LAST UPDATED: August 25th, 2020
WYCO Wind and Solar is a locally owned and operated renewable energy company based in Cheyenne, Wyoming. The company has been in business since 2008 and has installed over 250 renewable energy systems. In addition to installation, systems installed by WYCO are serviced by the company. WYCO partners with Enerbank to enable prospective clients to purchase solar systems through a loan. Hiring WYCO may save clients up to 20 to 25 percent in overall cost compared to other competitors.
- Variety of Services Available
- Locally Owned and Operated
Variety of Services Available
WYCO Wind and Solar offers a variety of services beyond solar installation and servicing. The services include:
- Solar — WYCO offers solar system installation and servicing services.
- Wind — WYCO stocks all SkyStream Wind Turbine parts and has extensive experience in repairing wind systems. The company currently supports over 250 SkyStream units in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
- Emergency power generator — As an authorized Generac Generator dealer, WYCO can install generators for basic needs to whole home systems ensuring customers will never be without power in the event of an outage.
- Battery backup — Battery backups enable consumers to store excess solar energy and use it when solar energy is otherwise unavailable due to the time of day or weather. WYCO Solar and Wind is an authorized dealer for Tesla Powerwall, Generac Powercell, and Outback Flex Radian.
Locally Owned and Operated
Hiring a locally owned and operated solar company has advantages. National solar companies may use third parties during the installation process. Locally owned and operated companies are typically with a client from start to finish and may also be readily available for maintenance services. Partnering with a local company may also provide more customization as larger companies may take more standard approaches to consolidate their installation process and improve their bottom line.
- Solar Panels Undisclosed
- Warranty Lengths Undisclosed
Solar Panels Undisclosed
Wyco Wind and Solar does not disclose the types of panels the company installs or the manufacturers it uses. There are three commonly installed solar panels:
- Amorphous — Amorphous panels are more affordable, but have the lowest efficiency and durability ratings out of the three panel options.
- Polycrystalline — Polycrystalline panels are a good option for clients who have plenty of installation space, but need a more affordable option than monocrystalline.
- Monocrystalline — Monocrystalline panels are popular because they have the highest efficiency ratings and take the least amount of space.
Clients will need to ask for further information on the types of panels WYCO provides and research the reputation of the manufacturer.
Warranty Lengths Undisclosed
WYCO Wind and Solar does not disclose any details pertaining to its warranties. Solar systems are an investment and warranties help protect clients from additional, unexpected costs. Reputable solar companies will offer the following:
- Equipment warranty of 10 to 12 years
- Performance warranty of 90% up to 10 years
- Performance warranty of 8% up to 25 years
The Bottom Line
Hiring WYCO may prove to have some advantages such as quality customer service, system customization, and affordability because it is a locally owned and operated company. However, WYCO Wind and Solar does not disclose much information on its website pertaining to its solar panel types and warranties. Clients need to ask WYCO Wind and Solar specific questions about the solar panels, solar panel manufacturers, and length of warranties. We recommend comparing the solar panel types, solar panel manufacturers, and length of warranties to other solar companies before hiring.
View Best Solar Companies
Was this content helpful?