Based in North Carolina, Bank of America offers financial solutions for customers who are looking to manage their money. Bank of America offers services and products whether they’re for personal needs, small businesses, wealth management or businesses and institutions. Bank of America seeks to give back to the community through its partnership with Habitat for Humanity. It also offers retirement planning services.
- Great services
- Habitat for humanity partnership
- Online and mobile banking
Have been in business for over 200 years with $2 billion in total assets. They offer services to personal, small businesses, wealth management, as well as business and institutions. They are a developed bank that provide many services for customer needs:
- banking for checking, saving, and CD accounts
- Loans for mortgage, refinance, home equity, and automobiles
- investments with retirement, IRA and 401k, 529 and college savings, and other investment products
- consumer and commercial finance services
- learning with budgeting and saving, managing credit, home buying, and retirement planning
They are a global bank with more than 5,000 retail banking offices in the U.S. alone. Only bank where they provide a "Learning" tab for customers to learn more about finances.
Habitat for Humanity
As part of its goal to give back to the community, Bank of America has a partnership with Habitat for Humanity. Bank of America launched a first-ever global multi-city build in 41 communities. This effort was made possible by a $6 million investment from the Bank of America Charitable Foundation.
Online and Mobile Banking
For the on the go customer, Bank of America also provides online banking and mobile banking. Its mobile is available for Apple and Android users. Customers who use mobile banking can take advantage of different factors including:
- Mobile check deposits
- Money transfers
- Manage accounts
Bank of America's mobile app has been recognized as having the Best Overall Identity Safety in Banking by Javelin Strategy and Research.
- No student loans
- Banking fees
- Opening fee
No Student Loans
College students who need help with funding will not find student loans available at Bank of America. They will have to choose another bank to receive a loan that will help them achieve a higher education.
There are banking fee's for their two checking accounts. Some examples are:
- Opening fee, depending on the type of account there is a minimum opening fee of $25 or $100
- Maintenance fee of either $12, $14, or $25 which can be avoided by meeting banks criteria
- Overdraft and returned items fee $35
- Overdrafts Extended Overdrawn balance $35
- Overdraft protection service each transfer $10
- Other common fees are check and deposit ticket orders, consulate letter fee, returned item chargeback fee, legal process fee, stop payment fee ($30), and wire transfers
For the 3 saving account there is an opening fee of $25 and 2 of the 3 have a .01% Annual Percentage Yield (APY). If requirements are not met there will be a $5 or $12 monthly maintenance fee.
The Bottom Line
Bank of America has proved themselves to be a secure bank to open an account for personal, small business, wealth management, or business and institutions. Their many services provide an excellent source for financial needs as well as the opportunity to learn more for yourself. This is the only company where they provide an option where you can learn about finances. Consumers can reach their customer service line during business hours or get automated support 24/7.
Our recommendation: If you're a student and in need of a loan, it may be best to look elsewhere. For everyone else, consider Bank of America for your banking needs.