DISH Logo

DISH

8.8

Rusty Arlington Heights, IL

I loved dish network. I had it for years. One summer I shut it off for the hole summer to get the kids out of the house. I turned it back on when school started back up. Every thing was fine until I tried to up grade to HD. They told me they wanted over $700 for the equipment. I was told It was a deposit and I asked about my first deposit for the unit I already had. That's when I got mad, they informed me that the over 300 I paid 6 years earlier must have been a service fee by the installer. So I'm just out the 300 and I was not about to give them 700 more. Also the fact that my wife had signed up in the first place, the account wasn't even in my name. So after this I told them to shut off the service which they kept charging me for another three months until I talked to the bank which said they would sue if they took anymore. I learned a lot from Dish network. I will never again give any service a chance to link directly to my account. I truly loved dish programming and always had good luck with the problems I had. I have thought many times of returning to them but I will never give them my account info and I will not accept standard programming while I have 5 HD tv's. I am currently with comcast and it's not nearly as good of a quality signal. I don't like the on demand quality I can't even pause it for 5 minutes without having to start the program over and then I have to fast foreword it back to my spot. This trial ends this month so I'm looking for another service.

Byron Chelan, WA

Over the last 20 yrs I've tried Direct and have been with Dish for 19 now and don't plan on leaving. Always great customer service and price. Thanks Dish

Sylvia Warner Excelsior Springs, MO

I've been happy with Dish's service however they claim Direct tv raises their prices on customers. So do you! When I signed up I knew about the introductory pricing however, I also went over the regular pricing it would be after the intro pricing was over and it was NOT what it turned into. It's about $30 more than the rep told me it would be. I've spoken to customer service and they stand firm on the price. Don't put other companies down for doing the same thing you do.

George Head Brookfield, MO

I love the fact that almost everything can be submitted through their app. I use Dish Anywhere and MyDish to pay, get answers, and they have wonderful CSRs if you need them.

Justin Brawley ,

Poor customer service. My dad passed away and I was trying to cancel service with them and all they did was try and put me with a cheaper package. They then put me in on hold to search for his obituary because apparently they assumed I was lying. It is hard enough going through a family loss but to have to deal with this made it harder.

41BUICK Dahlonega, GA

GREAT customer service. GREAT technicians. ALL very thorough with questions and answers. Technicians go above what is required. ALL are VERY knowledgeable.

Cassandra Slatton Tuscaloosa, AL

Pricing was affordable but the quality of service and customer support could be better. If the wind blew too hard, I would lose service. Their customer support was okay really but nobody ever seemed to really care that I was paying for a product that I was unable to use anytime the wind blew.

Sawalters ,

Oh so many features to list, its like a kid in a candy store. The usual, Recording , Rewinding, Pause, etc. My favorite option.. OMG, where is the remote control

Terry Hoffman Dallas, TX

Dish customer service representatives have always been very helpful in resolving the technical problems of the satellite tv service. However, they do not fairly credit back charges for periods of no service that I called about.

aoelberg Nacogdoches, TX

I enjoyed the packages that DISH offers. They have more flexible packages in comparison to Directv. My biggest problem is the price. DISH is priced way too high to compete with Direct. If the price point would drop they would be a much better choice.

Tammie Newsome Milledgeville, GA

Leaving in a rural area did not have access to cable and was able to have everything I need with dish. It was easy to sign up and within 48 hours it was installed and ready to watch.

Coffee Los Angeles, CA

I'm with Dish now. I love Dish. I never have a problem with my payments, they don't switch reels on you like most cable companies. Plus you can change your plan anytime you get ready. Dish is awesome.

t0m ,

The customer service at DISH is phenomenal! We have had dish for many many years. They are always willing to work with you and never try to push you into anything you don’t want! I gave 4 stars because it’s really unfortunate you can’t pick and choose which channels without buying a package.

Liz Lemmey Thornton, CO

Their price was a little better than Direct TV when we first signed up with them. Now the price has crept up and is about the same as Direct TV. We hate it that we can no longer get channel 7. We like that news program. C'mon already!

Kim , NC

Have had Dish Network since 2015. Great customer service and selection of channels and their hoppers can store a lot of recorded shows. The only 2 problems I have is that the satellite goes down in inclement weather, and their prices are expensive.

Sandi Burkinshaw South Jordan, UT

I've had Dish service for 14 years and have never been tempted to switch. Great customer service. Good coverage, even with all the streaming that is available now, I still keep Dish service

Dwhoush Pensacola, FL

I had dish for about two years. The simplicity but features of their equipment was nice. When I upgraded to the Hopper 3, it was so much nicer and faster then the old machine and the user interface was easier to use.

James Conder Eagle Mountain, UT

we have had Dish for a long time, great and amazing channel selection and service. Biggest issue I have had with them is after your 2 years with Dish they absolutely price gouge you. I would never do anything other than Dish if it was a little more affordable and maybe offer custom packages.

Mhorne182 West Valley City, UT

Real rating is 3.5. We have had Dish for over a decade. It is pretty reliable for the most part. Recently we have experienced more outages and the price is now way too expensive. Trying to convince myself to cut the cord but have too many movies saved on my dvr. Customer service is rarely helpful other than telling you to unplug for 10 seconds and plug back in.

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

I used Dish when I was living with my parents from my younger years all the way until I was out of college. Channel selections were great and the service was fast and reliable.

Juan Beaver, PA

Dish is decent for TV service. The tv interface is still pretty outdated looking. Chanel and price wise you get more for your money i think with dish. Unfortunately it is more price friendly to have streaming services these days than regular tv.

Kaydence Bonino Riverton, UT

We had a great experience with dish but switched over to comcast because they offered a bundle package where we could combine our internet and cable TV. It was cheaper than dish. Overall the customer service was great and it as easy to use.

Aliza Henline Provo, UT

I liked how it was sooooo easy to record shows! Just the click of one button!! It was also easy enough to figure out that babysitters could get it all working without anyone having to explain the tv like it was rocketscience.

Gkgfamily Goleta, CA

We have had DISH TV for about six years. There are many things I like about the company, but also a few concerns. I like their Customer Service, I like their DVR format, and I like that we can use Dish Anywhere (such a deal!). I don't like that the price keeps going up (higher than teaser rates for new customers), and that I sometimes get varying instructions when I call for technical help. We love DISH but are seriously considering changing because of the price.

Melissa Riviere Clarks Summit, PA

We miss our Dish! We are tied to our internet provider who packages internet with tv. If we had another ISP we’d be back to Dish in a heartbeat. They have a great user interface, large hard drives, and good customer service.

Alyssa Boren American Fork, UT

I didn't like how it didn't have a lot of space on the DVR. I didn't like how it was hard to record more than one show at a time. I really liked how the remote had a skip forward 30 seconds button and a skip back 30 seconds button, it was a really nice feature.

Janalyn Memmott Pleasant Grove, UT

We love dish! We have been with them for many years. We tried other companies but we like Dish the best. It may not be the cheapest, but we like the packages and they have great customer service. Thanks!!

Ben Crisp Temecula, CA

I had dish network while I was at school and I was pleased overall. It’s not the best in terms of channel selection or quality but I feel like you get what you’re paying for. It was cheaper than most providers so that is a plus.

Naomi Colorado Springs, CO

DISH provides great Cable packages for people signing up for the business. The do charge more after the initial contract, but we usually call them and let them know we would like to keep the same price, and they cut us a deal.

Jennifer Ogden, UT

I had DISH as our TV provider prior to switching to another provider. I don't have much bad to say other than the fact that it seemed like our service was always being interrupted with technical difficulties. Their customer service was helpful even though their wasn't much they could do. The service seemed overpriced for what was provided. I would recommend another provider before sending someone to DISH.

Rob Whipple Mesa, AZ

Great technology. Good service and easy to use platform. Was getting very expensive. Decided to go away from paid TV. However, if I were to go back I would consider them again.

Jonas De Olveira American Fork, UT

I had dish network for a couple of years and it just got too expensive and decided to switch. Any time we had inclement weather we lost service, which was frustrating , since that is when I am most likely to watch TV. Switched to something cheaper and haven't looked back.

JAKE American Fork, UT

We have used Dish before and it worked out well. The options available were very nice. I had great experiences with their customer service. When I had to talk to them for various reasons they were prompt and efficiently helped me with what needed to be changed.

Daniel Perez Orem, UT

Dish has exceptional service. The technician arrives in the allotted time frame and are very helpful and friendly. I haven’t had any issues with our tv service. They can be a bit pricey but quality and ease of use in the tv interface is very good.

Ethan Pitcher Eagle Mountain, UT

This service is actually pretty great. They offer great service and a variety of channels. Comparatively speaking to other television services, they have an easy interface and a variety of exclusive content. I prefer streaming services over television, but this is one of the better services for tv.

TyGuy Sandy, UT

We were customers for 10+ years. The user interface was lacking and frequently lost local channels because of various disputes. We switched to Comcast and we were much happier. Although, with Dish we were able to watch live TV on their app, but with Comcast, we can only watch certain channels live on the app, or else we have to be home and logged into our Comcast wifi. Dish was nice, but it's nicer not having to clean off the snow on our dish anymore.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

Overall, we had a good experience with dish. Installation was challenging because they wanted to place the dish right on the front of our home. Our area struggled with reception anytime there was bad weather. We ended up leaving dish because another provider offered a better pricing with better reception. They came back to get the dish and didn’t repair the holes in the roof so that was disappointing.

Brandy Pleasant Grove, UT

Dish is by far my favorite Cable TV service! There is everything you could imagine. I just recently watched a show and with the Joey i was able to skip all of the commercials without even touching the remote. Amazing!

Dylan Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

My in-laws used to have DISH network, and I thought it was great, especially the Hopper. We have often gone over to watch football games. We record it on the Hopper and watch it 30 minutes after it's actually started and then it skips the commercials for us. Sweet!

Sofie Rosenvall Alpine, UT

We used to live in a remote area where if you wanted TV besides local channels you would have to have some sort of outside service. Dish was the main provider. We were thankful that we could use them to get our tv services so we could stay in touch with the outside world and watch some of our favorite shows!

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

I decided to cut back on the channels we were getting. Really just have the minimum since we weren't watching very much. What I didn't realize is that it took away local channels as well. Not sure why local channels wouldn't be in every package, but it was frustrating not having those!

Jo Lars Pleasant Grove, UT

I love the variety of plans that allows me to choose the package/channels that I want and the price that I am willing to pay. Customer service has been great when I have had to call for help or to have questions answered.

James Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

When I used Dish Network (before the days of Netflix), their service was satisfactory... plenty of good selection, quick response times to support questions and a good experience with the DVR. Unfortunately, they became too expensive, and we eventually discontinued.

J Paul Wright Central, UT

We cancelled Dish about 4 years ago. It just got way too expensive for TV service. There really needs to be more cafeteria options so you don't have 100 channels that you never watch. It would be nice to only pay for the few you will watch. And now, many base packages don't even include ESPN and many of the channels I will spend time watching. They also continue to hound us with junk mail since we left

Stephanie Brinton Lindon, UT

We have also had Direct TV. I don't know if there is a big difference between what we have gotten from Dish compared to the other company but I have been happy with their customer service. They were very helpful working to solve a problem we had over the phone and sent someone out right away when we couldn't get it resolved.

Tom Walker Georgetown, KY

I have had Dish for several years and it is very expensive. Everything is an extra charge. The new system works OK as long as you don't mind having your recording limited by having the prime time networks being recorded. With so much being offered on line I will not be a customer much longer.

Karen Nelson Alpine, UT

It is a little pricey and we have had a few issue with it as of late, but the product itself is very solid. We tried looking into a few cheaper options but ended up coming back to dish because, despite the minor issues, they really do provide a great service.

Robert Singleton Gilbert, AZ

I like the services provided by DISH, especially on my home televisions. I feel like the price is reasonable, not great, for the services provided. The biggest improvement DISH could make would be to their mobile applications. Watching recorded shows on a mobile device can be challenging.

Amy Stewart Gilbert, AZ

we have used Dish for many years and have been very happy. WE love all the variety of channels that are offered. WE also love having the free weekends so we can watch some new channels and see if we like them.

Donnie Kuykendall Ward, AR

Dish network had alot of downtime even when it was not raining. Kept saying initializing locating signal. Very frustrated