Best Company Guarantee Alleviate Tax Logo

Alleviate Tax

8.2

LAST UPDATED: October 5th, 2022

Alleviate Tax is an Irvine, California-based tax relief company that was founded in 2018. The company offers a variety of services for those suffering from tax debt, whether you need help with unfiled tax returns, wage garnishment, a bank levy, an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, innocent spouse relief, or currently not collectible status.

Alleviate Tax has a three-step tax resolution process. The process begins with a free discovery call where a tax professional gathers information about the client’s tax situation. Then Alleviate Tax spends one to two weeks on the investigation phase, initiating protection for the client, opening up communication with the IRS, and reviewing options with the client. Finally, Alleviate Tax works to negotiate the lowest possible resolution for the client and close their case, which takes two to ten months.

Alleviate Tax is an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau, holding an A- rating.

The Good

• Free Discovery Call
  • Flat Fee Pricing
  • Lowest Price Guarantee
  • Industry Memberships

Free Discovery Call

Alleviate Tax offers a free discovery call, allowing potential clients to experience working with the tax relief company and discover their options before being charged any money.

Flat Fee Pricing

After the free discovery call, the next two steps in Alleviate Tax’s resolution process are each priced with one flat fee. Although the tax relief company doesn’t disclose what the fee is on its website, it does explain that there’s no obligation to continue onto the resolution phase after the investigation phase if clients aren’t satisfied with their options.

Alleviate Tax also offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the company's services.

Lowest Price Guarantee

Alleviate Tax offers an impressive lowest price guarantee that we haven't seen with other tax relief companies. Alleviate Tax will beat any quoted competitor's price by $500. We recommend researching pricing and then taking your best offer from another company to your consultation with Alleviate Tax to see what it can do to save you money.

Industry Memberships

Alleviate Tax is a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals, an organization that provides ongoing tax education and updates to its membership of 23,000 industry leaders. The company is also a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents, an organization of almost 10,000 members in more than 30 states. Members of the National Association of Enrolled Agents must adhere to a code of ethics meant to establish trust between its members and their clients.

The Bad

Undisclosed Minimum Debt Requirement

The company does not disclose its minimum debt requirement on its website, which could be a problem for potential clients who are trying to decide whether to work with Alleviate Tax.

The Bottom Line

Alleviate Tax is a Better Business Bureau-accredited tax relief company that can help its clients resolve their tax debt within about 10 months. Alleviate Tax offers a free discovery call and one flat fee rate for each of the subsequent two stages of its tax relief process, as well as an impressive lowest price guarantee.

Additionally, the company is a member of several important industry organizations, including the National Association of Tax Professionals and the National Association of Enrolled Agents. Its membership in these two organizations speaks to a commitment to high ethical and professional standards.

Alleviate Tax’s flat rate pricing may make the company a good option for clients who have a large amount of tax debt to resolve. Other customers may want to look into other tax relief companies first before giving Alleviate Tax a call.

Call our recommended rep over at Alleviate Tax below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.9

David Gilliam Nashville, TN

Brandon, Senior Tax Consultant was extremely honest, he made me feel assured and confident that I will be represented in an open and honest fashion. After dealing with several other tax settlement companies Brandon gave me confidence that he along with his associates at Alleviate Tax will help me solve a problem that I can not solve by myself alone.

23 hours ago

Nichole Pearson Washington, DC

Joshua H was was extremely pleasant, he made sure I understand my options and help make the first payment affordable. I appreciate his customer service along with malting this process easier.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Joshua takes care of our clients very well, we'll pass your kind words along!

Oct. 4th, 2022

Jennifer Carter Lebanon, OR

Josh has been great through this process and excellent about explaining the process and making sure that I am comfortable with this decisions that I am making to get our tax debt resolved. Thank you for helping elevate my stress!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Josh is fantastic, and we're glad you thought so too! Thank you for the review!

arivers Rockville, MD

Hi My name is Anthony R, I am beyond the moon excited and So RELIEVED, to have found Alleviate Tax, I’ve been down and depress about finding the right Tax Expert to help me dig out this terrifying nightmare of Tax issues. Brandon N, 10, 10, 10, 10, a crossed the board. Brandon took the time to go over every detail of the procedure and outlined specific key points that no other tax person I was researching and dealing with. Thank you.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Anthony, we're so happy to hear that working with Brandon made the experience better for you. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Aug. 29th, 2022

Deborah Bainton Los Angeles, CA

Alleviate Tax is willing to help and get results for your tax problems,they ask questions and get answers to solve what ever tax’s issue there is and also go the extra mile to help get it resolved, I would recommend alleviate tax to my family and friends and anyone else who needs help with their tax problems, it will give you a piece of mind and you’ll be able to sleep at night knowing there’s someone helping you get your tax life together.

Aug. 24th, 2022

Donald Hancock Kalispell, MT

I have accumulated fairly large Federal and state tax bills. This is something that has been weighing on me for quite some time. I contacted Alleviate Tax to see if they could help. I am now working with Brandon N and he has been very understanding and thorough. He explained the process and their program in detail. So far this has been a great experience. I would highly recommend their service to anyone with a substantial tax debt.

Aug. 23rd, 2022

a.r.e radio Colorado Springs, CO

joshua h. was very helpful in getting me on track and sorting out my tax issues, i don't know how or why the irs put all these taxes on me but hopefully i can get everything straightened out

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Joshua is awesome, thanks so much for your feedback!

Sep. 22nd, 2022

Monica Harvey St Louis, MO

I have stressed and put my tax issues behind me so afraid to address them! But with speaking with Joshua H. I feel so much comfortable and excited to get my problems under control. You are the best!!! Very straight forward.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Joshua is awesome and he definitely loves his job. Glad to hear he took care of you!

Phyllis White Overland Park, KS

Alleviate Tax was successful in solving my tax problems. Stephanie M was particularly helpful and excellent in communicating the status at various stages and walking me through each step. I highly recommend Alleviate Tax.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Stephanie does great work for her clients. Thanks for working with her and the rest of our team!

Nick Rothmeier Omaha, NE

This has been an amazing experience. I've been in contact with Drew on my situation and he has been outstanding. Drew knows how to talk and hold a conversation with the upmost respect. I appreciate the conversations with Drew and it feels as if I am talking to a friend about everything. Drew took his time on my situation, learned the issues that I was facing, and has created an amazing plan to get my issues resolved. Alleviate is an amazing company and has an amazing staff set in place. Unlike most money hungry companies out there - Alleviate gives it to you straight with no hidden fees or secrets. I truly appreciate all the help and would recommend Alleviate to anyone out there needed help. A+++

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We're glad you had a great experience with us, thank you for the kind words!

Jul. 11th, 2022

Cheryl Schroeder Sacramento, CA

I was very pleased with Alleviate Tax n how they kept me informed of taking care of my back taxes n everything they needed to complete and bring me up to date with my taxes! I will use them every year now to file n pay my taxes on time! There associate Drew was always there to answer all my questions & made sure I knew n understood what I needed to provide & walked me through how to use the electronic Signature on my computer! Every time I had a question or concern Drew was very patient n understanding & I will recommend him & his associates to anyone in need of filing there tax returns !! They all made sure I had all my questions answered n my taxes are done n up to date!! I highly recommend Alleviate Taxes to all my friends & anyone looking to solve there back unpaid taxes or just want the freedom of knowing there taxes are done professionally n no more sleepless nights worrying who will get the job done and do everything possible to get you what you deserve ! Peace of mind at a very reasonable price what more could you ask for?!!! Thank you Drew & everyone at Alleviate Tax for no more sleepless nights!! Thank You a very pleased customer Cheryl Schroeder 😀 PS Drew your the best & after dealing with me I believe you deserve to be employee of the year!! Perhaps even a raise 😉

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Drew does great work for his clients. Thanks for working with him and the rest of our team!

Jun. 14th, 2022

Ife Chukwu Oakland, CA

Awesome customer’s with Brandon. Very patient in listening to clients concerns and trying to give a better solutions to their problems

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We're glad to hear that, and we'll pass your feedback along to him!

Oct. 4th, 2022

Matt Wheeler Carlisle, PA

I was very pleased with the way Joshua H walked me through everything step by step. He made it easy for someone that doesn't know anything about taxes to understand

Sep. 20th, 2022

S.L.Swann Chandler, AZ

Joshua H reached out to me and I could not be more pleased with his help. It’s great to get help getting back I track and I’m very happy with the Setvices

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Joshua is awesome and we're happy to help, so glad you had a great experience with us!

Sep. 20th, 2022

Justin S Central Point, OR

Shaun E and the Team at Alleviate tax have been very quick and friendly to help resolve my issues with IRS & State We are working through it! Thank you!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We love helping all of our clients resolve their tax issues. Thank you for letting us handle your case!

Sep. 15th, 2022

Robert Dallas, TX

Hey Heard from friend about Eric and he is grate he have taken care of me I will honestly say this place is Great and I would recommend this Alleviate tax to anyone

David Cook Jackson, MI

They are extremely helpful and prompt to return calls, and have helped me to essentially get my life back and escape the grief of mounting debts. Joshua H was my repisentitive and gets my top recommendation.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Glad we were able to help, David! Thanks for the review!

Sep. 2nd, 2022

Cindy F San Diego, CA

This company is great! The person who assisted me, Drew C. Was absolutely wonderful! He was patient and courteous, he made sure I understood the process, I couldn’t be happier!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Drew is awesome and we're happy to help, so glad you had a great experience with us!

Aug. 19th, 2022

Dlrjr Robinson Portland, OR

Im thank for getting starting at resolving my debt. Joshua was very helpful and reassuring in getting my problems solved and a workable solution too a problem when no one else would listen , thank you again for your help.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Joshua is awesome, and we're happy to hear that you got the help that you needed!

Aug. 15th, 2022

Angela Locust Grove, GA

Brandon Nguyen is the person to deal with. He was very patient and understanding. Brandon didn’t make me feel bad for getting behind, he just offered his help in every way he could. I gee very comfortable in knowing that Brandon is handling my tax problems and very confident that he will help me get them resolved!!Thank you Brandon!!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Brandon is awesome and he definitely loves his job. Glad to hear he took care of you!

Jul. 22nd, 2022

Ernie Santa Clara, CA

i had the pleasure with speaking with Logan...... you had patience enough to listen to my concerns about our lovely IRS...... and he was in agreement with everything that I believe..... which set me at ease and i was ready to do business with him....... In all my 20+ years of self employment i have not taken the steps....... it has been very difficult for me to gauge my financial obligations with the IRS........ Now perhaps with AT I can rest assured....... thank you Logan, Ernie

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Logan takes care of our clients very well. We will pass your kind words along!

Jun. 27th, 2022

Mozhgan Noori Tampa, FL

Customer Review Video

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Brandon is awesome and we're happy to help, so glad you had a great experience with us!

Jun. 22nd, 2022

Jeffrey Roscher Anaheim, CA

Yeah Joshua did me right on this and I appreciate everything trying to help me out and that he really convincing he's going to fix this for me thank you very much Joshua

Sep. 2nd, 2022

Victor Logan TX

Good customer service from Representative Eric. He seemed very interested in helping me try to resolve my tax issues. He was very personable and friendly.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks so much for the kind words, Victor!

Aug. 25th, 2022

B.J. Irvine, CA

Brandon was very helpful and followed up when he said he would and worked to figure a solution for my situation which I appreciated. Definitely give these guys a shot at helping you against the IRS

Jul. 14th, 2022

Celeste Harden Colorado Springs, CO

I called in with tax concerns and spoke with Rob W. He was very knowledgeable and answered my questions. We came up with a plan and he made me feel comfortable with my options.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Rob is awesome, and we're happy to hear that you got the help that you needed!

Jul. 14th, 2022

Mark Hernandez Fort Worth, TX

Brandon was a true professional and was up front and honest. I was not able to improve the settlement I already have in place and Brandon did not try to tahe my money and was very professional. I would recommend this service to anyone who needs help with their taxes.

Jul. 7th, 2022

Robin Carter Chicago, IL

Joseph is the reason why I decided to go with Alleviate. My experience with him made the decision extremely easy. He was mildly persistent in the beginning, just enough to keep me interested in hearing more about the services. Im am very happy with my decision and looking forward to getting my life back!

Jul. 6th, 2022

Millie Walters Costa Mesa, CA

Logan was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was patient and able to quickly and effectively answer all my questions. If I ever have any other questions about my taxes or in need of a resolution, I will definitely contact Logan. Highly recommend. -Millie W.

Jul. 5th, 2022

Kim C Loganville, GA

Drew was very informative and seemed very knowledgeable about all the different aspects of their program. I was impressed and was able to be approved. He was very empathetic to my needs and I thought he treated me with the upmost respect

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Drew takes care of our clients very well, we'll pass your kind words along!

Jun. 27th, 2022

Katlyn Lee's Summit, MO

Brandon made everything that felt overwhelming, calm. He walked me through the entire process and made sure I completely understood what was going on. His customer service was flawless and he was so patient with me. He helped walk me through the esign process and did everything to put my mind at ease. Thank you so much, Brandon!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Brandon is fantastic, and we're glad you thought so too! Thank you for the review!

Jun. 22nd, 2022

Ray San Francisco, CA

Eric was very persistence to my advantage and I am grateful!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks for the review, Ray!

Oct. 6th, 2022

Clinton Denny Pocatello, ID

I was afraid to ask for help feeling pressured by my experience with other firms, with Alleviate I was able to express myself fully to Bijay without any problems and felt as if I knew him personally, he explained the total process without any problems and me understanding what I'm up against and thank you for the type of individual I came across in representing Alleviate sincerely Clinton R D

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Bijay is awesome and we're happy to help, so glad you had a great experience with us!

Apr. 28th, 2022

Michelle Crane Phoenix, AZ

There are 2 things that really stood out to me about this company. The first thing is their free discovery call where they will evaluate your tax situation and see how they can best help you. I like that they don't charge you to see if you qualify for their services. The second thing that really impressed me is their IRS fresh start program. In this program (which also has a free consultation), they can help you settle your debt with the IRS for less than you owe. The website provides pages of FAQs to answer your questions and see if this company is the right fit.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Always happy to help. Thanks for working with us!

Jun. 23rd, 2022

Della Hines Austin, TX

This was a wonderful experience for me Drew took me through everything very comfortable explain exactly what was going on what I should expect and what is going to happen with my tax I felt comfortable letting y'all take over what y'all needed to do to correct my text for me I would recommend your company to anyone and I appreciate y'all helping me through such a hard time and people like Drew that works with your customer that's a great opportunity for them to make sure people are comfortable the way he made me not be scared that I was messing up something I appreciate Drew very much for helping me out with my tax situation like I said I would recommend this company to anyone that needed help thank you for your service I cannot express how much I appreciate this so much

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Glad to hear you'd recommend us to people. We work really hard to make sure all of our clients are taken care of. Thank you for your feedback!

Feb. 15th, 2022

Kantrell Clark TX

Joshua is a very cool and well person who helps me and shows empathy and he very positive about getting my life together

Aug. 15th, 2022

Michael Howard Anaheim, CA

Shaun E. at Alleviate Tax has been extremely helpful and walked me through the entire process. He even worked with me on the price in order for me to afford it.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Shaun is awesome, and we're happy to hear that you got the help that you needed!

Aug. 4th, 2022

Jeanne Cook Overland Park, KS

I have been anxious about my tax situation and Joshua was very kind and reassuring. He was great to speak with and patiently answered all my questions.

Jul. 29th, 2022

w west MN

My experience with ATR has been one that eased my stress of my taxes being resolved. My consultant Eric K was efficient and thorough in helping me to choose ATR to represent me.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We're so happy you came to us! Thanks for leaving a review!

Jul. 27th, 2022

Michael Wroblewski TX

Joshua.H has been on his game at no cost or bump in the road he giving up on me I'm very pleased and extatic and look forward to working on my future resolution and getting my life back in order thanks to elleviate tax

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Thanks so much for the kind words, Michael!

Jul. 1st, 2022

JOHN VANIDESTINE Houston, TX

Joshua H was very personal and professional and low pressure. Kept things simple easy to understand and was willing to work with me. I feel comfortable moving forward with my tax issue with him.

Jun. 23rd, 2022

Ernesto Perez Modesto, CA

Feel great to talk to Josh about my tax problems and he give me the trust and confidence of my results and answers of my problems. Fell better on my mind to have someone like him on my side. Thanks Josh...I trust you.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Josh takes care of our clients very well, we'll pass your kind words along!

Jun. 20th, 2022

DEAN ANOSHEH Seattle, WA

Excellent service, very friendly, honest and knowledgeable staffs, Mr Drew C helped me alot to resolve my tax issues that I had for years and was impacting my life very badly .words can describe how happy I'm and relief from stress throughout last 10 years . Thank you all.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Glad we were able to help, Dean! Thanks for the review!

May. 27th, 2022

Raymond Palermo The Bronx, NY

Recently contacted Alleviate Tax and was Immediately introduced to Mr Joshua H. I can honestly say, our conversation with my tax issues went smoothly and professionally. Everything was explained to me and every detail was pinpoint. I will continue to work with Alleviate Tax and highly recommend them, especially Joshua.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

We're glad you had a great experience with us, thank you for the kind words!

Apr. 14th, 2022

brandon moala Inglewood, CA

Very Professional and they do ALL they can to Help to Me with back taxes and tax debt and they also have Great Team who Specializes in different departments can’t wait to be Tax Debt Free, Really Appreciate Joshua and his Team!!

Apr. 13th, 2022

Diane Watkins Watervliet, NY

I had the pleasure of working with with Drew C. I would surely recommend him if you needed someone to help solve your tax problems. I actually felt better when I got done speaking with him and the assurance I felt was wonderful. Thanks Drew.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Happy to hear he did a great job, and we'll pass the message along to him!

Jun. 21st, 2022

Eva Dominy Houston, TX

Brandon worked so fast and actually helped. He walked me through everything and took a huge weight off my shoulders. I am so great full for his kindness and his understanding. My tax debt with my ex husband was so high and I was worried they would start taking money out of my check but Brandon called and immediately started working on it. His people skills are awesome as he assured me it was not a scam. He sent me proof and even let me look them up before I would even talk to him. Thank you Brandon!!!!

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Eva, we're so happy to hear that working with Brandon made the experience better for you. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Apr. 11th, 2022

Judy Pittsboro, NC

During all the twists and turns of selling property to pay my delinquent tax debt, each Alleviate representative treated me with respect, kindness, and patience while keeping me informed and educated about the process, next steps, and IRS communication. At the most critical stage, Erin and Wendy were timely and flawless while explaining details and managing communication with several other parties involved in the transaction. I couldn't have done this on my own and they were there for me when I was desperate for help.

Mar. 28th, 2022

Linda McNichols Midlothian, IL

I was working with a company who never responded. I got a call from Logan and we were on the phone for about 2 hours while he listened to me and my situation and explained how Alleviate Tax works. Then Shawn called to explain the investigation with thoroughness and patience. If you need an ethical and professional company Alleviate Tax is that company.

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Logan and Shaun are great, we're glad to hear that you had a great experience with us!

Mar. 21st, 2022

Lonnie Edwards Chicago, IL

Joshua .h is very amazing he was very helpful with all of my questions and answer them to the t he is a great communicator he made me feel comfortable and he made me feel like he really wanted to help me out and with that I am pursuing to get my taxes in order with the help of him I recommend him to all of your customers or clients great guy all right I got it at amazing

Reply from Alleviate Tax

Lonnie, we're so happy to hear that working with Joshua made the experience better for you. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Feb. 24th, 2022