Founded in 2014, Affiliate Solar is a residential solar installer serving homeowners in California, Hawaii, Nevada, and Utah. The solar power provider advertises easy financing options, expert solar installation, and top-notch customer service, and builds custom systems designed to save money on the electricity bill. Affiliate Solar was also recognized by Solar Power World magazine as a "Top 500 Solar Contractor" in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
One of Affiliate Solar's core values is educating solar customers on the monetary and environmental benefits of solar energy, and empowering them to share these values with their friends and families. This customer-based referral program is not only designed to build a customer base, but also to compensate existing customers for helping others to take full advantage of what solar power has to offer.
Affiliate Solar prides itself on helping homeowners save on their utility bill right away. Through the company's flexible financing options, customers are able to either purchase the solar energy system directly, or finance through a third-party loan with zero money down. Financing through a loan means customers will see a huge spike in money savings during the first year of operation, and thousands of dollar more once the system is paid off after 15 years.
Affiliate Solar guarantees its work. To support this guarantee, the company attaches a 25-year workmanship warranty, which protects homeowners from paying for any damaged or improperly installed solar components for the essential lifetime of the solar PV system.
Additionally, the company sources its 25-year equipment warranty directly from its manufacturing partners; so if a system component is defective, the supplier will make it right.
In addition to sourcing its solar inverters from leading companies like SolarEdge, Enphase, and SMA, Affiliate Solar also provides the LG Chem solar battery as a system upgrade. The LG Chem energy storage system is one of the most reliable solar batteries on the market, and can provide clean, renewable energy in emergency situations or during the night.
As the name suggests, Affiliate Solar provides one of the most competitive solar affiliate programs in the industry. Affiliate Solar will pay existing customers up to $250 per kilowatt installed for every successful referral. Customers are paid 20 percent upfront, and the remaining 80 percent upon completion of the solar installation.
While Affiliate Solar boasts a broad portfolio of completed solar project installations with details of system capacity and inverters that were used, the company does not mention the makes and models of solar panel modules it implements into its systems. Specific solar panel manufacturers build different levels of energy efficiency, durability, price, and warranty conditions into their solar cells, and this information will ultimately inform how much a solar energy system will cost the homeowner.
Affiliate Solar is not an NABCEP-certified solar roof installer. The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners issues some of the most respected and widely recognized certification programs in the solar industry. Solar technicians and installers with an NABCEP certification mark themselves as true experts in solar technology and installation practices.
Though the lack of an NABCEP certification does not imply Affiliate Solar's installations are in any way poor in quality or materials, the presence of such a certification can be an important deciding factor for homeowners comparing multiple solar providers.
If you live anywhere within Affiliate Solar's broad, four-state service area, and are interested in upgrading your home with a solar system, Affiliate Solar could be a good choice. The company's flexible financing options, high-quality materials, and lucrative customer referral program all represent significant positives for the company.
We encourage homeowners to read verified Affiliate Solar reviews and compare what they find to top solar companies in their area to see which solar company is right for their specific energy needs.
Jessica Ortiz Desert Hot Springs, CA
2 weeks ago
Ken L Twentynine Palms, CA
3 months ago
Gérardo Melendrez El Monte, CA
4 years ago
Cin Lar Indio, CA
8 months ago
Vicki Vince Indio, CA
1 year ago
Mike and Sarah Bell Orem, UT
4 years ago
C. J. "Chuck" Cota
6 years ago
6 years ago
We're on a mission to empower consumers to make the best decisions and connect confidently with companies that deserve their business.
Where will you need this service?