Safeway Moving System Logo

Safeway Moving System

6.3

LAST UPDATED: May 23rd, 2022

Veteran owned and based in Chicago, Safeway Moving System offers local, long-distance, and international moving services as well as storage options. The company specializes in providing moving services for large homes and condos and provides its customers with a flat rate price, or hourly rate, for their moves with a promise of no extra charges or hidden fees. Safeway Moving System is granted full operating authority by the U.S. and Canadian governments, which means that they are authorized to provide services in all states and provinces. With over 100 trucks in its network, Safeway Moving System is able to find you the best solution for an affordable price.

In addition to its traditional moving services, Safeway Moving offers monthly storage for personal and commercial valuables. The company prides itself on being an industry leader in international relocation, moving, storage, and freight forwarding services.

The Good

• Positive Customer Reviews
  • Free Moving Quotes
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Storage Solutions
  • International Reach
  • Works with Condo Associations

Positive Customer Reviews

Safeway Moving System has many positive online reviews. Reviewers are often observed sharing their positive view of the company’s no hidden fee policy. Many said they were satisfied with the company’s transparent pricing and that they were charged the amount they were quoted for their move. Positive reviews also mentioned the professionalism and timeliness of the company’s movers.

Free Moving Quotes

When moving, it is always a good idea to get pricing quotes from several moving companies to see which would be the best fit for your move. Safeway Moving System provides free quotes via email or over the phone.

No Hidden Fees

Some moving companies provide quotes that are inaccurate, too low, or that do not mention fees or additional charges that a customer could potentially incur. Safeway Moving System promises its customers that it does not charge hidden fees or add on extra charge. The company quotes movers a flat rate price, or hourly rate, and do not charge for travel time back and forth between counties as some companies do.

Storage Solutions

Safeway Moving System offers its customers personal and commercial storage solutions, including to those moving internationally. Items are stored in wooden storage vaults equipped with anti-theft security alarm systems. Customers can start renting storage space anytime and are charged monthly with the first month’s rent being free as an introductory special. As a benefit, Safeway Moving System promises to match or beat its competitors storage pricing, so movers looking for storage should shop around to guarantee the lowest price.

International Reach

Because international moves can be more complicated and stressful, Safeway Moving System is committed to making the process run smoothly. The company has seventeen international licensees and relationships with more than 300 preferred global partners. While it seems Safeway specializes in moves within North America, it encourages customers to call their customer service reps for information on moves outside of the United States and Canada.

As a bonus, Safeway Moving System’s move coordinators can help guide customers through a variety of questions that may arise during an international move. The company can provide information on the destination country, climate, schools, and shipping regulations that can affect what movers are allowed to transport into the country.

Works with Condo Associations

Many condo associations require moving companies to verify licensing, insurance, and credentials to mitigate risk. It is common for most moving companies to carry the minimum insurance policy required by law which is $750,000. Safeway Moving System carries $1,000,000 dollar insurance policy and carries current licensing.

The Bad

• No Pricing Information Online
  • Inconsistent Online Reviews
  • Limited Services Compared to Competitors

No Pricing Information Online

Many moving companies will offer movers a way to obtain a moving quote online. This is convenient and makes comparing several moving companies’ quotes quick and easy. Safeway Moving System does not provide any pricing information on its website, and movers must call or email the company directly for a quote.

Inconsistent Online Reviews

While many of the company’s online reviews were glowing, there did appear to be some inconsistency. Many Safeway Moving System’s reviews give the company a glowing five stars, but there are also many rock-bottom one-star reviews accusing the company of paying for positive reviews online. Negative reviewers often mention that they were charged hidden fees after they were told there wouldn’t be any. Potential customers should carefully review quotes and ask what fees could potentially be charged.

Limited Services Compared to Competitors

Other moving services companies advertise a larger variety of services that can make a move easier and more convenient for customers such as cleaning services, move planners, and information specifically to assist with military moves. The company provides very limited information on car shipping; however, it does appear from some online reviews that customers were able to work with the company on shipping their vehicles.

The Bottom Line

Safeway Moving System has a decades-long history of providing moving services across all 50 states as well as internationally. This full service coverage can be very helpful for those moving long distances. The company’s storage service also provides customers with a convenient solution to storage needs when they arrive at their destination; no finding and arranging delivery to a separate storage facility. We are impressed by Safeway’s promise of flat rate moving quotes with no hidden fees, as well as its price match or beat guarantee for their storage services.

Accusations of fraudulent glowing, five-star reviews give us pause, and we encourage you to research a number of local long-distance movers, full-service movers, and relocation companies near you before making a final decision to ensure that the fees, offers, and services are the best fit for you.

Message from
Safeway Moving System

Safeway moving is a company that focuses on quality.

3.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Jeff Henry Mahopac, NY

This is by far the most hassle free and convenient moving company experience I've ever had. The staff was helpful with all my needs and requests concerning the move as well as friendly and easy to talk to. Recommended to all.

April Oligee Boise, ID

I moved from Indiana to Idaho. It was my first time using a moving company and was very nervous. Reviews for all moving companies are all over the board, but of course we look at the worst ones to see what has gone wrong in the past. These made me stress out. But for no reason because Safeway was fantastic! Frank and James were great and I got all of my belongings intact in 7 days doorstep to doorstep. The movers themselves killed it packing and unpacking. Seemless from beginning to end. I highly recommend.

Tricia Krueger Buffalo, NY

I researched for quite some time different moving companies and I know Safeway was rated high. Getting it organized and the contract initiated was a breeze - but once they have your money, your move goes to whoever they can get and this is where it went south. Zero communication in terms of when I’d get my things. I would call, they would have the ‘dispatcher’ call me and they would tell me one day but then not confirm. When we finally got a date, they assured me they would let me know two days in advance and instead they contacted me the night before. Ok so that is minor compared to what comes now. They had my address and items for several weeks and then come moving day they want to tell me that they have to get another smaller truck for an extra 750 dollars - I found out later that this is what these companies do. Then, they bring the truck to offload for the smaller truck - with ONE GUY! So on a Friday evening I am going through the list of all my items - from California to NY State with one guy. He ended up not being able to take the truck that night to my new place and we had to do it the next morning. The following morning he had rounded up two other guys and they moved my stuff into my apartment. Not only am I still missing boxes but legs on furniture was broken off, literally any piece of furniture that could have been scratched was scratched, dishes are smashed. There were bins from another customer mixed in with my bins. I contact Safeway for putting in a claim and I talked to someone named Lauren, who tells me she will send me over the information the next day. Never got it. I called today and spoke to ‘Taneesha’ who was very rude and dismissive of the fact that I just paid these crooks cash and I’m missing things and have lots of broken items, telling me that I wasn’t listening and that I had to reach out myself to the actual subcontractors to file a claim. I know this - and I told her this- but Lauren was to email me the information on who it was and how to file it. I asked this person to send it via email - again. I still don’t have it. I don’t know how this is going to end up but I feel like I got scammed - between the lack of communication once they had my things, the extra charges the last-minute, the zero customer service now that they have my money- I would avoid these guys. I’m very disappointed with how it ended up. I consider myself pretty smart about not being taken advantage of but not this time - and their rude reps only exacerbates an already upsetting situation - which, if they had an ounce of empathy or care for the customer, they would try to be helpful instead of uncaring.

Julia Casey Atlanta, GA

I used Safeway for a cross country move and was very disappointed. The men who packed my items definitely took advantage and said I owed either an additional $1200 or I could just tip him $600 and he’d forget the increased price. Many items were broken upon delivery and a few missing. The man I originally talked to was very helpful but then as soon as I gave my deposit, he was hard to reach. I thought this was a company to be trusted but I wish I went with a better company.

Mark Scottsdale, AZ

Do not use this company! Literally, they'll tell you everything you want to hear in order to get an contract and deposit. From this point forward the communications cease. You can't reach anyone by any number listed. From time of pickup of our household goods we've no communications for two weeks, no estimated delivery date. This is a east cost to Arizona move, which has turned into a nightmare for our family. Don't be taken by the all and good claims of this company or the fact they are Verterian owned. Pay no attention to the so called 5 star reviews, they are false. Years ago I was contracted with Bekins Van Lines, coast to coast, so I knew what questions to ask and they had the right answers. No surprise, they were many steps ahead me to get a signed contract. My regret is not going with a proven nationwide mover, a little more cost, but you can't put a dollar amount on peace of mind or reliability.

Eric West Vanceboro, NC

I was scammed by their delivery guy saying I had to pay cash for a “shuttle service” and that they were at uhaul unloading my stuff now onto the uhaul. I agreed to the charge: 600.00 because he said it would cost 1100.00 otherwise. He gets to my house with the semi (no uhaul). No papers from Uhaul. I paid the 600 which, by the way, I had to pay 3200 on top of it to get my stuff. I attempted to call Safeway but they refuse to answer my calls, my texts. To make matters worse, one of the movers comes back to my house asking how much I tipped. It was 200 for 3 people. He only got 30. The Safeway foreman made off with tips and 600 dollars cash. Why won’t Safeway contact me back? They know they hire unscrupulous criminals and don’t care. I’m reporting this to the BBB. They are scammers who shouldn’t be in business. Very unhappy. I paid these folks over 10K! I’m one person with 2 bedrooms. They are criminal scam artists

RONNIE Dallas, TX

I hired Safeway moving to ship my item that I moved from Southern California tool Dallas Texas. I was working with different people I was getting different quotes and felt very comfortable with the people I was dealing with the company and they end up shipping all my items. Everything around nice and smooth and even arrived to days early but I was very pleased with I would definitely recommend anyone to work with this company

Tiago Lucena Orlando, FL

Thank you Safeway for a flawless move. Thank you David L at the reservation department. He couldn’t have been nicer and patient with my wife and I. Thank you Gigi at customer service for always staying in touch with me. Lucas was wonderful at delivery. Spent an extra 3 hours staging our home for my wife and I. What a champ! I will be using Safeway in the future and recommend them to anyone that is looking for a professional company.

Thomas Pentkowski Fort Lauderdale, FL

My parents recently retired and moved to Florida. They set up a moving company to help them get all their items down there so they could start to relax and enjoy their well-earned retirement. Unfortunately, the "company" they decided to use ended up being just a scam. The day of their move my folks were frantically calling as no one showed to do the move. They had given a deposit of $1500 and no one came! Their house was sold and they had to be out within the next several days. My mother called me crying. This is when I stepped in and called Safeway (as recommended to me by a coworker). Not only did were they able to accommodate my parents, but they were also so kind and understanding along the way. I can't say enough about this company. They saved my family from a disaster. Thank you so much, Safeway.

Roger Hillis Hialeah, FL

Had a move scheduled from WA to NY. Honestly I was very afraid of using a moving company because of the terrible reviews I have read about other companies. The reputation the movers where given was a true horror story. Now with Safeway Moving, I have to say their service, expertise, transparency and customer service was hands down the best I could ever ask for! Their were no hidden fees the price I got was the price I was given at time of pick up and delivery and must I say the packing they did on my items was the best I could ask for! Brandon my relocation specialist was absolutely the best I could ask for. Thank you Safeway for putting up with me lol I truly appreciate the honesty and great work you guys did for me and my family. I highly recommend you guys anytime!

Michael Marino Fort Lauderdale, FL

I booked a move with Safeway Moving last month from California to Florida. My very first move a cross country! Safeway made me feel very comfortable and they were very informative throughout the entire process. The move went great and I would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family.

Alina Zolotareva Brooklyn, NY

Great service, communication and care with our furniture. Highly recommend, especially if moving very valuable furniture & want a safe, reliable team to handle your belongings. 10/10!

Galyna Los Angeles, CA

Moved to SF last month using Safeway's help. Great date accommodation, good handling. No "above and beyond" service, but fair and transparent. Worth the dollar. Had a claim about my box being crushed, these guys are quick to solve the dispute.

Julianne Michael

I was referred to this company by a friend and could not be more happy with my decision! Moving is already stressful enough and Safeway moving made the move basically stress free! I highly recommend this company to anyone! They are hard- working professionals who will take great care of your things and ensure the move goes seamlessly! Overall experience exceeded my expectations!

James Glodzik Hollywood, FL

Safeway Moving mad an otherwise terrible situation in my family’s life far more bearable. After my mother died it really took a toll on the family and the kids. Having to move all her things from Seattle to Florida was also just a nightmare. With everything going on I can’t than Safeway enough for making everything so simple. They picked up my mother’s belongings and treated them as if they were their own. Now my kids have the photo books and memories from their grandma forever (and some pretty cool antiques too). Thanks Safeway. You were amazing.

Bryan Davis Miami, FL

So my representatives name was Zachary, he was so helpful from start to finish, he pretty much held our hand because this was our first time doing a long distance move. I saw how they were rank #1 for accurate pricing, because I’m sure we’ve all heard those stories of the movers showing up and charging $1,000s of dollars more. Not to get off topic too quick but a good friend of mine did a long distance move a few years back and he didn’t look into the company that he was hiring. He put down a deposit the day he book the move and then come pick up day they demanded an extra $3,500 more dollars or they won’t take the furniture. His lease ended that day and he was stuck on the side of the road with everything he owned because he didn’t have the additional money to pay for it. That’s why it was so important for me to choose Safeway. Zachary and I went over item by item on the phone and made an inventory so I was able to get accurate pricing. Come pick-up day, lo and behold, the price was exactly what they said it would be. And as far as the move itself, they couldn’t have done a better job handling the furniture. I never write reviews lol. So yeah, check them out if you’re looking for a company to hire for a long-distance move!

Emmie Noel Pompano Beach, FL

I reserved my move with Safeway for my move from California to Florida recently and they were super accommodating to all of our family's needs. They are professional, movers wore masked and they took exceptional care of my items. Also my Relocation expert Will R was so knowledgeable and patient, i never moved that distance so i had NO idea what to do but he took his time to provide an accurate quote and answered every question i had no matter how many times i emailed him. Overall i had a great experience with Safeway and would definitely recommend to others and use again for my moves in the future!! Thanks Safeway!!

Hannah Barbera Brooklyn, NY

Let me start with saying.. I have a lot of furniture (chairs, lamps, side tables, etc.) and small (fragile) objects. As an interior designer, I have a full apartment and studio/office. Not to toot my own horn but.. most is designer and its all very special to me. Choosing a mover can be super intimidating/frustrating. After calling several companies and getting low ball prices to lock me in, with lots of "pricing will be determined once the truck is actually packed", I didn't want to take the risk. Safeway was able to give me straightforward pricing, realistic transport time, and answer all my "worst case scenario" questions.

Thomas Martin Brooklyn, NY

Safeway was a real helping hand. Our move was planned a month in advanced with some other company. That other company ended up canceling on us last minute. My wife and I were so stressed and upset, not only did they cancel, they did not return the $700 deposit without a fight. Regardless, Safeway was initially our second choice before we elected for a scammer. We reached out to Safeway and Gerard was so gracious and helpful over the phone. He eased our minds right away. I wish we stuck with Gerard and Safeway initially but alas we went for a cheaper price. That said, Safeway came the next day and moved us out of our Baltimore apartment and delivered our items to New York the very same day. I can not thank them enough. They were there when we needed them and they did not give us a single worry from the moment they arrived. I recommend this company to anyone. ~ Thomas Martins

Alex J New York, NY

I recently moved to New Jersey and used Safeway moving as my coordinator. They were a pleasant team to work with. They helped organize my move in a quick and easy fashion. I moved from Chicago and took on a new role in my company. Lucky for me, my company covered my cost to move. Safeway was the only company I found to work with easily to facilitate the funds to be transferred without any strange requests. I had booked with another mover and my company had strict requirements to work with movers. I had to cancel with the other mover and book for a same week move out. David and his team at Safeway were quick to act and I’m grateful for that. The move was obviously a success otherwise I wouldn’t be writing this. I encourage you the readers to make safeway your next mover. They will help you in tight situations like they helped me.

Daniel Newark, NJ

I had hired Safeway to help move my aunt and uncle to their retirement home in Florida. Safeway offered a quick delivery and a fair price. They had boasted a fantastic reputation and I was eager to see how they would handle such a strange move. my aunt and uncle have hundreds of collectibles and I wanted to make sure their valuables were handled with great care. hundreds of unique pieces of china and trinkets that they collected over the years. Safeway offered a very careful operation. Their agent was prompt and reliable from start to finish. I was very happy with the results which is why I am writing this review. Moving my aunt and uncle (both retired vet's) was stressful for my self and them two. Safeway organized a seamless operation. I am thankful A+ for price A+ for timelyness A+ thoroughness

Harriet Schafer Miami, FL

Safeway Moving Systems moved me from Kansas to Florida recently - and yes I’m a REAL customer - and I couldn’t be happier with how the move went. I’m constantly moving about every 3 years or so, so I have a lot of experience with long distance professional moving companies. I’ve had good experiences & I’ve had total nightmares. So I know what to look for and what questions to ask when finding a moving company. They were not the cheapest quote but they were definitely the most honest. My final price ended up being a bit higher than the original estimate but I added a lot of boxes the week of the move. It’s common sense- you add more, you pay for that space. However, I was able to finalize my inventory with their quality assurance department before the move so that I wasn’t stuck finding out the final price on the day of the move- other companies have backed me into a corner with this tactic leaving me no other option and forced to pay. Safeway made sure we had all our bases covered before the day of pickup. I was really nervous with my grandmother’s antiques in particular, but the crew showed up on time, they were extremely kind and professional, and really took the extra time and care with these items. I had no damages or missing items in Florida! They didn’t give me false hope with delivery timelines - which has also happened to me in the past - so I was able to prepare accordingly for my arrangements during delivery time. Again, I move every few years due to work, and I can finally say I’ve found the one and only moving company I’ll be using from here forward! Thanks Safeway and team!

Bob Ursus Ridgewood, NY

I had no idea what to expect when I first began to Shop around. I moved from California a few weeks ago and the whole process was more stressful for my family than expected. I had hired Safeway after speaking with several companies. Safeway was pricier but their reputation made me comfortable. When speaking with them, I felt at ease. I had spent a week shopping around and the more I did the less I wanted to actually move. I selected Safeway because it just felt right. Every time I emailed or called they had the right answers. This was my first big move (for a job) and it was the right decision for my family. We sold off a lot of items between the time we booked the move and the actual move date. Safeway reassessed my move cost a few days before the move which brought my price down. The whole move took 4 hours to load. The price was $200 off but I was ok with it. I did forget a few items that needed to be boxed up. I wouldn’t be writing this review if I felt they were not doing the best job they could. During a global pandemic you want to make sure your family is safe during the whole move. I felt my family and our items were in safe hands with this company. Charlie and his team did a great job. I’m thankful for selecting this company.

Eryk Kowalski Maspeth, NY

I hired Safeway to help move my family from Chicago to New York. I had limited expectations but I needed help. My cousin used Safeway and their local agent in the past and had very little issues working with them. I had to move a two bedroom. My company luckily was covering the cost. I had a pleasant experience with the representative over the phone. I sent them videos of what I needed to move and I received a price within an hour. The movers arrived on time and packed everything. They boxed up my art work. They helped arrange a date that suited my building in New York. The whole move took about a week. I am glad to write this review. My family is happy with the results. What more can I ask for? Moving is rough. Safeway Moving was a pleasure to work with.

Shaun Champaneria West Palm Beach, FL

I had a last minute move from Florida to Georgia originally booked with another company, at the last minute they cancelled due to likely getting a longer more lucrative move. Obviously, I was furious with this moving company and needed to make other arrangements quickly. The move needed to be done 3 days from when the original mover cancelled on me. I called Safeway and quickly found a great solution. It being so last minute, everything went smoother than I expected. From the professionalism of the movers to the attentive customer service rep and dispatch. Overall, very pleased with my experience and would recommend Safeway to anyone.

Christian Porter Pompano Beach, FL

I booked my move from Costa Mesa, California to Raleigh, North Carolina with Safeway back in October. Due to the cost of living just becoming outrageous in California and my wife and I living on our retirement. We decided that we need to move our home and 30 years of memories. We were hesitant to use any moving company to move all of our antiques and family heirlooms. However since my wife and I not being able to move everything ourselves, we decided to contact Safeway. Best decision we made. The process was explained thoroughly from the very start. Everyone was very pleasant as eager to assist us. When the movers arrived, they handled our precious valued items with the care we were hoping for and very professional. We were very flexible with the delivery time being that we knew the high demand of people leaving the state like us. We were very impressed with the time it made it to us on the east coast. At delivery, all of our items were reassembled and all the services we paid for were rendered in a satisfactory manner. Although we plan on continuing to enjoy our retirement in our new home, we don't plan on moving anytime soon but would highly recommend Safeway moving.

Jason Woo Brooklyn, NY

Used Safeway Moving System from NJ to Cali. Got a quick quote and the whole process was very seamless. We sold our house and wanted to keep most of our furniture so it was a fairly big move, some pieces were fairly vintage and fragile but everything arrived from door to door fairly quickly and unscathed. Final price paid was exactly what I was quoted. The entire process was extremely easy. Reading on reddit some of the other companies people used had me worried but Safeway definitely exceeded my expectations. I'll recommend them to friends and family as people are moving around the country more to accommodate new working environments.

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

This company offer several good benefits. They offer a packing service as well as 30 days of free storage. They were very prompt in assisting me and helping me find the product that I needed. All of them went above and beyond with their customer service ability. I was very impressed. I would say the only negative thing would be the checkout process. The equipment that they have is very dated and takes a very long time to load things up. It was very long and drawn out having to wait at the register for more than 10 minutes before we could complete the transaction. I think that would help so much if they were able to change that.

Desiree Ganz

The team at Safeway was one of the best I’ve ever dealt with, I would highly recommend them for any of your moving needs!

Shane Pompano Beach, FL

Wonderful Job!!! Brian gave me quote and a price and they stuck to it! Was so relieved after reading so many horror stories online. A+ job from California to Florida.

Jane GA

Beware - Extremely regret choosing this company I booked with Safeway moving systems for a recent move from Georgia to Florida (less than 500 miles). I moved a one-bedroom apartment and had what the company considered a small scale move. The carrier they engaged was Vango Van lines, which one customer service representative indicated was owned by Safeway. In summary, the move was disorganized, understaffed, and unprofessional, and I extremely regret choosing Safeway. My detailed issues were the following: (1) Longer than estimated move / items placed in storage over 1,000 miles from destination: In the sales process, Safeway said that my move would likely take 1-2 days due to the short distance and small amount of furniture and belongings I had. The total move took 13 days as the company re-routed my belongings from Georgia to New Jersey to wait for other moves to Florida. Upon pickup I was told by that driver that my move would be a direct delivery. After not showing up the next day, and over the course of the move, I ended up being told numerous times that my delivery would be in the next 2-3 days. Then after 2-3 days would pass, the team would revise the timeframe to be in the next week/several days. If you choose Safeway, be prepared to be displaced from your new residence for a long period of time while they re-route your belongings. (2) Lack of staffing: Safeway’s contract ensures a ‘professional move’; however, on pickup and delivery the company sent only one mover to handle everything (including my couch and bed). At pickup, it took the single mover approximately 9 hours to pack and load my things. After 8 hours, they finally sent a second mover because the first mover could not carry my couch or bed without assistance. Upon delivery, only a single mover came to unload my things, which took 5 hours only because myself and my family ended up putting my furniture back together ourselves and helped with the couch and bed. I’m not sure how the unloading process could have taken place without my family’s help with the larger items. My intention of hiring movers was to take the stress off myself and my family. (3) Extra fees: I ended up paying extra fines of ~700 dollars due to ‘long-walks’ done by the mover. Note no stairs were required in my move. Only a long hallway after using an elevator. Beware of this clause. (4) Unprofessional customer service team / no support during the move: While my move was in transit, the customer service team had little information to provide as to the location of my belongings or the status of the upcoming delivery. When calling Safeway or Vango, the team would not tell me status and provided little help, despite the contract stating that expert moving advice would be provided throughout the course of the move. I would recommend choosing a moving company that gives you the ability to track your belongings during a move. (5) Dirty and damaged belongings: Upon arrival, the mover removed certain protective wrapping from my goods before they were actually in my new residence, resulting in damage. My white desk is scratched and dented, and my cream upholstered couch and office chair have grease / oil on them due to not being properly wrapped for the complete duration of the move. In summary I would recommend staying away from these companies due to the reasons I’ve noted above. Their lack of professionalism, lack of execution , lack of communication , and costs left me well short of my expectations when I entered into my agreement with them. BEWARE !

Tyler Dennison Yucaipa, CA

100% scam please listen to the bad reviews, they are spot on. I paid them $4,600 broker fee (that I found out later) and they were so far off on there quote(and quality assurance call)after giving them very precise measurements on big furniture and over what I had in boxes. Not only did I have to pay $4,000 extra..... after pleading with the movers thar they brokered out, they wanted to charge more, I still had to pay for the two motorcycles to ship separately and I was forced to sell my xl tool box because they said there is no way they could get it on the moving truck because it was to long even though I gave safeway moving systems the exact measurements. There is no way they should have been so far off on square footage. THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT I PAYED THEM FOR! By the way after I made my complaint to them, zero response

Bert Dallas, TX

I have used Safeway to move to Dallas earlier this summer. Good communication from start to finish, ended up being a fast turnaround for my delivery too (5 days CT to TX) 8.5/10 would recommend.

Amy Wisneski Fort Lauderdale, FL

My family recently moved from Miami to North Carolina with two small children. I was totally overwhelmed but Safeway saved the day by efficiently packing up all our belongings and making the move a breeze. DEFINITELY worth the expense!!

MarieM Miami Beach, FL

Not many companies out there care about customer satisfaction, this one does! My customer service rep was available to me though the move, and provided clear steps along the way of how everything would unfold. I've recommended Safeway to several friends who have all been happy with their experiences.

Maria P.

What did it for me was the free month of storage as my apartment leases didn't perfectly line up. Safeway also didn't charge me for the second delivery after leaving storage to my final drop-off location. Was such a lifesaver! I also really appreciated them labeling each item with a sticker that had a unique bar code to ensure nothing went missing.

MC Miami, FL

I used Safeway moving for my move from New York to Miami. I had never hired a moving company for a long distance move before, but had heard horrible stories of companies changing the price on move day, or losing items all together so was hesitant going into it. I worked with Joe who was always available to me for inventory and date changes and made me feel comfortable with his industry expertise. Pack up was easy and handled in two hours. Load in was the same. I've already recommended several friends who have used them and had similar experiences!

Miranda Gonzalez ,

I have had to move around every 2 years (for work) for some time now and I always dread it. However, I am so glad I found this company! Moving is stressful and never fun, but I felt very comfortable the entire process with Safeway. They were very friendly yet efficient. I was really appreciative that they got my move done quicker than expected and that my quote was on point. I think they are reasonably priced and although I do not really have anything too valuable, all of my items were handled with care. I will never like moving, but at least I now have a company that I trust.

Jojo T Woodside, NY

I had the pleasure of working with Safeway Moving System. I worked with Mitch and by far the most stellar representative and professional to work with. I had a successful move from Brooklyn to Fort Lauderdale during the pandemic and everything was flawless. I highly recommend this company and continue to refer my fellow New Yorkers who all plan to leave to other cities.

Kirill Yag Brooklyn, NY

Hired Safeway Moving to go from Brooklyn NY -> Boston MA, best decision I’ve made. A good friend recommended the company and I didn’t think twice. The move was very smooth and best part, very affordable!! $$ Got a quick estimate in the beginning, and was happy with the price...in the end paid exactly that which is amazing because usually many companies tack on hidden charges and fees which can be very frustrating. The crew was very professional and my things were taken care of very well. Overall, a great experience and i would definitely recommend!!

Vic potter Pompano Beach, FL

I had a great experience with this moving company. the crew was on time. I paid for a full pack job for my two-bedroom one-bath home in New York. I was shocked there were no damages everything was packed and handled professionally. The truck pulled up on time as scheduled in Florida. good communication through the entire move which made for a nice transition. Im in my 70's and needed a company that could take care of everything and that's why I would recommend this company highly.

Autumn Leigh Fort Lauderdale, FL

I had a great experience with this moving company. Prices were mare then reasonable. Everyone was very helpful and efficient when I called into the office, someone was always answering my questions and were very informative throughout our move! Crew was clean and truck was packed professionally. I would highly recommend this company to anyone that is moving across country.

Andres New York, NY

Great group of guys and girls all working with our information put a moving package together for us that worked exactly off our timeline and went well above our expectations. They kept us informed and were very flexible with pricing and packing options. They were also available to talk after hours since I do work late. Great work by a great company! Highly recommended!!

Jacques Boonton, NJ

We couldn't be happier with our movers! Mason and his team were fantastic. They were early and they were amazing. They were friendly and helpful. They handled our stuff with care and they worked fast. Moving day was so pleasant and relaxing! If you are in the tri-state area, hire Safeway Moving System company and ask for James and Michael, they will take care of you.

Ethan Alexander Lynnwood, WA

They were so fast, courteous and professional! These guys were super nice and helped us pack up some things we didn't have time to do, and not a single thing was broken when we moved everything to our new place. They didn't charge us for the plastic wrap for furniture, use of moving blankets, or even that the house they were unloading was 3 stories tall. Thanks, guys! Will hire you guys again!

Sixto Giusti Denver, CO

Horrible experience. My boxes were full of rat feces. Rats ate several of my items including shoes, clothes, and furniture. They where 2 months late; customer service is although friendly they are completely useless They did not honored the initial quote. They forced me to rent a small truck instead of their 18 wheeler despite me providing evidence they did fit and my homeowners association allowed them. To top it of they scrapped my hardwood floors and damaged my walls. And they dropped my dresser from around 5 feet and completely damaged it.

Tommy North Liberty, IA

This company is an absolute scam. When I called to set up a date for my move, their salesperson sound super nice to me trying to sell me their moving service. He gave me a quote of $10,000 which is very high but I understand that these days, everything went up, so I did set up the service with them. Remember, this company is not a carrier, they are only the broker. They will ask you to pay 33% of deposit upfront, then 33% on the date of the pickup, and the remaining will be paid on the date of the delivery. Once you pay that very first 33%, your soul is sold to this horrible company. Their whole attitude changed, they will be super mean to you, not answering your calls, wouldn’t reply to your email when you have questions. Long story short, I was promised that the person will come on a Friday morning, but I waited all day, they never came, didn’t even answer my call. When someone finally answered the call, his reply was hey you are not our only customer ok. Then, the mover finally showed up on a Saturday morning, he quoted me $6,000 more. So the new total is $16,000… This is ridiculous, he Threatens me by saying if you don’t agree to this then we will leave and you can’t get your 33% of deposit back. I was forced to sign that contract because I don’t have a choice. Then the big nightmare begins, once I arrived to my destination, I called them and told them to deliver my stuff, they promised that it will be 3 person unloading the stuff on the delivery and they will come on Thursday. LIE again, I waited all day, no one show up. So I called but no one answered. I have waited until Sunday, three days after what they have promised, the person that answered the phone never apologize and said you know that I can legally keep your stuff for 21 days right? This is crazy… Then finally, the truck came two days after, which is on a Tuesday. Guess what?? Only one mover was there, not three as they have promised. The only mover that showed up barely speak any English, have an attitude. He refused to move my massage chair to my room saying that it doesn’t fit and ALL of my computer desks were completely destroyed, 6 of my shelf were crashed, my expensive massage chair, bed frame, mirror, table were all damaged. (See photos) because of their careless, bad handling, and horrible packaging skill. Also, all their movers will ask you for tips at the end, so unprofessional!!! Even with their terrible service, they would even dare to ask you for tips!!! Unbelievable… When I called up their company, Safeway will tell you that they are not responsible to pay for the damages because they are just a company that sells your moving service. So I contacted the carrier and ask for only $1,000 for damaging my stuff, after 30days, they responded by saying I can only pay you $82, WTF… excuse my language but please DON’T use this company for your moving service, they are a scam!!! I am SURE all their 5 stars reviews are fake, no way it’s true… NO WAY!

Dr. L Seattle, WA

At our initial call, they seemed decent but after taking my deposit for a cross-country move (~$11,000) there was almost no communication. I called multiple times but the customer rep I was assigned to was unhelpful and mostly unresponsive. They seem more focused on sales rather than aiding with moves, which seemed to be the whole point of a moving broker. My items eventually came after 30+ days of waiting, albeit with some broken and missing items. The biggest issue is that the moving company they selected was dissolved so my claims for broken items and missing boxes will remain unresolved. According to a manager, nothing will be done on their part. I cannot recommend Safeway Moving Systems at all. A side note: when I tried to get into contact with someone other than my customer rep (during the 30+ days of waiting), I was just told to call them instead (even though I couldn't get a response). I did get a callback but it was from another rep thinking I was a new customer. When they realized I wasn't, they were annoyed and hung up on me. This is part of why I say they seemed focused on sales.

Chris Giunta Asheville, NC

This is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Hands down. Getting an estimate and the entire process leading up to the signature is smooth, "don't stress, we've got this" and then once moving day arrives the nightmare begins. All services are contracted out to multiple companies for the packing, the loading, the move, and insurance so any customer service needed is a matrix of calls and emails that go unanswered. So far I've had to deal with 3 companies and 10+ people just to try and get compensated for a fence the driver hit with the truck since he DID NOT KNOW HOW TO PARK IT, as well as a destroyed bookcase that ocurred during the move. Our contract promised unloading and furniture reassembly would be handled but neither were true. My 7mo pregnant wife and I had to assemble furniture and I had to unload the truck. I'm currently planning legal action since this company is a scam and there are plenty of negative reviews that warrant further investigation.

AH Chula Vista, CA

Think twice before using Safeway Moving Systems (Chicago) I have had nothing but problems with Safeway. 1. Broker: Safeway is a BROKER, who hires third party moving companies. Once Safeway took my non-refundable deposit, their customer service ended. My moving co. was OnTrack Movers (NJ), a small one truck operation with no customer service. Trying to set-up a new moving date (OnTrack failed on the original pick-up) and finding missing crates was a complete nightmare. I still have not received any insurance proceeds, even after leaving repeated messages. 2. Binding Moving Estimate is significantly below actual: Safeway uses cubic feet estimates from their own system, regardless if you provide actual dimensions. The cubic feet estimate/price was 25% below my actual, even though nothing changed. Once you give a non-refundable deposit, the movers show up and surprise, your actual cubic feet/price has gone up. Your only recourse is to refuse to move whereby you lose your non-refundable deposit and you have to start the moving process over. 3. Written Contract: There were verbal commitments made from Safeway's Joseph C including that I had additional space under my minimum space requirement of 450 cubic feet. However even when my move was below 450 c ft, Safeway charged me 25% more as there was no provision for minimum space allowance in the Binding Moving Estimate contract. Buyer beware. Words to the wise, choose a moving company which will be moving your items not a broker. Although Safeway had one of the cheapest price quotes, its not worth the additional cost, pain and suffering of dealing with this company.