Best Company Guarantee Freedom Solar Power Logo

Freedom Solar Power

6.0

LAST UPDATED: May 11th, 2022

Founded in 2007, Freedom Solar Power offers solar panel installation to residential and commercial customers in Texas. The company has installed over 13 megawatts of solar power to date. Freedom Solar's team boasts a combined 25+ years of solar installation experience and works to bring Texas the latest solar power equipment.

Freedom Solar Power has also been named a "Top 500 Solar Contractor" by Solar Power World magazine nine years running, achieving the award every year from 2013 to 2021. Per 2020 statistics, the company has installed more than 19,800 kilowatts of clean, renewable energy since its founding.

The Good

• Solar Financing
  • SunPower Master Dealer
  • Battery Options
  • Warranty Length
  • Online Monitoring

Solar Financing

The Texas-based solar installer offers its customers multiple payment options to choose from, including cash purchase, lease, loan, and PPA. With a variety of ways to buy solar energy, customers can find an option that fits their needs.

Interest rates for a solar loan can be as low as 0%.

Homeowners that opt for a cash purchase or loan qualify for the Federal Tax Credit. Contact your local power company to determine if net metering can save you money as well.

SunPower Master Dealer

Freedom Solar Power uses SunPower as its solar panel manufacturer and has secure Master Dealer status in both Texas and Colorado. As a SunPower Master Dealer, the solar company's representatives have undergone advanced training to aid in installing SunPower's high-quality solar equipment and products.

As a manufacturer, SunPower's solar panel and inverter modules are unmatched in terms of energy efficiency and durability. Any solar power system with the SunPower logo is built to last.

The solar panels installed by Freedom Solar Power are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and wear and tear over time. In fact, the panels are certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. to withstand hail, hurricane-force winds, extreme temperatures, and rainstorms.

Additionally, Freedom Solar Power panels have no moving parts and are virtually maintenance-free once installed, making them both cost-effective and time-effective for the customer.

Battery Options

Freedom Solar Power also provides home backup power for homeowners interested in upgrading their solar energy system.

The company will be able to help customers determine whether they need a backup battery or generator to meet their energy needs.

Solar energy storage can help Texas homeowners save money on their electric bill while also harnessing energy for emergency use, such as a power outage.

Freedom Solar Power's preferred energy storage products include the Tesla Powerwall battery and the Kohler Generator.

Warranty Length

The team at Freedom Solar Power places a great deal of confidence in the PV solar systems it installs. As a result, each system comes with a 25-year power output warranty for all rooftop solar panels. If the panels do not produce the amount that the customer was quoted for, Freedom Solar Power will pay them the difference.

Online Monitoring

Freedom Solar Power continuously monitors the solar systems it has installed. In addition, customers are given access to a web-based monitoring application that will provide them with information about their system's output and performance, as well as how much money they are saving on energy.

The Bad

• Limited State Availability
  • Customer Service Complaints

Limited State Availability

Freedom Solar Power currently only offers its services to residents of Texas, Virginia, Florida, and Colorado. While being a local provider does have advantages, it also limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to do business with the company. Note that customers in more rural towns may have a longer wait time for installation.

Customer Service Complaints

A few customers have left disappointed reviews regarding Freedom Solar Power's customer service. However, we're pleased to see that the company has responded to those reviews with an offer to make things right.

The Bottom Line

Freedom Solar Power has more than a decade of experience in the solar industry. The company offers turnkey solar installations with a robust warranty, durable equipment, and online monitoring.

We recommend that homeowners read verified Freedom Solar Power reviews to see if this company matches their needs.

If you live in Texas, Virginia, Florida, or Colorado and would like to work with a qualified solar installer backed by an industry-leading manufacturer, Freedom Solar Power might be right for you.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Solar Power below.

bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

Goddard Austin, TX

We like their product and recommend them all the time. Our friends and neighbors ack about them. Everyone wants them now. We feel like they have everything we needed. We loved the sales guy and customer service has been there anytime we needed anything and they are friendly. We had a hiccup, it turned out to be a bad part, they were really quick to replace it. It was really easy. It has been really reliable,

Furgison Austin, TX

After doing some research we decided on freedom. They are local to our area. It can be hard to get a hold of someone in customer service but otherwise they are great. They got it put up in one day. They came out bright and early in the morning. The crew was great. They knew our exact specifications. We had some questions and they were able to answer. It looks gorgeous and the app is simple to see what we are producing. I would recommend them to anyone.

Leland James (Jim) Unruh Jr. Round Rock, TX

Two reasons that Freedom solar is fantastic. #1 Knowledgeable, attentive , and honest sales staff. Federico is unparalleled, both as an agent and as a fine human being. #2 Service. Nikki did what she promised to do. #3 Product quality. The product is performing better than promised.

Lohse Austin, TX

The panels are producing in excess of what we thought it would. The equipment is top notch. We had an issue in the first month or two. We weren’t sure if the breaker was done on one of our HVAC units and they came out even though it wasn’t directly related to the solar and helped troubleshoot the system.

Morales Austin, TX

The sales rep was very friendly and knowledgeable and patient with us. They were quick to get it installed. It look less than two weeks. We thought it would be longer than that. Our biggest problem was with the electric company but that didn’t have anything to do with Freedom solar. Everything is working well. It is producing as we expected.

Kevin Dias Austin, TX

Great service, great product. When I reached out and scheduled an appointment to learn more, the salesman was upfront about costs and informative as to why Freedom Solar and Sunpower were worth the cost. Answered all my questions and no sleazy sales tactics.

Rajesh Iyer Round Rock, TX

The installation was completed ahead of schedule and Freedom Solar Power took care of handling all the approvals with the HOA. The installation team had masks and maintained social distance amidst the pandemic. After almost a year, I have not had any problems with the installation

Sreerama Boerne, TX

The installers were very professional. They were ready to come and they were helpful and detailed. They came and did their work and left without any issue to us the customer. I think it is a good value living in Texas. We definitely saw a difference in our current power bills.

Hill Austin, TX

They have the best panels on the market as far as the most efficient with the fewest number of panels in order to create the power we need for our home. They were on time with the installation and gave me a brief explanation of the app. It is simple. I was kept updated every step of the way.

Gero Austin, TX

My utility bill was cut in more than half. I’ve always gotten prompt responses from support. Even the sales associate told me not to hesitate to call any time. They made sure everything was cleared with city. They were very thorough step by step.

Kane Boerne, TX

High quality panels, some of the best in the world. It produces very well and has a low degradation rate. Really solid equipment. The installation practices are good. They are a really good company and their prices are good. Anybody should be comfortable with them.

Hodges Austin, TX

They’re awesome. Any time I have a questions, they jump on it real quick. The quality is the best. They use sun power equipment and it is probably the best on the market. They were very quick and clean with the installation.

Brad Austin, TX

The system is pretty expensive but the quality is up there. It is the best technology in the industry. Even their competitors know that is true. They gave me all the information I needed to make an educated decision. I feel really confident able to performance and the longevity of the system. Everybody has been helpful and knowledgeable.

Lujan Austin, TX

Installation was pretty smooth. The scheduled a visit to look at the property and then made it official and gave me a date and within two days the equipment was installed. They are quick and responsive and super friendly in customer service. I haven’t had any issues.

Michael Boerne, TX

It is not quite as efficient as they stated it would be but it is still functional. There were a couple of little blips during the installation process but it all got sorted out. They were able to get it finished in five hours.

Jim Austin, TX

I live in a remote location so getting service can be many weeks and that is not really acceptable. If I had known that I would not have chosen them. I had a failure early on. I am a retired instrument engineer so I like to up with stuff. I don’t think the average person would have noticed. They didn’t tell me I had a problem but they did help me rectify the problem but it was a long, drawn out procedure.

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

Hi Jim - We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to make this right for you so if there is anything we can do please reach out to [email protected]

Jul. 28th, 2021

John Hayes San Antonio, TX

Expert installation of electrical boxes and solar panels. Freedom Solar handled the required permits and our HOA. We have been online for more than one year and are pleased with the savings and reduction of emissions.

Alegria A Hibbetts Austin, TX

We auditioned several solar companies before making the very easy decision to go with Freedom Solar. Spencer S. was as professional, helpful and honest as one could hope for.

Boone Austin, TX

I’ve been very pleased with it. I’ve had good results. The equipment seems to be working well for the last seven to eight months. We had one small equipment problem and it was fixed to our satisfaction. They are responsive to every concern.

Anonymous Austin, TX

I really appreciated my sales person because they stayed with me through the installation and over a year. It has been a really smooth and easy experience and the product is quality.

Tanner Austin, TX

The process is seamless. They showed up and weren’t destructive at all. We knew what was happened the whole time. It is able to generate enough power to get a rebate from our city.

Smola Austin, TX

Their app could use some work but other than that the quality of their product is fine. We’ve had them for over a year and they are working very well. None of the cells have gone out. It is working as expected.

Anonymous Austin, TX

Customer service is always willing and able to answer questions. The only negative thing was they miscalculated some local coding on the number of panels they can put up. Installation was pretty uneventful. The system is running low. We were promise 39 percent and it is more around 26.7 percent.

Bunton Boerne, TX

We had a lot of issues with the electric company but Freedom was patient and we were able to get through it. Their technicians pay attention to details. They follow through until the process is complete.

Pacheco Boerne, TX

The best warranty and installation was great. It went fast and smooth. Their customer service has a high response rate. They are professional. I also like they use Sun Power solar panels.

Stuckey Austin, TX

I got a great deal. They made it very easy. My issues were anticipated and they took care of them. The inspector said it was one of the more professional jobs she had. So far it has been reliable.

John Ornelas Austin, TX

I’ve had freedom for about a year and it has been working great. It is producing very well. There were no issues when it was installed. The customer service is very knowledgeable and able to answer all my questions.

Patrick Austin, TX

Building a new home I did my homework and met with 5 solar companies before choosing Freedom Solar. The handling of my account was done personally by Don, their regional sales manager. The steps to getting the system installed were professionally managed from the first day of my build until the system was generating power. I was happy with my first electric bill which showed a negative balance (I produced more than I used). I’m impressed with the 20 year guarantee and the availability of continuous support if I ever need it. I highly recommend Freedom Solar to install your solar system.

Liz Baker Austin, TX

They have always been responsive and friendly, the product is excellent and competitively priced, and their customer service before, during, and after install is exceptional.

Hernandez Austin, TX

We were hoping to get a little more electricity generated but overall it is helping our bill a lot. It also took longer to install than we wanted because of contracts with the city but it has been good.

Florio Boerne, TX

It's a good system. I like the design and the ability to expand the system and that it is easy to install the panels. I didn’t have a good experience with their customer service. The process is long and drawn out and I was disappointed with them from the start.

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

Hi Florio - We are always looking to improve and we appreciate your feedback, if there is anything we can do to assist you or if you'd like to provide additional comments please don't hesitate to email us at [email protected]

Jul. 9th, 2021

HERACLITUS MAXIMUS Austin, TX

After conducting extensive research with various top-rated solar companies, I am truly pleased to have chosen Freedom Solar as my main solar installation company. Freedom solar is simply the BEST solar company since they offer the best warranty, the panels are the best in the market and their staff (like Juan G) are simply the best equipped to handle all complex questions regarding going solar... I deeply appreciate the professionalism and dedication of my Energy Consultant (JUAN G) who assisted me from the very start. Juan was extremely professional and explain everything there is to know about solar installations intricacies and the great benefits solar offers... Unfortunately, due to an urgent unforeseen family situation, I had to postponed my solar project until I come back to my hometown :( Despite, the obstacles and personal situations I am encountering, I am convinced I will come back to Freedom Solar to resume my solar installations since there is still time to benefit from the federal tax rebates and Freedom Solar world-class costumer service. R/ Eric D.

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

We are so happy that you had such a great experience with Juan . We wish you the best and are here whenever you need us. Thank you so much for your review.

Mar. 17th, 2021

DAN MOREMAN Arlington, TX

I clicked on a button for the Tesla Solar site saying I would like to know more and then these guys from Freedom started calling me several times per day while at work. 5 times in less than a day and a half. When I finally answered and asked the guy to stop calling me he was rude, condescending and laughed at me. He refused to transfer the call and told me to respond online so here I am. These guys are jerks with the attitude and behavior of stalkers. Do not click on a button saying you would like to know more about Tesla Solar unless you want these guys to call you repeatedly and speak to you rudely.

Miroslaw Sek Dickinson, TX

We would like to write the review to warn a potential customers of very poor customer’s service at FREEDOM SOLAR POWER. The company does not give you all information needed and do not care of you as a customers. 1) Show up for panel installation September 13th 2) October the 7th show up to install Tesla power wall and the rest of equipment (dispute with power company about extension switch) They did not perform installation 3) October 12th second attempt to install power wall. After installing 1 box outside the house and extention switch installer said “I feel under the weather” and did not finished 4) October 18th third attempt. Instead of coming at 8am installer showed up at 2pm (no call) Start installation which supposed to be done in 4hours but finished after 10pm. In the meantime around 4pm the installer drilled the hole in our main gas pipe line. Just to make it clear. We know things happen but the way we deal with it shows the respect to customer. The company was informed by installer right away but till 7 pm nobody even call to address the issue. After my intervention and calling the salesman plumber showed up around 10pm just to tell me it is a big job and he cannot do it. We were left with no gas for 3days. All the time contact with Jacob Petterson-project manager in Houston and Mark M In Austin was close to non existing. The only person tried to help was Colton D and sales person Brian C For every shutting down and turning on the power we were charged by power company (TNMP) which made together $384.36 instead of one charge $128.12. We were told that the money will be paid back but till today nothing and nobody contacts us even though we sent the bill. This is just part of the problem. During installation of 2 power walls one of them has light indicator not working. Installer informed us that it is just upgrading. Week after that I called headquarter in Austin complaining about whole process. I was switched to Mark Mariano to whom I addressed the issues. October 21st I sent an email to Mark M about power wall light issue. NO answer. Text message. No answer. Call. No answer. So, I called Tesla technical support. They checked my power wall through the app. and informed me that my batteries are drained to 0% for 4 days already and after 10 days they will be nothing but garbage. I told them that I was not allowed to turn system on by FREEDOM SOLAR POWER because process of all inspections was not finished. After speaking with Colton I turned the power on. Now I am waiting for front panel replacement. I was promised to receive over 1200.00 check after installation and now I cannot even get reimbursement for the power shot of and on. I still get more bills from Electric Power Company and do not know what it is for. NOBODY EVER EXPLAINED ANYTHING. Now I am really worry about warranty service if needed.

Philip Warren Austin, TX

Great install experience and knowledgable staff. Very efficient panels which better used the available space on our roof.

Bill Hornbuckle Bebe, TX

Dependable, thorough, high quality work, company has been in business for a long time, reasonable price, not cheap but not the most expensive

Thomas Guice Harker Heights, TX

The tax credit in not explained in depth, especially when signing for the loan and the repayment that is needed, to when you will actually receive your tax credit funds.

Austin Austin, TX

Good quality equipment and helpful customer service. They were quick to respond and helped me navigate the power restoration process.

Anonymous Boerne, TX

I am glad I went with them. I liked the sales guy. They were clean when they had it installed. Nothing was damaged. It was a good experience.

Mccollough Austin, TX

There were a couple of communication breakdowns where I wasn’t notified of certain things. In general though they work good and I haven’t had any real issues.

Rocha Boerne, TX

I highly recommend this company. The product is high quality. It was put up quick and easy and they have been prompt and professional.

Chumlea Austin, TX

It seems to be working well. Customer support has been receptive and attentive. I have recommended them to several other people.

Anonymous Austin, TX

System is consistent and very accurate. It is always producing what was guaranteed. All the individuals have been very professional.

Schulwolf Austin, TX

Overall the experience with freedom solar has been positive. Everything seems to be working. Everybody has been excellent. I would recommend them to others.

Olan Boerne, TX

It's working like it is supposed to and it looks better than other solar panels I’ve seen around. Any issues are responded to quickly.

Joseph Boerne, TX

The system is reliable and it does it’s job. I am waiting on the software application to monitor the system but that is the only complaint. It has all gone well.

Ruthie McNeely Dallas, TX

No dislikes.Very detailed professional efficient informative thru each phase inc. ALL employees & 😃 besides👍Slowest part of whole process is inspections & approvals by state,city,etc

Abraham Navarro Humble, TX

We chose Freedom Solar from 5 other installers because of their pricing, no pressure quote and quality Sunpower panels. We haven't paid a light bill in a year. Our account balance with Reliant has been in credit status from the start. We earned $-305.93 in credit last summer(8/21/20) and $-161.29 in credit this winter (2/24/21). Needless to say were extremely satisfied and recommend Freedom Solar.

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

Hi Abraham - We are so happy to hear that you've had such a wonderful experience with the Freedom team and your system! Thank you for your recommendation and congrats on going solar!

Mar. 25th, 2021

Kevin Peterson Los Banos, CA

freedom came out and installed 4kw worth of panels, explained the cost and if I find that they estimated the wrong number of panels they would add panels at their cost guarantied for 25 years and the people were very friendly. soon as PG&E does check a person from freedom will be with them and will instruct me on care and proper use of the system

Reply from Freedom Solar Power

We're so happy you had such a great experience - congrats on going solar!

Mar. 17th, 2021

Michele Meza Planada, CA

Freedom forever is fantastic! I recommend them to my friends coworkers and anybody that is interested in solar panels . They care about how you feel and help in any way by explaining the steps of the whole process installing solar panels.. The staff are all wonderful. The people that came to my house to install the panels answer all my questions. It was the best decision I made for me and my family . I want to thank the Freedom staffs .