Moving APT Logo

7.1

LAST UPDATED: May 20th, 2022

Moving APT was founded in 1999 with a team of five men and two trucks. Since then, Moving APT's service has expanded dramatically and now it acts as a brokering service across the continental United States. Whether you are moving out of a home, apartment, condominium, etc, APT movers are there to help you. Although primarily known as an interstate moving service, Moving APT services nationwide moving with great care, professional training, and quality service with the hope of providing a stress free experience for each customer. It is important to note that Moving APT is not a moving company itself; it is a brokerage company that hires out other moving companies to complete contracted moves.

The Good

• Packing Services
  • Residential Moving
  • Corporate Relocation

Packing Services

One of the most stressful parts of moving is the packing process. If you are anxious about packing and would appreciate making your move a bit more stress free, you can hire professional movers to come and pack your things for you. Not only will these hard working individuals pack your belongings for you, but they will bring all of the packing materials that you will need.

For those that want to save money, you can forgo the professional packing service and still rely on Moving APT to provide you with packing materials. This will most likely take more time, but it will save you money in the long run.

Residential Moving

Moving APT can put you into contact with a local mover who will provide you with packing materials such as boxes, bubble wrap, etc. as well as helpful and friendly movers who will come and load your personal belongings, furniture, and other items into a moving truck. Moving services will vary due to the use of a number of third party movers, but quality and customer satisfaction are the most important concerns of Moving APT.

Corporate Relocation

If you have ever moved your entire company before, you know that it can be a difficult and time-consuming process. The electronics and furniture used by your staff every day needed to be moved with great care to ensure optimum functionality and Moving APT is one of the few carriers in the United States that can offer nationwide moving services for you and your company. Moving APT guarantees a competitive rate as added incentive to use its services when taking part in a corporate move.

The Bad

• Not a Moving Company
  • Third-Party Movers
  • Pricing Discrepancies

Not a Moving Company

Though Moving APT started out as a moving company, it has since transitioned into a brokerage company that hires out a local mover to come and help you move. Some Moving APT reviews found online included complaints of theft, damage to furniture or personal belongings, and poor customer service. Moving APT does what it can to help in these circumstances, but resorts to the contract that has been made by the local mover to move the customer and their things. Moving APT does not take responsibility since it is simply a brokerage company that sets up each move between the customer and the local mover.

Third-Party Movers

One of the greatest weaknesses of Moving APT is the exclusive use of third-party movers. Every contracted job is done through one of these third parties putting all of the pressure of legal responsibilities, etc. on the local mover. If furniture or other items are lost or damaged during the moving process, Moving APT will refer the customer to the local mover to address the concern. Many customers are unaware that a third party will be hired and struggle to contact them once given the information by Moving APT.

Pricing Discrepancies

There are a number of circumstances in which the price for the move that was given by the Moving APT representative has been significantly lower than the final price of the job. This price also differs from the online quote that can be attained on the company website.

The Bottom Line

Moving APT is not a moving company. That is something that you should know. Though it does not have hired teams to help customers with the moving process, it does hire local movers to get the job done. If you are looking for help finding a local mover, Moving APT can be of service to you. If you are looking for an actual moving company that will be with you through every step of the moving process, this may not be the company for you. We would recommend doing extensive research before entering a contract and paying a deposit with Moving APT. This could include asking what local companies it would consider hiring to do the job, a written contract with a final payment price, and/or other research on the local moving companies near you to ensure that you are receiving high-quality and professional moving services.

Dean Hardy Clearwater, FL

Moving Apt definitely deserves 5 stars. They made the entire move a pleasure for us. Very skilled and dependable crew with a great sense of humor! They easily rescheduled the move though I changed it a couple of times. They were always on time. All their crews were super friendly and quite easy to communicate with. They were very careful from the starting up to the delivery! I love their high level of concentration to their clients.

Alfredo Wheeler Accra, AA

My family and I did a long distance move recently and we hired Moving Apt to help us out. Everything they did was really great! The services they offer are really affordable, but what’s more important is that they do a quality job. They are punctual, efficient, caring and polite. They got us moved to our new apartment so easily! I could not be more impressed!

Kevin Watson Kent, WA

I have moved all over the country and have used different companies each time. My last move was performed by Moving Apt which I found to be by far the best! Their priorities for performing the move were the same as the criteria I was looking for in a professional moving company. Mainly excellent customer service and professional team that will take very good care of your belongings! They did not damage a single item and they were very punctual. 5 stars indeed!

Mario Sparks Denver, CO

They are neat, punctual, honest and affordable in terms of their work. On the two occasions I used their services; it was always a damage free and easy move. All the people who I recommended to choose Moving Apt have thanked me for the great recommendation. For a comfortable move you require a moving company who understands your requirements and will get the job done smoothly. All I can say to you is that if you are looking to move safely then your only safe option is this company!

Clifford Smith Reno, NV

I had a number of moving experiences with this moving company and always I was treated with care and given the best service. Last month I used their service again and it was totally first class service at a cheap price. Had no extra pressure! The workers were extremely well mannered and helpful. They did not break anything and delivered on time. This is what I like about them, always punctual! Great job by Moving Apt and thanks again.

Craig Sullivan Johnson City, NY

Everyone listened to my needs, then they handled my possessions carefully as though their own and didn't leave until everything was placed in its right place. They packed and unpacked with ease and placed the furniture where I wanted. The crew was very personable and polite. They even moved our piano a second time for us with a smile on their faces! They were also quite speedy and were done in less time than we anticipated. I think Moving Apt has given me the best moving experience ever!

Eric Earl San Jose, CA

Working with us to meet our needs throughout the whole process -- both beforehand, during, and even after the fact, checking in and making sure everything was tip-top and intact. Highly preferred!

Jeff Dunaway Stanton, CA

Moving APT owner collected a day early to load an oversized parcel, and he rang me first. Informed me of a problem along the way (not of his doing). Helpful with rectifying it, making sure the package was safe. The parcel arrived in the same condition as it left. Highly recommended Moving APT brilliant service at a very reasonable price.

Owen Peterson Falls Church, VA

I have heard many stories on how movers would just sit around and waste your precious time. But Moving Apt is nothing like that! They are efficient, caring and they value your time. I did not see them once wasting time or fooling around. They got the job done under the given deadline and they worked and worked until the entire job was completed. I highly recommend this moving company because they are very professional!

Andy Hardy Queens, NY

I will use Moving Apt over and over again. What a fine moving company! They know it all! They know how to execute the job so well! They will not give you a chance to complain. I just finished unpacking and could not find a single scratch on anything. They delivered to me on time as promised and without any damages! Seriously I am lucky that my first moving experience was so good. A big thumbs up.

Benny Kennedy Homestead, FL

The move was smooth, easy and quick. They were very professional and worked very fast. They gave me a picture perfect move. I really don’t know how to express my gratitude. They came on time, packed until everything was done with no breaks. They used pads, covers, blankets and pillows to protect my items. I don’t know much about moving, but all I know is that I got a damage free move and the prices were great. I don’t need to know more than that. Moving Apt is my mover from now on.

Enrique Carr Accra, AA

I had to push them to take a break but still they did not. They worked for 5 hours straight and I did not see them waste a second! They worked like machines. I insisted so many times to take a break, but all they said is ‘let’s finish the job first. I was impressed honestly and I was more thrilled to see that none of my belongings were damaged upon delivery. They are efficient, professional and very hardworking. They will get the job done as smoothly as possible.

Jyotika Chand Alpine, CA

I hired Moving APT IN June 2021. I worked with a lady by the name of Rachel J. I had just received a job offer in San Diego and needed to move urgently. I didn’t realize later that I was hiring a company who constantly lies and doesn’t guarantee anything. They contracted with a 3rd part moving company. Moving APT guaranteed that I was in good hands and all my items were safe and secure. I paid $1000 deposit and waiting for the moving company to call me. They picked my items up first week in July. What they didn’t tell me was that my items were going into a truck with 3 other peoples good. I was apparently the first pick up. The crew that arrived did a shitty job of packing the large items. My mattress and bed frame arrived damaged with a piece of the wood on the bottom broken. The mattress was left exposed because they didn’t cover it properly. I finally received my items on august 19th. And the company moving APT hired was horrible. I had 3 large pieces of art in a frame that never arrived. The boxes were trampled and open. It was so heartbreaking to see all my hard earned money to purchase nice things for myself and my home were damaged and mistreated. Moving APT takes zero responsibility. I don’t even want to give them 1 star! They should be put out of business. Do yourself a favor; hire a direct mover. NOT A LOUSY MONEY HUNGRY BROKER COMPANY LIKE MOVING APT. And check out their reviews on better business bureau. Before they comment and say they have no record of my move - here’s my quote number:1240610.

Jerome Lyons Dallas, TX

I am still somehow surprised at how smoothly my last move went thanks to great guys from Moving Apt. I was surprised at how careful they were. They did a great job. They were so efficient and professional! I cannot thank them enough. This was the easiest long distance move ever. Excellent service, excellent price! I will surely be using them again! What a team! Loved them!

Travis Francis New Port Richey, FL

Luckily I didn't have a lot of furniture so I didn't take up too much of their time with that but I thought it was nice of them to offer. These movers seemed to be careful (with nothing breaking) and asked me to look in the back of their truck to confirm everything was out. I am glad to have a great first experience and I definitely plan on using Moving apt again in the future.

Terry Brock Stockton, CA

I can’t believe it!! I had a successful move! Moving Apt is undoubtedly wonderful! They provided me with as much as they could go help me. Full packing, great men, great price, accurate timing with everything! They never lied or procrastinated about anything. Nothing was damaged or broken when we checked the boxes later. We were simply thrilled! I appreciate their honesty and professionalism.

Timothy Gonzalez Amherst, MA

Moving apt helped us do a long distance move and they were great at it! They moved some oversized furniture. We had a bizarre size couch which was not possible to take apart. The mover carried the item down two flights of stairs. They were pretty skilled about it. They wrapped all fragile materials exclusively. As a result we were handed over all our items unbroken and intact. The whole move took no more than their estimated window. I appreciate their professionalism and hard work.

Jennie Campbell Arnold, MD

We are very happy that we ended up going with them! Moving across the country is not an easy task but they made it look like so. My husband and I found them online and they had amazing reviews so naturally we went with them. The movers were extremely punctual and very hard workers from beginning to end. Our belongings arrived on time and we don’t have a single complaint. I speak very highly of Moving Apt!

Rickey Mathis Beverly Hills, CA

The mover guys came and started to pack immediately when they arrived at our home. I was very glad to have gotten it over ASAP, moving just stinks all around quite honestly. We were very happy when they started to put our bedroom furniture together and the house was starting to come together. I tipped the movers and they were very happy about that too. I'm very glad and surprised at how well this move actually went.

Terrence Santos East Brunswick, NJ

I had the pleasure of working with Moving apt last month and they delivered my home to me all in one piece! This moving company did an outstanding job handling my goods. I honestly don't know what I would've done without them, I will never move myself again! I am thrilled that I had this great experience moving. The guys were very professional and worked very hard for us. Wrapping everything so perfectly they took such good care of me. Thanks guys for doing such an outstanding job.

Garry Bowen Greenville, SC

THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER! They were right on time for our estimate and the move. The gentlemen doing the moving were simply outstanding, nice, polite and best of all, very efficient. Everything arrived in perfect condition. We wish we had talked to them before we packed our things up. They could have saved us a lot of time. All in all, excellent experience.

Maurice Massey Fort Lauderdale, FL

Moving Apt did a long distance move for us. The task included carrying the couch up the stairs and maneuvering the couch through the entryway and into the living room. They were polite and professional over the phone and their sales rep called after the move and made sure everything went ok. Pricing was pretty reasonable too, especially for a tough task like this. My only concern was the delivery time, but it arrived as promised, right on time. Otherwise their service was not bad.

Vincent Oliver Gainesville, FL

I have nothing but good things to say about Moving Apt. I never knew a moving company can take all the stress from me. This was the best moving experience I have EVER HAD. They showed up on time, were very nice and professional, not to mention quick. They took good care of my belongings. Let's be honest...moving sucks, but great movers can make the whole thing so much easier. I am telling all of my friends to use these guys because they were that good.

Willie Mcgee The Bronx, NY

I checked out several moving companies and in my opinion Moving Apt offered the best service and price. I must say that I am completely satisfied with the team I worked with. They are nice, courteous and friendly people. I moved from FL to NJ and I wanted to be highly satisfied with the whole moving procedure. I had a lot of furniture to be packed, especially my two favorite sofas and a nice table with six chairs. But the most important thing for me is that all the furniture stayed intact. My new three-room apartment looks amazing. All things are on the spot which makes me more than happy. I did not even pay the amount I expected, but it was much cheaper. Well done!

Duane Hawkins Marietta, GA

I have been looking for a good moving company for a long time. I have used some pretty bad ones in the past and so it was important to me during this move to try to find the best company I could. When I contacted Moving Apt they were very kind. They were so upfront and honest about the whole thing from the beginning. I had a lot of questions but they took the time to hear them out and make sure each one of them were answered. They really wanted to make sure we were prepared and knew what to expect. Their movers were very dedicated to the job and made sure that we were taken good care of. Each one of our items was handled very carefully and with efficiency. If you need to move and want a company that you can feel confident trusting your things with I would highly recommend Moving Apt.

Rudolph Aponte Los Angeles, CA

Moving APT team were superb. They treated the move as if it was their own. Courteous, careful, and stress-free - I highly recommend using them!

Stanley Marsh De Pere, WI

We cannot say enough good things about their hard work. They were great and very helpful. This has been the best team we have ever had. They are a top notch team. I was very impressed with the professional job that they did. Moving Apt made my family and me very happy. Keep up the good work and I will gladly recommend it to others.

Joey Castillo Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I don’t know who or how this company gets less than 5 stars for every single move. It seems to me like people want to pay affordable prices but get premium-price treatment for everything. Moving Apt is a good, honest company that always delivers what they promise, on time and without hassle. I have used them several times now and never had a single complaint about any aspect of their service or their performance. Their prices are perfect for the quality that they deliver every single time. Ignore the haters and complainers and trust these guys to do your move right.

Miguel Reed San Diego, CA

This company made everything seamless! Everyone from the customer service reps to the movers was all incredibly friendly. I’ve had to move more than 5 times in the past 8 years and no service was as efficient as Moving Apt. They gave me an estimate that was lower than most of the competitors, and they were able to ship everything to me very quickly. The cost came out to be almost identical to the estimate. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable and friendly moving company!

Marion Ferguson Atlanta, GA

This time I did my research. After my previous horrible encounter with a different moving service, I decided to think before I choose. I spent a few days researching several moving companies and Moving Apt had pretty darn good reviews so I hired them. The packing process was finished in five hours and delivered in 13 days as promised. They did everything perfectly. No complaints this time.

Edebiri Edebiri Philadelphia, PA

I had difficulty finding a good quality company in New York City. These guys have been excellent customer support from the beginning and they were available so quickly I had to get out of work and had to pack, load and unpack only in one day, and these guys were there in one hour to help me move everything on the same day! From the start to the end, everything went smoothly.

Theodore Carson Langhorne, PA

Things went well for the most part. I did have a piece of furniture that was dinged and I was not happy about that. I am just thankful that it was an older dresser and not a major piece of furniture. So in the scheme of things I really was happy with the quality of work and even happier that everything was taken care of on time with not a single delay.

Kenny Lamb Queens, NY

Not only did they make my move entirely stress-free for me, but they also ensured I was completely settled and comfortable in my new place. The whole experience of moving was really good. The level of expertise, professionalism and extreme care with my belongings went way above and beyond my expectations. Hands down, these guys are the only ones who can make everything possible!

JacobSpencer Mount Pleasant, MI

My sister used them twice and she highly recommended them to me. That’s why without looking anywhere else, I booked them. The guys came on time with all the necessary equipment and packed everything fast. In just a couple of hours, the packing was nicely done. When they unpacked my furniture, it was in perfect condition. I appreciate everything they did for me. The move was very cheap and the customer service was at a very high level. I can only compliment Moving Apt!

Dallas Evans Northbrook, IL

I hired the services of Moving Apt after finding them online and reading the reviews. The service from start to end was professional and rep was always on hand to advise and help, even when we had to change the moving date 3 times. The prices are very competitive but this was the best decision we made. It was as stress free as possible. The moving teams were very courteous and polite and removed their shoes in both properties to protect the floor when requested. Everything went so well. I will be using Moving Apt for future moves!

Marco Appleton, WI

Moving to Chicago wasn’t easy for me but Moving Apt proved to be the best moving company ever. Thankfully my former boss referred me to them and I didn’t hesitate to contact them and discuss the terms and conditions of the move. I got a very convenient and comprehensive quote and since I was moving during the off-season I was able to negotiate with them and score a significant discount. At this point I’m sure that I will be contacting Moving Apt for my next relocation. It’s always great to have reliable support by your side during the hard times.

Freddie Cortez Greenbelt, MD

My last move with Moving Apt was probably the most effortless experience of my life. Firstly, they enticed me with their extremely fair quote that made me hire them readily. Secondly, their sales rep was very cooperative; he made calls during every step and made sure everything went according to the plan. The foremen that were sent to help me with the move were just amazing. They were fast, efficient and very professional. It was an effortless effort done by these men. I am more than happy to have received their service, and would definitely use them again.

Rolando Richards Naples, FL

I am grateful for your services! The people who came for the relocation were great from the beginning to the end. They made everything look so simple and stress free that I can never say enough good things about them. The staffs were friendly and helpful. It was a very nice experience collaborating with Moving Apt and they made sure that all my things were in good condition by the end of the relocation. I do not see why I should not seek their services in future.

Johnnie Morris Denver, CO

I have no complaints about this company. They did a good job in handling all of my belongings. The way they work is so smooth and free flowing. There were no delays or occasional problems. The people in their office are very kind and patient to all of my needs. I never ever regret paying some of my money to them for such a great service they provided. Keep it up guys and I’ll be contacting you for my next move.

Jamie Spencer

Moving Apt did an amazing job with my move! They made the whole process very easy with their online platform/quote system and real time arrival tracking. Their team worked super fast and went above and beyond when my couch almost didn't fit inside the door to my new place. It was the fastest and smoothest move I've ever experienced. I would definitely recommend this company.

Dwight Jimenez Middletown, OH

I used Moving Apt last week and could not be happier. They came on time and all necessary tools. They knew what they were assigned to do and they acted according to the situation. It was great to notice their discipline, determination and dedication. I was very happy to have a timely and stress free move. I also think that they charged me a reasonable amount.

Shawn Bell Corbin, KY

I don’t really know what to say about those guys. Man, were they good! I had a giant dresser my girlfriend wanted to keep. That thing is enormous and I was afraid those small guys won’t be able to move it. What do you know; it was like looking at Mr. Olympia of the moving world. It took them very little time to deal with this monster, but they did it. Strong guys and very good customer service. I will call them again when I decide to move again.

Chad Graham Grayslake, IL

I needed help moving to IA from FL and hired Moving Apt for the task. I used to live on the 2nd floor in my condo. It just floored me watching their efficiency of wrapping big couches; pulling them down through narrow staircase, loading on to the van. The deal was over when they delivered all my belongings with zero scratch or lost. I have no complaints about this move at all. Everyone can rely on them in order to get a great moving experience.

Spencer Mcdaniel Largo, FL

I’m very happy with you guys. I haven’t had this kind of service in a while. What a team! The sales rep was kind and upfront about everything. Discussed all the details and always gave me answers no matter what little thing it was. The team whom they sent was highly professional. Effective, efficient and hardworking. Everything was in its original state when they delivered it to us. I am deeply pleased with their service. I will recommend Moving Apt to everyone.

Phillip Stone Auburn, AL

Moving apt saved me!! The foreman and the other men were hard working, and professional. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone; they were on time, efficient, and courteous to our needs. We would definitely recommend using Moving apt if you are in a bind like we were. They were beyond useful.

Agustin Garcia Newark, DE

Movers were very efficient and fast. The crew repacked things that they thought could be destroyed while on the move on delivery and installation in our new home, no object was harmed and they assured that it was placed together properly before it was completed.

Susan Mikeska Cromwell, CT

Moving is never an easy task and when you’re moving solo, often times your mind is all over the place. Before booking any one I looked different quote was very reasonable, much lower than most while still giving us confidence our belongings would be taken care of and arrive exactly when needed.

Laura Hamil Brooklyn, NY

These guys are pros, plus they offered the best price out of 4 movers that I checked. This was my first time using them and the best moving experience ever. They consider the needs of ours carefully and thoroughly with transparent pricing! I would highly recommend them without hesitation.

Christian Carter San Francisco, CA

The word “excellent” seems to be out of reach in moving companies but I have finally seen a moving company that is truly excellent. Moving apt has won my vote. I was truly convinced that they are the best in my last move with them. They did a great job and demonstrated excellence in every aspect of the move from beginning to the end.

Adam Miller Queens, NY

I just want to write a quick review to thank Moving Apt for the amazing job that they did. It was a very simple, straight forward move, no hidden fees, no bad surprises, and everything was on time. They did a great job. To anyone looking to move and for a good company, I would highly recommend using these guys.