Turo for the first time for a business trip. There were no cars available through my usual rental companies. My car arrived two hours late so I was sitting at the airport waiting and had to push out my client meeting. My customer was not happy. My rental also had a very dirty backseat and what I think was food smeared on the back windows. I reached out to Turo to request a partial refund for the issues and they were useless. They “have to protect the safety of their community”. What does that even mean??? The rental was not as promised and some refund/customer service is due. Zero customer service and useless contacting them if you have issues.

Claude San Francisco, CA

The app was easy to use to start. It was all negative from there - I'll keep this factual to leave out the bias. Tldr; it's probably great if everything goes smoothly. If anything out of the ordinary happens, and your the renter -- good luck. Given the car shortage, Turo needs to make sure hosts are happy; and will not do anything for you. Here are events of my trip in chronological order: 1. Pick up the car, there is less than a full tank of gas, though host is expecting a full tank or will charge a fee. Host does not respond to message Re gas level. 2. Return car in an unattended parking garage in the most dangerous part of a city known for car break ins. The car cannot be locked if the key is left inside so I call Turo to ask if I should just do that, or if they have a policy for this situation. There are no specific instructions from the host Re what to do about the key or if it's okay to leave the car unlocked. 3. Turo support agent and I both try to contact the host - no reply. Turo host says to lock the car, and take the key and go on with my day. They will contact the host and arrange return of the key. This seems out of the ordinary so I ask the very nice support agent to send me email confirmation of all this in case I need to prove I didn't just randomly walk off with someone else's car key. 4. Turo host is gets very aggressive/insulting/threatening/racially demeaning when they find out I have their car key. I'll admit, this is probably strange to them; it was to me too; hence calling Turo to ask what to do. I try to explain I only have the key because Turo told me to take it; and I am trying to coordinate returning the key. 5. After the host request I return the key to her in person (which is an hour out of my day) and I agree; she says she is no longer going to communicate with me and will instead send this case to the claims process and have me pay for a "lost" key. 6. In the meantime Turo "executive" support is reviewing my case. They say I can figure out how to return the key, or mail the key once they confirm a mailing address. I tell them the host told me they will not correspond with me, so I'll mail the key, but can they please confirm the address. 7. I get an email that my account has been closed due to community violations, that I will be charged for the "lost" key. This is after sending a PDF of the messages between the host and I in the Turo app; and also snippets from emails from Turo -- where I was told by Turo to keep the key; and where the host instead of telling me when to go to drop off the key tells me they will file a claim instead. I'm not sure if she makes money when she "loses" car keys, but the host was very clearly not interested in actually receiving the keys back. Perhaps I'm stupid or overly cautious to not have felt comfortable just leaving the key in the unlocked car in a high crime neighborhood. But this chain events sure was frustrating, and a good reminder sometimes it's best to hold off embracing technological "innovation".

Frank Kemsley Seattle, WA

HORRIBLE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!! I babied the car since it was owned by the person dropping it off and he seemed to be a nice guy. I parked the car off street and even in a garage the last 2 days. We took excellent care of this car. An hour after I returned the car I received a text asking about the DAMAGE to the car. From tires, to trunk, to body he proclaimed it was damaged. NONSENSE. His "laundry list" of damage couldn't have been done in a year of driving. Both my wife and I walked around the car when we picked it up and when we dropped it off. There was NO damage. My bad, I didn't take pictures. I thought something was up when I tried to tip him when we met for the return and he would not accept it. He had this planned all along. Another thing I thought was strange was he had us meet him in a parking lot both to pick up and return. I looked around and saw at least 3 cars that were EXACTLY like his. same color, same year and all were there to do the same thing. I thought this was his personal car? Now they want $3,000. Time to say that expensive 6 letter word: LAWYER".

Envoute Pompano Beach, FL

Be careful with commercial renters! Especially in Orlando. I had decent experiences with Turo until this one. The rental itself went well, I cleaned the car, returned it on time in the correct parking lot and he was there to check the car and pick it up...this is where the issues started. He charges you $47 insurance plus sales tax of 13.5% ...fine He takes a $200 security deposit...fine...but weirdly charges sales tax on the deposit so $227..this alone is fairly strange. But here is the part that really screws you over, when he returns your security deposit he doesn't return the sales tax, just the initial $200, so you are already out $27. Then....if he takes anything out of the security deposit, he charges sales tax on those items as well. So in my case he charge $35 cleaning fee (even though the car was returned clean) and a $19 ticket fee for the parking lot (even thought the parking lot itself only charges a maximum of $10) So out of the initial $227 I only got $128 back! Making this rental more expensive than a regular rental car. Stay clear of this guy or know what you are getting into. Tried contacting him multiple times and always received answers that did not answer the actual questions I was asking. Turo support is a joke. You speak to a representative who says they can't help as they need to forward it to a higher agent. They then email you with a generic response that points you to articles or back to the representatives who sent you there. If you use a commercial host expect 0 help from Turo. I'm sad as I will now not use them again because of this.

Dave Swan West Sacramento, CA

I made the mistaken of renting from Turo. The daily rate I agreed to was $38. plus insurance. After my initial week I renewed three times. Neither Turo nor the host advised that the daily rate had been raised to approximately $180. a day plus insurance, upon renewal. To add insult to injury, the car was filthy, inside and out when I picked it up and the trunk was full of junk. The dangerous tire warning light was also on. Because the host was late arriving at her own home for my pick up, I had no time to wait for her to deal w/ the various problems. I washed the vehicle later and put air into the low tire. I've been reaching out to Turo for over two weeks and they have shown no interest in dealing with the issue. My only option is to try to find support from the SF Chamber of Commerce and CA Attorney General. If that doesn't work I'll see if the media is interested in Turo cheating an elderly customer (I'm 72). There are other similar car rental organizations that I've heard good things about and I'd heartily suggest you use any of 'em before getting involved with Turo.

Milan Despotovic Kenosha, WI

We recently rented a car in Phoenix Arizona. We had been in touch with the host the entire time by text. A parking pass was sent the day before our return with instructions for dropping the car off. We followed them perfectly, to park and send pictures of the car and the parking spot. We have the receipt from drop off showing on time. We went to the airport and later that evening we received an email from Turo stating we returned the car 6 hours late and there were several fees incurred on our credit card. We notified the host who claimed he didn't receive the pictures, he even apologized that he wasn't in the area as his reason and sent us the email he sent to Turo saying to dismiss those charges. Turo dismissed only a portion of the charges. We emailed them but no success they said we didn't follow the rules even though the host admitted his actions were in error. This is quite a set up they have going here. We had a positive experience in our previous rental with Turo, this is partly the host as bad experience and also Turo for not taking care of this situation.

Jane Bourette South Yarmouth, MA

I had used Turo successfully for many years in many cities. All great reviews. Recently I had a car reserved for a trip that got changed with a months notice. I went in to change the reservation and when no response, I cancelled it. Then I tried to make a new reservation with my credit and it wouldn’t accept it. Suddenly I was locked out so I called them, and was advised I was restricted by their “verification” Department and not given any explanation. I emailed and got a standard email with their policies. I had to contact the bank to get my money back. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Horrible service

Monty Kugler Tucson, AZ

Check out all the negative reviews! It's not the hosts or the cars, but Turo leaving you high and drive. The cars are nice, when you get them. But be aware, unless you pay for the highest insurance they offer for an overpriced premium (sometimes more than the actual car rental!), you are held responsible for every small thing that might happen while you drive it. I got a flat tire on the last day of my trip. Tried calling Turo roadside, but never heard back and nothing ever happened. Now I find that I am being charged complete cost of getting brand-new tire put on vehicle, plus an extra Turo service charge on top, for delivering the bill? I'm guessing if it was time to change the oil or do other routing maintenance, I would be held liable for those charges as well. Keep in mind, unlike big car rental agencies, there is no fleet maintenance department with mechanics checking the vehicle to ensure it is in good shape. Turo is just a car finding service that charges fees for putting you in touch with personal cars being borrowed for a fee, regardless of condition. There are folks that have short trips and never experience trouble, but if you look at the reviews you will see a LARGE amount of 1 star reviews (which really means 0 stars if we had the choice). The chance of something going wrong while you driving it is pretty high, and when that happens to you, know YOU will be held liable for any expense Turo or the owner want to impose on you. As you've read elsewhere, there is no actual phone support from Turo. Even the host stated they are lousy to work with and bad communication, but only do it because it pays for the car payment

Shanlee Sandusky, OH

We rented a car and in the description there was no disclosure (as there should be in their terms for hosts) of any sort of tracking device in the vehicle. We returned home and I received an urgent alert from Apple that my phone was being tracked by an unknown AirTag. We searched everywhere and found it in the center console of the car. Since we did contactless pickup/drop off we had not met the owner to get any sort of feel about him. Not wanting to potentially be charged for damage, I did not remove it or turn it off. I did not get back in the vehicle after that. Upon return the host charged $150 for cleaning 3, yes 3, cat hairs off the floor. He even sent a pic. Turo gave both my husband and me the “this is not ok, I can see your concern and we will make sure it won’t happen again. But you do have to pay that cleaning fee”. So I feel my only option is a police report. Had that been an Uber passenger, they would have blamed the driver bc they don’t know those cars could be rentals. And obviously turo wouldn’t have their back. This is garbage. Thank god for screenshots bc we have all three conversations with turo to show. Not sure I would ever get in another car from them no matter what the host rating is.

Dee Monson Ankeny, IA

Very disappointed with Turo. Booked a vehicle with them in October 2021, now 3 weeks before we are to leave on our trip, our rental gets cancelled. Come to fond out the host sold his vehicle. Ral noce! Now we have to find a new rental and with all the rental car issues have to pay a ton more money. So Turo jad our money for 3 months and we get the shaft. Thanks a lot Turo. Will never book with them again. Crappy service!!

Nomoreturo Phoenix, AZ

The host gave me the wrong date for return and I trusted him since it was his car. Host showed up on my doorstep saying I was going to be charged with stealing a car if not returned. I called Turo and the rep said he talked to the host and said I could keep it longer. That was a lie because the host had a booking that he did not want to cancel. When I called back nothing was written in my account about keeping it longer. I feel the rep only told me that so I could stop complaining to him.

Aries Clarke Milwaukee, WI

My spouse rented from Turo 3x before with no issue, she cleans out the car, fills up the tank, & even puts a nice car freshener in the vehicle as if its brand new. The 4th time she rented a vehicle when it was time to turn it in she did the same thing but the owner complained of the smell (car freshener) & tried to charge my spouse a $250 odor fee. My spouse tried to dispute it & she was told to show proof she wasn't smoking in the car because the owner accused her of such. My spouse has a job that does regular drug testing & she doesn't smoke cigarettes at all so what smell could she has possibly tried to cover up other then presenting the car like it was her own as the rules state. Long story short my spouse was kicked off all because the owner lied & made something out of nothing. I believe she was money hungry & trying to pay on that ticket my spouse seen on the windshield when she picked the vehicle up a few days ago.

Kim K Golden, CO

I took one trip with Turo in Houston and it was great. So I reserved another in Seattle, but that was unfortunate. I had the car booked for a while and needed to change the pickup to an earlier time. My "All Star" host (their most qualified and dependable) said that he changed the start time for me and we were all set. The day before my trip, I checked and it was not changed. I contacted my host and he said his other renter extended her trip, so the car was not available. When I told him I was unhappy, he said "it's not my fault" and blamed me for not changing the start time. He said I could just cancel if I didn't like it. Before I had a chance, he cancelled it, so I was unable to write a review. I contacted Turo support via online chat and let them know what happened. All I got was a "we won't stand for that" and no action. Beware Turo, you are at the mercy of your host and no accountability. I'm going back to the rental car companies.

Gordon Brown San Diego, CA

Turo's business practices are deceptive, Rented a car but it was not clear as to where I needed to report to pick up the keys. Upon calling, I was told that the vehicle was to be picked up at a residence. That certainly was NOT made clear at any point during the transaction or on the receipt. An address for retrieval of the car was provided but not being from Las Vegas I had no way of knowing if the address was an airport address. More of a rub followed. Turo wanted $85 to get me to the vehicle to pick it up. Certainly nothing about that either. I hate being had so I cancelled the reservation. On you guessed it. My cancellation request was invalid because I had not cancelled within their 24 hour cancellation window.

Vishnu Rajan Jersey City, NJ

As a host (renter), renting out on Turo is profitable ONLY if you know the ropes - only rent out an old low value car. There are many hidden costs to renting out, especially the fact that Turo insurance comes with fine print - all plans except the '60' plan are only good as catastrophic insurance. They don't reimburse you if the guest dents your car or causes scratches smaller than 3 inches. A renter returned my car with 10-20 scratches (each about 0.5 inches), and Turo refused to compensate me for the significant cost to repair ($3000?) because each gash was less than 3 inches! Not worth the $100 I earned for the trip, not to mention the time spent cleaning the car, and inspecting it etc. So it's only worth listing an old $4,000 value car.

Zach Dutson Sandy, UT

Helped up find a large 12 person van for a family trip to Florida. Super easy to search, connect with the owner though the app, and was about half the cost of the big name rental companies.

Laurel Dalton West Jordan, UT

I used Turo while in Texas on vacation, and it was the perfect setup! Our jeep got dropped off in the wrong location which created some difficulties, but once we finally got the situation figured out, it was so helpful to have our own car to drive around the state!

Larry Blachut CA

My Turo host from Scottsdale AZ was great. The previous renters turned in the car with a cracked windshield. Scottie called me and told me that he would not have enough time to replace it. I asked if it was drivable and when he said yes I said no problem. He documented the crack with pictures and I was off. Good service, good car and great rate. Thus was my first time using Turo and I would do it again , especially through Scottie and his partner.

Mimi Columbus, OH

I booked a car through Turo about 4 weeks ago. I planned on extending the stay, but was unable to because my bank froze my card. I wasn’t able to return the car that night and did not expect my bank to freeze my car cause me to not be able to extended the trip, so I contacted the host and told them the situation and that I would would fix the card issue first thing in the morning when I spoke with my bank and pay for the extended time. The host said it was fine. They then report the vehicle as late the next morning which is fine they were just doing what they were supposed to do and following Turo regulations. My account was then suspended while they investigate or whatever they needed to do to verify everything. I did everything that was needed of me from Turo to clear my account to be able to book again with them. A few weeks ago I tried to login and my account went from restricted to terminated. I have called their customer service and chatted with various of their verification team members multiple times through the day throughout the week for about a month now and nothing have been resolved or nobody has got back with me on fixing the issue like they said they would. I keep getting told that my case was recommended to their special team and someone from that department would get in touch with me via email and nobody has for the last 4 weeks. So, I am not sure when or if I will ever be getting my account back. It was an overall good experience as far as booking and car rental goes. Just don’t encounter any problems with them because it will never get fix.

Chevalisa Bruzzone Santa Cruz, CA

I worked with Mike and Melissa in the Boulder, CO area and I found them to be friendly, caring and professional. And the car was almost-new tidy, smell free and one tank took me seven hours at 70 MPG to deplete! Would absolutely recommend these folks.

Dmitry B Arlington, VA

I like Turo. All was smoothly and convenient. But the only thing was dissapointed to me, After my first car booking "Turo support" starting ask me to send them ID photo and credt card photo. For understanding, I already did it right after registration before my first booking. So I almost sure that was SCAM. Be careful! They writes from toro.com domain and it seems very fishily and suspicious.

Sara Ramirez Montes ,

It was perfect!. Nathan was great!. He answered all my questions right away and made it super easy for me!. I will for sure rent from him again next month when in Minnesota. Make sure to check all the car options he has!. He has all sorts of options!

Kelly West Bloomfield, MI

It was my First time using Turo and I was more than pleased with the ease of the process, The friendliness of Ryan, and the cleanliness of the vehicle. It was honestly, a better Experience than other car rentals used in the past. Thank you Ryan!!

Mallory_B Bedford, TX

Easy check in and out, and a nice clean vehicle. My only complaint is that when booking the vehicle months in advance it was supposed to be for pick up/drop off at the airport...I messaged the owner days before to let him know the flight changed by 30 min and he informed me that I made reservations before they changed it to an extra $120 for airport drop off? I think I should have been told about this, the Uber ride there and back was $60...I would have chosen a different vehicle. Oh well, something to look out for next time.

Dashawniese Rainey Miami, FL

This was my first time using Turo when I had questions the owner of the vehicle respond very quickly. There was some misunderstanding on my end and the issue was resolved quickly. I would definitely rent from Turo again now that I understand the process.

jari56ify ,

When you do have a problem with Turo it is monumental because you can't really talk with anyone. Like so many companies nowadays, they cut costs by trying to make too many things automated. When Turo works like it is supposed to, it is great! If there were an easier way to speak with someone, it would easily get 5 stars. Due to a lowsy chat feature being your only outlet for contact, it doesn't get that just yet.

Derek Jones Washington, DC

This is a great way to rent vehicles. My car had to he put in the shop for emergency repairs and I would not have been able to get around without a car. Turo provided a way to get myself and my family around while the car was repaired

yuli San Francisco, CA

it was good, but very precarious - the hosts are not fully committed to the time frame: one host cancelled on us an hour before, claiming they actually need the car; the second host said it might not be ready on time, though eventually it was. this almost disrupted our entire plans and it seems like there is no penalty for a host to do that, whereas I would have had to pay more had I brought the car back later than agreed. Also, booking fees are very high.

Dan Doyle Los Angeles, CA

My experience with Cheryl has been nothing but positive. Without Toro we would not have been able to vacation as we did. What a wonderful alternative to the status quo of rental car agencies. I'd much rather give my hard earned money to individuals rather than faceless corporations! Thank you Turo!

Laynehorvath Los Angeles, CA

Would use again, but slightly dissapointed. I paid for 3 days for a car rental and mistakingly only put in a 51 hour time slot which is just barely over a 2 day rental to where i paid for the full 3 days/72 hours. To start off i rented the car 2 weeks previous from the trip. So the next day when i realised my mistake, i go onto the turo app and try to change/modify the trip. When i try clicking on any of the links to modify trip it pops up loading like its trying to load and then an "oops, something went wrong" notice popped up. I had a buddy acrost country try on multiple units and it relayed the same message. So at that point i email turo about the situation, which they were very polite but they said they would not be able to edit the trip on their end and i would have to do it through the app or call the number that they had. I was very busy so i waited a few days and called the number for turo and it constantly rang with no pick up or voicemail! So at that point i was kind of dissapointed and figured i would just talk to the owner day of pick up and see if there was anything he would be able to do. Vern the owner was extremely nice but inevidably was not able to modify the trip on his end as its all done through the app! The app that was not working correctly for multiple parties to edit the trip. In the end i do realise it was my mistake to start but i feel like i put sufficiant effort into editing my trip without much feedback/help on the turo side! In the end for a 200$ a day car rental i would say 100% i didnt get the full use of the car for that day and only used 270 of the 450 miles total because of it... just seeing if maybe there is something you could do on your guys end to credit the partial/full day.... once again it was an extremely fun car to drive and everyone was nice to talk to but the small glitches on turos end made it so my full 3 day rental was not fulfilled