Aptive Environmental

9.9

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: November 24th, 2021

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only its customers but its employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor's "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. In October of 2019, Aptive was ranked the 28th Best Company in America on Entrepreneur Magazine's 360 list. Pearson continues to lead the company and was a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

Receive $50 off your initial pest control service when you call Aptive with the promo code "enjoy."

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

Video Customer Reviews

Karla & Eric Martin Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Karla & Eric Martin

Mariam Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mariam

Mike Beaman Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mike Beaman

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive's Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive's Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 23 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services. If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Arizona
  • Indiana
  • Montana
  • Ohio
  • Texas

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

not_listed_location

Aptive Environmental Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign a contract?

We require a contract for the first year, but after that we do not require a contract for services.

Is pest control safe for my family or pets?

Yes, it is safe. However, as a precautionary measure, we request you leave your home for two hours when having the inside of your home treated. When we are only treating the outside of your home, we do not require you to be gone.

Do you have a cancellation fee?

We do not have a cancellation fee. However, we sometimes will do promotions on the initial service of the contact and in that case, we do require that the initial service is paid for in full if the contract is cancelled.

What if I still see bugs after a treatment?

If you are still seeing bugs, we will come reservice for free. Every home is different, and occasionally it takes two visits to break up the egg cycles.

How soon before we can expect results?

The services work immediately, but expect it to take 7–10 days for the full effect.

What if it rains after my house is treated?

If it's not a downpour, then the treatment will still be effective. However if there is a super heavy storm, we will be happy to come back and reservice your home.

What kinds of pests do you treat for?

We service all general pests. This includes ants, spiders, cockroaches, rodents, wasps, yellow jackets, ticks, fleas, centipede, scorpion, mud dauber, pantry pests, and others such as millipedes, snails, earwigs etc. Note: We do NOT treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles.

How long does the service take?

The initial service takes 45 minutes; the quarterly services take 25 minutes.

What kinds of chemicals or pesticides do you use?

Our main chemicals include Taurus, cy-kick, D-fence, Demand, Sluggo, and Suspend just depending on your pest problem.

Do you offer any "green" pest control options?

We make having environmentally friendly solutions that are safe for pets and kids a priority.

Message from
Aptive Environmental

We believe every home should be enjoyed. We take on this responsibility by cultivating experts that love to serve, creating all-season treatments unique to your home, and applying responsibly sourced products that are safe for your loved ones and the environment.

Prayer Partner Jacksonville, FL

Buyer beware. Its a door to door sale. The first treatment is that day. Quarterly after that. You better be home or they just sit in the truck (so said my neighbors) and even when you are home, ten minutes max is not long enough to do the spraying they agreed to. One tech comes out and does one "sweep" of spraying and when the next tech comes out, they don't do the same thing and neither of them does much of anything. And a quarter treatment done in November is scheduled to be repeated in January. They said that was every 90 days as stated in the contract. Who can't count? Me or them? But not to worry, they don't always show up nor do you get a call that explains why they didn't come and when you contact them, they don't apologize, they just tell you the tech is out sick. Asking when the service can be rescheduled, they have to call you back. Don't sit by the phone. It could be a while. So, like your mother always told you "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is". She's always right, isn't she?

Reply from Aptive Environmental

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Please send an email to [email protected] and one of our representatives will be in touch within 24hrs!

Brenda Castillo Oceanside, CA

I called Monday 10/11, to report my new address and to schedule service. Lots of spiders and ants. I was next available was weds 10/13, perfect-scheduled appt. Weds came and no one showed. I called and was told, they are not showing an appt for that day but do see one scheduled for Monday 10/18, frustrating but ok. Monday rolls around and again no show, I call again and was told they don’t see any appts scheduled for me for this month! I gasped and asked how could this happen? I asked to speak to a manager and said all they could do was submit a form for someone to call me within 24 to 48 hours. Two days go by(now it’s weds 10/20) no phone call or email from these unprofessionals. I called them back AGAIN, told lady what’s been going on. She said she can set another appt for 10/3, that’s the soonest. She apologized for the inconvenience, I asked if I was going to be charged for October, since they kept canceling on me. She transferred me to the loyalty Dept. Someone unknowingly picked up and was talking about how drunk they got a “Eric’s” wedding the last weekend. I tried to get his attention, finally he noticed and disconnected the call. Completely frustrated, I called back this company again. I advised them what was going on, multiple no shows, no call backs, disconnected call. I was immediately transferred to a “manager” by the name of James M. He was professional sounding at least, offered me a $30 discount for my troubles. And he confirmed my already scheduled appt for 10/3. He also emailed me from his “personal” email and advised me to reach out to me if I should encounter any other issues or concerns. Fast forward to 10/3, again no show/no call. I emailed James, after a few hours of no response from him I called his number on the email and it went straight to customer service. I asked her to confirm my scheduled appointment for today and she told me that it had been cancelled and someone was supposed to reach out to me. I gave her a quick run down of my experience, she apologized and gave me another $30 credit. She said, when I called the first time to advised I moved, they changed my address but not my service area(branch?) she advised she will have the service area manager Josh D, call me within 24-48 hours. I reminded her, I have a baby here and I have been living with spiders and ants for over a month now at this new house. She said she will do her best to get him to call me hopefully by the end of that day. Well, today is 2 days after that, still no calls, texts or emails. I called back and received ok service on the phone, he pretended to schedule a service for tomorrow(because at this point, it’s a joke now) he said all he could do is to submit a form for management to call me within 24/48 hours. I thanked him for his help. I emailed back James and asked him why he offered his services to reach out to him if he had no intention of reaching out to me. Still waiting to hear from anyone.

Rebecca Burwell Lane Dallas, TX

My thanks to scheduling for providing a 2-hour window for today's (29Oct2021) service. I received the requested text messages and phone calls (announcing 30-minutes until arrival and upon arrival). I hope this continues on future service calls. Today's service resolved all the issues from last week's (23Oct2021) service call.

Roye Allen II Whitehall, MI

Roye A I found this service to be less than impressive, I believe they were out to my place 2 or 3 times and at best I saw about a 40% decrease for a about a week, after a week they were back as bad or worse every time. I called to cancel the service and was then informed that either I continue to pay for a service that dont work or I have to pay $200.00 cancelation fee which I was never informed about until I wanted to cancel (I guess, I should have known better than to trust their sales person) From my experience, this is just another trugreen company.

Vanessa E Corona, CA

I would never recommend this company. I am so unhappy with almost every aspect of their business and service. I was lied to about my contract. Even though I have the text messages from the sales man they tried to switch my contract for a longer more expensive one. The time line of services were more often than told to me through text which means way more money. I’ve, since starting in July, asked twice to speak to a manager and have been told there’s no one to speak with right away I have to wait for a call back and no one has called me back. I was told it takes at most a day. It’s been almost a month. The spray hasn’t worked. I still have all the same pests but even more now. I’ve been sprayed 3 service times and 2 resprays and nothing changes. So frustrated. Please save yourself headache and a waste of your money.

Steve T7000 Loxahatchee Groves, FL

I had an Aptive tech come out about a week ago, it was a miserable experience. He was very unprofessional told me not to follow him around before he even got started. I showed him where the ants and spiderwebs were and he told me he would take care of it. I left to run errands, he literally spent about 10 to 12 minutes at my home before he left only spraying some product in the grass on part of the lawn near the house then used a cobweb brush for about 2-3 minutes missing 90% of the spiderwebs and then he spread about a cup of granules around the house but missed the entire pool, patio, gazebo and the detached garage areas. I viewed my security cameras and confirmed the time he spent there and after walking around and saw all the same cobwebs and seeing no product like the granules where they needed to be. I did call the tech back and he argued that he did everything until I pointed out the missing granules and all the cobwebs that he did not treat. It was a very disappointing experience and I would NOT recommend. I received no follow up from the company after the service.

Lara P Amelia, OH

The technician arrived while I was not home. He rang the doorbell, waited 30 seconds, then got in his truck and left without performing any services. Later that day, I received a very detailed bill outlining all of the services completed, along with products used and a reminder not to let my pets outside for a few hours. This morning I called to report the issue. The customer service agent offered to reschedule but told me he didn't have authority to refund the bill. He couldn't transfer me to anyone but assured me he would pass along the message to the customer loyalty department who would call me back. I have yet to receive a phone call. Aptive sent a technician to my house who intentionally created an invoice for services not performed. Aptive, when presented with the situation, took no steps to rectify the issue. I have video proof that the technician did NO work. He performed NO services. Yet I have a bill that he drafted and now I am expected to pay for. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. They will tell you they have serviced your house and unless you have video surveillance such as a Ring Doorbell, you will never know if they actually serviced your house or not. And if they don't, good luck having them refund your bill.

Hamza Dridi Raleigh, NC

Absolutely awful experience! All started when someone from Aptive came to my door to offer service. I signed up and explicitly asked that my bills get automatically processed for the simple reason that I don't have time to process bills and monitor them (just like I do with all my bills). I handed my credit card to the agent who created my account on his tablet, entered my credit card information and set my account for automatic payment. I was done. Or so I thought ... It happens that in the following months Aptive failed to process the bills (seems the guy made a mistake in entering my cc information) and started sending me emails and mails, that I obviously did not monitor. I was out of country for most of summer, while these unmonitored emails and mails were pouring. When I came back by end of summer, I found out Aptive put a collection company on my back. I was fuming and called them up asking what the heck happened and why I did not get a phone call or a voicemail before taking this bold step of calling a collection company. No real answer. I asked on that call to settle my account (gave the agent my cc info to process the outstanding balance), she could not waive the fees that I felt I should not be responsible for. After settling the account, I asked her to escalate the matter, request a refund of fees, reverse collection and that someone from management team gives me a follow up call to discuss these issues. A month and a half later: Nothing! And then today (a month and a half later), I again discover another mail from collection company!!!! I called again and no explanation again! Asked to talk to someone, but the agent said that they would call me back. I ended up paying (another attempt) my entire outstanding balance - same statements of not being able to transfer me to someone or wave fees, etc ... Some basic questions to finish: 1- if a customer gives you his cc info on day one and ask explicitly for auto-payment, doesn't this say he/she is a good payer? why not calling him (not talking email or mail) instead of resorting to collection company 2- why Aptive people fail to process valid credit cards (twice) 3- why they never communicate after knowing the whole story (phone calls records and tons of notes recorded), just to explain or apologize 4- why do customer need to bare all consequences for Aptive mistakes. I know Aptive enjoys a good rating on this board, but the value of a company shows when there's a problem and how they deal with it. So I hope the people who gave 5 stars to Aptive never get into a mistake that Aptive creates.

Larry Dallas, TX

I live in Denton Tx. I was a terminix customer for years and happy with there service for the most part. A salesman stopped by and went over all the benefits of moving to Aptiv. I signed a 2 year contract. On my initial pre treatment and inspection, the service man took time to address all my concerns. A month later the first quarterly treatment was performed in 10 minutes. I have over 17000sq. Ft. Lot and was told the whole yard would be treated. Obviously, it was not. I tried to call many times and could never reach customer service in Plano Tx. There isn’t any where on their web-site to reschedule a service and they don’t have voicemail so there business model appears to 1. Get a signed contract 2. Skimp on the service the salesman promised, then 3. ignor customers when they try to speak or talk to someone about a problem. Shear genius. So , the only time you can express your concerns is on social media or the BBB or when they show up for the next quarterly treatment.

Daniel Wakin Cary, NC

This company is a SCAM!!! I'm sure I'm forgetting some of their shenanigans but I'll give it a shot... Guy comes to our door, is very confident about their service. He promised that Aptive is superior to other pest control companies. He also said he would include their mosquito treatment for free. Turns out, he did not include the mosquito treatment. I called their headquarters and complained and they said they'd include the mosquito treatment. We've had 3 treatments and only once have they sprayed for mosquitos (side note, I'm pretty sure they spray sugar water. We have more mosquitos then we ever have...). Scheduling is not great. It sounds like an internal system, not their technicians. We have had a constant stream of bugs inside and outside the house since we've signed up. The only break we've had is when our neighbor's pest control accidentally sprayed our yard. If that's not the best review of Aptive, I don't know what is. RUN AWAY

AK Miller Fort Mill, SC

Could not be worse. Aptive's products are ineffective, their customer service is abysmal, and their technicians (while very nice and polite) are untrained and set up for failure. I enrolled two of my properties for their services and they still ignore my complaints. I hired them for some very specific pest control, gave them 7 attempts to just give me an intelligent PLAN to solve the problem, and they just keep sending untrained teenagers with the same bucket of stuff to spray, with no idea what they are actually spraying, and certainly not customized for my issues as they continually promised. My teenage daughter has started mixing her own spray to get rid of the spiders in her room. Only after I gave them a 2-star review did they actually take any interest in my issue. I wrote them a LONG description of my dissatisfaction and after three weeks have still gotten no reply. I sent it a second time and still got no response. They truly do not care about their customers of quality. DO NOT USE APTIVE! And do not fall for their sales pitch. The great salesperson who sold me the service and said "call or text me with any problems," just sends me the number to customer service whenever I contact him. Then I waste half a day getting through their automated system only to get transferred 4 times to "someone who might be able to help" with my issues. Terrible, terrible company looking to make a quick buck in a rapidly developing area.

Teren Nageli Denver, CO

Terrible service. They have no problem soliciting their business door to door but to actually come out when scheduled heaven forbid. Our second appt they didn't even show or notify us until the following day where we got an automated message saying they missed the appt for "unseen circumstances" They didn't even try to not sound like a robot. Then I call customer support and wait on hold for about 15 minutes for the agent to tell me I called wrong department and that he will need to transfer me at which point the line disconnected. I called back time to the correct department and again the line disconnected. When will companies start caring about the consumer again ?

Vicki Kestermont Kansas City, MO

It doesn’t work and we have ants in our house. I watch these guys spray and there is no effort, it’s all high level and high above the house edges versus a direct point and spray. The very first treatment appeared pointed and professional. We have now canceled our membership.

Moses chapman Seattle, WA

Worst service.! If allowed I would give 0 stars. First service the employees said they don’t service the interior which according to aptive they do. Second visit was a no show but I was still charged because the employee said they serviced my home! Third visit for a 4000 sq ft home took 7 minutes. No spider webs were knocked down outside as requested. So I called and canceled service. One month later my account was charged a cancellation fee. If you live in Washington stay away!!!! Go with Orkin much more professional and employees are mature and thorough.

kelliann Cabezas Hauppauge, NY

Most of the techs came to my house unprepared and several services had to be rescheduled. After 4 treatments I still had spiders, mosquitoes and got a wasps nest! The area manager reached out to see why I have an unhappy rating and I responded with all our issues and I never heard back. My husband and I feel taken advantage of. Biggest waste of money. We thought we were doing something good for our home and our kids. We had high hopes but were 100% let down.

Billy Matheney Knoxville, TN

They have lied since knocking on my door telling me they can remove all this and that and never lived up to it. Increased spiders and ants. Came twice and never showed up for the 3 rd time after they dodged me for 2 weeks. Then got back with me and told me they would be there and never came. Then want to charge h to cancel. Don’t use this company. They are horrible and irk how the hell they got 4.5 stars!

David Holcomb Carpentersville, IL

I'm not impressed. My mom recently passed away and I am getting her house ready to sell. She is/was paying these guys $99/mo for pest control, and I found a big wasp nest going into her house siding. Are they really controlling pests? A big "NO" in my opinion. And by the way, I've been at her house quite a bit lately getting it ready to sell, and I've never seen them around. So why are they charging her $99/mo??? I hope other people have a better experience than ours.

Anthony J Lorenzo Medford, NY

Worst extermination company I have ever used. There sales team are misleading and make false promises. After canceling subscription for poor services. Aptive continued to charge my account their monthly cost of $187.13. Spoke to the manager at the Suffolk county NY branch who assured me that all my money will be reimbursed to my account within days… 3 weeks later my funds have still not been reimbursed. After calling Aptive numerous times to speak looking to management, the receptionist refuses to transfer my call and I have yet to receive a call back. STAY FAR AWAY FROM APTIVE! Use another service!

Joseph Nunez CA

I have been trying to locate the headquarters for the past three days and they have not resolved my issues. I continued to get transferred to Termite services which has nothing to do with Aptive Environmental services and they had no clue why I was transferred to them twice. Aptive does not service my area and I wanted to cancel my plan. They said a supervisor would call me back and they have not contacted me. Is this company a fraud or what so I can report them to the bureau. There headquarters are located in Utah and I have two phone numbers that get transferred to voicemails saying they will call me back if I leave my information and they have not contacted me. This company is not providing good services!

Randi Jensen Raeford, NC

We have had 3 quarterly aptive treatments so far on top of an extra treatment between services (5 services total) and the fire ants were still completely taking over our back yard. Our kids got eaten alive every time they went outside!!! We even flagged the hills in our yard to help out with ant location. It got to the point we couldn’t take it anymore! We bought “Taurus sc” for half the price of one Aptive service and did it ourselves 3 months ago. We haven’t seen an ant ever since... if you want the bugs gone, I do not recommend Aptive Environmental and very highly recommend Taurus sc diy pest control. We still have enough product for a whole extra treatment! On top of the poor effectiveness they will not release us from the contract despite the product not working.

Alexandre Luzes Arlington, TX

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT HIRE this company. They only care about collecting the $139 fee every time they come to your home, even if is a reservice and you have to spend hours on phone calls to try to have your money refunded. Lousy customer service and the pest control is not that great either. Several other companies out there are better.

Haewon Jin Anaheim, CA

I called for customer service today to confirm payment plan and contract treatment schedule and they found out contract payment plan was done incorrectly. I was claim for incorrect payment schedule and request to revise. After customer service person reviewed my contract document, keep transfer a call to another representative person for 4 times. I had to explain a case 4 times. It was their mistake and I should not treat to be a trash. I was very disappointed and being treated like waste. Never sign a contract with this company PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy Miller Clinton Township, MI

We were lied to from the start! We were told they would be spaying our entire yard every treatment as well as the perimeter of the house. That’s what we were told we were paying for. After the first treatment they never sprayed the yard again. I guess unless you watch what their doing from start to finish ever time they show up they don’t have to do what they say they will. DON’T trust them!

Dyan Kirkland Rosemount, MN

Poor communication!!!! A service pro came to my home on 6/25/21 and left without finishing the job. I tried calling the local office to see if there was a problem and to have him finish. ALL I GET WHEN I CALL IS CALIFORNIA, NY, TX!! The responder says they will let the local Edina, MN office to call me. AFTER DAYS OF WAITING and multiple phone calls to the basic 800 number (the ONLY number you can reach) I finally called BBB. I would think that such a call and report would spur on this company. They have not responded. They don't care. They billed me $130. on my credit card. I have had Aptiv for about three years. Ever since covid, they service has gone down hill. The most disgusting is not being able to talk to the local manager to address what we were trying to achieve in my back yard. All they had to do was call me. Ugh!! Terrible management.

Michael Sharp Fuquay-Varina, NC

Edit: When I told the representative that reached out to retain my business that the company's service was poor, they respond with "Don't know where you got that info. You should probably do more research", followed by links to ranking websites. Link to transcript below. No thanks Aptive for the crappy service, but much thanks for the laugh. https://photos.app.goo.gl/CAbpgKeZzQgrffwF9 Original: Company is either entirely a scam, or, my guess, is that their technicians are all contractors and their management, incentive structure, or something like is completely inadequate. A polite and seemingly knowledgeable salesman knocked on my door offering a steep discount on indoor and outdoor pest control services. Environmentally friendly, safe for pets and kids, etc. He said they were in the neighborhood servicing other homes and they wanted to fill the remaining slots for the day, hence the discounts. I agreed, trying not to overthink it, and set up an appointment for a few hours later. Shortly before the time, a technician called and advised that he was down from Richmond, VA helping service the area, and that he had run into a ditch because he wasn't used to the roads. Sounded a bit odd but hey, things happen. No big deal. Received a call the next day to reschedule for the next week. Shortly before the second, first appointment. I get a text message from a technician saying that they would not be able to make the appointment due to 'medical emergencies'... Right. When you sign up, the company requires you to sign a contract for one or two years of service, and if you cancel you must pay a penalty of several hundreds of dollars. In the fine print of the service agreement though, it states that you may cancel within three days of signing up with no cost or penalty. I called the office in Cary. Despite a long hold time, I was able to cancel without any hassle, despite being outside the three day window. The representative I spoke to was quick and professional at least. Shortly after I began receiving text messages from their retention department offering deals to stay on board. It's clear the focus of this company is selling, not service.

Scott S TX

How good your service is depends on who they send out. Overall the techs are friendly and do an adequate job. I did call once for reservice and they came back out in a week. The problem with Aptive is that they sell you on a quarterly service which means one treatment every 90 days. But they do not stick to the quarterly treatment. They schedule your appointment every 60 days. I have had to call and cancel and reschedule every time. They say they will correct it and they do not. So basically over the one year contract they will charge you for an extra 2 visits. Which if you needed them to come out in 60 days then that visit should be free. Its basically a revisit that if you needed is covered at no cost. So they are just ripping me off and I cancelled after my contract expired.

Melody Timmerman Warren, MI

Well...my experience was ok so I referred them...now am curious if the service we got was just watered down insect killer stuff. I referred them to a few different people and one couple has now had to call them FOUR times as Aptive were NO SHOWS. Never contacted the customer or anything!! We are suppose to have a treatment this Saturday but beware. I am a bit concerned about how this company may be a scam. FOUR times? Come on...I am so embarrassed I referred them now...I leave them messages and they say they will call me back and they don't. I call again and ask to speak to management and they say management will contact me and they do not. I am not normally a skeptic but red flags making me think its a scam. Buyer beware.

Nick Braun St Louis, MO

As a service, we have struggled to have our needs met by your company. That is until we were sent the service technician, Jevon. He went above and beyond to ensure that every possible solution to our issue was explored. Prior to reviving Jevon’s assistance, my husband and I were planning to switch companies. Jevon’s outstanding work and efforts have convinced us to continue to be a customer of Aptive.

Reply from Aptive Environmental

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Please send an email to [email protected] and one of our representatives will be in touch within 24hrs!

PLlam Oceanside, CA

Our technician this quarter was Sergio M. He went above and beyond any previous technicians. He went so far as to treat underneath our backyard patio furniture without me asking him to do so. Additionally, he made me aware that a bat was perching near our front door which he was able to determine from the specific droppings, and he gave me recommendations to deter the bat(s). If I can request a technician for future treatments it would be Sergio.

Teron Belcher Apopka, FL

When i moved in my home i hired them i only had a few roaches i was seeing. Ive been in my home for 3 months nkw and their worse then ever. Its like whatever their spraying is making them breed or acumilating them even more.

Alla Panova Akron, OH

First service didn't work, second one the technician cheated, walked for less than 2 minutes with yellow stick and disappeared without even spraying anything. He spend more time generating a 123$ for nothing. Scam. I'm glad I was home so I catch them. Stay away.

Jill Cole Pittsburgh, PA

They told me at 2. I called and they said a 2 hour window 2 to 4 so at 4 I called back. They say it's a 4 hour window 2 to 6 so at 6 I call back. The guy calls the one in brideville 10 times and they never pick up so I had to reschedule. I waited till 8 just incase and they never showed up or called. I had stuff to do and I sat there all day waiting is that how u treat ur new customers. Not happy at all with them.

Bonnie Mukilteo, WA

One of your drivers almost hit me driving a black pickup truck in bothell WA. While also driving with a full truck bed that was not secure at all. After I was almost hit by the truck something flew out of the truck’s bed and hit my car. Not securing loads is illegal in WA state and extremely dangerous. Maybe don’t give this irresponsible business your money?

Mark Masthoff San Antonio, TX

Unsatisfactory - Purchased services two weeks ago ONLY after requesting assurances that the pesticide applications would not damage outdoor plants. Turns out that five plants have leaf and/or branch burn from the sprayed chemicals. We rejected $20 coupon offer (!) and see no practical reason to continue services that cause damage. Waiting now for Aptive to propose a resolution. Depending on outcome, will not hesitate to post comments on social media, including Facebook and Nextdoor.

john bergeon Sterling Heights, MI

Had a sales guy come thru my neighborhood and give me a sales pitch, I decided to try it now on the day they are to be here no call no show wasted a good part of my day waiting on them. Called the service number just to be put on hold for a long time and told they don't know what's happening but the guy is no where near me. If this is how there going to treat a new client I'd hate to be a regular.

Davida Crozier Frisco, TX

Aptive Pest Control misrepresented their service(s) to me. I was informed that the first treatment would be incredibly cheap and was led to believe that the subsequent treatments were the same price. When the salesman was quizzed about this he did allow that the subsequent treatments would be at a higher rate. I explained that I was willing to give this a try for a couple of treatments. Nothing was stated at that time about a year long contract or that I would have to pay over $230 to terminate the contract if I wanted out. Now that I have cancelled the contract, Aptive is coming after me for the $230 cancellation fee.

Daniel Evans Waukesha, WI

Beware of their sales tactics. They represented that they performed a service to treat for Asian beetles and stink bugs. Signed an agreement with them in August 2020. after initial service and first quarterly service, requested a reservice in October for asain beetles and stink bugs. Were informed at that time during the service that the best time to treat for them would be early spring. Our bug issue has gotten worse and when contacting in march 2021 for reservice to address, we were informed that this was a service they do not provide. Aptive was able to comment that they would be able to "train or inform" their local sales team that this is service they dont perform. However, as the customer is am out all the money that was invested in treatments based on their commitment to treat. Would stay far away from this company.

Chitr Philadelphia, PA

Today on Friday 3/19/2021 1.25 pm  I have called to schedule a service for ant problems. We have been in contract with Aptive for over 2years. Today Apitive representative named Dan (who described himself as account manager ) was very disrespectful with me while I requested that send an experienced pest control specialist becuase I have a 7-month-old baby. He was rude and said that "We are not going to spray on your baby". I said to him that not the nice way to talk about the baby he was defensive and rude. it appears that he does not know how to be respectful to the person with an accent as well as with a female customer.

Russ.Shelly Landry Minneapolis, MN

I would never recommend this company. We have had them for nearly one year. We hired them specifically for spiders in and around our home and for voles in our yard. They assured us that they could take care of both situations for us. After nearly one year, the spiders are no better and the voles are worse. The vole damage in our yard is so severe now that we need to have a landscaper repair it. We are in the process of requesting a refund for the last several treatments but unfortunately we are learning how rude and unhelpful their customer service is as well. We have been told several different stories of how to get a refund and have been told several times that we will get a call back from a supervisor. No call back has happened. This company has taken a lot of our money but has not delivered an effective service. I advise you to look elsewhere.

Alfred Ray Modesto, CA

Mr. H. was amazing. He made sure that my yard was absolutely for free. He made sure all the eaves we’re clean and free of spiderwebs. Make sure you get that guy as your technician.

Feb. 9th, 2021

Henry Le San Diego, CA

Armando sprayed very carefully, in almost every corners of the garden. He also used a long stick to get rid of the spider web along the gutters. I haven't seen anybody to use that long stick before. I'd like to have him for the next service.

Oct. 6th, 2020

Barbara Field ,

The technician let me know via text well in advance of his arrival time so I could open my garage even though I was in Zoom meetings while he was here. He then texted me when he finished so I could close it when I could. He was fast and professional.

Oct. 6th, 2020

Allison Hardy San Antonio, TX

Other than not getting my notice ahead of time for service so I was caught off guard, the technician was very thorough & did a great job. I was able to communicate with him through my Ring cameras. He was professional & accommodating. He's been the best technician I've had so far.

chmills1cm San Antonio, TX

Brittany J, Thank you for all you do. Since I have been an aptive customer you are the 1st person that had perfect customer relations. That is a caring and informative employee. Stay safe. Because of you I will remain a loyal customer.

Brian MacLeod New Braunfels, TX

What a tremendous improvement over the last two who said they visited and never did. This tech was great!!! While this tech was great. the other two were horrid and the company’s responsiveness is bad. So I give the tech a good review, but not the company.

Ricky Robinson Katy, TX

The door to door sale man tells you one no pay payment for three months the company charges you after the 20 day visit that is not a good thing was told on the phone it is what it is and can’t talk to nobody else and if u back out of contract you owe 200 dollars so u are stuck

Felicia Mitchell Allen, TX

Very displeased. Called for service, booked, and no one showed up. Called to ask for district manager who promised to call. Haven't heard from them and its been a week. Had no problem taking my money, but have not been able to get my services rendered. Will not recommend to them at all.

Jim Plainview, NY

These guys go door to door on hoverboards and try to sell you on a plan that can reduce your bills. They came back like 3 times despite my disinterest. Mind you this door to door soliciting is illegal here. Even if their service were to be superior (I have doubts) I wouldn’t use them based on their annoyance factor.

TeeJay JONES Denver, CO

I am a resident in Virginia Beach VA and witnessed one of your representatives disrespecting a young man from another pest control company (I will not mention the name of his company) today. The young man was simply walking towards my neighbors residence when your Aptive representative berated him. I could see the young man was rattled and just walked away. I found it so rude that I will say now that I would not and will never use Aptive at all. In fact I will only consider the company of the young man who was deprecated who in fact was very polite when speaking to me.

May. 31st, 2021

Mike Svendsen Forest Lake, MN

Great sale tactics, terrible product. Was told it would take care of most insect around the house. We still have spiders, lady bugs, wasps, boxelder bugs, etc. Called to cancel and they wanted to charge me another $300 to cancel because they didn't live up to how they sold their product. Scam is coming your way. Horrible customer service with that BS. Better off doing this yourself and avoid an unpleasant cancelation call later.

May. 31st, 2021