Alleviate Tax is an Irvine, California-based tax relief company that was founded in 2018. The company offers a variety of services for those suffering from tax debt, whether you need help with unfiled tax returns, wage garnishment, a bank levy, an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, innocent spouse relief, or currently not collectible status.

Alleviate Tax has a three-step tax resolution process. The process begins with a free discovery call where a tax professional gathers information about the client’s tax situation. Then Alleviate Tax spends one to two weeks on the investigation phase, initiating protection for the client, opening up communication with the IRS, and reviewing options with the client. Finally, Alleviate Tax works to negotiate the lowest possible resolution for the client and close their case, which takes two to ten months.

Alleviate Tax is an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau, holding an A- rating.

The Good

• Free Discovery Call
  • Flat Fee Pricing
  • Industry Memberships

Free Discovery Call

Alleviate Tax offers a free discovery call, allowing potential clients to experience working with the tax relief company and discover their options before being charged any money.

Flat Fee Pricing

After the free discovery call, the next two steps in Alleviate Tax’s resolution process are each priced with one flat fee. Although the tax relief company doesn’t disclose what the fee is on its website, it does explain that there’s no obligation to continue onto the resolution phase after the investigation phase if clients aren’t satisfied with their options.

Industry Memberships

Alleviate Tax is a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals, an organization that provides ongoing tax education and updates to its membership of 23,000 industry leaders. The company is also a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents, an organization of almost 10,000 members in more than 30 states. Members of the National Association of Enrolled Agents must adhere to a code of ethics meant to establish trust between its members and their clients.

The Bad

Undisclosed Minimum Debt Requirement

The company does not disclose its minimum debt requirement on its website, which could be a problem for potential clients who are trying to decide whether to work with Alleviate Tax.

The Bottom Line

Alleviate Tax is a Better Business Bureau-accredited tax relief company that can help its clients resolve their tax debt within about 10 months. Alleviate Tax offers a free discovery call and one flat fee rate for each of the subsequent two stages of its tax relief process. Additionally, the company is a member of several important industry organizations, including the National Association of Tax Professionals and the National Association of Enrolled Agents. Its membership in these two organizations speaks to a commitment to high ethical and professional standards.

Alleviate Tax’s flat rate pricing may make the company a good option for clients who have a large amount of tax debt to resolve. Other customers may want to look into other tax relief companies first before giving Alleviate Tax a call.

Call our recommended rep over at Alleviate Tax below.

4.9

Alicia

September 24th, 2020 West Bloomfield, MI

Drew was very nice and explained everything very well.

Sep 28, 2020

We're glad to hear that, and we'll pass your feedback along to him!

Joe Quintana

September 24th, 2020 Grand Junction, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thanks for guiding me through all this that you have did for me and helping me out very much appreciated

Sep 28, 2020

We're glad we could help!

Darrel Jupiter Jr

September 23rd, 2020 ,

Agent Jake was the best. He was courteous, understanding and explaining everything to the tee. I not only recommend alleviate tax, but I personally think that you should ask for Jake. He is the best and he was very great to work with. Thanks Jake alleviate tax.

Sep 28, 2020

Happy to help! Thanks for leaving a review!

Rosanne Hauck

September 18th, 2020 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stephanie M was AMAZING!! Her communication was top notch. She was thorough and extremely helpful. I had so many questions, and she was available every time I needed her. She also handled my case with so much sensitivity and concern. I felt very well taken care of! I can't tell you what a relief it was to have her help, and to know that Alleviate Tax was there to help me.

Sep 28, 2020

Stephanie's fantastic, and we're glad you thought so too! Thank you for the review!

Fuad Hazboun

September 10th, 2020 Battleboro, NC

Drew was very respectful and professional in dealing with me .

Sep 14, 2020

Thanks so much for your review, we'll pass the kind words along to Drew!

Karen Lockwood

September 8th, 2020 Monroe, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very informative and easy to talk to. My experience has been fantastic. All their explanations and how they can help fix it was so comforting.

Sep 10, 2020

We're glad you had a great experience with us, thank you for the kind words!

Randy Mckirgan

September 2nd, 2020 Chicago, IL

I was looking at owing 10.000 or more to the irs and they somehow got me a return instead I'm so greatful to them I wouldn't ever expected then I was getting a return back

Sep 10, 2020

We do our best for our clients, thank you for your review!

Trevor Dent

August 27th, 2020 Evans, GA

Very concerned and knowledgeable Eager to help

Aug 27, 2020

Always happy to help. Thanks for working with us!

Arthur Rivera

August 22nd, 2020 , CO

They are always answering the phone calls never have to leave a message they are on top of business I wish they are where like them interested of more interested in the payment like other Taxes people.

Aug 30, 2020

Great to hear our team has been responsive. Thanks for your review!

Billie DiBiagio

August 22nd, 2020 Tacoma, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you are trying to find the right tax help or advise this is the place to handle your tax problems or concerns. They are very up on current tax laws and regulations, and always professional. Plus the fee they charge is very fair!

Aug 27, 2020

Thanks so much for the kind words, Billie!

Tahfa Beasley

August 21st, 2020 Memphis, TN

Drew was very professional and helpful. Answered all of my questions. You have a great employee working for you. You can also tell he takes proud in his job.

Aug 24, 2020

Drew's awesome, and we're happy to hear that you got the help that you needed!

Lorna A B Mcneal

August 21st, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

I really felt that they understood my situation and took the time to listen. They also call to see how I’m doing. Great service and very professional.

Aug 24, 2020

We work really hard to make sure all of our clients are taken care of. Thank you for your feedback!

Loyd Prewett

August 21st, 2020 Upland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started my experience last year with Matthew J from Alleviate tax. He is the real reason why I chose Alleviate Tax over 3 other companies to help me with this horrible problem. He is very professional, persistent and kept me informed each step of the way. Your company and those of us that get to work with him are so very fortunate.

Aug 30, 2020

Matthew does great work for his clients. Thanks for working with him and the rest of our team!

Valarie Boyer

August 21st, 2020 Dover, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Matthew is faithful! He stays in touch with me and always willing with patience to answer questions. I feel important to Alleviate Tax.

Aug 30, 2020

Happy to hear he did a great job, and we'll pass the message along to him!

Janice E Meschino

August 21st, 2020 Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Consultant was very resourceful and helpful on explaining the process. The case manager was also helpful in assisting resolving tax issues.

Aug 24, 2020

Glad to hear that our team could help!

sonya Simpson

August 20th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i like how they stayed on me until the job was done. what i didn't like is how the government started taking money, until u got it together

Aug 27, 2020

We love helping all of our clients resolve their tax issues. Thank you for letting us handle your case!

Quinton Lewis

August 20th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Yes it's not easy to get in touch with them but for the most part they did what they said they would i would rely on them again

Aug 24, 2020

Hi Quinton, we passed your feedback along to the team. Please reach out again if you need us in the future, we'd be glad to work with you again!

Deborah

August 20th, 2020 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Outstanding, very professional, swift, Efficient,......wonderful especially Matthew and Gina.☺😀😁😃

Aug 24, 2020

Matthew and Gina are great, we're glad to hear that you had a great experience with us!

Bridget Griggs, PhD

August 13th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was a little hard at first because I was not receiving timely feedback. I went through a total of three customer relationship managers, ending with Stephanie. She is the reason I brought my rating from the original 2 or 3 stars to 4. She always kept me in the loop and I didn't feel like I had to follow up 5 and 6 times before receiving a reply. I am glad my service ended with her as it gave me a better view on the business.

Aug 14, 2020

Bridget, we're so happy to hear that working with Stephanie made the experience better for you. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Mrs. Blue

July 24th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was really helpful. They eliminated almost all of my tax debt!! I've been dealing with this debt for over ten years and agent Eric N was able to get it all dropped off. Thank you all at Alleviate Tax Group!!!!

Jul 30, 2020

We're so happy you came to us!