Comcast Xfinity TV Logo

Comcast Xfinity TV

8.9

Clint Memphis, TN

Comcast Xfinity service offers a lot of great options. Strong wifi, plenty of cable channel options, awesome apps. All of this would be wonderful if the service ACTUALLY WORKED on a consistent basis. During my first two years as a Comcast customer, I had 16 different techs come into my home for service. SIXTEEN. I've had so much equipment replaced that I'm sure I've run the gauntlet of all they have to offer. That's not to mention all of the random outages that seem to occur in my area, 22 I counted total in 2017, 3 so far as of Feb. 2018. The prices are ridiculous, but if I want a cable/phone/internet bundle then I'm stuck; Comcast is the only other cable service offered in my neighborhood, and I have so many trees that I can't get a line of sight for satellite. Let me just say this: I have Comcast's customer service phone number saved in my phone, just because I've had to call them so many times. At my previous address, where U-Verse was supported, I never had to call...well, just once, when I moved and had to cancel. Now I want to call and tell them I'm sorry I left.

Kory Staheli

For the most part we have liked having Comcast as our cable TV provider. They have a good variety of channels and I like that we can bundle it with our Internet. Their on demand service is a nice feature but I don't like that it can often take up to a week for shows to be available.

Christopher Haueter Salt Lake City, UT

I've never had to be the one paying for Satellite TV but beside the cost of it, Xfinity has been my favorite one. It's easy to use, has all the channels I want and has great apps. IF I ever get satellite TV when I own a home, I'll go with Xfinity.

Sharon Burnsville, MN

I don't know where they get the pricing info. Mine has never been that low. 99.00/mth for triple play is not what I started at and what I pay now is almost double that. It is the only option I have and I have medical issues which keep me home bound. I need different channels, internet and home phone. It is very hard on my budget. I have called to try to reduce services but the reduction ends up being more than the bundle. I barely use the pay channels but the cost is less with them than without. I hate the increases. There will come a time when I will have to give it up. I do have more than one television because I have a teenager in the house. The "improvements" are not that noticeable and repairs tend to involve new equipment and an upgrade...

Linda Hopson Most Ellington, CT

comcast , has been very good for us the service reps are very helpful and pleasant I have phone , Internet and TV My one wish is their prices were not so high when my husband retiers we will have change Just won't be able to afford them really can't now it's to bad they should have a senors discount

Jason S. North Aurora, IL

Comcastt Xfinity was awesome in my area... Until they switched to the X1 platform. Since switching to the X1 platform, live TV breaks up several times a day. At least once per week, either the guide or live TV freezes up and the box has to be restarted. The guide is very glitchy, and sometimes takes 10-30 seconds to respond to clicks of the remote. But, when working ok, the picture is great. Internet sometimes completely dies and the modem needs to be reset, although when working, Internet speeds are really good.Like others have stated, when watching TV on a TV not hooked up to the main box, you cannot pause, rewind or fast-forward live TV. Also, the boxes do not turn off when hitting the power button on the remote. We were told that the feature would be available soon... That was well over a year ago. They are quick to send a tech out or give a credit when issues arrive... Which is often. I think if they had tested X1 more thoroughly before implementation, they would have a great system. But, like most companies, they were in too much of a rush to get the "next big thing" out to market. If it weren't for the fact that AT&T is the only other cable provider in my area, and we had already switched from them to Comcast (because of poor service), I think we would switch to another provider.

Dave DeMartine Longmont, CO

Internet Speed choice - Excellent Service - Excellent Website to find packages for current customer lacking Data usage allowed - Awesome Service being up both TV and Internet - 99.9 % Lan phone - Excellent Cost for upper packages high like top internet speed and lots of channels !!! Hardware - Very good

P. Turk Ashland, VA

I've had great customer service the last 6-7 years. I wish they'd stop the Creeping Increases via 'less product for the same price' like they did with the TV channels...slowly scrambling a few here and there and finally ALL Channels are scrambled requiring a 'decoder box' for even LOCAL Channels....So...Rabbit ears baby. For the last year or so, my bill just has gone up a couple bucks every 3-4 months....I use the Internet only. I 'wish' there were INTERNET ONLY options that was FASTER than...'Basic'...pay a LITTLE More for Each step Faster.

Barbara Stuckey Katy, TX

Very high prices for only basic and basic plus cable service is bad. And, it is constant problems. Latest problem is that the DVR decides to reboot in the middle of watching a program, losing part of anything being recorded plus it takes about 10 minutes to reboot, and the entire guide is gone which takes about 24 hours to get back. Plus sometimes the fast forward images are "garbage" so you cannot tell when the actual program comes back on. Sound does not stay in sync with the program so I have to pause the program and let the sound catch up to the picture. We have not added computer, security, or phone because we do not want phone, security, or Internet service that is undependable like we experience on the TV.

Roger D Lauzon Fall River, MA

we have had comcast for over 10 yrs, they have been very attentive to our needs we love them they are always prompt when we schedule an appt. and they are always vere professional in thjeir work roger and marianne l.

darren urbina Fresno, CA

they have been good to me came helped me with tv hook up they help me at costomer service I have no problems with them sent a the tech man out to my house I am happy with them good service

James Riggio Sr. Philadelphia, PA

I do like Comcast and for the most poart have nothing bad to say....but, switching over to the X1playform and paying for all the extra channels, I now pay more for less. HBO and Starz both have 3D content with their paid subscription but on the X1 playform they have not figured out how to bring the 3D content in there so I lost all that. Maybe a class action law suit would allow Comcast to speed up and figure out how to give me back what they took from me?

JohnB Walnut Creek, CA

1- Their speed varies widely and what they market and get you for, usually is not what they deliver! Check it for yourself and you see what I mean! 2- They are master in jacking up the price. They cut down on your service and make you buy additional products from them, for additional cost of course! 3- They are master of Hidden costs! Never give your credit card number or make automated payment. They charge you anything they want! Do not trust them! 4- Their customer service is non-existing! They outsource it to who knows where. They are able to give you run a round for hours! The automated system is a disaster. If cannot get your stuff done in the first 10 min, let go! Value your time. Disconnect it and then let them come after you! 5- They are very good in not returning the rest of your money when you terminate them! Be very careful!

tom Auburn, WA

every time I walk into Walmart I get hit with the Xfinity team wanting to sign me up. They tell me i can have it all for $60.00 less then what I am paying now, plus the security pkg. I tell them what I have and how much I pay and they say I am paying to much for to little. Then I tell them I have been with Comcast almost 10 years.. they tell me they can only help with an upgrade but since I have it all...... .I called Comcast to try to negotiate a pkg and they tell me for $70.00 more per month, some of the stuff I already have "would be free" and would get a dvr? 10 years I have 1 digital box, no DVR, no HBO, no SHOTIME, no CINAMAX, no sport pkg.,all for just under $200 a month. If I told my loyal long time customers who spend thousands a year with me I was charging them more then people that have never spent a dime with me because they are "new customers" how long would they stay with me.

Greg Elkhart, IN

I have always had pretty good service. The changes that are being made are small but I notice them. I had a great package at one time, after talking to a customer rep I came away with a lot less service and hardly any savings. I tried to get domestic help but could not. I think a supervisor was hitting a signal in the phone to get the lady to hurry up and get on to the next customer. This post just ran out of room. Comcast you suck !

Gloria Green Hanford, CA

For the most part I'm happy with my service except for when I'm attempting to get help. Phoning in problems should be easier for customers. When I eventually have gotten a recording I have given my contact ph # and it is not recognized whereas any other time it is accepted. I will also give my account # off my bill and the recording has again told me they can't bring up my account. After being on the line for a long time I was told to call later that they can't help me. I phoned back 4 times and every time the same thing happened. Please straighten yourselves out

Patricia Widmoyer Colorado Springs, CO

We have the "everything" package and love all the viewing options. Glitches occur infrequently and help is always a 24/7 phone call away. We've found the customer service to be very, very good. I'd hate to lose Comcast. We've had it for, I think, 11 years, in Denver and Colorado Sprigs. We now have Xfinity X1 and really like it!

Stanley Smith Wildwood, NJ

I pay over $200 per month to Comcast, that's more than my electric and gas combined ! I have tv, internet, and land line phone.(the phone is free with internet) I do NOT get premium tv,(ie HBO) I do not pay Comcast to rent on demand movies. I do not pat for their "faster" internet . I have to pay to rent their cable box, their modem, and their remotes. that seems kind of dumb, as you cant use the services provided without those items. and you cant change channels on the rented box, without the rented remote. if I keep Comcast for many years, I will be paying thousands of bucks in rent. AND I get several mailings weekly, advertising how I can pay MORE getting faster internet, X1 (whatever that is, AND a security system .....why, so I can pay to protect their equipment ? I'M WISHING VERIZON WOULD COME INTO MY NEIGHBORHOOD ! .........thanks !

Francis Bell Philadelphia, PA

I am very happy with Comcast. Sure a couple times I was on hold for a long time, and a billing problem needed to be fixed but nobody is perfect. I have been a Comcast customer since 1988 and I will continue. Not perfect but extremely good in my mind.

Renae Lasday Sarasota, FL

We had Comcast for year however we changed to Verizon/Frontier because the customer service was terrible

Janet Burton Knoxville, TN

I had Comcast for a little under a year. I paid $50 a month for wifi. I didn’t get cable. I thought this was a little high, but I was so used to the name Comcast from my family growing up. Just be careful, you do have to pay fees if you cancel early🥴

CAHomeOwner Clovis, CA

There are many channels available. The sad thing is anything I want to watch is already available on my roku. We are have to sign up for the tv to bundle with all of our other services for a supposed discount. We recently upgraded to faster internet and it took hours getting a hold of someone on the phone to help us. Not happy with the service, not happy at the uprising costs, not happy with the content available to watch.

Jc Cribbs Pittsburgh, PA

Their customer service is above average,you’ll have to fight with them a little if you want to install your own router or cable box. They are giving out free Xfinity Flex boxes(think Apple TV or Roku) no strings attached if you are a customer. More companies should do this.

Razel Levine Puyallup, WA

We currently have Comcast/Xfinity TV and, for the most part, we're finding it reliable and acceptable. The biggest issue is the pricing, which seems to go up. Don't much care for that or for having to pay for sports channels we don't want or use, and feel the monthly rate is WAY over what it should be.

INGRID LAPPOST Miami, FL

Anytime you call they get your issues resolved fast! If there is anytime of error message the representative can always send a refresh signal and get you back to watching in no time!

21plustax Hopewell, VA

I've been a customer for over 20 years and I have always had mixed reviews about the company. Now I couldn't be more pleased with my service that I receive. The internet is the best!

kahuna81 Brentwood, CA

Xfinity will do their best to lower expiring contracts. Depending on the customer service rep you get in Xfinity’s Loyalty department, the review will reflect your experience. Lately, I’ve had good experience with Xfinity Customer Service reps.

Alesia Thurmont, MD

we have had xfinity for about 5 years now. they have competitive rates with other cable companies. the menus and options are set up to be very user friendly, and I love the voice remote!

Allen Loganville, GA

Really love the convenience. Customer service is great.

Ian F. Hattiesburg, MS

I've used Comcast/Xfinity for the better part of four years for my cable/phone/internet, and so far I've been satisfied. They always have decent special packages for premium networks, and the internet service has been 99.99% consistently good. I'm always glad to know that the area I move to next also has Comcast Xfinity. The remote control is also very innovative which helps when trying to find a show that the whole family can enjoy, quickly.

Steve Jones Riverton, UT

I highly recommend xfinity! We use them for internet, TV and voice, and they have been amazing since we switched providers. There is less dropped calls, they provide great customer service, and a reliable bill that isn't constantly fluctuating.

Kassandra Tallahassee, FL

I love Comcast! I have been business with Comcast for years! I get all the channels and Comcast on Demand allows me to catch up on shows that I miss. Not to mention it is the least expensive television company I have encountered.

Michele Gardner American Fork, UT

We recently had a problem with our main TV box. We called and the service reps tried to fix it remotely but to no avail. They sent someone out and tried to fix it but when it couldn't be fixed, they simply replaced it. They were all very helpful and pleasant to work with.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

Comcast Xfinity TV is easy to use. I like that it is month to month with no long contracts that tie you down. I am able to stream, or watch throughout the home and on the road. Also, I like their mobile app and ability to do everything with my phone.

Haley Baldwin

I’ve loved Comcast TV. They had great channel options and On Demand is awesome. Their customer service was always great and they were quick to help you solve any problem you had! The only complaint is they didn’t reach to my new house when I moved. So they could expand their coverage.

Alicia Roddin Sandy, UT

Comcast Xfinity had the best price for internet when I compared the ones available to me in my area, and it included cable TV. I have been impressed when I call in that they have been able to resolve my concerns or questions quickly.

Jacob Blood Provo, UT

Netflix is pretty good. I can watch movies without having to go anywhere to rent them. You can have multiple people on a server. It is real nice. It also has a much better selection than Amazon Prime. It would be nice if they incorporated vid angel capabilities into it though.

betsy fowler Lehi, UT

Xfinity is a great company that offers a great product. We have been quite happy with their service, and streaming capabilities as well. We were a bit upset when they dropped the RFDTV station as it was a regularly watched station in our household and have had to add another streaming station specifically for this purpose. Other than that, it is convenient to bundle the wifi internet service with their TV service. I would recommend them.

Jennifer Ogden, UT

I have used many different TV providers and Comcast Xfinity has hands down been the best. It was so easy to transition from another provider and their customer service and technician were unbelievably helpful and nice. I would recommend them to anyone looking, especially with their low prices.

Brandie Rudy West Jordan, UT

I have been an Xfinity customer for the past 3 years. We have TV, internet, phone, and home security. The cost is reasonable and the service is amazing. I am so happy with their products and services. Keep up the great work.

Helen Thompson Bountiful, UT

we have been with comcast for many years. We stay with them because of their service and how kind they are when they come to our home. It's also easy when we have problems to get someone on the line to talk us through our problems. We find as we get older the cost seems steep and they have been willing to work with us on trying to get the price so we can stay with them.it has been nice to have the cables underground and not have to wipe off a dish all winter long.

Teresa Corry Orem, UT

We have loved having the freedom of watching free movies and shows "On Demand". We often follow the Hallmark Channels and use the recording options constantly. We have had a great history with Comcast Xfinity TV. Our one complaint is the expense of have these great advantages is higher than we prefer. Whenever we have had a problem with service, we are able to phone for immediate help without problems.

Erika American Fork, UT

We have had Comcast xfinity for a very long time. The actual TV service is great and we have had very few technical issues. The only downside I have had is related to billing matters. Almost every time we have called into their customer service regarding a plan change or other issue it has taken a long time to get through to customer service and then to get anything changed or done it is a very long process.

Greg Christensen Lehi, UT

It has never let us down. It just works. And usually better than promised. I have tried many other services and all have fallen short in one area or another. The most important criteria is that a service I pay for is that it works when it’s supposed to. The fact that they are able to provide the level of consistency while also being out ahead in terms of technology is no small feat. I’ve heard promises of incredible technology from other companies only to have them fall very short.

Jeff B Orem, UT

I have used many different TV providers and Comcast is hands down the best. The installation tech was professional and on time. Our actual service has never had any outages and their voice remote sets them apart. I would highly recommend Comcast to anyone looking for a TV provider.

Leslee Muramoto Draper, UT

I am a current customer, switched over a few months ago from DirectTV and it’s not only cheaper, but the TV service is way better! I love the voice command, but my favorite is everything on demand. Tons of free movie options, and if I forget to record my favorite shows I can pull them up on demand. I’ve watched entire series from the beginning from years ago! So glad I made the switch!!

MaKayla Christiansen Provo, UT

I have trusted Comcast Xfinity ever since I got my first television system. Xfinity is so easy to use and the voice control is such a nice accessibility to have on a remote. I have never had issues with Comcast and the network is amazing. I highly recommend.

McKenzie Christiansen Provo, UT

I absolutely love Xfinity. It was super easy to set up the box, and the remote. Works great and gives a bunch of different on demand options as well as watching Netflix and listening to Pandora strait from my tv. Absolutely incredible

Katie Marz Orem, UT

Comcast xfinity has been so so easy to use. I use it on my computer to login and watch shows after they are live on tv. It has been amazing to use so far and I have not had any specific problems with it. There are tons of shows you can watch after they have aired on television.

Erica Hartshorn Alpine, UT

I have had pretty good service with Comcast they take time to help when we have an issue, I do however feel that they overcharge for their services but I can usually get things bundled and help with that, I have to stay on top of how much I am paying. We have had a couple issues with them disconnecting service because a credit card was replaced. That was a hassle but found out they had our outdated phone number so they couldn't get ahold of us.