Moving APT was founded in 1999 with a team of five men and two trucks. Since then, Moving APT's service has expanded dramatically and now it acts as a brokering service across the continental United States. Whether you are moving out of a home, apartment, condominium, etc, APT movers are there to help you. Although primarily known as an interstate moving service, Moving APT services nationwide moving with great care, professional training, and quality service with the hope of providing a stress free experience for each customer. It is important to note that Moving APT is not a moving company itself; it is a brokerage company that hires out other moving companies to complete contracted moves.

#1 International Van Lines chevron_right
4.9
#3 Dedicated Van Lines chevron_right

The Good

• Packing Services
  • Residential Moving
  • Corporate Relocation

Packing Services

One of the most stressful parts of moving is the packing process. If you are anxious about packing and would appreciate making your move a bit more stress free, you can hire professional movers to come and pack your things for you. Not only will these hard working individuals pack your belongings for you, but they will bring all of the packing materials that you will need.

For those that want to save money, you can forgo the professional packing service and still rely on Moving APT to provide you with packing materials. This will most likely take more time, but it will save you money in the long run.

Residential Moving

Moving APT can put you into contact with a local mover who will provide you with packing materials such as boxes, bubble wrap, etc. as well as helpful and friendly movers who will come and load your personal belongings, furniture, and other items into a moving truck. Moving services will vary due to the use of a number of third party movers, but quality and customer satisfaction are the most important concerns of Moving APT.

Corporate Relocation

If you have ever moved your entire company before, you know that it can be a difficult and time-consuming process. The electronics and furniture used by your staff every day needed to be moved with great care to ensure optimum functionality and Moving APT is one of the few carriers in the United States that can offer nationwide moving services for you and your company. Moving APT guarantees a competitive rate as added incentive to use its services when taking part in a corporate move.

The Bad

• Not a Moving Company
  • Third-Party Movers
  • Pricing Discrepancies

Not a Moving Company

Though Moving APT started out as a moving company, it has since transitioned into a brokerage company that hires out a local mover to come and help you move. Some Moving APT reviews found online included complaints of theft, damage to furniture or personal belongings, and poor customer service. Moving APT does what it can to help in these circumstances, but resorts to the contract that has been made by the local mover to move the customer and their things. Moving APT does not take responsibility since it is simply a brokerage company that sets up each move between the customer and the local mover.

Third-Party Movers

One of the greatest weaknesses of Moving APT is the exclusive use of third-party movers. Every contracted job is done through one of these third parties putting all of the pressure of legal responsibilities, etc. on the local mover. If furniture or other items are lost or damaged during the moving process, Moving APT will refer the customer to the local mover to address the concern. Many customers are unaware that a third party will be hired and struggle to contact them once given the information by Moving APT.

Pricing Discrepancies

There are a number of circumstances in which the price for the move that was given by the Moving APT representative has been significantly lower than the final price of the job. This price also differs from the online quote that can be attained on the company website.

The Bottom Line

Moving APT is not a moving company. That is something that you should know. Though it does not have hired teams to help customers with the moving process, it does hire local movers to get the job done. If you are looking for help finding a local mover, Moving APT can be of service to you. If you are looking for an actual moving company that will be with you through every step of the moving process, this may not be the company for you. We would recommend doing extensive research before entering a contract and paying a deposit with Moving APT. This could include asking what local companies it would consider hiring to do the job, a written contract with a final payment price, and/or other research on the local moving companies near you to ensure that you are receiving high-quality and professional moving services.

4.8

Paul Bell
October 15th, 2019 Rockville, MD

Every person I asked recommended one name- Moving Apt. They are well known to be honest and very experienced. I couldn’t refrain from hiring them! As I watched their men at work, I thought the same. They were very experienced and it showed when they had to carry my humongous couch out of our house through tricky doorways. All my valuable antic pieces were taken special care of and everything was wrapped neatly before being loaded onto the vans. The vans were in excellent condition and I could easily rely on them for the journey ahead. I received all my valuables right on scheduled date and everything was in proper condition. Nothing was broken or lost. I should mention here also that they charged me very reasonably and I was very happy with their services.

Radina
October 11th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

The subcontractor (Pioneer Moving) APT hired to do my job was an absolute scam and APT knew that. When my things were finally delivered (much later than promised) they had lost my table ($550), one wardrobe box full of personal things, and 2 medium size boxes. $3000+ value and a lot of personal memorabilia. No one has reached out to me. Before they take your deposit, they are going to be extremely nice to you. After they take your NONREFUNDABLE deposit, you become less than human to them. I had called with one request - that my furniture be delivered to my new city on or before September 27th as I was starting a new job the following Monday, September 30th. The rep I spoke with, Rachel J, made multiple assurances that I was going to receive my things between Wednesday and Friday of that week, but "worst case scenario" was September 30th. Based on her promises, I booked a flight to get there Wednesday morning. Turns out, Rachel (and later her colleague Ron) were heartless salespeople not caring in the least about my new job and most of what they said was untrue. In fact, Rachel's OWN MANAGER, Jia, said that most of what Rachel had promised me was illegal. When I told Jia that she is welcome to listen to my recorded conversations with Rachel, in which Rachel told me the exact opposite of what turned out to be the case, Jia laughed in my face and said, "you really think we record all of those?!" Same issues with the movers working for Pioneer, including Rocky, whom I tipped generously and whose colleague I donated $350+ worth of clothes and children's toys to (for his kids). Fast forward to that "worst case scenario" Friday -- I had not heard a word and no one would pick up their phones. Finally I got through to someone and it turned out that my things were STILL IN TEXAS! Imagine my horror as I was in an empty apartment with no work clothes on FRIDAY NIGHT TO START WORK MONDAY MORNING only to be laughed at when I asked if they are getting close and told that my stuff was in Texas and they don't know when it'll make it to New York. I had to spend hundreds of dollars on new stuff. I spent my first week of my new job sleeping on an air mattress. To add salt to the wound, apparently there were at least 10 things that I had to be charged for that were not mentioned upfront. Then, there I was, day after day, waiting. Leaving MY NEW JOB early or in the middle of the day to go wait for movers who never showed up. Finally (I think it was the 5th day they had said that "Today is the day!!!") they said they would be there at 9 AM. They finally showed up at 3 PM and were rude and awfully messy. The situation in the truck was simply inhumane. There were people sleeping on the floor. One of the guys told me that his friend John "picks him up" "every time he's in town." Imagine what happens if that guy hurts himself in your apartment. He doesn't work for either the broker or the subcontractor, so you are on the hook. This is the most disgusting, illegal operation I have ever seen in the United States.Of the boxes that did arrive, most were in pitiful condition. At least three of were bottomed out with half of the contents spilled and gone; others were obviously opened, rampaged through, and re-sealed; everything smelled terrible and was dusty. I spent the weekend washing and had to pay hundreds for professional cleaning of most of my clothes and linens, as well as my now ruined $6k couch. The day my things came, was so exhausted that I just wanted to sleep on a normal bed; only to start sneezing as soon as I touched the bed. I had explained to the agents that I had a TempurPedic mattress and Rachel promised a "free mattress cover" in addition to "all the general packing!" Guess how my mattress arrived. One sad plastic piece over it, entirely torn apart. So my mattress needed to be professionally cleaned. It took me a week to gather some energy because I fell physically sick from all the dirt and stress associated with the move.

Jacob
August 11th, 2019 Addison, TX DETAILS

This Company is the absolute worst. When they finally arrived to pick up my boxes, they ended up charging me double the price that I was quoted. Then, it took an entire month for my things to arrive. When I saw my things on the truck, each and every one of my boxes was damaged significantly, almost as if they’d been dropped from a three-story building. The movers wouldn’t move my things more than 75ft without me giving them an extra $150 cash. The movers themselves were rude and unprofessional. Throughout this process the customer service was horrible as they would leave me on hold for absurd amounts of time and promise to call me back, which never happened. I chose them because I was trying to save money on my move but, with the extra charges and the way they nickel and dime you, you end up paying much more than expected. If I could do it all again, I would rather carry my things on my back and walk from Massachusetts to Texas before I used Moving APT again. I truly believe it is the worst company of all time. I wouldn’t suggest it to anyone.

Wilbert Wilson
August 28th, 2018 The Bronx, NY

These guys are the best for long distance moves. They are very experienced, caring and very efficient. I needed to do a long distance move recently and I hired Moving apt because they had very good reviews and their sales rep assured me that I will get I want. For starters, I got the date I wanted and he sent a very good team to help me on the moving day. The moving team moved all my household items with care and did not damage a single thing. They were very effect, professional and skilled. All was fine in the end. There were no damages! I got a very good service from them. I will use them again and I will recommend them to all.

Jeffrey K.
August 28th, 2018 New Orleans, LA

Using moving apt was such a good idea! I had a great time with them! They moved me last month and we had a very polite and attentive relationship. They gave me everything I needed and gave me the move I wanted. They moved me in record time and did not damage a single thing! The moving guys quickly moved me out and moved me back in again there were no damages, no extra fees and nothing was missing at all! I had the best move ever! I will use this moving company again and I will recommend them to all.

Craig Walker
August 20th, 2018 Kalamazoo, MI

You will simply love Moving apt. They are very likable and efficient. They make your move so much easier! I hired them last month for my long distance move and it was a piece of cake for them. They did everything by the book and made no mistakes. I was moved within the given time and there were no damages at all. Their price did not change in the end and I paid exactly what I was quoted in the beginning. Every single person that I dealt with was efficiently, professional, caring and nice. I will use them again!

Mack Brigg
August 13th, 2018 Manassas, VA

Whenever my next move comes up, I will keep Moving Apt in mind. They moved me recently and my move was amazing. They were very nice from the beginning and very efficient too. They moved all my household items with great care and did not damage anything at all! They unloaded everything very nicely and loaded in to the rooms I wanted. They moved the furniture more than once because I was not happy with the positioning. They really did everything I wanted and needed. I will not ever forget about this experience.

George Martinez
August 7th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA

I had a brilliant move with Moving apt recently. They did my long distance move for me and I can’t thank them enough! They did such a good job! They gave me a great deal which was cheap and perfect for my budget! They sent a very efficient and professional crew who clearly knew what to do. They moved me out form my old place in just 6 hours! Everything was delivered on time as promised and the other promises which they made to me came true! There were no damages, no extra fees and no dents! I had a great move! I recommend them to all.

Richard Nelson
July 30th, 2018 Annapolis, MD

Moving APT handled a move for us last month. I knew that they get booked up quickly and contacted them a few months before our move, and it was good I did. I was impressed with their manager and the process from start to finish. We also contracted them to tow one of our vehicles along with the household items. On moving day, the movers came on time with lots of packing materials. They spent around 3 to 4 hours packing up our household furniture and items, doing so quickly, efficiently, and carefully. The plan was that they would deliver everything on Wednesday. They actually arrived on Tuesday afternoon, and the workers he used here to unload were, again, fast and efficient. Everything arrived intact, there was no damage to either home and the car was fine. The crew was very responsive to inquiries from start to finish. It was a great overall experience, and I'd highly recommend this company to anyone who needs a move - whether it is across town or across the country.

Ernest S.
July 26th, 2018 Blairsville, GA

This moving company is the one you should hire. They are efficient, caring, professional and hardworking. They move you like a breeze. I moved with them a month ago and they did a great job. Everything was professionally handled. The moving guys came on time and moved my things with care. They moved it all in such a way that no damage came to any of my stuff. It was a great move. There were no damages involved and no extra fees. I surely will use them again and I do recommend moving apt to all.

Ethan Guillen
July 19th, 2018 Bothell, WA

You will be making a smart choice if you hire Moving APT. They are very efficient and caring. They move you without any stress at all! I hired them last month and my move was like a breeze. They were very professional, hard-working and energetic. They moved the furniture down from the fourth floor and never took a single break. Neither did they damage anything. Everything was delivered back to me in perfect shape. My move was actually like a breeze and no problems at all! I highly recommend them to all.

Jason Morgan
July 18th, 2018 Canton, GA

Hire Moving APT and be moved flawlessly! They are amazing! You will thank me later! They are one of the best moving companies in town and their best quality is that they give you an amazing service and in return they ask for a very reasonable price. They will make you their fan! I hired them last month for my long distance move and they moved me without any problems at all! They were in and out very quickly. They moved all my belongings nicely and did not damage a single thing. Everything was in perfect shape in the end. My move was like a breeze. I will use this moving company again.

Paul Smith
July 16th, 2018 Louisville, KY

You got to try this moving company out! They are one in a million! They are the most professional and efficient moving company I have ever seen! They move you not only very easily but also without any damages! My recent move with them was like a breeze. They did everything by the book and they moved me without any issues. Everything was spot on! No damages, no extra fees, no delays and no miscommunication. You will love Moving APT! Hire them and see the difference!

Kenton S.
July 12th, 2018 Atlanta, GA

I highly recommend moving apt to all! They are magnificent! They really are the real deal! They move you without any problems at all! Their prices are low and their team members are very efficient. They moved all my belongings with care and did not damage any of it! I was very smoothly moved within the given time and the price did not change in the end. I really liked their customer service too. They always kept me updated and answered to my queries immediately. Overall, it was a good move. I will use them again.

Kevin Gonzales
July 9th, 2018 Charlotte, NC

I am sure that this moving company is the best for long distance moves! I hired them myself and I know for a fact that they are efficient, caring and highly professional. They moved me last month flawlessly! They really do know how to move all the heavy furniture without damaging it. They also moved me in record time and they did not keep me waiting. Everything was safely returned back and I was very happy to see that there were no changes in the bill. I do recommend Moving APT to all.

Brandon Harris
June 29th, 2018 Fairfax, VA

Moving apt moved me in such a magnificent way that I did not feel stressed or panicked at all. They came on time and finished this side of the job in time. They carried all the furniture with care and drove off. Their customer service always kept me informed and they also delivered within the given time. After they unloaded all the things, I saw that there were no damages and there was nothing missing. I really had a great experience with these guys. I will definitely use them again and I will recommend them to all.

Larry Roberts
June 26th, 2018 Atlanta, GA

I highly recommend this moving company to all because this moving company knows how to move you perfectly! They are very professional, efficient, caring and punctual. My move was like a breeze. Also their rates are low and it did not change in the end. Everything went according to plan! There were no damages, no extra fees and no accidents. It was the smoothest move ever. Now I know why my cousin recommended them to me so highly! They are very good indeed! I strongly recommend moving apt to all!

Aldo
June 25th, 2018 Arlington, VA

If you want an awesome moving company to move you, hire Moving Apt. They are very professional, efficient, caring, friendly, and honest and the list does not stop! They are everything you want! They come on time and they move all your things with care. They keep the floors and walls safe along with the furniture. They move you in time and you will see that there are no damages on your belongings. They are the safe way to move. I genuinely think there is not better moving company out there and that’s why I highly recommend them to all.

Daniel Cooper
June 21st, 2018 Arlington, TX

Moving apt gets all the credit in this world! They are so awesome! They know how to do it right! They moved me cross country a month ago and they were great! They packed all of my things with care. They moved every single furniture with perfection and they did not damage a single thing. The delivery was on time and also their price stayed the same in the end. This move could not get any better! I got exactly what I wanted which was a smooth and easy move. I highly recommend this moving company to all.

Rich Galbraith
June 19th, 2018 Lithonia, GA

They should really change their name to perfect moving company! I am not just saying it, I mean it! They are just perfect! They moved me last month and they were amazing! They had the best deals in town and they moved me in record time. The moving guys are definitely pros. They moved every single item with a lot of care and perfection. Not a single item was missing or damaged. It was just awesome! I really think they are the best for your moving needs. I will use Moving apt again and I will recommend them to all!

Phil Jordan
June 15th, 2018 Shelbyville, IN

You must try Moving apt! They are magnificent! They know how to move you like real professionals! They give you a very accurate quote and they send a great team to help you out. The moving team comes on time and very quickly moves you within the given time. Their customer service is also remarkable. They answer to all your questions with patience and they keep you updated all the way. I hired them recently and this is all that I got in return. And also, there were no damages in the end! This moving company is amazing! I highly recommend them to all!

Bruce James
June 8th, 2018 Alexandria, VA

There are many good reasons why you should hire this moving company. For starters, their pricing is very low and reasonable. They have the most efficient and professional crew who moves all of your things with care and respect. They make your move feel like a breeze and they will deliver all your things without any damages. I hired them last month and got all these good things. They are worth every penny! I strongly recommend Moving APT to all and I hope they keep this kind of service forever!

Gary Rogers
June 4th, 2018 Jacksonville, NC

I am a single parent and it is very hard moving. I took the help of an excellent moving company called Moving apt. They did a spectacular job. They moved everything with a lot of care and they did not damage a single thing. Their team was focused, efficient and caring. They do not charge much and they work so hard that they earn every penny. The guys were so nice and kind! They even helped me fix the baby crib! My move was painless and stress free because of them. Thank you so much!

Harry Anderson
June 4th, 2018 St. Petersburg, FL

I believe I am very lucky because I found this moving company. They moved me so smoothly last month! They did a good job with the packing and moving. Moving the important documents was my only job for me! They took care of everything else! They even helped me move the furniture’s here and there at the new place. I loved working with them because I found no flaws! They are effacement, caring and very professional! Plus their rates are low and it did not change in the end. I hopefully will not move soon, but if I do I will give Moving apt a call!

Aaron Watson
May 29th, 2018 Atlanta, GA

Have you ever had a perfect move before? If not, hire Moving APT! They will move you without any trouble and in record time! The guys are very efficient, caring and professional. I hired them a few weeks ago and they gave a great service. No harm came to anything and I did not have to yell at them about the bill. I paid exactly what I was quoted in the very beginning. My move was smooth and very easy. There were absolutely no problems! If you also want this kind of move, hire these guys! They are very highly recommended!

Anthony Mcdaniel
May 29th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY

Everyone here is very smart and efficient. When they were helping me out with my long distance move, they faced a few problems. Such as the corners were too tight, some furniture would not get out from the door, and the china cabinets were hard to take down. But these guys fixed every problem in just 2 mins! They are super experienced and professional. I received a damage free move and I am pretty much sure you will too. Hire Moving Apt and you will not regret it. They are highly recommended!

Mark P.
May 25th, 2018 Westerville, OH

I am so pleased that I definitely give this moving company 5 star! They moved me last month so calmly and easily. One by one they packed everything and moved it. They were very careful from the very beginning and made sure not a single item gets damaged. The moving crew was efficient, smart and professional. Their prices are very reasonable and a good thing about them is that they keep their word. The price did not change in the end! Moving with Moving Apt was a very good idea. You should hire them too!

Edward Davis
May 23rd, 2018 Cocoa, FL

I will recommend them to all! Moving APT is worth recommending! They have such good quality! Recently they moved me cross country and they did a great job. The packing was done very nicely. They packed everything in a very tight way and they moved everything so professionally that nothing was damaged. It was a picture perfect move. All the people who helped me were efficient, caring and professional. It was a clean, smooth and easy move. I will hire them again and I will tell other to do the same!

Chris Johnson
May 22nd, 2018 Alexandria, LA

Moving with this moving company was absolutely stressed free. These guys really know how to pull off a job. They came in with great attitudes and spirit and completed the job within the given time. They also brought all the supplies necessary and moved everything without damaging the walls and floors. My brother will need a moving company soon and I will definitely recommend these guys! Moving Apt is professional, efficient and most important, very caring! Good job guys and I hope this quality always stays the same!

William Parker
May 18th, 2018 Buford, GA

Everything was great from start to finish. The moving team arrived at my place exactly at 8am sharp. They finished this side of the job in four hours. They unloaded everything with great care and also we did not find any damages anywhere. The men who came to help were qualified, efficient and experienced. They carried all the things to the top floor and they did not bump anything on to anything. It was a good experience. In my experience, Moving Apt is the best moving company I have ever hired. I very highly recommend them to all.

Billy Morgan
May 14th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA

They are absolutely great for long distance moves. They have the best crew who takes care of you like family. They recommend you things which are very helpful and they will go above and beyond to make you happy. I had a lovely experience with Moving Apt. They do not charge much and they will move you very quickly! I also received a damage free move and maybe that’s why I love them even more. They are efficient, caring and very professional. I will always be using this moving company for my long distance moves and shall recommend them to all.

Thomas Smith
May 14th, 2018 Missouri City, TX

If you want your move to be fast and have someone reliable move your precious belongings, hire Moving APT. They are very experienced, talented and caring. They will move you without any damages. They have moved me recently and all I have to say is that I am very pleased with the outcome. Moving a long distance is not easy but these guys handled it well. I could not find any dents or damages. They have the best rates in town and honestly I got the best service of my life. I seriously think you should hire them!

Roger Grant
May 10th, 2018 Toledo, OH

I wanted to thank their sales rep who gave me a fantastic deal. I talked with other moving companies, but only Moving Apt gave me the quote I was looking for. I would also like to thank their moving team. They very efficiently and professionally packed my one bedroom apartment. Not a single damage was found! I have never seen a moving company to be so efficient and qualified! It was a great moving experience. I will use them again the next time I move and I shall recommend this moving company to my brother who will be moving next month. Well done and thanks again!

Jessica Harris
May 9th, 2018 Atlanta, GA

My husband and I needed to do a long distance move because we wanted to live near our daughter. It is so hard not to see her every day and that is why it was very necessary for us to move. We have many things because we are married for 30 years and we bought a lot of things in these past years. It was very hard for us to move and moving on our own was not an option! We called Moving Apt based on good reviews. They seemed very professional and experienced. They really are those things because we were moved very nicely. None of our possessions were damaged and we got our belongings back to us on the day we wanted. So it was a good move overall. Thank you!