Turo Logo

Ka Atlanta, GA

Turo is a great concept. I don't think all of it's users understand the concept of a community sharing service however. Turo still has work to do with it's booking system as well. I've had several experiences where I booked a vehicle and it wasn't actually available and had to be refunded. All of the vehicles aren't clean when you pick them up either unlike a traditional rental car services.

Baker Ellett Richmond, VA

Everything about my experience with TURO and Aldin S. (the care owner) was seamless and worry free. I couldn't have had a better experience and vehicle for my week long trip to the Bay area. Would definitely use TURO again and recommend it to anyone needing that extra special rental vehicle.

Robin Wareham, MA

I've been thrilled with with every rental experience I've had with Turo! To heck with those big rental companies and all the hoops they make you jump through! Turo is a great service that's helped me about 10 times and I tell others about them often and I look forward to planning more trips in the future!

Darrell Bryan Brooklyn, NY

My experience with Turo was amazing and I wouldn't mind using them again. Everything was hassle free, straight forward, and easy to understand. From check-in to Check-out i've had clear communication from who I rented from and was also assisted with additional options from rentee that was easily billed later on.

Alejandro Austin, TX

We used Turo on a recent trip out of state and had a great experience. We were able to get a car that was great on gas and practical for less than we would've had to pay traditionally. The interaction was seamless from start to finish.

Asie Spring Valley, NY

Simply Amazing! I would definitely recommend this to anyone trying to rent a car without the stress. It was a smooth experience with no hassle. My Andrea was responsive and made sure everything was well. The car was just as described and looked exactly like the images provided. Thank You Turo for an Amazing experience!

Gabrielle Sorapuru Orlando, FL

I love using Turo to get rental cars. You don’t have to go through all the hassle that you would with a normal rental car service as well there’s not a whole bunch of hidden fees. Very easy for a young driver (under the age of 25) to rent a vechile without a credit card or a $200 or more deposit.

Smitesh Long Beach, CA

Amazingly simple and reliable way to rent cars. No hassles of signing a number of documents or keeping a deposit. The cars displayed in the list are nicely ordered according to the relevance and I normally do not need to scroll a lot to find the perfect match.

Mike Cove Phoenix, AZ

I have to admit that the concept had me skeptical in the beginning, regular people renting their to other individuals? However, the trip was great, the app incredibly easy to use, and my host was exceptional! I can’t honestly imagine renting the traditional way ever again and I highly recommend giving Turo a shot!

Alejandro Velazquez Los Angeles, CA

The death of Enterprise, Hertz and all those other rental agencies is upon us. Turo is an amazing, affordable service with a great selection of cars. Absolutely genius, can't wait for my next rental. No need to buy a luxury car, I'll just rent a Benz from Turo every special occasion from now on.

Elizabeth Kuhn Norfolk, VA

I am really pleased with Turo except for one thing. .. Before my first trip, I went to the website to use the $25 code, but was unable to. I called customer service, told them the website would not allow me to use the promo, and asked if maybe I could use it now. I was told no, it had to be before the first trip. I'm a satisfied customer, but would have been an EXTREMELY satisfied customer if I were able to get the $25 credit.

Gino Riggi Goldsboro, NC

It's the AirBnB of cars! Everything is insured, so there's no loss of Peace of mind. The app and website are very intuitive. It's very easy to see what's for rent within walking distance. Payment is smooth and easy. Reviews of renter's and drivers gives both parties peace of mind.

Alec Julian Minneapolis, MN

Of the three times that I have rented a car using Turo, each experience was spectacular. I would never rent a car from another big company again, this is much more competitive, and in turn cheaper. I recommend this app to all of my friends that ever need to rent a car! (everyone!)

Kim N Reston, VA

Easy peer-to-peer car rental/sharing service! Beats traditional car rentals and also the prices are very comparable! Schedule pickup/drop-offs are very flexible compared to traditional car rentals as well, so that is a definite plus.

Tim Hoekstra

Turo is the best...give your money, and not much of it...to a person like you who's willing to share. Buy more luxury with your money and find a car with some character. Do you want to drive a mundane rental? Or, something with a personality. I think Turo is the best and i will ALWAYS check the listings from Turo before I travel anywhere.

Karen Walburn Sultan, WA

We rented our car in Phoenix, AZ. The pickup at the airport was quick and easy, as was the short drive to the office. The same was true on our return. Fast, friendly service. The only reason I am not giving a 5 star rating is because the car itself was a bit sluggish going through the hills between Phoenix and Flagstaff. The ease of rental and staff were excellent.

Randy McKinley South Charleston, OH

I like dealing with actual people rather than big businesses. Turo allows me to do just that. The convenience of having someone drop off the car to me & pick it up when I'm done is a game changer when visiting a city that I've never been to. I don't want to waste time getting to my journey. I want it to begin right away.

Jacquelyn Son

Very bad first impression! Booked a car, owner did not respond in a timely manner so we had to cancel. A refund was received but was over $70 short because of the difference in exchange rate. We paid with a Canadian card and the amount was in USD. However, no mention in the policies about not accounting for differences in exchange rates or else we could have acted differently (paid with a USD card). Customer service couldn't do anything, offered credit but we will not be using site again. They offered to talk to someone to put policy on site but didn't help our current situation. Very disappointed.

Nathan Hamilton Redmond, OR

Had a car stolen on the Turo app and they said there is not anything they can do except charge for time used. This app is the worst and a waste of time.

Derrian Tallahassee, FL

I am so happy that someone came up with this car rental idea. My first experience with Turo was to my trip to Las Vegas! It was my 21st birthday and I wanted to ride out in style. I was able to rent a 2018 range rover for 38$ a day! It has cars all the way from kia optimas to mercedes G wagon! I like this company so much because you literally get to choose the exact car that you want to rent, and the people who cars you are renting will meet you wherever you're at to ensure the best experience!

abeer dabbah Gainesville, VA

Terrible customer service, no one to speak with. I was transferred 5 times everytime I chat with them. It has been two weeks since I tried to list my car on Turo, no email and no one contacted me to explain why my account is restricted.

Joy Smith FL

Worst experience ever!!! The car was dirty, smelly, and all kinds of damage took lots of pictures and I contacted owner and told him it was very hesitant to start of course he said it was my fault thar his 2017 Hyundai Atlanta was un perfect condition it was not! Do not rent a car from Kris or this company. Worse ever!!! Did not deserve one star

Forrest Stavish Black Mountain, NC

The worst customer service ever! I have spent hours trying to get them to issue me a refund which they promised and still have yet to receive anything. I just reported them to the California's Attorney Generals customer complaint.

Lenke Kalmár Indianapolis, IN

Awful costumer service. I’m waiting for my refund for more than a month now, and after the 3rd time calling they still say there is no claim put under my name. They have no idea what they are doing. Never using them ever again!

Autumn Kossuth Turtle Creek, PA

The keys to the van I rented got locked in. The owner didn’t have a spare. I had to pay for for the locksmith AND convinces fees. Customer service would not listen to me and kept telling me “it’s policy” over and over again. I will never use turo again.

Zoe Lansdale, PA

Attempted to Rent* But the deal was way to good to be true because it turned out to be a scammer. Turo offered me 15$ off, but that does nothing to the fees. I did get all of my money back (trip was scheduled for July) but I just did not have a good experience at all. Never have used, nor will I ever be using Turo.

Lacey Half Moon Bay, CA

Our rental car was vandalized while on vacation. Gas thiefs drilled into the fuel tank. We have been left stranded by Turo. There has been absolutely no response to our emails or phone calls. Their Customer Service does not exist.

Agee Apollo, PA

Would give negative stars if possible. Booked a car with the proper airport clearly posted. Day of arrival car not present. Owner claimed it was left at the wrong airport. Had to use Uber and get another rental from a proper agency. Will never use Turo again. You are taking a gamble if you book with them.

Stacy Kreysar Carlsbad, CA

Beware- the ‘host’ of the vehicle can claim there is dog hair in a vehicle when there was NOT! They will charge you an addition charge of $150! You have no recourse. Turo has poor business ethics. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

jorge marques Rio de Janeiro, RJ

Be very carefull when you rent. Advertised price os much lower then what you end up playing. If you rent a car that hás not the turo insuranse you dont know how much Will be the depoist and the insurance value. Some diferent offers from diferent companhia are in fact the same operator. Very bad experiência with Miami rent and paradise that os the same company then Miami luxury Cars. Avoid then até all cost ....

Dalia Belton Kissimmee, FL

turo has VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! They have No customer service phone representatives only Chat & Emailing!!! The representatives don’t understand English!!!! turo will take Money from your account Months after your reservation is over & you can’t get any CUSTOMER SERVICE HELP!!!! Don’t use this company!!!! I give turo a 0 RATING, but they didn’t let me rate turo a 0 VERY VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

Sharhea Wise Colorado Springs, CO

This is the worst company even, it’s only for the host not the guest even though the guest makes the company, it’s a set up the host can say anything and Turo is going to believe them I wish I could give them zero stars. The host charge me 250 for smoking which I wasn’t. I asked for the policy on smoking and they give me only a written list through the chat, they are so unprofessional

Jonan Gan

I created my account 2 years ago (pre-covid). I returned to it recently to only find it was "restricted". I contacted customer service support for help and they kept sending me an email saying that choose to uphold with restriction without any reason. I tried approaching them 3 times for help and this was thier response. Their customer service could not even bother.

Cassie Hajek Blosl Sioux Falls, SD

Interestingly, I had a very pleasant experience renting from Turo. And my host left me a strong review. When I tried to rent a car one month later, Turo restricted my account with no explanation. I have a clear record, no driving violations for many years, so I tried to get additional information, but Turo would not provide this because their claim is that this process is propriety. I would not recommend this company.

Tara Chiapelli Milford, OH

Turo charged me for an incomplete transaction. When the car was delivered they told me my paperwork was not complete. I was charged a fee and told it would be refunded once I rebooked in 24 hours. I rebooked and rented for 3 days, completed the rental with photos and all required documents. They refused to return my money for the initial “incomplete paperwork”. DO NOT USE TURO. They will trap you and double charge you for a technicality. I would have used a reputable company had I known they would double charge me. DO NOT USE TURO. They are not BBB BUSINESS!

Tom Washington, DC

Do NOT rent from Turo. I rented a car for 4 hours and Turo charged me $500 then one month later, an additional $525 for additional alleged "damage." I never got in an accident. Keep in mind that a Turo Host has 24 hours to send in pictures of the car in support of any alleged damage claim that they file. So, the Host can drive the car around for almost a full day after you return it, then cause damage him or herself, and then file a claim that Turo will accept and charge you for. This company is a SCAM.

BD17 Newport Beach, CA

The host was a no-show and customer service took hours and hours out of my vacation trying to find a replacement. 30 minute holds, disconnections, lack of knowledge...you name it. They were not trained and I was told there is no US based customer service. I had to speak with 5 reps who were just reading prompts and in two of the calls i could hear the family rooster crowing in the background. I'm all for outsourcing, but the agents need to be able to actually communicate and help resolve the issue. Finally i was told i would get a lesser car for more money! I made a stink and they finally reduced it to the amount of my original booking. But still, it was a very aggravating experience during a time i was trying to relax and spend with my family. My advice is to rent a car where the host has already had many trips so you don't have to deal with any customer service. If a situation comes up where you do, good luck because it is a time sucking hole of misery. And to have to deal with it while you are on a trip or vacation is less than ideal. Or just use Avis...

Kelsey Wong Salinas, CA

I thought I was getting convenience with Turo, but instead I got a nightmare and loss $300. Turo does not protect their guest. I rented a vehicle for it’s all wheel drive feature. However, when I picked up the vehicle, the Host was not present because he was at work. His wife gave me the keys instead. She was unable to answer my questions. I figured I could text the Host as I began the trip. I only traveled 2 miles, so I could use a bathroom, when the Host informed me his vehicle was not an all wheel drive vehicle. He apologized and I do believe he made a mistake. He said he could not give me a full refund because Turo only gives him about 40-50% of the total cost. I contacted Turo support and was bounced around and then hung up on. They told me I could return the car early, but would have to PAY a PENALTY. I will never use their service again.

Lisa B San Francisco, CA

My first rental with Turo was great, with a smooth rental and great communication (host was "Vadim"). I rented again and it was terrible, and the car owner ("Jackson") and Turo switched cars, lied and stopped communicating after I was promised a partial refund (which I never received) for the switched car and terrible experience. I reserved a Lexus SUV and Jackson asked me to switch to an Audi, which was fine. What they delivered later was a dirty Toyota SUV that smelled, wasn't filled with gas and which had the check engine/"maintenance required" lights on the whole time. Jackson apologized at first and promised a significant partial refund, which I accepted. Then Turo delayed, but said the refund was in process. Then they denied the refund, said I had no proof of the issues (wrong--it was all documented in messages and photos) and stopped responding, as did Jackson. DO NOT RENT FROM JACKSON OR TURO. Too bad, the first time was great and I hoped to make use of the service again, but won't now.

Charles Caldwell Dundalk, MD

I've tried logging into turo 3 times now and cannot access their pin they send without looking for pin then must go back to enter the pin on a previous email. But reentering the email asking for a pin voids the pin given so they send a new pin voiding the pin they gave me. I love the prices and vehicle selections but a reservation system less retarded may get 20%-30% more reservstions. Sending a pin as a text so my email form requiring a pin may solve the issue. Or pressing the pin to enter where its required makes more sense. I like the prices so I will try again someday. But for now are you an honest service or a scam? Bought my Samsung A01 cell for its small size not knowing its memory belongs in a toilet with other waste. Next cell will have 256gb memory allowing using apps.

Betty Mississauga, ON

First time trying to rent a car and get this message. I have good credit score, no accidents, no criminal past and still this crap and they say they don't give out any reason it's their authoritative right to say I am banned for life but no reason .. this is exactly communism mindset. Don't ever use them or support such people or companies "Thank you for your interest in Turo. Unfortunately, after reviewing your information, we have confirmed the decision to restrict your account. Turo considers many factors when determining eligibility and we reserve the right to undertake screenings, checks, and processes designed to help verify the identities and/or backgrounds of our Turo users. Although we do not disclose specific details of our internal review process, our decision to deactivate your account was based off one or more of the following: * Failed background screening * Risk flags triggered by Turo’s internal system * One or more motor vehicle record violations * Violation of Turo’s [Terms of Service] We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, but this is a final decision on our part. Thank you again for your interest in Turo. Regards, Turo Verification Team"

Deb Hunter Seguin, TX

If I could give negative stars, I would, like 1,000. Horrible business. I created an account a few days ago, got a rental confirmed for the end of December and everything, even messaged with the host we were renting from and it was all set and no issues, then yesterday, I get a notification that one of my drivers was denied (no reason they should have been denied as they have a clean record, etc.). Not 20 minutes later, I got a notification that my account was banned and rental had been cancelled and no specific reasoning as to why this would happen. I've tried to call and email to get answers and keep getting the run around with generic answers and saying they can give specifics. That's a bunch of CRAP. So really what they are saying is they actually have no grounds for doing this AT ALL! I have a clear record, great credit, etc. I rent from rental car places as I travel for work a lot. At least I see that I am getting my full refund, but now I'm concerned that they have all my information and I feel like they could be potential scammers. Seems fishy, sneaky, underhanded and suspicious this would happen all of a sudden with no indication as to why. HORRIBLE business and we were even referred by someone who is a host. I hope they don't get scammed like us. No we are out a specific vehicle we needed to travel during a time frame it is hard to find something in general or even reasonably priced.

Mark Myland Orlando, FL

11/20/2021 - We have friends that use Turo when traveling. We decided to try it. My wife went on their website and reserved a Chevy SUV from Michael M in Tampa Florida. We live in San Diego. Got up at 3am to catch our flight, had a layover in Houston, got to Tampa at 6pm. My wife had been in contact with Michael a couple of times letting him know when we were going to be picking it up. The day we flew in, we could not get a hold of him. He did not answer our texts nor return our phone calls. It costs us $35 ($30 Lyft ride + $5 tip) to get from the airport to his place. He was nowhere to be found, it was now 7pm and it was not the safest neighborhood. If my wife were by herself, it would not have been a good situation. We called Turo, they couldn't get a hold of him and now we were at the mercy of the "Legit" car rental companies to hopefully get a rental. My wife called Lyft and back to the airport (another $35) we went. Was able to get a rental from Thrifty (BIG THANK YOU to THIRFTY) and headed to our hotel in Clearwater. Turo said they will reimburse us for the rental (really, I'd hope so, they were talking about giving us a credit for future rides, HAHAHAHA) and $50 more toward the Lyft charges. We wanted to leave a review about Michael M on their website so the next person would know, but there is NO place on the Turo website to do that. We even called Turo the next day inquiring how to warn others; we were told there is no way. Bottom Line: if you use Turo, you have no idea who you are actually renting from or what area you are going to be picking it up from or even if they are going to show. If it weren't for Thrifty we would have been in a real crisis; renting from Turo costs us two extra hours of an already long day and (as long as they follow through with reimbursements) $20 in Lyft charges (they would only reimburse $50).

Shannon Adkins Tampa, FL

Turo RENTER BEWARE! I rented a car 11/11/21 from Columbus OH. Got a flat due to debris on the road from an accident that had just happened on 11/11/21 South of Washington Court House on 71 South at 5:15pm The host was amazing the car was great the Corporate Company is AWFUL! Based out of California and their employees do not care that a family of 4 is sitting on the side of the highway in the rain for 3 1/2 hours it is not their problem! We finally found an amazing Tow Truck company to come help us and it was $556 I have tried for DAYS to get to speak to someone to be reimbursed, their solution it is the hosts problem go to the host! I paid for the additional insurance they do not care. The next person I spoke to said sorry the claim needed to be thru them the date of accident/damage I said I spoke to 5 people no one would help us his solution was go thru the host! AirBNB stands behind their Hosts and if an issue arises they take care of it Turo will not doesn't care. This company will not remain in business as I have since seen many complaints like mine! So RENTER BEWARE the Corporate Company will not help you at all.

Wendy Q San Carlos, CA

When we discovered on the last day of our trip that the insides of the two front tires on the car we had rented via Turo.com were bald with the steel belt showing, we felt thankful to still be here and couldn't believe we were in this situation. The host of the car had been on the Turo site for a long time and had rented his car out many times...maybe too many times. We drove over 1,000 miles on steep grade highways with limited shoulders to pull off onto and few guardrails for safety throughout the state of Colorado. We also took scenic byways with sheer drop-offs, such as the Million Dollar Highway. Our trip ended by rerouting to a larger highway in order to locate a tire store. Finally, 5 tire stores and half the day later, we spoke with the assistant manager of a Discount Tire store. He advised us that the two front tires could blow out at any time and that the two rear tires were in the red danger zone, according to Colorado state law. We were able to get in touch with the host who paid for 4 new tires to be installed right then. The host offered to give us a discount on our rental for our trouble, but did not. We contacted Turo, but their only offer was to give us a $50. credit toward our next rental on Turo.com, which we have no desire to do. It is clear to us that policy and regulations need a good makeover. Please be aware that each host on the Turo.com site operates independently and may or may not take the full responsibility of renting out their car to the public with the best safety precautions. Be smart, stay safe.

Rebecca Solheim Washington, DC

I would give Turo a zero if I could. Turo came highly recommended by one of my husband’s colleagues, so we decided to try it for a special wedding anniversary trip - renting a Jaguar convertible from Tampa airport and driving the Gulf Coast for five days. On the day of our flight in October 2021, we woke at 3.30am to head to the airport for our flight to Tampa, only to receive an email from our Turo “host” canceling the car at the last minute. PANIC! How to get ANY other car during Covid-era rental shortages at this late stage in Tampa to get to hotel #1 in St Pete’s and then on to the other hotels along the coast we had booked? So much for our vacation… Thankfully, after much stressful online searching and a few early-morning calls, traditional car-rental company Sixt (the BEST company, BTW) pulled through and found us a BMW 8 series convertible, so a better car and at roughly the same price as Turo, Turo did give us a full refund after leaving us totally stranded without the contracted car, but we will NEVER attempt to use Turo again…

Heather Welch Simpsonville, SC

I had an extremely unsettling experience my 1st time using Turo & will never attempt to use this service again. The couple I tried to book a car with advertised “unlimited miles.” Long story short, when they discovered I was renting a car to go from SC to Ohio, they attempted to charge me more. I simply told them no thanks, suggested they should not false advertise & wished them well. My message was that simple. They proceed to send me LONG messages, telling me no need to be rude, that it’s their car & they can do what they want. My response was “I’m a businesswoman & simply providing feedback.” That was it. They continued to send me messages attacking me, telling me to save my “criticism,” “keep my emotions out of it & my snide little comment.” I was dumbfounded w/ their aggressiveness. I had to ask them to “please stop sending me messages.” Well they didn’t. They proceed to send me ANOTHER message after that, making smart, nasty comments & I could see they were still typing yet ANOTHER message, so I literally had to close my Turo account to get them to stop. I looked at their ad on Turo after I deleted my acct and they had changed their “unlimited mileage” to charge for miles over 600. They did not handle the constructive feedback well & will ultimately result in Turo losing quality customers going forward. Sorry about this long post, but the experience really was unsettling. (**This was a white 2016 bmw 3 series, under the name Patrick, near Greenville, SC. He has 5 star reviews, but these were only from the ppl who rented the car locally. You cannot leave a review of the host if they decline you, as in my situation, even though I was approved by Turo. He knew once he declined me that I could not leave a review on his page, which is why he proceeded to harass me after that. It was truly unbelievable & I sent screenshots of the exchange to Turo Customer Service). I would have booked another car through someone else on Turo. However, this experience was so unsettling, that I will go through a rental car company from now on.

Martin Palo Alto, CA

I would give 0 stars if I could. I was falsely accused of damages I did not make. I am still fighting this $1.4k damage claim. The host claimed 1 hour after I dropped the car off in a parking lot per the host's request that I damaged the rear bumper. I had already uploaded photos after the trip clearly showing I didn't commit these damages. They also are trying to charge me for previous damages in which I have provided close up screenshots. As well, some agents are saying you can't clearly see the damages but I am held liable, and some are saying you can clearly see it, but when asked for photos of it, they cannot provide any and just say the damage is there, even though the picture has no damage. They just take your money to avoid a setback from the host.

Mark Jones Miami, FL

Hosts beware! Hosts beware! I rented my Chevy Express for 3 days. When it was returned, the renter exceeded the mileage limit by over 300 miles and the interior was completely trashed. I submitted an additional invoice to the renter per Turo’s instructions. The deadline came and went and the renter simply ignored it so the claim was “elevated” by Turo. This morning, I received a notice that Turo denied my claim because I did not submit pictures PRIOR to the rental. I sent before and after pics of the odometer but neglected to take before pics of the interior. (I didn’t think the interior pics were needed since the van was new. Besides, no one would have accepted the van in the condition it was when it was returned.) Nevertheless, Turo denied the claim for a second time. So, I’m out the $53 cleaning fee but I thought I would get reimbursed for the mileage portion- NOPE! They didn’t even give an explanation for the SECOND denial! If it’s THIS hard to get reimbursed for excess mileage and a cleaning fee, imagine what would happen if the renter had an accident.

Brian Peterson Eagle Mountain, UT

I found TURO to be not significantly cheaper than standard rental companies AND customer service was poor. A deer hit the car mirror and our credit card insurance wouldn’t cover TURO (we are American expats living in Europe). Our oversight was not verifying insurance before. The car owner was fine; we paid the full repair bill ($1200 - would’ve been covered by American Express if it were Hertz, Avis, etc. But not TURO). My issue with TURO is their total “inability” to help us out after the incident (no claim was filed). Their “policy” was inflexible (I wanted to get insurance to at least drive it legally to the Toyota dealer and have it repaired). They were NOT helpful. Hours later, after chats and speaking with multiple individuals, they provided no useful options. Too bad, so sad, you’re screwed. Needless to say, I will never use their service again.