Quality Water Treatment

LAST UPDATED: June 30th, 2022

Having started as a small family-owned business, Quality Water Treatment has grown to be one of the largest online water treatment companies today, selling more than 49,000 systems nationwide.

The company offers a variety of products and sells some of the top-name brands in the water softener industry, such as SoftPro Elite, Drop Water Systems, Fleck by Pentair, and Quantum Water Systems.

The Good

• Free Water Score Report
  • Top Quality Water Treatment Products
  • Free Shipping on Orders $75+
  • 60-Day Return Policy
  • Financing Program
  • Website Resources

Free Water Score Report

By visiting Quality Water Treatment’s website, consumers can check the water quality in their neighborhood. The analysis is free and there are only a few questions, so it shouldn’t take you longer than five minutes to complete the questionnaire. Once you’ve answered all the questions, you’ll be asked to give your name, phone number, and email address. A report for your community’s water quality is generated and sent to your email, with ratings given in the A, B, C, or D format.

The report will give you some recommendations on which water softeners will best improve your life and how they compare to the competition. You’ll even get a list of which contaminants were detected.

The free water score report is genuinely helpful as it easily guides you to a water softener that will best suit your needs.

Top Quality Water Treatment Products

Purchasing a water softener from Quality Water Treatment can make a huge difference in many aspects of your life. Not only can a new water softener make your tap water taste better, but it can reduce your monthly energy bills, give you softer hair and smoother skin, effectively clean your laundry, eliminate hard water spots on your dishes, and more. Plus, a new softener can protect you, your family, and your pets from unwanted contaminants in your water. In fact, a Reverse Osmosis water filtration system can remove up to 98 percent of the contaminants in your water.

Free Shipping on Orders $75+

All orders that are $75 or more receive free shipping unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii.

Additionally, Quality Water Treatment works hard to get all products shipped out within 24 hours, but your shipment could be delayed up to four to seven business days.

60-Day Return Policy

Customers have 60 days to return their Quality Water Treatment product for any reason.

Financing Program

Quality Water Treatment has partnered with PayPal to offer consumers 0% interest financing for six months.

Of course, you’ll need to apply for the program and be approved. Still, we appreciate Quality Water Treatment making it possible to finance its products and reduce the upfront costs for customers.

Website Resources

Quality Water Treatment has a robust website. The information is extensive and helps consumers make informed decisions about which water softener they should purchase.

In addition to the general information base provided on the website, Quality Water Treatment provides helpful resources for water safety and upkeep information. Consumers can even check out the water softener comparison chart that explains the different products and the different features.

Additionally, Quality Water Treatment has a FAQ page that answers most questions regarding installation, pricing, products, and customer service options. The company also provides various starting guides and how-to guides to help consumers get started with their water softener needs.

The Bad

• Return Policy Stipulations
  • No Free Shipping to Alaska or Hawaii

Return Policy Stipulations

Quality Water Treatment allows customers to return products for any reason as long as they are within the 60-day time frame. This is a reasonably generous return period, but there are some things you’ll want to be aware of before making a purchase.

Returns and exchanges will not be accepted after 60 days. All items are subject to a 25 percent restocking fee (shipping costs are non-refundable). Opened items or installed items cannot be returned. Both Berkey and Kangen products are not eligible for returns as the manufacturer warranties them.

None of these conditions should be anything too surprising, but it is good to make note of these in case you are thinking about returning an item.

No Free Shipping to Alaska or Hawaii

Unfortunately, there is no free shipping option for those living in Alaska or Hawaii. And if you’d like to purchase a Quality Water Treatment product, you’ll have to call the shipping team directly for a quote.

The Bottom Line

This once small, family-owned business has grown into a reliable and trustworthy water treatment company throughout the years. Having been around since the 1990s, Quality Water Treatment has a vast selection of water softeners and filters that will help you stay happy and healthy.

If you are unsure which water system you need, we suggest taking advantage of the free water score report and seeing which brand and model number Quality Water Treatment recommends. Just keep in mind that if you need to send back a product, there are some stipulations, and not everything is eligible for a return.

3.6

Caleb Swanson Valparaiso, NE

One, the product has been as advertised and has performed flawlessly. Second, their customer service has been great. We also have a reverse osmosis system from QWT and their folks have always been helpful with identifying the right replacmeent filters, timing of filter changes, etc.

Reply from Quality Water Treatment

Caleb, We really appreciate your review! Thank you for taking the time out of your day. We’re ecstatic that you are enjoying your system and our service. Have a wonderful day!

Jun. 23rd, 2022

Kirby Nanna Orrville, OH

I've had this # 89 DF treatment system since 1-13-2021, easy set up but the programming was set up to use at 1660 gallons, this puts us at a 2 Regeneration ", which i think is too long. I tried to reset for a shorter time but the program will not change. My old system regenerated every 7 to 10 days and i had great water for 20 years , I'm now having a slight oder and taste problem.

Reply from Quality Water Treatment

Hi Kirby Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear you’ve ultimately been happy with your system. We have a fantastic tech support team that would be happy to troubleshoot this issue with you. Please call us at 866-278-4130 or email to [email protected]

Jun. 23rd, 2022

David V. Benge Layton, UT

I researched what I wanted for months before my purchase. The product I wanted was kind of hidden from my searches, but an email inquiry led me to the desired product. And, after my installation, I had problems: but Jeremy patiently walked me through every step of the way, and even sent me the needed parts in advance. I now have a fantastic system and am very grateful I went with Quality Water Treatment.

Mike Dalla Gustine, CA

Had problems with the main filter bipass valve leaking shortly after install.approximately 4-6 months. I couldn't seem to get any positive help so I was forced to shut down the pre filter. I made several attempts through emails to remedy a solution but months 3-8 went on with running only soft water with out the filter.I finally decided to order a flex bi pass valve on line and doing the repairs on my own.the defect valve the QWT sent has been replaced and so far my unit is back in full service. It's too bad I had to go to such extreme's and figure out what to do and go with out for so long over a 34.00 part .

Charles S. Waleska, GA

I highly recommend Quality Water Treatment. I had a couple of questions that their website didn’t answer and I needed interaction with the reps. They were great and they answered right away. I had chatted with someone online then I had to follow up and It was actually the same guy I spoke with previously which made it easy to jump right back in to our previous conversation. He was knowledgeable and helpful. Great service

Amanda Los Angeles, CA

When I started researching water softeners, I came across the water softener from Quality Water Treatment. They were a modern pop kind of shop and that led me to them. They were an independent company versus somebody like Home Depot or Sears.I knew that going with a smaller company you’re going to get that better experience with them as far as customer support. Also, the cost of it was really competitive versus the other makes and models.

Paul Mink Vincent, AL

The product, installation instructions and the individuals were excellent in the way they performed

Fred Swanson Charlotte, MI

Works well but should have had them set it up a little stronger

Mark Zimmerman Thousand Oaks, CA

My neighbor recommended Quality Water. I was going to get a local company to install a new softener system but after working with Quality, it was an easy decision to choose a better SoftPro system. Also I was able to get the right size of 64,000. The local guy wanted me to get a 48000 system, but that would have been too small for my family. I got a better selection and a much better price for the SoftPro. The order took about 10 days to get shipped. They always texted and answered the phone to keep me updated. Very happy that my neighbor recommended the SoftPro system.

Thomas Andrew Dubauskas Wimauma, FL

Very helpful when contacted with problem but printed product instructions need improvement.

Charlie McClure Troy, MI

Terrible experience, DO NOT order from QWT. Website claims 5-7 days for shipment and 100% satisfaction guaranteed. I ordered the SoftPro Iron Master Water Filtration System on April 29th. It is now May 18th and I still have not received my order, let alone a confirmed shipment date. Tried to contact them multiple times (don't bother trying to call QWT, their service or sales department never answers nor returns phone calls). I sent several emails and only received simple responses saying the warehouse is backed up, that they are working hard to get the system shipped, and will send an update with tracking confirmation (never received and the order status function on the website is never updated). I tried to cancel order as well, because I am now behind schedule with my project. They offered no response! Avoid this company! There are other companies out there that offer similar water treatment products, but with much better sales and technical support!

David Fitting Bentonville, AR

This company is one of the work online experiences I have ever had! First of all, the picture of the item I ordered was wrong and not even made any more apparently. The actual filter sent was the same filter I could have ordered directly from the manufacturer for $30 less. I ordered 2 filters. Their solutions were to refund me $15 only or for me to return the filters, during which I would have to pay shipping and also a 25% percent restock fee. And they didn't even have the filters in stock as a lady has to talk to their "supplier" when I called her. DO NOT use this company. And it took 2.5 to receive the items. Use anyone but this company. Total crap!

Reply from Quality Water Treatment

Hello David, like most other dealers of this product we drop ship direct from the MFG themselves. Also, like all other dealers of this product, we are contracted to sell no lower than a minimum price set by the MFG, which is what we are carrying them for on our website. We are not able to sell for the same price as the MFG, if we were to give you the same price as the MFG website we would have actually lost money on your purchase. We did however offer to credit you over half of the difference and save you $ in returning the product. The MFG also charges shipping on the website and would have been $192.53 after shipping to purchase through them - you paid $215.91 through our website, a $23.00 difference. We offered you an additional $15 off that so there is only an $8 difference which would save you money on returning the filters. It is the same filter, the MFG just changed the design so it's a different color. It operates exactly the same.

Mar. 16th, 2022

Dorian Williamson Springville, UT

We purchased the SoftPro Elite system from Quality Water Treatment at their regular price of $1379, shortly before it went on sale for $1071. That didn't bother me at all. Sales come and go. At the same time that they lowered the price by $309, they also offered the "Quick Connect Hoses" for FREE, an advertised $130 value (Just pay $8.97 for shipping and handling). I ordered the "free" hoses, paid online with my credit card and then waited. And waited. After a few MONTHS, I phoned QWT to follow up on delivery of the hoses. They never did answer the phone or return my phone messages as promised on their voice recording. Rhea A, one of their sales team, did finally respond to one of our three emails and said that they, "...didn't fulfill that order as we don’t just send out free hoses..." We sent them a copy of their paid invoice showing we had purchased a system from them at full price just a little while before it went on sale, to which Heather P replied, "They were not an available option at your time of order which is why they weren't included..." Not only have they been impossible to speak with and have not sent us the advertised hoses, but they still haven't returned my $8.97 since cancelling my order back on 09/29/2021

Reply from Quality Water Treatment

Hello, While we certainly respect your opinion of your experience you seem to leave quite a few things out of your reviews. 1. You fail to mention that you came to the QWT site to purchase free hoses that clearly state on the product page that they are only free at the time of purchase on qualifying systems. Absolutely nowhere has it ever said free just pay to ship. 2. You fail to mention you tried to get the free hoses over 6 months after your original purchase of the unit from another website. 3. The website you purchased from is the Brand website and does not offer any add on's or free options. 4. You also failed to note that the price difference you actually saw was QWT's prices being lower than the site you purchased from. Nothing to do with QWT lowering our prices after we said we were raising them. We did in fact, raise them. 5. Your order confirmation would have come from and shown softprowatersystems as who you purchased from. We also have a system that logs all calls, texts, and emails to your customer profile - I've found no calls or texts from you aside from two initial calls where you spoke with a customer service agent. I did apologize in my direct email to you that our customer service team failed to credit you the shipping on the item and we've now credited it. However, if we contact every single person that tries to order the free hoses without purchasing a qualifying system at the same time we would be tied up all day simply doing that and we have support on actual systems to attend to which is why we have the notice on the product page that they are only available at time of purchase of qualify systems. Also why our standard policy is to immediately cancel and refund orders on hoses where there is no recent existing order that has not yet shipped. I understand our customer service team failed to follow this policy and this has been discussed with them and will not happen again. We are glad you are happy with your softpro water softener. They are wonderful systems

Mar. 16th, 2022

Richard Bell Auburn, CA

I called Quality Water Treatment in need of help with treating my well water, i have very hard water and a decent amount of iron in my water as well as low P.H. We went over my well water report and they pointed me in the right direction with what equipment would or wouldn't be best for me and everything showed up in timely manner undamaged. My water is 10 times better then it was and they helped me all the way to the end of the install and with any question i have had since then.

Larry Mulligan Gilbert, AZ

Purchased a $2000 system in 2021. It arrived with both missing and broken parts. QWT was advised of the problems on a Friday. I followed up with them on the following Tuesday and was told that the replacement parts had been shipped the day before. This is now the following Friday and I have still not received the missing parts. Worse still, QWT thought that their service was just fine and that I (and 80 year old, wheel chair bound customer) was the problem because I did not open the boxes the day of delivery and check to see that all the parts were there and in good condition. Shame on me for waiting for a plumber to do that. Bad fullfilment. Bad service. Bad attidude.