Alleviate Tax

Alleviate Tax is an Irvine, California-based tax relief company that was founded in 2018. The company offers a variety of services for those suffering from tax debt, whether you need help with unfiled tax returns, wage garnishment, a bank levy, an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, innocent spouse relief, or currently not collectible status.

Alleviate Tax has a three-step tax resolution process. The process begins with a free discovery call where a tax professional gathers information about the client’s tax situation. Then Alleviate Tax spends one to two weeks on the investigation phase, initiating protection for the client, opening up communication with the IRS, and reviewing options with the client. Finally, Alleviate Tax works to negotiate the lowest possible resolution for the client and close their case, which takes two to ten months.

Alleviate Tax is an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau, holding an A- rating.

The Good

• Free Discovery Call
  • Flat Fee Pricing
  • Industry Memberships

Free Discovery Call

Alleviate Tax offers a free discovery call, allowing potential clients to experience working with the tax relief company and discover their options before being charged any money.

Flat Fee Pricing

After the free discovery call, the next two steps in Alleviate Tax’s resolution process are each priced with one flat fee. Although the tax relief company doesn’t disclose what the fee is on its website, it does explain that there’s no obligation to continue onto the resolution phase after the investigation phase if clients aren’t satisfied with their options.

Industry Memberships

Alleviate Tax is a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals, an organization that provides ongoing tax education and updates to its membership of 23,000 industry leaders. The company is also a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents, an organization of almost 10,000 members in more than 30 states. Members of the National Association of Enrolled Agents must adhere to a code of ethics meant to establish trust between its members and their clients.

The Bad

Undisclosed Minimum Debt Requirement

The company does not disclose its minimum debt requirement on its website, which could be a problem for potential clients who are trying to decide whether to work with Alleviate Tax.

The Bottom Line

Alleviate Tax is a Better Business Bureau-accredited tax relief company that can help its clients resolve their tax debt within about 10 months. Alleviate Tax offers a free discovery call and one flat fee rate for each of the subsequent two stages of its tax relief process. Additionally, the company is a member of several important industry organizations, including the National Association of Tax Professionals and the National Association of Enrolled Agents. Its membership in these two organizations speaks to a commitment to high ethical and professional standards.

Alleviate Tax’s flat rate pricing may make the company a good option for clients who have a large amount of tax debt to resolve. Other customers may want to look into other tax relief companies first before giving Alleviate Tax a call.

Call our recommended rep over at Alleviate Tax below.

4.8

Amy Belleville, NJ

I was in a panic mode due to my bad experience with another company. Then I found Alleviate Tax and they helped me in resolving my tax issues. Drew explained to me every steps. He always answer my calls and text messages without delay. I was assigned to Wendy L., a senior case manager, and she explained to me the steps of the process. In just a short time, she was able to present me the resolution, thereby I was able to gain back my peace of mind, She is very knowledgeable and pleasant to talk with. Over all, I want to give an A plus to this company .

Charles Brown Lititz, PA

Aliviate Tax was very knowledgeable and walked me thru every step and addressed all my concerns. I worked with marrian k. She was outstanding. I owed over 37,000 in back taxes and the IRS settled for 1500.

Drea Lorain, OH

I have nothing but FANTASTIC THINGS to say about this company and the people who work there! I’ve been treated like ROYALTY and I enjoyed the conversation and emails even under the bad circumstances which turned out SPECTACULARLY WELL! Stephanie Gabriel and Peter were AWESOME!

Shawanda Jones Saint Paul, MN

I am working with Shaune E. and a few others and I am glad that I did. They genuinely care about your situation, and try to help you in so many ways possible that I didn't know existed. Not having the money to pay them is not a problem because they work with you. This for me is most important because it lets me know they are not just trying to make a pay check. They love what they do.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Shaun's awesome and he definitely loves his job. Glad to hear he took care of you!

Apr. 5th, 2021

Louis E Rico The Bronx, NY

I Really Appreciate my Agent Drew from Alleviate Tax And He always Professional and Compassionate Thru COVID 19 and Taxes Issues.

Dyrisha R McKnight Salem, AL

Talking and developing a relationship with the Tax Consultants built my confidence in myself . I feel that I'm the only client taken into attention. Id recommend to everybody , the price is a little up there, but Alleviate worked with me

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Glad to hear you'd recommend us to people, thanks for your review!

Apr. 5th, 2021

NJP Los Angeles, CA

Thank you so much Stephanie M for taking such good care of me throughout such a stressful process. She was kind, responsible, and always had the time to walk me through everything I need to understand and help me stay comfortable throughout the process. Wonderful experience, great outcome! Thank you so much Alleviate & Stephanie!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Stephanie is awesome and we're happy to help, so glad you had a great experience with us!

Dawn Allen ,

What I like best was my consultant drew he was very helpful took his time to explain everything in a way I understood he put my mind at ease and gave me confidence that he knows what he is doing and that he can help me every step of the way. Thanks again

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks so much for the kind words!

Lila L Anaheim, CA

Gabriel was fast and to the point and was able to explain the process very professionally while being able to keep terms simple for people like me who don’t know anything about taxes. The conversation was pleasant and he was able to execute the plan to start services in a calm demeanor. Thank you and I look forward to working with you and your team.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thank you for the kind words, please reach out if you need anything in the future!

Rosanne Hauck Fort Worth, TX

Stephanie M was AMAZING!! Her communication was top notch. She was thorough and extremely helpful. I had so many questions, and she was available every time I needed her. She also handled my case with so much sensitivity and concern. I felt very well taken care of! I can't tell you what a relief it was to have her help, and to know that Alleviate Tax was there to help me.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Stephanie's fantastic, and we're glad you thought so too! Thank you for the review!

Sherri E. Jennett Ilion, NY

Brian was Such a great guy for helping me with my taxes . If I needed to talk about my taxes, He was there to answer all my questions

Angeline Parzuchowski Chicopee, MA

Team of lawyers that are helpful and easy to work with and ease my fear about my tax debt. I am in financial debt and they went to work immediately sending me information about forms and made me so relieved .- thank you Angeline

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Glad we were able to help, Angeline! Thanks for the review!

Darrel Jupiter Jr ,

Agent Jake was the best. He was courteous, understanding and explaining everything to the tee. I not only recommend alleviate tax, but I personally think that you should ask for Jake. He is the best and he was very great to work with. Thanks Jake alleviate tax.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Happy to help! Thanks for leaving a review!

Billie DiBiagio Tacoma, WA

If you are trying to find the right tax help or advise this is the place to handle your tax problems or concerns. They are very up on current tax laws and regulations, and always professional. Plus the fee they charge is very fair!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks so much for the kind words, Billie!

Loyd Prewett Upland, CA

I started my experience last year with Matthew J from Alleviate tax. He is the real reason why I chose Alleviate Tax over 3 other companies to help me with this horrible problem. He is very professional, persistent and kept me informed each step of the way. Your company and those of us that get to work with him are so very fortunate.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Matthew does great work for his clients. Thanks for working with him and the rest of our team!

Bridget Griggs, PhD ,

It was a little hard at first because I was not receiving timely feedback. I went through a total of three customer relationship managers, ending with Stephanie. She is the reason I brought my rating from the original 2 or 3 stars to 4. She always kept me in the loop and I didn't feel like I had to follow up 5 and 6 times before receiving a reply. I am glad my service ended with her as it gave me a better view on the business.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Bridget, we're so happy to hear that working with Stephanie made the experience better for you. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Aug. 14th, 2020

Jean foster , TX

The kindness of your agent Romeo - he has been so helpful, pleasant & nice to talk with!! I appreciate the help your company offers & look forward to a solution for my son’s troubles- most especially your agent - Romeo🙏🏽🤗🤗

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks for the review, Jean!

dona vines Chicago, IL

The real caring and thoroughness that the agent Romeo Z who dealt with me showed. As well as the overall courtesy that the rest of the staff showed me. Therefore I will recommend them anytime!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks so much for the feedback Dona!

Arthur Rivera , CO

They are always answering the phone calls never have to leave a message they are on top of business I wish they are where like them interested of more interested in the payment like other Taxes people.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Great to hear our team has been responsive. Thanks for your review!

Ernest Hall Villa Rica, GA

I am grateful that I don't have to pay the back taxes, however I am still paying them money cause they will take my income tax checks every year up through 2024 .

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks for the review Ernest!

Armando Edang West Covina, CA

Wendy L very helpful and professional in handling cases and concerns. Shows heart and wisdom in dealing with my case. Human touch and warmth felt..

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Wendy takes care of our clients very well, we'll pass your kind words along!

Randy Mckirgan Chicago, IL

I was looking at owing 10.000 or more to the irs and they somehow got me a return instead I'm so greatful to them I wouldn't ever expected then I was getting a return back

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We do our best for our clients, thank you for your review!

Sep. 10th, 2020

Tahfa Beasley Memphis, TN

Drew was very professional and helpful. Answered all of my questions. You have a great employee working for you. You can also tell he takes proud in his job.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Drew's awesome, and we're happy to hear that you got the help that you needed!

Lorna A B Mcneal Los Angeles, CA

I really felt that they understood my situation and took the time to listen. They also call to see how I’m doing. Great service and very professional.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We work really hard to make sure all of our clients are taken care of. Thank you for your feedback!

Mrs. Blue Fayetteville, AR

Was really helpful. They eliminated almost all of my tax debt!! I've been dealing with this debt for over ten years and agent Eric N was able to get it all dropped off. Thank you all at Alleviate Tax Group!!!!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We're so happy you came to us!

Jul. 30th, 2020

Mitchell Cigoy Cañon City, CO

The program was explained clearly and makes sense and it seems like it aligns with what my objectives have been regarding my tax debt.

Glad we could help!

Karen Lockwood Monroe, CT

Very informative and easy to talk to. My experience has been fantastic. All their explanations and how they can help fix it was so comforting.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We're glad you had a great experience with us, thank you for the kind words!

Sep. 10th, 2020

Valarie Boyer Dover, DE

Matthew is faithful! He stays in touch with me and always willing with patience to answer questions. I feel important to Alleviate Tax.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Happy to hear he did a great job, and we'll pass the message along to him!

Janice E Meschino Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Consultant was very resourceful and helpful on explaining the process. The case manager was also helpful in assisting resolving tax issues.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Glad to hear that our team could help!

sonya Simpson ,

i like how they stayed on me until the job was done. what i didn't like is how the government started taking money, until u got it together

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We love helping all of our clients resolve their tax issues. Thank you for letting us handle your case!

Jeff Goodrich Oklahoma City, OK

So far it has been very Professional and reassuring.

Donna Romero New Iberia, LA

Gina is a wonderful person to speak with thru this process. I am highly disappointed with the outcome of our taxes. We owe more now since hiring them . I'm deeply disappointed

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thank you for providing your feedback. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met. I know it is very disappointing when the outcome of a case does not match your expectation. In dealing with the IRS it is our job to submit the facts and circumstances and present you with the best possible option for your case based on your current financial situation. In making sure that was done, I will have an attorney review your case to see if anything was missed, and will follow up with a phone call thereafter. Again, I would like to offer my apologies for your disappointment, and I want to reassure Alleviate Tax's commitment to ensure you are in the best possible resolution with the IRS. I would also like to offer you a free 2020 tax preparation service. I look forward to speaking with you offline regarding this matter. You can also contact me directly at your earliest convenience. Sincerely, Erin Peacock, Director of Operations (949)239-6583

Jan. 22nd, 2021

Carolyn Denoso Kent, WA

Very satisfied with the service Miss Wendy L was so sincere and very knowledgeable

Reply from Alleviate Tax

She's awesome, thanks so much for your feedback!

Bret Gorsege ,

Matthew has been helpful even though he can be hard to get a hold of.But I do appreciate all the help he has given me.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We're happy you were able to get the help you needed!

Oct. 15th, 2020

Joe Quintana Grand Junction, CO

Thanks for guiding me through all this that you have did for me and helping me out very much appreciated

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We're glad we could help!

Quinton Lewis Atlanta, GA

Yes it's not easy to get in touch with them but for the most part they did what they said they would i would rely on them again

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Hi Quinton, we passed your feedback along to the team. Please reach out again if you need us in the future, we'd be glad to work with you again!

Deborah Minneapolis, MN

Outstanding, very professional, swift, Efficient,......wonderful especially Matthew and Gina.☺😀😁😃

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Matthew and Gina are great, we're glad to hear that you had a great experience with us!

Fuad Hazboun Battleboro, NC

Drew was very respectful and professional in dealing with me .

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks so much for your review, we'll pass the kind words along to Drew!

Sep. 14th, 2020

avelinamiranda Union City, CA

Welling to helped explain it briefly and friendly

Thanks for the review!

Alicia West Bloomfield, MI

Drew was very nice and explained everything very well.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We're glad to hear that, and we'll pass your feedback along to him!

Trevor Dent Evans, GA

Very concerned and knowledgeable Eager to help

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Always happy to help. Thanks for working with us!

Anthony R Brumsey Charlotte, NC

Very informative and knowlegeable. Mark is Awesome!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

He is indeed, we'll pass your feedback along to him!