Safeway Moving System Logo

Safeway Moving System

7.1

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2022

Veteran owned and based in Chicago, Safeway Moving System offers local, long-distance, and international moving services as well as storage options. The company specializes in providing moving services for large homes and condos and provides its customers with a flat rate price, or hourly rate, for their moves with a promise of no extra charges or hidden fees. Safeway Moving System is granted full operating authority by the U.S. and Canadian governments, which means that they are authorized to provide services in all states and provinces. With over 100 trucks in its network, Safeway Moving System is able to find you the best solution for an affordable price.

In addition to its traditional moving services, Safeway Moving offers monthly storage for personal and commercial valuables. The company prides itself on being an industry leader in international relocation, moving, storage, and freight forwarding services.

The Good

• Positive Customer Reviews
  • Free Moving Quotes
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Storage Solutions
  • International Reach
  • Works with Condo Associations

Positive Customer Reviews

Safeway Moving System has many positive online reviews. Reviewers are often observed sharing their positive view of the company’s no hidden fee policy. Many said they were satisfied with the company’s transparent pricing and that they were charged the amount they were quoted for their move. Positive reviews also mentioned the professionalism and timeliness of the company’s movers.

Free Moving Quotes

When moving, it is always a good idea to get pricing quotes from several moving companies to see which would be the best fit for your move. Safeway Moving System provides free quotes via email or over the phone.

No Hidden Fees

Some moving companies provide quotes that are inaccurate, too low, or that do not mention fees or additional charges that a customer could potentially incur. Safeway Moving System promises its customers that it does not charge hidden fees or add on extra charge. The company quotes movers a flat rate price, or hourly rate, and do not charge for travel time back and forth between counties as some companies do.

Storage Solutions

Safeway Moving System offers its customers personal and commercial storage solutions, including to those moving internationally. Items are stored in wooden storage vaults equipped with anti-theft security alarm systems. Customers can start renting storage space anytime and are charged monthly with the first month’s rent being free as an introductory special. As a benefit, Safeway Moving System promises to match or beat its competitors storage pricing, so movers looking for storage should shop around to guarantee the lowest price.

International Reach

Because international moves can be more complicated and stressful, Safeway Moving System is committed to making the process run smoothly. The company has seventeen international licensees and relationships with more than 300 preferred global partners. While it seems Safeway specializes in moves within North America, it encourages customers to call their customer service reps for information on moves outside of the United States and Canada.

As a bonus, Safeway Moving System’s move coordinators can help guide customers through a variety of questions that may arise during an international move. The company can provide information on the destination country, climate, schools, and shipping regulations that can affect what movers are allowed to transport into the country.

Works with Condo Associations

Many condo associations require moving companies to verify licensing, insurance, and credentials to mitigate risk. It is common for most moving companies to carry the minimum insurance policy required by law which is $750,000. Safeway Moving System carries $1,000,000 dollar insurance policy and carries current licensing.

The Bad

• No Pricing Information Online
  • Inconsistent Online Reviews
  • Limited Services Compared to Competitors

No Pricing Information Online

Many moving companies will offer movers a way to obtain a moving quote online. This is convenient and makes comparing several moving companies’ quotes quick and easy. Safeway Moving System does not provide any pricing information on its website, and movers must call or email the company directly for a quote.

Inconsistent Online Reviews

While many of the company’s online reviews were glowing, there did appear to be some inconsistency. Many Safeway Moving System’s reviews give the company a glowing five stars, but there are also many rock-bottom one-star reviews accusing the company of paying for positive reviews online. Negative reviewers often mention that they were charged hidden fees after they were told there wouldn’t be any. Potential customers should carefully review quotes and ask what fees could potentially be charged.

Limited Services Compared to Competitors

Other moving services companies advertise a larger variety of services that can make a move easier and more convenient for customers such as cleaning services, move planners, and information specifically to assist with military moves. The company provides very limited information on car shipping; however, it does appear from some online reviews that customers were able to work with the company on shipping their vehicles.

The Bottom Line

Safeway Moving System has a decades-long history of providing moving services across all 50 states as well as internationally. This full service coverage can be very helpful for those moving long distances. The company’s storage service also provides customers with a convenient solution to storage needs when they arrive at their destination; no finding and arranging delivery to a separate storage facility. We are impressed by Safeway’s promise of flat rate moving quotes with no hidden fees, as well as its price match or beat guarantee for their storage services.

Accusations of fraudulent glowing, five-star reviews give us pause, and we encourage you to research a number of local long-distance movers, full-service movers, and relocation companies near you before making a final decision to ensure that the fees, offers, and services are the best fit for you.

Message from
Safeway Moving System

Safeway moving is a company that focuses on quality.

4.1

bookmark

Featured Review

Jeff Henry Mahopac, NY

This is by far the most hassle free and convenient moving company experience I've ever had. The staff was helpful with all my needs and requests concerning the move as well as friendly and easy to talk to. Recommended to all.

Alexander Larry Silver Spring, MD

David and team were efficient, careful, and punctual. all items handled with utmost care. At this point, I don't even look at other moving companies. I just pick up the phone and book with Safeway Moving System. They make moving easy.

George Julian Thibodaux, LA

I've used Safeway Moving System twice now- once within KS and from KS to GA. I will highly suggest hiring these guys! They are thorough, professional, and always very friendly. The price they quote is very fair and reasonable.

John Cannon Ramsey, NJ

This was my first move with Safeway Moving System and it have gone better! Jackson and Henry were awesome- very professional and respectful. They came in, did a walkthrough, and started packing my things quickly and carefully. THANK YOU!

Joshua Lincoln Austin, TX

Henry and David were amazing! They were professional, hardworking, and gentlemen. Our move was wonderful due to their expertise. No issues, everything went very smoothly. Would use them again!!

William John Aiken, SC

Henry my driver, and his team did a lovely job. My move was across the country, and my delivery was exactly as he said it would be. All of my things arrived in amazing condition. I could not have been more satisfied with my move. If I move again, it will be with Safeway Moving System.

Jeffrey Aiden Little Rock, AR

These three guys we're decidedly the most professional, efficient, diligent, and delightful movers I have ever hired. I will be moving from my storage unit to my new apartment soon, and I will be calling them back for that task. I am so grateful I can look forward to that experience!

Winston Henry Blue Springs, MO

James and Michael were very professional and made our move much less stressful. Each person addressed me by my first name and was very polite. They worked quickly and were very respectful with questions. I highly recommend them.

Henry Ethan Fresno, CA

The movers were punctual, courteous, wore masks, wrapped the furniture well and got to the destination before me. Then they carefully unloaded and asked me where I wanted furniture placed in the new location. All in all, great value for excellent service. Highly recommended.

Abram Maxwell Portland, OR

I loved my movers. They were so quick and experienced. They took excellent care of my furniture and wrapped my things. Recommended if you want good/fast movers who will care for your stuff. Thanks!

Raymond Oliver Houston, TX

I moved from CA to SC and the service provided by Safeway Moving System was amazing. A very professional and courteous crew that arrived on time did my packing and unpacking. I highly recommend them!

James Brown Portage, IN

I was discouraged about my move, but these guys were punctual and got everything wrapped up securely and carefully moved into the truck, then transported to my new house. I'm happy I went through Safeway Moving System. Highly recommended!

Thomas Logan Chester, PA

Moving can be a stressful experience, but David and Alexander took away all the worrying. Altogether, we plan to use Safeway Moving System for our next move and refer them to our family and friends. If you want HIGH-QUALITY Movers, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND them for your next move!!

John David Schertz, TX

The movers at Safeway Moving System were fantastic. They are super professional, polite, quick, considerate of our things, and took great care of our oversized items such as the sectional couch, high-top table, and bedframe. They exceeded my expectations, and 5/5 would be highly recommended. Thank you, & Safeway Moving System team!

Joseph Cameron Bedford, NH

You should 100% choose them for your move! They surpassed my high expectations, packing and moving our furniture in driving rain and with great care for our antiques and fragile items. I retained Safeway Moving System after getting quotes from about five movers, and Safeway Moving System provided a fair price quote.

Jeffrey Lewis San Francisco, CA

Excellent communication and service with all contacts. Easy to schedule. Our storage and move went very well. Couldn't have asked for an easier move. Indeed recommended without any confusion!

Alfred Joseph Arkadelphia, AR

James responsiveness via text in the days leading up to the move to the fantastic job that James and team performed. You won't regret working with this crew, so if you're able to, make sure to request them!

Mark Andrew Monterey Park, CA

Cameron and his guys were very friendly. They wrapped up all of my belongings with care and professionalism. And the best part is, they took apart my bed and assembled it at my destination, which can be a nightmare for a person who isn't very handy. Would recommend it to anybody out there making a move!

Richard Banks New York, NY

Grayson and his associate helped us move our one-bedroom (ground floor) to a two-bedroom (on the third floor). The whole experience, from contacting for a quote. Overall, we enjoyed working with Safeway Moving System and would recommend them to our friends who are looking for movers.

John Spencer Colorado Springs, CO

Safeway Moving System are great. When they showed up, they were a massive help. Handling everything cautiously and making short work of our move. I will hopefully NOT be moving again soon; however, I know who I am calling if I am.

Michael Jackson Lomita, CA

I decided to call the day before my move and got the best service ever. William. was beneficial, and the delivery guys were awesome and super friendly and knew what they were doing. It saved me a headache and a huge argument I would have had with my spouse. You will not be disappointed! Please use these guys.

Chris Kristi Danbury, CT

They've taken great care of my stuff, including many antiques, books, and hefty card catalogs! I won't use any other company to move- the movers are friendly and always hustle, the price is very reasonable, and Max always calls me back promptly.

Patrick Freeman Warner Robins, GA

If you want a worry-free move, then call Safeway Moving System, the very best company for moving. Safeway Moving System relocated our household goods from CA to FL. The move was a worry-free move because everything was in the hands of a professional, experienced team of movers who were highly skilled, well trained, with very positive attitudes and strong work ethics.

David Julian Dallas, TX

Ethan and his partner were on time, masked, and ready to get to work. They were efficient and moved my stuff quickly and carefully!

William Hudson Graniteville, SC

They arrived early, explained everything to us, and we were very much in communication throughout the entire move. So worth their rate and every dollar.

Annie Gilbert Gomez FNP-C Los Angeles, CA

This company is a complete scam. We were given a quote, paid a deposit, and then when the movers showed up, they suddenly added to the price. Not a little...the price went from $5900 to $8700! Then, we decided to cancel them, and they literally refused to leave the home. They initially said it was a per pound/mile move, and then the changed it to cubic feet when they arrived. We had to call the police to get them to leave, and as soon as they realized the police were coming, they hightailed it out of there! Turns out their DOT is not valid for moving household goods, and they also refused to show us their ID. SKETCHY!

Christopher Smith Sebastian, FL

Alexander and Michael were fantastic! I can’t recommend them enough! They showed up punctually and were very friendly and professional. They were also swift and could pack my entire house in just a couple of hours.

Arthur Novick

Wow, these guys were great, especially Jeffrey! They did a great job moving all my stuff from my one bedroom. They shrink-wrapped my things and were friendly and fast. Will definitely use their service again.

Gabriel Jayden New York, NY

Anthony has been amazing to work with from the start of our chaotic move to the end. I can’t even imagine how I would have gotten this all done alone! Extremely blessed to have you over our move!

Lawrence Travis Naples, FL

Daniel and his crew showed up on time, were efficient and friendly, and took the time to make sure our stuff was all wrapped up safely and securely. We had a lot of things, and they were done in a little over four-hours! Can't say enough, we were satisfied and pleased with the service we got. Recommend these guys!

Damian Parker Ashburn, VA

On the day of the move, Jaxson and Adam did an excellent job. I moved from the ground floor of my old apartment to the third floor of my new apartment. They are so professional, polite and very caring about your personal belongings. I am happy to use them. I highly recommend using them!

Ernest Clark San Diego, CA

The Crew arrived on time and fastly and successfully loaded up vans. On arrival at the new house, packing containers and furniture were adequately and speedy unpacked without harm or breakages. Good job all round down. I am so satisfied with working with these men and would advise them to others too.

Andrew Thomas Hartselle, AL

I spoke to a few different moving companies and all of their pricing was about the same. From the first conversation I had with Safeway Moving System I knew they were my company. They delivered exactly what was promised, top notch customer service and a fast efficient move. These are your guys.

Robert Sandoval Dallas, TX

The team was wonderful and very respectful. I enjoyed working with them and hope to have them back for my new move to my new house. They listened to my directions and were very careful with my furniture. Looking forward to working with them in the near future!

Loren Johnson New York, NY

Great company to work with. Accessible to schedule, pricing super transparent and fair. They were great this past weekend. Very professional, and they got everything packed up/unloaded pretty quickly. They were great and followed our instructions perfectly.

Rubin Tower Buffalo Grove, IL

I hired Safeway Moving System for two different moves. First, move garage cabinets one day so my husband could install them before moving in. The next day the movers came to my house and moved all household items. I was happy with their professionalism, hard work and attention to detail. All furniture was moved and accounted for, nothing broken and no walls damaged in either house. Thank you to the hardworking crew! I was utterly impressed and so thankful.

Jonathan Stephen Bowling Green, KY

The movers were excellent; in two-hours, the job was done. I would use Safeway Moving System again and advise family and friends to use them.

Elias Brian Chicago, IL

Jameson and David did a good job packing our home. They were friendly and professional. Surely recommended Safeway Moving System!

Timothy Brill Verplanck, NY

I used Safeway Moving System first time . They were on time and kept updated the whole day, and Jackson and his co-worker were polite and helpful. I would hire them again.

Charles Thomas Tampa, FL

They booked us at the very last minute. Assembled and de-assembled our furniture like a pro. Thank you so much, Max, for helping us at a crucial time.

Jennifer Sanchez Albuquerque, NM

Safeway sold us on being a veteran owned company, we are retired military. We were told them would give us white glove service and that they would complete the move and not broker it out. A couple of days before pick up we requested a facetime inventory to ensure the quote was on target. They told us there was no reason to do so and that they don't normally do that (not what we were told). The next day, we were told that the job had been brokered out but not to worry that they worked with GM Vanlines and they were their best movers. GM Vanlines showed up with a Ryder like truck. We were them told our belongings were being moved to storage in Ft Lauderdale until a truck was available. Once everything was loaded we were told the cost would be 4k more (this is after we added 2k more 2 days earlier during the non facetime inventory call). Upon delivery, the movers tried to charge us $75 each time they went up or down the stairs, they damaged our floors, we have about 20k in replacement costs for extensive damages including water and items delivered upside down, broken. We were charged for moving supplies that were not used. Told we packaged items that we did not-all 3 tvs are shattered and they packaged them them. They asked us to take them off the walls to allow them to package, which we did. They wrapped them in movers tarps (at least that is how they were delivered). All 3 shattered and they had the nerve to say they had no proof they worked when they picked them up. Basically all the items they packaged were damaged, Safeway had originally been acting helpful to resolve the issue. We were told that they fired the sales rep for misleading us about their services. They recorded all damages and said they would help resolve. Months later they will not return calls, they are rude and unprofessional. GM Vanlines offered $400 for all damages and have accepted no responsibility. I would not suggest using either company.

Austin Michael Queens, NY

From my perspective, this move went as planned and Coordinated by Cameron, and it could not have gone smoother. All those involved from Safeway Moving System understood the plan and work.

Nathan Mosley

Professional guys! Great service! They showed up as decided and were pleasant and friendly. They quickly loaded my large items, and each item was wrapped and handled with care. They arrived at the scheduled destination promptly and unloaded just as soon as they loaded. I look forward to using them again.

Henry Frazier Jacksonville, FL

These guys were terrific. On-time and respectful. They wrapped my futon frames before loading them on the truck! They placed things in my new apartment where I wanted them. I have their business cards on my refrigerator door. I was so happy. Thank you, gentlemen!!

Joshua Vargas

I am satisfied with the job that John and Morgan did with my move. They protected my floors, handled my belongings with care, and treated my family and me respectfully. They even took away the empty boxes that we had unpacked while they were unloading. I would recommend them to anyone and hope they’re around for my next move!

Raymond Hogan Lawrence, MA

The crew that packed up our home did a great job and Richard and Meade was amazing delivering all our items to our new house. We have done several relocations in the past nine years, but this was one of the most straightforward and efficient.

Jeffrey Troy Evanston, WY

I have moved a lot, and never did I ever experience such a professional and knowledge-filled company. I am so thrilled, and I must admit that nothing is ever as good as what true colors you all showed when you moved my family and me. We are settling, and we can see that nothing was still damaged or scratched, and nothing was missing. We will recommend you all to everyone. Thank you, Safeway Moving System.

Samuel David Redmond, WA

Henry and Jackson were very professional and courteous. They unpacked carefully and cleaned the packing. I was very pleased!

Kameron Mathew Providence, RI

Very professional, efficient, and friendly. A highly effective process that is pain-free. I highly recommend using Safeway Moving System.

Andrew Jackson Pittsburgh, PA

They handled my furniture carefully and worked efficiently. It made me move faster and less stressful for my family and me. Nothing was left for breakage. 5 stars!