Best Company Guarantee Aptive Environmental Logo

9.9

Visit Site 1-(855) 677-3010

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: June 29th, 2022

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

Founded in 2015, the company has experienced rapid growth and has been recognized by various outlets for its services and overall growth in the pest control industry. Aptive is a 2021 Gold Stevie Winner by American Business Awards, recognizing the company as 2021's Company of the Year and Fastest Growing Company. In addition, Aptive has been featured on Glassdoor and Inc.5000.

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive Reservice Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets
  • Aptive Reviews

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive Reservice Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

Aptive Reviews

Aptive Reviews on BestCompany.com are majority positive — 87 percent of customers award the company 4 or 5 stars. These positive reviews most often highlight the following:

• Attentive and professional technicians
  • Responsive customer service and quick problem resolution
  • Outstanding communication
  • Thorough home and pest assesments
  • Effective pest treatments

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 28 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services:

• Arizona
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin

If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Aptive Environmental below.

bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

C Desrosiers Clermont, FL

We are so thankful for the amazing job that Jeff did during our first visit. He was so thorough in explaining everything to me; walking me through each step of his process and what he would be doing. Once the service was complete, he again took the time to show me everything that was completed. We will be requesting Jeff for every service we receive.

Marilyn Paulis-Kneski New York, NY

I appreciate the courtesy of notifications from Aptive regarding my service appointments. I receive a text reminder the day before, a text alert 20 minutes before their arrival, and they ring the bell to announce their arrival and again upon completion.

Lilia Castro Helotes, TX

Jarrett T from Aptive came to provide a complete pest control treatment. What I liked about this service is that he was friendly. It gave me complete confidence that if I saw any pests around, after his service, I could call and they would be over right away. Thank YOU Aptive for a great service.

Joseph Kulakowski White House, TN

I enjoy the professional service. Every Aptive representative has been courteous, considerate and informative. They listen, understand the issue and take steps to ensure the pest issues are resolved. They also ensure customers know they can be contacted whenever an issue outside of the quarterly routine care visits arise.

Bri Ting Plano, TX

Ricardo was fantastic and arrived on time for my appt to service my home. He quickly noticed we had sugar ants and shared how best to treat the inside and exterior of my residence. I am very satisfied w the work he did for us this summer.

Michael Austin Dallas, TX

Joseph texted to let me know he was on his way. He arrived within the time we agreed upon, he completed all tasks and spoke to me afterwards to let me know what he has done and when he would be back. Over all very professional first visit.

Kathleen Nalli Aliquippa, PA

Met with Aptive representative in person. Spoke with Jared K and Calvin. Discussed with them the products used by Aptive and their safety. Also discussed frequency of applications. Requested information regarding rodent control as I have had issues with mice. Pricing is much more reasonable with Aptive than the previous rodent companies I have dealt with.

Yuliya Filippova NA

Michelle Duncan NA

David Yount Shawnee, OK

Every visit by an Aptive rep is top notch - they explain what they are going to do and they are very friendly. They do a thorough job and we are very pleased with their service.

19 hours ago

Courtney Edwards Calhoun, GA

This service is great, he was very thorough and knew what he was talking about. I can’t wait to see the outcome with less bugs and insects in our area and inside of our home. Thank you Aptive!

Stephanie Scott Wexford, PA

The young men were quick, efficient, personable and professional. I was extremely pleased with the experience and would recommend the company to anyone looking for this service. Great job!

Victor McCombs Aurora, CO

The bug guy and gal that come to my house are the most through workers. They listen to my requests. Flexible when it comes to scheduling.. I would use any other company to do my bug be gone job.

William Glen Ellyn, IL

Lucus was very professional with all the services requested and documented all the work performed with detail and precision. The reports Lucus provided will assist with future service work. Thank you.

Peter Colombo Bridgewater, MA

I was not planning to do the treatment At this time but Juan did a great job explaining the benefits of doing it now. Rico was 15 minutes early and did a great job with explaining and executing the application.

Joanne Nicoletti Pittsburgh, PA

I was very impressed with Don and he went above and beyond in helping me understand what happened and the supply issue. I think he deserves the extra $5.00 for the service rendered. If possible I would appreciate if he was the technician who always serviced my home. He saved this account because after not having my concerns addressed over lack of mice bait, I was considering discontinuing this service and getting another company. Don convinced me to stay on.

Rocky WA

Hello my name is Rocky R. and I would like ot commend Manuel A. He has now serviced my house for pest control 2x and each time he was nice and very knowledgeable. I would like to give him a shoutout for always doing a great job. Aptive has some great technicians but Miguel has gone above and beyond a few times. Please commend him a job well done multiple times.

Barbara Desmond Greensburg, PA

Clayton B arrived on time, was polite and explained what he was about to do. He thoroughly answered my question about preserving honeybees. Aptive does not spray flowering plants to preserve bees' pollinating spots. He went over my contract line by line, ensuring that I understood each aspect before moving onto the next. When Clayton got to work, I hardly knew he was there because he was so quiet. He sent me a text when he'd finished the job. Barbara D.

Janice H Denver, CO

I am a first time customer with Aptive. Richard was on time, extremely thorough and explain everything in a way I could understand. Spent significant amount of time throughout my yard and paid special attention to my concerns. I hope I get Richard every time and I will highly recommend this company to my family and friends and hope they get Richard too!!!

Jennifer Curfman San Antonio, TX

Tyler D T was the service specialist that came to my home. He was extremely polite, professional, conscientious and full of knowledge. I had several questions and he patiently answered each one in great detail. He explained everything he was going to do and recapped what services were performed before he left. The very last thing he did before he left was ask if I had any questions or concerns. Excellent customer and personal service skill set.

Charles Holdenried Ballwin, MO

Very professional explanation of Aptive services by the sales consultant. Technician, Lawrence, arrived within the hour to complete our initial service. Very friendly and professional consultation of upcoming services. Provided all the details of our first application and fully explained those details. Completed those details of our service on our online report. Great service!!

Yolanda S San Antonio, TX

My technician-Tyler D T was very considerate, professional and informative regarding my pest control needs. We were scheduled for a certain day and it started getting late, most companies would have delayed or rescheduled us, but Tyler kept to his scheduled date and I did not feel like he rushed through the treatment and gave us the complete service that we paid for. If I have ever needed them to come out for anything after their initial treatment, they went above and beyond to explain what my needs were before treatment. I also appreciate that they are eco-friendly. Yolanda S. #BestCompanyReview

Allan Reele Cumming, GA

So far so good! I'm waiting for the treatment to run its course (as I currently have an ant problem) before I give my full review, but the customer service portion is very good.

zxloxty ytxolxz Lynwood, CA

Aptive Has been servicing our property for over a year and they have been increasingly more communicative and performant with their service. We couldn’t be happier.

Tom Reilly Jacksonville, FL

The technician, Sean, was great. He was thorough in his service and gave a detailed summary of everything he did. Aptive is a great company with great technicians

Marie Bachrach Canoga Park, CA

Evan C was very thorough and took extra care with the service to my property. We told him our concerns and he knew exactly what to do to take care of the problem.

Tammy Eaton Pittsburgh, PA

Great first impression of company (this was our first service with Aptive) - Don was very professional and informative - provided a very thorough description of the services provided and what to expect in the upcoming visits.

R Weaver Dickson, TN

I have been having Aptive treat our home for a while now. We have seen a big decline in spiders and red wasps. Very happy with the service and for our techniciann Zeke who does the treatments. Very courteous, helpful and always asks if we need any specific issues handled. Great service!

Josh Gill Fenton, MI

Andrew J and his other associate were excellent. They communicated their arrival time and met it, explained the process in detail and answered my many questions, they also went above and beyond in the application process by treating hot spot areas that i missed. They were pleasant, clean, and professional.

Suzy Kim Edison, NJ

Everyone was very helpful. We especially liked Juvone S and would love for him to come back for the next spray. He was very friendly, nice and personable and really took the time to listen to what our concerns were. He is a great employee and did a great, thorough job! Suzy K.

JP Jacques Wood River, IL

Isaiah (Technician) was very friendly and knowledgeable of the service to be performed. He answered all of my questions quickly, and put my mind at ease with any concerns I had. He kept me informed of the steps he was on, and sent messages and short videos showing what he was using and doing. - Jon J

Nick C. Minneapolis, MN

I had a rep sign me up on Tuesday and had a technician by Wednesday afternoon. Kyle H was my technician, and he was great. He went through all of the terms of service, services provided, double checked what my pest problems were and was pleasant to talk to. Thanks for your work today Kyle!

Dena K Houston, TX

O Donnie I with Aptive Environmental did an excellent job of protecting our yard against pests. He asked before he started treatment if we had any trouble areas or special requests. He was very efficient while spraying and cleaning insect nests. I appreciate his dedication to his work. Job well done, Donnie!

Clarissa Phalen TX

I have been with Aptive Environmental for a couple years and my experience today was by far the best. My service agent went above and beyond with my home treatment and put my confidence back into this company. If I could have this customer service agent every time, or have his positivity and enthusiasm spread amongst the group the experience would no doubt be by far the best.

Thomas W Kippenberger Brentwood, TN

Joshua was excellent in explaining the process and identifying the specifics of controlling the pests we are currently dealing with. It is rare in today's world when a young man can capture your attention and truly make you feel like you are being taken care of. This man and our sales representative Luke should be given leadership roles in training your employees.

Morgan Griffith San Antonio, TX

My name is Morgan Griffith, Jarrette T was my service representative for my home today. Great customer service, explained the process and changes the company is making to improve customer experience to increase product spray at the entry locations of the bugs are getting in and new product used. also informed me steps I can take to help reduce my current issue with german roaches. Very informative and comfortable to business with. Great with references when explaining somthing. Would recommend

Anon Citrus Heights, CA

We have had Aptive’s services for almost a year. The teaching their techs receive is awesome! The techs that come out are professional, well mannered, communicative and address our problems every time with solutions that are spot on! Steven L was out tech this time, and went above and beyond to address our concerns! This company informs us what is safe to use around our kitties, and visitors, and always does an excellent job providing and going the extra mile to make us feel comfortable about choices and products.

Anna Vessa New Jersey

Debbie Daniel San Antonio, TX

They’ve been my pest control company for years now and no matter what my problem is they come right out to resolve it.

23 hours ago

Tracey Webb Collinsville, IL

Marvin our expert is very friendly and knowledgeable about pests and gave me a lot of tips on how to avoid crickets and spiders.

23 hours ago

Bob Lindergren New Braunfels, TX

Just as expected. Worked with us on tricky timing needs. Too many requests for reviews and too soon, don't press your luck

Edmund J Petry Spring, TX

Great experience! Technical was kind, professional and responsive to addressing to the insect issues we were experiencing due to the hot weather.

Meg West Braymer Pittsburgh, PA

Don G was our service pro. He provided a full overview of what he was doing, what we should expect, and was very friendly! Very happy with our service and highly recommend.

Jerry Grayson Everett, WA

Matt did an excellent job explaining what he will do, and I was impressed with all the different applications they put on and around our yard. Good Job. Jerry

Chelsea Davis Dallas, TX

Vincent was our tech and he was great. Informational on what was being done. Answered all our questions and concerns we had. Very well pleased. Thank Vincent for your work today.

Maria Rosa Richmond, TX

Great job. Floyd S throughly cleaned and sprayed all areas including garage. Very detailed and knowledgeable. Sent me a tex message at the end with all the work that was done. Thank you so much!

Gretchen Wallace St Louis, MO

Miguel always does a great job. I appreciate the added time to sweep off the cobwebs and the nasty stuff around the lights. Always calls me if I’m not home so I can tell him of any particular issues we’re having.

Peter Blake Carnegie, PA

The services were as promised. The tech was courteous, informative and very professional. When the service was completed he explained what was done and what to expect for the next scheduled service.

Friend Reseda, CA

Timothy M Provided amazing service very thorough , professional went above and beyond to explain all he would be spraining I appreciate the service it was 100% thorough Thank you Anita M.

O will League City, TX

Aptive has been pretty quick on responding to any calls when I need service. They could be a bit cheaper but their workers usually give really good service. Edwin did a great job and was very helpful when I had concerns about certain pest.