H&R Block Logo

6.9

Steven Klaproth Show Low, AZ

This company has been the flagship of tax preparation companies for decades. They have changed from in-person visits to internet software which makes tax prep easy and without missing out on deductions.

brandon wilkins West Valley City, UT

I’ve used them for several years. They used to send out a disc through the mail with a discount. They need more options depending on what kind of help you need. Strongly considering other options with how much it cost me to prepare and exile last year.

Mike Curtis Guyton, GA

I used TaxAct for six years. It is a good product but priced itself out of my market. I originally used TurboTax but the same thing happened there. Now I’m back to TurboTax because it is now less expensive! I’ve used TaxAct, TaxCut, and H&R Block software. All have similar features but TurboTax gives me more for my $.

Luke Smith Parkville, MD

Easy to schedule with my favorite tax professional. Been using them for 5 years now. Originally went to them after another accountant messed some things up and H&R Block got it all fixed up with minimal effort from me.

Hannah Denver, CO

I love the ease that this service has provided me when doing my own taxes. As a young adult, I found that this website provided me with much direction to accomplish the goal of what I needed. The only thing I do not like is the frequency of emails that come to me from using this service, It can be very repetitive and overbearing.

Jennifer Alonso Asbury Park, NJ

We’ve been using HR Block for over 6 years and our tax professional Jim H is patient, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. He gives great advice to help ensure that we never run into unexpected tax problems every year.

Francis Soyer Issaquah, WA

We have been doing business with H & R for the better part of 15 years-8 years in the Bellevue WA location where we reside now. I guess the biggest reason for the 4 star rating instead of 5 is because of inconsistency. Our tax person is super nice and very intelligent but I think that perhaps a bit overwhelmed!? That office stays quite busy!

Silvia Lobendahn Orem, UT

I have personally used H&R block for over 10 years and I think that it's easy to use. It also you to feel comfortable by having an H&R agent check over your work so you feel 100% sure of your return. I have enjoyed using this product from home to complete my tax returns.

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

We have used H&R Block for years to do our taxes and it really is so user friendly. But a couple of years ago after we had gone through and checked everything, it didn't flag that we had used our alotted number of student academic benefit deductions and we were later (years later) taxed heavily for that. Since then we've been far more wary of using the program.

Dylan Rhodes Fillmore, UT

This is the only tax refund generator I have ever used. It was easy enough that I’ve gone back and used it every year since the first. Overall I feel like it gets the job done.

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

We used H & R Block services when our filing was fairly simple and straightforward. We found their services very fairly priced and the instructions easy to follow. We didn't need to use their customer service because the on-line instructions were easy to follow.

Joy Hill Pleasant Grove, UT

For a simple tax return, HR block can't be beat. You can use their online application and whip your return up quickly. They also give suggestions throughout the process to maximize your refund.

Jacob Shaner

I used their online version to file taxes. It is very easy to understand and use. My returns have always been filed correctly. I like the design of the website as well. Very professional and appealing to the eye.

Brennan Orem, UT

I feel like H&R Block is a good option if you have complicated taxes. The price is well worth it if you are in that situation. I didn't really need the extensive options with them so I slightly overpaid. It is a great company and would recommend if your circumstances fit their mold.

Erika American Fork, UT

Have used H&R before. Once our tax return became more complicated through the years we decided to switch to another service. It was a little more difficult to try and do the complicated taxes through it. But for basic taxes it worked ok. I felt the price was expensive once you were doing anything but basic tax returns.

nathan brewer Lehi, UT

We started using H&R when we got into rental properties. Having someone else that knows the tax laws so well is such a great relief. The thing I like the best is the option to have them represent us if we ever get audited.

JARED J BUCKLEY Fort Bridger, WY

I have only skipped one year of H&R Block doing my taxes and it was definitely not worth it. The peace of mind that comes with their service is well worth the cost in my book. Life longer

Hailey Nilson Salt Lake City, UT

I am a poor, naive college student that doesn't know how to figure out my taxes and H&R Block has been so incredibly useful for me. They are inexpensive, easy-to-use, and so helpful.

Fernando Delgado Tempe, AZ

We attempted to file our taxes thru H&R block but process was a little confusing compare to other tax preparation services. I would recommend to try to make the process online easier especially for people that don't have much knowledge about taxes.

Lindsay Fritts San Diego, CA

Used H&R block last year for my return, they were pretty good! I start using the online filing, but then had questions so made an appointment and went into the office. Super helpful guy who ended up giving me advice to go home and file myself (it would have been really expensive for him to do it). Really liked that he was honest with me!

Eric San Diego, CA

While they provide quality service with friendly staff, I would not recommend them if you have a simple tax return to file. Websites that offer tax services will be better for that but if you have a more complex return to file, they are great to work with.

Benjamin Taliulu Salt Lake City, UT

I like their DIY tax filling options they walk you throug it step by step which is the good part but even if you chose the free filing option they charge you at the end to file. I don’t know if I was missing something but I feel like I went through the steps pretty thoroughly and couldn’t find and option to keep it from charging me. Not that it costs much but after taking all that time to fill out the info you I just didn’t want to deal with it anymore so I just paid. Although I am happy with the service I dislike how it gets you at the end. But like I said maybe I missed something.

NT Pleasant Grove, UT

first experience was not a good one. i called ahead to make appointment to avoid long line. when i arrived i still had to wait 30 mins. i was with a gentleman who was a new employee as he still didn't fully understand the state rules/regulations and had to leave and ask his manager questions. after 45 mins we found out we had to do it again and i had to schedule another appointment. i gave the new employee another chance knowing he is new. at the end of the process H&R block fee was charging me almost $400 to file my taxes. i immediately declined and never went back.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

We used to earn money over seas and we always trusted H&R Block to help with the complicated questions. We also sleep well knowing we have the very best taking care of our tax needs.

Catherine Taliulu Salt Lake City, UT

I have been using them for years and never had an issue where they couldn’t help. Anytime I need customer service, they are always friendly and very helpful. I don’t see me changing to a new service anytime soon.

Becky Rasmussen American Fork, UT

Quick fast service for taxes and accounting needs. They hire a lot of new/young accountants, but their better at filing taxes than me and the fees are super competitive. I also appreciate their online services.

Carolynn West Jordan, UT

This is our second year using H&R Block and we love it. I was nervous to do it myself, but it was simple and explained each thing step by step. Plus if you need, there is always help you can get.

Shane Rodney Mesa, AZ

Even for someone who's knows nothing about taxes or accounting this was a simple process. Saved us a ton of money doing it ourself. Great questions that take you through the entire process.

Trent Allen Queen Creek, AZ

Super easy to use. One of the best features is that is will transfer all your information from previous years so it speeds up the time to finish your taxes. E-file also works very smooth.

Elyse Bradley Provo, UT

I have mixed feelings about H&R Block. The first 2 years I went to them, I had decent service for a fairly decent price. The person who helped me was always courteous, but often failed to explain things clearly. They did help me maximize my tax return both times. This year, however, they quoted my price over $300 for a return that wasn't that complex. Because I had 2 forms different this year, they were going to charge me 2x the amount of previous years. I said no thanks and ended up filing online for free by myself and the estimated return was WAY higher than what H&R quoted. I probably won't ever go back.

shirell West Haven, CT

great place striaght to the point great help with tax breaks n they explain well

Marci Randall Sandy, UT

Love the online free software. Easy to use…steps you through the entire process.

Bianca Chipley, FL

I know I can always trust the knowledgeable H&R block representatives to maximize my tax return!

wyattpaige Tallahassee, FL

The website is super easy to navigate, and the customer service is great if i ever need help

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Had my taxes done by them one time and they missed a ton of savings. I ended up doing my taxes myself and found what they missed. Have never tried them since.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

Ive been a tax custome of h r block for over 25 years,ive always had a great experience with h r block,and they have always been honest and accurate.

Belle Pierdon Willoughby, OH

When I used H&R Block it was a bit too pricey. They got the job done just fine but I would not be likely to recommend them to others

Amy N Sandy, UT

The H&R Block agent was very thorough and careful with my tax return. They did a good job. I felt they were a bit on the expensive side though.

Brandon Kimball Thurgood AZ

Have used there tax software for 4 years now. Each year I am pleased with the ease in doing my own taxes.

J B Sandy, UT

Provided excellent service and answers to my questions the year a sold my house and had to book a gain on my taxes.

Russell Vastine Aurora, CO

Use H&R Block every year when I file my taxes. Easy to use software and I can go to their office if I need help.

AmandaWindsor Toronto, ON

Quick and easy to use. This is the second year in a row I have used this service to complete my husband's and mine tax returns

CAlexander ,

Don't do it. Thankfully there was a mistake on my return that needed further investigation, that's when the IRS realized I was owed OVER A GRAND MORE than the tax preparer claimed!!!! This was in the Lady's Island SC office. I met someone else that had the same experience so please. Don't waste your money. They act like they have no idea what's going on in there.

Kerry Lincoln, NE

Valerie was extremely helpful to me and very nice. Go there every year for my taxes & I will continue to do so! Thanks Valerie!!

John Austin, TX

Oh and on another note if you see good reviews on [email protected] block it's more than likely the employees or their family members writing them to make [email protected] block look good so if you good reviews just know I know how it works when I've worked at companies they make new emails just to leave good reviews [email protected] block is horrible!!!!!!! Their emerald card screwed me over I have no money at all and will have to wait on a stimulus check in the mail all because I used that stupid emerald card with a refund transfer

Robert Somerset, KY

Courteous, however is not clear on current tax laws and don't explain the process and stipulation on the ral. Don't think you are going to get the loan, the odds are if you need it, you won't get it. If you claimed eic you are going to wait at least 6 weeks which they will not tell you. Basically educate yourself because they don't tell you what you need to know, they tell you what you want to hear and leave you disappointed.

Richa Chicago, IL

The tax associate (Susan P) did my taxes wrong. I told her I will do them on my own and need refund for the fees I paid her. She said she would refund me. It has been over 2 months, and over a dozen calls to her and H&R block supervisor (Charles D) but no response. Charles even said they will / or have dispatched my refund and I'll get it within a couple of week or so. But that was a lie! I am so tired of calling over and over again.

Connie O

I paid for a service ?? I completed my tax return but when I tried to go back to make a correction I was asked to pay again. I chose the free service and completed my return only to discover I had an incomplete return attached to my payment. I could not make corrections so I have paid for a service ( not sure what ) and completed my return while the paid one sits there as incomplete. I would not suggest this service and it was a nightmare. Scammers

Andrea Herman Decatur, IN

Do not take your business to H and R. A manager treated us with such disrespect. And also overcharged us. When I complained to her boss, paperwork was sent in for a refund of the overcharge. The refund was also asked for, because of the nasty treatment we received at the original place. Well, apparently corporate doesnt care how their customers are treated. Because they will not refund any money. We will never go to an H and R place again. Neither will our friends and family after this horrible treatment H and R has to offer. Money hungry!!

Jen Colonial Beach, VA

The tax preparer did not send all necessary forms when they filed my taxes. It has been two months and the irs said to expect a delay of at least another two months because H&R block did not send child tax credit and EIC forms. Now the H&R Block office is closed for season and I can’t contact my tax preparer. It cost over $400 for them to not do their job correctly.