Equisolar

verified

Equisolar

verified
Founded in 1999 , Equisolar services California, Florida, and Texas

Founded in 1999, Equisolar provides solar services in California, Florida, and Texas. The company believes in creating quality relationships with its clients from day one. Equisolar's advisors work to determine the right solar solution for each home based on roof size, type of shingles, electricity bills, and seasonal consumption. The company's aim is to deliver the most accurate information possible to help its clients make an informed choice. Equisolar also offers in-house electrical consulting, design, engineering, and construction services.

#1 Sungevity Logo Sungevity ›

9.4

Overall
Score

#2 Sunrun Logo Sunrun ›

9.3

Overall
Score

#3 Elevation Solar Logo Elevation Solar ›

8.7

Overall
Score

#15 Equisolar Logo Equisolar ›

7.0

Overall
Score

The Good

• Solar Ownership
  • Customer Service

Solar Ownership

Equisolar offers outright purchases and loans in an effort to help customers take advantage of the benefits of solar ownership.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Equisolar currently only offers its services California, Florida, and Texas. While being a local business has its own benefits, it also limits the number of customers who have access to the company's products and services.

The Bottom Line

Equisolar is a solar energy provider that offers payment options that result in solar ownership for the homeowner. However, the company only operates in California, Florida, and Texas.

View Best Solar Companies

steve mejia
April 5th, 2019 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS

Thanks Andrea you really do a great job than you so much EQUISOLAR

Apr 08, 2019

Thank you Steve, let us know if we can do anything for you again in the future.

Pauli
March 14th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I really recommend equisolar. great service and very professional. Great work, thank you.

Apr 04, 2019

Thank you Pauli! Let us know if you need anything.

Amanda
March 14th, 2019 Canoga Park, CA DETAILS

Excellent company, excellent staff, I am completely happy with the work done in my house. I recommend Equisolar. Thak you.

Apr 04, 2019

Thank you, Amanda we're so pleased you choose us for your solar project.

Silvester O
March 11th, 2019 Van Nuys, CA

I have been contemplating for over two years on getting some solar panels but honestly did not understand how the whole thing worked. After having a small conversation with Bryan i was immediately comfortable and asked the questions that have been preventing me going solar. Highly recommend Equisolar, i now have my panels and have a sense of alleviation in my electric bill.

Apr 04, 2019

Thank you for your review, we're happy to have helped you go solar!

Giselle Marie
February 28th, 2019 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS

Incredibly happy with my solar panel installation thanks to Equisolar! I would highly recommend if you plan on having a solar system installed. This is the place to call. Great professional service done by this company!

Apr 04, 2019

That's great to hear. let us know if you need anything moving forward.

Michael C
February 28th, 2019 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS

Thanks to Equisolar and their Solar System installation I am saving more money than i ever have before. I would highly recommend this great company! Very professional and easy to work with.

Apr 04, 2019

Cheers! Welcome to the Equisolar family!

bigchillin
February 19th, 2019 Durant, OK

great company... never had a problem with them or any issues what so ever. charles b is the man to talk to. He helped me through the whole process of getting my account setup and through the install. I believe he is one of the best in his line of work. best costumer service I have ever recieved.

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, please let us know if you need anything additional in the future.

Andrew F
February 19th, 2019 Pacoima, CA DETAILS

Equisolars customer service is top of the line. Eric will move heaven and earth to make sure that you are satisfied and I have nothing but good things to say about his staff. When my tax guy told me how much my tax credit Ibam eligible for I could not beleive it. Im looking forward to installation and will be send my refferrals to Equisolar!!!

Feb 21, 2019

Hello Andrew, we appreciate your kind words. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we're always here to help!

Mario Frontuto
February 19th, 2019 Mission Hills, CA DETAILS

I recently helped my parents in Los Angeles shop for a Solar Company and it was important for me to feel like I hired someone who is not going to be reliable and strong with communication.. I called in and spoke to Andrew and he was completely professional and knowlegeable. We had our system turned on in the summer of 18 and my parents were able to take advantage of a huge tax credit upwards of 3K. We are totally happy and will be using Equisolar again when its tome for me to go green.

Feb 21, 2019

Mario, thank you for your review. We are glad to have helped you and your family find a solar solution, feel free to reach out to us if you need anything moving forward.

rafael Juarez
February 19th, 2019 Granada Hills, CA DETAILS

Wow what a great company there did everything I needed and more!

Feb 21, 2019

Thanks Rafael, we're glad we made you happy. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Eddy M
February 19th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I recently used Equisolar to install my home with a solar panel system (7.6 kw LG's with a SolarEdge Inverter) and I marveled at the level of care and professionalism taken throughout the entire process. The Equisolar team is well trained, friendly and prompt to answer any questions or concerns I had. One small hiccup we had was with the installers bringing too little conduit for the install but these guys work in a team so the had one of the installers run out and grab the needed conduit and they were able to complete my install in the same afternoon. I appreciated the hustle since I didn’t want workers on my roof for several days if it could be avoided. All in all, I am very satisfied with their work and service and would recommend checking with these guys first when you’re ready to make the switch to solar.

Carol
November 27th, 2018 Newberry Springs, CA DETAILS

They do not deserve 1 star but it had to be put in to accept this review. Do not do business with them. Salesmen make false claims to get you to sign and service is horrible. Lies are told to keep you pacified until they have their money and then they have no interest,

Raidermurf
November 2nd, 2018 Pittsburg, CA DETAILS

All good except the installation, It just took forever, they would get 5 stars if it weren't for that. Fortunately for me I'm retired. and was available when they finally came and completed the job.

Feb 21, 2019

Sorry to hear about the slow installation, we take notes like yours seriously. Thank you for your honest words.

Michael D
June 4th, 2018 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS

Great experience! They really turned my complaint into a positive outcome!

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you Michael, we're proud to have served you!

Steve Crossman
February 12th, 2018 Willits, CA DETAILS

INCOMPETENT AND DISHONEST! Unfortunately, I did not read the reviews on this company before signing the contract. Installation did not start until five months after signing. I scheduled a day off from work on the day the installers were supposed to arrive. However, they arrived in the afternoon the day before they were scheduled. I received a phone call at work from my wife saying that the installers were told to place the panels on the east side of the roof, which is the shaded side of the roof. We live on a steep hillside that slopes up to the east. There are dense woods on this hillside. The tree line along the east side of the house starts fifteen feet from our house. The base of the trees are at the height of the edge of our roof. Most of the trees are fir trees that grow straight up 100 feet tall. Guess what? These trees and the hillside completely shade the roof of the house until noon. This is when the east-facing panels should be most efficient if they were not shaded. The west-facing panels are the first to get any sunlight and then are in full sun the rest of the day. For this reason, I had expected and had been led to believe that the panels would be placed on the west side of the roof. So, while still at work, I called the Equisolar office and spoke to Ahmad, who referred to himself as an "engineer" and who said that the "shade study" done by the company, which is located 600 miles away from our house, indicated that the panels should be placed on the east side. I explained the shading from the trees. He did not get it. Maybe he does not understand that tree trunks, branches, and leaves block the light. Maybe he thinks trees are transparent. The installers, who were subcontractors, were not allowed to give their opinion. Having waited five months already and knowing that the installers had travelled a very long distance, I agreed to a compromise proposed by Ahmad, the "engineer", to place half of the panels on the east and half on the west. Since then, I have been on the roof to document the amount of shading on each bank of panels at various times throughout the day and the corresponding electrical output readings of the system at each of those times. This data clearly shows that the panels on the east side of the roof are a waste of my money. I included all of this date in a very detailed email to the company. I received no response from the company for several weeks, so I called and was able to speak to Ahmad. He acknowledged that he had read my email. He agreed to send a "technician" to the house to "make sure everything was working properly." My wife reports that this "technician" arrived midday and did check out the system. I called the next day to talk to Ahmad to get a report on whether the system was working properly. He said that the report was not ready. It was also not ready the day after that, but Ahmad assured me that he would call me on the weekend or on Monday to give me the results of the report. He did not call as promised. I finally was able to speak to him on Thursday. He said he would pull up the report while we were on the phone. Remember that he said he was sending the "technician" to check out the system to make sure everything was working properly? The first words out of his mouth were, "Mr. Crossman, you do not have a shading issue." At this point, I blew up. There is no person on this earth who is not a complete idiot who would believe that there is no shading issue. It is clear from satellite photos that there are dense woods to the east of the house. I had already explained verbally and in writing that the trees are 100 feet tall. It was now clear that Ahmad was clearly trying to avoid responsibility for his mistake. I gave him a piece of my mind without using profanity and told him that I am done talking with him. I let him know that I would be writing this review and that I would be filing a lawsuit if the company did not agree to move the panels to the west side of the roof and to repair the roof on the east side. I hung up the phone. Ahmad called back immediately after that to try to get me on the phone again. He called numerous times. He finally left a voicemail saying that I had not let him finish what he was saying and that he had a "solution" to propose. I am not interested in hearing any "solution" other than making things right by moving the panels to the sunny side of the roof. If he claims that there is no shading issue, his "solution" obviously does not involve taking responsibility and placing the panels where I said they needed to be in the first place. This is the morning after that phone call. We will see if there is someone at the company who does have the integrity to take responsibility and do the right thing. However, Ahmad is definitely not that person. I do not believe that he is an engineer, and I do not believe that he knows what he is doing.

Ismael Jeremias
December 18th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I would like to recommend this company to anyone interested in going solar. From sale to finish it was a smooth process and customer service made sure to keep me up to date with everything! Huge thanks to Eric for coming through with all his promises

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you for the kind and honest review, let us know if you need anything moving forward.

Melissa Lopez
December 15th, 2017 Northridge, CA DETAILS

I reach out to Equisolar because my electric bill was coming in at about 1k every two months and I just couldnt keep up. They came to me house for a face to face consultation which I loved! Most companies want to do everything over the phone which makes me uncomfortable. The sales process was smooth and then help me with financing and got me the lowest monthly payment possible. My project coordinator josh was always checking in and keeping me in the loop of my project. Installation was smooth and quick! Now I’m just waiting for the end of the year to see all of my savings!!

Feb 21, 2019

I'm glad everything worked out well for you , thank you for choosing Equisolar.

David Lizama
December 11th, 2017 Lancaster, CA DETAILS

Overall I'm very pleased with my experience with Equisolar. This was my first time dealing with solar and as you can imagine I was pretty nervous when it came to choosing a company to put my trust in. I'm very satisfied that I chose this team as they walked me through every step of the way down to post-installation. There are many things I wasn't aware of when it came to going solar but Isaac took the time to explain everything to me from my lease, to everything that's included in my contract, to my warranty. Something I really appreciate is that he was very responsive in answering and returning calls throughout the installation and post-installation processes. I love my solar system and the customer service this company commits is top notch. Definitely recommending to friends and family.

Feb 21, 2019

Hello David, glad we left you satisfied. Thank you for choosing Equisolar.

Vanessa Hernandez
December 8th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

This is a great company to get Solar from. They gave me a great deal and are definitely customer friendly. I definitely recommend!

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you Vanessa, it was a pleasure serving you.

Andrea Hernandez
December 7th, 2017 Palmdale, CA DETAILS

Hands down the best solar company I have dealt with. My electricity bill is the lowest it's ever been, and I got to keep all my incentives for going solar. Would definitely recommend! Eric made the process very easy.

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you Andrea! We're glad we could help you save by going solar. Let us know if you need anything from us in the future.

Enrique Hernandez
December 7th, 2017 Littlerock, CA DETAILS

Best company I could have chosen. Installation was very fast and professional. Isaac managed my project and went out of his way!!!

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you Enrique, Isaac is one our best! I'm sure he'll be happy to know you had nice things to say about him, let us know if you need anything moving forward.

William Tuck
August 21st, 2017 California City, CA

What a Nightmare . Equisolar has never come out and kept up our solar panels. They won't answer our phone calls.They refused to accept our certified letter. Our panels are not working and we have lost several hundred dollars. Stay away from this Company. Were looking for an Attorney? Also planning on filing a complaint with the state contractors board. If they will accept it for not keeping up there Guarantee.

Rick Hazen
July 24th, 2017 Ridgecrest, CA

You people suck I had an array installed and it does not put out what it is supposed to and when I call your company you won't even respond you suck!!!!!

Carrol Jagger
February 9th, 2017

hooked up the solar incorrectly. So for 5 months it did not produce power to the inverter. Did not give me data monitoring when it was included in the contract. Do not return telephone calls timely. And currently, leak number 3 in the roof above my mother's bedroom. I understand they cannot repair immediately, but I do expect a return phone call. I have called, texted, and emailed for the last 3 days, and I still have not spoken with a person.

Michael Thompson
August 7th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

I was very pleased with the customer service and finance options I recieved. Most companies I've talk to only gave me a lease option. Equisolar offered me many purchase options at very low interest rates. I ended up taking a 5 year loan with no interest it's been a few months since my system has been turned on and noticed that my bill dropped by 75% and it was exactly what they said it would I'm very pleased and will recommend them to my family and friends

Bill Tuck Jr
August 6th, 2016 Hesperia, CA

First off it took nine months for them to get my project done. They did a poor job of working with the county inspector. That was a huge headache. I received a $7000. IRS Tax rebate. I was given false information about how to get the rebate over five years. I was treated badly by there accountant who actually did not know how it worked. It was actually easy. I looked it up on the IRS web site. So I did get the Rebate. It's a simple form. You only need your contract with them as proof. Fortunately they had a subcontractor do the work. Those guys were great. Since I no longer trusted Equisolar I gave the head person who installed my system a $50. Tip and asked him to show me how to operate the System. Money well spent! As the project went along I went out and dug the manuals out of the trash they left behind. Equisolar to date (five months) has never cleaned my Panels as promised and they never came out and inspected the subcontractor's work. They never explained my system to me. Finally I have never contacted them again. I got on line and educated myself about my system. I hope I never have to contact them? I would be afraid to let them touch my System. Everything is working Great. They did make my payments till my power was turned on. Save yourself a lot of trouble and don't use Equisolar. Overall A group of people who don't know what there doing and don't care about there customers.