Element Solar

3.2

LAST UPDATED: May 24th, 2022

Element Solar is a Utah-based solar provider that designs and installs residential-grade, commercial-grade, and utility-grade solar panel systems. Founded in 2020, the company also installs high-quality backup battery solutions including the Storz Power system and the Tesla Powerwall.

The Good

• Full-Service Installation
  • Solar Storage Solutions
  • Element Renewables Group
  • NABCEP Certified

Full-Service Installation

Element Solar provides assistance at every step of the installation process:

• Energy Savings Report — The solar provider will calculate the projected savings of switching from traditional electricity to solar power.
  • Approval Process — Element will then determine whether the address qualifies for a solar energy system, as well as identify specific energy needs.
  • Site Survey — Once the necessary documents are signed, Element’s design team will examine the roof and create a customized solar panel array.
  • Permitting — The company will then pull all the necessary permits to ensure the solar PV system is being built to code with the city.
  • Installation — The installation process typically takes between four and ten hours depending on weather and system capacity.
  • Activation — After the system has been inspected by city officials, it will be cleared to interconnect with the city’s utility power grid and homeowners can begin saving on their energy bill.

Solar Storage Solutions

In addition to solar energy systems, Element Solar also provides backup battery solutions from Storz Power and Tesla. These solar batteries allow homeowners to store excess energy their systems produce and use it during the night or in the event of a power outage or other emergency. Both the AI+ Lumin System and the Tesla Powerwall provide access to round-the-clock clean energy and make a seamless addition to any existing solar power system.

Element Renewables Group

Element Solar is also a partner of the Element Renewables Group, a humanitarian organization that provides 250 watts of solar energy to communities in the Philippines with no access to clean water or electricity for every solar installation set up by Element Solar.

NABCEP Certified

Element Solar has been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), an industry-recognized organization that promotes best practices, standards, and solar education through its rigorous certification programs.

The Bad

Limited to Utah

Element Solar only provides residential solar installation services to homeowners in Utah. If you live in Utah, we encourage you to read the latest verified Element Solar reviews to see how the company compares to other leading solar providers in their neighborhood.

The Bottom Line

Although Element Solar is a relatively new player in the solar industry, the company has plenty going for it. Between its quality backup battery solutions and humanitarian efforts, Element Solar has shown it truly cares about giving people access to clean, renewable energy. The company protects its high-quality systems with competitive 25-year warranties. We encourage Utah homeowners to reach out to Element Solar for a free quote.

Message from
Element Solar

Energy That Makes a Difference: For every solar system installed, 250 watts of clean energy goes to the Philippines to islands that do not have electricity or clean water.

Personalized Experience: At Element, you get a personalized experience. Each customer will have an experienced agent who will send them weekly updates and answer any questions they might have. You’re never left in the dark. Element is excellence.

The Future of Power: Take control of how your power is not only being stored but how you’re distributing it. The batteries utilized at Element Solar use an AI technology that allows you to pick and choose where you’re sending your power. Don’t rely on inconsistency with power grids. Implement smart access AI technology and take the power back from the utility company.

For years the local utility companies have dictated not only how power is being consumed, but what we pay. Solar and storage allows you to determine how that power is being consumed and how much you’re paying. Solar allows you to turn your previous liability (utility bill) into an asset.

"We Are Changing the World One Element at a Time"

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

1.9

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

bookmark

Featured Review

Rose Rico Salt Lake City, UT

They knew what they were doing. Very kind.

bookmark

Featured Review

Thomas R Lehi, UT

I love that element is extremely competitive and that they are full service. Also having a 25 year production guarantee is huge!

Jillian Watson Clearwater, FL

Everything started out great and was moving right along until now. Failed two inspections everyone has stopped responding to me it’s been two months without a word from them or a response from multiple calls and messages. I’m very disappointed because everything was going so great. Now I’ve had solar panels on my roof since December but they are not active. Just like everyone else in Florida I seem to be having the same problem. I really hope that they get these panels online soon and can hold up their end of the bargain before legal action needs to be taken.

Bob B. Kuna, ID

Element solar sold me a 10kw system 6 months ago. Collected a large draw from the finance company. I have received 3 calls cancelling and rescheduling. Now they don't answer their phones. To date, my solar has not been installed or work started after being promised multiple times they would be no more delays. This was supposed to have been installed in March.

luke vander woude Aurora, CO

Do not go through these guys. They will just take your money and leave you waiting and not respond to your questions. Installation went great, but its been sitting for 6 weeks waiting for inspection to turn it on. There is no customer support you can get ahold of. I left messages on their phone lines in multiple departments. I emailed the customer service email that had emailed me before and responded, but no response when inquiring about scheduling inspection. Sales guy just emailed me that he just canvasses and has no way of helping on the other side of the business. Not even in the online chat can I get ahold of anyone.

Ryan Lewis Idaho Falls, ID

Long story short we signed a contract a year ago and still don't have a working system. The system we do have was installed incorrectly and we have been in contact with Element trying to get this problem remedied for months. We have been making payments on both our electric bill as well as making payments on the loan for our solar system because Element told the credit union who holds our loan that the job was completed when it has not been. We are at our wits end of how to get the company to fulfill their contractual obligations but now it seems as if they are ghosting us. My sister is also having a similar experience.

Andy Baldwin Lutz, FL

Please read the reviews. I live in Florida and like all these other people signed up for services in June of 2021. Install was in January of 2022........we are now in May and panels still don't work. Tier 2 system that I've been paying extra insurance on for over 6 months, interest starting to compound on the "no payment for 12 month" loan. Communication with the company is no more than excuses. WORST PURCHASE OF MY LIFE. Not because I don't want the solar panels, but because of this company.......Please don't be a fool like me.....do your research, read these other reviews and go with a different provider.

Aron Fehr Largo, FL

By far the worst experience I’ve ever had with any purchase in my entire life. I signed the financial documentation in June of 2021 and the process was painless and the team communicated frequently and walked me through each step. Product arrived and the installation crew was exceptional. Now, it’s May and I haven’t had a final inspection, which obviously means the panels are not powered on. The company has gone silent on me. Multiple phone calls and messages go unanswered. I’m coming up on a year of signing the contract and I don’t have functioning solar panels. Unless you want to torture yourself and your family, I would highly recommend finding another option for your solar panel needs.

Jill S Lewisville, TX

I live in East Texas in a remote area. My electrical costs have continually in greased and I did not see any solution until I heard about Element Solar. We had a system designed and it’s producing enough power to keep from using any electrical supplied power. Thanks Element Solar of Utah

Marianne St. Petersburg, FL

I have Had the worst experience with this company and today 4/8/22 was my limit of patience with them. Oct 2021 system was installed and because of their incompetence with our install our electric company did not approve final inspection. They came back out things were “supposedly” fixed but we have not seen any difference in our energy bill since their “completion.” They reached out yesterday to stop by for a quick check and I was anxious to see what they would say. Well, one whole system of 15panels has been off the whole time on standby because they “forgot” to install an antenna so Utah could read it on their end, which would have diagnosed it right away. On the other system of 32 one is off and may need to be replaced all together. When I asked connect Barbara how this could be she states she is a middle person and Utah has to let them know here in Florida what issues they are seeing. Then I meet others who have been waiting 1.5yrs and their system still is not working. The techs left and stated they didn’t blame me…”it’s been nothing but issues I see.” I would tell anyone who is looking for Solar to research more than we did. This has been such a waste of time and money for us and I would ask that they come remove these from my home. They are not working after 6mths and my patience is gone.

donna epperson Lakeland, FL

Panels were installed in December. The inspection failed because Element sent the wrong design. They resent the correct design but no paperwork so the inspection failed again. And back and forth etc. We have called every two weeks since to no avail. I wish I could give zero stars. DO NOT use this company !

John Mallari Largo, FL

worst decision in my life i sign the contract back in june 2021 they install my system febuary 2022 and messed up my brand new roof my solar still not on i tried contacting them so many times always not available sales guy not replying on all calls and text its just bad experience all around

william olive Holiday, FL

The worst possible experience anyone could have. Destroyed my home and my roof. Will not respond to my calls or emails. Promised me the moon and never honored one of the commitments they made to me. Run as far away from these people as possible.

Donna Taylor New Port Richey, FL

Very poor company. Contract signed June 2021. Install completed 9/21. During these 3 months we had excellent communication and follow-up. Ever since then, however, there communication is virtually non-existent. Of note is that communication ceased after we authorized final payment. Net metering with our electric provider was completed Jan 2022. Element Solar assured me on more than one occasion that they would contact me once the net metering was done. However, I had to contact Element Solar to proceed with the next step which was to activate the system. The Customer Experience Rep, Dominic, talked me thru the activation and everything looked good according to what I was told. The Portal provided by Element Solar tells me that the system is activated but in “progress”. NOW… it is 2/14/2022 and despite my weekly calls for an update, I am told by my Project Manager, Stephen R, that he’s trying to get a team out to my home to trouble shoot the problem despite the fact I was told the testing would be done remotely. Element Solar is in Utah! We live in Florida! Stephen keeps apologizing for the delay but explains he can’t make the company provide the help we need.

Reply from Element Solar

Donna - thanks so much for reaching out to us. We have technicians in Florida who will be coming out to check your system. We have been doing what troubleshooting we can remotely, but in your case it seems to be an error with potentially faulty monitoring equipment. We scheduled a technician and someone should be reaching out to confirm that date with you. We are working to improve our processes and communication and appreciate your feedback as we strive to become better.

Feb. 16th, 2022

Kelli O'Donnell Silver Spring, MD

The company has poor communication and no one ever answers the office number. My specific contact never answers his phone and takes days to respond to a text. I was told 5 weeks start to finish and solar being used. I am now at over 6 months since I signed up and can't get ahold of anyone to see when they will submit my paperwork to the power company so that they can switch me on. Element electrician left a mess when he hooked everything up. I feel like I am the one having to take care of things to speed them along, but there is only so much I can do. I gave two stars instead of one because I am still hopefully there was some truth to the panels I got being able to offset my full power use as I was told. Someone needs to contact me.

James Rosiek Palm Harbor, FL

Did not explain system use or warranty, inspections were a fiasco, communication was spotty at best , have not received a call or email since system went live, could go on but don't think they care

AB Salt Lake City, UT

Great people!!! Helped me with what I needed and I'm happy with their service.

April Donachy Louisville, KY

Worst experience ever. The positive reviews from Utah are fake! They lie. They owe me money and now refuse to get back to me. Failed inspections Too many bad things to name. Awful awful company

Dani Irvine, CA

UPDATE Jan-22: Getting someone to talk to me about my solar project is extremely painful. UPDATE: The company along with its competitors is facing local political challenges causing a very poor buy back rate. The rate was further lowered after the signing date and they are are still fighting it. In the meantime, they have been more than amenable and very forthcoming with all this information. This deserves a better rating. ORIGINAL: Extremely poor experience and investment! 1. The installation of the solar panels from start to finish took more than 4 months including multiple rescheduled appointments. No advance notification was given leading to lost income, on account of me having to take unpaid work leaves. 2. Once the solar panels are in place, it costs $117 more per month with solar. The energy generated is sent back to the grid at a much cheaper rate. I still get billed for the full amount consumed and not the net. Gross misrepresentation of numbers at the time of signing. 3. Impossible to get out of my 25-year loan. I can't return the panels because according to them, I will still lose money and be left with a leaking roof. 4. Very slow response from the customer experience team. It felt like they were quick to reel me in up front, but now I feel worthless as a customer. I hope others can avoid this situation! Extremely dissatisfied.

Reply from Element Solar

Dani, We want to thank you for your review and better rating, it means a lot. Please reach out if anything we can do to help make your solar experience even better!

Sep. 7th, 2021

robert fasce Pinellas Park, FL

A total nightmare. A lying sales rep, If you want your home to look lie an amateur installed it. They are the company to choose. It's six months since the start and still not operational. I have made my fourth loan payment and still no solar. The salesman will not return your calls. The upside they do send you a couple of free pizzas.

Andrew Hall Parrish, FL

I run a small one man Handyman business just south of Tampa Fl. I was contacted by Element Solar about doing some drywall repairs and painting on some of their completed projects. I went and looked at each one, sent them an estimate, the price was agreed upon and work authorized. Now almost 90 days later and I have yet to be paid for work completed. At first Zach was very easy to get in touch with, and great to deal with. Now I can get no phone calls answered no return emails. I am being shafted by them. I am out the cost of materials and labor, not to metion the gas, with it being at an all time high. Do yourself a favor and avoid Element Solar from Utah by all means. They cannot finish a job nor PAY those who do the work!!!!!

Dj Dezaster Sarasota, FL

One of the worst mistakes i have made they have no customer service when i call no one answers or im told someone will call you back never happens they cant even email you.they didnt even know what phase of the job i was at it was installed 9-27-21 and here we are 7 months later . no one @ element solar UT can make a decision . On top of that i had to take out a seprate insurance policy because i have a teir 2 solar system that is sitting on my roof non activated . They told me they flew a tech out here to Florida to get these job finished up i was told he was coming to my house monday 4-25-22 never showed never got a time frame. i could go on and on from reading these reveiws there are lots of people in the same boat in Florida sorry for all . Element Solar has bitting of more then the can chew....... Bradenton Florida