H&R Block has offered professional tax services since 1955, giving them over 60 years of experience. H&R Block has served over 550 million clients and have offices within five miles of most American households. It offers a wide variety of tax filing options at different prices and resources to clients. H&R Block also helps clients prepare taxes in one of their many offices or online.

With H&R Block, customers can do online tax filing with software on a computer or through a mobile phone (iOS and Android apps).

H&R Block offers audit support through its Audit Risk Identification feature which boosts the overall value of the software and the Double Check function and ensures total accuracy.

While filing, there are embedded links directly into forms to provide clients insights to learn more and find answers to questions.

In addition, there is a "walk through" workflow and bookmark options for users. A big plus is that an Accuracy Guarantee is included with every product.

The Good

• Guarantees
  • Member Resources
  • Suggested Tax Deductions
  • Customer Support

Guarantees

Every tax return comes with the "H&R Block Guarantee," covering any interest or penalty fees from the IRS. The guarantee also encompasses auditing.

Member Resources

H&R Block provides free in-person audit support for clients, and clients receive a 5 percent bonus refund on top of their federal refund to be used at over 15 retailers. Also, live chat is available for clients to help them with any questions or concerns when filing.

Tax filers who use H&R Block can choose to receive their tax return as a direct deposit to their bank account, which makes it especially easy and convenient.

Suggested Tax Deductions

Standard Deductions The standard deduction is a fixed dollar amount that reduces the income you're taxed on. Your standard deduction varies according to your filing status. In 2014, the standard deduction was:

• For single or married filing separately -- $6,200
  • For married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er) -- $12,400
  • For head of household -- $9,100

Itemized Deductions Itemized deductions also reduce your taxable income. Ex: If you're in the 15% tax bracket, every $1,000 in itemized deductions knocks $150 off of your tax bill. You might benefit from itemizing your deductions on Form 1040, Schedule A if you:

• Have itemized deductions that total more than the standard deduction you'd receive
  • Had large, uninsured medical and dental expenses
  • Paid mortgage interest and real estate taxes on your home
  • Had large, unreimbursed expenses as an employee
  • Had a large, uninsured casualty (fire, flood, wind) or theft losses
  • Made large contributions to qualified charities
  • Had large, unreimbursed miscellaneous expenses

Customer Support

H&R Block offers a number of ways to get in touch with them:

• By phone: 1-800-472-5625
  • Twitter: @HRBlockAnswers
  • Live Chat: Live support is offered in programs to paying customers.

The Bad

• Supported Forms
  • Most Popular Version Prices

Supported Forms

For basic tax preparation, H&R Block offers 1040, 1040a, 1040ez. These tax forms are standard for filing taxes if individuals are employed in full or part-time jobs.

For those who are self-employed, H&R Block offers a Schedule C. The Schedule C is a form used for people to report how much money they earned or lost from their business during the fiscal year.

To report on multiple owned properties, H&R Block offers a Schedule E. The Schedule E allows individuals to report how much money they earned or lost from renting their properties during the fiscal year.

Most Popular Version Prices

Federal

• H&R Block Deluxe - The best way to go for homeowners or investors. This option has a fee of $34.99
  • H&R Block Premium - The best way to go for self-employed or rental property owners. This option's fee is $36.99

State

• H&R Block Deluxe - The best way to go for homeowners or investors. The fee is $54.99
  • H&R Block Premium - The best way to go for self-employed or rental property owners. This option costs $36.99

The Bottom Line

Tax season is when taxpayers receive the money they overpaid in taxes as a tax refund. Whether someone is filing a very simple set of tax returns or relatively complicated ones, this software is likely to provide the tools needed. Using an online tax filing software is cheaper than paying a tax preparer to do the work for you.

The filing process can be confusing, and getting it done correctly is important. Online tax filing software is a great resource for filers preparing their own taxes.

H&R Block puts direct links into online forms, giving clients insights into their questions during the application process. In addition, clients are walked through the online tax preparation filing process and are provided with several guarantees to provide peace of mind.

However, the H&R Block tax prep software doesn't automatically offer suggested deductions, which can make a big difference in what your tax return looks like.

H&R Block has expanded its free tax software include more complicated forms. If your tax situation isn't too complicated, you may be able to do a free file with H&R Block. Overall, H&R Block has several great features and is a good choice for tax prep.

3.2

Denice
August 11th, 2019 Tazewell, VA DETAILS

I was discriminated against by the District Manager and the Office manager, of my local H & R Block! Also the person that was suppose to be filling forms on my behalf DID NOT FILE them. I filed a complaint against them and was told that the District Managers Supervisor would get back with me. They DID NOT!! No one has gotten back with me!!! I have incurred late fee's and penalties from the IRS because they didn't do their job and file my forms!! Calling to get help or file a complaint was a waist of time because no cared and no they do not have your back!! nor are they the tax professionals you can trust!!!

theodore bibeault
August 7th, 2019 Chepachet, RI DETAILS

H&R Block peace of mind insurance is a scam. They say if you purchase the extra insurance it will back you up in the event of a audit. well for years we dropped off our information and let them handle our taxes to find out they where under reporting our income and we got audited. they said no worries your in good hands it was our error peace of mind will pay all your penalties and fees. but when the audits where over they were not cooperative and declined to give us any information saying we where declined the peace of mind and now we are stuck paying over $100,000 in penalties and fees. Do not fall for the scam seek a accountant for help in taxes in the long run will be much more cheaper then listening to H&R Block.

Yazmin L.
August 7th, 2019 DETAILS

My tax preparer based my taxes for my business off of gross income rather than net. I corrected him during our meeting and he said I was wrong. I returned with complaints about the amount I owed and he apologized and amended my taxes, so I was right all along. Now I'm dealing with constant letters from the IRS asking for this and that because of my amended taxes that could have been totally avoided if the tax preparer knew what he was doing. When I shared my story, my mom's friend said H&R Block has been doing her taxes based off of her gross income as well for years. What is the point of deductibles if they are not being recognized?? I will never have this joke of a company prepare my taxes again.

Cheryl
July 19th, 2019 Broussard, LA DETAILS

Went into local office and watched the so called pro enter numbers in online form. Same thing i could have done myself. Then charged 3 times the amount of the online product. Abdolutely a rip off for people going in to an office. Reason for going into local office was wanting explanation as to why TurboTax and H&R was giving me different result when putting in identical numbers in forms. Instead of answering my question goes ahead and reenters figures all over again.

Chloe Adams
July 11th, 2019 Morgan, UT DETAILS

So simple! This was the most stress free tax service I have ever used. Thank you for being prompt and answering my questions.

Richa
June 25th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

The tax associate (Susan P) did my taxes wrong. I told her I will do them on my own and need refund for the fees I paid her. She said she would refund me. It has been over 2 months, and over a dozen calls to her and H&R block supervisor (Charles D) but no response. Charles even said they will / or have dispatched my refund and I'll get it within a couple of week or so. But that was a lie! I am so tired of calling over and over again.

T
June 19th, 2019

Extremely expensive especially considering they aren’t truly out to help clients. Just want you in and out as soon as possible.

Marissa
June 10th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN DETAILS

H&R block was fine, but they ended up charging me for certain filing services that I can get for free through other Tax services, so I don't use them anymore.

Kassandra
May 30th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

The were fast kind and helpful, they knew what they were doing and got me taken care, cheap and easy.

Jacob Shaner
May 28th, 2019

I used their online version to file taxes. It is very easy to understand and use. My returns have always been filed correctly. I like the design of the website as well. Very professional and appealing to the eye.

JBranny
May 24th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

I filed my taxes with H & R Block for 3 years. The first 2 years were great overall. While I always thought the price was a little high, I was willing to pay it knowing our taxes had been done correctly. The third year is when it got insane. I brought in all correct tax paperwork and got the taxes filed by the same person who had done it the last 2 years. However, 3 months later, I got a letter from the state saying I owed an additional $1,000 than what I had been told at the time of filing my taxes. However, when I went to talk with the regional manager at H & R to get it resolved, they took no blame and said there is nothing they would do to help me resolve it. I tried calling their helpline to get resolution...still nothing. I will not be going back, nor will I recommend anyone go there for tax services.

Bob2929
May 17th, 2019 Old Town, ME DETAILS

I have used H and R Block many times in the past and had good experiences, however that was at other locations than the 625 Broadway in Bangor Maine location. I had some issues with my online filing and wanted to meet with an actual person to get it straightened out. The offices hours of operation are listed as 9-2 pm and I arrived at 1:00. I waited for several minutes for someone to help me, listening to people talk on phones in the background until a British manger named Tim came out, saw me, and told me someone would be with me shortly. He walked up to an office space containing an employee, and with both index fingers pointed up in the air, gave what looked like a "wrap it up" gesture. Moments later the employee, an elderly lady, came out of the cubical. With a sigh she asked how she could help me. While she let out her sighed question regarding my business, she did not look at me, she looked down at the watch on her wrist. I detailed that I had some problems with the online software and just wanted to file my taxes with a person so things would stop going wrong. Her actual response was "Oh we don't know about all that" still looking periodically at her watch to suggest that she did not have time for this. She went on to tell me that she did not know how all that "online mumbo jumbo" worked, and that she would ask her manager Tim in a couple of minutes if he knew anything about it, but she was pretty sure they could not help me and I needed to contact the IRS. I then waited calmly and patiently while she took a phone call. When she finished she re-approached me, looked into my eyes, down at her watch, and back to my eyes, and said "you know there's a person who works at another office that is a whiz with all that online stuff, she could probably help you on Thursday." When she looked to me, then to her watch, then back to me for the 5th time, I became angry. I told her I did not care about the online filing, nor did I need help with it, I wanted to file in person, and all that was required was for us to transfer the information form the web forms to whatever forms they needed to do an in the office return. I only needed to file a simple 1040ez, not a 1040 long form, but apparently if the office closes within 1 hour of the time you arrive you will be told that people do not know how to do that. Her manager Tim came out of the office next, ascertained that I was upset, and seemingly, being complicit with the "We don't work an hour within closing time" policy, told me that I could make an appointment to come back. At this point it was obvious that I would not be given any help and my time in the office had been wasted. I chose to leave without making an appointment because god forbid the time I set up is within a 5 hour window of someone going home. They may again pretend that they don't know what taxes are to get out of the possibility of staying 2 minutes over. Use Turbotax or Liberty Tax if you are in the area. Their software is better, and their customer service has to be miles above this "subtract 2 hours from closing time to determine our hours of operation" garbage.

Dean
May 14th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

I used H&R Block before switching over to Turbo Tax. After years of paying what seemed to be a lot more than I should I finally made the decision to switch. H&R Block do a great job with your taxes but they just simply charge to much. I would recommend using a different service if at all possible.

Ashley
May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We used to live overseas for part of the year and the taxes got a little overwhelming. We have always put our trust in H&R Block. They stand by their service if you are ever audited! It is worth your time to let the professionals handle your taxes and definitely worth the money!

Reese
May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used H&R Block many times for my taxes and the people are very knowledgable and very helpful. They make doing my taxes easy and ask the right questions and will help me with any questions that I have. The price is right and they will also make sure that they are correct.

Connie O
May 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

I paid for a service ?? I completed my tax return but when I tried to go back to make a correction I was asked to pay again. I chose the free service and completed my return only to discover I had an incomplete return attached to my payment. I could not make corrections so I have paid for a service ( not sure what ) and completed my return while the paid one sits there as incomplete. I would not suggest this service and it was a nightmare. Scammers

Joe
May 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Horrible experience, poor customer service

Andrea Herman
April 29th, 2019 Decatur, IN DETAILS

Do not take your business to H and R. A manager treated us with such disrespect. And also overcharged us. When I complained to her boss, paperwork was sent in for a refund of the overcharge. The refund was also asked for, because of the nasty treatment we received at the original place. Well, apparently corporate doesnt care how their customers are treated. Because they will not refund any money. We will never go to an H and R place again. Neither will our friends and family after this horrible treatment H and R has to offer. Money hungry!!

Jesse Garcia
April 23rd, 2019 DETAILS

Good product but AWFUL customer support!

Hector RodriguezTorres
April 23rd, 2019 DETAILS

Friendly, easy schedule, attention to details with competitive rates, protection programs.

charles m jones
April 22nd, 2019 Gastonia, NC DETAILS

I have had good service until now. I had to send my own taxes in that was supposed to be electronic . I paid big money for nothing and now I cant get my state tax sent off because of a screw up. I have had it with H&R Block and will never use them ever again. for the money I had to pay you would think they would give better service. You got me but you will never get me again

Jen
April 18th, 2019 Colonial Beach, VA DETAILS

The tax preparer did not send all necessary forms when they filed my taxes. It has been two months and the irs said to expect a delay of at least another two months because H&R block did not send child tax credit and EIC forms. Now the H&R Block office is closed for season and I can’t contact my tax preparer. It cost over $400 for them to not do their job correctly.

UpsetCX
April 18th, 2019 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS

I made appointment at the shoppers bestway woodbridge virginia office that was rescheduled once and cancelled on the day of appointment when I showed up in person. The manager Karen allowed a preparer that had no idea what she was doing. She kept asking other preparers for assistance, and over 2 hours later after her making numerous mistakes and me trying to point them out i gave up and just kept quiet as she tried to print and after 30 minutes trying she figured out how to print. I knew something was not right but she assured me it was because of new tax laws. I was told we owed more than 4k in taxes. I called H&R Corporate and explained all that happened and they agreed with me and they sent me to another office. They found that we only owed 1k (rounding numbers). I later found out after speaking to numerous people at H&R that the preparer that Karen allowed to prepare our taxes was NOT LICENSED nor did she have the training to do Business tax preparation. After numerous calls to speak to manager Karen I had to resort to threats of exposing what she did to the public to get her to except my phone calls. In the end H&R Corporate recognised what this office did to me was wrong and issued me a refund check. I have not received check yet but was called stating it was in the mail. Thank you H&R Corporate for doing the right thing. Karen you are by far the most unprofessional person I have had to deal with In H&R Block. P.S Thank You Syed from the Daniel S Sq. Office for fixing this mistake.

Hatti
April 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Terrible experience! I had to keep re-entering my Social Security information even though it was obviously correct. I couldn't e-file, so I sent a paper extension request to the ITS before my post office closed! Zero stars to Block! I had to put one on this form, but they didn't earn it ! What a needless hassle!!!😣

Taxpayer
April 18th, 2019 Evansville, IN DETAILS

Having recently been diagnosed with early onset dementia, I opted to file on-line, as I can no longer drive. The process was efficient and easy except for a couple of questions that were ignored,.. until I was notified that my return was complete and finalized. AFTER I was informed that the process was finished, and AFTER I'd completed the satisfaction survey, I was then told that I needed to go back and look up info. from last year's tax return, which was prepared by H&R Block, and provide that info. to my "tax pro" . If not, my tax return would not be completed. H&R Block already has this information, but apparently did not care to take the time to look it up. That's why I'm paying them over $200.00 for their services! So... needless to say, at this point I'm confused and left wondering why I was told my return was complete when in fact, that wasn't true. I've trusted H&R Block to handle this for the past 6 years, and have spent a lot of money to insure that the IRS was satisfied. But given this confusing unprofessional transaction, I'm unsure of any future trust with this company.

Ashley
April 17th, 2019 Monroe, MI DETAILS

Watch out for hidden fees if your taxes were garnished by student loans etc. This would be nice to well known before filing my taxes.

Shana
April 9th, 2019 Bowling Green, KY DETAILS

I have been a H&R Block customer for years and twice now (most recent being the worst) had negative experiences using them. I was mischarged and with little explanation from the tax preparer as to WHY, so I had to call the H&R Block 1-800# to get answers. The first time this happened was almost 4yrs ago, but I since gave H&R Block another chance because they made it right and refunded me some money from where I was mischarged. Yesterday for my 2018 tax return, it was done to me again, and I was forced to pay a fee per a “bracket” I somehow fell into which was the highest I have ever had to pay to get my taxes done IN MY LIFE. The “bracket” was $139; the most I have ever paid in previous years for a simple tax return is $88 and I thought that was high - in addition to the $139 there was an extra $60 worth attached to that for a simple tax return fee total of $200. I was floored - why so much?! There was nothing special about my return and I agreed to no additional protections offered by H&R Block - it should have been a simple W2 tax return. I asked where the additional fee applied came from, because the “bracket” she claimed I fell into was only $139 and taxes on that can’t amount to THAT MUCH, but she dodged the question repeatedly. She was there alone, and I felt robbed and helpless, so I paid it. When I left I immediately called the H&R Block 1-800# but they were somehow unable to assist me like they had been in the past when this happened to me before, and this time the Customer Service Rep said someone would call me that next day at 11am. That next day came, I waited almost an hour by the phone, no call. So still anxious, I called the 1-800# AGAIN and was given NO EXPLANATION as to why I had not received my promised phone call, but the Rep said she would have someone call me the next day which put it now on a workday for me when I might miss the call. When I acted annoyed by having to wait, putting this off a entire additional day, she said she could have someone call me later that SAME DAY, she said she assumed I wanted to talk to someone “more informed” other than just anyone. That is so annoying. Why isn’t EVERYONE there at H&R Block informed?! Is everyone that works at H&R Block now clueless?! I replied, well I don’t want to talk to another person who doesn’t have a clue because I want answers, not more of my time wasted. So she said this same day phone call at 1:00 now since I failed to receive my “initial expected call at 11” will be able to get me the answers I need. But I won’t hold my breath. I am so pissed. If I don’t get the phone call at 1:00 I am escalating this to a Manager level. All I want to know is WHY I was charged so much. It’s not that serious, if they can’t do something as simple as THAT, then heck, how can anyone trust them to do their taxes?! She apologized for my experience thus far, but it did not sound sincere AT ALL, her voice sounded annoyed and trying to get me off the phone. I told her I knew it was not HER personally who caused the mess I have now found myself in, but I needed to vent because H&R Block failed me again. If this is the kind of customer service I can expect from H&R Block, with a name out there like they are THE trusted tax professional business, with all the fancy commercials advertising how reliable they are to do the RIGHT thing to get you THE MOST money on your return, to which I call - false advertisement, because this experience has proven to me that they hire ANYONE off the streets with little to no experience and then advertise them as “tax professionals.” I might as well use a mom&pop local tax preparer, but I expected more from H&R Block for who THEY are. I won’t make that mistake again. I don’t like doing business with a company that gives its customers “the runaround.”

Susan D
April 5th, 2019 Walled Lake, MI

I came in very nervous and was put at ease within literally minutes by my Master Tax Advisor, Chrysia. She was so professional and helpful; she was able to show me tools and goals that put me at ease. I made my appointment for next year with her! Thank you!

Deanna
April 3rd, 2019 Mooresville, NC DETAILS

Always a turbo tax user but decided to try H&R Block. The employee Vickie P in Mooresville NC who consulted me disregarded any attempt to enter itemized deductibles (school costs, landlord expenses, moving expenses, donations, etc). She did not tell me about the fees that she was charging until I asked after 35 minutes. (I found this dishonest and misleading since there are signs everywhere that say "upfront transparent pricing"). I was still forced to pay the $59 consult fee even though Vicki wasted my time. The Franchise owner David N was hostile and unhelpful. H&R Block did nothing for customer support. H&R would have gotten me $500, $350 of which would go to H&R for their fees. I went on Turbotax, took my time and itemized and got $1200 back paid $120. Go with Turbo Tax. H&R only wants to take your money with no actual work.

Catherine
April 1st, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

if i could give zero stars i would, their online software malfunctioned, preventing me from filing my taxes. they were impossible to get ahold of, they gave me the runaround and no one told me filing online multiple times would prevent me from doing so again. i feel scammed.

Mary
March 26th, 2019 Franklin, WI DETAILS

I think H & R Block is the biggest RIP OFF! What they charge for simple taxes is outrageous!i should have stayed with the tax people I’ve gone to previously! Never again!! A senior citizen from Hales Corners Wi.

Kristi Czubernat
March 22nd, 2019 Timmonsville, SC DETAILS

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMENDED H & R BLOCK TO ANYONE, AND I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN! Apparently my state taxes were denied and sent back, and no one ever told me. I called 4 times to see if they had submitted my state taxes yet, and all I ever got was "it is sitting with IT" Then one day I got a text/email saying it had gone through. I got my check and it was way less than what H & R Block told me I was getting back. When I called the local office (Florence, SC - West Evans St) all they pretty much told me is that someone should have called me and told me my refund was going to be lower than what they told me, and that there is nothing they can do. This is ridiculous! They could have at least called me before and let me know, so I would be expecting a lower amount. BUT NO, NOTHING! AGAIN, I WOULD NEVER RECOMMENDED H & R BLOCK TO ANYONE, AND I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN! I am very frustrated, irritated, and furious.

Jim
March 19th, 2019 Peoria, IL DETAILS

My last years taxes State and Federal, prepared by H&R Block cost over $300. This year, even with your transparent pricing was going to cost me $225. Had my taxes prepared by a national licensed tax preparer, and my total for both State and Federal were $70. Will never recommend or use H&R Block again.

Daniel
March 12th, 2019 Roberts, WI DETAILS

I’m in a band that makes fairly decent money and have a full time job. Several years ago I went to hr block, not only did they not know how to get all my deductions they had me pay non reciprocity to the neighboring state I worked in occasionally I didn’t need to pay, then charged me $600!!! Never ever ever ever go to hr block! I found a local accountant, cost me $120 and almost doubled my return.

Sara
February 28th, 2019 Bear, DE DETAILS

I did my taxes here twice, horrible mistake. The first time, the girl actually input half of my info wrong and it caused a mess and i did not end up receiving my return until SEPTEMBER! AND, i had to deal and solve/fix half of it, you would think h&r block would have taken that responsibility, but instead they ignored my calls and emails. Also, they lie about there prices! They will give you an estimated 'price', which seems great compared to other companies near by, but they only do that to hook you in, then at the end when they give you the prices, theres an added 50 fee for processing, another 50 fee for bank something, then an additional 120 because i had more than 1 w-2!!! i was so mad. Please dont be fooled by there fake reviews that they bought that you read online. and there fake pricing and fake kindness over the phone. they are liers and cheats!!!!

John
February 22nd, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

NEVER again. Had terrible service from George F in Indy. Incompetent; unprofessional; poor verbal & written communication skills; bad computer & ofc equipment skills; no follow through. Unable to craft written response to IRS letter. Eventually, I wrote my own response letters to resolve issue. Not impressed by others in ofc, who offered little help either.

Annette
February 20th, 2019 Honolulu, HI DETAILS

It's been great. Its easy to use and if you are returning customer they have all your information stored from pervious years.

Saman P
February 19th, 2019 Fullerton, CA DETAILS

I filed online with online filing website. I paid extra for the pro review with a tax agent. After talking for a day, I log on to view my filing and all my returns were deleted and it was like nothing was filed at all. I called the customer service number and waited over 2 hours in cue to speak to someone, which never happened. NEVER EVER USE HR BLOCK!! NEVER AGAIN

Brian
February 14th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

Fast and quick got me the best refund...

Leslie
February 14th, 2019 White Plains, NY DETAILS

Excellent customer service worked me to get the best tax return with putting me first

S Suguturaga
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Provides a great product and technical support where needed. The company also provides live support based on your tax needs.

JNH
February 12th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I have used turbo tax for years. The program is easy to use and understand and I especially like that it keeps a history of years past.

Jeff Blackett
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I feel like they are overpriced for the services they offer. I would recommend using them if you are a novice when it comes to taxes but there are better options if you are comfortable on your own. Very nice staff though.

Brennan
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I feel like H&R Block is a good option if you have complicated taxes. The price is well worth it if you are in that situation. I didn't really need the extensive options with them so I slightly overpaid. It is a great company and would recommend if your circumstances fit their mold.

Shannon
February 11th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We have used H & R block for years and love the convenience and service. A little pricey when compared to other tax companies/providers but paying for convenience and trust is worth it.

Erikka N
February 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Have used H&R before. Once our tax return became more complicated through the years we decided to switch to another service. It was a little more difficult to try and do the complicated taxes through it. But for basic taxes it worked ok. I felt the price was expensive once you were doing anything but basic tax returns.

Kay
February 6th, 2019 Conway, SC DETAILS

The people who work there are very nice. I, like so many here, agree they are way too expensive. I paid $530 this year, the most I have ever paid to do my taxes and she gave me a $40 discount so it would have been $570! I was there an hour so who makes that kind of money for an hours worth of work for you, a doctor, a lawyer for an hours worth of time at a computer?! Go somewhere else if you can. I wish now that I had. They take advantage knowing that you have to do this. Nothing against the person filling out the forms, she is nice. I know that she doesn’t make the prices. I bet the profits for H and R Block are in the billions for their CEO and shareholders.

Jeremiah Dawson
February 6th, 2019 Missoula, MT DETAILS

2019 tax season they offer a $3,000 max refund advance. Normally I use turbo tax's free program successfully every year. But my wife and I are moving out of state in a week, long story short. Needed the money needed it now. Went to H&R block for the advance program. We were getting $5,200 fed, $1,200 state. They're advance program IS NOT AUTOMATIC it's based upon approval. Which I wonder what they go off of because married filing jointly no kids, both credit scores 750 or higher making $80,000 a year. And getting near $6,500 total back. On top of that our federal return and state had already been accepted so they know the moneys coming. We didnt even get approved for $500. Not a penny, so spent $358 for literally nothing. I could have done that myself. Even the service was horrible. All around bad experience, waste of money time and gas. AND THEYRE ADVANCE PROGRAM IS A SCAM

Sunny Perry
February 6th, 2019 Springville, UT DETAILS

Very quick to get us in to an appointment. Took one appointment to get our taxes taken care of. Had $back fast.

Madison
February 6th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Been with the same lady for almost 10 years, Never had a problem and she has also answered questions for me throughout the year, not just tax Season.