Baker Electric Home Energy Logo

Baker Electric Home Energy

5.7

LAST UPDATED: September 30th, 2019

Baker Electric, which is a family-owned business, was founded in Escondido, California, in 1938. The company began offering residential and commercial solar services in 2007 in an effort to bring less costly, more environmentally-friendly solar energy systems to the families and businesses of Southern California.

In addition, Baker Electric Solar offers free educational seminars to businesses, work groups, and schools to educate those in its community about solar power.

The Good

• Straightforward Solar Installation Process
  • High Quality Equipment
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Multiple Payment Options
  • Other Home Services

Straightforward Solar Installation Process

Baker Electric Solar strives to provide high quality service and make each solar project simple and hassle-free for its customers.

The process begins with customers meeting with one of the company's consultants and discussing energy needs, solar power installation costs, and financing options. The business then conducts a pre-engineering site survey and designs a custom renewable energy system for that specific property. Baker Electric Solar's staff also takes care of all city permitting.

Once approval is received, the solar panels are installed. Installation typically takes one to three days. Then, the company's staff takes care of jurisdictional and utility inspections, obtains utility approval, and sends a power technician out to check system performance, explain how to monitor the system, and answer questions.

High Quality Equipment

Baker Electric Solar offers some of the best solar equipment in the industry. The company utilizes solar panels manufactured by LG and inverters from SolarEdge, which are each respected brands.

Additionally, Baker Electric Solar uses state-of-the-art AURORA software to custom-design each solar system to meet the individual needs of the customer.

Lengthy Warranties

Baker Electric Solar doesn't skimp when it comes to warranties. The company offers a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter, as well as a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers labor.

Consumers who go solar with Baker Electric Solar can rest assured that they will be covered if anything goes wrong in the first 25 years.

Multiple Payment Options

Baker Electric Solar allows its customers to pay for their solar energy system in one of four ways: outright purchase, loan, lease, or PPA. This variety of payment options allows consumers to find something that fits their situation and budget.

Other Home Services

In addition to providing solar systems, Baker Electric also offers a number of other services, such as home batteries, smart home solutions, and advanced heating and air.

Not many other solar installers in the industry offer such a wide array of additional services.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Unfortunately, Baker Electric Solar currently only operates in the state of California. Although being a local provider does come with its own unique set of advantages, it also limits the number of consumers who have access to its services.

The Bottom Line

Baker Electric Solar is a well-established company that has a long history of community involvement and customer satisfaction.

The company, which provides commercial and residential solar services, offers a straightforward installation process, high quality equipment, lengthy warranties, and multiple payment options.

Baker Electric also offers a number of other home services, including battery storage, smart home solutions, and advanced heating and air.

However, Baker Electric Solar is only available in Southern California.

View Best Solar Companies

Eugene Joseph Polley San Diego, CA

Met with three solar companies including Baker. Spoke to neighbors and everyone who used Baker had positive experiences. All the quotes were competitive. Baker had the more professional interface and best layout on our roof. Our next door neighbor chose the lowest price company that we had considered. Neighbor's system was installed about a month before ours. We observed the installation process and saw untethered workers whom we worried would fall off the roof (steep slope). Their installation appeared to be "quick and dirty." Our installation was slower but much more professionally performed. Our tile roof was removed in spots and the roof carefully protected upon reinstall. Several tiles were replaced in the process. Workers were tidy and professional. The foreman kept us informed every day on progress and what would happen when. After the installation, the technician installed the monitoring software on our computers and showed us how to stay on top of the system. We are generating more electricity than our contract guarantees and we could not be happier. Oh, and getting a $500 VISA gift card after the completion was an added plus.

Lee Bates Poway, CA

Baker Electric Solar just completed the install of our new residential solar system. The whole process, from sales rep. meeting, to authorized operation, and final customer meeting was so seamless with Baker staff's outstanding project management. Baker Solar installed solar equipment in only one day and system was operational in only 8-days. The entire Baker team consists of a division of labor with each stage of project smoothly passed onto each team member to complete the project professionally and efficiently. The precision and attention to detail was a pleasure to watch. Ever step in the project I was provided with timely status emails or phone calls . Best of all the quality of equipment and the installation. I didn't think I wanted solar on my newly re-roofed concrete tile roof. But after a recommendation from a friend who used Baker Solar, and our meeting with Jason, our sales rep., I was convinced that the Baker equipment and quality of installation method (mounting system w/ replicate flashing roof tiles ) made Baker Solar my contractor of choice. I also spoke with a rep. from the National leader in solar installation, and it was obvious to me for several reasons that Baker Solar was the better company & contractor for Solar in San Diego County. Finally, I have to mention Andre, the project installation team leader, absolutely incredible professional who gave me installation day recommendation on how best to route the conduit lines from 2nd story roof panels to the inverter equipment (the entire conduit run thru attic down interior wall to garage and out to the backside of inverters). No ugly exterior conduit runs like some many other companies are known for doing it, on the cheap.

Judy Stojsavljevic Escondido, CA

Judy Stojsavljevic, Escondido, CA What a great experience I had with Baker Electric Solar, from start to finish, they were professional, competent, efficient, and they did everything they promised. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in having solar installation. The money I saved was amazing. They explained everything and delivered !

Chuck Kogge Carlsbad, CA

We used Baker Electric and told a neighbor about them and they used them as well. In my opinion they are THE BEST. Everyone we dealt with was awesome. They have it down to a science!! They showed up pulling a van with our name on it and everything the installers needed for the install was packed inside the van for our install. They have been doing solar longer than anyone else I talked to therefore they have the most experience . And they are price competitive

Dan Poway, CA

A very professional company. From the site survey to the electrical panel upgrade to the professional solar installation, everything went smoothly. They keep you updated on every aspect of the process, alleviating the need to call them with questions. I highly recommend them.

Dominick San Diego, CA

There are many solar panel companies out there , but if you want a company that is up front answers all your questions , friendly , on time, and can call them anytime even when the panels are in go with Baker Electric you won’t be sorry.

Dale Long Poway, CA

Baker put up our array in October of 2015. Clean, efficient, prompt on the install and trouble free for 3 years now. I've done 2 cleanings. Performance has been as projected. Great electric company and they bring that skill to solar. They deserve more pub. Check Baker Electric out.

Arthur Gresham Escondido, CA

I Highly Recommend Baker. Our 2012 in Escondido, install was very well done, and have had no roof leaks, or solar system problems, ever. (Sunpower system) . My electrical bill savings are what I expected, and have nothing but satisfaction with entire process, team and results.

Karen Galves El Cajon, CA

Baker was a great experience for someone who was skeptical about the whole solar thing. From the first contact to the last, it was a painless and informative experience for me.

Jerry Ritter San Diego, CA

I highly recommend Baker Electric Solar. There customer service is the best I have ever seen. They go qabove and beyond. They also have a great referral program

john Hernandez Corona, CA

I went with Baker for my install, I told the sales guy that I wanted t complete my install in 2017, we started this process in October, moving forward through the processes it was pretty good. When my file went to scheduling on 12/13 i was still assured that we could get it installed in 2017 and I would receive a call in the next 2 days to set up install. Well I never got that call for installation, I had to e-mail and call Baker on two separate days to finally get someone to call me back, only to tell me that they have no idea on why I never received a call to install, no explanation on what happened. So now my solar will not be installed in 2017. If this is the way they treat customers before they are customers I hate to think what will happen if I have an issue after the system is already on my house.

kenneth allan McLoughlin Carlsbad, CA

i used baker and they were terrific. super professional install and anytime we have had a problem,. they have been on it. high recommend.

Chris Hodge Escondido, CA

They were great during the sales process and installation was as they said and no issues with the roof