Sunlink Energy Logo

Sunlink Energy

LAST UPDATED: August 26th, 2022

Sunlink Energy is a solar system company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. According to the company’s LinkedIn, Sunlink Solar has been installing solar systems since 2019. The company offers full solar system packages: solar panels, battery systems, microinverters, and mobile monitoring systems.

Sunlink Energy is NABCEF-certified in solar design and installation. The company’s team has been responsible for over 120,000 solar installations. Of the few available reviews, clients referenced the team’s impressive solar knowledge, friendly staff, and quality products.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right

The Good

• Impressive Warranties
  • Quality Products
  • Mobile Monitoring App

Impressive Warranties

The top solar industry standard for performance warranties is 25 years. Usually, top equipment warranties land around 10 to 12 years. Workmanship warranties can vary from 10 to 25 years. Sunlink Energy’s website states, “Our panel and microinverters carry a 25-year product, performance, and labor warranty.” The company’s warranties meet and exceed the highest warranty standards for solar products and installations.

Quality Products

Sunlink Energy prides itself on its top-of-the-industry products. The company’s premium panels generate around 400 watts, about 80 watts higher than the industry standard (315 watts); Sunlink’s standard panels are around 340 watts.

The company also offers SolarEdge or Micro IQ7+ inverters, rather than the average string inverter. These microinverters enable clients to generate more electricity from their solar panels, install solar panels with more flexibility, and enjoy the benefits of a longer inverter lifespan and warranty. Compared to average solar companies, Sunlink Energy’s products are more efficient and advanced.

Mobile Monitoring App

Several solar companies have mobile tracking available to clients. Sunlink Energy is one of those companies. Clients can monitor their solar system’s performance 24/7. System tracking enables clients to optimize energy generation and consumption, as well as monitoring possible damages to the solar systems.

The Bad

• New Company
  • No References

New Company

According to Sunlink Energy’s LinkedIn account, the company opened in 2019. While solar is a fairly recent industry, Sunlink Energy has not been open for very long compared to other solar companies. Sunlink Energy has not yet built a strong reputation among clients. Reviews on external sites are few and limited. The company’s service and organization are unclear.

No References

Sunlink Energy’s website does not have any client references or evidence of past projects. Many solar companies provide galleries or past project details so potential clients can get a feel for the company. The lack of references is especially concerning since the company has only been open for a couple of years. Sunlink Energy does not have evidence of a good reputation.

The Bottom Line

Sunlink Energy is a solar company based in Scottsdale, Arizona. The company opened fairly recently in 2019. The company’s main selling point is its product quality. Sunlink Energy exceeds average solar standards in its inverters, warranties, energy generation, and mobile monitoring systems.

While the company’s products and services seem extremely impressive, Sunlink Energy’s reputation remains a little fuzzy. The company provides zero client references and company reviews are difficult to find.

View Best Solar Companies

3.7

Ryan Zalevsky Phoenix, AZ

Having gone through a 3rd party sales company, we didn’t actually have the choice of contractors for the install. We had to trust our sales guy. We did and do trust the sales guy at Cold Fusion Solar, but it is very unfortunate that his company chose sunlink for the installation. Sunlink did not communicate or coordinate very well from the beginning. We were given an installation date but not given a time that the installation would begin. The crew was banging on my door at 6am on a Monday morning (which is fine if it is expected). They crew dropped some debris and various parts in my yard throughout the installation without cleaning up. When they were done, they left without letting us know the job was finished. We weren’t sure if they were coming back another day or what. After all was installed, sunlink made an error in our city paperwork which caused all kinds of confusion and delay with getting everything hooked up. I had to chase this down via my sales guy or I’m confident it would have just been dangling. Next, it took sunlink over a week to initiate getting the monitoring app provider (solar edge) to get us an account creation link. Then, the app indicates that my brand new system is not producing in the middle of the day in sunny Phoenix AZ. Turns out sunlink installed an inverter (solar edge brand) that has been recalled which is causing my system to shut down During the sunniest part of the day. So Sunlink installed a faulty inverter. Then, I Found out from my sales guy that sunlink has just decided to not use solar edge inverters anymore. My system was installed mere weeks ago so I guess I just got the last of their stock of crap?? Now, I’m waiting for sunlink to come out and replace my brand new inverter with another solar edge inverter knowing that sunlink no longer has a business relationship with solar edge. Meanwhile, my system is producing maybe 1/3 of the power it should because the inverter keeps shutting itself off. To top it off, we get emails from sunlink congratulating us on having our solar turned on. And inviting us to write these reviews. Our sales guy at Fold Fusion is running point for us, but seems like sunlink should know and care what’s going on. I have serious concerns with this company moving forward in terms of support of the product they installed. I would not recommend sunlink or Solar edge products or services to anyone. Steer clear!

Nathan Phoenix, AZ

Working with Sunlink Energy to design and install our system was extremely easy and fast. They answered all my questions and John Maxie has been great to work with. He is very knowledgeable and if he didn't know the answer, he would let us know and get the answer. Highly recommend! Nate

Kyle Longmore Gilbert, AZ

10 out of 10. I was very impressed by the companies attention to detail. Through the entire process the sales guy keeps me updated with whole process. I would highly recommend them.