eHarmony Logo

eHarmony

4.0

LAST UPDATED: October 2nd, 2022

eHarmony joined the dating scene in 2000 when Dr. Neil Clark Warren a clinical psychologist with a master's degree in Divinity, decided there was a better way to find love. Instead of just relying on luck, Dr. Warren found that if people were to find true, compatible partners, he would need to find what makes a long-term, fulfilling relationship successful.

Note: While the brand previously ran a sister site called Compatible Partners for people seeking same-sex relationships, this site was integrated into the standard eHarmony site in 2019. Now users just set their preferences when creating their eHarmony account and profile.

What is the eHarmony signup process like?

Consumers can sign up for this dating platform on the web or through mobile apps. The free eHarmony app is available for Android and Apple devices. In-app purchases will apply if you wish to upgrade to an eHarmony subscription.

Unlike other online dating sites and mobile dating apps, eHarmony's matchmaking services uses a scientific matching algorithm encompassing 32 Dimensions of Compatibility. When creating an eHarmony profile, users complete an intensive relationship questionnaire for compatibility matching with other members. Users are then given different membership options. eHarmony members can also receive expert advice on dating on and offline for free.

eHarmony customer support is available 24/7 via an online submission form, as well as on-site live chat.

Read eHarmony reviews and complaints to see what other online daters are saying about their experience with this dating app.

The Good

• The eHarmony Guarantee
  • Relationship Questionnaire and Matching System
  • Senior Dating Advice
  • History of Success

The eHarmony Guarantee

eHarmony stands behind its services and genuinely wants to help its users find meaningful connections. That being said, the eHarmony Guarantee states that if an online dater is not satisfied with their matches in three months, eHarmony will allow that member to use the service for an additional three months at no cost.

All eHarmony asks is that members meet the following requirements:

• Complete the Relationship Questionnaire
  • Build a profile (with a minimum of 3 approved photos; profile must be completed within the first 5 days of the current subscription)
  • Send or reply to a Qualifying Communication Form (from at least 5 other members; messages or favorites)
  • Be a paying member for at least a 3-month paid membership
  • Comply with the General Terms and Conditions

Members should be aware that the guarantee can only be redeemed once per account, and it is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for money.

*Users may redeem guarantee prior to their expiration/renewal date by contacting customer care via phone, email, or chat.

Relationship Questionnaire and Matching System

When signing up for this online dating platform, users fill out a compatibility test. The eHarmony questionnaire is comparable to a personality test mixed with questions about relationship wants, needs, and goals.

While it previously took about 45 minutes to fill out the online questionnaire, the number of questions has been reduced and takes about 20 minutes to complete. However, users have the option to save and come back to the dating site later to complete the remaining questions.

After completing the compatibility quiz, each user can see their matches that meet their Match Preferences — location, age, etc. The aim of this drawn-out registration process is to help users find compatible matches, rather than just view the full pool of local singles. eHarmony states that its compatibility matching system aims to set members up with people they have the most potential for a long-term relationship with, based on its 32 Dimensions of Compatibility.

eHarmony experts have conducted and analyzed numerous studies of happy couples and found that there are many personality factors that influence a compatible match. These personality traits can generally be categorized within the following groups:

• Emotional Temperament
  • Social Style
  • Physicality
  • Relationship Skills
  • Values and Beliefs

Senior Dating Advice

eHarmony states that the company is committed to helping men and women find love, no matter their age. In order to help seniors struggling with online dating, eHarmony offers a variety of dating resources on its free senior dating advice site. Older adults can get expert advice or talk with other members in the dating scene.

History of Success

eHarmony has helped 600,000 married couples tie the knot and counting. According to a Harris Interactive study, an average of 542 people who met through its online dating service are married every day in the United States. If these numbers are accurate, that means almost four percent of all marriages in the United States happen thanks to eHarmony. This track record and focus on long-term relationships should help prospective customers to know whether this is the option for them.

The Bad

• Limited Free Account Features
  • Extra Features Will Cost You More
  • No Background Checks
  • Information Sharing

Limited Free Account Features

While it’s free for users to start an account and review their potential eHarmony member matches, you must be a paid member to send and receive messages.

A messaging paywall is not uncommon in the industry, it can be frustrating for those not wanting to pay for a premium account.

The free account and mobile app does allow members to create a personality profile—members can include physical appearance, personal characteristics, religious preferences, partner expectations, interests, opinions, relationship status, sexual orientation, commitment level, etc.

Extra Features Will Cost You More

After filling out the questionnaire, eHarmony presents users with a few membership options. You can keep the basic profile for free, but you won't be able to do much in terms of interacting with other users or viewing full profiles. Upgrading from the basic plan to a Premium membership will add several more tools to your search for love, including the following:

• Enhanced search features, including distance/proximity search
  • Access to your detailed personality profile and analysis
  • Unlimited messaging
  • View photos of matches
  • See who has viewed your profile
  • A complimentary review of your dating profile with tips for improvement

Premium Plans

In addition to free user access, paid members of this dating service can browse anonymously, receive read receipts on their messages, and be featured with Spotlight. Occasionally there will be online eHarmony discount codes premium memberships, as well as promotional introductory offers.

Premium Lite

Premium Plus

Premium Extra

• 6-Month Plan
  • $59.90 per month
  • 12-Month Plan
  • $35.90 per month (standard price)
  • 24-Month Plan
  • $25.90 per month (standard price)

No Background Checks

When you join eHarmony, the company does not currently conduct criminal background check services. However, the terms and conditions state that the company reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check at any time using available public records.

Information Sharing

As members use eHarmony, legally the online dating company can record and keep the information shared. The information collected may be used to improve its services or be collected as information for studies and similar companies around the world.

eHarmony members will also receive emails upon signing up. These emails sometimes come from eHarmony or other related brands. Members can choose to opt-out of these emails in their settings but should plan on receiving multiple emails daily from eHarmony or one of its partners. Especially for free members, these newsletters and promotions are a good place to look for coupon codes.

eHarmony also discloses that if a person chooses to connect their social media accounts to their dating profile, the company has permission to use the information collected. The terms and conditions state, “By connecting the eHarmony account to a social networking site, members consent to the continuous release of information to eHarmony.”

The Bottom Line

If you're serious about trying online dating services with the goal of a relationship, eHarmony works with like-minded people. It uses scientific data and personality trait analysis to add some order to the chaotic dating world, rather than just showing nearby singles in your age range as many other dating apps do.

While eHarmony may not be the best choice for daters looking for short-term relationships or "hook-up" type dates, it is a promising option for marriage-minded singles aiming to find a compatible partner.

As with all dating sites, users may come across some fake profiles or scammers, so it is best to be cautious when giving out sensitive information.

Consumers can try out eHarmony for free to test the waters, but a paid eHarmony membership is necessary to reap most of the benefits the platform has to offer. Although users will probably get more out of their online dating experience as a premium member; the free membership only offers limited communication, but still allows users a chance to access eHarmony, build a profile, and get an idea of their potential match opportunities.

Still not sure about this dating website? Scroll down to check out the latest consumer reviews. If you are trying to decide between eHarmony or Match, check out our side-by-side comparison: eHarmony vs Match

Have you tried this online dating site? How did it work for you? Would you recommend it to a friend? Let us know with a quick review below.

1.9

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Jewelleah Kempers Los Angeles, CA

I enjoyed my experience with eHarmony very much. There were a lot of great people on the site and it was not hard to find several interesting matches to dive in conversations with and get to know better. I eventually got back together with my ex, so I discontinued my membership, but for several months it was kind of exciting to see so many possibilities. They do a great job of matching you with the parameters you select, so you are never wasting your time with someone who is not pre screened for your perfect matches! It really is a quality place to meet like minded suitors!

Jonathan Anchorage, AK

I signed up believing there were matches in my area and as they don't allow you to search their site without subscribing, I did and found there were only 10. So I contacted eharmony and they kept telling me to increase the area increase the age range but barely got any. So I asked if I can cancel as I only paid for the first of 4 payments and they refused. They have no clause stating you may not find any matches in your area and I am angry that they are a scam site and I was the chump that bought into it. They are a complete waste of time and money.

gracecarelli West Hollywood, CA

EHarmony is not to help you to find a partner but to collect your money and they are good at it. No way you can cancel the subscription, there is no such option.. they are keeping you chained to their stupid terms and are laughing all the way to the bank while the service they provide are less than minimum. It’s a good financial site for them and nothing in return for you . It’s a scam

AC Birmingham, AL

Horrible. Inefficient. A rip-off. Expensive. Worst customer support ever. They refuse to give you a refund. The matches have nothing to do with my expectations. They make you do a long "personality test", which is a waste of time. This is a real scam.

1 day ago

Sharon Williford Hendersonville, TN

I would not recommend eHarmony to anyone. For starters, it to be incredibly expensive, one of the far more expensive options out there. Their site is pretty much useless unless you commit to one of their absurdly overpriced plan options. But being a big fan of the Myers-Briggs and Enneagram personality tests and then hearing all their advertisements that contain endless promises of more compatible matches based on their compatibility tests, I was intrigued enough to give it a try thinking I was signing up for a more unique and quality dating experience. I spent a lengthy period time answering their "compatibility" questions just to find it yield a dating pool of potential matches that were no more compatible with me than that of it's other far less expensive or free dating site or app competitors. In the end, despite my extreme dissatisfaction with the site I was held accountable for the full price of the one year plan for which I had signed up. Customer service/care is non-existent, I could barely find a number or even the option for an online chat with a representative for assistance of any kind. And you can best be sure they were very much on top of collecting each and every painful payment regardless of whether I was using the site or not, as well as trapping me into the commitment of auto renewal for another year as stated within the fine print. In the end, my opinion is that eHarmony comes across as more of a money-making scheme taking advantage of consumers rather than a true quality dating experience. Please do not waste your time or money with them. I can assure you there are better options out there.

Maria Heidl Glastonbury, CT

This has proven to be the worse dating site. It is nothing like they profess to be. It is very complicated to use and most of the matches they give you are so far away. I had complaints from day one and they danced around them After many complaints they cancelled my auto renewal be email and then proceeded to charge my credit card company. It took me a long time and a lot of emails and disputes to get rid of them. Terrible customer service!

Wendy Wonder Milford, MA

I was on eHarmony about 14 years ago. I received matches that were few and far between—nothing in common with me at all. So far away from my location that it would have taken an airplane to reach them. Unemployed, uneducated, ridiculous matches ... it was as if they were throwing anyone at me and not very often. Recently, now 14 years later, I have moved, still single, and reviews show that demographically only 14% of people over 55 in the entire country are on EH. My girlfriend who is 14 years younger was on for an entire year and was ready to get off because none of the very few single men EH sent to her were even near to her, let alone anything like what she put down in her search. Lucky for her she met the last person, as she was ready to get off ... and he turned out to be great. However, she's in a different demographic group, she still went an entire year with no prospects, and the jury is still out. I tried to enroll recently and when I got to the information part (sign up) it kept giving me an "error" message. Lucky for me! After attempting five times I gave up and considered myself fortunate after reading the reviews and horror stories. I recall trying to get EH to take my profile off, and having to threaten them when they did not, and all of a sudden they kept sending me matches ... laugh, no one has that kind of time. The site is antiquated, few people are meeting anyone, and I hear that MATCH will soon be purchasing eHarmony. BAD BUSINESS - BAD SITE - TOO EXPENSIVE for nothing. Don't bother. It had its day.

Megan Moeller Enumclaw, WA

Scammed out of several hundreds of dollars with not one match or communication through their app. Yes it’s true. I signed up for a 6 mo membership @ $167 (60% off deal), received not one match and no communication in that time. I canceled after 4 months and was then charged $230 at the end of the membership period. When I called they said they could absolutely not refund my money, when I asked to speak to a supervisor they said no. My only option was to email my request for refund. I did. Response was no they cannot refund. So, now I have a membership for another period of time and when I log in, I can’t see anyones photos as they are blurred out! It’s as if I don’t have a membership. Thanks eharmony for screwing me, and not in the way I had hoped. Huge fail. Fraudulent company. Scammers. Only want your money. Do not waste your time.

Dottie Denver, CO

There is very LITTLE activity on this site. Customer service does NOT respond to your emails. The quality of people on this site is awful!!! And YES, they are over priced. Stay away from this site. It is a total waste of your money.

Louise King Adelaide, SA

Eharmony are happy to take money but do not offer cancellation and refund of outstanding amount for a years subscription. Even if you meet someone in the first month. You lose all your money! Are they there to help you meet someone happily ever after or just another tinder? You meet someone and reward is they keep all your money

Joan Rosen Roslyn Heights, NY

The WORST!!! High fees to join. NO matches in my 100- mile radius. No responses from what I must now think are "fake" profiles. Many "profiles" without photos. Horrible customer service. They have an excuse for everything. Save your money and your good intentions for a site that's better. Try Zoosk.

Katherine Reed York, PA

Awful rip off stay away 75 percent don't have paid accounts so you can't see any of there photos or write back to them if they don't make a paid account worthless

reynaldo reyna Round Rock, TX

Eharmony is a fake 💯 they do not ever respond to your emails and they do not have a customer service phone number. You can’t never talk to anyone. They are fraud company . I hope this message gets through to people and you are better of with going thru other on line service s.

Misty Richards Yukon, OK

SCAMMERS/CON-ARTIST- I signed up thinking I would get more selections in my area. Exactly 10 min later under impression that I had 30 days to get out of the contract. (Turns out that’s only for a state that I don’t live in) I began emailing asking to cancel the membership exactly 10 min later and delete my account. They refused. I deleted my account and replaced my cc so they couldn’t automatically take the $$$. Now I am getting credit collection letters. These ppl got a months worth of pay out of me and I deleted my account that day and they refuse to do the right thing and let me out of this contract SMH SHAME ON THEM!

Brittney Butts Gainesville, FL

Love this dating site, met my husband of almost eleven years on here! Took about three months before we matched but had maybe six other matches that seemed like I had a lot in common with so they are great with how they match. I definitely recommended other singles who want a serious relationship to make an account.

Lauren San Antonio, TX

eHarmony was easy to use. I set up my profile and started matching with people the same day.

tonia wilson Havre de Grace, MD

I am in th e Baltimore region and no one is paying the rate in the area. There are no good matches. I contacted eharmony immediately and they said they could not refund the money. So at $350 I have been sitting for moths with no action. That’s a lot of money in this horrible economy. Basically they stole the money knowing there is no one around me. If your in the Baltimore area please please don’t waste your money. I thought we’ll it’s the beginning of the summer it will get better. Never did.

Lindy Joy Champlin, MN

This company charged me for a 12 month renewal without my approval ($400). I had not logged in for about six months and did not receive a renewal notice (which they claimed they sent). They then locked my account so I couldn't pay anyway and wanted me to send money to a bank. When I repeatedly asked to speak to an actual person, they claimed they do not speak to anyone on the phone anymore. Sketchy! When they have do many users and charge so much, why would they waste their time threatening to send me to? They can see that I hadn't logged in or used their services for months. Rip off!

Randy Johnston Nampa, ID

This service ridiculous. I signed up a month ago & they have already charged my account $240.00. I tried to cancel a couple weeks ago because I found ZERO acceptable matches. They basically said tough we will be charging you for 6 months. NO compassion or understanding, just you signed up, we made no guarantees, tough your stuck.I could have done better at the homeless camp downtown. They only gave me a very few ridiculous choices.

Bettie Whyte Lincoln, AL

The selection was not what I acquired and within a day I called to cancel. I was told to send and email requesting to cancel. I did! Then three days later I checked to see if the account was canceled and it wasn't. I was charged. I was told I could not cancel due to the state I lived in. WTF... NO, you're going to give me my money back. I refuse to pay for a service for six months that I'm not going to use... Still fighting for my refund and cancelation! DO NOT USE EHARMONY!

Ashley Parrish NC

Not only do I have to use a compatibility profile from over 3 years ago, and when I asked to redo I was told it won't make a difference on people you see in your list, so first of all why even do one then? Then you have to sign up for months on end, no monthly subscription available and I don't want the service for 6 months. Thirdly, after being on the site twice in a 3yr span, the people are the same!! How!? If you're the number one site for finding relationships but the list of people never changes, no updates, and has people from 3 years ago, obviously your site isn't working! Customer service is a loop and the entire experience just sucks!

Denis T Mississauga, ON

I had a 12- month membership on this site and only communicated with 2 people. Choices are really limited. They trick you into buying a membership. After my membership expired I started getting tons of messages and likes. I decided to renew my membership for another 12 months and all of a sudden it's dead again... I suspect they use fake profiles to message potential customers and trick them into purchasing premium plan. Once you do- everything stops, no messages, likes, etc. I find it very strange... I asked to cancel my membership and get a refund on day 4 and they are refusing. They only allow cancelations in certain states which violates laws, every contract must have cooling- off period. I'm filing a formal complaint with the local government and I encourage everyone else to do the same. Stay away from eharmony, COVID restrictions are getting lifted, better to meet someone in person.

Sideria Houston, TX

eHarmony helped me find my husband was very blessed their the best thank you eHarmony.

Steve H Rapid City, SD

Definitely NOT worth it. You will read other reviews of very poor customer service. In my experience was dealing with their 2FA. “2 factor authentication “ It would not authentic me or send a code. When I contacted their support it would take over a day for them to respond. They would send me a code by email and that would work for about 2 weeks then I would have to start the process all over again. There is no way to call them ONLY by email. The other issue is the lack of CURRENT profiles. Most of the profiles have no picture or information. VERY SAD AND VERY EXPENSIVE

Kat Slusser Windsor, CA

Same as everyone else - I signed up for the ridiculously expensive price of membership, chose the 6 month payment option, and there were ZERO people in my area within reasonable driving distance. I asked eharmony to cancel my service, and to stop charging me the remaining payments, and they refused. So I filed a complaint with the BBB, and will dispute the charges when they hit my card. Awful customer service.

Silvia Oakland, CA

The company fails to respond to emails asking for clarification about policies blocking other participants. . I’ve contacted them several times via email and have never received a response. Further, on the rare occasions they provide “matches” and I click on I'm informed that they been blocked because they’ve violated vague “terms and conditions.” I feel like im being scammed! AVOID!

Michelle Rider Waxahachie, TX

I signed up for an eHarmony account a few months ago, right away canceled it within minutes. They still charged my account and now they are sending almost $300 to collections. I called them and they would not have anything to say to me about it. This company is going downhill and desperate to make money so now they are stealing from clients. Look on the Better Business Bureau, the ratings are horrible. A few people had the same experience I did.

LL Bluffton, SC

eHarmony is the worst dating site I have ever tried. It appears as if there are no women on the site. The platform is not user-friendly. Their search options are far from productive. The price for their service is excessive when compared to competitors. Their payment plan is confusing and misleading as it does not allow for the service to be cancelled during the initial installments. I advise everyone to stay away from this dating site.

Dana Z Santa Barbara, CA

Trash business practices. They just charged my credit card $720.00 for a full year subscription at full price... Little did I know whne you sign up that they require an "auto renewal" that you have to cancel (it is hidden in all the legalese print of terms and conditions, apparently. At FULL PRICE. I thought I had been hacked. But no, they can charge that amount directly with no notice of my term ending prior to charging me, and of course there is NO REFUND AT ALL. NOTHING.

Stacey Lein Edmonton, AB

If I could give eHarmony a "0", I would. The matches are very limited, not my preferences and it was a waste of money. There is no option to cancel, and when you do get a hold of someone, there is ZERO OPTION TO CANCEL. You can not get a refund, and they take your money monthly, even if you do not use the site. Terrible customer service, they do NOT CARE if you are not happy with their services. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME PEOPLE!!!

Justin Kraemer Henning, MN

For the outrageous sticker price, you get a whopping handful of “matches” that barely ever refresh. Even with the promo’s, the cost is insane for an inferior product to most modern free dating apps. And you can guarantee if you forget to cancel, you’re stuck will that inside sticker price. On top of all that, the customer service is the worst in the industry. Give them a call if you’re in need of someone just telling you you’re wrong!

Natasha Butler, PA

Buyer beware, I joined eharmony last year and buried in one of the emails had a single statement that it would automatically renew at a cost of $760+. And I only found out that I was being charged $761 when the fraud division of my bank notified me, I contacted eharmony and that's when they told me about the email, I also consulted with an attorney, which he also stated that if they sent me the email with a cost of auto renewing my subscription, I should pay them and write it off as a lesson learned, which is what I am going to do. This is not the first time I used online dating. Using Facebook dating I met my current husband.

Mike Coleford, GLS

Seriously stay away from this site. It is an actual scam. How are they still allowed to operate? All other sites allow a 14 day refundable trial period. Apparently by law. Eharmony expect you to cancel in the first 3 days to be refunded. Why? They have scammed me for £70 as I cancelled 11 days from subscribing. Am still emailing after 2 weeks. They have stopped replying with generic messages and are now ignoring me. I suggest you pay with paypal then cancel their direct debit before you cancel with them. They also show up on DD as a dating and escort service. Hmm. I was showed five 'matches' and couldn't explore anyone else they didn't match me with so was restricted. Utter rubbish. Scammers!

Tali Wolder Delray Beach, FL

Don't bother wasting a penny with eharmony. This dating site has seen better times, it is noticeably dated and its algorithms are just sad. There are so few paying members, well, so few members at all and the matches are just awful. I'm a 56 year old woman, successful, educated, intelligent and well traveled. I am extremely fit and healthy. I don't need a man but would like to find an equal to share my life with. EHarmony thinks I am best matched with people who have high school educations, mediocre jobs and mostly haven't traveled further than their neighboring city. None of the extremely limited matches looked they they had done any kind of exercise in the past 10 years. Coming back to the algorithms, I am liberal and live in a very blue part of Florida. In this day and age how on earth am I matched with so called moderates and conservatives. EHarmony has seen better days, once again - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

tuere3 Washington, DC

Nobody uses this site! There are many, many more users on other sites. Incredibly expensive (compared to other dating apps), but no pay off. Also, it was not clear to me at all that by signing up for a year of service I would only be able to cancel for a full refund within 72 hours of payment. I am generally pretty conscientious about cancellation policies and if it had been at all obvious at the time of sign-up that the cancellation policy was so restrictive, I would not have opted for a 12-month membership. Such a strict cancellation policy for a dating service feels almost predatory in nature and totally inconsistent with the cancellation policies of every other dating apps that I've used (Hinge, Bumble, OK Cupid, Match). I was told (when I could finally contact customer services because they were impossible to locate) that I could continue to use for the full year, but I won't even bother the site is so mediocre. Just save your money and avoid at all costs!

Stacey Cullen Aliso Viejo, CA

This service is a rip off. They do not care about you finding a match; they are only there to take your money. The free version is useless. The paid version only allows you to cancel after three days so you have to really bustle try it in that time, which most of us have jobs so that is not possible. My preference was 10 years and 30 miles in California and I had very few matches sent. Customer care is more apt company care as they do not hear or address concerns, they only hold up the company T&C so read carefully before paying a dime. This service is very expensive and the ROI is zero! Go elsewhere or buy a lottery ticket as you are just as likely to win as you are to find a match on this site. Their advertising is false; don’t believe it.

King Arthritis Pflugerville, TX

I've signed up through several dating sites and this one takes the cake as the worst one yet. After spending a several hours filling everything out and answering the questionnaires I had all of 6 matches within 50 miles and 3 of them were fakes with no prof pic. It's like the dev team for the app just time traveled from 2005 and doesn't seem to be aware of just how far we've come in web dev. And one of the more interesting finds is on there own site where they brag about getting good reviews from a pool of 1600 people out of the over 10mil users. Then we get to the back end service support side which is just someone named "Nikki" who treats you like you're the one scamming them! Like, really?! I used the service for 4 days and you charged me $400 but I'm the scam artist! TL;DR: eHarmony is a scam; don't buy

Warren IL

I had joined eharmony before and found many fake profiles. Also, when you put your desired characteristics in for a match, the matches they give you don't fit those characteristics. When you delete the ones you don't want, they show up in the next day's pre-chosen matches. Contacting customer care does no good. They never answer your questions or concerns. It should be customer don't care. Thought I'd give it another shot with the new year, hoping eharmony had improved it's site with all the negative reviews. They haven't. It is worse than ever. Tried to purchase a 6 month subscription to test it out. I couldn't. Supposedly there was a 35% discount for six months. Tried this one, showed a 3 month subscription in my details, but I couldn't send messages (the receiver didn't get them though they showed in my message center) and my profile could not be accessed via a match search with specific details. (Had a friend try to find me using their profile. They couldn't) Eharmony is a fraudulent company and should be closed down. Tried to go in and change the subscription from auto renew, following the help instructions, can't be done. Had my bank deny the charges. EHarmony will take your money but not provide a good service that actually works. Their customer care is a joke.

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

Overall, not a bad company. The website does allow you to chat with people and truly try to get to know people. This was purchased for me as a gift to try and find love. Sadly, it's too expensive and I couldn't keep up with it and it wasn't really working. But I do like what they have to offer and I believe it could be great for so many!

Edward

Apologies for length, but this seems to be a genuinely serious issue, and I hope you will read it through. Well, the jury is still out, and I am still a member. l want to qualify something first. I am not some disgruntled complainer with an axe to grind. Certainly, I am not the ULTIMATE good-looking, wealthiest stud on eHarmony, but my profile and photos are pretty decent. Here's my point. After 6 weeks I have received 327 "compatible" matches, and despite reaching out with either a "smile" and/or a short, friendly message to many, I have received only 2 "smiles" and 2 reply messages, or less than a 1% response rate. I have received zero contact from the other 250 ish women that I did not yet reach out to. One other thing: there have been only about 17 visits to look at my profile. That means that out of 327 "compatible" matches, 310, or 95%, didn't even bother to take a look at my profile. So, this isn't about hurt feelings or rejection whatsoever. Honestly. What is striking is that these percentages (which are completely accurate) don't even enter the realm of "statistical error", they are so small. The only conclusion I can come up with is that a large number of these so-called "compatible matches" are from old, inactive profiles. This seems to be corroborated by the fact that several of my "new list of daily matches" have included old, recycled profiles that I had seen before. Finally, a friend who is also on eHarmony described a very similar experience to mine during this same time period after I shared my story with her, and she would probably fit into the top 15% of most men's idea of desirable. I'm not sure what is going on, but it seems that eHarmony might be stuffing the site with non-existent profiles to make the selection of potential matches look larger than it is. I am going to follow up on this.

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

I have been on eHarmony for about a month now. It has been an amazing way to connect with people within my area. Although I am skeptical about online dating, it has been such an easy and stress-free way to make those connections. I would recommend eHarmony over any other dating service when it comes to the platform.

Dillion Moore Philadelphia, PA

My mother passed away and there still charging my account. I emailed them a month ago and also this month when they continue to take money out my account. They say someone will get back to me but never do!

Jason James Winnipeg, MB

This company is corrupt. They put in the fine print that when your subscription id done they automatically renew which is BS They don't even send you an email of anything to let you know hoping that they can screw you into renewing.

Lori Bozievich Camarillo, CA

BEWARE, THIS SITE HAS THE WORST MATCHES, ITS NOT THE SAME AS IT WAS 15 YEARS AGO. IT'S PATHETIC NOW, OVER PRICED, AND THE CONTRACT IS SOOOOO ONE SIDED, THEY CAN CHANGE IT AT ANYTIME, BUT YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION. SLIMY COMPANY!!!!!! CONSUMER ADVOCATES NEED TO RESEARCH THIS!!!!! VERY BAD EXPERIENCE! I wish I explored the free sites first! Much better, and if you want to upgrade THEY DON'T LOCK YOU INTO A CONTRACT TO A CONTRACT 3X MORE THEN BETTER DATING SITES.

Nathan Staehling Denver, CO

Eharmony is a scam. In 2 months I have not recieved one single real match. I am sent 3 or 4 "matches" per week and they are all the same thing. A woman logs on, creates half a profile and then never logs in again. I have yet to be matched with another paid member to even make an attempt at communication. The only filter settings I use are age 30 to 50 and within 150 miles of Denver. If eharmony expects me to be a recruiter, they can put me on the payroll.

JAbrams Round Rock, TX

I was scammed by eHarmony, in the form of them creating fake profiles to lure me into buying an expensive subscription. Once I created my profile, including pictures and self-description, I got messages from two eligible men (professional, educated, nice looking), which of course I couldn't respond to without paying hundreds for the subscription service. After I bought the service, these men disappeared from the site. After that, I was only matched with men that were nothing like what I'd asked to be matched with: they were not professionals or educated (higher education was my top priority request for a match), too old for me, looked sloppy and were inarticulate. The contrast between the men I was matched with before paying, and the men I was matched with after paying, was too stark to be a coincidence: I have no doubt that those initial matches were fakes & used as bait to bring customers in. Because I was scammed, I disputed the charges with my credit card company.

David Corey Pittsburgh, PA

Tried to get a refund from trying eharmony 2 days after joining and Denied! Avoid eharmony!! I joined eharmony 12/14/21. Their dubious "personality profile" matched me with terrible matches they choose for you, and I found very few to viable choose without driving long distances. Of the 100 or so initial matches, 20% + had no photos, so out they went, another 30% had one photo, most had written little or nothing in their profile and by the time I reviewed the initial list I was down to less that a dozen potential matches. I was very dissatisfied, so I immediately requested to cancel my membership and asked for full refund 12/16/21 11 within 48 hours of joining. They denied my request for a refund, only providing refunds to people within 3 days if you live in one of these 11 states: Directly from their contract - Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island and Wisconsin! WHY I wonder? Probably because those states have a law that allows consumers out of any consumer agreement within 72 hours. I live in PA and so technically, their lengthy agreement, which no one reads, gave them an out. Hurray for lawyers! How many of you have ever read the 50 page agreements that comes with every mobile phone update? Every Consumer in the US should have the right to a refund within at least 3 days of joining if not 7!! It's the right way to treat consumers. Not like easy marks to be taken advantage of at every possibility. People need time to review how things work on dating sites like eharmony and if you don't like it, it's only fair to give people a refund within a reasonable period of time. eharmony is not reasonable or fair in any way. In other words, eharmony is gaming the system and refused me a refund after just 2 days of membership, leaning on their legal terms and conditions because I don't live in one of the designated 11 states. All US consumers should be treated the same, offering everyone at least a 3 day refund policy - no questions asked. I exchanged several emails with them and they just stonewalled me. I immediately filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as directed to by the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection. If we don't stand up to abuse, nothing will change. This no refund practice takes advantage of consumers and eharmony provides no clear warning of their no refund policy --it's buried by their lawyers in the overwhelmingly long agreement they give you. Who reads any of these agreements? Smart companies treat consumers fairly and don't fall back on the letter of the law of their long, complex agreements they know nobody reads. Additionally eharmony was recently forced to pay $2.2 Million for its underhanded auto renewal practices which you sign up for unwittingly when you join. These kind of unscrupulous business practices are what make consumers cynical. Shame on eharmony. I’ve used Match.com successfully in the past, then tried it again recently but didn’t like the new setup - so I quit Match.com after a month and they offered me a full refund. That is fair! I might even try them again in the future, but Never eharmony. Never! It is only fair to all consumers to offer a refund within a reasonable period of time 7-14 days, so you can see what you are getting into. Not so with eharmony. Once you give them your credit card - like it or not, kiss your money good-bye. By the way, I Never review companies online. I am just so angry at eharmony's unethical business practices I want to warm people. Try another dating site! I don't think eharmony has a wide enough pool of matches and by the time they apply their dubious personality profile to you, choosing your potential matches for you, you end up with a disappointing set of choices. I've communicated with several members now who've said the same, men and women.

Grace Winchester, CA

BAIT-N-SWITCH! This company is a rip-off. I googled how to cancel the auto-renew for my subscription. When I went on the website to do just that, they offered a $20/month, cancel anytime option. I decided to go for it. Two days later, I look on my bank account online and there is a $373 pending charge!! I sent them an email, (they don't have a customer service phone number), and told them to cancel my account and never mind about the $20/month subscription, I didn't want it anymore. They acted like they were doing me a big favor, by "only" charging me for $107. I replied that was unacceptable, the most I would pay is $20. "Please refund me my $87". I checked my bank account again, and the $373 pending charge had disappeared and in its place was a charge for $107 that had already gone through! I should have followed through with what I was going to do before sending them an email: I was going to call the 24 hour line for my bank and cancel my card and get a new one, so the pending charge wouldn't be able to go through. But no. I was honorable and they were unscrupulous. BEWARE! EHARMONY IS A RIP-OFF! Besides being thieves, they choose the matches you can view and most of them are two hours or further away. Pick a better site and don't get ripped off like I did.

S. Clark Simpsonville, SC

Unbelievable! Their Marketing Statement is "Online Dating For Like-Minded Singles" Apparently, eHarmony's idea of a Single person includes separated persons. Hello! They state that so many customers insisted that even though they are legally married, separated is the same thing as being single. So, if you are looking for adulteries' eHarmony is your place. Also, forget about those parameters you set like distance. eHarmony sends you anyone. I am in Greenville, SC and was getting matches from Maryland, Washington and Kentucky. When I complained they sent me a standard BS reply and told me I needed to prove to them of this breach of contract before they would refund my money. Like they couldn't review my matches they were sending me. All dating sites will have scammers, liars and cheaters. That is life, but when the dating site itself promotes it? Stay away from them. They are disregarding your safety.

Jacqueline Jelsma Brookings, SD

My husband and I both used the free weekend and we both chose each other apparently and now we are happily married. I highly recommend eHarmony because I never would have found him any other way