Equisolar

Equisolar Logo

3.7

Equisolar

Founded in 2013, Equisolar services the state of California

Founded in 2013, Equisolar provides solar services to residents of California. The company's goal is to deliver quality craftsmanship using renewable, sustainable materials. Equisolar offers in-house electrical consulting, design, engineering, and construction services.

#1 Sungevity Logo Sungevity ›

9.2

Overall
Score

#2 Solar Energy World Logo Solar Energy World ›

8.5

Overall
Score

#3 Sunrun Logo Sunrun ›

8.0

Overall
Score

#48 Equisolar Logo Equisolar ›

3.7

Overall
Score

The Good

• Solar Ownership
  • Customer Service

Solar Ownership

Equisolar offers outright purchases and loans in an effort to help customers take advantage of the benefits of solar ownership.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Equisolar currently only offers its services California. While being a local business has its own benefits, it also limits the number of customers who have access to the company's products and services.

The Bottom Line

Equisolar is a solar energy provider that offers payment options that result in solar ownership for the homeowner. However, the company only operates in California.

View Best Solar Companies

3.3

Michael D
June 4th, 2018 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS

Great experience! They really turned my complaint into a positive outcome!

Steve Crossman
February 12th, 2018 Willits, CA DETAILS

INCOMPETENT AND DISHONEST! Unfortunately, I did not read the reviews on this company before signing the contract. Installation did not start until five months after signing. I scheduled a day off from work on the day the installers were supposed to arrive. However, they arrived in the afternoon the day before they were scheduled. I received a phone call at work from my wife saying that the installers were told to place the panels on the east side of the roof, which is the shaded side of the roof. We live on a steep hillside that slopes up to the east. There are dense woods on this hillside. The tree line along the east side of the house starts fifteen feet from our house. The base of the trees are at the height of the edge of our roof. Most of the trees are fir trees that grow straight up 100 feet tall. Guess what? These trees and the hillside completely shade the roof of the house until noon. This is when the east-facing panels should be most efficient if they were not shaded. The west-facing panels are the first to get any sunlight and then are in full sun the rest of the day. For this reason, I had expected and had been led to believe that the panels would be placed on the west side of the roof. So, while still at work, I called the Equisolar office and spoke to Ahmad, who referred to himself as an "engineer" and who said that the "shade study" done by the company, which is located 600 miles away from our house, indicated that the panels should be placed on the east side. I explained the shading from the trees. He did not get it. Maybe he does not understand that tree trunks, branches, and leaves block the light. Maybe he thinks trees are transparent. The installers, who were subcontractors, were not allowed to give their opinion. Having waited five months already and knowing that the installers had travelled a very long distance, I agreed to a compromise proposed by Ahmad, the "engineer", to place half of the panels on the east and half on the west. Since then, I have been on the roof to document the amount of shading on each bank of panels at various times throughout the day and the corresponding electrical output readings of the system at each of those times. This data clearly shows that the panels on the east side of the roof are a waste of my money. I included all of this date in a very detailed email to the company. I received no response from the company for several weeks, so I called and was able to speak to Ahmad. He acknowledged that he had read my email. He agreed to send a "technician" to the house to "make sure everything was working properly." My wife reports that this "technician" arrived midday and did check out the system. I called the next day to talk to Ahmad to get a report on whether the system was working properly. He said that the report was not ready. It was also not ready the day after that, but Ahmad assured me that he would call me on the weekend or on Monday to give me the results of the report. He did not call as promised. I finally was able to speak to him on Thursday. He said he would pull up the report while we were on the phone. Remember that he said he was sending the "technician" to check out the system to make sure everything was working properly? The first words out of his mouth were, "Mr. Crossman, you do not have a shading issue." At this point, I blew up. There is no person on this earth who is not a complete idiot who would believe that there is no shading issue. It is clear from satellite photos that there are dense woods to the east of the house. I had already explained verbally and in writing that the trees are 100 feet tall. It was now clear that Ahmad was clearly trying to avoid responsibility for his mistake. I gave him a piece of my mind without using profanity and told him that I am done talking with him. I let him know that I would be writing this review and that I would be filing a lawsuit if the company did not agree to move the panels to the west side of the roof and to repair the roof on the east side. I hung up the phone. Ahmad called back immediately after that to try to get me on the phone again. He called numerous times. He finally left a voicemail saying that I had not let him finish what he was saying and that he had a "solution" to propose. I am not interested in hearing any "solution" other than making things right by moving the panels to the sunny side of the roof. If he claims that there is no shading issue, his "solution" obviously does not involve taking responsibility and placing the panels where I said they needed to be in the first place. This is the morning after that phone call. We will see if there is someone at the company who does have the integrity to take responsibility and do the right thing. However, Ahmad is definitely not that person. I do not believe that he is an engineer, and I do not believe that he knows what he is doing.

Ismael Jeremias
December 18th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I would like to recommend this company to anyone interested in going solar. From sale to finish it was a smooth process and customer service made sure to keep me up to date with everything! Huge thanks to Eric for coming through with all his promises

Melissa Lopez
December 15th, 2017 Northridge, CA DETAILS

I reach out to Equisolar because my electric bill was coming in at about 1k every two months and I just couldnt keep up. They came to me house for a face to face consultation which I loved! Most companies want to do everything over the phone which makes me uncomfortable. The sales process was smooth and then help me with financing and got me the lowest monthly payment possible. My project coordinator josh was always checking in and keeping me in the loop of my project. Installation was smooth and quick! Now I’m just waiting for the end of the year to see all of my savings!!

David Lizama
December 11th, 2017 Lancaster, CA DETAILS

Overall I'm very pleased with my experience with Equisolar. This was my first time dealing with solar and as you can imagine I was pretty nervous when it came to choosing a company to put my trust in. I'm very satisfied that I chose this team as they walked me through every step of the way down to post-installation. There are many things I wasn't aware of when it came to going solar but Isaac took the time to explain everything to me from my lease, to everything that's included in my contract, to my warranty. Something I really appreciate is that he was very responsive in answering and returning calls throughout the installation and post-installation processes. I love my solar system and the customer service this company commits is top notch. Definitely recommending to friends and family.

Vanessa Hernandez
December 8th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

This is a great company to get Solar from. They gave me a great deal and are definitely customer friendly. I definitely recommend!

Enrique Hernandez
December 7th, 2017 Littlerock, CA DETAILS

Best company I could have chosen. Installation was very fast and professional. Isaac managed my project and went out of his way!!!

Andrea Hernandez
December 7th, 2017 Palmdale, CA DETAILS

Hands down the best solar company I have dealt with. My electricity bill is the lowest it's ever been, and I got to keep all my incentives for going solar. Would definitely recommend! Eric made the process very easy.

William Tuck
August 21st, 2017 California City, CA

What a Nightmare . Equisolar has never come out and kept up our solar panels. They won't answer our phone calls.They refused to accept our certified letter. Our panels are not working and we have lost several hundred dollars. Stay away from this Company. Were looking for an Attorney? Also planning on filing a complaint with the state contractors board. If they will accept it for not keeping up there Guarantee.

Rick Hazen
July 24th, 2017 Ridgecrest, CA

You people suck I had an array installed and it does not put out what it is supposed to and when I call your company you won't even respond you suck!!!!!

Carrol Jagger
February 9th, 2017

hooked up the solar incorrectly. So for 5 months it did not produce power to the inverter. Did not give me data monitoring when it was included in the contract. Do not return telephone calls timely. And currently, leak number 3 in the roof above my mother's bedroom. I understand they cannot repair immediately, but I do expect a return phone call. I have called, texted, and emailed for the last 3 days, and I still have not spoken with a person.

Michael Thompson
August 7th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

I was very pleased with the customer service and finance options I recieved. Most companies I've talk to only gave me a lease option. Equisolar offered me many purchase options at very low interest rates. I ended up taking a 5 year loan with no interest it's been a few months since my system has been turned on and noticed that my bill dropped by 75% and it was exactly what they said it would I'm very pleased and will recommend them to my family and friends

Bill Tuck Jr
August 6th, 2016 Hesperia, CA

First off it took nine months for them to get my project done. They did a poor job of working with the county inspector. That was a huge headache. I received a $7000. IRS Tax rebate. I was given false information about how to get the rebate over five years. I was treated badly by there accountant who actually did not know how it worked. It was actually easy. I looked it up on the IRS web site. So I did get the Rebate. It's a simple form. You only need your contract with them as proof. Fortunately they had a subcontractor do the work. Those guys were great. Since I no longer trusted Equisolar I gave the head person who installed my system a $50. Tip and asked him to show me how to operate the System. Money well spent! As the project went along I went out and dug the manuals out of the trash they left behind. Equisolar to date (five months) has never cleaned my Panels as promised and they never came out and inspected the subcontractor's work. They never explained my system to me. Finally I have never contacted them again. I got on line and educated myself about my system. I hope I never have to contact them? I would be afraid to let them touch my System. Everything is working Great. They did make my payments till my power was turned on. Save yourself a lot of trouble and don't use Equisolar. Overall A group of people who don't know what there doing and don't care about there customers.