DISH Logo

DISH

8.4

Janet F Price Patterson, LA

I am a past client of Dish and I love the service. They were little on the expensive side but when the service is good sometimes you overlook the price. Customer service are very heplful and nice.

nan lach Grand Island, NY

My main problem is when we have bad weather, the dish does not work, sometimes when we have wet sticky snow, I have to go outside and brush the snow off. The only other thing I don't like is that sometimes it records shows that I have not asked for.

Max Winkel Payson, UT

We used to have directTV but when we switched to Dish we realized on how much we were missing out on. I know Direct has upgraded since then but from the voice remote to the simple buttons on it, along with live sports, tv shows, movies on demand, etc. You need to get dish

Barbara Horner Seaside, CA

I have had Dishnetwork for over 20 yrs. They are reliable and have never had any big problem w/ the service. the only complaint I have is pricing is too high, then most of the other cable providers are also too high. These companies should reduce their monthly programs fees by 15-20 dollars so many middle class people can afford to keep the service. The pay for movies are also too high in price. They went from 4.99 to 5.99 and most are now 6.99 and new release (secret garden) 19.99.

Frederic Shelby

Excellent phone service. The old menu was intuitive and required no explanation. The new menu is pure chaos and requires frequent calls to Dish. The font in the menu is extremely small. The manual for the remote is a picture brochure, like for a new car. Tells you all the features but explains nothing. It is frustrating to use.

Saya Lihka Jacksonville, FL

Dish offers a generally good variety of movies available for purchase that can be recorded. HOWEVER, in some cases, they limit the amount of time one has to watch the movie. And, once one begins watching, there is only a 24-hour window to finish watching. Once the time limits are reached, the program can no longer be viewed. Yes, this is annoying, but moreover, it's unfair. The price for the limited access movie is the same price as a movie that is fully available. At $5.99 a recording, one should be able to watch the movie at leisure. A fairer way might be limiting viewing to a single time. Or, if Dish wants to limit the time of availability, lower the price and give the viewer a choice in the matter.

Pamela Whitaker New Harmony, UT

I JUST TALKED WITH NAT, I3U, AND WANT YOU TO KNOW WHAT A SPECIAL PERSON HE IS. HE IS AN ASSET TO YOUR COMPANY! HE HAD SO MUCH PATIENCE WITH ME AND HELPED ME TO CONTINUE TO BE SO HAPPY WITH OUR DISH SERVICE PLEASE REWARD HIM FOR HIS GREAT SERVICE.!

Dolly Alexander Manassas, VA

Dish techs have been great - but I was sold on the hughesnet internet services when I had DLS - was told they were faster ! NOT true and what Dish tells you is that you can cancel hughesnet if not satisfied in a 30 day money back guarantee - that is incorrect they cost me $173.00 for the installation after I cancelled Hughesnet would not return that fee plus they want $400.00 to cancel - which i did not pay-had to argue with management - but am still out $173.00 for the installation - had to cancel terrible internet service ! Don't use hughesnet ! Dish stop telling people this information !

Jim Stewart Queen Creek, AZ

Overall a very good experience. Channel selection was outstanding. The service seemed to be interruped during stormy weather. The customer service representatives were very helpful with questions about service and reseting the reciever.

P.Warren Brown East Dublin, GA

The price is a little bit high, though not as much as DirectTV, but I am satisfied with the service overall. There are no cable companies offering service in my area, so I am not able to compare it to any other companies but DirectTV. The main thing I have a problem with is the fact that satellite internet is my only option, so streaming is not always the best option. I often want to watch a game that ends up only being streamed or on regional blackout, so I find it really frustrating to pay the amount of money I'm charged for the service and not being able to watch my Clemson teams.

A WILLIAMS

I signed up for service they notified and arrived as scheduled. After installation i noticed my promo stations werent activated so i called and had them activated i was unable to get my hbo year promo from the rep on the phone so i mentioned it in the follow up survey and it was fixed in 15min A+++++++ very satisfied

Linda Bisner Brewer Burlington, NC

Dish has an excellent picture, as do Directv and Time Warner Cable. Dish seems to go out whenever there is any rain at all so that can be quite annoying. I signed up with a 2 year contract with the first year being a great deal and I am now in my second year and as noted at time of sign-up, my price increased. I also had one referral which lowered the cost by $5.00 a month for 10 months. I have no gripes with the cost because it is exactly as advertised. The package I have is the "Smart Pack" and it is sufficient for me and my grandsons although I do miss HGTV, TLC, A&E and Lifetime. I have had no issues with any of my equipment and no issues with billing. The only gripe I have is I tried at one point to get the Hopper and I was told it would be $150 plus shipping to get it and then another $12.00 a month, I believe. I just told them never mind.

Cary Stotland Saint Petersburg, FL

Dish has MUCH better organization of their channel lineup than Direct TV. and their equipment is smarter. Their remotes are fully programmable and can learn any other remote. They also can use either IR or RF. If you;re geeky, DIsh is a better choice. Not that you need to be geeky to work it. NO CONTRACT REQUIRED. Unless you go with a package deal. Your choice. Where we finally went crosswise with them was over a billing error. Theirs. A $2.56 "pro rated fee" for a programming change was added to the account, but NOT to the bill. I paid the bill less the fee. On time. I was late the next month by two weeks. Because the pro-rated fee was added the previous month, they deemed the $2.56 over 30 days late and shut off the service. Wife and I had been traveling (the reason for the late payment) and didn't even notice. We found out when we got home. A phone call resolved the monetary issue...BUT....They had SHUTOFF my Internet account access. We couldn't see where the problem was because of it. The bank showed the previous payment made on time for the full amount (of the bill. without the $2.56 add-in). I was livid. I understood the service cancellation. I WILL NOT accept having my account access suspended. I dropped the service immediately. That's no way to treat customers.

Tish Lawson Abbeville, MS

I previously had another company as my provider and it was out a lot and the service was not as good. There were a lot of hidden charges that were added often until it became not worth the prices I was paying. For basically, the same amount of money, I get many, many more channels in addition to Sirius radio, which I love 'cause I love Elvis and one of the highest internet packages, which is great. Dish service is also much, much better. The technicians also make sure your entertainment system and everything associated with the service is working.

Linda Sweat Sacramento, KY

We have had Dish for 9 years..I have had the best service when calling about a problem..Just wish it was cheaper for Senior Citizens.Maybe a discount on monthly bill if you are 62 +..Would help people who are on fixed incomes.

Michael Falmouth, ME

I switched from DTV to DISH, and overall find DISH the better value. I pay DISH the same amount of $ for HD/DVR on 3 sets as I paid DTV for standard def on 2 w/no DVR. DISH's CS is good when you don't get their Phillipimes based call center. I did have better signal quality with DTV, and getting DISH to fix a billing prob has been annoying, but the bottom line (for me) is they beat DTV.

Alex apatiga Phoenix, AZ

Good Cuatomer service first year is the price second year just make a deal whit them & that set special for Latin community! Muy buen servicio al cliente no mentiras y sobre todo con la je te latina son más conceros! directv el peor servicio al cliente una vez que te tienen son una M especialmente con los latinos que nunca decimos nada!!

L Cody Morongo Valley, CA

I have been a Dish customer for as long as they have been in business. Very rarely do I have any problems with them. I had an issue about my Hopper and after waiting ALL day to get someone out there I canceled the appointment. They made it right by getting someone out the next day....promptly. Thank you Dish!!!

Netherfield Butler Rio Vista, CA

Dish does a good job of battling the "cord-cutting" trend by offering low priced basic service with the option of "add-ons". We've stayed with them over the years because they have zero tech problems - no down time or outages. The DVR with the "Hopper" is a big plus.

Charles Walton Salt Lake City, UT

I really like the DISH program menu. It is easy to use and you can navigate rapidly. The only negative I have for them is their tendency to raise rates frequently. I started out with the base package 20 years ago. 5 years ago the rate was about 23 dollars a month and my current rate is nearing 35 dollars a month. Almost double in 5 years. Still, the service itself is excellent and the customer service is excellent, so the rate may be justified.

Dr Henao Valencia, CA

The customer service is the worst you can find. Don't contract with this company. They are far from respecting customers. Our time is valuable but they don't care. If they had negative stars, I'll give them the top

Geminga ,

I have been with Dish for over 20 years. I am on a fixed income and they have been pretty fair with me over the years. The service is very reliable and only goes out in a very hard rain. The only issue I have is that the equipment is rented not owned. I do not understand why when a remote goes bad they want to charge so much to replace it.I hate to think what it would cost if the box goes bad after 18 years. Other wise I would consider myself to be a satisfied customer and would and have recommended Dish to others.

Carl G Durr Spokane, WA

I switch from Direct TV to DISH just about a year ago because of bad customer service. When I called Dish, they said they could come out the next morning (saturday) they had it installed in a few hours and the Rep was really nice and considerate of everything. We moved to our new address and was given the best day and time for us. We were really inpressed with the young man that came out and did the work. I was not an easy job either, but proceeded and got it done to our satisfaction. Again this young man was very good his name was Josh. Ask for him if your in Spokane

J.T. Engel Beaver, PA

I am no longer a customer with DISH but I was for over 17 years and they were good to me and had great service. I only changed service providers because of the times and technology with live streaming and cost effectiveness. I was able to go to Hulu and sling and other live streams for less money with more choices. DIsh was great for the years I had them and since I have good wifi i am able to steam for less. If i did not have good wifi I would stay with dish or if i would move and not have good internet service then I would go back to dish .

Elaine Chobanian West Frankfort, IL

Our family loves DISH!!! There is so much variety in the content available to watch and the possibilities seem endless. There are plenty of family-friendly viewing options and it offers interests for everyone's needs. Whether it's cooking, gardening, hunting, fishing, news, entertainment, romance or mystery that you want to watch, DISH has it covered.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had DISH satellite service in the past and they have had all the channels that I wanted and needed. It is easy to start and install and they are very professional about the process. The customer service is good and can answer any questions that I have. The service is reliable and they receivers are amazing and easy to use. I love the Hopper.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had Dish Satellite in the past and I like their equipment and easy installation. They have great deals and it can be easily adapted to my interests, and the interests of my whole family. I like their technology of being able to skip through commercials and the equipment is good enough to be able to record many programs at the same time and have lots of storage. Right now Dish is my only option to watch the local NBC channel as it isn't on Directv.

Seth Derby, KS

As a long time dish customer, pushing almost 7 years now, I am pleased to say that I would go back and sign up in a heartbeat. The excellent customer service I have received in addition to the hassle-free breeze they made it when I moved across the country have kept me quite loyal. In addition even with all these smaller and cheaper services coming online none of them seem to have what I actually want to watch. And with the only sport that I’m at the mercy of the regional programming being the nfl, I think Dish is well worth it.

Erin Lindon, UT

We’ve used Dish for the past eleven years and are loyal customers. We’ve been extremely satisfied with their service over the years and haven’t had any problems. They have package deals for great prices. We have a variety of channels for a great price. Customer service is excellent with helpful and friendly employees. We will continue to be loyal customers.

Alicia Larsen Gilbert, AZ

We've had Dish for many years, and about 5 years ago I was ready to cut the cord. We're not huge TV watchers, and at the time our monthly bill was almost $100. When I started thinking of all the things I could do with that money, I decided to call and cancel our subscription. When I called, I expected the "please don't leave" response from customer service, but I was not expecting them to offer me a package almost exactly like the one I had previously for only $28 a month (indefinitely; not a 6 month deal or anything). It might be called DISH Basic? Anyway, I debated, but ended up doing that. I'm super glad I did. While I still don't watch much TV, my kids can DVR programs, and we have most of the same channels we did before (Food Network, HGTV, TLC, History, etc. but no sports channels). For now, we're happy with the setup. Once I no longer have any kids at home I might rethink my subscription, but it's a good option for a budget-minded person or family.

Emma Garcia Mesa, AZ

We’ve been a customer for over 15 years! Great value, and a wide variety of channel options. The service is very reliable, the only time we have minimal interruptions is during the crazy Arizona monsoons. Customer service is always great. They appreciate your loyalty and will treat their long time customers well by providing discounts on packages. Highly recommend!

Rick Thomas Stephenville, TX

Dish gave me the wrong information on equipment I needed to purchase then refused to refund my money. Claimed I was outside their "window for returns". That occurred because of their delays in sending me the boxes and packing information for the return. I will not ever, ever do business with them again.

Robert Jessee CA

When you start up with Dish they’ll give you one price eventually the price goes up and up it’s not worth the package plus times are hard right now trying to get extension for three days and they said no your service gonna be turned off until you pay your bill they’re not looking out for the customers

Jen Hayward, CA

Please do not sign up for Dish. They don't guarantee the channels but they guarantee to hold you to a contract. I have been called 7 times in 2 days regarding my account. It at the point of harassment. Please choose any other company but this one.

murry cohen Annandale, VA

If you want your TV experience to be forever miserable, subscribe to DISH. This has to be one of the worst companies on the planet. They are costly and they don't provide the cable channel HBO because they and HBO couldn't agree to a contract. This is not surprising since DISH seems to not give a whit about pleasing their customers. DISH's service is interfered with in rain, snow, and wind. My service has been non-existant for over a week because tree branches are getting in the way.

Donna Casiano Charlotte, NC

Absolute worst! If you're not losing your service because "joey" is doing his own thing, it's because their signal goes out. They refuse to send out a technician (unless you're starting service) and do everything over the phone. That may not be bad IF you could understand the person on the other end. Wanted to cancel service but you get hit with a ridiculous fee. Can't wait till October to rid myself of them!

MF Pirjevec Houston, TX

Unethical buisness practices. Will stick it to you every chance they get. Package fees are just a start. Think your paying $99/ mo till you get a bill then you realize all the hidden fees. You call, they remove then next month they show up again. You call and play the game cept this time they threaten you with early termination fees. Don't walk from these guys....RUN. Will NEVER go with anything DISH related again. Liars ant thieves.......

Leora Tucker Winston-Salem, NC

Their asking product is the absolute best., consistent a few glitches. I would absolutely recommend Dish's Sling, only.

David Cape Coral, FL

I have used them several times in the past. Each Time I've moved on to someone else. Channel line up is constantly changing, and not always for the best. The prices kept going up and it was off air more than on air. Customer Service was marginal. you've got better choices today.

Yvette Hooper Orlando, FL

I wish that I could give zero stars. I was with Dish for 15 years. It just became too pricey and not worth the $180 it cost me per month. I decided to drop them. They kept me on hold for over an hour. They kept switching me to different reps and promised me everything to stay. They even asked me to give my account to a NEIGHBOR! At this point, I wanted to disconnect NO MATTER WHAT! ! When I wouldn't stay with them, they told me that I was in a contract (after 15 years!) I had to have my DVR replaced last year because I was hit by lightning. They said that this trade for a working DVR entered me into a new contract. I argued for a while but they DID NOT CARE. I still canceled. I also canceled the automatic payment. I guess I'll have to dispute the information that will be sent to the credit bureau. THEY DO NOT WANT YOU TO LEAVE and will try any cutthroat way to keep you as a customer.

charles Las Vegas, NV

These people are crooks. I had ordered the NBA package last year not this year. With the NBA the way it is and being broke I can't afford it nor want it. They auto charged me for it $200. I didn't even realize I had it either. I hadn't watch any games. Went to pay the bill and seen the charge. I contacted them and they said no problem we can take it off. They didn't. I called back and again was told yes it will be taken off. They didn't. Called a 3rd time to be told they can not take it off that I have to pay for it. So now I pay or get my TV shut off. Horrible service. To lose a long time customer over $200 is sad. Oh well. Stay clear of them people.

Ahmed Brooklyn, NY

Cons: gets interrupted during bad weather internet speeds aren’t the fastest in my area(NYC). Pros: best line up of any tv provider with great international packages. Great pricing

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

We went to Dish from Directv as the costs were going up and Dish had a better offer. Well that didn't last long, we got caught up going from package to package and then ended up leaving because of it got to expensive. The equipment worked without issues and whenever we had an issue and called customer service they were nice and helpful.

Diana Armes Wallace Batesville, AR

This is a pretty good company. They are able to provide us service out here in the wilds of the Ozarks. But after 10 years, I think I might have to get my remote changed. It’s starting to act wonky.

sonia ann Brewton, AL

Great service. You do have to call within a couple of months to argue your bill because it seemed to triple for me. They did get it affordable but again I had to call and insist on the bill that was originally agreed.

Larry Brown Columbia, MD

I contacted DISH to get more information about them. We have DirectTv and are not totally satisfied. The bottom line is the DISH representative was more interested in giving me the hard sell and collecting my financial information than answering my concerns and questions. After many attempts to sign me up and I said that I needed to talk to my wife and also Direct TV to see if I still had contract obligations. I was told rather rudely that I should have done that before I called them. Common sense says that until I had the information about DISH that I was lacking, why bother to call DTV. I ended that call with somewhat of a lecture of if I called back I'd have to start over etc. I bit my tounge but immediately called back to speak to a Supervisor. After being on hold, transferred, dropped and cutoff, l was told that a Supervisor would listen to my conversation and email me. I asked how can they address my issues when I haven't told them why I was calling. I stated that if this is how DISH handles customer concerns, then I really don't want the aggravation. I'm still waiting for a Supervisor to contact me.

Alexander Johnson Burbank, CA

Honestly the best prices in all of cable. I remember swapping specifically because they advertised less storm outages and the prices were almost fifty percent cheaper than Direct Tv, miss having dish especially on the west coast.

William Thompson Absecon, NJ

I am a long time customer of Dish and love it. But I recently upgraded my whole home theatre system around a 4K TV. When I went to watch the Super Bowl in 4K on Dish I tuned to the 4K channel and found out I need a different receiver. Besides not telling customers that they need different equipment if they want to receive 4K I was even more upset when I called to get the new receiver and was told I would have to pay a $100 upgrade fee to get a new receiver that I would still be leasing. They said I was being given a break from their regular upgrade fee of $350. I told them it was a total ripoff to be charging for something that they should be providing to their customers as soon as it is available. It has really soured me on Dish.

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

I was a dish customer for many years. The service was always good but the bill kept increasing over the years and no one could ever explain exactly why. You will get a good introductory rate and then it will gradually go up over time. Also, they will get into yearly disputes with local ABC, CBS, and NBC affiliates and you will lose them for a time (usually when there is a game on you want to watch).

Violet Tyler, TX

I have been a Dish customer not by choice but a man wandering in my neighborhood showed up at my door after walking the neighborhood scanning each home’s rooftops. We bought the sales pitch and began with a $75.00 programming package after years and years with DirectTV. Well the first few years was great, then began contract problems with HBO, then the rooms with Joeys would disconnect at the climax of any good movie, show, or sports event. I get more 1303 error messages than television. I ignorantly attempted to try out the Multi-sport package and for one month it was a dismal failure of blackouts for my area, “tune to your SD” channel” messages, and absolutely no real sports programming AT ALL. All of the lost channels, broken promises, and increased prices everyone writes on this forum IS the ABSOLUTE TRUTH. One thing is certain: DISH NETWORK will debit your checking account without fail. As for delivering what they advertise, well you might as well buy The Brooklyn bridge because you don’t get what you pay for. Every time a channel is lost they create the CEO video and website stating they’re working on negotiations. Ha ha, been there and done that same ole’ same ole’. The FCC has got us all in a chokehold with these TV and satellite providers. I don’t even want to address customer service because life is too short to deal with incompetent people. Just read the fine print!! And watch your checking account to avoid the ripoff. Give me rabbit ears and an old TV any day.