DISH Logo

DISH

8.8

Alexander Johnson Burbank, CA

Honestly the best prices in all of cable. I remember swapping specifically because they advertised less storm outages and the prices were almost fifty percent cheaper than Direct Tv, miss having dish especially on the west coast.

William Thompson Absecon, NJ

I am a long time customer of Dish and love it. But I recently upgraded my whole home theatre system around a 4K TV. When I went to watch the Super Bowl in 4K on Dish I tuned to the 4K channel and found out I need a different receiver. Besides not telling customers that they need different equipment if they want to receive 4K I was even more upset when I called to get the new receiver and was told I would have to pay a $100 upgrade fee to get a new receiver that I would still be leasing. They said I was being given a break from their regular upgrade fee of $350. I told them it was a total ripoff to be charging for something that they should be providing to their customers as soon as it is available. It has really soured me on Dish.

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

I was a dish customer for many years. The service was always good but the bill kept increasing over the years and no one could ever explain exactly why. You will get a good introductory rate and then it will gradually go up over time. Also, they will get into yearly disputes with local ABC, CBS, and NBC affiliates and you will lose them for a time (usually when there is a game on you want to watch).

Violet Tyler, TX

I have been a Dish customer not by choice but a man wandering in my neighborhood showed up at my door after walking the neighborhood scanning each home’s rooftops. We bought the sales pitch and began with a $75.00 programming package after years and years with DirectTV. Well the first few years was great, then began contract problems with HBO, then the rooms with Joeys would disconnect at the climax of any good movie, show, or sports event. I get more 1303 error messages than television. I ignorantly attempted to try out the Multi-sport package and for one month it was a dismal failure of blackouts for my area, “tune to your SD” channel” messages, and absolutely no real sports programming AT ALL. All of the lost channels, broken promises, and increased prices everyone writes on this forum IS the ABSOLUTE TRUTH. One thing is certain: DISH NETWORK will debit your checking account without fail. As for delivering what they advertise, well you might as well buy The Brooklyn bridge because you don’t get what you pay for. Every time a channel is lost they create the CEO video and website stating they’re working on negotiations. Ha ha, been there and done that same ole’ same ole’. The FCC has got us all in a chokehold with these TV and satellite providers. I don’t even want to address customer service because life is too short to deal with incompetent people. Just read the fine print!! And watch your checking account to avoid the ripoff. Give me rabbit ears and an old TV any day.

Freddie Littleton, CO

I switched from Direct TV to Dish due to the constant increases in price for Direct TV. I thought Dish's DVR system would be at least similar to Direct TV since I hadn't read any negative reviews about Dish. Boy, was I wrong! Dish's DVR system has to be the worst I've ever had to deal with which is something that nobody has written about and is not something a person would know until they actually have it installed. Their DVR system is not only quite confusing to use, but if you pause a recording, when you go to replay it, it has already moved forward several minutes so you have to figure out where you left off and rewind to that place (good luck with remembering that!). That happens all the time, and the remote control automatically also fast forwards a show no matter if it's a recording or a live one. Extremely frustrating and time-consuming!!! Also, the fast forward and rewind is terrible. You hardly have any control and have to go back and forth to actually get to where you want to be. I have complained for months and Dish just says they're working on it, but I don't believe them. These software issues should have never been programmed that way and I believe they have known for many years about these problems with their DVR system. They either don't know how to fix them or they just don't care to fix them. Just want the public to be aware of what they're getting when they switch to Dish. Wish someone had written a review with this info before I signed a 2 yr. contract with Dish!!!

Dr.J Russell, KY

There are many channels to choose from & the equipment functions well and quality of picture and sound is good. DISH seems to be suffering from their pain success...equipment fees borderline suspect in that they APPEAR to look for every opportunity to grab some cash. Recently one of my Joey's went bad (after 4 yrs), but instead of sending a replacement, the tech people argued with me for 30 minutes about going through a check system. I finally threatened to cancel and ONLY then would they send me a replacement part. Their stiff-necked approach to dealing with competition is why I cancelled. Streaming services & competitors are adapting to consumer demand, but DISH insists on the customer accepting (& renting) a "channel package". Among all members of our household, we watch ~25 channels. We had to purchase their most expensive plan for those 25 channels. 10 years ago they could do that.... but not any more with HULU, Roku, NEFLIX, Firesticks, etc. Due to their packaging & equipment charges, my bill WITHOUT LOSING CHANNELS was ~$70 higher than I now pay. Buy DISH!

Janice Pujol Chandler, AZ

My husband used to work for Dish and we are still customers, they offer the best technological advances and best connectivity as well as price. There are other providers that do not disclose fees as Dish.

Doris Bakersfield, CA

Started with DirectTV and then switched to Dish. Dumped DirecTV for poor reception and tech support. Similar experience with Dish tech support, but better than DircTV. Reception better than others I have tried, but poor when summer heat gets to more than 102 degrees.

Tami

I have Dish with the built in DVR to record shows to view later. I pay for no extra channels. My bill is $ 75-76.00 a month. I think this is rather high and would like to go with Hulu or Sling. Just have not gotten around to it yet. Or the Firestick. I have been with Dish for 12 years. I think they are better then Direct. Customer service seems about average maybe a little better then average. I can always understand them.

Anne Kimball Salt Lake City, UT

We had DISH network all growing up and the remotes were always so easy to use. Also, the DVR and skip ahead functions made TV watching just so much better and commercial free! They have always been my favorite.

Melinda Spears Sallisaw, OK

Dish has great customer service. I love being able to chat online with a representative if I have a problem, which isn't very often. I feel that DISH gives me a great product for the cost.

Terry Dacy Bandera, TX

Too expensive and when I had internet with them it was the WORST!!! They promised it would be lightning fast and when I tried calling back to the customer service number the lady said was her own cell number; NOT! Never an answer so I rode it out to keep from paying the penalty, now I tell everyone to stay away from the dishnet and the TV programs are okay but the price is way too high and way too many sports channels and not enough good movie channels for the price.

Vince (CREDIT SPECIALIST) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been with dish for 15yrs. I had cable and friends of mine have Direct. It has to be extremely bad weather for my dish to loose signal and I get International programming as well. Love Dish.

Rashad W Kennesaw, GA

While traveling and being a way from home, Dish/dish anywhere has been perfect for me. I am able to experience what’s on my tv at home while in a hotel, office, etc. Been with Dish for years and I’m glad I didn’t switch when pressured by other companies.

Derek Heiner Centerville, UT

My favorite thing about Dish is the ability to watch it from wherever I am from my computer. I also really enjoy being able to record all of the shows i want to watch, it's nice having them available for when it is convenient to me.

Neil Laumeyer Dundee, NY

Overall I’ve had decent experience with Dish Network. On occasion I have had some representatives who provided misinformation and and attitude and refused to get a supervisor which left us hanging up. The social media team is great though.

Jonathan

One would think that when signing up for a membership or service you can cancel anytime with only having to pay the amount up until the the next cycle. Well, Dish makes you pay early termination fees for all the months you would have had their service. Not only that, they dont include a warranty for the equipment outside (which for some reason they literally sell to you) in the original price. It has to be added on. What civilian is going to want to keep a satellite dish? What am i gonna do with it? Eat my dinner on it? So, to get it checked out by a tech you either need to pay the $9 fee a month or a $95 fee for the service just to see if the equipment is falty. Im not certain but i have a feeling they'd charge you to replace it or fix it as well. I was with comcast for years and never had anything like this come up, and my mother has had DirectTV for years and no problems like this. In conclusion, the company DISH are thieves! like a lot of other big companies they try to milk you for all you have.

Jonny Hancock Salt Lake City, UT

Dish is expensive and overall hard to work with. However, my main complaint with dish is their remote control. Accidentally our remote zoomed in, after my dog ran over the remote. This took me a month to finally get my TV at the proper zoom display. Direct's remote is a lot less complicated.

Alan Filandro Southington, CT

Dish has always been flexible in allowing existing customers to change to new offers. I actually asked them once joking around if they could send me a stuffed animal and the followijg day i had a joey kangaroo in the mail-- great company--the relationship with frontier is a minus since billing with that company is an extreme nightmare

Danette Reyes Hillsboro, OR

Wonderful customer service! Was having issue with picture and they looked into it and took care of it! Dish is a great satellite service provider! I wouldn't switch to any other company!

ROBERTO Houston, TX

I was told similar programing as I had @ Xfinity.... Including Fox News, which is not so @ DISH Latino Package. I would prefered to have Fox News at anytime rather than CBS ABC CNN MSNBS, or any of the sale outs news in Spanish.

Rick Rund Chico, CA

The first one that lets you do a la carte will make me EXTREMELY happy. We WILL be canceling our contract in march. Price is too high for the MAYBE 10 channels we watch. We can get our favs online. The only channels we will miss are CSNBA and CSNCA, our Giants games and my YANKEES when they play the A's...So we only have a few more months left with them.

Judy Belden Mcpherson, KS

I have had great service with DISH for about 12 years after Direct TV told me that they do not update their equipment and if I wanted a new remote, it would cost me $90.00. If I have any need, DISH is right there and I get remotes free. Equipment is upgraded too.

Steve FL

I live in central Florida. Dish is great but does go out every time it rains which is everyday in summer. I do like prime time automatic recording major networks. Also hopper is sweet automatic zips through commercials. I would have taken uverse which I had in Chicago but not available here. And what happened to tru network and cnn?

Bryan Shohet Springfield, VT

10 years with the Dish Network. Their customer service and support as well as the programming and price has made Dish Network the best value for the money in TV in the 21st century.

David San Angelo, TX

i do like dish, I feel the same way of most customers. My dish is drafted mo. And new customer get discounts. Our bill goes up very little. We get no bonus or discount. I have no phone line for the other options. I have completed my contract don't won't to close and start over like my dish rep tells me. Should take care of the customers that take care of dish. Thank you. Oh sometimes make me mad on my college football when switch my stations

sean apfelbach Chicago, IL

I've enjoyed my Dish for years now. I hate losing signal during bad weather. I like the HD picture it's very good. Great customer service very helpful and courteous. I would have giving Dish a ten but the bad weather loss of signal needs attention.

Marianne North Chelmsford, MA

I like dish a lot bit I don't have a house phone so I don't get the perks and I have been a costmer for years but I don't get a discount either if I want to up grade I still have to pay full price I don't think that is right I pay my bill on time and there for a few yrs I was ahead on paying it

gene Cleveland, GA

No problems w/mine as a tech like respond to a couple comments reception isn't dish it was the tech fault dble channels u have to change settings to hd only u won't loose standard channels then you'll b happy to

Ric Powers Port Clinton, OH

Dish TV has been 99% reliable for service even when the weather has been bad. They answer questions quickly when you call and you typically are speaking with a "real person" not answering an automated system to discuss your concerns.

Arthur Salazar Houston, TX

Loved the service, just in my area the weather made it unwatchable at times.

Tony Cira Rochester, NY

The worst deal in tv! Unreliable, sometimes unuseable! SLIGHTEST RAIN, takes it out!!! Always restarting,always updating, very very poor deal in tv!!!!!

Harvey Aalund Tacoma, WA

Dish sucks charge 150 to adjust satellite or pay 180 to cancel I paid 180 will never deal with them again. Never use there greedy and will rip you off.

Ann Mom Matthews, NC

Dish provides a great variety of channels at reasonable, competitive rates. I am very pleased with their programming and also with their customer service. After the expiration of the original contract period there is a wide range of program packages that you can tailor to your needs. I would highly recommend them.

Phil Carriere Cambridge, IA

Have loved the service ,costs, and choses of stations within their various packages. LOVE the HOPPER. Gives me so many choses of stations to record for later viewing. Price has been reasonable and quality of reception incredible.

Dianna Carter Cadiz, KY

I have had dish Network for several years now I have no complaints about the service or the customer service or the channel lineup. Good company. The customer service dept. and the sales dept. are customer friendly and ready to serve their customers to make your experience with DirecTv one that you will tell others about.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

We have been with DISH for several years. We love the RedZone and they offer a nice selection of channels that our whole family enjoys with their basic service. We don't feel that we are getting a great value for our money, and that they should be offering their long time customers better pricing. Their customer service is average, the associates don't seem to care one way or the other.

Jennifer Gilbert, AZ

I’ve been A dish customer for the past 23 years. As you can see, I love this network and I would never changed To any other company. Best customer service and anytime I’ve called to get my bill lowered, they’ve been great at lowering my monthly bill.

Camilla Lundberg Mapleton, UT

I absolutely love using dish! it has all the channels i love and want and its nice and fast i love that they will help with anything! they are seriously the best and Im so happy i have all the channels i want and can watch all of my favorite shows! dish is the best and everyone should have it

Dean Ogden, UT

We LOVE DISH! We have been with them for many years and have no reason to change. One time I was thinking about switching and I called them to cancel and they we able to lower our bill while upgrading us to the next higher channel package just to keep us as a loyal customer. I will stay with them for that!

Anthony Lindon, UT

I've been with Dish for over 12 years. I’ve always been impressed with the quality of service I’ve had all these years. Before that I was with Direct TV, but I would always get the run around when I needed help. With Dish, they would stay with me until the problem was solved and I was satisfied.

Erika American Fork, UT

We have dish network as our provider at our office. Comcast service was not running as efficiently at that location so we switched over to dish network and have not had any issues with it. We have been very happy with the service provided by Dish network television.

Evelyn Chidester Riverton, UT

First off, the salesman was super knowledgeable about the product and could show me ways I could save money. He was great at answering questions and even left a phone number where I could call him directly if I had any questions.

Jamie King Cokeville, WY

We have had dish tv for two years. One time I had a problem with the service and I called customer support and they sent a guy out to service our problem. He had to travel over an hour to our house but he came and fixed the problem and was very friendly. I highly recommend Dish TV.

Madison smith Alpine, UT

Good quality television. Never have problems with it being slow or glitchy. The customer service has always been kind, efficient and professional. Highly recommend to anyone looking for an affordable and quality t.v. Provider.

Lauren Alpine, UT

Dish is an awesome cable provider, they work with us in payments and offer all the best channels, I highly recommend! Anyone looking for a good tv service is then I highly enjoy working with them because they have great customer service.

Shauna Craig Pleasant Grove, UT

We recently switched to DISH TV and have been extremely happy with the service. We got exactly what we were promised, and the salesman and the installer were very professional. I have already referred them to other family members.

Julia Halliday Pleasant Grove, UT

We moved to Dish after having cable for about 10yrs. The Dish signal was great unless there was a snow storm, which would be common for any satellite service. We liked the parental blocks options. We were happy for many years until prices went up and at that time they didn't carry our favorite college sports team channel - The Mountain- so we moved on.

Jodie Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

I had Dish Network for many years and loved the variety of chanels and reliability of service! I did discontinue my service as prices got higher and I wanted to take away the temptation for my kids to sit in front of the tv all day as there were so many shows they wanted to watch! When I disconnect my service, they treated me with respect and were very easy to work with.

Sally Albright Crestwood, KY

Dish has a myriad of TV channels and I am a big fan of options, but some of it does seem to be excessive. It's hard to channel flip when there is practically thousands of numbers. Now, the favorites option is just fabulous. I love that I can switch between family member's favorites. Harry, my husband, has such strange taste, but it is easy to find with his dish network favorites.