SunSource

LAST UPDATED: August 8th, 2022

SunSource acts as an online marketplace where homeowners and businesses can research and compare competitive offers on solar, storage, EV charging, and other energy products. Potential solar clients who want to avoid aggressive sales tactics or cookie-cutter solutions may appreciate SunSource's services. Acting as a neutral third party, the company will assess clients' needs, identify a customized solution, and field offers from its network of vetted, certified installers.

The Good

• Dedicated Advisor
  • Vetted Solar Contractors
  • Broad Equipment Selection
  • Industry-Leading Warranties

Dedicated Advisor

One of the benefits of working with SunSource is the company's team of dedicated solar advisors. Often, homeowners who work directly with solar companies will be given multiple points of contact throughout the entire process — from salespeople, to energy consultants, to project managers, and beyond. With SunSource, customers have a single point of contact to field all their questions and concerns.

Vetted Solar Contractors

SunSource uses a network of contractors to bid out jobs. These contractors must meet the following requirements:

• 3+ years of experience installing solar PV
  • Fully licensed and insured
  • NABCEP certified
  • Excellent reputation for workmanship and customer service
  • References and testimonials

Broad Equipment Selection

SunSource's platform connects solar customers to a broad range of products and trusted solar brands, including the following:

•  LG
  • SunPower
  • Solaredge
  • Enphase
  • Hanwha
  • Tesla
  • Silfab

These brands are considered tier-one in the solar indsutry, meaning they have an established track record of reliability and efficiency.

Industry-Leading Warranties

SunSource protects its customers' investments with three warranty types:

• Production — Each solar energy system purchased through SunSource comes with a production guarantee of at least 80 percent of optimal production over 25 years, the system's projected lifetime. If the system fails to produce at the agreed-upon level after the first 12 or 24 months, the customer will be reimbursed for the difference.
  • Workmanship — All of SunSource's certified installers offer a labor warranty of at least 25 years, meaning if the solar power system manfunctions or underproduces due to installer error, the installing company will cover the cost of service, repair, or replacement of key components.
  • Manufacturer — The manufacturer or product warranty comes directly from the equipment provider. All panels, inverters, batteries, and monitoring equipment comes with a product warranty good for at least 25 years.

The Bad

Not a Direct Seller/Installer

SunSource is not a direct seller or installer of solar panel systems, but rather an online marketplace connecting homeowners with certified installing companies. And while SunSource goes to great lenghts to vet the companies featured on its platform, the company is still drawing from a limited pool of installers that may or may not be the best for the job in every case.

Homeowners are encouraged to further evaluate SunSource's recommendations against trusted sources and verified customer reviews before accepting a quote.

The Bottom Line

SunSource can help take the guesswork out of selecting a solar provider by providing vetted recommendations based on customers' energy needs and budget. All installers featured on SunSource's platform are required to meet high industry standards, and every solar panel system purchased through SunSource comes with industry-leading warranties.

In addition to SunSource's expert recommendations, customers are encouraged to conduct their own research to ensure they're making the right choice. Reading verified reviews from actual solar customers can be a great place to start.

5.0

Matt Traylen Los Angeles, CA

Dan was instrumental in solving problems we had with SunPower and the subcontracted electricians for the Main panel upgrade. He was also doing his best to lobby for me with SunPower. SunPower, like any other companies rely a lot on digital solutions and 'slick' online portals and digital CX strategy. You still need smart and honest people behind the scenes to power it and make it happen, and Dan was definitely that. The only thing I ask for future customers, is to openly explain the financing option cost vs cash cost, which Dan did for me. I'm not sure if Solar companies are that honest about it, given the steep mark-up costs for 0.99% financing or equivalents. The equivalent of points on a mortgage, needs to be pointed out to prospective customers, else there might be some potential backlash down the line. Again Dan did all of this for me, so he was awesome!

Reply from SunSource

We truly appreciate the in-depth review, Matt. Solar can be tricky and Dan goes out of his way to communicate the intricacies of documentation, construction, finance and job-flow. Dan commented often that you were also very communicative and easy to work with and for that we appreciate you. As the final steps are taken for your system's Permission To Operate, please know that Dan and SunSource will be here for anything you might need now and in the future. Thank you Matt and Family, The Humans at SunSource

Traditional Martial Arts by Dmitry Prosvirov Valencia, CA

Great company. Loved their service. All steps to install solar panels were made polite, informative, fast, safe. 5 stars for this company and all the employe. Thank you guys! Pleasure to have a business with you...

Reply from SunSource

SunSource and I always enjoy hearing what our customers have to say. Thank you Dmitry! I’m glad we could be of service and appreciate the kind words! Love, Julian & The Humans at SunSource

Aug. 8th, 2022

Hratch Boyadjian San Diego, CA

I was looking for solar system I started getting alot of telemarketing phone calls non made sense once Dan called me and explained to me couple things about the upside of it i was convinced by the service that i was given very professional and very accurate I totally recommend to make the switch with Dan Thank you Dan for your help

Reply from SunSource

Hratch, your job was almost seamless and you made the process very easy . Thank you for the review and for working closely and efficiently with Dan to accomplish your goal of Energy Security. Thanks again Hratch, The Humans at SunSource

a21aaron Folsom, CA

Customer Review Video

Reply from SunSource

Thank you for the in-depth review. It's always nice working with customers that know what they want (and don't want) who are not afraid to challenge us to be our best! Cheers, Dan and the Humans at SunSource

Jarrett ODoyle Pilot Hill, CA

SunSource I don’t know a lot about as a hole although I do know about Danial S (Sr. Energy Consultant) is hands down the guy you want behind you In The solar contracting process. Daniel is a smart dude and will behind you thick and thin in the hole process. He saved me in many ways due to a other solar contractor trying to screw me on the leasing contract and horrific installation that they did on my residence because of my lack of research on that solar provider. No ones fault but mine. although, Danial S gave my wife and I, amazing advice and went over and bound for us and that’s a understatement and it would be to long of a story to write. I can’t thank SunSource and Daniel S enough for this; as its hard to trust anyone these days but SunSource is one to trust in your books not to mention Daniel S. I’m actually a Lil sad our process is over because it was such a smooth transition to SunSource because of Daniel. He is honest, straight to the point and gets the job done RIGHT and Fair!

Reply from SunSource

Thank you for your patience in the process and for allowing us to fix what another installer had done wrong. It takes courage to try again after being raked over the coals and you gave us a chance. Enjoy your travels and we'll talk soon! Dan and the Humans at SunSource

Nagendrans San Pablo, CA

Chad B is our consultant when we decided to get solar panels. He explained the whole process clearly and he was very informative. He went over step by step and gave options for us to select the best system. He responded to all our questions and concerns and was with us all the way till we got our solar power working. It was very easy for us to reach him with questions even though we should reach out to SunPower. Our installation was on 03/31/2022 Sun Power inspection with City coordinator was on 04/01/2022. We got PG&E email 04/05/2022 and we reached out to Chad just to make sure we are good to go to operate. It was after 5 pm but Chad responded immediately to confirm that we have permission to operate. We would like to say that he treats his client’s projects as his own. We are glad that we found a great person to work with. We are so comfortable to go to Chad than Sunpower. When we had a delay with HOA approval Chad followed up with Sun Power and provided assistance for us to complete required documents. If our neighbors are interested in Solar Power we will definitely recommend Chad. Thank you for all your work and support.

Reply from SunSource

It was an honor and a privilege assisting you with your solar project! And thank you for your patience. I know it was an uphill battle working with the HOA! It's also pretty cool knowing that you have the first home in your neighborhood that has a solar system! If you ever need anything at all, don't hesitate to call me or anyone here at SunSource. Hope to hear from you soon! Cheers! Chad & the Humans at SunSource.

May. 2nd, 2022

Karen Snyder Lake Elsinore, CA

Actually I purchased my recent 10 additional solar panels and backup battery from another solar company, not SunSource. However, the broker who handled our purchase was Daniel S and is now working for SunSource. Dan was wonderful to work with. He answered my endless questions and directly helped with a few problems that developed during the installation. I recommend Dan because of his honesty, responsibility and his high ethics.

Reply from SunSource

Thank you so much for the review on your experience with Dan Karen! Dan always goes above and beyond with the people he works with, and your review is a glowing testament with that. We are here for you if you need anything. Love, The humans at SunSource.

Jose Martinez

My husband and I were on the fence about solar, mostly because we didn’t know much about the process. Franklin was able to guide us through the process. He helped us choose the correct system size for our home and energy needs. He was very helpful is providing us several financing options and installers. The whole process was very low pressure and very informative. We have seen a huge reduction in our energy costs since we activated our solar last August. I would recommend this company to all of my friends.

Reply from SunSource

Thank you for the glowing review Jose! Franklin loved working with you and your husband. You are both so welcoming! Please let us know if there is anything we can help with. Love, The humans at SunSource

Randy Ashman Sacramento, CA

Franklin takes care of his clients! Bottom line. He genuinely cares about them and helps them through the process of getting solar. He went above and beyond what we expected on numerous occasions during the process and kept us informed, acted as a liaison with SunPower who was doing the install, and continued to follow-up afterwards as well. You will definitely be taken care of with him and SunSource!

Reply from SunSource

Thank you for the wonderful review Randy! It was a pleasure to work with you and Imelda. Love, The humans at SunSource

Fino Bustamante Vallejo, CA

Chad was great. He explained to me everything so good and was with me thru the whole process making sure I understood and received the best service.

Reply from SunSource

Thank you for the review Fino! Chad really enjoyed working with you and we are so glad all went well. We are here if you ever need anything. Love, The Humans at SunSource

Jay Forkas Los Angeles, CA

Everyone who worked on the project was professional, amiable & skilled. We're really pleased with the expeditious completion once our permits were ready.

Reply from SunSource

Thanks for allowing us to help you achieve your goals of going solar and locking your rates. You were a pleasure to work with and we hope you'll stay in touch! Dan and the Humans at SunSource

Joan Likitprakong Santa Rosa, CA

I worked with Dan S He was always very helpful and kept me up to date on the information I needed

Reply from SunSource

Joan, even though the process took longer than we would have liked for reasons out of our control, your persistence and patience allowed us and Dan to accomplish your goal of energy security and independence. Battery placement and installation and adding additional panels to the original system can be tricky but you made the process possible. Thank you Joan, The Humans at SunSource

Ronnie Ramirez San Bernardino, CA

Work was top notch and fast. Better than I expected

Reply from SunSource

Thank you for the review Ronnie! It was a pleasure to work with you and we are here if you ever need anything. Love, The Humans at SunSource

Carrie Strohl Oakland, CA

The most complicated part of going solar is deciding what company to use. Dan S made the choice easy. From explaining the timeline or rules, to adjusting the system specs, to navigating paperwork, SunSource was professional and responsive.

Reply from SunSource

Carrie and Curtis, Dan said that from the very beginning that working with Carrie to go over the various options to the middle and last parts of the job and working with Curtis, that you two were very accessible and happy to help. We pride ourselves with managing the job as much as possible with the installer you select but there are times that the homeowner needs to help and you were always willing to do so. Thank you both! The Humans at Sunsource