Freedom Solar Power

Founded in 2007, Freedom Solar Power offers solar panel installation to residential and commercial customers in Texas. The company has installed over 13 megawatts of solar power to date. Freedom Solar's team boasts a combined 25+ years of solar installation experience and works to bring the Texas community the latest solar power equipment.

The Good

• Multiple Payment Options
  • SunPower Master Dealer
  • Online Monitoring
  • Warranty Length
  • Durable, Low Maintenance Equipment

Multiple Payment Options

Freedom Solar Power offers its customers multiple payment options to choose from, including cash purchase, lease, and PPA. With a variety of ways to pay, customers have the ability to find an option that fits their needs.

SunPower Master Dealer

Freedom Solar Power has chosen SunPower as its solar panel manufacturer, and has secure Master Dealer status in both Texas and Colorado. As a SunPower Master Dealer, the company's representatives have undergone advanced training to aid in installing SunPower's high-quality solar equipment and products.

Online Monitoring

Freedom Solar Power continuously monitors the solar systems it has installed. In addition, customers are given access to a web-based monitoring application that will provide them with information about their system's output and performance, as well as how much money they are saving on energy.

Warranty Length

The team at Freedom Solar Power places a great deal of confidence in the PV solar systems it installs. As a result, each system comes with a 25-year power output warranty. If the panels do not produce the amount that the customer was quoted for, Freedom Solar Power will pay them the difference.

Durable, Low Maintenance Equipment

The solar panels installed by Freedom Solar Power are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and wear and tear over time. In fact, the panels are certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. to withstand hail, hurricane force winds, extreme temperatures, and rainstorms. Additionally, Freedom Solar Power panels have no moving parts and are virtually maintenance-free once installed, making them both cost-effective and time-effective for the customer.

The Bad

• Limited State Availability
  • No Loan Option

Limited State Availability

Freedom Solar Power currently only offers its services to residents of Texas. While being a local provider does have advantages, it also limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to do business with the company.

No Loan Option

While Freedom Solar Power does provide its customers with a number of different payment options, the company currently does not offer a loan option. Loans are generally a very popular choice because they give customers the opportunity to own solar panels without having to make a hefty upfront investment. By not offering a loan option, Freedom Solar Power is making it difficult for its customers to achieve solar ownership.

The Bottom Line

Freedom Solar Power has more than a decade of experience in the solar industry. The company offers a lengthy warranty, durable equipment, and online monitoring. However, Freedom Solar Power only operates in the state of Texas and does not offer a loan option.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
Freedom Solar Power

Freedom Solar is a full-service solar company installing solar panels and backup power systems for homeowners and businesses since 2007. Our mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, reliable energy from the sun, all while maintaining our core set of values: Pride in Quality Craftsmanship We will provide the best quality equipment for every installation and top-notch service. We do a good job, the right way. Go Above and Beyond We go out of our way to exceed every customer’s expectations. If there’s a problem, we make it right. Put People First We work together as a team to pitch in, do our part, and always pick up the phone. Have a Humble Heart We live by the golden rule, put customers’ needs ahead of ourselves, and treat our customers and each other like family. Give a Damn We show up every day ready to go and work to leave the world better than we found it. Shoot Straight We are honest and transparent. You can always trust us to shoot straight with you. Give us a call to learn more and join the solar revolution!

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

5.0

bookmark

Featured Review

Abraham Navarro Humble, TX

We chose Freedom Solar from 5 other installers because of their pricing, no pressure quote and quality Sunpower panels. We haven't paid a light bill in a year. Our account balance with Reliant has been in credit status from the start. We earned $-305.93 in credit last summer(8/21/20) and $-161.29 in credit this winter (2/24/21). Needless to say were extremely satisfied and recommend Freedom Solar.

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

Hi Abraham - We are so happy to hear that you've had such a wonderful experience with the Freedom team and your system! Thank you for your recommendation and congrats on going solar!

Mar. 25th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

HERACLITUS MAXIMUS Austin, TX

After conducting extensive research with various top-rated solar companies, I am truly pleased to have chosen Freedom Solar as my main solar installation company. Freedom solar is simply the BEST solar company since they offer the best warranty, the panels are the best in the market and their staff (like Juan G) are simply the best equipped to handle all complex questions regarding going solar... I deeply appreciate the professionalism and dedication of my Energy Consultant (JUAN G) who assisted me from the very start. Juan was extremely professional and explain everything there is to know about solar installations intricacies and the great benefits solar offers... Unfortunately, due to an urgent unforeseen family situation, I had to postponed my solar project until I come back to my hometown :( Despite, the obstacles and personal situations I am encountering, I am convinced I will come back to Freedom Solar to resume my solar installations since there is still time to benefit from the federal tax rebates and Freedom Solar world-class costumer service. R/ Eric D.

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

We are so happy that you had such a great experience with Juan . We wish you the best and are here whenever you need us. Thank you so much for your review.

Kevin Peterson Los Banos, CA

freedom came out and installed 4kw worth of panels, explained the cost and if I find that they estimated the wrong number of panels they would add panels at their cost guarantied for 25 years and the people were very friendly. soon as PG&E does check a person from freedom will be with them and will instruct me on care and proper use of the system

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

We're so happy you had such a great experience - congrats on going solar!

Michele Meza Planada, CA

Freedom forever is fantastic! I recommend them to my friends coworkers and anybody that is interested in solar panels . They care about how you feel and help in any way by explaining the steps of the whole process installing solar panels.. The staff are all wonderful. The people that came to my house to install the panels answer all my questions. It was the best decision I made for me and my family . I want to thank the Freedom staffs .

Will Tabada San Jose, CA

This a great company. I installed 46 panels on my home and loving being off the grid and generating more than I need to ensure for future growth.

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

Congrats on going solar and thank you for the review!