Moving APT Logo

7.1

LAST UPDATED: December 5th, 2022

Moving APT was founded in 1999 with a team of five men and two trucks. Since then, Moving APT's service has expanded dramatically and now it acts as a brokering service across the continental United States. Whether you are moving out of a home, apartment, condominium, etc, APT movers are there to help you. Although primarily known as an interstate moving service, Moving APT services nationwide moving with great care, professional training, and quality service with the hope of providing a stress free experience for each customer. It is important to note that Moving APT is not a moving company itself; it is a brokerage company that hires out other moving companies to complete contracted moves.

Bellhop Logo
#4 Bellhop chevron_right

The Good

• Packing Services
  • Residential Moving
  • Corporate Relocation

Packing Services

One of the most stressful parts of moving is the packing process. If you are anxious about packing and would appreciate making your move a bit more stress free, you can hire professional movers to come and pack your things for you. Not only will these hard working individuals pack your belongings for you, but they will bring all of the packing materials that you will need.

For those that want to save money, you can forgo the professional packing service and still rely on Moving APT to provide you with packing materials. This will most likely take more time, but it will save you money in the long run.

Residential Moving

Moving APT can put you into contact with a local mover who will provide you with packing materials such as boxes, bubble wrap, etc. as well as helpful and friendly movers who will come and load your personal belongings, furniture, and other items into a moving truck. Moving services will vary due to the use of a number of third party movers, but quality and customer satisfaction are the most important concerns of Moving APT.

Corporate Relocation

If you have ever moved your entire company before, you know that it can be a difficult and time-consuming process. The electronics and furniture used by your staff every day needed to be moved with great care to ensure optimum functionality and Moving APT is one of the few carriers in the United States that can offer nationwide moving services for you and your company. Moving APT guarantees a competitive rate as added incentive to use its services when taking part in a corporate move.

The Bad

• Not a Moving Company
  • Third-Party Movers
  • Pricing Discrepancies

Not a Moving Company

Though Moving APT started out as a moving company, it has since transitioned into a brokerage company that hires out a local mover to come and help you move. Some Moving APT reviews found online included complaints of theft, damage to furniture or personal belongings, and poor customer service. Moving APT does what it can to help in these circumstances, but resorts to the contract that has been made by the local mover to move the customer and their things. Moving APT does not take responsibility since it is simply a brokerage company that sets up each move between the customer and the local mover.

Third-Party Movers

One of the greatest weaknesses of Moving APT is the exclusive use of third-party movers. Every contracted job is done through one of these third parties putting all of the pressure of legal responsibilities, etc. on the local mover. If furniture or other items are lost or damaged during the moving process, Moving APT will refer the customer to the local mover to address the concern. Many customers are unaware that a third party will be hired and struggle to contact them once given the information by Moving APT.

Pricing Discrepancies

There are a number of circumstances in which the price for the move that was given by the Moving APT representative has been significantly lower than the final price of the job. This price also differs from the online quote that can be attained on the company website.

The Bottom Line

Moving APT is not a moving company. That is something that you should know. Though it does not have hired teams to help customers with the moving process, it does hire local movers to get the job done. If you are looking for help finding a local mover, Moving APT can be of service to you. If you are looking for an actual moving company that will be with you through every step of the moving process, this may not be the company for you. We would recommend doing extensive research before entering a contract and paying a deposit with Moving APT. This could include asking what local companies it would consider hiring to do the job, a written contract with a final payment price, and/or other research on the local moving companies near you to ensure that you are receiving high-quality and professional moving services.

Salvador Graham Lowell, NC

I am glad to write this review because the other reviews helped me and I wish to help someone too. The reviews are accurate. Moving Apt is a very good choice for long distance moves. They are not complicated. They are easy to work with and communicate. The moving team takes care of your belongings with great care and they do deliver on time. I had a great move with them and that is why I strongly recommend them to all.

12 hours ago

Jerome Perez Raleigh, NC

They are truly experts in this field. No one can beat them. They have the best rates and the best team. Their sales rep was friendly, informative and charming too. Their foreman and his helpers were great! No issues anywhere. They even fixed the kitchen sink for us. They left only when they knew I was completely satisfied. Other moving companies should learn from them. They should be an idol. I loved working with Moving Apt!

Melvin Parker Tulsa, OK

They took a very short time to pack our things and the guys came on time on the moving day. The guys didn't waste time reshuffling stuff in the truck, rather they worked beautifully. They were expert on unloading too. I used plenty of boxes because I couldn't throw any of my belongings away. They nicely and carefully did everything. I have a kind size bed and I thought it would be hard getting it down the stairs. But these guys are so good that they didn’t even bump it. I have no doubt that Moving apt is experienced and capable to handle any situation.

Johnny Hensley, AR

Setting up the move was very easy and there were no hidden fees or any charges they did not tell me about. The guys came early in the morning and packed up everything safely, quickly and unloaded it at our new home just as fast! None of the items were damaged or lost. I liked how they got prepared for work and how they worked really hard. They were very attentive to the walls and the floors. I could not have been happier with Moving APT! Very good company and they will save you some money!

Rudolph Klein Lawrenceville, GA

I called Moving apt and asked if they would make a schedule within a short time. They agreed and gave a fixed date within that week. Overall it was a great experience. The guys worked hard with patience and respect for our stuff. Our previous home had strict move out regulations. They were able to cope with the situation at a prompt pace. The total move was safe and sound. No hidden charges were imposed at the end of service. I will certainly recommend them.

Nancy Scott Ellicott City, MD

Doing a long distance move was easy and I am so happy that my husband hired these professionals. We had them come out and pack everything so there really wasn't much for us to do. All I needed to do was point and tell them where I wanted everything and we had them set our bedroom up too. The best part was that there were no damages at all! I was so surprised how efficient they were! We will use Moving Apt again and recommend them to my cousin who will be moving soon!

Derrick Torres Sialkot, PB

I heard a lot about Moving apt and also saw some very good comments about them in several websites. All this positive feedback actually forced me to call them just before my move. I called them and talked with their sales guy. He was very responsive and smart enough to figure out what I wanted. He offered me a deal so attractive that I could not say no to him. I had high hopes for them and they also kept their reputation by doing everything perfectly for me. They saved my time and money and ensured a very fast and accurate move. I strongly recommend this company to everyone.

Rickey Ford Tuzla, BIH

This is my second time using the Moving APT and they were terrific. I made a reservation and booked the time frame and a couple of days after that, their crew came to my house to pack my things. They came on time and wrapped everything and loaded it all in their truck. The guys worked fast and well. However, they made my move great and relaxed, no trouble at all. The price was also excellent and nothing got damaged or misplaced. I am so satisfied with these guys; of course that is why I hired them again. The whole team is very nice, kind and professional!

Victor Morrison Pharr, TX

I called Moving Apt on the advice of a friend and left everything in their hands. I didn't have a large job, but I did live in a two-story house. They arrived on time to finish the job. They were fast, efficient, and enjoyable to deal with. They understood exactly what they were doing, and they did it flawlessly. They never stopped going, didn't pause to converse, and didn't do anything else. I had such a positive experience that I felt compelled to write a review. Thank you very much! You guys did an excellent job.

Kevin Davis Jacksonville, FL

I had Moving Apt for my employee relocation services. At first I was stressed with the long lead times from picking my items up (2-4 weeks out) and delivery (2-4 weeks out) to my new location which was two states away. However, the sales rep was extremely helpful, understanding, and thorough to my needs. I had to be out of my unit by the end of July and he worked diligently to have me out just in time (July 29th). I know there's a staffing shortage as many companies have been dealing with the crunch, but he was even able to get my items delivered in less than a week, not the 2-4 weeks out. I would recommend this company.

Damon Maxwell Forney, TX

Moving can be a drag, but I had the most incredible experience using Moving Apt. First, they are totally all things certified so there's a layer of security and comfort to start off the moving process. When they arrived, their crew was speedy and efficient so everything got wrapped up and taken down in what felt like the blink of an eye. I loved that they wrapped all furniture in safety blankets to move it, instead of breaking things down or risking scuff. I was so impressed by everything from their strength to friendliness. It felt like a friendly neighbor was helping me move. Finally, once we made it to my new location, they helped me place things where they belonged around the apartment. I would recommend this company time and time again!

Wilfred Grant Dhaka, 13

I looked this company up online and found them to be very reliable and trustworthy. I'm glad that they were available. Moving Apt is honestly a great mover. They are very friendly, very understanding of what it is to get your things safe and sound from one place to another. Everything was packaged neatly. You guys did an amazing job and got us relocated. I could not have hoped for a better service.

Anastasia Newheart Boulder, CO

I understand that moving APT is a broker for companies, but even then, Moving APT misrepresented the costs, caused multiple delays, did not honor the agreed upon time frame, and sent a carrier that damaged my furniture and apartment. I was scheduled for pick up on 9/26-9/28. On 9/26 I was told that a carrier would pick up on 9/27 1pm-3pm. I was only told that they were not coming after the window was over, and I called to ask. They rescheduled for 10am-12pm the next day but did not arrive until 1pm. The driver did not speak English or Spanish and couldn't communicate with me or the rep from moving apt. The guy helping the driver load items was hired from Craigslist. They loaded about half my stuff until they were told to unload because of a disagreement between moving apt and the carrier over the charge. They left around 4:45pm. The movers from this carrier scratched the floor in multiple places by dragging items across the hardwood floor and with the dolly. I asked them to stop multiple times. The next day I was told that a different carrier would come on 9/30 10am-1pm. That morning I was told they would come at 3pm. Later in the afternoon their dispatcher told me they would come at 4:30pm, but the movers did not arrive until around 6pm. This driver had also hired people to help load the truck from Craigslist They finished around 10:45pm. The movers did not wrap the items before taking them into the truck. I asked them to do this to avoid damage to the walls or furniture, but they continued without doing it and said that the items would be wrapped once they were in the truck. The floor was scratched with the dolly in a few places. The driver arrived at the new place without calling ahead of time and without anyone to help move the items. My friend and I had to help carry large items. A wall in the apartment was dented and scuffed in multiple places. The desk, bookshelf, two nightstands, arm chair and dresser were all scratched. I saw that the nightstands and bed frame were not wrapped in the truck and the dresser and bookshelf were only partially covered. The top of the bookshelf was broken off completely. They charged $1300 extra because the total volume was 50% greater than moving apt's estimate, even though I had given an accurate inventory list. I can only assume that moving apt intentionally gives low estimates of total volume in order to give a lower quote and inflate the cost later. I'm currently in the process of filing a claim for the damages and delays. They use a 3rd party company to process claims making it even more confusing.

Jackie Peters New York, NY

Moving APT did a great job at instructing all their staff on safe handling of my old furniture and we made the move with no damage. They came with all the padding and wrapping required, moved up and down at my old place quite comfortably and completed the loading in a short time. Their prices were right in line with what we have been paying other movers too. I am very satisfied with their services. If it wasn’t for them, I’m sure my valuables would have suffered greatly.

Nick Sutton Accra, AA

The movers were so professional; they wrapped everything up so neat and followed my requests for a few things. We were moving up north and to a house on a steep hill, with LOTS of stairs. They did not complain at all, they had to carry our stuff up the steep driveway, up the stairs to the first floor, and sometimes the second floor. And it was dark. I will use their service if I ever move again.

Grant Bradley Greenbrier, TN

Easiest move of my life and I've moved quite a bit. If you are looking for movers that are quick, efficient and professional with a laid back and cool kind of vibe, these are your guys. The manager took his time explaining scheduling and pricing. I knew exactly what to expect with no surprises, which is what you want when moving. Overall, my experience was great, which is something you rarely get to say during such a stressful time. Thank you!

Maria Miper Twentynine Palms, CA

After we arrived at the new place, movers located everything I asked them. Three men crew arrived just on the scheduled time and started working immediately after signing the paperwork. They carefully wrapped all of my belonging and loaded everything in their truck, and I bought them lunch for such hard work. Call Moving APT. This company provides the best moving service ever with a smile on their face.

Emmett Maldonado Stoughton, WI

I was VERY impressed with Moving APT. They were professional, very informative, right on time and very efficient! They loaded my moving truck with precision and were very helpful in giving me tips to finish up. There was NO damage to anything, either in my apartment or in the truck. When I came to check, everything was in order in the truck and it was secured tightly. I will certainly call them in the future when I need to move! The cost was affordable even for me, and worth every penny! I was VERY happy with my guys! Thank you for sending the BEST!

Sheldon Roberts Cordova, TN

Moving apt is a wonderful moving company. I think they help people everywhere! I've known several friends and colleagues who have used their services as well, and all were extremely impressed. These guys rock! There are several good moving companies in this country and these guys are definitely in the top 3. When you hire them, you are not only helping yourself, but you are also helping the community. They are so neat and clean! Thank you guys for continuing to provide a quality service for over the years.

Kyle Bradley Fullerton, CA

The three movers arrived promptly as scheduled on the day of the move. They responded very fast for quotes, and the booking process was smooth. Per hour price was very competitive, although they do charge for a round trip (i.e., you pay for their time of driving back from new place to old place) which seems to be the norm. Moving APT crew worked tirelessly and meticulously to ensure nothing was damaged (both old and new house and our items). I would give five stars to the movers.

Frederick Jordan Ft. Pierce, FL

In my opinion my family couldn’t even dream of getting a better company. We were on a budget and this company offered us everything we needed. Low price, good service and on time delivery. Our things were relocated very quickly and in great condition. We’re thankful and happy customers! We shall use Moving Apt for all our future long distance moves.

Jacob Jurgess Victorville, CA

I used this company to move out of my office space. They worked very fast, were extraordinarily organized and were careful with my breakables. I had my things transferred into my storage, and they even reorganized my storage space to make everything fit. Amazing service.

Harry Morris Lake Elsinore, CA

It was smooth from the quotes provided, the thoroughness of the questions, and the follow-ups over text to confirm the move. I was a bit nervous about the actual move itself, but the three guys moved us were extremely courteous, efficient, and professional. They completed the job in fewer hours than quoted and cleaned up quickly themselves.

Breanna Hoover Los Angeles, CA

We've hired Moving APT for two different moves over the last five years. In both cases, they've been great: fast, careful, and good communication. We didn't compare prices with other firms, but I felt like the price was fair. Will use it for future moves.

Lucas Coleman Miami, FL

The guys are super friendly, efficient, and they have willingness to help others. This experience was by far the best for me! Moving apt moved all my belongings and nothing was smashed or scratched. I owe it to them! The crews are very sociable! What I have observed is that they always keep contact with their client even after ending the service which was amazing! They defeated at least 5 moving companies who offered me the service. The guys were stuck on their price. I like them and want to use them again!

Dean Hardy Clearwater, FL

Moving Apt definitely deserves 5 stars. They made the entire move a pleasure for us. Very skilled and dependable crew with a great sense of humor! They easily rescheduled the move though I changed it a couple of times. They were always on time. All their crews were super friendly and quite easy to communicate with. They were very careful from the starting up to the delivery! I love their high level of concentration to their clients.

Alfredo Wheeler Accra, AA

My family and I did a long distance move recently and we hired Moving Apt to help us out. Everything they did was really great! The services they offer are really affordable, but what’s more important is that they do a quality job. They are punctual, efficient, caring and polite. They got us moved to our new apartment so easily! I could not be more impressed!

Kevin Watson Kent, WA

I have moved all over the country and have used different companies each time. My last move was performed by Moving Apt which I found to be by far the best! Their priorities for performing the move were the same as the criteria I was looking for in a professional moving company. Mainly excellent customer service and professional team that will take very good care of your belongings! They did not damage a single item and they were very punctual. 5 stars indeed!

Mario Sparks Denver, CO

They are neat, punctual, honest and affordable in terms of their work. On the two occasions I used their services; it was always a damage free and easy move. All the people who I recommended to choose Moving Apt have thanked me for the great recommendation. For a comfortable move you require a moving company who understands your requirements and will get the job done smoothly. All I can say to you is that if you are looking to move safely then your only safe option is this company!

Clifford Smith Reno, NV

I had a number of moving experiences with this moving company and always I was treated with care and given the best service. Last month I used their service again and it was totally first class service at a cheap price. Had no extra pressure! The workers were extremely well mannered and helpful. They did not break anything and delivered on time. This is what I like about them, always punctual! Great job by Moving Apt and thanks again.

Craig Sullivan Johnson City, NY

Everyone listened to my needs, then they handled my possessions carefully as though their own and didn't leave until everything was placed in its right place. They packed and unpacked with ease and placed the furniture where I wanted. The crew was very personable and polite. They even moved our piano a second time for us with a smile on their faces! They were also quite speedy and were done in less time than we anticipated. I think Moving Apt has given me the best moving experience ever!

Owen Peterson Falls Church, VA

I have heard many stories on how movers would just sit around and waste your precious time. But Moving Apt is nothing like that! They are efficient, caring and they value your time. I did not see them once wasting time or fooling around. They got the job done under the given deadline and they worked and worked until the entire job was completed. I highly recommend this moving company because they are very professional!

Andy Hardy Queens, NY

I will use Moving Apt over and over again. What a fine moving company! They know it all! They know how to execute the job so well! They will not give you a chance to complain. I just finished unpacking and could not find a single scratch on anything. They delivered to me on time as promised and without any damages! Seriously I am lucky that my first moving experience was so good. A big thumbs up.

Jeff Dunaway Stanton, CA

Moving APT owner collected a day early to load an oversized parcel, and he rang me first. Informed me of a problem along the way (not of his doing). Helpful with rectifying it, making sure the package was safe. The parcel arrived in the same condition as it left. Highly recommended Moving APT brilliant service at a very reasonable price.

Benny Kennedy Homestead, FL

The move was smooth, easy and quick. They were very professional and worked very fast. They gave me a picture perfect move. I really don’t know how to express my gratitude. They came on time, packed until everything was done with no breaks. They used pads, covers, blankets and pillows to protect my items. I don’t know much about moving, but all I know is that I got a damage free move and the prices were great. I don’t need to know more than that. Moving Apt is my mover from now on.

Enrique Carr Accra, AA

I had to push them to take a break but still they did not. They worked for 5 hours straight and I did not see them waste a second! They worked like machines. I insisted so many times to take a break, but all they said is ‘let’s finish the job first. I was impressed honestly and I was more thrilled to see that none of my belongings were damaged upon delivery. They are efficient, professional and very hardworking. They will get the job done as smoothly as possible.

Jerome Lyons Dallas, TX

I am still somehow surprised at how smoothly my last move went thanks to great guys from Moving Apt. I was surprised at how careful they were. They did a great job. They were so efficient and professional! I cannot thank them enough. This was the easiest long distance move ever. Excellent service, excellent price! I will surely be using them again! What a team! Loved them!

Travis Francis New Port Richey, FL

Luckily I didn't have a lot of furniture so I didn't take up too much of their time with that but I thought it was nice of them to offer. These movers seemed to be careful (with nothing breaking) and asked me to look in the back of their truck to confirm everything was out. I am glad to have a great first experience and I definitely plan on using Moving apt again in the future.

Terry Brock Stockton, CA

I can’t believe it!! I had a successful move! Moving Apt is undoubtedly wonderful! They provided me with as much as they could go help me. Full packing, great men, great price, accurate timing with everything! They never lied or procrastinated about anything. Nothing was damaged or broken when we checked the boxes later. We were simply thrilled! I appreciate their honesty and professionalism.

Timothy Gonzalez Amherst, MA

Moving apt helped us do a long distance move and they were great at it! They moved some oversized furniture. We had a bizarre size couch which was not possible to take apart. The mover carried the item down two flights of stairs. They were pretty skilled about it. They wrapped all fragile materials exclusively. As a result we were handed over all our items unbroken and intact. The whole move took no more than their estimated window. I appreciate their professionalism and hard work.

Jennie Campbell Arnold, MD

We are very happy that we ended up going with them! Moving across the country is not an easy task but they made it look like so. My husband and I found them online and they had amazing reviews so naturally we went with them. The movers were extremely punctual and very hard workers from beginning to end. Our belongings arrived on time and we don’t have a single complaint. I speak very highly of Moving Apt!

Rickey Mathis Beverly Hills, CA

The mover guys came and started to pack immediately when they arrived at our home. I was very glad to have gotten it over ASAP, moving just stinks all around quite honestly. We were very happy when they started to put our bedroom furniture together and the house was starting to come together. I tipped the movers and they were very happy about that too. I'm very glad and surprised at how well this move actually went.

Terrence Santos East Brunswick, NJ

I had the pleasure of working with Moving apt last month and they delivered my home to me all in one piece! This moving company did an outstanding job handling my goods. I honestly don't know what I would've done without them, I will never move myself again! I am thrilled that I had this great experience moving. The guys were very professional and worked very hard for us. Wrapping everything so perfectly they took such good care of me. Thanks guys for doing such an outstanding job.

Garry Bowen Greenville, SC

THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER! They were right on time for our estimate and the move. The gentlemen doing the moving were simply outstanding, nice, polite and best of all, very efficient. Everything arrived in perfect condition. We wish we had talked to them before we packed our things up. They could have saved us a lot of time. All in all, excellent experience.

Willie Mcgee The Bronx, NY

I checked out several moving companies and in my opinion Moving Apt offered the best service and price. I must say that I am completely satisfied with the team I worked with. They are nice, courteous and friendly people. I moved from FL to NJ and I wanted to be highly satisfied with the whole moving procedure. I had a lot of furniture to be packed, especially my two favorite sofas and a nice table with six chairs. But the most important thing for me is that all the furniture stayed intact. My new three-room apartment looks amazing. All things are on the spot which makes me more than happy. I did not even pay the amount I expected, but it was much cheaper. Well done!

Duane Hawkins Marietta, GA

I have been looking for a good moving company for a long time. I have used some pretty bad ones in the past and so it was important to me during this move to try to find the best company I could. When I contacted Moving Apt they were very kind. They were so upfront and honest about the whole thing from the beginning. I had a lot of questions but they took the time to hear them out and make sure each one of them were answered. They really wanted to make sure we were prepared and knew what to expect. Their movers were very dedicated to the job and made sure that we were taken good care of. Each one of our items was handled very carefully and with efficiency. If you need to move and want a company that you can feel confident trusting your things with I would highly recommend Moving Apt.

Wilbert Wilson The Bronx, NY

These guys are the best for long distance moves. They are very experienced, caring and very efficient. I needed to do a long distance move recently and I hired Moving apt because they had very good reviews and their sales rep assured me that I will get I want. For starters, I got the date I wanted and he sent a very good team to help me on the moving day. The moving team moved all my household items with care and did not damage a single thing. They were very effect, professional and skilled. All was fine in the end. There were no damages! I got a very good service from them. I will use them again and I will recommend them to all.

Richard Nelson Annapolis, MD

Moving APT handled a move for us last month. I knew that they get booked up quickly and contacted them a few months before our move, and it was good I did. I was impressed with their manager and the process from start to finish. We also contracted them to tow one of our vehicles along with the household items. On moving day, the movers came on time with lots of packing materials. They spent around 3 to 4 hours packing up our household furniture and items, doing so quickly, efficiently, and carefully. The plan was that they would deliver everything on Wednesday. They actually arrived on Tuesday afternoon, and the workers he used here to unload were, again, fast and efficient. Everything arrived intact, there was no damage to either home and the car was fine. The crew was very responsive to inquiries from start to finish. It was a great overall experience, and I'd highly recommend this company to anyone who needs a move - whether it is across town or across the country.

Jessica Harris Atlanta, GA

My husband and I needed to do a long distance move because we wanted to live near our daughter. It is so hard not to see her every day and that is why it was very necessary for us to move. We have many things because we are married for 30 years and we bought a lot of things in these past years. It was very hard for us to move and moving on our own was not an option! We called Moving Apt based on good reviews. They seemed very professional and experienced. They really are those things because we were moved very nicely. None of our possessions were damaged and we got our belongings back to us on the day we wanted. So it was a good move overall. Thank you!

Joshua Bittman Las Vegas, NV

I booked my cross-country move with MovingAPT and the sales guy was great "You are covered with us on insuring your things, we use the best movers"....And then QA and scheduling and pickup started. QA was rude and difficult, managers were unwilling to help. They used Big Shoulders Moving and Storage to move my things which was the worst thing to ever happen. Not only did they take 15 hours to move a 4 bedroom house into a truck. But they took 16 days to get me my things across 1200 miles. My things were delivered with the industrial treadmill broken and unable to be fixed, L shaped executive desk destroyed, 2 book cases broken. When I filed to be made whole... I was offered $75 because they felt that was fair for almost $5000 of product. Please find and use anyone but this company when you search for a reputable mover.