Palmetto State Armory Logo

Palmetto State Armory

Is This Your Business?
LAST UPDATED: July 11th, 2022

Palmetto State Armory is based in Columbia, South Carolina and began as an ammunition and magazine website, eventually growing to become a full-service retail firearms brand.

The company offers a wide range of firearms, ammunition rounds, targets, tactical gear/clothing, and accessories.

According to its website, Palmetto State Armory carries popular brands like Remington, Beretta, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory, and more.

The Good

• Wide Selection
  • Helpful Website Features
  • FFL Dealer Locator
  • Reloading Resources

Wide Selection

Palmetto State Armory offers a large selection of handguns, rifles, shotguns, and various firearm parts and accessories.

Potential customers will find that Palmetto State Armory has a decent variety of ammunition for sale including handgun, rifle, rimfire, shotgun, and training ammunition rounds. Additionally, the company's website regularly features clearance ammunition and firearm products that better suit customers who are on a budget.

Palmetto State Armory typically has a large selection of parts and accessories in stock including a variety of tactical, survival, and safety gear, knives, both steel and non-steel targets, tools, other weapons, and much more. The company’s wide selection rivals most top firearm and ammunition retail stores.

Helpful Website Features

Compared to other online firearm retail store websites, Palmetto State Armory has helpful search features, especially for new site visitors.

The company’s website has a search bar at the top of each page that allows customers to easily input what they are looking for. Additionally, each category page on the company’s website has a “Browse By” filter tool that allows customers to view items in specific categories.

These search and filter features help website visitors, especially new website visitors, more easily navigate the company’s website and limit the amount of time customers have to spend looking for products.

FFL Dealer Locator

Palmetto State Armory offers a helpful FFL Dealer Locator tool directly on its website. This tool allows customers to input an address or store in order to find the nearest FFL dealer. Customers can also type in their city name in order to find FFL dealers in their area.

Reloading Resources

Palmetto State Armory has a large amount of reloading items for sale including kit accessories, brass, bullets, presses, priming tools, reloading equipment, etc.

The company also sells reloading-focused books, DVDs, and software for those who want to begin reloading their own ammunition. Unlike many other firearm and ammunition retail companies, Palmetto State Armory has an entire category dedicated to reloading products.

The Bad

• No Comparison Tool
  • Slower Shipping Times
  • No Order Edits

No Comparison Tool

Although Palmetto State Armory has helpful website features, a price comparison tool is not one of them.

Many top online firearm and ammunition retailers offer a simple, easy-to-use comparison tool to help each customer obtain the best prices.

Since Palmetto State Armory does not appear to offer a standard comparison tool on its website, customers are forced to compare items on their own.

Slower Shipping Times

According to the Palmetto State Armory website, non-specialty orders typically take five business days to ship out.

Upper receivers can take up to 15 business days and firearms as well as lower receivers can take anywhere from 7 to 10 business days to ship. These shipping times appear to be slower than many other gun and ammo online retailers.

No Order Edits

Once an order is placed with Palmetto State Armory, it cannot be edited or changed if the customer wishes to add something to the order. Customers must either place a separate order or cancel the current order.

To cancel an order, customers have to call the Palmetto State Armory customer service department to start the process.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Palmetto State Armory has several impressive top-brand products in stock and has a good online presence as well as a solid customer base.

The company sells a wide selection of firearms, ammunition rounds, weapons, and tactical accessories in addition to selling a range of reloading resources, products, and accessories.

Although the company does sell some high-cost items, it's important to note that Palmetto State Armory features frequent product sales on its website. These lower-cost products may be good for customers who are following a tighter budget.

In addition to a featured sales and deals section, Palmetto State Armory’s website also has simple search and filter features that help customers, especially new customers, easily find the products they are looking for without wasting time.

Palmetto State Armory, however, does not appear to have a standard online price comparison tool, has slower shipping times than some other online firearm and ammunition retailers, and does not allow customers to edit orders once orders are placed.

Those interested in the products sold at Palmetto State Armory may want to visit the company's website, view the company's shipping and order policies, and read a few buyer reviews before making a purchase.

View Best Guns and Ammo Stores

2.0

James Drennan IA

I like PSA's selection. I like their prices. However, I'm giving them 3 stars because their time to ship (not the time with the actual carrier) is on the slow end of the industry. In June of 2022 I purchased my first AR15 from a local store. Once I had it and understood the platform, I realized that I wanted some better parts and upgrades. In the past month, I've ordered from Brownells, AT3, TaylorFreelance, Botach, some Etsy store selling gasblock jigs, and Amazon for various parts. TaylorFreelance (was for components for my Walther Match 5). Anyhow, shipping from all of the retailers has been considerably quicker than from PSA. For example, on June 26, 2022, I ordered an armorer's wrench from PSA so that I can change my gas block to a low profile gas block so that my free float handguard will fit. On July 6, 2022, I ordered to basepads from TaylorFreelance and a new trigger assembly from AT3 tactical. Also on July 6, I received notice from PSA that my order finally shipped (10 days after placing the order) and that I would get it on the 11th. The items from TaylorFreelance and AT3 both shipped on July 7th and were at my door by July 9th. Today, July 11, 2022, I check to see when my PSA order will arrive and it won't be until tomorrow July 12. Meaning their estimated delivery time was even wrong. While I can't fault them for the delay by UPS, I can't understand why they take so long to deliver. And to be fair, I order ammo from them and it is usually as slow or fast as anywhere else. In the end, if you find a great deal at PSA... and have half of a month to wait, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd recommend ordering from somewhere else. While I can't confirm this, I can't imagine paying to upgrade to expedited shipping from PSA (very expensive) only to find out that they still take 10 days to process an order... but the carrier will get it to you overnight- so 11 days vs 3-5 days with the other guys I've purchased from.

Adam State College, PA

They are a great company however, they do use fedex smart post as their standard delivery which means cheaper shipping but extremely slow and unreliable shipping. I’m at 8 days already for a small package that is still 2 states away.

jjfitch Shelton, WA

I have ordered and received a complete rifle 6.8 SPC and separate complete upper and complete receiver in the past 2 years. Everything was as specified and delivered in a reasonable time. For my purposes I am completely satisfied with the quality of the parts, assembly and performance. I have also ordered a Sig red dot and Sig scope that were also received as specified and delivered in a reasonable time. I cannot speak to the issues others have experienced since I have had zero issues. Consumers as well as manufacturers are all experiencing issues with high demand and slow response from vendors and deliveries. Huray for PSA for even trying to stay in the firearms business! Banks don't want to lend firearms manufacturers money to keep up with demand and COVID and other issues are making it difficult to get employees to show up for work! PSA will continue to be my "go to" AR vendor!

Michael Lancaster Eureka, MT

I ordered an AR upper, lower, a case, and some mags. Everything except the upper came in a reasonable amount of time. After nearly 60 days of waiting, I attempted to contact PSA by phone and email. The wait times on the phone were so long that I usually just hung up. After waiting almost 30 minutes one time I was hung up on. In the meantime, I received an email from them saying they had canceled my order which is not what I wanted. So now almost 2 months later I still can't complete my build-out. I finally got Daniel on the phone who said there was nothing he could do, my order was canceled and that was that. I asked Daniel if they could reinstate or reship my order but he said he could not and then hung up on me.

IFilmAlways Hickory, NC

The actual weapons seem to ship out within the week but they have serious issues with Ammo.. You can order is fine, pay and then all of a sudden it sticks in shipping for over a week.. You finally call them and they say they are out of stock and the order is being cancelled.. Its happened 2x times already and I'm tired of it.. I have found another shop in which to buy.

Bob Peterson New York, NY

Read the reviews, seems like a lot of people are upset with PSA because they didn't do their homework regarding the FFL they chose.??? Here's my experience. I bought a PA 15 300 blkout pistol about 1 1/2 years ago. The gun arrived at my designated FFL, (who was in PSA's database) in a timely fashion. The gun was perfect out of the box. I have only put about 500 rounds through it but it has performed flawlessly. I have not had any cycling issues. I've put both steel case and brass through it. It shoots every time I pull the trigger. All communications with customer service, (prior to purchase) were helpful and timely. I would buy from them again.

Marshall Nachtman WA

I will no longer purchase items from PSA! I purchased a defective AR lower in February and shipped it back to PSA. The work has been completed for close to 2 1/2 weeks and they still have not shipped it back. After several emails and phone calls they still have not resolved this. I was told it was being shipped out and was given bad tracking information several times. When you call their customer service they are unable to provide you with any helpful information. I have also sent an email voicing my concerns and this awful experience and customer service, in which they never replied.

Jessica Jordan Charleston, SC

I went to the Summerville location to purchase a weapon and my husband was with me. After showing my husband the gun, and getting his opinion, I informed them that I wanted the weapon. I have previously tried to purchase the weapon online but it was out of stock and they finally had one in stock. My husband then walked to where the scopes were to see if it would be cheaper to buy the one with a scope or purchase a scope separately. My license was given and I filled out the form on the computer. After 5 mins a lady calls my name to rudely tell me that I am not able to purchase the weapon because they felt like I am buying it for someone else, that "someone else" that they assumed that it was for was my husband, who has purchased his own weapons from this location so there is no need for me to purchase a weapon for him. I was using my bank card, my license and I filled out the form and acknowledged that if I purchase a weapon for someone else, what the consequences will be. I was purchasing a 10mm. I have purchased a gun there before for myself and my husband was with me every time. When he has purchased his weapons, I was there with him. I was in the military for 10 years and I have shot plenty of weapons. I felt so disrespected by the staff there and the General Manager Eric because they made assumptions about my husband and I and not even having a conversation with us beforehand or even looking up his name to show that he has purchased weapons from there before so he has no reason for me to buy a weapon for him when he can do it for himself. I will never purchase another weapon from them again, and I hope they never treat a veteran or anyone the way they treated me and my husband.

slmoye Charlotte, NC

Visited the Greenville PSA store and was very disappointed in the overall "attitude" of the store personnel. They were not helpful at all. The counters were devoid of sales personnel so I had to search for a salesperson. I found one who was in a conversation with another employee and was totally ignored as I waited patiently to not interrupt the conversation. Once I had their attention and ask about a particular AK47 that was on the web page the salesman advised that he didn't know anything about AK47's but took me over to the AK47 counter/gun rack. I shared a SKU # but was advised that the internet SKU's were not the same! Finally another employee came over and entered the SKU # into their system and it pulled up the rifle I was interested in. I ask if they had it in stock - a simple question. One salesman looked at the rifles that were on display and quickly said, "No we don't have it, you will have to order it on line" in a very rude and disrespectful and dismissive manner. I then ask if they had a similar rifle that was comparable to the one I was considering so I could check out the quality and feel of the rifle - In a very demeaning tone the salesman advised me to just order the one on line if that was what I wanted. At this point I was appalled by the rudeness of both these PSA employees and their reluctance to even show me an AK47. I then ask if they could see if the rifle I was interested in was available at one of their other stores - I was told they could not verify whether another store had the rifle or not. I was again told I would need to order the rifle on line and have PSA ship it to the Greenville store for pickup. I tried to tell both these PSA employees that would have considered an alternative rifle that was comparable but was again told to order on-line. I didn't even get to mention the fact that I was interested in "two" AK47 rifles, extra magazines and bulk ammo as a part of my order. So in frustration and feeling a bit embarrassed by the nonchalant attitude being show - I took my $2000.00 wish list and left the store. I really don't think I'll ever shop at PSA again. In fact, I just bought two "Riley Defense RAK103 MFT AK47's, 2000 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo, and 10 magazines" from Atlantic Firearms --- I spent close to $3000.00 at their on-line site and will be receiving all my order within 4 or 5 days. Order place, received, confirmation notice that order was shipping and a UPS shipping number - all within a two hour period. So NO, I would not recommend going to a PSA store because they are arrogant and disrespectful!

Darren Epstein Fort Lauderdale, FL

Terrible customer service! I asked for a phone call back, no! The girl on the phone never fired a gun, I wanted to speak to a gun person over a $800 purchase. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN - SIG P365 XL SPECTRE CUSTOM WORKS vs. SIG P365 XL SPECTRE COMP, very minor differences, I needed to speak with a gun person! I don't need a robot to read from a website, I need to ask a question from someone that understands guns. PS: 45 minutes on phone/hold. Not cool guys, I offered you to call me back when you were available. Just take my name/number and call me when you have a minute, that is fair, that's American. ??

David Astoria Lytle, TX

I've ordered 5 complete uppers, 4 complete lowers, and 2-3 BCGs from PSA over the past couple years. The quality is always great, the pricing is excellent, and the shipping times are always prompt. So, I've had zero problems with them. Of course, I can't speak for customer service as I've never needed it.

Jim King Morganton, NC

I recently ordered PSA's 10.5" Carbine-Length 5.56 NATO 1/7 Nitride Lightweight M-Lok MOE+ EPT SBA3 Pistol. I had it shipped to my local FFL dealer. The gun arrived two days after the order was placed. Yes, it was in stock. But, a two day delivery on an order is phenomenal. Moreover it is exactly as advertised. Most of the complaints I read here aren't about the quality of the weapon. They will continue to be my go to place for my AR needs.

KenK Mountain Home, AR

PSA offers a wide selection of guns, at very competitive pricing. I've ordered dozens from them and have always been very satisfied with the company and their service. I have only had one problem with a single defective part on an AR15 build. When I emailed them with the description, they sent the replacement part in the mail within a week... no questions asked, and I didn't even have to return the defective part. I don't usually write reviews, but after reading several that were left here from disgruntled customers, I just had to speak up for PSA. Please don't be fooled into thinking these negative reviews represent the average customer-they are not at all typical... without a lot of satisfied customers like me, how else could these folks have become one of the biggest and fastest growing gun suppliers in the USA? They're my favorite and I'm confident you'll be very pleased if you give 'em a try.

John Saint Augustine, FL

I have purchased 3 rifles from them. The last needed some repair. I contacted their customer service on 23 Dec 2021. I received a reply on 7 January 2022. I followed the instructions and the leg me know they received my lower on 12 January 2022. This was not a major repair, the magazine well was very tight. It is either in spec or it is not. I have contacted them continually but get the same run around, " it is in the repair shop and being worked on". Today, 2 months after they received my lower, I spoke to the customer service representative and got the actual same answer on Status. I believe if an item takes 2 months to repair it is time to send the customer a new one!!!

JLH Dallas, TX

They are such a high volume builder of AR's that I was able to catch a sale and save a lot of money. The AR I bought had 124 five star ratings. They shipped it to the FFL I choose off of their website which was very close to where I live. The AR arrived way faster than I was expecting!!!

starcastle22 Phoenix, AZ

Ordered a AR15 pistol, and was my mistake I had it sent to an out of business FFL dealer. Weapon was stuck at UPS office, I called PSA and they set up a return and I went online and selected a legitimate FFL dealer. All this caused a bit of a delay but not bad. PSA customer service was good to me. I was nice to them on the phone and they were nice and helpful in return. I also like how they make affordable guns and you can upgrade as needed which is fun. Way to go PSA!!

Zane Adams Arlington, TX

I have made four purchases from PSA ove the last two years. A friend has made two purchases, a coworker two. Two out of those 8 had trouble with the arms. Crooked sight post, and a bad extractor. Both fixed with no questions. The extractor took 3 weeks. The sight took two weeks... Shipping included. Shipping notices were I consistent. But the products showed up quickly anyway. All of the firearms have been well made and all work very well and are accurate. Great value and good customer service. Just what you need. Nothing to complain about.

Neil Axelrod Marietta, GA

I read some of these reviews and wonder what company they're talking about, because it doesn't sound like PSA to me. I've purchased thousands of dollars of merchandise just in the last year, from firearms to accessories to ammo. Each time the items arrived as advertised, and in the couple of cases where something needed tweaking or replacing (AR-15 front site post was canted, BCG was supposed to be one type and was another), they quickly provided a RMA with prepaid shipping label for UPS to return it for free. I had to pack and take to the UPS Store. The items were corrected and shipped back to me prepaid and in a reasonable amount of time, typically around a week. The one knock on PSA is they can be a little more expensive when the item isn't there brand, such as a brand name rifle or handgun. But they often have inventory in stock when most others don't.

Dutch Jennings Midlothian, VA

I have purchased MANY ARs from PSA. The so-called "criticisms" of the PSA rifle here are pretty laughable and not something to be taken seriously but I suppose the author had to scape the bottom of the barrel to find something to snipe at them about. Yah well the reason PSA is a little slower than "other" companies sometimes is because they are blowing the competition away in price and quality- EVERYBODY wants them and they can't run fast enough to keep up. I'm sure S&W, Ruger and all the rest wish they had THAT problem all the time like PSA does. Other PSA owners I know also make a habit of going back for repeat purchases so they obviously are putting out a quality high demand product.

Anna Seattle, WA

I purchased an AK-V a few weeks ago and never received it. UPS had carelessly delivered it TO A RANDOM PERSONS HOUSE instead of an FFL that I had chosen when I ordered. Thankfully this man called the authorities and now the firearm is in safe hands - however, this situation could have been terrible if the firearm got into the wrong hands. Palmetto has barley done anything to help this serious situation and I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone in the future. I never even received an apology or my money back for that matter. Beware supporting a careless company.

uday Ashburn, VA

These guys dont do due diligence. The customer service hung up rudely when I asked my refund was not handed out. I called them to cancel the order before it was even being shipped. They didnt. They shipped it. Now they have the item back as per UPS tracking and got an email saying that refund will be processed on 5-7 business days. Despite 10 business days, it was not and I called customer service about the status. They say the item is not in their system and it is still with some unknown "third party". There is a total disconnect and customer service doesn't know the status of order.

KI W Peachtree Corners, GA

Decent prices, but I ordered a red dot sight over 3 weeks ago, was charged immediately, but it has not shipped. The issue isn’t necessarily that it has not shipped…….there is no way to get in contact with someone to ask if it is in back order, lost, or otherwise. I have ordered from PSA in the past and their shipping times are not stellar, but 3+ weeks is pretty slow, with no resources to see where my order is. Yes, I have sent inquiries with no responses. It has been a solid month. I cancelled my order. Waited on line 44 minutes to get to a live person as there is no other way to cancel an order. Disappointed. Will be a while before I order from PSA again.

Dean Piper Rapid City, MI

Absolutely no communication!! I ordered a CMMG 22 conversion kit from them on January 27th 2022. My Credit card was charged on the 27th for the purchase. They sent an email stating it was shipped Jan 28th. Three weeks later the UPS tracking number states it hasn't left Palmetto. I have called and just get a recording. I have sent messages to their help desk and still no response. Very disappointed so far and still waiting! Dean Piper

Des O'Neill Sparta, TN

This is an ongoing saga. After significant effort, many weeks and emails, etc., they refunded me most of the bucks for an old gun advertised as 'completely functional', but with a barrel so bent as to be outright dangerous to shoot. Having dealt with 5 different employees, I don't know if they are overwhelmed (as one employee claimed), dumb or sketchy. BUT, they get it wrong every time! After significant complaint they agreed I could return the useless gun, but they still owe me bucks after specifically offering to refund my FFL fees too. I have requested the rest of the money, and will continue to diss them on reviews and shooters' clubs blogs I belong too, till they pay up. Be VERY CAREFUL contracting with Palmetto State Armory!!!!!!!!!!! Worst customer 'service' I have experienced in many years in business.

Jk Charlotte, NC

I can not say anything good. I will never ever go back. Went to buy a pistol. Have the man concealed weapons permit & license. Looked at the gun held it, inspected it as if it was mine. Said they needed to see if they could use my license because my licenses had scrubbed numbers off. Took them in the back. Said yes they will work. Then proceeded to tell me that I needed to fill out paperwork. Had been a while didn’t realize I didn’t even need to fill paperwork out with a concealed weapons permit. Then they said we can’t sell you the gun because of your licenses. Was so rude & ugly. Treated us like criminals. Never go here!

Poke

Had my firearm shipped to PSA Columbia SC paid for next day air, it arrived at 11am the next day. Went to PSA at 6pm they said it was in the back to call back the next day, I've been calling for days. The phone rings, an automated voice comes on, you select the customer service option then the phone hangs up on you. I've called 62 times, haven't spoke to a live person not once. When you go in to the store the employees treat you badly and when you call the phone hangs up. I have never had an issue with a pistol being shipped to an ffl, why I selected PSA Columbia SC is beyond me, biggest mistake ever. Being that a customer is at their mercy, it's not anything I can do. I wasn't being impatient, the CSR said call back tomorrow but he said that knowing no one will ever pick up the phone. PSA lack of customer service and unprofessional employees is why I will never return. Asked a simple question at the gun counter, he walked off to find an answer so I Googled it, he came back and have me some over talk babble while never answering the question I already had the answer to, instead of saying he didn't know, pathetic. I've bought 9 guns from PSA over the past 5 years in store was able to wait at the counter and leave with my firearm the same day but using them for an FFL pick up is a bad choice.

Carlos Fredericksburg, VA

BEWARE!!! I just purchased a firearm from them that went on clearance. They prepared the order fast, and shipped it faster. To my surprise, when I went to my FFL dealer to pick it up, I found alert signals that the firearm has been used. There was clear distress on the interior and exterior of the barrel. There was both debris and a circular indentation found around the firing pin from the casing of bullets being repeatedly fired through the firearm, and the top of the ejection port was scratched up due to the slide moving back and forth when ejecting spent casings. It seems that they cleaned the firearm to remove all traces of gun powder, then over lubricated it in attempt to mask the striations and wear and tear. I asked my FFL dealer to inspect it for me and they came up with the same conclusion.....it has been used!! The FFL dealer stated that they can run a background check on the serial number for me to ascertain whether the firearm had any previous owners, however I would have to pay a fee. If PAS plays around with me and states that they sent me a NEW firearm and refuses to refund me, I will pay to have the serial number ran and subsequently file a civil suit against them for false advertising and selling fraudulent firearms.

Derrick Robinson Blythewood, SC

I like the store and their gun range, but their lack of customer service has me regretting giving them my business. I would only recommend purchasing items instore and to stay away from ordering online. Order a pistol for my wife for her birthday back on 10/28, it supposedly shipped on 10/30, and here it's 12/15 and still no package. You can call all you want, they'll just direct you to website that does nothing for you but to submit a request they never respond to. Can't cancel it even though it's past the their website 15 business day ship time. I don't want to cancel it through my bank, but its looking like that might be my only choice in the matter.

Chris Billings, MT

Spent a few grand on Black Friday deals my ffl tried screwing me for 50$ an item transfer fee was told they couldn’t change shipping and I’d have to return them then reorder them and select the other ffl all shipping was free and they forgot to tell me they’ll charge me for return shipping and a restock fee and then I call a few days later and they say oops we could had just changed the delivery to the box store ffl and email my junk folder telling me to accept the fees immediately or they’ll cancel em I was told I’d get a phone call or an email with the updated tracking info so idk what’s going on here but it feels like stealing my money and it’s pissing me off. Have had a great experience with multiple other online gun venders idk what happened here I hope this is a rare case and personally feel like psa should eat those fees since I reordered and ordered multiple thousands in stuff but o well right little guy gets screwed as usual

Reyhan Clark Augusta, GA

I bought a product early November as a Christmas gift for my husband. I bought it in Early November, I returned the product December 30th shortly after Christmas Via FedEx. I emailed them three times about my refund, finally I called and was on hold for over an HOUR, only to be told it was last 30 days and I can’t get a refund. I asked them to send my item back and was told it couldn’t be found, Very poor customer service they don’t care about the customers. Customer service rating is a ZERO, don’t buy from them.

Todd Cothran Monticello, GA

2 months ago I would’ve given them 5 stars. I placed an order on their website just like I’ve done before. I get the email saying it’s in the store to be picked up (Greenville SC). I get there and only part of the order is there to pick up. Leland told me the shotgun was not in. I asked him to check again and he ignored me. Bottom line, who knows where my shotgun is. I’ve called every number I could possibly find and every push of a button leads you to another dead end. (RABBIT HOLE).

Darryl Piedmont, SC

i ordered 2 PSA shotguns both 2 days apart, they have been in shipped status for three weeks and trying to track the order as they advise you to do is a waste of time. I have tried calling them on several occasions to get an update but the expected wait time for your call to be answered is mind blowing ( I guess they hope customers get impatient and decide to cancel) but after waiting 45 minutes to an hour the customer service waster your time even more cause they have no information on your order. have been waiting over a month for my orders now and still NOTHING!!!

JOE Tyrone, PA

VERY DISAPPOINTED! I SPENT ALMOST ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ON VARIOUS PRODUCTS WITHIN THE LAST TWO MONTHS. I HAD THREE SEPERATE QUESTIONS THAT I EMAILED AND RECEIVED NO REPLIES. MY LAST PURCHASE WAS "DROP IN" TRIGGER ASSEMBLY FOR AN AR 15. ADVERTISED AS EASY INSTALL. HOWEVER, NO INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION. THE PALMETTO ARMORY AR RIFLE HAS TWO CAP SCREW OVER THE ASSEMBLY PINS WHICH DOES NOT RESPOND TO ATTEMPT TO REMOVE WITH SCREW DRIVER. CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WAS TOLD THEY CAN NOT HELP AND I WAS TO CONTACT THE MFG. I THOUGHT I WAS TALKING TO PALMETTO ARMORY THE MAKER OF THE RIFLE, BUT APPARENTLY IT MUST BE AN CHINESE IMPORT. I DID RECEIVE A RETURN AUTHORIZATION # AND HAVE THE TRIGGER PACKED AND READY TO RETURN. BUT WOULD LIKE TO KEEP TRIGGER IF SOMEONE CAN GIVE INSTRUCTION ON INSTALLATION.

John Langell Albuquerque, NM

Buyer beware! I have purchased many times in the past from Palmetto and I guess I was lucky up until this point. If you buy something from them they make it very costly to return it even if it is their fault. I purchased 2 items on an order, first item shipped quickly, second item did not. After 12 days of waiting for the item to ship I purchased the item from another vendor. I called, as their website directed me to, their 800 number and was on hold for 45 minutes. The operator informed me that since there were 2 items on the order and one had shipped, the other item could not be cancelled eventhough it had not shipped yet! I asked to speak to a supervisor, was told there was not a supervisor I could talk to. He said he couldn't transfer me to anyone. I pressed that there must be a supervisor unless he was the owner of Palmetto, he said he wasn't and while I was on hold he spoke to his supervisor, contradicting himself that there wasn't any supervisor that could come to his phone and speak to me. He told me that the fine print on their terms and conditions said I HAVE TO accept the shipment once they finally decide to ship item #2 and pay the shipping back to Palmetto with an RMA and they will charge a restocking fee!!! Keep in mind, in the last 30 days I have spent over a thousand dollars with Palmetto getting ready for hunting season, which meant nothing to them. I told them I was going to contact my credit card company to stop payment and he threatned me that I would be blocked from purchasing from them again! I said that sounded great because I will NEVER order from Palmetto again!! I have been a customer for many years now and they could care less that they lost a customer... over not cancelling a $79.00 trigger.... In short Palmetto feels that customers are worth far less than $79.00. As I said in the beginning.... BUYER BEWARE!

Jose Rosa Port Orange, FL

Ordered a drop-in AR trigger, got an AR handguard, really, no joke. Then to add insult to injury, rather than just ship the correct item ASAP. I was told by customer service that I have to first ship the wrong item, so then they'll ship the correct item after they receive the incorrectly shipped item. That is like ordering something and withholding payment at my leisure until the item arrives. So I Have to wait for them to receive what they sent me, to then wait again for them to ship my item.

Willy Espinoza Harlingen, TX

Pistol kit for AR 15 blew up in my face. They tried blaming it on the lower manufacturer and I told then nothing is wrong with the lower why would I call the lower manufacturer. I finally sent the blown upper with the lodged round which was 223. They got it told me it was a 300 Blackout round that was stuck and therefore not covered under repair warranty. I know for a fact it was not a 300 Blackout but a 223 Remington and that's their way of squirming out of their warranty coverage...AGAIN. HORRIBLE!

travis hartley Indianapolis, IN

These shipping times are ridiculous. I ordered a lower on September 2nd in the morning still have not even made it to my ffl. That’s almost 2 weeks. Far below what I would even consider being acceptable. PSA needs to focus more on customer service . And getting products out the door . Would recommend going a different direction there are way too many places that offer better products and better customer service. Bigger is not always better when dealing with a company. Look around I wish I would have.

Ted Mahoney Delray Beach, FL

I have 2 PSA guns, a PS-15 and bought a ks47 in May. They sold thousands of ks47's as many had been waiting for months for it to be available. Most of these guns are malfunctioning due to a flawed extractor. The company says they have a lifetime warranty, however, they say they will replace it, but don't know when or IF they will ever be back in stock, so basically if you bought a ks47, you're screwed.

Patrick Jacksonville, FL

I ordered two firearms off them, one was shipped the next morning, two weeks have passed and no update available on the pistol. I found out today that the first firearm was from a third party . I tried to cancel the pistol because I don’t believe it’s in stock, called 4 times in 4 days, hung up on twice, all I wanted to know is when it was getting shipped but the person I spoke with after a 45 min hold couldn’t tell me and also informed me I couldn’t cancel, I have to wait for it to be delivered to the FFL than have it returned to PSA first, then I could cancel. Their customer service sucks, they don’t even attempt to act like they give a F…. I’ll never buy from them again !

Joe Simeone Hyden, KY

Palmetto state armory, makes America's gun (the AR-15) affordable for all. Their shipping has gotten faster but demand is high so shipping is slower everywhere. Try PSA you won't regret it.

Heather Slytherin Stillwater, OK

Thieves and liars. Never do business with this company. They stole yes stole near $1000, ruined two young mens birthdays. I ordered 2 guns on 6/20/21 had a nasty email that the FFL dealer was not current to immediately within 48 hours find a new FFL or pay restocking fee. I did so and Crystal on the 6/22/21 had emailed that accepted and will be shipped. 6/29/21 chat gave me a fake delivery confirmation or shipping number. I asked what address and he gave TX. I live in OK. He refused to escalate and dropped chat. I took screenshots. I then had 7 hours later a return call form being placed in the call back que. This woman said “it was Crystals fault as she did not send update to warehouse. Another lie. Then told me the $500 e-gift card that I purchased on 6/27/21 takes 48 hours to post, sorry Sunday does not count. Guaranteed in your email today. Nope, but I did speak to Crystal and informed her of other employees blaming her! She has messaged management because no email or e-gift card and of course the gun he wanted is no longer on sale. So if Crystal management team does nothing, she will personally call me back and we will try and process a refund. 7-14 days later again! You should have more employees like Crystal. You suck at managing your company. Or just thieves and liars more likely. DO NOT SHOP here!

Ran Head Vineland, NJ

I purchased a Black Aces Pump Shotgun from Palmetto and they sent me a “compliance” email. The email stated, “Our company policy prohibits us from shipping semi-automatic shotguns with any of the following: magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a folding stock, or a pistol grip to the state of New Jersey.” So I call them to let them know I ordered a PUMP shotgun not a SEMI-AUTOMATIC shotgun. They did not care and cancelled my order, even though the manufacturer of the gun specifically states that the gun is NJ legal. So I was purchased the same gun from another retailer who is better informed than Palmetto State Armory.

Josh Taf Colorado Springs, CO

If you haven't ordered with them yet save yourself the headache. -Customer service is nonexistent -Order shipped incomplete - Order took 14 days to ship

DoAN1GHTMARE Columbus, OH

Ordered ammo 4 days ago and it still hasn't been processed. I can understand shipping taking time, but running low on patience for just processing an order.

Brian Dodge Peoria, AZ

Be weary about purchasing from PSA, I ordered a beautiful railed upper and was shipped an ugly M4 style upper by mistake. I totally understand mistakes happen, but the way they handle it is totally unprofessional. they gave me a ups GROUND shipping label. I was half tempted to send it Next Day Air C.O.D. then they finally receive the upper and now its going to be 7-10 business days before the proper upper is even sent. I don't believe Ill ever do business with them again after this. My first experience with them and they mess up this bad.

Stephen Daly Middletown, NY

I am with the 68% that give them 1 star there customer service is horrible they lie about shipping times. Do yourself a favor save time and aggravation and shop elsewhere

Larry Renner Moore, SC

Order on June 6,2021 THEN it stated out of stock , the following week it stated shipped , 2 weeks later sent e-mails asking when it would arrived , no answer , 3rd. week sent 2 e-mails , no reply , call center stated [ at 8:07a.m.] it would be a 3-4 hour hold time . Now in 4th week sent request to BBB to ask for help as PSA will no answer.

Chris Carson Plano, TX

As others have mentioned. Their customer service is SO BAD it surely thumps any positive aspects of this company. Another customer lost here. I hope they go belly up!

Thomas Bogaert

Customer service is a joke! After 2 months and several attempts they couldn't deliver anything I ordered!

Brian Lockhart Orland Park, IL