Bulwark Exterminating Logo

Bulwark Exterminating

6.1

LAST UPDATED: September 22nd, 2021

Bulwark Exterminating LLC is a private family-owned pest control company started in 1999 by salesmen Aaron, Adam, and Daniel Seever together with their father Bart, an accountant/controller with decades of experience. At Bulwark Exterminating, believes its pest control services are more than just spraying. The business boasts that its services are about listening, convenience, scheduling, responsiveness, accountability, and knowledge.

Bulwark Exterminating has been on Angie's: Super Service Award Winner, Since 2010, and it has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB business). Currently, Bulwark has over 300 employees, operating in nine states, exterminating over seven species of pests, including termites.

The Good

• Guarantees
  • Free Follow-Up Services
  • Pests In Your Area
  • Termite Control

Guarantees

One major benefit using Bulwark's services is that their products are less toxic than toothpaste (and still effective) according to research done by colleges and universities. Also helpful is Bulwark's list of Customer Guarantees, which are included on all service agreements. Guarantees include:

• 100 percent satisfaction or your money back — They guarantee their services will exceed customer expectations.
  • 48-hour callback policy (excluding Sundays and holidays) — A service professional will return calls or emails within 48 hours.
  • Flexible scheduling — Bulwark Exterminating technician availability goes Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
  • Guaranteed call back a few days after the treatment to confirm that things are taken care of flexible scheduling
  • Anti "no-show" policy — If a Bulwark exterminator fails to show up in the scheduled time frame without calling prior to reschedule, then the next regular service is free.

Free Follow-Up Services

Another perk is Bulwark's free, unlimited follow-up services. If the pests come back, Bulwark comes back too, at no charge. If customers find pests alive and well after Bulwark comes and treats the premises, they will come back and retreat your home within 48 hours for free.

Pests In Your Area

The Bulwark Exterminating website has a useful feature in that customers can select their state and the month to see which pests are common in that area during that time. For example, during the month of July, residents of Oregon should be on the lookout for hobo and wolf spiders.

Bulwark Exterminating boasts an impressive pest infestation catalog. Almost regardless of the pest problem, Bulwark Exterminating has a solution:

• Ant Control
  • Springtails
  • Termite Control
  • Weevils

Termite Control

According to the website, termites cause more damage to homes in the U.S. than fires and storms combined. If termite treatment is determined necessary for a home, Bulwark Exterminating will tailor a treatment program for its customer. Bulwark Exterminating technicians are trained in the leading termite pest control and will provide multiple pest control products and options.

The Bad

• Pricing Estimates
  • Lacking Information

Pricing Estimates

Bulwark does not offer pricing estimates on its website. To learn how much it will cost, the homeowner is required one visit the Home Assessment page on their site and request to get a free quote for pest control or termite inspection.

Lacking Information

Bulwark also does not disclose information about their contracts before the initial consultation. Related to this is no information regarding Bulwark's cancellation policy on their website. To find out details about the cancellation policy, potential customers have to contact the company directly via phone.

The Bottom Line

Bulwark's toxic-free products make it a viable safe pest control option for homes with pets or children and/or those who are overall health conscious or have health concerns. This is an excellent feature in the pest control industry.  Their list of guarantees and free benefits are valid reasons to become a client of Bulwark's services. Bulwark Exterminating is a solid choice for customers wanting their home to be pest free.

Like most pest control companies, Bulwark Exterminating doesn't disclose its prices or contracts on the website so customers will have to find this information out by speaking with a Bulwark customer service representative. Bulwark also has its employees go through a rigorous background screening, and each technician has thorough pest control training.   We recommend checking into Bulwark's services to see if they fit your pest control needs.

View Best Pest Control Companies

4.0

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

They advertised on Groupon.com but did not include details that they later tried to incorporate into a contract & attempted to get me to sign when they showed up for a one time service that I paid for. So weird and uncomfortable.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been extremely pleased with the service I have received from Bulwark. Both of my agents have been very nice and seem to do a thorough job. Sometimes they miss things, but honestly that's totally understandable and I love that they really do their best efforts to satisfy my needs. I love being able to call and get anything dealt with that I'm having issues with in between services, without having to pay extra.

Patricia Knoxville, TN

I have had the BEST experience with Bulwark Exterminating. My tech is Will and he is awesome and fears NO bug! If I ever see a single one between visits all I have to do is call and he's right back out. The service is reasonable and the customer service is fabulous!! Thank you Bulwark!

Donald West Raleigh, NC

Great Service from Bulwark. We have been a very pleased with the service we get from Bulwark, especially our Territory Manager. He is very knowledge and educated in various solutions to problems or concerns we run into. So happy we switched to Bulwark. Keep up the good work.

Sara Hixon Cornelius, NC

Mike L with Bulwark has consistently been super professional, kind, and helpful throughout the years we've seen him. We appreciate another great service call from Mike. Highly recommend Bulwark!

Robb Perron Skiatook, OK

Bulwark Exterminators are fantastic. My tech Shane is incredible. We haven't seen anything in almost a year and there customer service is by far the best I've dealt with! Thank you Shane and Bulwark!

B LaVann Charlotte, NC

I had Bulwark service my home on July 25, 2019. Jalen (the tech) was very thorough, got all corners of my household, windows, etc and explained step by step what he was doing. I would definitely request him again.

M Thornock Saint George, UT

We are very happy with our service from Bulwark. Our technician Marty is very efficient and very polite. He is eager to follow up on problems and is very professional.

Sarah Blum Auburn, WA

I have had four different guys from Bulwark come out to get rid of ants and each one said something different and none of the treatments were helpful. The first one that came also left a big black pest control trap. They treated outside once. Inside three times and I finally read up on how to deal with the ants and then had my handyman treat outside and now they are gone. I have called many times and Bulwark's communication is very poor. I have asked four times for them to remove the trap and it is still here. I finally talked with a supervisor and asked for my money back and again asked for the trap to be removed.

Charlotte NC Charlotte, NC

Charlotte, NC. Bulwark provides good service but somehow still see cockroaches in the home from time to time and not only when it starts to get cold. However, not as many as prior. They will only spray in certain places inside the home which I find odd. Still have ants from time to time too which is odd to. Unsure how I would rate them.

Michael Garland Knoxville, TN

I would give them a zero if I could. Worst pest control in Knoxville. I have monthly as well as yearly mosquito control with them. I have had to call them the past three years to get them to come out for mosquito. And, it's scheduled! They even call and say they're coming then call on the day and say they haven't called. Do not use this company.

Jess Root Gilbert, AZ

We had this service briefly. The pricing was competitive and the technician was nice, but she did smell of smoke when she came in the house for the inside treatment.

Michelle Ball Mesa, AZ

I am a big fan of Lance S., he is a great guy who is always smiling and friendly and prompt every time.

Julie Martinez Mesa, AZ

Bulwark is a little pricey, but they are reliable and have kept our home scorpion and black widow free for 18 years.

Mia Charlotte, NC

Great quality and resorts for your money

John Walker Seguin, TX

They don't do everything they say they are going to do. They do there job half way