Veteran owned and based in Chicago, Safeway Moving System offers local, long-distance, and international moving services as well as storage options. The company specializes in providing moving services for large homes and condos and provides its customers with a flat rate price, or hourly rate, for their moves with a promise of no extra charges or hidden fees. Safeway Moving System is granted full operating authority by the U.S. and Canadian governments, which means that they are authorized to provide services in all states and provinces. With over 100 trucks in its network, Safeway Moving System is able to find you the best solution for an affordable price.

In addition to its traditional moving services, Safeway Moving offers monthly storage for personal and commercial valuables. The company prides itself on being an industry leader in international relocation, moving, storage, and freight forwarding services.

The Good

• Positive Customer Reviews
  • Free Moving Quotes
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Storage Solutions
  • International Reach
  • Works with Condo Associations

Positive Customer Reviews

Safeway Moving System has many positive online reviews. Reviewers are often observed sharing their positive view of the company’s no hidden fee policy. Many said they were satisfied with the company’s transparent pricing and that they were charged the amount they were quoted for their move. Positive reviews also mentioned the professionalism and timeliness of the company’s movers.

Free Moving Quotes

When moving, it is always a good idea to get pricing quotes from several moving companies to see which would be the best fit for your move. Safeway Moving System provides free quotes via email or over the phone.

No Hidden Fees

Some moving companies provide quotes that are inaccurate, too low, or that do not mention fees or additional charges that a customer could potentially incur. Safeway Moving System promises its customers that it does not charge hidden fees or add on extra charge. The company quotes movers a flat rate price, or hourly rate, and do not charge for travel time back and forth between counties as some companies do.

Storage Solutions

Safeway Moving System offers its customers personal and commercial storage solutions, including to those moving internationally. Items are stored in wooden storage vaults equipped with anti-theft security alarm systems. Customers can start renting storage space anytime and are charged monthly with the first month’s rent being free as an introductory special. As a benefit, Safeway Moving System promises to match or beat its competitors storage pricing, so movers looking for storage should shop around to guarantee the lowest price.

International Reach

Because international moves can be more complicated and stressful, Safeway Moving System is committed to making the process run smoothly. The company has seventeen international licensees and relationships with more than 300 preferred global partners. While it seems Safeway specializes in moves within North America, it encourages customers to call their customer service reps for information on moves outside of the United States and Canada.

As a bonus, Safeway Moving System’s move coordinators can help guide customers through a variety of questions that may arise during an international move. The company can provide information on the destination country, climate, schools, and shipping regulations that can affect what movers are allowed to transport into the country.

Works with Condo Associations

Many condo associations require moving companies to verify licensing, insurance, and credentials to mitigate risk. It is common for most moving companies to carry the minimum insurance policy required by law which is $750,000. Safeway Moving System carries $1,000,000 dollar insurance policy and carries current licensing.

The Bad

• No Pricing Information Online
  • Inconsistent Online Reviews
  • Limited Services Compared to Competitors

No Pricing Information Online

Many moving companies will offer movers a way to obtain a moving quote online. This is convenient and makes comparing several moving companies’ quotes quick and easy. Safeway Moving System does not provide any pricing information on its website, and movers must call or email the company directly for a quote.

Inconsistent Online Reviews

While many of the company’s online reviews were glowing, there did appear to be some inconsistency. Many Safeway Moving System’s reviews give the company a glowing five stars, but there are also many rock-bottom one-star reviews accusing the company of paying for positive reviews online. Negative reviewers often mention that they were charged hidden fees after they were told there wouldn’t be any. Potential customers should carefully review quotes and ask what fees could potentially be charged.

Limited Services Compared to Competitors

Other moving services companies advertise a larger variety of services that can make a move easier and more convenient for customers such as cleaning services, move planners, and information specifically to assist with military moves. The company provides very limited information on car shipping; however, it does appear from some online reviews that customers were able to work with the company on shipping their vehicles.

The Bottom Line

Safeway Moving System has a decades-long history of providing moving services across all 50 states as well as internationally. This full service coverage can be very helpful for those moving long distances. The company’s storage service also provides customers with a convenient solution to storage needs when they arrive at their destination; no finding and arranging delivery to a separate storage facility. We are impressed by Safeway’s promise of flat rate moving quotes with no hidden fees, as well as its price match or beat guarantee for their storage services.

Accusations of fraudulent glowing, five-star reviews give us pause, and we encourage you to research a number of local long-distance movers, full-service movers, and relocation companies near you before making a final decision to ensure that the fees, offers, and services are the best fit for you.

4.9

Donnell

September 4th, 2020 Casper, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These guys are the truth when it comes to moving. They made sure the sales process went by all ways my way and then the movers came and made sure that all of our stuff was wrapped and protected. Not a single item was damaged or missing and to me that is worth all the money in the world. Please give them a call. It's worth it.

Jeff Henry

August 17th, 2020 Mahopac, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is by far the most hassle free and convenient moving company experience I've ever had. The staff was helpful with all my needs and requests concerning the move as well as friendly and easy to talk to. Recommended to all.

Chrissy Dott

October 25th, 2020 Bothell, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The people who moved my mothers belonging broke into her cedar chest and stole family heirlooms. For a company that boasts about being for veterans... the thieves stole my late grandfathers war medals, and my late grandmothers jewelry. Precious items that were gifted to her- like the ring they gave her for her 16th birthday. I’ve been run around trying to find information. I’ll find every platform their is and broadcast this theft. That was all she had left of them. Shame on this company.

Tyrese

October 6th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These guys were not only prompt, efficient and courteous but went the extra mile ensuring delicate furniture was well padded and countless heavy boxes of books carried from up and down stairs. The van was carefully loaded so that even open boxes and two small trees even arrived safely with no spills. They arrived on time and the whole move was complete by lunchtime. I highly recommend them to everyone!

Price

October 2nd, 2020 Alva, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All I can say is they are the best, and the best, everything they did was in a calm and professional manner. They are excellent, at their work very patient. They are hard workers, and were very careful with the boxes. I hope I don’t move again soon, but whenever I’ll do, I’ll only hire these guys!

Effy

October 1st, 2020 Ashburn, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The team arrived on time were very courteous, professional and efficient. I would definitely recommend them and most certainly use them again.

Mark

September 30th, 2020 Marana, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were fast and professional, and everything was wrapped so it wouldn't get scratched. They took great care of everything, pretty much more than I would have expected. They were all very nice guys, great attitudes, very polite and helpful. I definitely will use this company for my next move!

Marty Kerluke

September 24th, 2020 Mililani Town, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My movers stayed true to our contract terms and made sure that all my things including mattresses, electronics and furniture were in excellent condition during delivery. I will certainly use them again for my future moves.

Joey

September 21st, 2020 Turlock, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are hard working and fast! Totally worth the money. Moving is stressful and they get it. A big thank you to David and crew. Can’t recommend them enough. Would work with them again.

Peyton

September 18th, 2020 Reisterstown, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were all professional, handled my stuff with care and moved my stuff much faster than I thought. Don't me get started on how well they wrapped up my stuff! I was very impressed. Highly recommend this moving company for all your moving needs.

Martin

September 17th, 2020 Penn Laird, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are great movers that care about their customers from start to finish, completely satisfied with how my things made it inside my home without the slightest scratch or dent. They worked hard and quickly to get our things safe where they needed to be. They didn’t break any of my furniture. Thanks for moving me without a problem. Highly recommended!

Frederik

September 16th, 2020 Fairfax, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The fear of losing my stuff in the process of moving is no longer a bother to me. Safeway Moving company put it to rest when their moving crew arrived at my house and set down to work in the most skilled way. They were great and I am forever going to recommend them always.

Bradly

September 14th, 2020 Anderson, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am pleased to say that Safeway Moving System Company did a fantastic job with our recent move. The staff was attentive and professional. They handled our goods as though it was their own. I am so happy and impressed with my move. I can’t recommend them enough 5 stars!

Safeway Moving System Logo

Reply from Safeway Moving System

Sep 16, 2020

Thank you so much Bradly, it was a pleasure working with you and helping you move.

Reid

September 11th, 2020 Lovettsville, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Safeway Moving has very competitive rate, professional movers and excellent customer service that work at making sure that everything goes smoothly. Thank you. I will recommend them without any doubt or hesitation.

Jevon

September 9th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Michael and his team were amazing in helping our move from Fairbanks, AK to CELLCO, TX. Even though there was heavy rain and the fact that my apartment complex would not let us park the moving truck close to our lift the three guys did an awesome job. All were very fast, polite and hardworking. I highly recommend them for any moving job. Thank you, Safeway Moving company and team. We are very appreciative for the professional service you provided.

Jabari

September 9th, 2020 Durham, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would recommend them to everybody who is going to move soon and don't want to worry about anything! David is such a professional and efficient guy! He also helped me to put all furniture nicely and set up all my frames. Such a great experience!

Alexandre

September 8th, 2020 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On move day everything was wrapped, packed and on the road. A few days later at delivery, it looked like never moved an inch even going all those miles. The stuff was placed into its new positions and I was thrilled. Shocked that nothing was missing or broken, but I guess you really can’t judge your past experiences with your present actions. Highly recommend Safeway Moving !!

Deon

September 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Beginning with the first phone call from my sales rep M, who was extremely detailed, reminding me of the littlest things that no other company mentioned, protecting me from the overages that I have read about from the other movers; to the last box taken off the truck by the movers. They handled my furniture as if it were their own. I If I ever need to move again I will definitely call them. I'm just glad I finally found a respectable company.

Franz

September 7th, 2020 Fergus Falls, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These movers gave us a better price than the other ones and guaranteed delivery by the date we needed. Everything went smoothly without any problems. I give you five stars across the board for sure!!

Brooks

September 3rd, 2020 Tulsa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Recently moved out 2bed/2bath condo and hired Safeway Moving .There were 2 workers who diligently worked to move all my furniture from the 2nd floor to the storage unit. They did a through job and nothing was damaged. Impressive movers.

Jack

September 2nd, 2020 Woodland Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This move that just took place was by far the most stressful situation we had ever been through in our life.Safeway Moving System put things into perspective. They were quick to throw in many extras but most importantly to cut cost. This move is extremely affordable and it was done by the best moving company available. We figured the best way to thank you was by leaving a positive feedback.

Andres

September 2nd, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great group of guys and girls all working with our information put a moving package together for us that worked exactly off our timeline and went well above our expectations. They kept us informed and were very flexible with pricing and packing options. They were also available to talk after hours since I do work late. Great work by a great company! Highly recommended!!

Clint

September 1st, 2020 Union City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These guys finished a ten-hour job before us, and worked really hard and really efficiently until almost 11 o'clock at night. They all had positive attitudes and they are great workers! I would recommend them to help your move any day!

Lonzo

September 1st, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very professional and extremely quick while being careful not to damage our stuff. They had to take apart and re-assemble a platform bed which they did very well. Nothing was scratched or damaged. They had us out of our old place and into our new one before noon! From now on-wards, I will only use Safeway Moving Company for my moves.

Ryan

August 31st, 2020 Clearwater, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They arrived on time, everything was packed with care, they took the time they estimated, it arrived to my destination on time, and I paid exactly the quote I was given. I would definitely recommend Safeway Moving System if you wanna devoid yourself of the moving headache.

Felton

August 31st, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For the day of move, I worked with John and his team. From the get go, I was highly impressed by how fast yet careful and efficient they were in moving our things. It was a memorable moving experience for me. Highly recommended.

Ewald

August 31st, 2020 Cupertino, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are intelligent, courteous, respectful and professional. I highly recommend their services and will definitely look to them for future moves.

Everardo

August 28th, 2020 Portage, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

William and his team are super professional and offer stellar service! They responded with a reasonable quote very quickly and were flexible with my schedule for pick-up and delivery. I will definitely suggest everyone to work with Safeway Moving System company!

Jacques

August 27th, 2020 Boonton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We couldn't be happier with our movers! Mason and his team were fantastic. They were early and they were amazing. They were friendly and helpful. They handled our stuff with care and they worked fast. Moving day was so pleasant and relaxing! If you are in the tri-state area, hire Safeway Moving System company and ask for James and Michael, they will take care of you.

Delbert Francois

August 18th, 2020 Pearl City, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were great; on time and on schedule. They helped put all our bins and bags into wardrobe boxes for efficiency.!

Janet

August 18th, 2020 Plainfield, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is the most legit company I have ever worked with. So fast and very professional. All of my belongings were packed perfectly. Nothing was broken scratched etc. THEY ARE THE BEST! I can’t recommend this moving company and movers enough!

Morgan Webster

August 17th, 2020 Hawley, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I got to my new apartment best company moved in everything and set it up exactly the way I wanted it set up without any hesitation. The two guys that came were super friendly and extremely professional. Recommended to all.

Ethan Alexander

August 17th, 2020 Lynnwood, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were so fast, courteous and professional! These guys were super nice and helped us pack up some things we didn't have time to do, and not a single thing was broken when we moved everything to our new place. They didn't charge us for the plastic wrap for furniture, use of moving blankets, or even that the house they were unloading was 3 stories tall. Thanks, guys! Will hire you guys again!

Wiley Torphy

August 10th, 2020 Kalispell, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Really professional, fast, kind, and they didn't try to rush me - sometimes when you are moving you just need an extra moment to think! This is the second time we've used Safeway Moving System and will be strongly recommending them to everyone we know.

Philip Houston

August 7th, 2020 Webster, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always the best and most efficient. Our loft has a spiral staircase and these guys did a fantastic job to move everything! This is the 6th time I moved in the CT, and the Safeway Moving System are by far, I really mean, by far the best! 5 stars without a doubt!