U.S. Waterproofing

LAST UPDATED: December 14th, 2021

U.S. Waterproofing has been a local, family-owned business since 1957. The company aims to pursue total peace of mind for its customers through education, comprehensive solutions, and over 55 years of experience. U.S. Waterproofing claims to be the largest basement waterproofing and foundation repair company in the Midwest. The Better Business Bureau gave U.S. Waterproofing an A+ rating and won the Torch Award in 2006.

The Good

• Comprehensive Services
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Time in Business

Comprehensive Services

U.S. Waterproofing covers a wide range of problem areas, including the following common issues:

• Foundation wall cracks
  • Tie rods
  • Masonry foundation leaks
  • Basement/egress window wells
  • Sump pump

Treaments are aimed at preventing significant water damage/water seepage, and often include some combination of exterior waterproof membrane, interior drain tile system, and foundation crack repair via epoxy injection or wall clay process.

Lifetime Warranty

In addition to having a lifetime warranty, U.S. Waterproofing has a separately staffed warranty department. This is unique to the waterproofing industry, and customers benefit from having specific staff available to help them with any issues that occur after the work is done.

Time in Business

U.S. Waterproofing has been in business since 1957. As one of the older companies in the industry, it has had years of experience working on a variety of different basement solutions. The company is also not a franchise, but rather it is a third-generation family owned business. Customers can depend on receiving quality work from an expert company that takes the time to hire and train the right professionals.

The Bad

Covers Three States

Although U.S. Waterproofing claims it is the largest basement waterproofing and foundation repair company in the Midwest, it only covers three states: Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana, and Southeast Wisconsin. These locations also don't cover the entire state, so relatively few customers have access to U.S. Waterproofing's services. We encourage any homeowner living in the company's service area to read verified U.S. Waterproofing reviews.

The Bottom Line

U.S. Waterproofing is an experienced company with reliable employees. The company has been in business for over 55 years and has the family experience to back it up. The basement waterproofing company offers a lifetime warranty for its customer, and it also provides a separate staff specific to managing your warranty, so any problems are fixed easily and quickly.

U.S. Waterproofing only covers a few locations in three states though, making it inaccessible to the majority of the country. If you do live in one of the covered areas, we recommend using the company for all your crawl space or basement waterproofing needs.

bookmark

Featured Review

R. Scott Justvig Palatine, IL

Their pricing was reasonable, their professionalism was incredible, they were efficient, timely, and effective with their service.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your comments and thank you for choosing us!

bookmark

Featured Review

Mary Beth Alba Mount Prospect, IL

The whole process was easy, product was great, and the people who work there are awesome people.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing U.S. Waterproofing, we truly appreciate your business and the kind review!

Charlotte Lewis Elk Grove Village, IL

Frank was very helpful with his suggestions on my issues with the sump pump discharge. He worked very hard with the Village of elk Grove to make sure that we were doing everything according to the village codes. Frank was also very helpful when I had to redo my window wells liners and covers. As well as the rest of the team coming in and taking correct measurements for the installation. Bill and his team won installing the window well covers as well as redoing all of the sump pump discharge connecting was very professional, as well as very friendly. Your team did not mind answering all my questions and there were plenty of them. And explain to me why this had to be done and that had to be done they made sure I understood everything before we moved Forward from one step to the other step while the installations and everything were being done. Thank you very much.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We are glad that we could answer your concerns and to help make keep your basement dry!

Valerie Lynn Henrich Oswego, IL

I needed them in an emergency...flooded basement...and they responded to re-do an outside window well, but evidently that was not the primary source of the problem labeled "seepage" and not covered by insurance. They were only one of four or five contacts who serviced my needs at the time. It took several months to do all the necessary recovery work and I am not confident that the problem of gutter spillover is resolved and will prevent a problem in the future. I am still dealing with Leaf Guard Gutters for further service and corrections to their work. t evidently that was not the primary source of the problem

Jerry Tatar Wilmette, IL

They installed an underground pipe from our downspout to the middle of the backyard in order to remove standing water around our house. Their price was reasonable and they made the installation quickly. The result has been excellent.

Ricardo Sanchez Oak Lawn, IL

Very good work and when it rained, water did not come in from the locations patched, however water still came in from the joints where the wall meets the floor. This was unknown via the initial walkthrough, but it is still kind of a bummer as the actual issue was not repaired on the first go. That said, they would give me credit for a future complete basement resolution, but unfortunately that is way above my budget.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Unfortunately the problem was larger than a crack repair. We try to offer the least invasive and least costly option that we think will solve the problem first before offering the one size fits all, major repair. Thank you for your review!

Anthony Mickel Chicago, IL

Most of the work done on my sidewalk and patio was done pretty good . However, there was a section that I pointed out to the person in charge, that needed to be adjusted . He agreed with me. I aked if his crew would return to adjust the paroblem and he said that he would. That was months ago and other than this email , I haven't heard back from your company !

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your feedback! We have contacted this customer and set up service to rectify this issue.

Dec. 14th, 2021

Anne Lyons Round Lake, IL

Scheduling department was messed up rep arrived to do work several hours before agreed time. Salesman didn't communicate with laborer and all the work we were told could be done actually couldn't. The one crack that was fixed we haven't had a problem with so far. Called another company to work on the other 2 cracks didn't trust US Waterproof after poor customer / sales service

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We apologize for the miscommunication!

Tonya Holly Calumet City, IL

Not to happy with the results. I had concrete raising done and informed the technician that came out that water runs under my side door down towards my basement and was told that would not be an issue an the raising will fix the issue. Well when it rained and the issues still happens and i reached out to him, I was told to call the warranty department. Not even one month after work completed.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We have contacted this customer to try to rectify this issue.

James Cherry Country Club Hills, IL

Everyone was friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and explained exactly what they were doing and why. Everyone was also very respectful of my home making sure everything met my expectations.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your kind review!

Diana Fries Glen Ellyn, IL

The initial contact with the person giving the estimate and quote was excellent. The first crew did a pretty good job with the work. They were courteous, professional and hard working. We contacted the foreman and had him come back to review some concerns. He arranged for a crew to return and fix the areas needed. The second crew were frankly lazy and tried to get out of doing what they were sent to do. After a conversation with their supervisor, they begrudgingly did the work. One disappointment that wasn't fixed was damage to some shrubs near where they went into the basement. They were not willing to give us a credit towards replacements or offer to replace the shrubs at all. We were told they don't know what they could do about that. 😒

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We have reached out to this customer to look into the damage to the shrubs so that we can make this right! Thank you for the review.

Dave Oak Lawn, IL

U.S. Waterproofing encapsulated the crawl space. The overall experience was excellent. The crew arrived ready to work but they did not have the instructions to add stone to level the crawl space. They contacted their manager. The issue was solved by a redirection of one of their trucks with stone. The four man crewed worked quickly and efficiently. They added the stone and installed the water barrier on the floor and walls. The final result was a fantastic professional job. This is the company to go to if you have any moisture problems in your basement or crawl space!

May. 17th, 2021

Dorothy Coleman Dekalb, IL

Had to have the job redone using a better technique that should have been used the first time. Trusting that the job had been done right the first time, I paid a handyman to cover up the wall with insulation and new drywall. This had to be torn out just a few months later to have the job done properly. Now I have to wait until the heavy rains of spring to make sure the second treatment is working before I pay to have insulation and drywall redone. I will be out close to $1K in handyman costs because the job was not done right the first time.

Dave Goldman Elgin, IL

The recommended solution did not solve my issue. We did discuss that the service was not a guaranteed fix prior, so I was not completely surprised, but paying what I did I really had hoped it would work.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review.

Georgena Chicago, IL

They were really easy to work with, very friendly, and did a good job. I'm only giving 4 stars because the filler seeped through the cracks to the outside of the home which is fine and expected (you've got to fill that crack right?). The only issue is they didn't clean it up at all or give us any instruction as to how to clean it up. We can't just have the yellow foamy styrofoam-like stuff sitting all around our door, it's very unsightly. So at least some guidance there would have been helpful, since they didn't seem to think it was their job to make it look a little nicer.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Sorry to hear about the urethane which expands to fill in areas, but sometimes goes beyond the area we want it to stay in. Please contact our warranty department at [email protected] and we will help you. Thank you for choosing us!

Ann M Winnebago, IL

Everything was handled professionally. I had my first meeting with Pat L. who was very thourough and explained everything quite clearly. When the work was done on my basement, the men were very polite and worked hard the whole day. I would definitely recommend US Waterproofing to anyone looking for a fix.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate the opportunity you gave us to work in your home!

Melissa and Jeff Garretson Orland Park, IL

Our sales representative was extremely helpful and thorough. He was very communicative and even came out to our house to do a water test for leaks. We greatly appreciated his expertise and was the main reason we decided to use your company.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing us to work in your home to help keep your basement dry! We appreciate your review as well.

Tom Wheaton, IL

From start to finish US Waterproofing was profession and courteous, but more specifically worked with me in determine the scope of my project. They answered all of my questions, worked on time, handled all the necessary requirements, and kept the work areas clean.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your business and the kind review!

Beth Schaefer Lowell, IN

We have used US Waterproofing for years, and they have always backed up their warranty and provided the best work/product we've ever seen. Very prompt in their responses, very courteous staff, just an excellent group to work with.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for the repeat business and for your very kind review!

Ozzie Smith Flossmoor, IL

Thus far their service has been great. The last service was deemed necessary to eliminate seepage. I will know for certain when the next heavy rain happens. I believe given US professional techs advise that this remedy will work.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for the review!

Keith Jager New Lenox, IL

Our representative was knowledgeable and honest. We first had you out to check on water in our basement. He found that the water was actually coming in our window on the first floor. We then had our entire sump pump system replaced and drain line extended. Quality of work was fantastic.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work in your home!

Tequilla Clinton Chicago, IL

They did a fantastic job and they was in and out. They was very nice and was welling to work with me giving my situation I had going on at the time.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing U.S. Waterproofing!

Alexandra Haralson Aurora, IL

all employees were kind and respectful. Went above and beyond to serve the customer. They were able to get me in quickly. Communicated well.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your kind review and your business!

Jerry Schillinger/ Mary Baljevich Chicago, IL

They knew their stuff when talking about our crack problem. The work was done well and pretty quickly. Left the area clean.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing U.S. Waterproofing!

Joseph R. Kropidlowski Batavia, IL

They gave me a discount based upon being both a senior and a veteran. The work was extensive but the quality was top notch.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review! Our company was founded by a veteran who wanted to honor his time in the service with our flag logo and U.S. Waterproofing name.

Vince Mokena, IL

I had to argue with the actual install crew to fix the cracks above my windows the way my sales rep informed me. After the crew said no they couldn’t do it and I asked them to leave. They ultimately came back and did the repair the way they said they wouldn’t above the window. Knowledge is power. Your team seemed to have a disconnect in the way each division communicated with each other.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We apologize for the miscommunication about the repair. Thank you for your comments!

Linda Ida Schaumburg, IL

They were clear on how to fix our problem. They told me how they would fix it and then scheduled a date, came in and did exactly what they said. Cleaned up after themselves and the project was done.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing U.S Waterproofing to work in your home!

May. 17th, 2021

Ricardo Kirgan Griffith, IN

People are nice, but I tested the backup pump a month or so after they installed it and good thing because it wasn’t working. They came out and replaced the defective pump and discovered that the battery supply was also defective. But they replaced them with the same brand/model as the defective ones. That doesn’t exactly give me peace of mind. Now when I test the pump, the indicator says that the battery drains to 47% after only 3 cycles. That means that if the power goes out in a rain storm, the battery will be drained in about 15 minutes. That is, if the reading on the power supply can be trusted. They have good customer service but the products they install are questionable. I don’t have the peace of mind that my basement won’t flood.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We have contacted this customer to take the next step to ensure the backup sump pump works correctly. Thank you for the review!

May. 19th, 2021

Cindy Rolling Meadows, IL

I would absolutely recommend you use U.S. Waterproofing. They were great to work with from start to finish. I had multiple cracks in my basement. The advisor Joe came out and did a very thorough inspection. He found multiple foundation cracks. The price to repair including removing my shelf and removing drywall was very fair. The crew did an amazing job, they were clean and covered all the items in my basement that would have otherwise been covered with dust. They replaced the insulation and drywall. The only they did not do was paint after mudding the wall back up. They were very communicative and the customer service reps were amazing. I am overjoyed with U.S. Waterproofing and the service they provided. I will be recommending them to all of my friends and family and will absolutely be using them again in the future.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you so much for the review Cindy! We value Joe very much as an advisor and are happy to hear that you had such a great experience with us.

Apr. 16th, 2021

Hunter Riverdale, IL

US Waterproofing made a mistake and we had to pay for their mistake. Also we were to get a promotional no interest and didn't receive that either. Not happy with them at all!

Solka Wood Dale, IL

We had work done 20 years ago and they fixed our leak under warranty We've had them do other work. Never any problems

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing U.S. Waterproofing to work in your home!

Norbert Chicago, IL

Customer service was thoughtful and thorough. Tech came out within a few days and did an excellent job with the leak.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing us to help keep your home dry!

Tim Reiland Glenwood, IL

Very good customer service and quality of work. We have not have any water issues since the work was completed.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your business and your review!

Joyce A Musial Riverdale, IL

Their employee explained what was done and answered all my questions. No water in the basement since .

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing us to help keep your basement dry!

M Troyer Frankfort, IL

I've had them do work 2 times and both were professional and done right the first time. Workers are very nice too!

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing us again! We appreciate it.

Irene Jamroz Des Plaines, IL

We spent a lot of money ($17,000) to have the basement waterproofed and foundation repaired, the basement has leaked water and another repair was done, this happened 3 times and 3 repairs, the last repair was done 10/11/2021 and it needs to rain a fair amount to see if this repaired worked which probably won't happen until spring and we are trying to sell the house. NOT HAPPY AT ALL

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We have reached out to this customer and set an appointment to water test the repairs that we have made to ensure that the repairs are functioning properly and to take care of any issues, with the goal being that the house can be sold without issues.

Nov. 17th, 2021

Bill Elgin, IL

Great salesman who was upfront and honest with us. Looked to solve the total problem. Not just a quick fix. The crew did great work from being to end.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review. We try to be comprehensive in our diagnosis in order to prevent future problems as well.

Florence Springfield Chicago, IL

My basement still leak they cam back dug in the same hole now that stuff Came up more my basement still leaks they say they could not come back no I want recommend you all and I paid you $1,600 was that because I woud’nt take the $10,000 loan that we’re going to cost $23,000 I could afford that then you should have told me you could not fin it but rather to Ripe me off know I will not give you all a good raring yes I woo not give you a good rating at all you did the same thing to another person people’s asked me about you in my community I said if you take out a loan for $23,000 snd I heard that does not work either you just in a big Debt

LaJoy Hill Calumet City, IL

Fast response and great service. I called to schedule a appointment and they came out within a week. Everyone I communicate with were very friendly.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review and for being a repeat customer. We appreciate your business!

Tom Riesing Arlington Heights, IL

Courteous. Professional. Informative. From the initial sales call to the final walk through, the team answered every question and covered every detail.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review and for choosing U.S. Waterproofing, we appreciate it!

Derrick Williams Oak Park, IL

They did a great job. They were on time everyday, kept me updated on the progression of the job, and helped put my fears about getting water in my basement to rest

Aaron Peck Deerfield, IL

Great follow up from the company. We had a small misunderstanding and US Waterproofing went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied and happy.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your patience with us and for the kind review!

Alan Becker Hinsdale, IL

Their analysis of our situation was objective and not directed at selling more service than we needed. The work that was done was completed quickly and professionally.

Brian Chicago, IL

Very helpful when giving the quotes and remained helpful after the work was done and I needed to track down some documentation. Work was done quickly and well.

Chris Mourtokokis Chicago, IL

Dave, our sales rep, is fantastic. Super helpful and reliable. Always answer our questions and very patient with us. Would 100% recommend him to anyone.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review! (We showed it to Dave as well.)

Joseph Foerster Munster, IN

There was a lot of difficulty with getting the job completed. Scott was great and the workers were very professional, but the customer service was lacking when it came to completion of the work.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We apologize for the delay in completing the job, but want to thank you for choosing us!

Sharon Doepping Crown Point, IN

I have sent letters and an email asking for help. They were not able to do the job according to the original plan. I asked for a detailed paper on each wall showing what they did... no reply. We asked them to fix the issue... no reply. Lost sale of home due to angled basement floors and now a requirement of 500 per year for USW to come and flush the system Can't ask new buyer to expect such. Also items were stolen that cannot be replaced. We have no evidence except they were there when we started and not when we finished. Had to have Scott come back and help us put back cabinets and dryer we were unable to level things by ourselves. Had to clean rocks off the floor and from under the carpet and repaint the walls. They left a mess and our landscaping they moved they never put back. Our driveway crack has now expanded from the heavy trucks.

Bob Berzin Winthrop Harbor, IL

Quality work and professional staff..On time, and cleaned up everything from the job.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We truly appreciate your business and your kind review!

Nello Vignocchi Orland Park, IL

They fixed my uneven garage floor issues as anticipated. Workers were personable and professional.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your kind review!

J Baker Gary, IN

Even though there no more leaks, the concrete is uneven and cracking, discharge vertical pipe is leaning

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Please contact our warranty Department at 847-303-6688 so that we can help!