Fastrac Solar Logo

Fastrac Solar

LAST UPDATED: November 30th, 2022

Fastrac Solar (also known as Fastrac Energy Services) provides solar contracting expertise to residential clients looking to reduce monthly utility bills and carbon footprint impact while utilizing renewable, clean energy. From start to finish, Fastrac Solar will lead clients through every phase of solar system installation.

In 2019, experienced solar professional Jordan Fruge founded Fastrac Energy Services. Prior to founding Fastrac, Fruge worked as the CMO of Sunnova Energy, a tier-1 solar manufacturer. Before working on the manufacturing side, Fruge helped found SunCap Financial, a solar-specific financing company that helped residential clients fund custom solar projects.

Fruge combined his experience working on the solar financial side of the industry with his manufacturing solar expertise to create an operation responsible for comprehensive solar contracting solutions.

Each client who utilizes Fastrac Solar will have access to a free energy assessment prior to any work being done. This assessment will determine how much equipment is needed and what savings the client can anticipate. This assessment is also the start of the design process, which allows for each system to be entirely customized to the structure and the energy needs of the property itself.

The Good

• Scalable Installations
  • No Upfront Costs
  • Wide Service Area

Scalable Installations

Installing solar systems in a timely fashion is not the only installation specialty of Fastrac Solar. Providing a potentially scalable service is another reason Fastrac Solar stands out from its competition.

Adding to a current solar system is simply not a service that all installation companies are capable of. However with Fastrac Solar, clients who need more power can turn to their solar contractor to increase their ability to produce clean solar energy.

No Upfront Costs

The cost of having a solar system installed is often the hold up for interested solar clients. With Fastrac Solar, this concern can virtually be eliminated as a solar system can be installed for as little as $0 down.

If financing the system, monthly payments can be reduced with tax incentives. It is uncommon for solar installation companies to provide any pricing information in regards to equipment costs or installation fees. Because Fastrac Solar discloses potential fees, prospective solar clients can get a better idea of how the financial aspect of the service can be structured.

Wide Service Area

Impressively, Fastrac Solar operates in three states. A vast majority of solar installation companies offer a local service, meaning only projects within one state or a select few cities/counties can be serviced by one solar installation company.

Currently, Fastrac Solar conducts solar installations in Texas, California, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Nevada. By offering services in multiple states, Fastrac Solar is able to service more clients looking to access a clean, renewable energy source.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Equipment Information
  • Missing NAPCEP Certification Verification
  • Limited Customer Reviews

Undisclosed Equipment Information

While Fastrac Solar has made claims that each system can be customized to the needs of the client, information regarding what equipment Fastrac actually has access to is not disclosed.

Most solar installation companies make it a point to highlight what solar manufacturers it works with as researching clients are interested in knowing. Despite this being the industry norm, Fastrac Solar has not specifically verified what equipment, brands, or technology is used in its installations. Interested clients will have to go through the energy assessment process to learn what equipment is available for panel, inverter, and energy storage installation.

Missing NABCEP Certification Verification

The North American Board of Certified Energy Professionals is widely regarded as the gold standard certification organization within the renewable energy field. Many solar installation companies make it a point to have at least one NABCEP-certified professional on staff overseeing all installation work. In order to obtain certification, a number of skills are tested as well as knowledge of solar industry specifics.

NABCEP certification is not required to conduct installations, but it goes a long way in demonstrating a level of craftsmanship and expertise. While Fastrac Solar may be licensed to carry out solar installations in Texas, California, and Nevada, that is not the same as obtaining solar-specific certification.

Limited Customer Reviews

As of 2022, we currently don't have any Fastrac Energy Services reviews, so we can't speak to how customers feel about their experience with the solar company.

Typically, reviews help potential clients get a feel for the quality of customer service, the efficiency of the installation process, and other factors related to cost and overall experience working with the company.

The Bottom Line

Fastrac Solar provides solar contracting services to clients looking for customized solutions tailored to their property. When clients hire Fastrac Solar, they are getting a professional install service that includes the ability to scale the system.

Those concerned with solar system installation costs can rest assured that with Fastrac Solar, $0 is required upfront to get the solar system installation process rolling. The Fastrac Solar service exists and operates throughout five states: Texas, California, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Nevada.

Determining what solar contractor to use is an important decision, and not one many prospective solar clients take lightly. Critically analyzing the service Fastrac Solar provides, it is evident that there are limitations associated with the operation. Despite claims of offering a truly customized service, there is no equipment information provided by Fastrac Solar.

While Fastrac Solar offers a streamlined solar power service, clients should contact a company representative to get answers to important questions about products and warranties.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
Fastrac Solar

Since 2019, Fastrac Energy Services has helped thousands of homeowners lower their electric bill with cleaner, more affordable energy. Solar power and energy storage are the future for all homes. We’re ready to help you take control of your utility bills today!

2.8

Alex San Angelo, TX

The equipment that they're using is definitely very good. I felt like uh, the information that was given makes me feel like they're really premium quality panels. I'm pretty particular about what would be going on my roof and the prior company that I was talking to about panels, they weren't as good. The process was really smooth. There was the inspector that came out and he was the first person that I had talked to because I only wanted them on the backside of my house and he said yeah, that's completely fine. I'm very glad that I took the day off when the installation was actually happening, because I saw that they were getting ready to put them on the front of my house as I told them that I didn't want them there. So we had to stop work for a little bit. I had to call their engineering guy and just tell him that I didn't want them on the front of my house like I had originally said. But after that was figured out, they were completely fine with only putting them on the back of my house. You have to be here to make sure that things go accordingly. I'm having issues with my application on my phone. The Solar Edge, it's pretty good for the most part. The only thing is that the layout of my panels doesn't have the shape of my house, it's just the straight line. It would be cool to have them laid out as they are on my roof, that way I can see which ones are producing more or less. Everything else has been pretty good. They worked with me really well.

Mario Pharr, TX

Chose Fastrac for the price. Installation went smoothly and it didn't take that long. I don't know if it's a Fastrac issue or what because I'm paying the same as I was paying before when I didn't have the solar panels. I already called Fastrac and they told me that supposedly there's nothing wrong with the solar panels. But then what was the point of getting solar panels if I'm paying the same amount as before? So I don't know if it's an issue with you guys or not.

Tim Amarillo, TX

When I was having the system installed, I could not get in contact with anybody. They need to have a direct line for the customers to reach the company. I sent e-mails, texts, and I called - all with no response. I had to call Vivint and let them try to contact y'all in order to get the service I needed. There are times when my system looks like it's working and then, and then times when there is no power generation. But they told me that would happen for the first couple of months. So far it's working good. They showed up to install the system, they did a survey, and said they would be out the next day. They did not show up for the next month and a half or so. And then, when they did show up, they did some of the installation and told me it was active - but it turned out it wasn't. They had to come back and take it down because the inspector said they didn't do it correctly. It ended up taking longer again because they didn't get their approval from the city to turn it on. The panels were outside my house for about 3 weeks before they showed up again to fix it, and then after they showed up, I had to wait another three weeks for the city to approve it so it was a hustle.

Armando Laredo, TX

They deliver and they did everything. Every time I call they answer and give me solutions. I don't think I'm producing as much energy as I was supposed to. I guess somebody miscalculated how many panels should have been installed. I was hoping that they would have handled that. I am paying more than I was told I would pay.

Atilano Lubbock, TX

We have not seen the difference in our in our electric bill. I know that they told us that in the winter time we could probably see some results, but so far we haven't seen any. So we're kind of disappointed. The panels went up pretty quick, but the approval part took forever. One guy came out and he tied it in and and when the the city came out to inspect it, it did not pass inspection. So it took another month before anybody else came out to to fix what was what was incorrect. We were given a lot of promises that weren't fulfilled.

Lindsey Abilene, TX

It took six months for us to get the solar panels working, and then an inverter has gone out three different times. They've had to come back and replace it and some of those times it's taken a month to get them up and running again. We still are still paying two bills right now. Almost almost every time that I've called and they said that they're going to send somebody out and then that person doesn't come out. I've always had to call back and they're just like, OK, we'll call you back tomorrow or we'll call you back at 5:00 today and then they never called. The last time that they came out, they were like, you have 31 panels and only eight of them were even turned on.

John Houston, TX

I didn't make any money this year on my panels, they didn't provide me any return of my investment. There was miscommunication about the buyback program that I wanted. I thought I was enrolled, but I wasn't, I finally got it on track, but now that its winter I won't see any benefits. The easy part was getting it delivered, getting it installed, taking care of my home, not making a mess, getting it done on the first time. I was frustrated with the communication, I kept getting redirected to different departments and it took a long time.

Charlotte San Angelo, TX

Anytime I called I got an answering machine, I never have gotten answers to questions that I've had. I'm really not satisfied with my solar right now. They installed it before they even had permission or even talked to my electric company, so they kind of jumped the gun. Once they installed it, my electric company came out and locked it out. They didn't have all their ducks in a row before they installed. I don't think I'm getting the best quality equipment because I'm still having to pay for an electric bill, when they told me that I wouldn't. They said that I would generate enough electricity that I wouldn't have electric bill and I'm still paying anywhere from a $200 to $300 electric bill on top of having to pay for the solar system.

Scott Beaumont, TX

Everything looks really clean on the side of the house and on the roof. Installing the system went well, it just took a lot longer than I thought it was going to take. I think I was expecting it to take maybe 5 to 6 days and they ended up taking 5 to 6 months.

Tamara Canyon, TX

Well, mostly we didn't investigate this company enough and we never got our $10,000 back at the end of the first year. We also didn't understand it was going to take a long time to start seeing any benefit from it. And none of that was explained up front so, which is the salesman's issue that he didn't tell us things that were important to know. Then this year, we finally saw some benefits, but it's still not as much as we were expecting based on what he said. So anyway, that's how I feel about my solar panels. I'll be paying for them till I die. The guys that came to install the panels were very nice and professional. I don't think we had any issues with them. So far, we haven't seen that much benefit. We had three months where we didn't have an electric bill, but the other months, there hasn't been a lot of difference price wise from what we usually had. We didn't even realize we were working with Fastrac Solar. We thought we would only be dealing with Vivint and our sales representative who promised us an extra doorbell to go with our our security system we've already purchased from Vivint. We never got that, so the whole experience with him was very disappointing and it's sad that that's how we look at it now. It was a disappointing and costly experience.

Ashley La Marque, TX

It seemed to go quickly and smoothly. The technicians were able to troubleshoot and fixed any problems of arose that day and there wasn't any big problems and they didn't mess up my roof. Their representative got back to me rather quickly when I had a question.

Madeline San Angelo, TX

I've just had a really poor experience, I've complained several times and no one's ever gotten back to me. It's been a pretty poor choice. We've spoken to lawyers trying to get out of this and we weren't able to. We're really frustrated with our solar. It doesn't cover anything. We are paying twice as much now, so now we still have an electricity bill and now we have a solar bill, so we pay twice what we should have.

Francisco Houston, TX

The installation process went good, no problem. They have to get better at their communication and customer service. Their response to customers is terrible. They give you one phone number, you call that number, they tell you they'll call you back. When you call them again, then they tell you, oh, you called the wrong number- it's just terrible. The communication was horrible.

Gabino Hereford, TX

I was told that it would lower our electric bill, but it hasn't. It has given me a lot of problems. I've had a lot of issues since I've gotten this. I was told I was supposed to get more panels than I got, and after speaking with the electric company they say the panels that I have are not equivalent to cover the amount that I use. A lot of times that they don't answer their phone and they don't call back.

Anonymous Los Fresnos, TX

It thought solar from Fastrac would work, but it did not. The inverter for the solar system stopped working in July and I did not get the new inverter installed until September 17, which was two months and some before they reacted to the issue. And then it only worked for two weeks. I got back in contact with them and the solar system barely started working again on the 18th of November, 2022. I'm not satisfied because they do not respond in a timely manner and they do not follow up. I was the one that had to be calling them constantly to be able to get results from the solar installation.

Karen Bedford, TX

I wish customer service would answer their phone more often. The process was fine, done quickly. I thought it was going to lower my electric bill, but it didn't.

Zeeshan Spring, TX

Installation process went really bad. They forgot to bring a couple of things, then they came back after like 2-3 weeks. They were supposed to have it installed within a day or two, but it took them for around 2-3 weeks and they kept coming back and forth until it worked.

Rebecca San Angelo, TX

They were very quick, very thorough, friendly and they cleaned up after themselves.

Mathias Robert Lee, TX

Customer service has been lousy, poor, bad. They broke my trim on my house. Don't do what they told me they would do, don't call me back like they told me they would. I'm very unsatisfied, very unpleased.

Steven Sour Lake, TX

I wasn't there for installation, but it was pretty quick. The equipment works.

Michael Weatherford, TX

They treated me properly. Install was good. It was clean.

Rachel Amarillo, TX

The solar panels went on great, but the box in the energy company was horrible. Your company is hard to get ahold of.

Randy Anson, TX

They didn't install it where they said they were going to. We made a mistake choosing Fastrac.