Safeway Moving System Logo

Safeway Moving System

8.3

Veteran owned and based in Chicago, Safeway Moving System offers local, long-distance, and international moving services as well as storage options. The company specializes in providing moving services for large homes and condos and provides its customers with a flat rate price, or hourly rate, for their moves with a promise of no extra charges or hidden fees. Safeway Moving System is granted full operating authority by the U.S. and Canadian governments, which means that they are authorized to provide services in all states and provinces. With over 100 trucks in its network, Safeway Moving System is able to find you the best solution for an affordable price.

In addition to its traditional moving services, Safeway Moving offers monthly storage for personal and commercial valuables. The company prides itself on being an industry leader in international relocation, moving, storage, and freight forwarding services.

The Good

• Positive Customer Reviews
  • Free Moving Quotes
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Storage Solutions
  • International Reach
  • Works with Condo Associations

Positive Customer Reviews

Safeway Moving System has many positive online reviews. Reviewers are often observed sharing their positive view of the company’s no hidden fee policy. Many said they were satisfied with the company’s transparent pricing and that they were charged the amount they were quoted for their move. Positive reviews also mentioned the professionalism and timeliness of the company’s movers.

Free Moving Quotes

When moving, it is always a good idea to get pricing quotes from several moving companies to see which would be the best fit for your move. Safeway Moving System provides free quotes via email or over the phone.

No Hidden Fees

Some moving companies provide quotes that are inaccurate, too low, or that do not mention fees or additional charges that a customer could potentially incur. Safeway Moving System promises its customers that it does not charge hidden fees or add on extra charge. The company quotes movers a flat rate price, or hourly rate, and do not charge for travel time back and forth between counties as some companies do.

Storage Solutions

Safeway Moving System offers its customers personal and commercial storage solutions, including to those moving internationally. Items are stored in wooden storage vaults equipped with anti-theft security alarm systems. Customers can start renting storage space anytime and are charged monthly with the first month’s rent being free as an introductory special. As a benefit, Safeway Moving System promises to match or beat its competitors storage pricing, so movers looking for storage should shop around to guarantee the lowest price.

International Reach

Because international moves can be more complicated and stressful, Safeway Moving System is committed to making the process run smoothly. The company has seventeen international licensees and relationships with more than 300 preferred global partners. While it seems Safeway specializes in moves within North America, it encourages customers to call their customer service reps for information on moves outside of the United States and Canada.

As a bonus, Safeway Moving System’s move coordinators can help guide customers through a variety of questions that may arise during an international move. The company can provide information on the destination country, climate, schools, and shipping regulations that can affect what movers are allowed to transport into the country.

Works with Condo Associations

Many condo associations require moving companies to verify licensing, insurance, and credentials to mitigate risk. It is common for most moving companies to carry the minimum insurance policy required by law which is $750,000. Safeway Moving System carries $1,000,000 dollar insurance policy and carries current licensing.

The Bad

• No Pricing Information Online
  • Inconsistent Online Reviews
  • Limited Services Compared to Competitors

No Pricing Information Online

Many moving companies will offer movers a way to obtain a moving quote online. This is convenient and makes comparing several moving companies’ quotes quick and easy. Safeway Moving System does not provide any pricing information on its website, and movers must call or email the company directly for a quote.

Inconsistent Online Reviews

While many of the company’s online reviews were glowing, there did appear to be some inconsistency. Many Safeway Moving System’s reviews give the company a glowing five stars, but there are also many rock-bottom one-star reviews accusing the company of paying for positive reviews online. Negative reviewers often mention that they were charged hidden fees after they were told there wouldn’t be any. Potential customers should carefully review quotes and ask what fees could potentially be charged.

Limited Services Compared to Competitors

Other moving services companies advertise a larger variety of services that can make a move easier and more convenient for customers such as cleaning services, move planners, and information specifically to assist with military moves. The company provides very limited information on car shipping; however, it does appear from some online reviews that customers were able to work with the company on shipping their vehicles.

The Bottom Line

Safeway Moving System has a decades-long history of providing moving services across all 50 states as well as internationally. This full service coverage can be very helpful for those moving long distances. The company’s storage service also provides customers with a convenient solution to storage needs when they arrive at their destination; no finding and arranging delivery to a separate storage facility. We are impressed by Safeway’s promise of flat rate moving quotes with no hidden fees, as well as its price match or beat guarantee for their storage services.

Accusations of fraudulent glowing, five-star reviews give us pause, and we encourage you to research a number of local long-distance movers, full-service movers, and relocation companies near you before making a final decision to ensure that the fees, offers, and services are the best fit for you.

Message from
Safeway Moving System

The Safeway to move: Military precision relocation Founded by a U.S. Army Vet, Safeway Moving has grown to become one of the safest solutions to long distance moving. The moving industry is confusing, and the last thing you need when preparing for a move is confusion. Safeway Moving System has helped enough people move that we know the industry inside and out. We will cut through the chaos and keep your move simple and affordable.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

4.1

bookmark

Featured Review

Jeff Henry Mahopac, NY

This is by far the most hassle free and convenient moving company experience I've ever had. The staff was helpful with all my needs and requests concerning the move as well as friendly and easy to talk to. Recommended to all.

Julianne Michael

I was referred to this company by a friend and could not be more happy with my decision! Moving is already stressful enough and Safeway moving made the move basically stress free! I highly recommend this company to anyone! They are hard- working professionals who will take great care of your things and ensure the move goes seamlessly! Overall experience exceeded my expectations!

James Glodzik Hollywood, FL

Safeway Moving mad an otherwise terrible situation in my family’s life far more bearable. After my mother died it really took a toll on the family and the kids. Having to move all her things from Seattle to Florida was also just a nightmare. With everything going on I can’t than Safeway enough for making everything so simple. They picked up my mother’s belongings and treated them as if they were their own. Now my kids have the photo books and memories from their grandma forever (and some pretty cool antiques too). Thanks Safeway. You were amazing.

Bryan Davis Miami, FL

So my representatives name was Zachary, he was so helpful from start to finish, he pretty much held our hand because this was our first time doing a long distance move. I saw how they were rank #1 for accurate pricing, because I’m sure we’ve all heard those stories of the movers showing up and charging $1,000s of dollars more. Not to get off topic too quick but a good friend of mine did a long distance move a few years back and he didn’t look into the company that he was hiring. He put down a deposit the day he book the move and then come pick up day they demanded an extra $3,500 more dollars or they won’t take the furniture. His lease ended that day and he was stuck on the side of the road with everything he owned because he didn’t have the additional money to pay for it. That’s why it was so important for me to choose Safeway. Zachary and I went over item by item on the phone and made an inventory so I was able to get accurate pricing. Come pick-up day, lo and behold, the price was exactly what they said it would be. And as far as the move itself, they couldn’t have done a better job handling the furniture. I never write reviews lol. So yeah, check them out if you’re looking for a company to hire for a long-distance move!

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

This company offer several good benefits. They offer a packing service as well as 30 days of free storage. They were very prompt in assisting me and helping me find the product that I needed. All of them went above and beyond with their customer service ability. I was very impressed. I would say the only negative thing would be the checkout process. The equipment that they have is very dated and takes a very long time to load things up. It was very long and drawn out having to wait at the register for more than 10 minutes before we could complete the transaction. I think that would help so much if they were able to change that.

Maria P.

What did it for me was the free month of storage as my apartment leases didn't perfectly line up. Safeway also didn't charge me for the second delivery after leaving storage to my final drop-off location. Was such a lifesaver! I also really appreciated them labeling each item with a sticker that had a unique bar code to ensure nothing went missing.

Hannah Barbera Brooklyn, NY

Let me start with saying.. I have a lot of furniture (chairs, lamps, side tables, etc.) and small (fragile) objects. As an interior designer, I have a full apartment and studio/office. Not to toot my own horn but.. most is designer and its all very special to me. Choosing a mover can be super intimidating/frustrating. After calling several companies and getting low ball prices to lock me in, with lots of "pricing will be determined once the truck is actually packed", I didn't want to take the risk. Safeway was able to give me straightforward pricing, realistic transport time, and answer all my "worst case scenario" questions.

Thomas Martin Brooklyn, NY

Safeway was a real helping hand. Our move was planned a month in advanced with some other company. That other company ended up canceling on us last minute. My wife and I were so stressed and upset, not only did they cancel, they did not return the $700 deposit without a fight. Regardless, Safeway was initially our second choice before we elected for a scammer. We reached out to Safeway and Gerard was so gracious and helpful over the phone. He eased our minds right away. I wish we stuck with Gerard and Safeway initially but alas we went for a cheaper price. That said, Safeway came the next day and moved us out of our Baltimore apartment and delivered our items to New York the very same day. I can not thank them enough. They were there when we needed them and they did not give us a single worry from the moment they arrived. I recommend this company to anyone. ~ Thomas Martins

Alex J New York, NY

I recently moved to New Jersey and used Safeway moving as my coordinator. They were a pleasant team to work with. They helped organize my move in a quick and easy fashion. I moved from Chicago and took on a new role in my company. Lucky for me, my company covered my cost to move. Safeway was the only company I found to work with easily to facilitate the funds to be transferred without any strange requests. I had booked with another mover and my company had strict requirements to work with movers. I had to cancel with the other mover and book for a same week move out. David and his team at Safeway were quick to act and I’m grateful for that. The move was obviously a success otherwise I wouldn’t be writing this. I encourage you the readers to make safeway your next mover. They will help you in tight situations like they helped me.

Daniel Newark, NJ

I had hired Safeway to help move my aunt and uncle to their retirement home in Florida. Safeway offered a quick delivery and a fair price. They had boasted a fantastic reputation and I was eager to see how they would handle such a strange move. my aunt and uncle have hundreds of collectibles and I wanted to make sure their valuables were handled with great care. hundreds of unique pieces of china and trinkets that they collected over the years. Safeway offered a very careful operation. Their agent was prompt and reliable from start to finish. I was very happy with the results which is why I am writing this review. Moving my aunt and uncle (both retired vet's) was stressful for my self and them two. Safeway organized a seamless operation. I am thankful A+ for price A+ for timelyness A+ thoroughness

Harriet Schafer Miami, FL

Safeway Moving Systems moved me from Kansas to Florida recently - and yes I’m a REAL customer - and I couldn’t be happier with how the move went. I’m constantly moving about every 3 years or so, so I have a lot of experience with long distance professional moving companies. I’ve had good experiences & I’ve had total nightmares. So I know what to look for and what questions to ask when finding a moving company. They were not the cheapest quote but they were definitely the most honest. My final price ended up being a bit higher than the original estimate but I added a lot of boxes the week of the move. It’s common sense- you add more, you pay for that space. However, I was able to finalize my inventory with their quality assurance department before the move so that I wasn’t stuck finding out the final price on the day of the move- other companies have backed me into a corner with this tactic leaving me no other option and forced to pay. Safeway made sure we had all our bases covered before the day of pickup. I was really nervous with my grandmother’s antiques in particular, but the crew showed up on time, they were extremely kind and professional, and really took the extra time and care with these items. I had no damages or missing items in Florida! They didn’t give me false hope with delivery timelines - which has also happened to me in the past - so I was able to prepare accordingly for my arrangements during delivery time. Again, I move every few years due to work, and I can finally say I’ve found the one and only moving company I’ll be using from here forward! Thanks Safeway and team!

anthony marina Margate, FL

Safeway we’re true professionals and first class service . My customer service rep was available for updates along the way & helped me coordinate for a friend to accept the delivery with no hassle. I’m thankful they made it work for you me when i wasn’t able to be there upon delivery.

Kasey Silver Windermere, FL

Great service, relieved my family of a lot of stress during my move from Boca to Denver. I worked with David who was communicative through the entire process. Everything arrived without damage and in a timely manner. Thanks Safeway.

Skippy1958 Miami, FL

It started with my caring coordinator Chris who set the move the correct way. When the movers got there their Foreman Billy did everything that was in writing and delivery went smooth also everything was accounted for and in the same shape. Top notch company!

MC Miami, FL

I used Safeway moving for my move from New York to Miami. I had never hired a moving company for a long distance move before, but had heard horrible stories of companies changing the price on move day, or losing items all together so was hesitant going into it. I worked with Joe who was always available to me for inventory and date changes and made me feel comfortable with his industry expertise. Pack up was easy and handled in two hours. Load in was the same. I've already recommended several friends who have used them and had similar experiences!

Bob Ursus Ridgewood, NY

I had no idea what to expect when I first began to Shop around. I moved from California a few weeks ago and the whole process was more stressful for my family than expected. I had hired Safeway after speaking with several companies. Safeway was pricier but their reputation made me comfortable. When speaking with them, I felt at ease. I had spent a week shopping around and the more I did the less I wanted to actually move. I selected Safeway because it just felt right. Every time I emailed or called they had the right answers. This was my first big move (for a job) and it was the right decision for my family. We sold off a lot of items between the time we booked the move and the actual move date. Safeway reassessed my move cost a few days before the move which brought my price down. The whole move took 4 hours to load. The price was $200 off but I was ok with it. I did forget a few items that needed to be boxed up. I wouldn’t be writing this review if I felt they were not doing the best job they could. During a global pandemic you want to make sure your family is safe during the whole move. I felt my family and our items were in safe hands with this company. Charlie and his team did a great job. I’m thankful for selecting this company.

Eryk Kowalski Maspeth, NY

I hired Safeway to help move my family from Chicago to New York. I had limited expectations but I needed help. My cousin used Safeway and their local agent in the past and had very little issues working with them. I had to move a two bedroom. My company luckily was covering the cost. I had a pleasant experience with the representative over the phone. I sent them videos of what I needed to move and I received a price within an hour. The movers arrived on time and packed everything. They boxed up my art work. They helped arrange a date that suited my building in New York. The whole move took about a week. I am glad to write this review. My family is happy with the results. What more can I ask for? Moving is rough. Safeway Moving was a pleasure to work with.

Shaun Champaneria West Palm Beach, FL

I had a last minute move from Florida to Georgia originally booked with another company, at the last minute they cancelled due to likely getting a longer more lucrative move. Obviously, I was furious with this moving company and needed to make other arrangements quickly. The move needed to be done 3 days from when the original mover cancelled on me. I called Safeway and quickly found a great solution. It being so last minute, everything went smoother than I expected. From the professionalism of the movers to the attentive customer service rep and dispatch. Overall, very pleased with my experience and would recommend Safeway to anyone.

Christian Porter Pompano Beach, FL

I booked my move from Costa Mesa, California to Raleigh, North Carolina with Safeway back in October. Due to the cost of living just becoming outrageous in California and my wife and I living on our retirement. We decided that we need to move our home and 30 years of memories. We were hesitant to use any moving company to move all of our antiques and family heirlooms. However since my wife and I not being able to move everything ourselves, we decided to contact Safeway. Best decision we made. The process was explained thoroughly from the very start. Everyone was very pleasant as eager to assist us. When the movers arrived, they handled our precious valued items with the care we were hoping for and very professional. We were very flexible with the delivery time being that we knew the high demand of people leaving the state like us. We were very impressed with the time it made it to us on the east coast. At delivery, all of our items were reassembled and all the services we paid for were rendered in a satisfactory manner. Although we plan on continuing to enjoy our retirement in our new home, we don't plan on moving anytime soon but would highly recommend Safeway moving.

Jason Woo Brooklyn, NY

Used Safeway Moving System from NJ to Cali. Got a quick quote and the whole process was very seamless. We sold our house and wanted to keep most of our furniture so it was a fairly big move, some pieces were fairly vintage and fragile but everything arrived from door to door fairly quickly and unscathed. Final price paid was exactly what I was quoted. The entire process was extremely easy. Reading on reddit some of the other companies people used had me worried but Safeway definitely exceeded my expectations. I'll recommend them to friends and family as people are moving around the country more to accommodate new working environments.

Tracy Louis Portland, OR

This company is shameless in how they run this business. The reason people will see good reviews is because after you are given a good faith quote over the phone, the movers arrive for your move and almost double the cost. They then offer to lower the price if you write 3 good reviews on different sites. They will then take screen shots of your reviews. They will not begin moving your stuff out until this is done and you've signed a 7 page contact. I personally had to wait 2 weeks to receive my furniture, clothing, cookware, TV, bath towels, etc. To add the cherry on the cake of this disaster, they managed to break an antique side board that was my great grandmother's. It was 90 years old and in my possession for over 30 years. In all my moves in that 30 years it was never damaged!. A picture and lamp were also damaged. Basically they loaded my things in Colorado Springs and unloaded in Denver where my things sat. Then finally loaded again in Denver to WA. Once here, unloaded again from the 18 wheeler and reloaded onto a U-Haul (which was another cost plus more money for the "extra" labor. Unloaded again. I'm convinced this is how my things were broken. In addition, the distance from the U-Haul to my apartment was exact half a mile up the road yet they managed to go to the other side of the city; 8 miles, which was more money on the gas and mileage. Since it was approximately 2 hours after they left the U-Haul, my theory is they used the truck I rented to drop off another load. The reason I was given for the delay in getting my belongings from Denver was because they didn't have any other moves scheduled coming out west. My things in no way took up an 18 wheeler. POS company

Miranda Gonzalez ,

I have had to move around every 2 years (for work) for some time now and I always dread it. However, I am so glad I found this company! Moving is stressful and never fun, but I felt very comfortable the entire process with Safeway. They were very friendly yet efficient. I was really appreciative that they got my move done quicker than expected and that my quote was on point. I think they are reasonably priced and although I do not really have anything too valuable, all of my items were handled with care. I will never like moving, but at least I now have a company that I trust.

Jojo T Woodside, NY

I had the pleasure of working with Safeway Moving System. I worked with Mitch and by far the most stellar representative and professional to work with. I had a successful move from Brooklyn to Fort Lauderdale during the pandemic and everything was flawless. I highly recommend this company and continue to refer my fellow New Yorkers who all plan to leave to other cities.

Kirill Yag Brooklyn, NY

Hired Safeway Moving to go from Brooklyn NY -> Boston MA, best decision I’ve made. A good friend recommended the company and I didn’t think twice. The move was very smooth and best part, very affordable!! $$ Got a quick estimate in the beginning, and was happy with the price...in the end paid exactly that which is amazing because usually many companies tack on hidden charges and fees which can be very frustrating. The crew was very professional and my things were taken care of very well. Overall, a great experience and i would definitely recommend!!

Arielle D Kalamazoo, MI

They were very nice and professional, and there were no surprises with additional charges during or after the move.

Bhrugini Patel Arlington, MA

WORST MOVING COMPANY!! DO NOT HIRE!! Getting a quote and contract in place with Safeway Moving system for my move from TX to NY was smooth but after they picked up our stuff it was a total nightmare that I am still dealing with. I had multiple stops for delivery in NY within 20 miles, one of them being Manhattan. 2 weeks after the pick-up, multiple agents, drivers and dispatch contacted me on the same day within hours of each other, including Safeway, with different delivery dates and times. It took almost a day to get clarity on the final (or so I thought was final) delivery date and time as none of them knew what was going on. I was already nervous at this point. To start with it was barely a 24 hour notice of the delivery date & time. It was close to 8pm the day before when I got the last call about the delivery. I was told my stuff would arrive at the first location between 11am and 1pm. I had repeatedly reminded every single person I talked to well before and after my items were picked up about the time restrictions at the 2nd location and each time the agents reassured me that wouldn't be a problem as they have done plenty of delivers in Manhattan and are aware of these types of restrictions. The next day (delivery day), I got a call from the actual driver around 12:40pm with ETA at 1st location of 4:30pm. I explained to him that is not the window I was given and that we won't be allowed at the 2nd location for delivery past 5pm. The driver was honest and said he had no idea about the time restrictions and that he would’ve planned for my delivery first that day had he known. I called the agent who called at 8pm the day before and said this is what is happening, he said he will talk to the driver and call me back. Neither the driver nor the agent called me back. I called them both back and no response. I then called every single number that had contacted me the day before, including safeway, and no one picked up. Finally the driver called back 2 hours later and said he now won't make it till 6pm due to traffic. This was not ideal but I said ok let me see if I can make this work. I made arrangements with the Manhattan location to allow us to unload my stuff until 7pm and luckily they agreed. Around 5:00pm I called the driver again and no response. I left a message and asked to go to Manhattan first as we had only till 7pm to move-in. I asked for an ETA which again took some time to get a response back and he responded saying he was still 1.5 hours away. This clearly would’ve been past the 7pm limit. I asked to speak to the manager and the manager started off yelling and continued to be completely rude necessarily and basically said I can take the delivery today at whatever time they get there or forget about getting my stuff. I was literally shaking from that phone call and told the driver to deliver the stuff at the 1st location in the fear of not getting my stuff back at all. They finally arrived at 7:30pm and finished unloading at 9:30pm. I had to hire a second moving company to move my stuff to Manhattan. I was contacting safeway (it was a Friday) and got no response. I called again on Monday (left a vm) and again no response. On Tuesday I called again and finally got a hold of an agent, explained the situation and he simply offered an apology and blamed me for choosing a cheap company to move (which I don't know who thinks 6K is anywhere near cheap). This wasn't the end of it all, when I opened the boxes rats had eaten up bunch of my stuff and every box had rat poo all over. So DISGUSTING! Don't hire this company, they are unprofessional, their movers are totally rude and none of them take any responsibility of their actions or lack of.

Tracy Darbeloff Watertown, MA

We have found this company incredibly frustrating to work with. Our original rep (Frank) was actually really nice and easy to work with. However, that is where the good times end. They originally said they would give us 72 hours notice for picking up our stuff--they gave us less than 18 hours. Then they showed up almost 8 hours late. And we think a few things were stolen--which we reported to safeway immediately. I understand this is the contractors and not safeway (technically) but it is on safeway to ensure their contractors are reliable and trustworthy. After reaching out to safeway numerous times, we found their customer service to be condescending and downright unhelpful. To add injury to insult, they must be wayyyy under quoting people to attract customers because despite insanely detailed inventory lists (which were almost identical to what the movers picked up, give or take a single chair), its costing us $1000+ more than original quotes. And they keep adding on charges. I am furious with this experience, with how much it is costing us, with how unhelpful safeway has been, and with how stressed I am that our stuff will ever even reach us. FIND A BETTER COMPANY.

Jermaine W Lakeland, FL

I have nothing but gratitude for the great service that was provided for myself and my mother. My mother was very particular in how things should be handled and Safeway exceeded my expectations. This is truly a one stop shop for all your moving needs . Of course I would highly recommend Safeway for ALL of your moving needs.

Louis New York, NY

The crew was very careful boxing up my stuff and did a great job keeping everything safe during the move. They took furniture apart with care and were able to put everything back together. Great customer service as well. I moved from NY to Texas and had a great experience with this company. Highly recommend

Nicole Hidalgo ,

I had an amazing experience with them from start to finish they took safety precautions they was very detailed with pricing and took care of all my belongings as if it was their own. I would definitely recommend to all friends and family and thank you for making my moving experience such a pleasure.

Vic potter Pompano Beach, FL

I had a great experience with this moving company. the crew was on time. I paid for a full pack job for my two-bedroom one-bath home in New York. I was shocked there were no damages everything was packed and handled professionally. The truck pulled up on time as scheduled in Florida. good communication through the entire move which made for a nice transition. Im in my 70's and needed a company that could take care of everything and that's why I would recommend this company highly.

Autumn Leigh Fort Lauderdale, FL

I had a great experience with this moving company. Prices were mare then reasonable. Everyone was very helpful and efficient when I called into the office, someone was always answering my questions and were very informative throughout our move! Crew was clean and truck was packed professionally. I would highly recommend this company to anyone that is moving across country.

AT New Tazewell, TN

We booked March 4, 2021 for April 1, 2021 pickup in PA with a binding estimate of $4600, and paid the $1800 deposit; first available delivery scheduled for April 3. We were told it could take 2-5 days for our stuff to reach us in TN. Contract clearly states 14 day avg. for that distance, so we prepared for that length of time. On March 29, the new estimate was $5808; we could not cancel without losing our $1800 deposit, so we went ahead. On the pickup day, once all our stuff was on the truck, we’re told it would be $6389 based on volume. After we arrived in TN on April 2, we waited a week and didn't hear anything. We called and asked for an updated delivery estimate and were told to expect a call back in 90 minutes. Never came. We called the next day, were told the same, and a call never came. We waited one day, then called again. No call back. I called again the next day and insisted I receive a call back, and was told I'd receive, at the very least, an email. I never received the email, and I checked all of my folders. This email supposedly sent April 12. On Wednesday, we hadn't received a call to let us know our stuff would be delivered within 24 hours, so I called again to ask where our stuff was. Was told I'd get a callback. Never happened. On Friday, April 16, I called again. I forcefully explained that I needed a guaranteed delivery date NOW or I'd recall the payments until I had one. I apologized for my frustration to the representative because it was not her fault, but explained that I was done being given the run-around since we'd paid over $6k for this move. She said she understood and I'd get a call back. Within 30 minutes we were told it would be that Saturday or Sunday (4/17-18). Our stuff made it 4/18, and was badly damaged. Legs were broken off an $800 club chair, 3 of 4 dining chairs, and a secretariat. I clearly labeled boxes with fragile items as “Fragile,” but items wrapped in four layers of bubble wrap and cushioned with multiple items of clothing are utterly shattered and crushed. We paid $2k in cash for the delivery and asked for a receipt. The deliverers gave me the completed contract and the form upon which I report damages. The contract completion form just lists the remaining balance to be paid upon delivery, it doesn't actually state that it's been paid. The only way to know it's been paid is the "delivery complete" signature, and this was not sufficient for the reimbursement. So we called Safeway on Monday 4/19 and asked for a receipt that showed all $6389 had been paid. We were told the "request has been submitted" and the receipt would be sent when it was ready. On 4/21 we learned there would be no reimbursement unless the receipt was submitted by end of business 4/22. So I called Safeway again. My call was answered by someone who did not provide their name. As I explained that we'd asked for this receipt twice and had yet to receive it, and we needed it ASAP, the representative proceeded to talk over me and tell me that I couldn't just ask for a receipt same-day. He told me I had to wait for the receipt for $2k in cash until the driver returned to the warehouse, from CA to NYC. I told him this was ridiculous, we'd clearly paid since the stuff was delivered, and we needed SOMETHING, anything, that had the moving company's name and the full price of the move paid. The guy just talked over me slowly and loudly, explaining how moving works. I became irritated that he would not listen to me, did not seem to understand what I was asking for, and refused to hear my request. I started yelling over him, hoping he'd shut up and listen. He started yelling at me, called me rude, and scolded me for my tone and literally said "watch your language." I told him I would not, he was not listening to me, and he needed to be quiet and let me speak. I asked if the driver could submit pictures of whatever receipt he had that he didn't give us that proved we paid $2k in cash. The guy yelled that it was official paperwork, it had to be PDFs. I offered the names of free apps that allow people to use their smartphones to make PDFs with their cameras. He shouted "you think we know about those?!" I asked to speak to his manager and he said "I AM THE MANAGER THATS WHY I'M TALKING TO YOU LIKE THIS." His behavior was disgustingly condescending and thoroughly unhelpful. I have never experienced a customer service representative so uninterested in helping customers, especially one that had already been badly treated. The "military precision" they promise is a lie. They get 1 star for getting from point A to point B, which is the very least they could actually do. There’s thousands of dollars of damage to our belongings, and even though I followed all packing guidelines and heavily cushioned valuable items, they were clearly mishandled or manhandled.

Adam W Marina del Rey, CA

If you're going to read any of these reviews for this company (most positive ones are obviously fake), let it be this one: IF YOU HIRE SAFEWAY, YOU ARE GAMBLING WITH YOUR LIFE'S BELONGINGS. I am a real customer (Move #5906691) and I want to make something very clear for anyone considering working with this "company". They are simply middle-men between you and actual movers. This means that when/if you hire them, this is what you're signing up for: 1. You will not know WHO will be moving your possessions until 24-48 hours before your move date when Safeway actually finds someone. Hell, you won't even know WHEN exactly they will show up to move your items and when exactly you can expect them back! 2. This means you will have no time or chance to set up insurance for your items, which is desperately needed since Safeway graciously only covers 60 cents per pound and ONLY on items you have not packed yourself - so if your flatscreen TV breaks, you'll be lucky to receive a whopping $10 of compensation. 3. This also means that you will have no idea of the reputation of the movers who will actually end up coming into your home, loading your belongings, and delivering them to you. TAKE HEED OF THE HORROR STORIES YOU WILL READ, they are very real possibilities when Safeway hires the lowest bidder for your move at the last minute. In my own experience, Safeway made me the following promises which were LIES and happily took my deposit and then ignored my calls as the move date came closer and I desperately needed answers: LIE: They have a partnership with Baker's International who would be happy to insure my items since their own insurance would cover pennies on the dollar. TRUTH: When I reached out to Baker's to set this up, they confirmed that they no longer had any relationship with Safeway. The only way I'd be able to set up insurance for my items was to scramble and do so through whatever company Safeway then decided to hire hours before my actual move date. LIE: They would provide me confirmation of the exact move date and movers they hired no later than 72 hours before my actual move. TRUTH: As mentioned above, starting around the 72 hour mark, my rep, Lisa, went radio-silent as I scrambled to figure out what to do for my cross-country move. LIE: I could update my inventory list at any time during the process, and the price would be adjusted accordingly, even up to the day of the move itself. TRUTH: When I finally got a hold of a rep through their 1-844 number and called to downsize my move since I could not insure my most treasured items, they made up a "minimum" cost threshold which would cost me the same amount as my original quote for a 1 bedroom apartment ($4,500), but with 1/3 of the items. NOWHERE IS THIS STATED IN THEIR BINDING ESTIMATE CONTRACT. NET-NET: You are rolling the dice working with this company and you do not know what you're going to get when it comes to your life's possessions. Worst of all, there is practically zero recourse if/when whatever random moving/logistic companies Safeway pawns your move off to damages or loses your property nor do they give you any time to even attempt to protect yourself.

Pratik King of Prussia, PA

On 2/12/2021 I signed a contract with Safeway Moving Systems LLC and paid 40% advance for my move scheduled for Florida to Pennsylvania. My stuff got picked up from Florida on 2/18/21. The first date of delivery  was 2/22. As of today, 4/12, 50 days later, I have not received my stuff (bed, mattress, cooking utensils, furniture, wardrobe items.......) and have no news of where it is. I have called the customer service regularly, emailed them regularly. The sales guys say talk to Dispatch Manager. The dispatch manager -Jeremy is either unavailable or on another call or sick. They say I will receive a call back but I never do. I have paid 82% of the total quote (40% upfront and 70% of the remaining amount on pick) so far. But, after 50 days of pickup, I still don't have my stuff or any idea of when it's going to be delivered. As I see it, this company took my items, took my money and delivered noting. I don't have any idea if all my house items are lost  or when they will get to me, I also have no assurance on reimbursement etc. As of today, the customer service today told me they have no update and I should receive a call back which, as usual, I didn't receive. Additionally, in these 50 days, they also made a wrong delivery of someone else's stuff to me which they had to then take back. Just imagine paying a handsome amount to move your stuff and then not having it for 50 days and no insight on when you will receive your stuff! I am hoping to see if there is any customer service representative or external organization who can help me escalate this to the right authorities so I can get my items back. Very disappointed and distressed by this event, basically uprooted my entire household.

Tim Dornford Miami, FL

Great company! Affordable, reliable and got everything to me in 1 piece!

Andres New York, NY

Great group of guys and girls all working with our information put a moving package together for us that worked exactly off our timeline and went well above our expectations. They kept us informed and were very flexible with pricing and packing options. They were also available to talk after hours since I do work late. Great work by a great company! Highly recommended!!

Jacques Boonton, NJ

We couldn't be happier with our movers! Mason and his team were fantastic. They were early and they were amazing. They were friendly and helpful. They handled our stuff with care and they worked fast. Moving day was so pleasant and relaxing! If you are in the tri-state area, hire Safeway Moving System company and ask for James and Michael, they will take care of you.

Ethan Alexander Lynnwood, WA

They were so fast, courteous and professional! These guys were super nice and helped us pack up some things we didn't have time to do, and not a single thing was broken when we moved everything to our new place. They didn't charge us for the plastic wrap for furniture, use of moving blankets, or even that the house they were unloading was 3 stories tall. Thanks, guys! Will hire you guys again!

Emmie Noel Pompano Beach, FL

I reserved my move with Safeway for my move from California to Florida recently and they were super accommodating to all of our family's needs. They are professional, movers wore masked and they took exceptional care of my items. Also my Relocation expert Will R was so knowledgeable and patient, i never moved that distance so i had NO idea what to do but he took his time to provide an accurate quote and answered every question i had no matter how many times i emailed him. Overall i had a great experience with Safeway and would definitely recommend to others and use again for my moves in the future!! Thanks Safeway!!

Sweta Sharma Austin, TX

BIG WARNING!!! Don't get fooled by SafeWay Moving Systems. Our experience with them has been a nightmare. They repeatedly change their words, they haven't delivered our belongings and it's already been a month even though they promised 14 days. We had to spend thousand of dollars in hotel in the middle of Covid when expecting a child because of how terrible SafeWay Moving System and their service is. I highly recommend people DON'T USE THEIR SERVICE.

Doug Ford Miami Beach, FL

THE WORST! DO NOT USE! TOTAL SCAM! Rude staff, broken glass, stolen items, hidden fees and drunk, unsafe movers! I have never had a worst experience with any business in my entire life, then I have with Safeway Moving System. From the moment I moved, through the delivery and well after it has been nothing but problems. They overcharge for a move and then hire the cheapest third party movers. Joe W. the customer service representative completely messed up the consultation and lied. He said it would be $3,575 which is extremely high for a one bedroom move. The movers showed up on the wrong day, they were rude, unprofessional and DRUNK. Yes, drunk! One of the movers reeked of alcohol and was stumbling everywhere. It was so bad, the lead mover had to yell at him. They were screaming and cursing in my apartment hallway to the point that my neighbor called the front desk to complain. No masks were happening either! In California this is illegal and unsafe given the pandemic. I made a comment, and they sighed and grunted and said they don't have any masks. I felt so unsafe I had to vacate the apartment. The one mover wiped his sweat with my bath towels and threw it on the ground. Then they said it would cost an extra $600 cash for a glass table they were never told about. I was never told there would be an extra fee. Very suspicious. They left the place trashed and ruined. So bad, the landlord billed me $600 for marks and damages on the floor and walls they made. Then they said it would deliver in 4-6 weeks and it came in 8 weeks. I called multiple times and they had no idea where the delivery was or how long it would take to deliver. When they finally arrived they told me the day of it would be $500 to shuttle the delivery. I was told specifically by Joe W. I wouldn't need to pay any additional fees especially a shuttle fee. I live in a new open neighborhood with no neighbors. Plenty of space for the truck to park. I was quoted at $3,575 and now had to pay well over $4,300 I did not budget for or agree to. After the delivery we noticed our large $1200 restoration hardware mirror was broken. Glass everywhere! It was conveniently placed in the back behind all other furniture with their $60 moving blanket left to cover it. They purposefully tried to hide it instead of admitting they broke it. Extremely unsafe! Then we realized our $7,000 restoration hardware couch was scratched, stained and damaged. A $1,200 brand new Samsung TV was cracked and destroyed, and ANOTHER $800 photography painting had broken glass everywhere. Who knows what else is missing and destroyed in the boxes. This isn't even including the $800 glass table I paid $500 for and had to leave behind. I called their customer service number MULTIPLE TIMES trying to speak with someone and always was transferred, ignored or told to call back. I then spoke to a manager who was the RUDEST and most UNPROFESSIONAL person I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. He was aggressive and confrontational on the phone. He said it's not their responsibility and all I can do is file a claim. I said this is ridiculous, half the property is destroyed, your movers exposed us to covid and injured us. There's broken glass everywhere. No apology was given, rather he hung up the phone and said "GOOD LUCK". They never even sent the claim. Whatever you do, DO NOT USE SAFEWAY MOVING SYSTEM!

Sarah McCoy Virginia Beach, VA

Buyer beware, poor SF, CA > Virginia This company is the pits, I wish I’d done more research because they are not transparent but then act like their service is stellar. I should have known it would be bad when they assured me repeatedly that they’d give me 48 hours notice for the pickup, of which they give you a 3-day window, only to call me at 3:30 pm Saturday - literally the DAY BEFORE picking up my stuff. So they didn’t even give me 24-hour notice. Then, you’ll see that they rushed the pickup only to let my stuff sit in San Francisco for 4 weeks! They contract the people who actually come and pick up your stuff. Those guys were fine for the pickup in San Francisco. But I’m honestly terrified after reading these reviews of what it’s going to be like for my delivery. Which btw is another awful part of their customer service (or lack thereof). You talk to a person at Safeway who goes over your list of items and briefly covers the process. They ask you a question about when the earliest day is that you could receive your delivery. But they fail to explain that whatever date you give them is actually 21 days AFTER when they will be delivering your stuff. Ok so they picked my stuff up on 1/24 and I told them I’d be in my house by the 31st thinking there’s no rush and since I’m moving across the country, I’ll give it cushion. Wrong, that only has delayed the delivery even more! So here we are and now it’s February 19th. I call to find out when my stuff will be here and it’s been FOUR WEEKS since they picked it up. My stuff hasn’t even left San Francisco! I’ve been in Virginia for 4 weeks without my belongings. Their customer service agent told me today that they have until 21 days from the time you say your earliest available time to receive your delivery is to even SCHEDULE THE DELIVERY! Can you believe this pile of turd BS? So on Monday I’m supposed to find out when I’ll get my stuff I guess? I don’t trust a word that comes out if these people’s mouths. And if they EVEN try to pull some stuff with me about living on a country road and needing to change trucks I will lose my mind on them. I will update my review following the delivery. At this point I’m not sure how my opinion could be changed and what’s even worse is I recommended them to my manager who is also moving across the country and had issues with their quote being off by a large amount. Mine also ended up being about $2k over the initial quote. Lesson learned: sell your stuff, just get rid of it - you’ll be hating everything you own and thought you couldn’t live without if your move goes like this one and if you only need keepsakes and heirlooms I still say find something solid - doubt it’s this company. Finally, pretty sure all of the 5 star reviews are fake and oddly all moves to and from NJ... or “military family” - I call BS.

James Centreville, VA

I got an excellent service from Safeway moving. Salesperson was nice quoted us fair price. They packed our items carefully and arrived to our destination safely. Everything was excellent thank you.

Clint Union City, CA

These guys finished a ten-hour job before us, and worked really hard and really efficiently until almost 11 o'clock at night. They all had positive attitudes and they are great workers! I would recommend them to help your move any day!

Lonzo Los Angeles, CA

They were very professional and extremely quick while being careful not to damage our stuff. They had to take apart and re-assemble a platform bed which they did very well. Nothing was scratched or damaged. They had us out of our old place and into our new one before noon! From now on-wards, I will only use Safeway Moving Company for my moves.

Ryan Clearwater, FL

They arrived on time, everything was packed with care, they took the time they estimated, it arrived to my destination on time, and I paid exactly the quote I was given. I would definitely recommend Safeway Moving System if you wanna devoid yourself of the moving headache.

Felton Philadelphia, PA

For the day of move, I worked with John and his team. From the get go, I was highly impressed by how fast yet careful and efficient they were in moving our things. It was a memorable moving experience for me. Highly recommended.

Everardo Portage, MI

William and his team are super professional and offer stellar service! They responded with a reasonable quote very quickly and were flexible with my schedule for pick-up and delivery. I will definitely suggest everyone to work with Safeway Moving System company!

Janet Plainfield, NJ

This company is the most legit company I have ever worked with. So fast and very professional. All of my belongings were packed perfectly. Nothing was broken scratched etc. THEY ARE THE BEST! I can’t recommend this moving company and movers enough!