U.S. Waterproofing

U.S. Waterproofing has been a local, family-owned business since 1957. The company aims to pursue total peace of mind for its customers through education, comprehensive solutions, and over 55 years of experience. U.S. Waterproofing claims to be the largest basement waterproofing and foundation repair company in the Midwest. The Better Business Bureau gave U.S. Waterproofing an A+ rating and won the Torch Award in 2006.

The Good

• Comprehensive Services
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Time in Business

Comprehensive Services

U.S. Waterproofing covers a wide range of problem areas, including the following common issues:

• Foundation wall cracks
  • Tie rods
  • Masonry foundation leaks
  • Basement/egress window wells
  • Sump pump

Treaments are aimed at preventing significant water damage/water seepage, and often include some combination of exterior waterproof membrane, interior drain tile system, and foundation crack repair via epoxy injection or wall clay process.

Lifetime Warranty

In addition to having a lifetime warranty, U.S. Waterproofing has a separately staffed warranty department. This is unique to the waterproofing industry, and customers benefit from having specific staff available to help them with any issues that occur after the work is done.

Time in Business

U.S. Waterproofing has been in business since 1957. As one of the older companies in the industry, it has had years of experience working on a variety of different basement solutions. The company is also not a franchise, but rather it is a third-generation family owned business. Customers can depend on receiving quality work from an expert company that takes the time to hire and train the right professionals.

The Bad

Covers Three States

Although U.S. Waterproofing claims it is the largest basement waterproofing and foundation repair company in the Midwest, it only covers three states: Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana, and Southeast Wisconsin. These locations also don't cover the entire state, so relatively few customers have access to U.S. Waterproofing's services. We encourage any homeowner living in the company's service area to read verified U.S. Waterproofing reviews.

The Bottom Line

U.S. Waterproofing is an experienced company with reliable employees. The company has been in business for over 55 years and has the family experience to back it up. The basement waterproofing company offers a lifetime warranty for its customer, and it also provides a separate staff specific to managing your warranty, so any problems are fixed easily and quickly.

U.S. Waterproofing only covers a few locations in three states though, making it inaccessible to the majority of the country. If you do live in one of the covered areas, we recommend using the company for all your crawl space or basement waterproofing needs.

Diana Fries Glen Ellyn, IL

The initial contact with the person giving the estimate and quote was excellent. The first crew did a pretty good job with the work. They were courteous, professional and hard working. We contacted the foreman and had him come back to review some concerns. He arranged for a crew to return and fix the areas needed. The second crew were frankly lazy and tried to get out of doing what they were sent to do. After a conversation with their supervisor, they begrudgingly did the work. One disappointment that wasn't fixed was damage to some shrubs near where they went into the basement. They were not willing to give us a credit towards replacements or offer to replace the shrubs at all. We were told they don't know what they could do about that. 😒

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We have reached out to this customer to look into the damage to the shrubs so that we can make this right! Thank you for the review.

May. 18th, 2021

Tom Wheaton, IL

From start to finish US Waterproofing was profession and courteous, but more specifically worked with me in determine the scope of my project. They answered all of my questions, worked on time, handled all the necessary requirements, and kept the work areas clean.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your business and the kind review!

Melissa and Jeff Garretson Orland Park, IL

Our sales representative was extremely helpful and thorough. He was very communicative and even came out to our house to do a water test for leaks. We greatly appreciated his expertise and was the main reason we decided to use your company.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing us to work in your home to help keep your basement dry! We appreciate your review as well.

Ann M Winnebago, IL

Everything was handled professionally. I had my first meeting with Pat L. who was very thourough and explained everything quite clearly. When the work was done on my basement, the men were very polite and worked hard the whole day. I would definitely recommend US Waterproofing to anyone looking for a fix.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate the opportunity you gave us to work in your home!

Dave Oak Lawn, IL

U.S. Waterproofing encapsulated the crawl space. The overall experience was excellent. The crew arrived ready to work but they did not have the instructions to add stone to level the crawl space. They contacted their manager. The issue was solved by a redirection of one of their trucks with stone. The four man crewed worked quickly and efficiently. They added the stone and installed the water barrier on the floor and walls. The final result was a fantastic professional job. This is the company to go to if you have any moisture problems in your basement or crawl space!

Bill Elgin, IL

Great salesman who was upfront and honest with us. Looked to solve the total problem. Not just a quick fix. The crew did great work from being to end.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review. We try to be comprehensive in our diagnosis in order to prevent future problems as well.

Derrick Williams Oak Park, IL

They did a great job. They were on time everyday, kept me updated on the progression of the job, and helped put my fears about getting water in my basement to rest

Florence Springfield Chicago, IL

My basement still leak they cam back dug in the same hole now that stuff Came up more my basement still leaks they say they could not come back no I want recommend you all and I paid you $1,600 was that because I woud’nt take the $10,000 loan that we’re going to cost $23,000 I could afford that then you should have told me you could not fin it but rather to Ripe me off know I will not give you all a good raring yes I woo not give you a good rating at all you did the same thing to another person people’s asked me about you in my community I said if you take out a loan for $23,000 snd I heard that does not work either you just in a big Debt

Tom Riesing Arlington Heights, IL

Courteous. Professional. Informative. From the initial sales call to the final walk through, the team answered every question and covered every detail.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review and for choosing U.S. Waterproofing, we appreciate it!

LaJoy Hill Calumet City, IL

Fast response and great service. I called to schedule a appointment and they came out within a week. Everyone I communicate with were very friendly.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review and for being a repeat customer. We appreciate your business!

Aaron Peck Deerfield, IL

Great follow up from the company. We had a small misunderstanding and US Waterproofing went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied and happy.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your patience with us and for the kind review!

Alan Becker Hinsdale, IL

Their analysis of our situation was objective and not directed at selling more service than we needed. The work that was done was completed quickly and professionally.

Vince Mokena, IL

I had to argue with the actual install crew to fix the cracks above my windows the way my sales rep informed me. After the crew said no they couldn’t do it and I asked them to leave. They ultimately came back and did the repair the way they said they wouldn’t above the window. Knowledge is power. Your team seemed to have a disconnect in the way each division communicated with each other.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We apologize for the miscommunication about the repair. Thank you for your comments!

Linda Ida Schaumburg, IL

They were clear on how to fix our problem. They told me how they would fix it and then scheduled a date, came in and did exactly what they said. Cleaned up after themselves and the project was done.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing U.S Waterproofing to work in your home!

Ricardo Kirgan Griffith, IN

People are nice, but I tested the backup pump a month or so after they installed it and good thing because it wasn’t working. They came out and replaced the defective pump and discovered that the battery supply was also defective. But they replaced them with the same brand/model as the defective ones. That doesn’t exactly give me peace of mind. Now when I test the pump, the indicator says that the battery drains to 47% after only 3 cycles. That means that if the power goes out in a rain storm, the battery will be drained in about 15 minutes. That is, if the reading on the power supply can be trusted. They have good customer service but the products they install are questionable. I don’t have the peace of mind that my basement won’t flood.

Sheldon N Sobol Morris, IL

The worker who purportedly sealed the leak spots, did not test it by running water in the suspect area. He also was disappointed that I placed the cut out drywall in the garage. This is the second time they have been here. The first time the worker told my wife it had mold so he threw it out. We had told him we would patch, mud and tape. No mold on the insulation. I don’t like being taken advantage of or lied to. Original estimator, Sam was very trustworthy and honest. That’s why we stayed with US Waterproofing. But workers are not trustworthy. Done with your company.

Beverly Chicago, IL

Professional, efficient, clean. I don't see the need to require a more lengthy response than what I have already stated.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it!

Dawn Cooper Westville, IN

Efficient and knowledgeable. They explain every step they will do to find problems & let you know what needs to be done

Angela Smith Kenosha, WI

They did a great job filling a crack in my basement and replacing an old rusty window well. Very reasonable price and cleaned up afterwards.

Joseph Foerster Munster, IN

There was a lot of difficulty with getting the job completed. Scott was great and the workers were very professional, but the customer service was lacking when it came to completion of the work.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We apologize for the delay in completing the job, but want to thank you for choosing us!

Sharon Doepping Crown Point, IN

I have sent letters and an email asking for help. They were not able to do the job according to the original plan. I asked for a detailed paper on each wall showing what they did... no reply. We asked them to fix the issue... no reply. Lost sale of home due to angled basement floors and now a requirement of 500 per year for USW to come and flush the system Can't ask new buyer to expect such. Also items were stolen that cannot be replaced. We have no evidence except they were there when we started and not when we finished. Had to have Scott come back and help us put back cabinets and dryer we were unable to level things by ourselves. Had to clean rocks off the floor and from under the carpet and repaint the walls. They left a mess and our landscaping they moved they never put back. Our driveway crack has now expanded from the heavy trucks.

Betty Lanier Harvey, IL

They are professional, courteous and take pride in making sure your work is done efficiently.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your business and your kind review!

Marie Park Ridge, IL

Answer all my questions made me think I could trust them to do the job correctly which they did

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing us to work in your home!

Greg Moore Chicago, IL

I would have given them 5 stars but they had to come back a 2nd time in the matter of 2 weeks to repair the seepage leak.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for the review, we know that we aren't perfect, but we keep trying until we get it right!

Gary Reilly Palos Heights, IL

What they have done for us works. Previous owners of this house had used them so we did also and were pleased.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing us! We appreciate the business and your kind review.

Mike Aurora, IL

They were very clear and upfront with me about what needs to be done and they do what they said they would do.

R. Scott Justvig Palatine, IL

Their pricing was reasonable, their professionalism was incredible, they were efficient, timely, and effective with their service.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your comments and thank you for choosing us!

Robert Hutchison Naperville, IL

Everything went great. Could have done a little better job on the clean-up in the basement in the sump pump area. The walls were bumped and the floor was a mess.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We apologize for any mess! Thank you for the review.

Ellen Taylor Evanston, IL

Their team did an excellent job waterproofing our old leaky crumbling basement. We haven't seen a drop of leakage since they finished.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We are glad that we could help make your basement a dry more usable space. Thank you for your review!

Rudolph Lindich New Lenox, IL

Affordable, knowledgable, applied previous costs from less-elaborate attempted solution to more extensive solution when it proved necessary.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We try to take a conservative approach to repairs, but sometimes it takes additional work to solve the problem. Thank you for choosing us to work in your home!

Rich Kanak Romeoville, IL

Great service, very professional service personnel. Most importantly, they fixed my basement wall leak in one shot. With follow up

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing us. We truly appreciate the business and your kind review!

S.J. Rolling Meadows, IL

They present a very professional image, and provide a quality service (I only wish mice weren’t still getting in the crawl space).

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing us, sorry we couldn't help with the other issue!

Myra Cazolas Lincolnshire, IL

Did a great job finding leak in basement and also had them years later to replace window wells, cleaning and new covers.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for choosing us again to work in your home. We appreciate your continued faith in us and for your kind review!

Joan Elgin, IL

They gave me the choices of how the problem could be fixed. The set a time to do the work, left the area in good condition.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We try to be informative and give options when possible. Thank you for your review!

May. 18th, 2021

Anne Richmond, IL

Fixed my problem. Also some years ago they came to look at water problem. They could not fix and honestly told me so.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Glad that we were able to solve your current problem. We can't fix everything, but we like to help with information even when we can't actually do the work. Thank you for the review!

RAK Winfield, IL

I have used USW several times and their crews are polite, timely and clean. But the primary reason for my rating is they do good work.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for continuing to choose us, we truly appreciate the business!

Daniel Cossa Elmhurst, IL

I had a nice representative who was thorough and explained everything to me in laymen's terms and found the best solution for my situation.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We want our customers to make informed decisions about solving their seepage problems, so we try to be clear and comprehensive in our analysis and explanations. Thank you for the review!

James Woods Oak Forest, IL

fast efficient and the job done right, tech was very professional and helpful

Dorothy Kelbus Orland Park, IL

Excellent, knowledgeable service people, accommodating, and easy to work with

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your business and the review!

Jon Doles Chicago, IL

They were very professional and fixed my leaking foundation

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We are glad that we could help keep your basement dry. Thank you for choosing us!

Israel Guzman Chicago, IL

Exceptional customer service and quick preofessional quality work.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review and for choosing U.S. Waterproofing!

Lori Tinley Park, IL

We waited a long time for a work appointment and we had a slight scheduling mixup but otherwise all was good

Martin West Chicago, IL

Sales and install staff was great. Efficient and interested in solving problems.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your review and your business!

Bill Elgin, IL

Fast, clean, never need to cme back and fix a repair. Done right the first time.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your business and the review!

Brian Babinski Palos Heights, IL

US Waterproofing did exactly what I wanted and they did it quickly and efficiently.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you! We appreciate your review and your business.

Deborah Urban Wood Dale, IL

They did an excellant job on our repair & new purchase needs. The People who came out were awesome.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your review. We are proud of our staff and their dedication.

Peter Leemputte Lake Forest, IL

Did a great job after a very slow start and missed dates. Management responded very well once they got involved.

Carolanne Sinacore Oak Lawn, IL

Professional, efficient, knowledgeable, great communication, great timeline of work (not having to wait for weeks)

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your kind comments. Thank you for choosing us!

Sara Brunetti Munster, IN

Great thorough work. Very professional. Tech took time to explain his process and review what he had done

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

We appreciate your business and want to thank you for the review!

George Fowler Poplar Grove, IL

The work was done professionally. The technician was efficient and did a great job. You have a great employee.

Reply from U.S. Waterproofing

Thank you for your comments. Our strength as a company comes from the many great people we have working here. We appreciate you business!