Best Company Guarantee Project Solar Logo

Project Solar

8.3

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

Grant

I had a dedicated Rep that was really helpful to me. I really wanted Enphase equipment so I think that's the best in the business.

Robert D Hayward, CA

Project solar made the whole process of getting solar simple and painless. They walked us through all the steps and took time to answer all of our questions.

Reply from Project Solar

Hi Robert! Thank you so much for sharing this review. We appreciate this positive feedback and we're pleased that your process went smoothly. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns about your system - we hope you enjoy your savings!

Sep. 20th, 2023

Will Seale Indiana, PA

My overall take on Project Solar is they are a good company with some of the best prices. I liked getting quotes on DIY or the full install (add $7742 to the total) so I could see how much I saved doing it myself.

10 months ago Edited January 29, 2024

Reply from Project Solar

Thank you for this feedback, Will. We're constantly working on improving our processes and service as much as we can, and hearing from our customers is invaluable. It is amazing to hear that you are happy with your system and it's price, and we'll be here to assist if any issues do pop up in the future. Thank you for choosing us for your install!

Apr. 26th, 2023

Shawn DeLand, FL

My project took over a year, account reps changed more than a few times, and then in the end it was a lot of stuff that was overlooked that I had to deal with after the fact. Install was troublesome. The installer took Three weeks with almost zero communication. They would leave and I had to find out when they were coming back after all that it took them two months to come replace the faulty main breaker, which was dangerous because the equipment could not be shutdown if the utility company needed to. I would be liable if anyone was hurt on working on the line So it was kind of bumpy all the way from purchase to install. The equipment is from a well tested industry, standard stuff, no complaints of hardware whatsoever. Wish it had gone a little smoother 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 year ago Edited January 10, 2024

Mike

It was going good but when it got to the installation it got to be really screwed up. The installation process was very long and unorganized. It took 3 months from the time they all agreed to the time of installation and currently I still have one that's bad and I can't seem to get it replaced. But they did call me and answer my question when I had one.

Joe

Project Solar has good equipment. I would recommend Project Solar to a friend. The cost is good. There was a slight lack of communication in the delivery process, but I was very pleased with the workers' persistence and staying on the job.

Haogang

Customer Review Video

Luis

they're using the best equipment from the market right now at a better price than every other company that quoted us. Basically, I ordered all the materials from Project Solar. They got delivered to my home and I installed it myself. A couple weeks later the electric company came by and hooked it up.

Josh

Overall I had a good experience with Project Solar, but sometimes it took them a while to get back to me. Some mistakes were made during the installation process but they were very upfront and took responsibility for it. They replaced the thing that they had damaged and made it right.

Wade

I was able to pick whatever I wanted. The install was done in about a day and a half and it looks great. Most every time I called I got somebody on the phone, only a few times I had to wait for somebody to call me for day or so.

Joe Madden Mobile, AL

Excellent product with great support that is very easy for a do-it-yourself person.

Andrew Enoch Arlington, TX

Project Solar offers full install and self-install options. I chose the DIY option for my house in DFW (Texas). I oversized my system to account for my shade from my trees (they're old and very tall), degradation of the panels, and increased usage (if you can get free/cheap power then why not run the AC a degree or two colder?). I currently have bill credits. The process was really simple. Installing it wasn't hard, just time consuming, but I'm also handy, especially with electrical. They promptly answered the couple of questions I had. I had two hangups... The first was that my city didn't want to give me a permit. I had to convince my city that I was capable and knew what I was doing. The second was on Project Solar... I needed a placard and some stickers to pass inspection. It happened that they were switching suppliers, which caused about a month delay getting it inspected (but I already had permission to operate and turned the system on). Overall, I saved around 20k compared to the average quote from everyone else and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Reply from Project Solar

Wow, thank you so much for the awesome review, Andrew! It's amazing to hear that you had such a positive experience with us, and that our DIY option worked out so well for you. We're sorry to hear about the hangups you experienced with permitting and placards, but we're glad that everything got squared away in the end. Thank you again for choosing Project Solar, and for sharing your feedback!

Apr. 26th, 2023

Ro-Tien Liang Parker, CO

Affordable prices and responsible services. Does take a few tries to get service attention but always comes through. Can’t beat the value.

Dorian “The Unknown Realtor” Moffat Dallas, TX

Did what they said they would. Price was 1/2 what the local solar slingers were offering. Couldn't be more satisfied.

William

They are very responsive, answered all my questions. I've had no problems with it whatsoever since it's been installed.

Marco V Mariti Crete, NE

Great pricing, engineering was simple, and warranty on battery was honored 100%. I will use Project Solar again.

Reply from Project Solar

Thank you so much for this review, Marco! We are so glad to hear that your experience met our standards. We appreciate you!

Sep. 20th, 2023

Torben Walters Alamosa, CO

Everything went smooth. We live in a rural area so it took a little longer for the install to happen.

Reply from Project Solar

Hello Torben! Thank you for sharing this review. We're glad that we were able to provide the quality product we strive for, even if it took a bit longer than expected. Enjoy your system!

Sep. 14th, 2023

Jamie Jones

Update: Project Solar has reached out and worked with us to resolve our issues and compensate us for lost solar generation. Our project took almost a year to complete. Our financing (through their company) expired twice because of delays on their part costing us tens of thousands extra. Communication with the company is almost non existent. We recieved and signed an initial agreement that the company is now refusing to uphold, and they are now billing us a much higher price including late fees (even though this is the first invoice sent) and extra labor for their screw ups, delays, and inability to get quoted parts. The extremely limited customer service has been rude, dismissive, unhelpful and threatening throughout the entire process. Save your time, money and sanity and go with a reputable company, which Project Solar is not.

8 months ago Edited July 17, 2023

Reply from Project Solar

Hello Jamie, thank you for reaching out. We apologize that your experience has not met expectations, and we'd like to provide some clarification on this issue. You signed your original contract on July 18th, 2022. After completing engineering for your project, we discovered that a derate would be needed for your project, and we provided an addendum to your contract for an added cost of $650. The calculations for this document unfortunately populated the equipment cost (not including installation) as the "New Project Total Cost". This is clearly an error, as the equipment and installation costs are listed directly above, and do not add up to the listed total cost. Additionally, we clearly communicated to you that a derate would add $650 to your project, not reduce the cost. Our Director of Customer Experience and other management are reviewing this information, and we will reach out to you directly to work with you to further discuss this issue and negotiate a solution. In the meantime, please reach out to [email protected] with any further questions or concerns.

Jul. 3rd, 2023

Dave Chesapeake, VA

If you want to save money by installing the system yourself but want it properly engineered and permitted, with quality components like microinverters, then Project Solar is your path.

Will Seale Indiana, PA

Project Solar provided good equipment and support and the lowest price. I am really happy with the Solar Array that we now own and I installed it myself with their support. I recommend them as a good company to work with.

Corbin

I have had no problems with customer support, they were really responsive and they always followed up with any concerns that I had. The product is very high quality. I think the only thing that was a little bit disappointing is the installation crew left a little bit of a mess. They didn't clean up everything.

Trevor

I don't have any issues with Project Solar. I contacted support for a question at one point and they responded quickly. The product was quick to install and the installers were nice and courteous. Everything went well.

Claridge

There was a slight lack of communication but other than that it was a very good experience. They were very clear with what they needed when they communicated. The material is top notch and the process of installing the panels went very smoothly.

Anthony

The installation process went great. Their service always came in a reasonable amount of time. The only problem I had with them was that sometimes it was hard to communicate with them.

Allen Ruppert Port Saint Lucie, FL

Project Solar helped me to DIY install my own solar array. They are a team working together to make this happen across the US and they were very helpful every step of the way. They helped do the parts I really didn't want to do like organizing the permitting with the local utility and county and also organizing the delivery of all the needed materials to my house at their Bulk savings prices. They offered many additional services along the way like professional installation and the ability to install on ground mounts instead of roof racks and most importantly always held an open line of communication for any questions I had.

Noel D Canyon Country, CA

TLDR: Just do it. You're not going to find a cheaper option than Project Solar (literally 50% of other installers), and they handle everything. My wife and I were interested in solar, but after having two installers quote us $28k and $34k for similar-sized systems, we just had a hard time justifying the investment. A few weeks later, I saw an article in LA Weekly about Project Solar. I went to their site to submit a request for an estimate, and it came back just shy of $15k. I was shocked! How could they be 50% of the cost of other installers? I searched online for as much info as I could find on the company, trying to prove to myself their legitimacy. I went as far as to look up their employees and founder on LinkedIn to ensure that this was a reputable installer. Having convinced myself, I submitted the $100 deposit, and Project Solar got right to work. They set me up with an account manager within one or two days, and they started the entire process of architectural designs and permitting. I also had to get HOA approval on my end. But about two months later, Project Solar confirmed my install with a local installer. They came out on a Saturday and got everything up and running in about 6 hrs. The system even looks sleek! From there, it took about a week for the City to inspect and sign off on the system, then an additional two weeks for our utility company, SoCal Energy, to grant in the final approval to operate. Start to finish. Everything took about three months from my initial deposit, just in time for the summer heat (and higher electric rates). So far ever saved about $200 on our electric bill, and have produced more energy than we've used, so we expect a credit back at the end of the year (amount TBD). I exchanged 80+ emails, numerous calls, and several text messages with the Project Solar team throughout the process. They answered every single one of my questions and held my hand throughout the entire process. A few emails went unanswered a day or two longer than I would have liked, but, honestly, I couldn't be much happier with the team. If you're on the fence about using Project Solar, do it! You're not going to find a cheaper option, and they'll handle everything for you.

Dennis Higgins Citrus Heights, CA

Great product, great installation! Almost every month we pay the minimum charge.

Cameron

They use good quality equipment and they use micro inverters rather than the string inverters.

Jackie Smith Newport Beach, CA

Saved so much money by going with Project Solar. The company was excellent to deal with too. The whole process was quick and easy. Highly recommend.

3 months ago Edited January 26, 2024

Reply from Project Solar

Wow, thank you Jackie! It's always a treat to hear feedback from our customers, especially when it's positive. We really appreciate this review, and we're glad to hear you're enjoying your savings!

Nov. 3rd, 2023

Eric Johnson North Salt Lake, UT

Price was good but installation started out shakey but improved. The installer was a sub of a sub of a sub who apparently wasn't dedicated to the project. Ultimately it turned out good though.

Joseph

I like the equipment that Project Solar uses, I have been happy with it. I don't remember having issues with the installation process, I have used Project Solar for almost a year now and everything has been fine.

Robert

I had lot of questions and then we saw they no longer called anybody I had to do everything, so I was little bit disappointed with the changed of policy to that. Installation went fine.

Terry Clayton

Programming the solar to my phone. It alw

Omead Poure San Luis Obispo, CA

Great customer service. Easy process and affordable.

Rocky Duenes Cypress, CA

They have the best customer service possible!

Peter Harris Chapel Hill, NC

I love Project Solar! I've always wanted solar but it never made sense financially and DYI was too daughting. Project Solar gave me all of the savings of DYI solar with a white glove purchase and installation process. I've encouraged all of my friends to get solar with Project Solar.

Reply from Project Solar

Thank you so much for your review, Peter! We're exceedingly glad that you enjoyed your Full Service Install, and thank you so much for referring us. Enjoy your savings!

May. 22nd, 2023

Darren Kwok Phoenix, AZ

Liked: Unbeatable pricing. Disliked: Have to do some of the leg work yourself or your project will stall. Had to act as liaison between project solar and city planning dept when trying to get plans approved. Had to print out my plans, and pay and pull my own building permits (Project Solar refunded any out of pocket costs). For the price, the inconvenience of having to do some of the administrative work yourself was worth it.

Reply from Project Solar

Hey Darren! Thank you for your honest review of our company. We appreciate this feedback, and we'll pass it on to our post-contract teams to improve our processes and service for future customers. We're excited about some new laws in states like California that require a streamlined electronic permitting process for jurisdictions--this should, in turn, help us streamline our permitting process as well. Thank you again for sharing!

May. 22nd, 2023

Steven Phoenix, AZ

Great company to work with the price was right and installation was a breeze. Only issue was an error on the final inspection card that was sent to the electric company which delayed PTO by about a month or so. I was given a discount on my final payment as a result of this error. Over all I would recommend this company to anyone looking for solar. I had three estimates and Project Solar beat all three estimates hands down!!!

Robert Holbert St. Petersburg, FL

I used Project Solar for a 16 kW solar installation on my home in Florida. Their equipment was great, installer did a great job, and the outcome was exactly what I wanted at a very competitive price. There were some unnecessary delays along the way but we got past them and overall I’d definitely recommend them to others for overall value and service.

L YP Rosemead, CA

The price is super affordable! 1/3 less than other major players. I had a bad experience at the beginning with a project manager who rarely responded. After they changed it to Jentry, everything became different! Mark, the guy who helped me set up the Enphase, was also knowledgeable and responsive. Overall, much better than my experience with other solar companies.

Ben Budiman San Jose, CA

There is no aggressive high pressure sales with Project Solar. This is my second system, my first one was installed several years back with Sunrun. But, because of COVID, my college age children were back at home, and I worked from home as well. So, our electricity bill jumped up. Since we also may buy an electric car in the future, we decided to add more solar panels. We approached Sunrun, but they can not just expand the existing system since the technology had changed, so it will be a new installation. So, since it is a new installation, we started to shop around. Solar Project by far has the best price. We choose the full installation option, but we still need to do some work like taking a picture of the attic, measuring, etc which is not very easy in my case. The installation took only half a day. However the wait for the system to go online was almost 3 months, and in between we got two/three different project managers. One of them were not communicating well, so I was left in the dark. However, the last project manager, Jentry, is great, and the person that helped me installing the app was really great. So, they made up for the bad experience I had with one of the Project Manager. Overall, the experience were good, kudos to Jazmyn Y who continue to reach out even when she was no longer my account manager. Rudy R from the installation company, Jentry M, and Mark (not sure what the last name is). Thank you.

S Spring Branch, TX

Let me begin by saying that IN SPITE OF all the issues getting through their process, we would do it again based upon the final product and cost. We were able to self- install an 11.5kw system for about $17,000 plus a few hundred dollars more for miscellaneous supplies. We found the process to be cumbersome and it took us over 4 months start to finish. The actual installation took only three days of that time frame (could have been quicker if we were able to get everything in place before summer arrived, because it was just too hot to work on a metal roof in the afternoons). The planning process was frustrating because it was done only through email. It would have been SO MUCH EASIER AND FASTER to have been able to have a brief phone call or two to clear up misconceptions. To be fair, some of the misunderstandings were on our end but still would have taken just a very few minutes to clear up by phone instead of waiting for a daily email to reply to. Once we were through design, we were turned over to Grant to help us through the process. Still more frustrations, such as having to resubmit information we had provided earlier in the process. Once it was time to schedule installation, the installation company backed out of the contract. Although Grant was working to schedule another installer, we opted to go self- install at that point. Good decision, as it was relatively easy to figure out and saved us close to $6000. Components that were specified for our system were out of stock. Grant was able to find a good substitution and had it delivered within just a few days from Ft. Worth, which saved us waiting for our more local San Antonio supplier to restock. Grant was the saving grace to this whole process. He always answered our phone calls and responded to emails quickly. Had it not been for him, we probably would have thrown in the towel and demanded a refund at some point. Once our system was up and running, we received a call from Mark. He helped us get the enlighten software up and running with just a couple of phone calls. Overall, a frustrating experience but worth the effort.

Reply from Project Solar

We are so grateful for your patience as we opened this new area of Texas! We're certainly sorry for the craziness, but we are so glad everything worked out and you went solar for the lowest price in the nation. We are working to improve our processes daily, and your feedback has been helpful in driving our time to install down in the Central Texas Area. We appreciate your feedback and business and hope you enjoy your energy savings!

Aug. 6th, 2021

Attila Epergyes San Diego, CA

I like the simplicity of the process, and resposivness from Project solar

Sergey Kataev Mountain View, CA

Wish the install/PTO happened quicker, otherwise everything's great!

Reply from Project Solar

Hello Sergey! We are so glad that you're enjoying your system and savings. We're always looking for ways to improve our services as much as possible, and customer feedback is vital to help us do this. Thank you so much for your review!

Sep. 14th, 2023

Steven Gain Orange, CA

After comparing with dozens of solar companies, Project Solar provided the most value. I signed a contract in Nov 2022 and am still waiting for the permission to operate. They basically threw the job over Solarepwr.com and I never heard from them again after the contract. I contacted them and said I think solarepwr is out of business and please send another installer. No response from Project Solar. The installation was finally done in mid-April and the panels have been sitting on my roof sending power to who knows where. Project Solar never attempted to remedy the situation nor find another installer. They are just leads generator for random installers.

Justin

Very smooth. I had a switch of point of contact a few times at the beginning of the process. Easy to use and affordable.

Ihab

The people I dealt with were always courteous and pleasant. Working with Project Solar has been a very positive experience for me.

Amy

Customer Review Video

Michael

Customer support was always immediately available. Their product is up to industry standard. Everything with Project Solar was super easy and smooth.

Avi

The workers rushed through the installation process which I wasn't happy about. The costumer service is pretty laid back and extremely casual, so there was a lack of customer focus.