Best Company Guarantee Palmetto State Armory Logo

Palmetto State Armory

LAST UPDATED: January 21st, 2023

Palmetto State Armory is based in Columbia, South Carolina and began as an ammunition and magazine website, eventually growing to become a full-service retail firearms brand.

The company offers a wide range of firearms, ammunition rounds, targets, tactical gear/clothing, and accessories.

According to its website, Palmetto State Armory carries popular brands like Remington, Beretta, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory, and more.

The Good

• Wide Selection
  • Helpful Website Features
  • FFL Dealer Locator
  • Reloading Resources

Wide Selection

Palmetto State Armory offers a large selection of handguns, rifles, shotguns, and various firearm parts and accessories.

Potential customers will find that Palmetto State Armory has a decent variety of ammunition for sale including handgun, rifle, rimfire, shotgun, and training ammunition rounds. Additionally, the company's website regularly features clearance ammunition and firearm products that better suit customers who are on a budget.

Palmetto State Armory typically has a large selection of parts and accessories in stock including a variety of tactical, survival, and safety gear, knives, both steel and non-steel targets, tools, other weapons, and much more. The company’s wide selection rivals most top firearm and ammunition retail stores.

Helpful Website Features

Compared to other online firearm retail store websites, Palmetto State Armory has helpful search features, especially for new site visitors.

The company’s website has a search bar at the top of each page that allows customers to easily input what they are looking for. Additionally, each category page on the company’s website has a “Browse By” filter tool that allows customers to view items in specific categories.

These search and filter features help website visitors, especially new website visitors, more easily navigate the company’s website and limit the amount of time customers have to spend looking for products.

FFL Dealer Locator

Palmetto State Armory offers a helpful FFL Dealer Locator tool directly on its website. This tool allows customers to input an address or store in order to find the nearest FFL dealer. Customers can also type in their city name in order to find FFL dealers in their area.

Reloading Resources

Palmetto State Armory has a large amount of reloading items for sale including kit accessories, brass, bullets, presses, priming tools, reloading equipment, etc.

The company also sells reloading-focused books, DVDs, and software for those who want to begin reloading their own ammunition. Unlike many other firearm and ammunition retail companies, Palmetto State Armory has an entire category dedicated to reloading products.

The Bad

• No Comparison Tool
  • Slower Shipping Times
  • No Order Edits

No Comparison Tool

Although Palmetto State Armory has helpful website features, a price comparison tool is not one of them.

Many top online firearm and ammunition retailers offer a simple, easy-to-use comparison tool to help each customer obtain the best prices.

Since Palmetto State Armory does not appear to offer a standard comparison tool on its website, customers are forced to compare items on their own.

Slower Shipping Times

According to the Palmetto State Armory website, non-specialty orders typically take five business days to ship out.

Upper receivers can take up to 15 business days and firearms as well as lower receivers can take anywhere from 7 to 10 business days to ship. These shipping times appear to be slower than many other gun and ammo online retailers.

No Order Edits

Once an order is placed with Palmetto State Armory, it cannot be edited or changed if the customer wishes to add something to the order. Customers must either place a separate order or cancel the current order.

To cancel an order, customers have to call the Palmetto State Armory customer service department to start the process.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Palmetto State Armory has several impressive top-brand products in stock and has a good online presence as well as a solid customer base.

The company sells a wide selection of firearms, ammunition rounds, weapons, and tactical accessories in addition to selling a range of reloading resources, products, and accessories.

Although the company does sell some high-cost items, it's important to note that Palmetto State Armory features frequent product sales on its website. These lower-cost products may be good for customers who are following a tighter budget.

In addition to a featured sales and deals section, Palmetto State Armory’s website also has simple search and filter features that help customers, especially new customers, easily find the products they are looking for without wasting time.

Palmetto State Armory, however, does not appear to have a standard online price comparison tool, has slower shipping times than some other online firearm and ammunition retailers, and does not allow customers to edit orders once orders are placed.

Those interested in the products sold at Palmetto State Armory may want to visit the company's website, view the company's shipping and order policies, and read a few buyer reviews before making a purchase.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

John Ennis Gadsden, AL

I have purchased numerous items from PSA and have been disappointed once. I purchased an AR-15 receiver for a build and while installing the trigger guard one of the mounting points near the pistol grip broke while driving the mounting pin through. I am still waiting on a response from PSA about this issue and will reserve further comments until I am contacted or not!

Darren Smith Nashville, TN

Though palmetto doesnt focus on the ultimate quality, I have never had a problem with any of their products. I love the fact they make it affordable for all Americans to buy and protect themselves. That being said, their blems are amazing. This manufacturer puts out firearms that should be 300 more then what the ask. I'm not saying do that. That's the reason I buy so many firearms from them. I can always upgrade.

Frank bastone jr Gastonia, NC

I live in Nc I Csnt wait for psa to open a store and range near Gastonia I use psa for everything buying direct when I can or using my ffl the prices are the best and usually have everything new and in demand. They also make a great brand of their own amd I'm proud when I see them on either the tv commercials or now on all my outdoor channel shows and their locations and the sawmill and the gathering are becoming huge in the shooting world

Johnson Fries, VA

Quality that's affordable. Common man company cause there there for the common man. You can't beat how affordable there stuff is an how it stacks up to top tier companies. My psa custom build at $1400 an a $2900 ar. From looks yes there some diffraces an builds different an more expensive on the high dollar ar. But at 100 yards, the expensive ar had a group of .80 to 1.50 inch. My psa build ar had a group of 1.70 to 2.20 inch. To some that's a diffrace but to me. That's still excellent quality from a gun that cost x2 less bust still in that accuracy range an quality.

BigDaddyMatty Columbia, SC

i've bought many products from Palmetto State Armory and i've never had a bad experience with receiving my item either from the store or shopping online and having it shipped to my house. I go to the Palmetto State Armory store very often and the employees are really helpful with their services. Palmetto State Armory has great quality products at an affordable price. That's a free man's dream

Brett Stinson Apex, NC

This place is the best online retailer for firearms. I accidentally ordered a pistol that was in my cart. I changed my mind about the exact version but accidentally ordered it (pistol went to the FFL). They also had a 2 box of ammo promo and they shipped it too. I called to return it all. They sent me a free shipping label for the pistol to take to the FFL and told me to keep the ammo! WHO DOES THIS????!!!!! They did it all without me escalating past the customer service rep - Bridgette ROCKS!

Joseph K. Coleman Warrendale, PA

Palmetto State Armory is the most bang for your buck firearms manufacturer. Excellent quality control on a budget. Not to mention they stand up for our 2A rights by putting budget friendly firearms into the hands of American citizens everyday.

mike m Lake Placid, FL

Highly Recommended This is my second lower from PSA. Outstanding workmanship at an unbelievable price! This one will support my .458 SOCOM upper. I have not seen anyone else able to sell this level of quality at these prices anywhere. Have done a lot of Business with PSA and will continue to do much more. Highly recommended

Jomer Credo Westmont, IL

It should have been 5 if Palmetto didn't frustrate me with one of my last buys. I bought a package deal of PSA rock 5.7 with two magazines but the two magazines were not included even if there's no restrictions about the magazines capacity in my county. In fact I bought separate rock 5.7 magazines from them and the items had arrived on time. What was frustrating was the replacement for those missing magazines had arrived in almost three weeks from the date when I called them about it.

B0N3Z El Dorado, KS

I've ordered several items from PSA. I've never had a bad experience. A few firearms, lots of ammo and some accessories. All arrives in time and as advertised. Others talk bad about PSA, but I trust everything they've sold me work my life.

Von McCormick Ida Grove, IA

The Prices Can't Be Beat, if you compare all the other firearms companies don't come close to the prices of ammo, build prices of ARs, complete Ars, other firearms. Shotguns, pistols, revolvers,all rifles everything. Quick shipping. The call center needs to add more staff. If you need to call in, make sure you have time.

Matthew reavis Taylor, AR

I got a mini darco with the brace about 5 years ago (passed my concealed carry class with it. What it's a pistol) the front handguard split into two pieces. I glued them back together not a huge problem but not good when gun starts falling apart while firing! especially a 900 dollar gun. Then I got a psa dagger blem and the p mag it came with (only one) would jam every other shot but I sloved that issue by quickly throwing that p mag in the trash. Glock mags work flawlessly. The dagger is a great deal! Make sure you get some glock mags for the best experience

Tolar Powell Gainesville, FL

I've ordered from Palmetto State Armory many times, and I've never been disappointed. They're my go-to for firearms and shooting supplies. Everything is just as described (or better) and I love the products they craft themselves.

Eric Reeves New Lenox, IL

I was referred to PSA by a friend who's been a customer for years. I am a new gun enthusiast and the site, prices, and info given helped me greatly on finding an firearm that fit what I needed. Very happy with every part of the process.

Steve-o Las Vegas, NV

Have done many purchases with palmetto,with only one hiccup in years, when they oversold the 57 rock & failed to notify me for a couple weeks. It all worked out in the end,have made purchases since and items were sent in a couple HOURS, highly recommend them,99% of time great communication, sometimes "stuff" happens.

Brad Crestview, FL

palmetto has everything you would need as a beginner, the quality is good at a price point that cant be beat, i wish palmetto was like a walmart down the street so i cam walk in not knowing what i need only to find something i must have

Rodney Johnston Midland, NC

Website is user friendly. Items are described in great detail. I have had multiple orders every one has been seamless process. From searching to shipping customer is kept informed of the process. Products I've received, including blemished, excellent fully functional out of the box.

Dave Motl Winchester, TN

Great customer service. I purchased a Rifle but I ordered it in the wrong caliber. I didn't realize this until I picked the rifle up from the FFL. I called Palmetto and without hesitation they took the rifle back. I had to ship it back and they gave me full credit. I then ordered the rifle in the caliber I was wanting. Very pleased with their customer service!

Freedom Ringer Loranger, LA

I've been using PSA as a sporting provider since 2014. As an American company that has integrity in their word just as much as the products they distribute how could you not support them. They also continue to innovate to allow every American get the piece of hardware that they want. American Ars/Aks, subguns, Ar10 in .308, the dagger and rock, and now the jakl? Think of were they can go from there. I hope to see the jakl take Ak magazines, possibly have the ability to swap the ejection port like the tavor. Will Psa make a bullpup? Flame thrower? 37mm flare launchers!? Take notes PSA I'm handing you ideas love, Freedom Ringer

Paul Broxson Shalimar, FL

I own several different firearms from PSA (AR and AK platforms) as well as parts for both and PSA AK-47 magazines. You can find great prices, especially on AR's, if you need a solid weapon, but have budget constraints. The PSA AR's I have shoot and function just as well as an AR I have from a different company, that cost over 2X as much. Fit, finish, etc. have been great too. I have both 5.45 and 7.62 PSA AK's, and they're awesome. Again, function, fit and finish were perfect. Both are super accurate. The PSA AK mags are excellent. No issues at all. Shipping has always been fast. Any possible delay to shipping, due to volume of orders was explained upfront and was still very reasonable. Longest I waited was about 9 days. I've only had to call customer service once. A minor issue of two mags missing out of 10, that came with a Daily Deal. Customer service picked up immediately, apologized for the error and had the other mags out the door quickly. I recommend PSA to people all the time. I can't say enough good things about their in house weapons. You can get a quality budget rifle all the way up to fancy, and the fancy is still a great deal. Excellent company.

Don Davenport Richmond, VA

I've had numerous deals with PSA, in the passed 5 years! All good! I own several AR'S built using their uppers and small parts, each one turned out moa accurate. I currently await the arrival of my Rock 5.7, and feel certain it will be just as pleasing.

MARK MCINTYRE Spring Hill, FL

They were very fast with the order, the shipping, and providing the tracking information. It made it very easy to know when to expect my FFL Dealers call as to when it arrived.

Full Moon Shawnee Mission, KS

I have bought multiple lowers, pistol and rifle and have had zero problems. I have fit 3 different manufacturer uppers to them and have had excellent fit and finish as everyone like to say. Service is also very good.

Barry Hughes Rochester, MN

Being a ex 10 year army officer and outdoorsman(Hunting). PSA is my go to stop for AR rifles and accessories. Psa has made it possible for a average person to afford and rely on for your defense when it counts.

C Turner Moberly, MO

Palmetto, even though they are somewhat slow to get stuff out the door most of the time (expect 3-5 business days) have always got my packeges to me safely and I love their products. They aren't the speediest, but they'll get the job done right.

Kelly Iola, KS

I've ordered various items, 3 different times, from Palmetto State Armory, and each were delivered in a timely fashion, and everything that I had ordered, was correct and free of ANY issues!

Lester Galley McLean, TX

Quality products and have always performed by what they say! Tracking and shipping right on the mark. You always know when their products ship and when they will arrive. Very pleased with is company.

Jason Reville Middleburg, FL

They know what they are doing. Veteran friendly machine shop. Outstanding customer service and support because you never need it unless you can't decide what to buy because they make great weapon systems.

Michael Hedgesville, WV

Their products and customer service is second to none. They take pride in their product and they bring it to market at a rate that is affordable, without sacrificing quality and reliability.

David Lexington, SC

PSA has a range of products to meet varied shooters needs and budgets. PSA is also dedicated to protecting the 2nd Amendment through manufacturing, distribution, and event sponsorships.

Thomas Henley Brookfield, WI

This Company has the best prices and products that you can find. Their customer service is second to none and they believe that Americans have the right to keep and Bare Arms.

Harry Anderson Ephrata, WA

I have made three purchases from PSA and have been very satisfied with the quality of the product. I have one complete weapon the "Dagger," and have found this weapon to be both reliable and accurate

Scot Sheely Irmo, SC

I like their product selection. They need to work on customer service issues, though, for online orders. Also, I have received 2 parts kits for AR builds that are missing parts.

Mike L Youngsville, NC

They are a great value . Their prices are always great and their selection is always growing . Not only are the guns prices fantastic but also the ammo and accessories are a great value

Jay Philadelphia, PA

I believe that Palmetto State State Armory is great very dependable reliable great quality. I just recently start dealing with them so it's a little too early to give them a five star so I rate them with a four-star but I'm sure somewhere down the road if ask in the future I will definitely be rating them with a five star.

Darren R Salem, OH

I typically never give 5 stars because every company has things to improve on. PSA is awesome though! Never had issues with them at all! Even after reading reviews others left, and then trying the product myself, it's never what the reviews say, and I'm always a happy and RETURNING customer!

GeaRed Weird Denver, CO

This is the purchase of my 4th PSA firearm I’ve been a customer for years . Learned and supported when living in the palmetto state before there growth spurt and becoming as big as they are in 2022 Glad to see a company produce a great product And stand behind it ! Excellent products and incredible service/ sales experience!!! Cameron in sales is very knowledgeable and has great experience in helping the customers through the pros and cons of purchasing firearms I recommend any consumer to try there products and customer service

Allan J Laird Orem, UT

Palmetto State Armory has been great to work with. Shipping was always quick and easy. Customer service was very friendly and responded quickly when I couldn't find the FFL I was looking for. I will definitely order again in the future.

Nathaniel Trusty Circle Pines, MN

This is a good company to support. Their message is clear and I stand behind it. I haven't had an issue that required customer service so I can only gauge that on other peoples' experience. If you're buying cost-value items, just know what to expect and you won't be disappointed.

Jeff D Mechanicsburg, PA

It was a cold winter day in PA. I decided to go try out my ammo fro PSA , and wouldn't you know a avalanche happen and all my pew pew catridges were buried for ever. But before this happen I fired a couple and they worked flawless. So great job PSA and have a nice weekend.

Shrial J Baksh Cokato, MN

I love everything about PSA, their prices and quality, simply can't be beat. Shipping time could be a little faster in my opinion, but I guess it just adds to the excitement when you receive your merchandise. PSA all day for me!

Angel Castaneda Las Vegas, NV

Most affordable, they lead the way for made in the US companies, and all at the same time, they defend the 2nd amendment by making new products and even bringing overseas products to our country to be made in house. By far, they are my favorite company to date. One thing that I believe would complete the experience, is for them to have a customer loyalty program. Paid membership for free shipping or to take advantage of new sales that weren't available for past loyal customers would be great. But if that never happens, they're still the best company for sure.

Chad Dawson Baltimore, MD

They make great products and have amazing prices for all items, not just their products. They have no problem exchanging products or even redesigning bad designs. Customer service is Real People! Lifetime warranty on most all PSA brand arms, and not just for the first owner, literally says 1st or 10th we got you. Who does that people who care, I love PSA.

Joseph Emile Danet Miccosukee Cpo, FL

I gave PSA a high rating because of an internet search for the best company, quality and price. I read the reviews from others in the comment section of a product I was interested in, and eventually bought a few products from PSA and was not disappointed. Low prices and high quality. I get better deals through PSA compared to the local firearms dealers here in town. Thanks PSA.

David Alfred Hill Largo, FL

Sales and service were great.Product knowledge and availability whereas most companies were backordered with no idea when product would be back in their stock.

Kirk Hill Richmond, TX

I have bought many items over the last three years and have never been disappointed. From AR parts and uppers to sights and optics never had an issue.

Mike Beatson Inman, SC

My go to Dealer for firearms and accessories. Fast delivery, knowledgeable employees, and usually have a good amount of stock. Oh Yeah the Daily Deals are awesome too

Adam Smith Lake Park, GA

I've order quite a few times and never been disappointed. Always fast shipping even when I've had products sent to a FFL. Always been quality products and good prices.

Steve McGeachy Granite Falls, WA

Good prices fast deliveries on items. Large selection of firearms suited for many purposes. Great values on ammunition and a wide selection of accessories.

Tanisha Lee Palm Coast, FL

I e had overall great experiences from quality of the products that I order and their service if I have questions. The turn around time is quick as well!