Freedom Solar Power

8.6

Founded in 2007, Freedom Solar Power offers solar panel installation to residential and commercial customers in Texas. The company has installed over 13 megawatts of solar power to date. Freedom Solar's team boasts a combined 25+ years of solar installation experience and works to bring the Texas community the latest solar power equipment.

The Good

• Multiple Payment Options
  • SunPower Master Dealer
  • Online Monitoring
  • Warranty Length
  • Durable, Low Maintenance Equipment

Multiple Payment Options

Freedom Solar Power offers its customers multiple payment options to choose from, including cash purchase, lease, and PPA. With a variety of ways to pay, customers have the ability to find an option that fits their needs.

SunPower Master Dealer

Freedom Solar Power has chosen SunPower as its solar panel manufacturer, and has secure Master Dealer status in both Texas and Colorado. As a SunPower Master Dealer, the company's representatives have undergone advanced training to aid in installing SunPower's high-quality solar equipment and products.

Online Monitoring

Freedom Solar Power continuously monitors the solar systems it has installed. In addition, customers are given access to a web-based monitoring application that will provide them with information about their system's output and performance, as well as how much money they are saving on energy.

Warranty Length

The team at Freedom Solar Power places a great deal of confidence in the PV solar systems it installs. As a result, each system comes with a 25-year power output warranty. If the panels do not produce the amount that the customer was quoted for, Freedom Solar Power will pay them the difference.

Durable, Low Maintenance Equipment

The solar panels installed by Freedom Solar Power are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and wear and tear over time. In fact, the panels are certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. to withstand hail, hurricane force winds, extreme temperatures, and rainstorms. Additionally, Freedom Solar Power panels have no moving parts and are virtually maintenance-free once installed, making them both cost-effective and time-effective for the customer.

The Bad

• Limited State Availability
  • No Loan Option

Limited State Availability

Freedom Solar Power currently only offers its services to residents of Texas. While being a local provider does have advantages, it also limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to do business with the company.

No Loan Option

While Freedom Solar Power does provide its customers with a number of different payment options, the company currently does not offer a loan option. Loans are generally a very popular choice because they give customers the opportunity to own solar panels without having to make a hefty upfront investment. By not offering a loan option, Freedom Solar Power is making it difficult for its customers to achieve solar ownership.

The Bottom Line

Freedom Solar Power has more than a decade of experience in the solar industry. The company offers a lengthy warranty, durable equipment, and online monitoring. However, Freedom Solar Power only operates in the state of Texas and does not offer a loan option.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
Freedom Solar Power

Freedom Solar is a full-service solar company installing solar panels and backup power systems for homeowners and businesses since 2007. Our mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, reliable energy from the sun, all while maintaining our core set of values: Pride in Quality Craftsmanship We will provide the best quality equipment for every installation and top-notch service. We do a good job, the right way. Go Above and Beyond We go out of our way to exceed every customer’s expectations. If there’s a problem, we make it right. Put People First We work together as a team to pitch in, do our part, and always pick up the phone. Have a Humble Heart We live by the golden rule, put customers’ needs ahead of ourselves, and treat our customers and each other like family. Give a Damn We show up every day ready to go and work to leave the world better than we found it. Shoot Straight We are honest and transparent. You can always trust us to shoot straight with you. Give us a call to learn more and join the solar revolution!

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

bookmark

Featured Review

Abraham Navarro Humble, TX

We chose Freedom Solar from 5 other installers because of their pricing, no pressure quote and quality Sunpower panels. We haven't paid a light bill in a year. Our account balance with Reliant has been in credit status from the start. We earned $-305.93 in credit last summer(8/21/20) and $-161.29 in credit this winter (2/24/21). Needless to say were extremely satisfied and recommend Freedom Solar.

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

Hi Abraham - We are so happy to hear that you've had such a wonderful experience with the Freedom team and your system! Thank you for your recommendation and congrats on going solar!

Mar. 25th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

HERACLITUS MAXIMUS Austin, TX

After conducting extensive research with various top-rated solar companies, I am truly pleased to have chosen Freedom Solar as my main solar installation company. Freedom solar is simply the BEST solar company since they offer the best warranty, the panels are the best in the market and their staff (like Juan G) are simply the best equipped to handle all complex questions regarding going solar... I deeply appreciate the professionalism and dedication of my Energy Consultant (JUAN G) who assisted me from the very start. Juan was extremely professional and explain everything there is to know about solar installations intricacies and the great benefits solar offers... Unfortunately, due to an urgent unforeseen family situation, I had to postponed my solar project until I come back to my hometown :( Despite, the obstacles and personal situations I am encountering, I am convinced I will come back to Freedom Solar to resume my solar installations since there is still time to benefit from the federal tax rebates and Freedom Solar world-class costumer service. R/ Eric D.

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

We are so happy that you had such a great experience with Juan . We wish you the best and are here whenever you need us. Thank you so much for your review.

Mar. 17th, 2021

Morales Austin, TX

The sales rep was very friendly and knowledgeable and patient with us. They were quick to get it installed. It look less than two weeks. We thought it would be longer than that. Our biggest problem was with the electric company but that didn’t have anything to do with Freedom solar. Everything is working well. It is producing as we expected.

Lohse Austin, TX

The panels are producing in excess of what we thought it would. The equipment is top notch. We had an issue in the first month or two. We weren’t sure if the breaker was done on one of our HVAC units and they came out even though it wasn’t directly related to the solar and helped troubleshoot the system.

Rajesh Iyer Round Rock, TX

The installation was completed ahead of schedule and Freedom Solar Power took care of handling all the approvals with the HOA. The installation team had masks and maintained social distance amidst the pandemic. After almost a year, I have not had any problems with the installation

Kevin Dias Austin, TX

Great service, great product. When I reached out and scheduled an appointment to learn more, the salesman was upfront about costs and informative as to why Freedom Solar and Sunpower were worth the cost. Answered all my questions and no sleazy sales tactics.

Goddard Austin, TX

We like their product and recommend them all the time. Our friends and neighbors ack about them. Everyone wants them now. We feel like they have everything we needed. We loved the sales guy and customer service has been there anytime we needed anything and they are friendly. We had a hiccup, it turned out to be a bad part, they were really quick to replace it. It was really easy. It has been really reliable,

Furgison Austin, TX

After doing some research we decided on freedom. They are local to our area. It can be hard to get a hold of someone in customer service but otherwise they are great. They got it put up in one day. They came out bright and early in the morning. The crew was great. They knew our exact specifications. We had some questions and they were able to answer. It looks gorgeous and the app is simple to see what we are producing. I would recommend them to anyone.

Liz Baker Austin, TX

They have always been responsive and friendly, the product is excellent and competitively priced, and their customer service before, during, and after install is exceptional.

Jim Austin, TX

I live in a remote location so getting service can be many weeks and that is not really acceptable. If I had known that I would not have chosen them. I had a failure early on. I am a retired instrument engineer so I like to up with stuff. I don’t think the average person would have noticed. They didn’t tell me I had a problem but they did help me rectify the problem but it was a long, drawn out procedure.

Alegria A Hibbetts Austin, TX

We auditioned several solar companies before making the very easy decision to go with Freedom Solar. Spencer S. was as professional, helpful and honest as one could hope for.

John Hayes San Antonio, TX

Expert installation of electrical boxes and solar panels. Freedom Solar handled the required permits and our HOA. We have been online for more than one year and are pleased with the savings and reduction of emissions.

Hill Austin, TX

They have the best panels on the market as far as the most efficient with the fewest number of panels in order to create the power we need for our home. They were on time with the installation and gave me a brief explanation of the app. It is simple. I was kept updated every step of the way.

Sreerama Boerne, TX

The installers were very professional. They were ready to come and they were helpful and detailed. They came and did their work and left without any issue to us the customer. I think it is a good value living in Texas. We definitely saw a difference in our current power bills.

Kane Boerne, TX

High quality panels, some of the best in the world. It produces very well and has a low degradation rate. Really solid equipment. The installation practices are good. They are a really good company and their prices are good. Anybody should be comfortable with them.

Gero Austin, TX

My utility bill was cut in more than half. I’ve always gotten prompt responses from support. Even the sales associate told me not to hesitate to call any time. They made sure everything was cleared with city. They were very thorough step by step.

Michael Boerne, TX

It is not quite as efficient as they stated it would be but it is still functional. There were a couple of little blips during the installation process but it all got sorted out. They were able to get it finished in five hours.

Brad Austin, TX

The system is pretty expensive but the quality is up there. It is the best technology in the industry. Even their competitors know that is true. They gave me all the information I needed to make an educated decision. I feel really confident able to performance and the longevity of the system. Everybody has been helpful and knowledgeable.

Lujan Austin, TX

Installation was pretty smooth. The scheduled a visit to look at the property and then made it official and gave me a date and within two days the equipment was installed. They are quick and responsive and super friendly in customer service. I haven’t had any issues.

Philip Warren Austin, TX

Great install experience and knowledgable staff. Very efficient panels which better used the available space on our roof.

Anonymous Austin, TX

I really appreciated my sales person because they stayed with me through the installation and over a year. It has been a really smooth and easy experience and the product is quality.

Boone Austin, TX

I’ve been very pleased with it. I’ve had good results. The equipment seems to be working well for the last seven to eight months. We had one small equipment problem and it was fixed to our satisfaction. They are responsive to every concern.

Tanner Austin, TX

The process is seamless. They showed up and weren’t destructive at all. We knew what was happened the whole time. It is able to generate enough power to get a rebate from our city.

Smola Austin, TX

Their app could use some work but other than that the quality of their product is fine. We’ve had them for over a year and they are working very well. None of the cells have gone out. It is working as expected.

Anonymous Austin, TX

Customer service is always willing and able to answer questions. The only negative thing was they miscalculated some local coding on the number of panels they can put up. Installation was pretty uneventful. The system is running low. We were promise 39 percent and it is more around 26.7 percent.

John Ornelas Austin, TX

I’ve had freedom for about a year and it has been working great. It is producing very well. There were no issues when it was installed. The customer service is very knowledgeable and able to answer all my questions.

Hodges Austin, TX

They’re awesome. Any time I have a questions, they jump on it real quick. The quality is the best. They use sun power equipment and it is probably the best on the market. They were very quick and clean with the installation.

Stuckey Austin, TX

I got a great deal. They made it very easy. My issues were anticipated and they took care of them. The inspector said it was one of the more professional jobs she had. So far it has been reliable.

Bunton Boerne, TX

We had a lot of issues with the electric company but Freedom was patient and we were able to get through it. Their technicians pay attention to details. They follow through until the process is complete.

Pacheco Boerne, TX

The best warranty and installation was great. It went fast and smooth. Their customer service has a high response rate. They are professional. I also like they use Sun Power solar panels.

Grant Cornett Jarrell, TX

Was told that my system would run 100% of my electric needs, but now I am just paying a slightly discounted electric bill and a solar system bill at the same time for the next 25 years.

Bill Hornbuckle Bebe, TX

Dependable, thorough, high quality work, company has been in business for a long time, reasonable price, not cheap but not the most expensive

Thomas Guice Harker Heights, TX

The tax credit in not explained in depth, especially when signing for the loan and the repayment that is needed, to when you will actually receive your tax credit funds.

Hernandez Austin, TX

We were hoping to get a little more electricity generated but overall it is helping our bill a lot. It also took longer to install than we wanted because of contracts with the city but it has been good.

Florio Boerne, TX

It's a good system. I like the design and the ability to expand the system and that it is easy to install the panels. I didn’t have a good experience with their customer service. The process is long and drawn out and I was disappointed with them from the start.

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

Hi Florio - We are always looking to improve and we appreciate your feedback, if there is anything we can do to assist you or if you'd like to provide additional comments please don't hesitate to email us at [email protected]

Jul. 9th, 2021

Chris Bunch San Antonio, TX

Everything works as planned from the start. We've never lost power even when our neighbors were out for 1.5 days.

Richard Hrabik Leander, TX

very experienced and thorough. They are also very responsive and did an excellent job at installation

Mccollough Austin, TX

There were a couple of communication breakdowns where I wasn’t notified of certain things. In general though they work good and I haven’t had any real issues.

Anonymous Boerne, TX

I am glad I went with them. I liked the sales guy. They were clean when they had it installed. Nothing was damaged. It was a good experience.

Austin Austin, TX

Good quality equipment and helpful customer service. They were quick to respond and helped me navigate the power restoration process.

Rocha Boerne, TX

I highly recommend this company. The product is high quality. It was put up quick and easy and they have been prompt and professional.

Chumlea Austin, TX

It seems to be working well. Customer support has been receptive and attentive. I have recommended them to several other people.

Anonymous Austin, TX

System is consistent and very accurate. It is always producing what was guaranteed. All the individuals have been very professional.

Joseph Boerne, TX

The system is reliable and it does it’s job. I am waiting on the software application to monitor the system but that is the only complaint. It has all gone well.

Schulwolf Austin, TX

Overall the experience with freedom solar has been positive. Everything seems to be working. Everybody has been excellent. I would recommend them to others.

Olan Boerne, TX

It's working like it is supposed to and it looks better than other solar panels I’ve seen around. Any issues are responded to quickly.

Hawk T Mendenhall Austin, TX

They were great. Installation team awesome. Everyone very responsive

Rajappa Austin, TX

On the price side, it is a little high but they are a better option for solar panels. They are efficient.

Wucher Austin, TX

Seems like a product and it is saving me money on my electric bills. The people are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Anonymous Austin, TX

I like the installation and the warranty. They have been good communicators and it has goen according to schedule.