Lumio

LAST UPDATED: December 7th, 2022

Founded in the summer of 2021, Lumio represents the combined efforts of five regional solar companies to provide homeowners with fast solar installation services and widespread availability.

The Utah-based company is currently available in 7 states and employs a workforce of more than 3,500 employees. As a result, Lumio has quickly risen to become a top-five solar provider in the country in terms of installation volume and boasts an impressive 12-month run rate of $1 billion, per Forbes.

Lumio’s unique value proposition to the residential solar market is its ability to seamlessly integrate solar energy with existing smart home and energy management technology.

The Good

• Smart Home Integration
  • Solid Warranties
  • Fast Installation Times
  • Broad Service Area
  • $0 Down Financing

Smart Home Integration

Lumio is not just a solar panel installer; it is a technology company. As such, Lumio is one of the few solar providers that can successfully integrate a solar energy system with existing smart home and home automation protocols.

So not only can a Lumio customer’s home generate its own electricity, decentralized from the utility grid, but that home can also use machine learning to determine the most efficient uses of that energy.

Built-in rules will also notify the homeowner and Lumio of impending threats to the system like power outages, rolling blackouts, and more, and provide real-time solutions to help homeowners keep the lights on.

Solid Warranties

Lumio offers customers some of the most robust and competitive warranties in the industry. In addition to the 25-year product warranty—a guarantee from the manufacturer that the physical components of the solar panel system will perform as expected for a minimum of 25 years—Lumio provides its own 10-year workmanship warranty, which protects homeowners from being liable for damages caused to the system or home for the first 10 years of operation.

This means that even after generating power for 25 years, they’ll still produce at least 80% of their original production levels.

Fast Installation Times

Lumio boasts one of the fastest installation times in the industry. While many solar contractors can take anywhere from 30 to 90 days from the day building permits are secured to final walkthrough and activation, Lumio’s average install time is less than 30 days—with some system builds clocking in at 10 or fewer days, start to finish.

Broad Service Area

Lumio’s services are available to homeowners in the following U.S. states:

• Arkansas
  • California
  • Florida
  • Idaho
  • New Mexico
  • South Carolina
  • Texas

$0 Down Financing

Eligible customers—presumably determined via credit score—can install Lumio Solar with no money down and no payments are due until after your system is installed. Lumio’s financing options are not disclosed in detail, though homeowners can assume the company provider paths for direct purchase or third-party loan financing.

Leasing is also an option for consumers who want to go solar without making a monthly loan payment. Just keep in mind that with leasing, you don't own your system—a third party does.

The Bad

• Specific Solar Brands Not Listed
  • Unclear NABCEP Status

Specific Solar Brands Not Listed

Lumio does not mention specific solar brands or manufacturing partners, nor does the company showcase any partnership certifications. Often, solar providers will maintain brand-specific certifications as a way to differentiate themselves from the competition and show off their expertise to homeowners.

While customers can assume that most solar providers, including Lumio, have access to a broad inventory of solar panel and inverter brands, leading providers will mention a handful of preferred manufacturing partners by name to provide customers with a fair expectation of the quality of system they’ll be receiving.

Unclear NABCEP Status

Although the five regional providers that have coalesced into Lumio may have employed technicians who have been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), whether Lumio itself has achieved board-certified status from the NABCEP is unclear.

The NABCEP is an industry-recognized organization that promotes the best solar installation and business practices. The lack of certification should in no way disqualify a company from consideration; however, its presence can make the difference for homeowners comparing multiple providers.

The Bottom Line

Lumio combines regional expertise with the scope and resources of a national solar provider.

Its pioneering work in the solar–smart home integration field mark the company as truly unique in this space, and its fast installation times paired with industry-leading warranties in part explain why the company has been so successful in such a short amount of time.

Pending some clarifications on its industry and manufacturing certifications, Lumio appears to be a transparent and reliable solar provider.

We encourage prospective solar customers to reach out to Lumio for further information and to read verified Lumio reviews to see how customers have enjoyed their experience with Lumio.

View Best Solar Companies

3.5

Rebekah King Odessa, TX

We're still not able to get on the solar buyback program due to installation not matching blueprints. We only figured this out after having to wait months for a city inspection. Installation has been updated and now waiting again for city and Lumio to set up inspections times. We will be calling soon to discuss reimbursement of our first payment because of this.

Reply from Lumio

Rebekah, we regret that you have experienced any miscommunication during this process. Our customer care team has reached out and are working with scheduling to get inspections done. Please continue working with them to get your system fully operational. Thank you for your patience.

Marc DeLateur Spokane, WA

I have been happy with all the installation work that has been done. However, there have been large gaps between each phase of the project. Now, I'm due to pay a month worth of the cost of the panels and they still aren't generating electricity. I'm hoping that there will be an adjustment made for this, as I was told the panels would generate electricity before my first payment.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Marc, we are sad to see you've had some delays during this process. Our customer care team has reached out to inform you of the steps we are taking to reach a resolution. Please continue working with them to get your system fully operational and you satisfied with the experience.

David Chino, CA

from the presentation to the installation every team has been professional, timely, and always cleaned up after themeselves. I am still waiting on the final inspection due to city plans do not meet the array setup of the solar panels.. My system is on but I believe I still need a final instpection from the city and fire department as well as Edison.

Reply from Lumio

David, we thank you for your feedback. We’re excited for your final inspection, so you can begin saving on your energy bill.

Henry E Crump Jr Coupland, TX

Overall, the experience with obtaining solar services from Lumio was great. My salesman, did not pressure us to buy solar as I have read other company salesman have done. Our sales rep, stayed in communication until my system was installed and answered all my questions. And beleive me, I asked a lot of questions throughout the process. The installation process was overall successful. It did take a little longer than initially projected, but was done professionally and in accordance with my wishes. Lumio could have provided a little more assistance at the initial start, I did have to actually turn on the Enphase reporting system myself, so that process could have been a little smoother. I think a few YouTube video's would help the process and minimize questions.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Henry, thank you for your sharing. We’re glad we could help with your solar needs and will be sure to pass your feedback on to our team.

Albert Amaya Grand Prairie, TX

I think communication is an opportunity area for this company. To keep customers updated on what the next steps are and to make sure they return calls when they say they will which is an area I've had some challenges with

Reply from Lumio

Hi Albert, thank you for the feedback. Reviews like yours are important in helping us improve our processes and the future experiences of Lumio customers.

Nov. 15th, 2022

Dennis King Round Rock, TX

Everything was explained well in the beginning, but there has not been much follow through since the panels were installed. It's as if everything was rushed to get them on your roof, but I've had to send several messages to different people involved with my account to figure out what's going on. After a month, I'm still a little confused on next steps with regard to solar buy back program, how billing will work, etc.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Dennis, we regret there was some confusion during this process. We understand one of our customer care representatives reached out and was able to answer your questions. Please know we are here to help with anything you need regarding your system. Thank you for your patience.

Jonathan Hinderman Tyler, TX

I've had my solar system installed for a few weeks now. It's still not operation for a electrical breaker. I've had MULTIPLE electricians attempt to come install the breaker but they haven't communicated the part isn't available locally. I'm going on 3-4 weeks of having a system on my roof that's not operational due to communication issues of installing the correct part. My salesman has been away the entire time and has been helpful trying to get this resolved. The installers need to get on the same page as the salesman.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Jonathan, thank you for this feedback. Lumio values customers' experience since it helps us to better our operations. Our customer care team reached out to help resolve your concerns, and it looks like all is well. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Sarah Updike Lynden, WA

The original date to install was canceled and rebooked because of scheduling problems. It took them a long time inspect. And it still isn't up and running because PSE is back logged. When I tried to call them for help it was like the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. I still don't know if we passed the inspection because there hasn't been any contact from Lumio.

Tandria Rutherford Vacaville, CA

The representative, Juan R., was every informative about the panels. He checks in to see how things are going with the installation. The crew who came out to install my panels were pleasant and did a great job.They were respectful to my property. They cleaned up when they were finished.

Reply from Lumio

Happy to hear it Tandria!

Gail A Masters Mount Vernon, WA

I thought the sales people and the anchor man were competent and courteous. The paper work side of things was okay but not as professional as I would have liked.The overall coordination of roof/solar on my house took all summer due to increased orders.But once the roof went on, the solar was done succinctly and Puget Sound finally came and turned it on.Very happy with results.

Reply from Lumio

Gail, thank you for sharing. We appreciate your feedback and are continuously working to improve and provide the best customer experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Sep. 16th, 2022

Dana Hamry Camano Island, WA

We are happy with most aspects of working with Lumio so far.There were a couple communication glitches but installation was good. We're now at the stage of waiting for an appointment with an inspector before the panels can be activated and it's already been 3 weeks.I realize that's not Lumio's fault since the holdup is with L and I, but it's still frustrating.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Dana, thank you for providing us with this feedback. Lumio strives to continuously improve our processes and value feedback like yours! In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you at [email protected]

DAVID HEIDT Indio, CA

They were in a hurry to sell me the solar panels. We are almost 3 months after installation, and the installation they did cant get approved by city inspectors. I been dealing with their customer team and i just been getting the run around time after time. Very disappointed in Lumio service

Martha A Murphy Grants Pass, OR

They were prompt, worked quickly, and did what they said they would do. A supervisor came out to check that the work had been done properly.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Martha, we are glad to hear this. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Michele Jones Colville, WA

It has taken phone calls and text messages to get project completed. Shawn O was very informative. But the 500.00 military discount he texted me was approved by John I never received, so I called John and I still haven't received it.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Michele, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We see that Shawn is working with our customer care team to get this resolved for you. Thank you for your patience.

David Barber Baytown, TX

Lumio is not the problem. They are good until they leave after installation. Then all communication goes dead. You go into this state of limbo because your system is not tied into the power grid. My customer service guy disappeared after lumio install. Don't know when my system is going to go online.It is just sitting there. I talked with a lumio customer in League City. He had his systm installed in July and it still isn't connected to the grid. Can't recommend to a friend because i am in limbo.

Reply from Lumio

David, we regret that you have experienced a lack of communication during this process. Lumio is committed to ongoing process improvement and values feedback like yours to help! Our customer care team has reached out to you and explained some miscommunication that occurred. Please know we are here to help resolve your concerns. We appreciate your patience.

Jodi Woodbury Olympia, WA

They have not been very communicative and it's taking much longer than they estimated to get our solar panels up and running. Things have only progressed when I've called them to get updates. If I don't call, then nothing happens.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Jodi, thank you for reaching out to us. We want you to know that your feedback about your experience helps us to improve our processes. Upon further investigation, it looks like your system was completed in October. Our customer care team has reached out to see if there are any other concerns you may have. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Thank you for your patience.

Aron A Aguilera Ozona, TX

Fast installation and friendly staff. The service providers answered all the questions I had about meter installation and how to get the enlighten app to monitor my solar panels performance.

Reply from Lumio

Aron, we're glad we could we help!

Dennis Nooksack, WA

Lumio was very fast at setting us up with solar. We waited only 2 days to meet with Brice(our sales rep) and within 3 weeks our panels were installed. We've heard people say they're waiting 6 months to be installed

Reply from Lumio

Dennis, thanks for feedback! We appreciate your review.

Charlie Freese Spokane, WA

After the contract was finalized the installation went great. Before signing the contract, our sales person stated we would receive a $500.00 dollar VISA card to help offset the first years payments. Our system is completed and up and running. We have not received this VISA card even after several emails to the sales person.

Steven Gimpel Colbert, WA

The install was smooth, and the installers were very helpful and informative. I reduced one star because they had to reschedule the install twice, which wasn't a big deal, however they didn't communicate this until I called both days when the crew didn't show up.

Reply from Lumio

Steven, thank you for your feedback! We'll pass this along to our customer care team

Leslie V Johnson Olympia, WA

They were really fast. They showed up when they said they were coming, got the panels installed quickly, and cleaned up well before they left. It's inspected and passed. Just waiting for the power company to come out and hook me in.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Leslie, we’re happy to hear this. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Graeme black Ojai, CA

From building my solar installation to the actual install everything was above and beyond what I expected. Installation was perfect team paid attention to the smallest details and made sure everything was perfect and painted the conduit.

Reply from Lumio

Thank you for sharing, Graeme. Glad we could help with your solar needs!

Mary Beth Strader Abilene, TX

I hesitate putting the 3 stars (I want to put more) but the training of the young men who came to our house could have been better. They were AWESOME with explaining everything, BUT when it came to the day of installation, then when it came to the inspection, and whether or not people needed in the house, they either did not give correct info or they just didn't know how to communicate. For instance: Day of installation, I was told the installers would be there between 8am and 9am. I only took an hour off from work, had to leave and no one came during that time. At 11:00am, I received a text (I had left a note on my front door) from the installers apologizing but that they came from out of town, etc. I should have been given a bigger frame of window for the install. Another two times was did the installer s need in the house and did the inspector need in the house? I was told "no", BUT both the installers and the inspector needed to get into my attic, so the answer should have been "yes".

Reply from Lumio

Hi Mary, thank you for sharing your frustration. Lumio is committed to constant improvement, we will take your feedback and use it to improve our processes moving forward! We sincerely appreciate your patience and thank you for this review.

Unhappy customer Camano, WA

We had Lumio replace our roof and add solar panels. They only replaced about 90 percent of the roof and aren’t going to complete the job. The salesperson deceived us about our roof on his sales pitch and now we are stuck with an incomplete roof We have tried to get bids to finish it but know one wants to touch it because it will void the warranty. We are stuck and they won’t respond to our emails.

James R Terrell Gustine, TX

Lumio was great they did what they said they would and any problems that came up the fixed it with no problems

Reply from Lumio

Hi James, we are glad to hear this. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Jill Weaver Spokane, WA

the sales person was so efficient in explaining everything we needed to know and breaking it all the way down, completely transparent

Reply from Lumio

Hi Jill, we are glad to hear this. We're so happy we could help with your solar needs! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Nov. 7th, 2022

Watts Valerie Rosharon, TX

lack of customer service. my panels have been installed an all sales, account reps do not stay in contact with the customer. I have had to contact account rep on more than one media to get responds. But still don't have any answers.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Valerie, we appreciate your honest feedback, and are sorry we let you down. Your review has been forwarded to the correct departments so we can work on training and improve our processes. A member of our customer care team has been working with you to resolve your concerns. Please stay in contact until you are taken care of. Thank you for your patience.

Joshua Barrera Garland, TX

They've been good overall in terms of communicating with me. A heads up from the beginning would've been nice in the sense of how long it was going to take.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Joshua, thanks for the feedback. Reviews like yours are important in helping us improve our processes and the future experiences of Lumio customers.

Oct. 29th, 2022

Steven Brunk Palmer, TX

Agitated. My system was installed and even after inspections it was discovered when after I received permission to operate, it wasn't fully installed because it was never wired to breaker box so it's been two weeks and still is not.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Steven, we regret you have been frustrated during this process. Luckily, our customer care team reached out to help resolve your concerns. We appreciate your patience as they work to get your system fully operational. Please continue to work with them until then.

Tom Ritchey Sweetwater, TX

they originally were wonderful. All of their workers were polite and respectful. Somehow, however, the system has never been activated, and has never worked. I have reached out to Lumio as many times and to as many people as possible and still have no response, other than we will contact you which for the last 5 weeks has yet to happen. If they would just get us going I would change my rating to a 5 because we really want solar and want it to work .

Reply from Lumio

Hi Tom, we regret that you have experienced a lack of communication during this process. Our customer care team has reached out and provided an update for your account. We see your system is up and running, yay! We apologize this took longer than we’d like it to. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can help with. Thank you!

Rich Wilkinson Kennewick, WA

They polite and professional. Install was quick and looks nice. I may have given a 5 but The system is not turned on yet would like to get the benefit of these panels right away.

Reply from Lumio

Ricki, Lumio thank you for your review! Our team will provide an update for you as soon as we're able to flip the switch.

Steven Lynn Lane

Now that we do not get the 26% end-of-the-year refund and have to pay the higher premium, we will be paying more than before going solar. Your survey came too early, as I have not gotten a first bill yet. ng higher payments than before we went to solar.At this point, it looks very discouraging.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Steven, our customer care team wants to connect with you to address your concerns. They’ve been trying to reach you but unfortunately have not been able to get a hold of you. They left a voicemail with their call back number, please reach out back to them and someone will be able to assist you.

Shannon Arakelin Buena Park, CA

Things started off great, but slowly went down hill. Communication in where we are in the process went from great to poor. Can't get anyone to return calls and when we do talk to someone they state they will look into it and no one ever follows up.

Reply from Lumio

Hello Shannon, we understand your frustration. Your solar account manager has been in contact with you regarding the recent update on your account—Inspection for your system has passed and we are currently waiting on NEM approval to get your system to PTO. Please continue working with our customer care team to get your system fully operational.

Sep. 23rd, 2022

Richard Ludwig Pflugerville, TX

Well you switched my energy provider and asked you not to which resulted in a &600 early cancellation fee by Pulse Power of which I was told Lumio would cover but they only will cover up to $300 .. salesman lied. I have made 3 appointments to have you install the device in my exterior box that will allow me to use your app to monitor my system. You cancelled two of them stating emergencies elsewhere and the 3rd one you just didn't show up. I called in to discuss this and your customer service after I got them to answer put me on hold and came back and said they would have to call me back. I'm not holding my breathe. I had a two other families looking into solar and I told them to steer clear of you. regards ONE UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

Reply from Lumio

Hi Richard, our customer care team wants to connect with you and address your concerns. They’ve tried calling but have not been able to get a hold of you. They left a voicemail with their call back number, please reach out back to them and someone will be able to assist you.

Sep. 16th, 2022

Gibson Helendale, CA

Whole process was quick and easy. They know what they're doing and have high quality products.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Gibson, we are glad to hear this. We're so happy we could help with your solar needs! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Hugh Armstrong Mission Viejo, CA

Installed Solar System. Works great. Had some trouble with a delayed City permit approval. That was resolved.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Hugh, thanks for the feedback. Reviews like yours are important in helping us improve our processes and the future experiences of Lumio customers.

Jeff Pendill Nevada, TX

professionalism and quality of work. They have taken care of our property and kept us involved through installation process.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Jeff, we are glad to hear this. We're so happy we could help with your solar needs! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Nov. 3rd, 2022

Jessica Gonzalez Hesperia, CA

Communication is not so great. It is very hard to find things out fron the company. Workers just show up to the house with out prior knowledge of them coming.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Jessica, we appreciate your honest feedback, and are sorry we let you down. Your concerns have been communicated to our leadership team! Clearly, we could have done better, and we are sorry that you have experienced a lack of communication during this process. Our customer care team has reached out because we would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience, and see if we can still make things right. Please reach back out at your connivence. Thank you.

Raymond Beaverton, OR

Trust has been broken by nearly everyone I have talked to at Smart Energy Today/Lumio. It has been over EIGHT months now since my first signing with your sales representative, Josh M. Summer has come and gone, and we STILL have no working solar panels with zero communication from anyone in your organization on when this will be completed. The absolute TERRIBLE experience we've had was as follows: 4/14: Spoke with Josh M. We were told if we signed that night, we would be given 3 months worth of payments. Signed that night. 4/15: Welcome email received from Smart Energy Today with timeline saying target 6-8 weeks from finance approval with picture showing maximum timeline of 12 weeks, which would have been 7/15. 5/10: Got an email requesting for documentation with my name on the property. House is under my husband's name, so we needed to add his name to the loan. 5/24: Signed new documents with my husband's name on it. New maximum timeline should have been 8/24. 6/22: Solar panel was installed roughly around this time. After the install, I got a physical copy of a timeline showing a timeline maximum of 84 days plus one step that had a variable date range. New maximum timeline should have been roughly 9/22 without knowing what the variable timeline is. This was the final update to the timeline I got, so as far as we are concerned, this should have been the target date. 6/23: Inspection was supposed to happen in the morning. Waited until 1 in the afternoon with no one showing up and no word on when the inspector would be coming, we needed to reschedule due to work. I was told someone would call me back to reschedule, but no one ever did. I had to reach back out to Josh for help to get the inspection rescheduled. 7/2: Got letter from Service Finance Company that our first payment is due 7/28. We asked Josh about this since only the solar panels were installed, but our main panel which needed to be replaced due to age was not installed yet and was rolled into the loan. Josh acknowledged that this seemed odd and would look into it. 7/21: We got our first bill from Service Finance Company. Sent to Josh again, he said he'd look into it. 8/16: Main panel replacement occurred. On the same day, we got a call from Service Finance Company that we are 19 days overdue and will be going into collections soon. Reached out to Josh again about this, and Josh promised he'd pay for the late fee. 8/18: Finally got a gift card from Lumio with the first three months of payments that Josh promised us. Since we had to resign the loan for a new amount since the main panel was rolled into the loan, the gift card was for 3 months based on the old amount, not the new amount, and it did not include the late fee that Josh promised. Was told I would get an additional gift card for the remainder by a representative who called me to confirm I got the gift card. 8/19: Got a survey from Lumio about the solar panel install. I took the survey and fully explained the horrible experience I had up until that point. The survey asked if I would like someone to contact me, and I said yes. To this day, no one has contacted me. 9/2: City of Seattle came to inspect expecting a Lumio representative to be present, but there was no Lumio representative. Josh said that no Lumio representative should be onsite. Via email, Jennifer said a Lumio representative should have been onsite. I told Jennifer Josh said this wasn't necessary, and Jennifer said there should have been. Rescheduled inspection. 9/13: Got a text from Jennifer saying I needed to schedule an inspection again, which made me think the previous inspection scheduled on 9/2 did not occur (error on her part). 9/17: Texted Josh asking for a follow up on the gift card. Zero acknowledgement. 10/12: Texted Josh again about the gift card. Josh texted me an email screenshot Alexa G sent to Rachel, AJ, Catherine, and 7 other people for follow up. 10/20: Text from Ivie to schedule final electrical inspection for 10/27. I texted back requesting for 10/28, but didn't hear anything back from her. 10/28: No one shows up. 10/31: Text from Ivie saying that the technician had an emergency and her text to me never went through, now the final electrical inspection is scheduled for 11/10. 11/4: Texted Josh about the gift card. Zero response. 11/10: Lumio inspection with Seattle City Light. Was told additional work needed to be done. It has been two weeks, and I have heard nothing back from anyone about when that would be scheduled or take place. This only includes the correspondence I've had in writing with your organization. This does not include the countless phone calls I have made to follow up with your inability to provide clear communication and follow through. In writing this and reliving the experience I had with your company, I am completely astounded by your organization's inability to follow up your customers. It's not just one or two, but multiple people who have dropped the ball with communication with us.

Lynne King Kent, WA

Contract signed and 1/2 paid up front on July13, 2022. Panels were installed by a very good crew on September 6, 2022. The panels were not connected, the EV charger was not installed. Since then we have tried multiple times and many ways (text, phone, email) to get solid information about a completion date, with no results. I even emailed the CEO with no results. When I call their customer service, they say someone will get back to us, which has not happened. We are out a lot of money with nothing to show for it except nonfunctional panels on the roof. We continue to pay high electric bills and have lost a summer of sunshine. I do NOT recommend this company to anyone. Today we filed a complaint with the WA state Attorney General.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Lynne, thanks for sharing this. We have escalated a ticket with our customer care team to resolve your concerns. Please continue to work with them to find a resolution.

Nov. 22nd, 2022

Jesse Enfield Kailua-Kona, HI

We signed up for Lemio and signed all the paperwork over 8 weeks ago today. They promised that we would have it installed and signed off within 4-8 weeks and be producing power. They started with saying they would be out the next week to install everything (i felt that was a stretch but was hopeful). They came out around 3 or 4 weeks to do the install and then we had to wait another 4 weeks for the state inspection (i know that is out of our control but he said it would be 4 weeks so that was part of his 4-8 week timeline). Well there electrician didn't do something correctly and i am still unsure what that was as no one is filling us in. We have tried communicating with no real promise as to when they will come fix it or even a guess, just that they will be in touch. We need to have it done and signed off by the end of 2022 or all the tax credits are not beneficial until the next tax year, which is part of why we jump on doing it so quick as it was a ticking clock. We are still awaiting them to fix it so we can get back on the agenda of the state inspector list (another 4 week list i assume) and all the holidays are approaching. We have neighbors who have used other solar companies within a week of us and they are all fully functional and live. Will update review and possibly increase rating should they actually get there act together and be helpful and timely.

Reply from Lumio

Jesse, this is not the experience we want our homeowners to have. Our customer care team has reached out to you and is actively working to get your system fully operational as soon as they can. Please continue working with them to get your issues resolved. Thank you.

Lynne King Kent, WA

We signed a contract in July 2022 and paid half. Installation of the panels was very efficient and then everything stopped. They have never finished the electrical, they have not gone to the city for inspection. ThE EV charger is still sitting in a box in the garage. The person who is supposed to be the project manager won’t respond to texts. I have managed to speak to her once by going through customer service. She put me off saying it would be 2 more weeks - this was 3 weeks ago. I even wrote an email to the CEO, with no response. The only person who will talk with us is the salesman - because he apparently doesn’t get paid until the job is completed. We don’t know what to do to get the job finished. We have missed a whole summer of sunshine.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Lynne, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Reviews like yours are important in helping us improve our processes and the future experiences of Lumio customers. We see your account manager Bethany has been communicating with you to update you on the process. Please continue to work with her to resolve your issues. Thank you for your patience.

Dennis & Rachel Christlieb Crowell, TX

You had 2 of the nicest young men to visit our town, Crowell, Texas Dillon P and his sidekick Michael, to represent your company.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Dennis & Rachel, thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We will be sure to pass your feedback along to Dillon and Michael!

Vickie Perez Fresno, CA

The installation and inspection were completed on the day they were scheduled for. They both explained what they were going to do. Great Customer service.

Reply from Lumio

Vickie, thank you for sharing your experience with Lumio! Your feedback is value to us.

kimberly Cantu Stanwood, WA

In the beginning they were great. Once the system was installed the communication has been horrible and my system has been on my roof for over a month and still isn't turned on. I have had to reach out to them instead of them keeping me in the loop. I had to call the inspection office to get any information and get the ball rolling. Highly frustrated!!

Jason Schneider Greenacres, WA

Been overall easy to work with. There has been a couple problems here and there but nothing major. Although, it was a good thing I had the week off so I could be around.

Reply from Lumio

Jason, thank you for sharing your experience with Lumio!

Carol Johnson Harker Heights, TX

My sales rep and panel installers were wonderful (worthy of a 5), however, I have been trying on my own to move the process forward. No one has contacted me to assist in the next steps in the process. I've made several calls but have not received call backs as promised nor have I heard from my accounts manager (actions worthy of a 0 rating)

Pete Churton Beaumont, TX

Lumio has done everything they said they would and done it well. They've been very responsive when I've had questions and made their information very easy to understand.

Reply from Lumio

Thank you for your sharing Pete. We're glad we could help.

Sep. 9th, 2022

Veronica San Miguel Goliad, TX

Very friendly and easy to do business with. Our salesman, Maunty, is very helpful and answers all of your questions and is not one of them pushy sales people!

Reply from Lumio

Hi Veronica, we agree—Maunty is pretty awesome! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Sep. 9th, 2022

Dwaine Morrison Moxee, WA

I have liked 95% of the communication and explanations of what is coming next. A couple of times there were multiple conflicting emails/texts. I felt I also received a good price and value.

Reply from Lumio

Hi Dwaine, we appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to our team. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Sep. 8th, 2022