Veteran owned and based in Chicago, Safeway Moving System offers local, long-distance, and international moving services as well as storage options. The company specializes in providing moving services for large homes and condos and provides its customers with a flat rate price, or hourly rate, for their moves with a promise of no extra charges or hidden fees. Safeway Moving System is granted full operating authority by the U.S. and Canadian governments, which means that they are authorized to provide services in all states and provinces. With over 100 trucks in its network, Safeway Moving System is able to find you the best solution for an affordable price.

In addition to its traditional moving services, Safeway Moving offers monthly storage for personal and commercial valuables. The company prides itself on being an industry leader in international relocation, moving, storage, and freight forwarding services.

The Good

• Positive Customer Reviews
  • Free Moving Quotes
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Storage Solutions
  • International Reach
  • Works with Condo Associations

Positive Customer Reviews

Safeway Moving System has many positive online reviews. Reviewers are often observed sharing their positive view of the company’s no hidden fee policy. Many said they were satisfied with the company’s transparent pricing and that they were charged the amount they were quoted for their move. Positive reviews also mentioned the professionalism and timeliness of the company’s movers.

Free Moving Quotes

When moving, it is always a good idea to get pricing quotes from several moving companies to see which would be the best fit for your move. Safeway Moving System provides free quotes via email or over the phone.

No Hidden Fees

Some moving companies provide quotes that are inaccurate, too low, or that do not mention fees or additional charges that a customer could potentially incur. Safeway Moving System promises its customers that it does not charge hidden fees or add on extra charge. The company quotes movers a flat rate price, or hourly rate, and do not charge for travel time back and forth between counties as some companies do.

Storage Solutions

Safeway Moving System offers its customers personal and commercial storage solutions, including to those moving internationally. Items are stored in wooden storage vaults equipped with anti-theft security alarm systems. Customers can start renting storage space anytime and are charged monthly with the first month’s rent being free as an introductory special. As a benefit, Safeway Moving System promises to match or beat its competitors storage pricing, so movers looking for storage should shop around to guarantee the lowest price.

International Reach

Because international moves can be more complicated and stressful, Safeway Moving System is committed to making the process run smoothly. The company has seventeen international licensees and relationships with more than 300 preferred global partners. While it seems Safeway specializes in moves within North America, it encourages customers to call their customer service reps for information on moves outside of the United States and Canada.

As a bonus, Safeway Moving System’s move coordinators can help guide customers through a variety of questions that may arise during an international move. The company can provide information on the destination country, climate, schools, and shipping regulations that can affect what movers are allowed to transport into the country.

Works with Condo Associations

Many condo associations require moving companies to verify licensing, insurance, and credentials to mitigate risk. It is common for most moving companies to carry the minimum insurance policy required by law which is $750,000. Safeway Moving System carries $1,000,000 dollar insurance policy and carries current licensing.

The Bad

• No Pricing Information Online
  • Inconsistent Online Reviews
  • Limited Services Compared to Competitors

No Pricing Information Online

Many moving companies will offer movers a way to obtain a moving quote online. This is convenient and makes comparing several moving companies’ quotes quick and easy. Safeway Moving System does not provide any pricing information on its website, and movers must call or email the company directly for a quote.

Inconsistent Online Reviews

While many of the company’s online reviews were glowing, there did appear to be some inconsistency. Many Safeway Moving System’s reviews give the company a glowing five stars, but there are also many rock-bottom one-star reviews accusing the company of paying for positive reviews online. Negative reviewers often mention that they were charged hidden fees after they were told there wouldn’t be any. Potential customers should carefully review quotes and ask what fees could potentially be charged.

Limited Services Compared to Competitors

Other moving services companies advertise a larger variety of services that can make a move easier and more convenient for customers such as cleaning services, move planners, and information specifically to assist with military moves. The company provides very limited information on car shipping; however, it does appear from some online reviews that customers were able to work with the company on shipping their vehicles.

The Bottom Line

Safeway Moving System has a decades-long history of providing moving services across all 50 states as well as internationally. This full service coverage can be very helpful for those moving long distances. The company’s storage service also provides customers with a convenient solution to storage needs when they arrive at their destination; no finding and arranging delivery to a separate storage facility. We are impressed by Safeway’s promise of flat rate moving quotes with no hidden fees, as well as its price match or beat guarantee for their storage services.

Accusations of fraudulent glowing, five-star reviews give us pause, and we encourage you to research a number of local long-distance movers, full-service movers, and relocation companies near you before making a final decision to ensure that the fees, offers, and services are the best fit for you.

Jeff Henry

August 17th, 2020 Mahopac, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is by far the most hassle free and convenient moving company experience I've ever had. The staff was helpful with all my needs and requests concerning the move as well as friendly and easy to talk to. Recommended to all.

Claudia

November 20th, 2020 Deerfield Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

guys showed on time, brought all boxes and packed them up also. I was surprised with my move taking the entire truck that the 4 movers (2 of 4 were vets) doing it, were actually able to get it all done from sunrise to sunset, delivery from cast to coast took 8 days for the 2800 miles but kept me in the loop tracking it and providing an update and a call the night beofre the pickup giving the time. I wish I could give them 500 STARS, great job

Jake Wolfe

November 20th, 2020 Delray Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was smooth, on time, and stress free. Broke it all down so I knew exactly what I was paying for and wasn’t charged a penny more. Would definitely recommend to friends and family there’s a reason they’ve been around so long!

R Lampkin

November 20th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Safeway shipped my items from Houston to Miami last month. Leading up to move day, they were very easy to deal with. The actual moving men that arrived to help were outstanding. Delivery was prompt as well. I will be recommending them.

Aaron Bianco

November 12th, 2020 Manchester, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They picked up my stuff on Oct 27. It is now Nov 12 and my stuff is still in a warehouse at it’s initial location. I am told by customer service “ we can’t find a driver”. Is that not the company’s job? Was also told they legally have 21 buisness days and if they don’t make that the have another 30 before they are penalized. Customer service is horrible and I was told in the beginning that they would have my stuff to me in 10 days. This company is horrible!!

Justin Esposito

November 6th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company. My move went way better than expected. I was a little nervous because the movers were a few min late (like 15 min) to pick my stuff up. But once they showed up My anxiety went away because they were very professional. Great overall experience and I Definitely reccomend using them.

Gary L Muraco

November 3rd, 2020 Lake City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We researched multiple moving companies in the area. Safeway Moving System was the most responsive courteous and professional company that we dealt with initially. Their quote was reasonable and the moving team arrived as scheduled with all the supplies necessary. They we're very courteous and professional and respectful. The crew demonstrated excellent customer service. We were pleasantly surprised with the care that they took with our furniture and the added supplies that they used to make sure that nothing was damaged. The sales team were very accommodating professional courteous and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend Safeway Moving System without hesitation.

Vic potter

November 3rd, 2020 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a great experience with this moving company. the crew was on time. I paid for a full pack job for my two-bedroom one-bath home in New York. I was shocked there were no damages everything was packed and handled professionally. The truck pulled up on time as scheduled in Florida. good communication through the entire move which made for a nice transition. Im in my 70's and needed a company that could take care of everything and that's why I would recommend this company highly.

Autumn Leigh

November 2nd, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a great experience with this moving company. Prices were mare then reasonable. Everyone was very helpful and efficient when I called into the office, someone was always answering my questions and were very informative throughout our move! Crew was clean and truck was packed professionally. I would highly recommend this company to anyone that is moving across country.

Chrissy Dott

October 25th, 2020 Bothell, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The people who moved my mothers belonging broke into her cedar chest and stole family heirlooms. For a company that boasts about being for veterans... the thieves stole my late grandfathers war medals, and my late grandmothers jewelry. Precious items that were gifted to her- like the ring they gave her for her 16th birthday. I’ve been run around trying to find information. I’ll find every platform their is and broadcast this theft. That was all she had left of them. Shame on this company.

Andres

September 2nd, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great group of guys and girls all working with our information put a moving package together for us that worked exactly off our timeline and went well above our expectations. They kept us informed and were very flexible with pricing and packing options. They were also available to talk after hours since I do work late. Great work by a great company! Highly recommended!!

Clint

September 1st, 2020 Union City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These guys finished a ten-hour job before us, and worked really hard and really efficiently until almost 11 o'clock at night. They all had positive attitudes and they are great workers! I would recommend them to help your move any day!

Lonzo

September 1st, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very professional and extremely quick while being careful not to damage our stuff. They had to take apart and re-assemble a platform bed which they did very well. Nothing was scratched or damaged. They had us out of our old place and into our new one before noon! From now on-wards, I will only use Safeway Moving Company for my moves.

Ryan

August 31st, 2020 Clearwater, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They arrived on time, everything was packed with care, they took the time they estimated, it arrived to my destination on time, and I paid exactly the quote I was given. I would definitely recommend Safeway Moving System if you wanna devoid yourself of the moving headache.

Felton

August 31st, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For the day of move, I worked with John and his team. From the get go, I was highly impressed by how fast yet careful and efficient they were in moving our things. It was a memorable moving experience for me. Highly recommended.

Ewald

August 31st, 2020 Cupertino, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are intelligent, courteous, respectful and professional. I highly recommend their services and will definitely look to them for future moves.

Everardo

August 28th, 2020 Portage, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

William and his team are super professional and offer stellar service! They responded with a reasonable quote very quickly and were flexible with my schedule for pick-up and delivery. I will definitely suggest everyone to work with Safeway Moving System company!

Jacques

August 27th, 2020 Boonton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We couldn't be happier with our movers! Mason and his team were fantastic. They were early and they were amazing. They were friendly and helpful. They handled our stuff with care and they worked fast. Moving day was so pleasant and relaxing! If you are in the tri-state area, hire Safeway Moving System company and ask for James and Michael, they will take care of you.

Delbert Francois

August 18th, 2020 Pearl City, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were great; on time and on schedule. They helped put all our bins and bags into wardrobe boxes for efficiency.!

Janet

August 18th, 2020 Plainfield, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is the most legit company I have ever worked with. So fast and very professional. All of my belongings were packed perfectly. Nothing was broken scratched etc. THEY ARE THE BEST! I can’t recommend this moving company and movers enough!

Morgan Webster

August 17th, 2020 Hawley, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I got to my new apartment best company moved in everything and set it up exactly the way I wanted it set up without any hesitation. The two guys that came were super friendly and extremely professional. Recommended to all.

Ethan Alexander

August 17th, 2020 Lynnwood, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were so fast, courteous and professional! These guys were super nice and helped us pack up some things we didn't have time to do, and not a single thing was broken when we moved everything to our new place. They didn't charge us for the plastic wrap for furniture, use of moving blankets, or even that the house they were unloading was 3 stories tall. Thanks, guys! Will hire you guys again!

Wiley Torphy

August 10th, 2020 Kalispell, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Really professional, fast, kind, and they didn't try to rush me - sometimes when you are moving you just need an extra moment to think! This is the second time we've used Safeway Moving System and will be strongly recommending them to everyone we know.

Philip Houston

August 7th, 2020 Webster, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always the best and most efficient. Our loft has a spiral staircase and these guys did a fantastic job to move everything! This is the 6th time I moved in the CT, and the Safeway Moving System are by far, I really mean, by far the best! 5 stars without a doubt!