eHarmony Logo

eHarmony

3.6

LAST UPDATED: May 12th, 2023

eHarmony joined the dating scene in 2000 when Dr. Neil Clark Warren a clinical psychologist with a master's degree in Divinity, decided there was a better way to find love. Instead of just relying on luck, Dr. Warren found that if people were to find true, compatible partners, he would need to find what makes a long-term, fulfilling relationship successful.

Note: While the brand previously ran a sister site called Compatible Partners for people seeking same-sex relationships, this site was integrated into the standard eHarmony site in 2019. Now users just set their preferences when creating their eHarmony account and profile.

What is the eHarmony signup process like?

Consumers can sign up for this dating platform on the web or through mobile apps. The free eHarmony app is available for Android and Apple devices. In-app purchases will apply if you wish to upgrade to an eHarmony subscription.

Unlike other online dating sites and mobile dating apps, eHarmony's matchmaking services uses a scientific matching algorithm encompassing 32 Dimensions of Compatibility. When creating an eHarmony profile, users complete an intensive relationship questionnaire for compatibility matching with other members. Users are then given different membership options. eHarmony members can also receive expert advice on dating on and offline for free.

eHarmony customer support is available 24/7 via an online submission form, as well as on-site live chat.

Read eHarmony reviews and complaints to see what other online daters are saying about their experience with this dating app.

The Good

• The eHarmony Guarantee
  • Relationship Questionnaire and Matching System
  • Senior Dating Advice
  • History of Success

The eHarmony Guarantee

eHarmony stands behind its services and genuinely wants to help its users find meaningful connections. That being said, the eHarmony Guarantee states that if an online dater is not satisfied with their matches in three months, eHarmony will allow that member to use the service for an additional three months at no cost.

All eHarmony asks is that members meet the following requirements:

• Complete the Relationship Questionnaire
  • Build a profile (with a minimum of 3 approved photos; profile must be completed within the first 5 days of the current subscription)
  • Send or reply to a Qualifying Communication Form (from at least 5 other members; messages or favorites)
  • Be a paying member for at least a 3-month paid membership
  • Comply with the General Terms and Conditions

Members should be aware that the guarantee can only be redeemed once per account, and it is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for money.

*Users may redeem guarantee prior to their expiration/renewal date by contacting customer care via phone, email, or chat.

Relationship Questionnaire and Matching System

When signing up for this online dating platform, users fill out a compatibility test. The eHarmony questionnaire is comparable to a personality test mixed with questions about relationship wants, needs, and goals.

While it previously took about 45 minutes to fill out the online questionnaire, the number of questions has been reduced and takes about 20 minutes to complete. However, users have the option to save and come back to the dating site later to complete the remaining questions.

After completing the compatibility quiz, each user can see their matches that meet their Match Preferences — location, age, etc. The aim of this drawn-out registration process is to help users find compatible matches, rather than just view the full pool of local singles. eHarmony states that its compatibility matching system aims to set members up with people they have the most potential for a long-term relationship with, based on its 32 Dimensions of Compatibility.

eHarmony experts have conducted and analyzed numerous studies of happy couples and found that there are many personality factors that influence a compatible match. These personality traits can generally be categorized within the following groups:

• Emotional Temperament
  • Social Style
  • Physicality
  • Relationship Skills
  • Values and Beliefs

Senior Dating Advice

eHarmony states that the company is committed to helping men and women find love, no matter their age. In order to help seniors struggling with online dating, eHarmony offers a variety of dating resources on its free senior dating advice site. Older adults can get expert advice or talk with other members in the dating scene.

History of Success

eHarmony has helped 600,000 married couples tie the knot and counting. According to a Harris Interactive study, an average of 542 people who met through its online dating service are married every day in the United States. If these numbers are accurate, that means almost four percent of all marriages in the United States happen thanks to eHarmony. This track record and focus on long-term relationships should help prospective customers to know whether this is the option for them.

The Bad

• Limited Free Account Features
  • Extra Features Will Cost You More
  • No Background Checks
  • Information Sharing

Limited Free Account Features

While it’s free for users to start an account and review their potential eHarmony member matches, you must be a paid member to send and receive messages.

A messaging paywall is not uncommon in the industry, it can be frustrating for those not wanting to pay for a premium account.

The free account and mobile app does allow members to create a personality profile—members can include physical appearance, personal characteristics, religious preferences, partner expectations, interests, opinions, relationship status, sexual orientation, commitment level, etc.

Extra Features Will Cost You More

After filling out the questionnaire, eHarmony presents users with a few membership options. You can keep the basic profile for free, but you won't be able to do much in terms of interacting with other users or viewing full profiles. Upgrading from the basic plan to a Premium membership will add several more tools to your search for love, including the following:

• Enhanced search features, including distance/proximity search
  • Access to your detailed personality profile and analysis
  • Unlimited messaging
  • View photos of matches
  • See who has viewed your profile
  • A complimentary review of your dating profile with tips for improvement

Premium Plans

In addition to free user access, paid members of this dating service can browse anonymously, receive read receipts on their messages, and be featured with Spotlight. Occasionally there will be online eHarmony discount codes premium memberships, as well as promotional introductory offers.

Premium Lite

Premium Plus

Premium Extra

• 6-Month Plan
  • $59.90 per month
  • 12-Month Plan
  • $35.90 per month (standard price)
  • 24-Month Plan
  • $25.90 per month (standard price)

No Background Checks

When you join eHarmony, the company does not currently conduct criminal background check services. However, the terms and conditions state that the company reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check at any time using available public records.

Information Sharing

As members use eHarmony, legally the online dating company can record and keep the information shared. The information collected may be used to improve its services or be collected as information for studies and similar companies around the world.

eHarmony members will also receive emails upon signing up. These emails sometimes come from eHarmony or other related brands. Members can choose to opt-out of these emails in their settings but should plan on receiving multiple emails daily from eHarmony or one of its partners. Especially for free members, these newsletters and promotions are a good place to look for coupon codes.

eHarmony also discloses that if a person chooses to connect their social media accounts to their dating profile, the company has permission to use the information collected. The terms and conditions state, “By connecting the eHarmony account to a social networking site, members consent to the continuous release of information to eHarmony.”

The Bottom Line

If you're serious about trying online dating services with the goal of a relationship, eHarmony works with like-minded people. It uses scientific data and personality trait analysis to add some order to the chaotic dating world, rather than just showing nearby singles in your age range as many other dating apps do.

While eHarmony may not be the best choice for daters looking for short-term relationships or "hook-up" type dates, it is a promising option for marriage-minded singles aiming to find a compatible partner.

As with all dating sites, users may come across some fake profiles or scammers, so it is best to be cautious when giving out sensitive information.

Consumers can try out eHarmony for free to test the waters, but a paid eHarmony membership is necessary to reap most of the benefits the platform has to offer. Although users will probably get more out of their online dating experience as a premium member; the free membership only offers limited communication, but still allows users a chance to access eHarmony, build a profile, and get an idea of their potential match opportunities.

Have you tried this online dating site? How did it work for you? Would you recommend it to a friend? Let us know with a quick review below.

1.8

Julie Round Rock, TX

Gross, unethical website. If I could give 0 stars, I would. The choices on this website are pretty gross, and I signed up for 1 year membership BEFORE Eharmony will even allow you to see your "matches" , I thought- how bad can those be? Well..... I spent 1 hour on this website, with truck drivers pinging me" hello gorgeous" and wanted to cancel my account. You cannot do it on Eharmony website, you can only " request " it from them, to cancel and remove your own account. I emailed and asked for a refund, they told me since I don't live in 5 states with 3 days cancellation policy, I am not eligible, and they will keep charging me 545 dollars for the year of membership. I have never seen a company fight tooth and nail for a membership that people don't use or want, especially asking to cancel within first 2 hours.

Maureen OConnor Palm Coast, FL

I've tried them all...Match, FB Dating, Zoosk, POF, Our Time. I finally thought I'd try eHarmony even though the price is prohibitive. I figured if I filled out the questionnaire, I would have a better time finding someone compatible. Worst decision ever. First, after about a week or so of men seeing the 'new' person, there was nothing. Still, over a month into it, and still nothing new. I'm slightly better than average looking, and the men on here range from scary to slightly better than average. One would think if you have to pay this much you'd have better options. I've found just the opposite. I finally moved to Zoosk and am having so much better luck for so much less money. Never again, eHarmony, and I wouldn't recommend it.

Eharmonyripoff Aiken, SC

I took the compatibility quiz, decided to give it a try at the outrageous price, and quickly found there were more people to choose from at the gas station than on this app!!! Probably because it costs a fortune!! AND you can cancel it, even if you follow their contract instructions to stop billing and cancel! It’s madness . So, I changed my profile to be about their cancellation policy and they CENSORED IT. IT IS A TERRIBLE SOTE LOOKING TO TRAP YOU INTO ETERNAL BILLING FOR NOTHING. DON’T TRY IT UNLESS YOU LOVE WASTING MONEY!!!! IN INSTALLMENTS… FOR MONTHS!!!

JCWick08 San Jose, CA

site is not worth it i paid for 6 month membership and had a few people who messaged in the beginning then they just ghosted me or ended up with a goodbye over the period of 6 months i sent tons of messages and gotten no responses other than a few in the 1st month.. i see people would vist my page but then never respond back to any messages i feel online dating is worthless and possible best way to meet someone is thru a friend that knows someone or to maybe do some cold approaching all i been getting is no responses and my pics are not bad at all im a healthy individual decently looking but these messages go nowhere i would not sign up for eharmony again unless they had actuall people who are really intrested in meeting other ppl on there

Diane P Chestnut Hill, MA

First off, I have to say that I'm a senior woman in my 60s and used eHarmony 7 years ago. I met someone who I was in a relationship with for 3 years until he passed away suddenly. Now I'm back on again looking for a man my age. It has been a lousy experience, especially for the exorbitant fees they now charge. I paid $380 for a 6-month membership. Maybe it's because of my age, but there have been very few men contacting me, and of the ones that I've messaged with, a third of those profiles were removed by eHarmony. I have not met a single man in person in the 2 months I've been on the site. The pool of matches is extremely limited, and I have to say the quality is very low. If you're a senior, don't spend your money on this site, it sucks. If I could give them a 0-star rating I would.

Shannon Fulmer Lexington, SC

I found a match who is perfect for me. We are very happy together and recently got engaged. I never thought I would find happiness again but I did. It took a little while but he was there just when I was about to give up. I never would have found him if not for eharmony.

Tracy Nussman Ringwood, NJ

I have been on a lot of sites and through many relationships since my divorce. Wanted to meet like minded adults in search of a relationship. This is the worst and right up there with elite singles. Do not join! No activity and a waste of money. I don’t even go on it but use match and tinder and bumble. Going on dates but nothing through eharmony. So disappointed!!!!

Heather H Sanford, FL

eHarmony found matches for me that were located outside of my preferred area and the compatibility was severely lacking. I spent time and money on my profile to have a terrible end result. Because of my negative experience with eHarmony, I cannot recommend their 'services' to anyone.

Scott Rochester, NY

EHarmony are crooks! The dating site only gives u an option for a 12 month plan or 24 month plan, so who has $343 at one time for the year plan? What other company does that? And what kind of company doesn’t give refunds to their unsatisfied customers? It’s called good customer service! But no, they charge a lump sum, take your money, and never gives a refund! That’s why they are crooks and u should never deal with them! Get far away from them and protect your money! Meet someone at a bar.

ZERO STARS!!! JOINED AND CANCELLED 3 HOURS LATER. THEY SAY THEY DO NOT HONOR THE 3 DAY CANCELLATION RETURN POLICY. THEY SEND INAPPROPRIATE MATCHES. ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC!!! AT LEAST THEY ARE NAMED RIGHT THEY "HARM" YOU!!! THEY are stating that I will have to pay for the full year and I have deleted my profile with no intention to ever use!!!! BEWARE THE HARM COMPANY:EHARMONY!!!!

AG Valencia, CA

I am so thankful I did not pay full price for this site. I am getting very few matches that meet my preferences; the same ones pop up every day. I have been encouraged to change my preferences to get more matches, which is rediculous because then the matches will most likely not be compatible with me. In addition, I am getting very few responses and quite a few of those have been taken off the site. Do NOT waste your money.

Natalie

Subscriptions are pretty expensive and I am concerned about the possibility of fake profiles. However, although I did not have luck with this platform I have had two of my friends find true love through them so overall I think it’s the best dating site out there.

5 months ago Edited December 14, 2022

Jewelleah Kempers Los Angeles, CA

I enjoyed my experience with eHarmony very much. There were a lot of great people on the site and it was not hard to find several interesting matches to dive in conversations with and get to know better. I eventually got back together with my ex, so I discontinued my membership, but for several months it was kind of exciting to see so many possibilities. They do a great job of matching you with the parameters you select, so you are never wasting your time with someone who is not pre screened for your perfect matches! It really is a quality place to meet like minded suitors!

Jill Meredith Fort Wayne, IN

I have been honest in my answers to the personality questions, but all the “matches” are people I wouldn’t date. There are also a surprising number of catfish on this site.

IJ CG Pawtucket, RI

Eharmony is terrible. That’s being generous. 1) shady contract 2) duplicitous persons with multiple profiles 3) not worth a membership (trial only) 4) time consuming 5) repeat “matches” The only good aspect is their personality profile of oneself.

Sukontip Sangkam Brooklyn, NY

I didn't agree with renewing membership so when they charged me, I contacted them to cancel it they refused and say i have to pay no matter what. I didn't use any of the services and they still put me on scam call and dept collector and threatened me with calls and mails.

Rafał Lancaster, LAN

No respond from any of my matches In first week ,I just had refund about 50% of amount. .Im not recommend eHarmony website to anyone ,In my opinion other dating services are a lot better. Also in Eharmony you can view only your matches ,you can't see anyone else .

Mindy Winslow Gainesville, FL

I got sucked in by the look for free, there was no look for free. I had to fill out all the information and by the time I went through all that it would only allow me to sign up for a minimum of six months, I figured I could cancel after a few months if I didn’t like it, nope! I’m on the hook for $200plus for a service I’m not using! There was no one of any interest to me and it kept sending me people that I specifically said not to send me, for some reason it kept changing my specific likes and hard no’s like smoking. I don’t want a smoker, I ended up with smokers! I do not recommend this site, customer service it terrible and once you sign, your stuck which is unreal for a dating site, I’m taking it to my attorney because it’s bs that such a frivolous thing can hold people to such a rigid pay plan when not happy!

Lorna Jackson Langley, BC

Eharmony is a useless venue for dating. I could say more about that but the most disappointing feature is their deceitful automatic renewal feature. It is imbedded in a whole bunch of policy statements that if you don’t unclick the automatic renewal feature, they will renew your membership for a year and require a one time payment…$650.00 Even though I messaged them the same day as the renewal went through, they wouldn’t work with me at all. Now I am out $650.00 for something I didn’t even know was there. Very bad business practice. They are NOT concerned about your success. They are concerned about sucking all the Monet they can out of you.

Who Knows

E Harmony has always been my go to dating site. I consistently get great matches with great people. All though there are a lot of inactive profiles, E Harmony seems to work amazing for me. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking a companion.

Stuart Sanders Norwalk, CT

Worst dating site I have ever been on. It's also one of the most expensive. Do not waste your money. A terrible disappointment, especially after having filled out all of the profile information. Stay away.

Andrea Taylor Piedmont, SC

You are lying in this review! There is no guarantee, no refund and your money is flushed down a toilet on a site with more fake or inactive profiles than real one! They are refusing refunds and offering NOTHING as a guarantee or for customer satisfaction!!!!!

Mus

1 star is being generous. Its a complete scam. I wish i read the reviews first. Do NOT sign up. They will take an additional £65 from you, even if you cancel within 14 days. Apparently it’s somewhere in the small print. The site itself is a complete waste of time. I canceled after just a few days, because it was a waste if time. I’d love to join anyone why wants to take legal action against them for this scam.

Carrie Montague Peterborough, ON

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I thought that I was getting a free trial & on my part I should have read further into it. They refused to cancel my membership & keep taking my payment every month for a year. It is quite pricy too. I used the profile for a couple of days & decided it wasn't for me. They don't care if they suck you dry as long as they get their money. I will always advise against them to anyone who wants to online date. Horrible service.

Brittney Butts Gainesville, FL

Love this dating site, met my husband of almost eleven years on here! Took about three months before we matched but had maybe six other matches that seemed like I had a lot in common with so they are great with how they match. I definitely recommended other singles who want a serious relationship to make an account.

1 year ago Edited March 7, 2022

Edward

Apologies for length, but this seems to be a genuinely serious issue, and I hope you will read it through. Well, the jury is still out, and I am still a member. l want to qualify something first. I am not some disgruntled complainer with an axe to grind. Certainly, I am not the ULTIMATE good-looking, wealthiest stud on eHarmony, but my profile and photos are pretty decent. Here's my point. After 6 weeks I have received 327 "compatible" matches, and despite reaching out with either a "smile" and/or a short, friendly message to many, I have received only 2 "smiles" and 2 reply messages, or less than a 1% response rate. I have received zero contact from the other 250 ish women that I did not yet reach out to. One other thing: there have been only about 17 visits to look at my profile. That means that out of 327 "compatible" matches, 310, or 95%, didn't even bother to take a look at my profile. So, this isn't about hurt feelings or rejection whatsoever. Honestly. What is striking is that these percentages (which are completely accurate) don't even enter the realm of "statistical error", they are so small. The only conclusion I can come up with is that a large number of these so-called "compatible matches" are from old, inactive profiles. This seems to be corroborated by the fact that several of my "new list of daily matches" have included old, recycled profiles that I had seen before. Finally, a friend who is also on eHarmony described a very similar experience to mine during this same time period after I shared my story with her, and she would probably fit into the top 15% of most men's idea of desirable. I'm not sure what is going on, but it seems that eHarmony might be stuffing the site with non-existent profiles to make the selection of potential matches look larger than it is. I am going to follow up on this.

A N

Absolutely horrific business practices. Terrible site. Misleading and fraudulent. Do not give them your information, they will find a way to steal from you. -5 stars.

Lisa Wilson Las Vegas, NV

This is the greediest company I’ve ever seen. Even if you pay over $200 up front for a premium membership, you can ONLY message other members who have also paid it. They are preying on desperate, dumb people who like wasting their money. No thanks.

Westiefriend FL

Total waste of time and money. Only talked to one guy and he lived across the state. Absolutely worthless and depressing. Very few so called matches, many of whom didn't bother to complete their profile or post a photo. Stuck paying big money for months for a terrible experience. Run in the opposite direction as fast as possible!! Zero stars but was forced to give it one.

Stephen Wiles Littleton, CO

When you join as a free member you cannot see who is on the site. They require you to sign up for 6 month minimum membership, I paid $419.00 . Once you pay you can see who is on the site and you also do not know when reaching out if the other member is paid. I suggest to join another site that offers 1 month to see if those on that site fit who you are seeking. Skip eHarmony, lots of better choices!

David Schandle Round Rock, TX

I paid and then realized the filter simply did not work. Although I specified a certain age group I continually received matches well outside my parameters. In addition, I came across way more fake profiles than was lead to believe in their marketing and I suspect there were also bot profiles. When I tried to cancel my subscription I could not talk to a real person and they continued to charge me.

Ron Raitz Marietta, GA

I am on several dating sites, no problems with getting activity. Zero views with eharmony and I have a politely responded to about 50 women. I even responded to each a second time ask just for a response to make sure the site was working. No response and there is no technical support either by web or phone. Clearly something is wrong but there isn't anyone I can contact to solve. This is on the website and the phone app.

symba808 Pearl City, HI

Worst dating app!!! DON'T PAY FOR IT!!! The matches were horrible. Very few matches!!! The personality algorithm is a joke! Customer service is awful!!! I thought I was dealing with a reputable company because it is Christian based?!!! Do NOT be fooled!!! I canceled my subscription on my iPhone after 6 months. On the app, it says "restore subscription", which means I canceled it. Now customer service will not refund $250.17. Why?!!! Are they so desperate for money?!!!

Chris I Tampa, FL

This is the worst dating app I have ever used. The user interface is terrible, the matches are horrible, and there is no customer service or concern for client satisfaction. Also, you must sign up for a 6 month captive subscription. If you find a match or don't like the service (you won't), you are stuck paying for something of no use/that sucks. You cannot cancel before your term. If you live in one of 7 or 8 states you can cancel but only within 3 days. Bumble is much better and you can subscribe for as little as one week at a time. USER BEWARE! Eharmony is THE WORST online dating app.

Jonathan Anchorage, AK

I signed up believing there were matches in my area and as they don't allow you to search their site without subscribing, I did and found there were only 10. So I contacted eharmony and they kept telling me to increase the area increase the age range but barely got any. So I asked if I can cancel as I only paid for the first of 4 payments and they refused. They have no clause stating you may not find any matches in your area and I am angry that they are a scam site and I was the chump that bought into it. They are a complete waste of time and money.

gracecarelli West Hollywood, CA

EHarmony is not to help you to find a partner but to collect your money and they are good at it. No way you can cancel the subscription, there is no such option.. they are keeping you chained to their stupid terms and are laughing all the way to the bank while the service they provide are less than minimum. It’s a good financial site for them and nothing in return for you . It’s a scam

Maria Heidl Glastonbury, CT

This has proven to be the worse dating site. It is nothing like they profess to be. It is very complicated to use and most of the matches they give you are so far away. I had complaints from day one and they danced around them After many complaints they cancelled my auto renewal be email and then proceeded to charge my credit card company. It took me a long time and a lot of emails and disputes to get rid of them. Terrible customer service!

Sharon Williford Hendersonville, TN

I would not recommend eHarmony to anyone. For starters, it to be incredibly expensive, one of the far more expensive options out there. Their site is pretty much useless unless you commit to one of their absurdly overpriced plan options. But being a big fan of the Myers-Briggs and Enneagram personality tests and then hearing all their advertisements that contain endless promises of more compatible matches based on their compatibility tests, I was intrigued enough to give it a try thinking I was signing up for a more unique and quality dating experience. I spent a lengthy period time answering their "compatibility" questions just to find it yield a dating pool of potential matches that were no more compatible with me than that of it's other far less expensive or free dating site or app competitors. In the end, despite my extreme dissatisfaction with the site I was held accountable for the full price of the one year plan for which I had signed up. Customer service/care is non-existent, I could barely find a number or even the option for an online chat with a representative for assistance of any kind. And you can best be sure they were very much on top of collecting each and every painful payment regardless of whether I was using the site or not, as well as trapping me into the commitment of auto renewal for another year as stated within the fine print. In the end, my opinion is that eHarmony comes across as more of a money-making scheme taking advantage of consumers rather than a true quality dating experience. Please do not waste your time or money with them. I can assure you there are better options out there.

Wendy Wonder Milford, MA

I was on eHarmony about 14 years ago. I received matches that were few and far between—nothing in common with me at all. So far away from my location that it would have taken an airplane to reach them. Unemployed, uneducated, ridiculous matches ... it was as if they were throwing anyone at me and not very often. Recently, now 14 years later, I have moved, still single, and reviews show that demographically only 14% of people over 55 in the entire country are on EH. My girlfriend who is 14 years younger was on for an entire year and was ready to get off because none of the very few single men EH sent to her were even near to her, let alone anything like what she put down in her search. Lucky for her she met the last person, as she was ready to get off ... and he turned out to be great. However, she's in a different demographic group, she still went an entire year with no prospects, and the jury is still out. I tried to enroll recently and when I got to the information part (sign up) it kept giving me an "error" message. Lucky for me! After attempting five times I gave up and considered myself fortunate after reading the reviews and horror stories. I recall trying to get EH to take my profile off, and having to threaten them when they did not, and all of a sudden they kept sending me matches ... laugh, no one has that kind of time. The site is antiquated, few people are meeting anyone, and I hear that MATCH will soon be purchasing eHarmony. BAD BUSINESS - BAD SITE - TOO EXPENSIVE for nothing. Don't bother. It had its day.

Megan Moeller Enumclaw, WA

Scammed out of several hundreds of dollars with not one match or communication through their app. Yes it’s true. I signed up for a 6 mo membership @ $167 (60% off deal), received not one match and no communication in that time. I canceled after 4 months and was then charged $230 at the end of the membership period. When I called they said they could absolutely not refund my money, when I asked to speak to a supervisor they said no. My only option was to email my request for refund. I did. Response was no they cannot refund. So, now I have a membership for another period of time and when I log in, I can’t see anyones photos as they are blurred out! It’s as if I don’t have a membership. Thanks eharmony for screwing me, and not in the way I had hoped. Huge fail. Fraudulent company. Scammers. Only want your money. Do not waste your time.

Misty Richards Yukon, OK

SCAMMERS/CON-ARTIST- I signed up thinking I would get more selections in my area. Exactly 10 min later under impression that I had 30 days to get out of the contract. (Turns out that’s only for a state that I don’t live in) I began emailing asking to cancel the membership exactly 10 min later and delete my account. They refused. I deleted my account and replaced my cc so they couldn’t automatically take the $$$. Now I am getting credit collection letters. These ppl got a months worth of pay out of me and I deleted my account that day and they refuse to do the right thing and let me out of this contract SMH SHAME ON THEM!

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

Overall, not a bad company. The website does allow you to chat with people and truly try to get to know people. This was purchased for me as a gift to try and find love. Sadly, it's too expensive and I couldn't keep up with it and it wasn't really working. But I do like what they have to offer and I believe it could be great for so many!

Jacqueline Jelsma Brookings, SD

My husband and I both used the free weekend and we both chose each other apparently and now we are happily married. I highly recommend eHarmony because I never would have found him any other way

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

I have been on eHarmony for about a month now. It has been an amazing way to connect with people within my area. Although I am skeptical about online dating, it has been such an easy and stress-free way to make those connections. I would recommend eHarmony over any other dating service when it comes to the platform.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

eHarmony lives up to the name as it harmoniously helped me find people I had things in common with. It was very professional and safe and made it so easy. I was able to take the next step in relationships and should have done it earlier.

Jerilyn Windham Center, ME

If I could give it zero stars I would. A majority of users don't show photos. Why is this allowed? Additionally, most users post old photos. They over charge me and under deliver. Don't waste your money

Honestyrules Baytown, TX

Such a scam! And they will steal your money- if you paid the premium and attempt to cancel they will reject your request (only California residents) its discriminatory! Also, bad algorithm , terrible customer support and they sale your data. Be warned.

AC Birmingham, AL

Horrible. Inefficient. A rip-off. Expensive. Worst customer support ever. They refuse to give you a refund. The matches have nothing to do with my expectations. They make you do a long "personality test", which is a waste of time. This is a real scam.

Dottie Denver, CO

There is very LITTLE activity on this site. Customer service does NOT respond to your emails. The quality of people on this site is awful!!! And YES, they are over priced. Stay away from this site. It is a total waste of your money.

Louise King Adelaide, SA

Eharmony are happy to take money but do not offer cancellation and refund of outstanding amount for a years subscription. Even if you meet someone in the first month. You lose all your money! Are they there to help you meet someone happily ever after or just another tinder? You meet someone and reward is they keep all your money