Aptive Environmental Logo

Aptive Environmental

9.7

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: December 7th, 2022

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

Founded in 2015, the company has experienced rapid growth and has been recognized by various outlets for its services and overall growth in the pest control industry. Aptive is a 2021 Gold Stevie Winner by American Business Awards, recognizing the company as 2021's Company of the Year and Fastest Growing Company. In addition, Aptive has been featured on Glassdoor and Inc.5000.

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

Hawx Pest Control Logo
#2 Hawx Pest Control chevron_right
Alta Pest Control Logo
#3 Alta Pest Control chevron_right

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive Reservice Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets
  • Aptive Reviews

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive Reservice Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

Aptive Reviews

Aptive Reviews on BestCompany.com are majority positive — 87 percent of customers award the company 4 or 5 stars. These positive reviews most often highlight the following:

• Attentive and professional technicians
  • Responsive customer service and quick problem resolution
  • Outstanding communication
  • Thorough home and pest assesments
  • Effective pest treatments

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 28 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services:

• Arizona
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin

If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

Margo Duba Gilbert, AZ

We have used Aptive at two different properties now and the service is great. It is best to be home when they spray so you can mention to the tech specific areas of concern. They successfully treated scorpions before and are now treating for cockroaches. Today, Roger came out and he was fantastic! FANTASTIC! He warned me about setting traps in my garage with my kids but they are older and I will take ownership of that risk. He set them up and showed me where. And then he sprayed outside thoroughly for me. I LOVE their complimentary respray. Yes, they come out every 60-90days, but you can ask for a respray if you see something. Thank you, Roger!

Joanne Black Newbury Park, CA

My technician, Kyle W, texted me he was on the way to my house. When he arrived, I just asked him to spray around the outside of my house. He completed the work and left my property. As usual, he did a very good job.

Patricia Rios Sacramento, CA

Shilo arrived early, but asked if it was ok first and I agreed. He did a very nice job, asked if there were specific areas needed and proceeded to do his job. He was very nice and explained what a was done and asked if we needed anything else before he left and gave me a copy of his work performed and was on his way.

Kat Littleton, CO

Living in the foothills, we had mice getting into our house. Aptive has worked well to prevent them from getting in the house with a combination of traps inside the basement room and inside the garage doors along with 4 bait boxes strategically placed outside to draw them away from the house. Secondly,, the service technicians have been polite, informative, and timely. And lastly, when my mother died earlier this year and I needed to cancel a service, I received a very kind email the manager suggesting my account be put on hold and resume when I was ready. This felt thoughtful and accommodating since I was continuing to make monthly trips out of state to manage her estate. Giving a little kindness can create loyal customers. No longer are there any mice inside my house and Aptive has been accommodating as well.

Yuliya Filippova NA

Michelle Duncan NA

Monica Palmieri Downingtown, PA

Dan did a great job. He was polite, explained everything he was going to do and asked if we needed anything anything inside done.

Max Martin Hayward, CA

NEVER USE THESE GUYS ---- Take a look at how poorly we were treated and then the underhanded deed they did. We signed up with Aptive Environmental in May of 2022, they asked for $145 for the initial service and required us to sign up for a year commitment prior to doing any work. (at $200 for the year) I agreed. They sprayed our property on May 9th 2022. And let us know that since we were signed up for a year, that we can have them come back and spray at any time that we need it. We needed it on Tuesday June 7th. Our kitchen counter was overrun with ants. I called Aptive to ask them to come out as soon as possible because this invasion was so bad that it was practically an unlivable situation. No one answered the phone. I left two messages that day but didn’t get a call back. They instead, responded with a text saying they couldn’t be out until June 10th. This was entirely unacceptable. I left two more messages letting them know that this was an urgent need. I didn’t hear back from them. Friday the 10th comes, and instead of them coming out on June 10th, they sent a text saying they would not be able to come out until June 15th. This was beyond unacceptable. I called them and told them not to bother and to cancel our contract. They said that whether the technician comes out or not we would still owe the $200. I argued that because they hadn’t been able to live up to their end of the agreement that I don’t owe the $200. They kept insisting because I signed the agreement form that I owed them $200 no matter what. I told them go ahead and charge the $200 and I’ll dispute the charges when they show up. That was the last I heard from them until November 15th when... I RECEIVED A NOTICE FROM A COLLECTIONS COMPANY CALLED A.R.M.!! WHAT!?!? How can they be that shady? Just despicable. They didn’t do the honorable thing which would have been to apologize and cancel the contract. They didn’t try to bill us, even though they had our credit card on file. (Probably because they knew I would dispute the charges and most likely win) Instead, they did something very underhanded (and possibly illegal) and sent the account to collections. (Thus an attempt to hurt our credit rating rather than trying to either charge off the balance or call us and attempt to resolve the issue.) NEVER EVER EVER EVEN TALK TO THESE GUYS!!!!!

Marilyn Rinehart Valencia, CA

Professional and caring technicians. I like the products they use .Today Sergio S took good care of all my requests . I give him 5 stars , he deserves a bonus ! Thank You .Marilyn Rinehart

David Splett Seattle, WA

Aptive Environmental is a company I have just started with. This has been their third visit to my home. This company has done a wonderful job and the gentalmen that have come out are very professional. I have only been with one other pest control company to compair pricing and Aptive Environmental has very reasonable pricing for all they do! Thanks again!

Johnny Sigmon Cumberland, MD

Hello so aptive is a big part of my family now he gave me respect they came in did what they were supposed to do talk to me about their service thanked me I told him to have a good day I will recommend to my friends and family members good company

Debbie D Thousand Oaks, CA

Bradford serviced our home today for our regular service. He was polite and professional. He went above and beyond to address all of our concerns. We would highly recommend him!

Maria Reyes Canyon Country, CA

I always love it when Aptive Pest Control comes to my home for servicing. All of their professionals are always courteous. In this instance Elizier B was exceptional! Very courteous and knowledgeable and took care of all of my concerns. Great Job! Amazing.

rob brown Spring Hill, TN

Aptive has serviced my house for about 3 yrs and have controlled the pest issues I was having previously. There have been a few times after a treatment I would still see an issue, but their free reservice always fixed the problem. Their customer service is also helpful and friendly.

Cathy Tomball, TX

First of all- GREAT RESULTS! I can’t say enough about the whole staff! They are always friendly, courteous and take the time to listen to my concerns. They always alert me before they get to my house, and we talk before they leave to make sure I am happy with their visit. Thank you Aptive for my bug free home and yard!

BR Valencia, CA

They always check in before they arrive, take the time to listen to any new concerns that may have come up since the last time they were there, and then they actually address each new or current need right then and there! It’s like they are ready to handle anything.

Tripp Plyler Atlanta, GA

Aptiva will do you right. One month they came out and we had heavy rain and it washed away the pesticide. They wound up coming out two more times to put the barrier down around the house and did not charge us extra for the service even though that second time was just days away from the scheduled service. They are worth giving a chance.

Sally Haskin Indianapolis, IN

The personal attention each Representative gives. They encourage you to voice your concerns and get straight to work to resolving the issue or give you an explanation of what the situation actually is. From the phone Reprep to the Technician, this company delivers. Thank you.

Riccardo Verdecia Sr

I’d like to commend Aptive technician Aaron G for his excellent performance yesterday September 2 2022 in my property, Aaron’s attention to detail answering specific questions and hard-work thereafter while on the premises in my opinion is a testament to his dedication and integrity. Aaron is an asset to Aptive, and I’d love to have him back on my next schedule service, thank you Aaron for your hard work and honesty.

Cheryl westrom Walnut Creek, CA

We have been using aptive for 3 years now and Sommer is by far the best representative we have had to date. She is friendly, thorough, communicates her arrival and departure information in a very timely fashion. She is professional and clearly takes pride in her work. I enjoy having the same representative each application and she has been the best one to date.

Alice Winton Canton, GA

I have been using Aptive Environmental about 10 years.. I am very satisfied with the service. They address my issues with spiders each time the technician comes. The technicians are well trained, friendly, curious,and efficient. I really like the pictures they take of the treatment cites I highly recommend Aptive Environmental if you are looking for a total Pest Control company who will treat you like family from the scheduling staff to the technicians.

Theresa Elgin, IL

We had serious ant issues! I’m talking large ant hills in the front, back and side yards. Ants all over the yard and sidewalks, even in our house. After 2 applications the problem is so much better. The ant hills are gone in the front and sides ( I haven’t walked the backyard, but I feel confident that they’re gone too). I was a bit skeptical when they came to my door to pitch their service (we have been burned badly by a siding company that folded before the job was finished). I am glad we decided to try Aptive, their communication is great - they respond quickly to texts/calls and they have done an amazing job!

Anna Vessa New Jersey

Ctarr Johnson Tobyhanna, PA

They are really good. Every person who came to my house, did their job. They were respectful, they explained things, and they were always patient.

Lily Dodge Mountain View, CA

I opened an account for pest control services with a customer service agent who told me I was signing up for "flea and rodent" services. My first appointment was cancelled abruptly after I had waited all morning, and I had to contact the company to reschedule. When they did come, they did not provide "flea and rodent services." They only sprayed for different insects. I reached out to the company to complain, so they rescheduled other technicians, who did some of what they were supposed to, including laying traps to check for next time. However, on my second appointment, the technician had no idea he was supposed to be treating for fleas and rodents. He also told me that the package I believed I had purchased was no longer offered by the company. He was not aware that he was supposed to check traps, and he did not perform any "flea and rodent" services. The receipts I received via email did not list any flea or rodent services either. When I reached out to the company, they said they had not bothered to put "flea and rodent" services on the notes for the technician, and wanted to schedule another time for someone to come out. I said no - I wanted to close my account and cancel services with them, because I am tired of waiting for technicians, not getting the services I ordered, and needing to chase down the company's customer service department every single time. They told me I need to pay a "cancellation fee" of $199. I find this unacceptable - I am paying two hundred dollars for the privilege of no longer paying for a service that is not the one I signed up for? I just want my account closed so I no longer have to deal with them.

Kasi Marshall Carrollton, TX

I don't normally leave reviews, but this was such a terrible experience that I felt the need to share. The sign-up and first treatment went great. Zero issues. For the second treatment, I got stood up twice - Aptive just no-showed. When someone finally showed up (try #3), I got zero notification that they were headed my way. Once they arrived, they were onsite less than 5 minutes. I know because my Ring doorbell caught the tech's movement. I had another treatment today and same thing - the guy was here less than 5 minutes. No way you can provide quality treatment in that amount of time, especially for what I'm paying them. The worst part is instead of offering any refund (they did offer $10 off the first time....big whoop), they offer to send someone else out. No, thank you! Stay away from Aptive!

Josh K Oak Park, CA

Roberto G was a consummate professional. He clearly communicated the whole process to me and was extremely positive and friendly. Would give more than 5 stars of I could.

Basavaprabhu Urs Rochester, MI

Be Careful with this company!! Deceitful !! Trick you getting in to contract by giving you false details!! Once you sign the contract they will show you their real face. I would have given zero or negative rating if there was an option. I have not seen such an unethical company like Aptive Environmental. Their service is very sloppy. In fact, after the treatment pest activity has increased. Also, person who did the service did such a sloppy job, that I have to show him what all places he missed to clean the webs and apply pest control products(though they were in front of our eyes). Don't ever..ever...ever....ever... signup with this company.

Jewell Jpnes Plano, TX

Connor came to see ice our home. He was very professional, and gave great information about what Aptive can do as the weather cools and rodents appear. We are pleased with the work that Aptive does.

Amit Kumar Phoenixville, PA

Masai H did a very good job to ensure no corner was left untreated. He put in insect traps in the garage and took care of sweeping up all the corners where there was spider activity. He was very respectful of the property.

Shelby Bell Hillsboro, OR

Adaptive always let's me know when they will be here and what services they provided. They are attentive to my needs and do a thorough job. So nice to have someone keeping an eye out for potential areas of need.

James Trower Milford, DE

The members of adaptive are very personable and they send a video report documenting where they apply the insecticide around my property. I would highly recommend them to anybody in need of pest control.

Kristi G TX

The employees are very respectful and courteous. They are knowledgeable and any questions I have they answer and make it simple. There isn't anything I can say negative about the company.

Metzner Fontana, CA

Via Aptive Environmental employee left me a text 45 minutes before he was going to show up and he showed up on time came and found me on my side yard because I wasn’t answering the door and I walked him around my trouble spots and he took care of all of them

sam brandt San Antonio, TX

The Aptive Representative, Trey, not only was efficient, professional and polite, but made me laugh after a long hard day. He was amazing! The service is quick, and I have no problems with pests around my home.

Tricia Melbourne, FL

I really appreciate that you give me ample notification for when you are coming and allow me to make special requests such as coming inside to spray occasionally. The technicians are always polite and service oriented.

Pnolan Rochester, MI

They come when they say they are coming. Send text and phone the day before they come. Have not seen a bug or spider since they began there applications. A little pricey, but worth it.

Rosanne Dwyer Moorpark, CA

I have been a customer of Aptive for many years now. Today Evan C came out and did my quarterly treatment. Evan was very kind and knowledgeable. He took care of everything and was very efficiant!

Amanda DeBroeck Houston, TX

Our guy, Tim, is an excellent employee. He is so kind, friendly and extremely knowledgeable about his trade. Whenever he comes our bug issues, including mosquitoes, are gone. He know exactly where to spray.

Denise Thompson Winter Garden, FL

Employees are extremely friendly and attentive to all your concerns and needs. They ask you to point out any issues or areas that you have been having problems with before starting.

Mike Oklahoma City, OK

They listen to my concerns about the problems I'm having and explain in detail how it can be resolved. The one thing I wish that could be change is a shorter or a more specific time they will be there.

MW North Richland Hills, TX

Happy customer. Our tech is professional, polite and thorough. The company will consolidate appointments for when services are most needed. First time I've seen water bugs vacate the house and pile up. One scoop and done.

Adela Aldaco Las Vegas, NV

The staff is amazing, for the most part I always have the same team member come out to my home and spray which makes it easier for me not hat having to explain what I’d like done. Ken is one of their staff members and is very professional , friendly and does an amazing job every time he comes to my home.

erika douglas Pittsburgh, PA

We had a great experience. Our service professional, Joe, started by texting me to alert me that he was on his way, and the service itself was extremely thorough. He followed up via text with photos and relevant info related to our service. I would highly recommend Aptive, and especially Joe!

Renee Santa Clarita, CA

I like that they personally get ahold of me each time they come to service my house and ask me what I need. I like that I can call/text the technician with any questions and they answer right away. There’s no automated phone line I have to go through to finally speak to a human. It’s very personal. The best customer service!

Robert D Ocala, FL

In the past year, Aptive Environmental has been servicing our property and has beed doing an excellent job. Each technician has been polite, courteous and informative as to work being performed. We have been satisfied with the service and highly recommend them.

tyedyeshelley Bixby, OK

Very friendly staff and totally explained everything! Answered all my questions and took care of all the pest problems! Gave me advice on uncluttering to keep mice out and other things I could do to help myself! Very professional! I am pleased! Thank you

Jan Hernandez Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Aptive is very responsive to my asks, when brought to their attention regarding specific issues, resolution is fast, effective and appropriate. I have complete confidence my needs will be addressed and resolution will on spot.

Kim Sugar Land, TX

The people who come out to do the work are always friendly and professional. Once, I had to reschedule an appt for an upcoming service date and sent an email to customer service like the instructions said to do if needing to cancel or reschedule (I had called by phone but could not reach someone due to wait times) but then when the old service date came where I was not available, they still came out to do the appt. I had wanted to be there. Not sure what the miscommunication was. Other than that, I have no issues with them.

Amy Chandarlis Fort Worth, TX

Aptive has always been friendly, efficient and communicative. I have never had an issue with them! In between treatments I had an influx of fire ants. I called the office and they had someone out to treat the ants the next day!