Moving APT Logo

7.9

LAST UPDATED: October 19th, 2021

Moving APT was founded in 1999 with a team of five men and two trucks. Since then, Moving APT's service has expanded dramatically and now it acts as a brokering service across the continental United States. Whether you are moving out of a home, apartment, condominium, etc, APT movers are there to help you. Although primarily known as an interstate moving service, Moving APT services nationwide moving with great care, professional training, and quality service with the hope of providing a stress free experience for each customer. It is important to note that Moving APT is not a moving company itself; it is a brokerage company that hires out other moving companies to complete contracted moves.

The Good

• Packing Services
  • Residential Moving
  • Corporate Relocation

Packing Services

One of the most stressful parts of moving is the packing process. If you are anxious about packing and would appreciate making your move a bit more stress free, you can hire professional movers to come and pack your things for you. Not only will these hard working individuals pack your belongings for you, but they will bring all of the packing materials that you will need.

For those that want to save money, you can forgo the professional packing service and still rely on Moving APT to provide you with packing materials. This will most likely take more time, but it will save you money in the long run.

Residential Moving

Moving APT can put you into contact with a local mover who will provide you with packing materials such as boxes, bubble wrap, etc. as well as helpful and friendly movers who will come and load your personal belongings, furniture, and other items into a moving truck. Moving services will vary due to the use of a number of third party movers, but quality and customer satisfaction are the most important concerns of Moving APT.

Corporate Relocation

If you have ever moved your entire company before, you know that it can be a difficult and time-consuming process. The electronics and furniture used by your staff every day needed to be moved with great care to ensure optimum functionality and Moving APT is one of the few carriers in the United States that can offer nationwide moving services for you and your company. Moving APT guarantees a competitive rate as added incentive to use its services when taking part in a corporate move.

The Bad

• Not a Moving Company
  • Third-Party Movers
  • Pricing Discrepancies

Not a Moving Company

Though Moving APT started out as a moving company, it has since transitioned into a brokerage company that hires out a local mover to come and help you move. Some Moving APT reviews found online included complaints of theft, damage to furniture or personal belongings, and poor customer service. Moving APT does what it can to help in these circumstances, but resorts to the contract that has been made by the local mover to move the customer and their things. Moving APT does not take responsibility since it is simply a brokerage company that sets up each move between the customer and the local mover.

Third-Party Movers

One of the greatest weaknesses of Moving APT is the exclusive use of third-party movers. Every contracted job is done through one of these third parties putting all of the pressure of legal responsibilities, etc. on the local mover. If furniture or other items are lost or damaged during the moving process, Moving APT will refer the customer to the local mover to address the concern. Many customers are unaware that a third party will be hired and struggle to contact them once given the information by Moving APT.

Pricing Discrepancies

There are a number of circumstances in which the price for the move that was given by the Moving APT representative has been significantly lower than the final price of the job. This price also differs from the online quote that can be attained on the company website.

The Bottom Line

Moving APT is not a moving company. That is something that you should know. Though it does not have hired teams to help customers with the moving process, it does hire local movers to get the job done. If you are looking for help finding a local mover, Moving APT can be of service to you. If you are looking for an actual moving company that will be with you through every step of the moving process, this may not be the company for you. We would recommend doing extensive research before entering a contract and paying a deposit with Moving APT. This could include asking what local companies it would consider hiring to do the job, a written contract with a final payment price, and/or other research on the local moving companies near you to ensure that you are receiving high-quality and professional moving services.

4.1

JacobSpencer Mount Pleasant, MI

My sister used them twice and she highly recommended them to me. That’s why without looking anywhere else, I booked them. The guys came on time with all the necessary equipment and packed everything fast. In just a couple of hours, the packing was nicely done. When they unpacked my furniture, it was in perfect condition. I appreciate everything they did for me. The move was very cheap and the customer service was at a very high level. I can only compliment Moving Apt!

Dallas Evans Northbrook, IL

I hired the services of Moving Apt after finding them online and reading the reviews. The service from start to end was professional and rep was always on hand to advise and help, even when we had to change the moving date 3 times. The prices are very competitive but this was the best decision we made. It was as stress free as possible. The moving teams were very courteous and polite and removed their shoes in both properties to protect the floor when requested. Everything went so well. I will be using Moving Apt for future moves!

Marco Appleton, WI

Moving to Chicago wasn’t easy for me but Moving Apt proved to be the best moving company ever. Thankfully my former boss referred me to them and I didn’t hesitate to contact them and discuss the terms and conditions of the move. I got a very convenient and comprehensive quote and since I was moving during the off-season I was able to negotiate with them and score a significant discount. At this point I’m sure that I will be contacting Moving Apt for my next relocation. It’s always great to have reliable support by your side during the hard times.

Freddie Cortez Greenbelt, MD

My last move with Moving Apt was probably the most effortless experience of my life. Firstly, they enticed me with their extremely fair quote that made me hire them readily. Secondly, their sales rep was very cooperative; he made calls during every step and made sure everything went according to the plan. The foremen that were sent to help me with the move were just amazing. They were fast, efficient and very professional. It was an effortless effort done by these men. I am more than happy to have received their service, and would definitely use them again.

Willie Mcgee The Bronx, NY

I checked out several moving companies and in my opinion Moving Apt offered the best service and price. I must say that I am completely satisfied with the team I worked with. They are nice, courteous and friendly people. I moved from FL to NJ and I wanted to be highly satisfied with the whole moving procedure. I had a lot of furniture to be packed, especially my two favorite sofas and a nice table with six chairs. But the most important thing for me is that all the furniture stayed intact. My new three-room apartment looks amazing. All things are on the spot which makes me more than happy. I did not even pay the amount I expected, but it was much cheaper. Well done!

Rolando Richards Naples, FL

I am grateful for your services! The people who came for the relocation were great from the beginning to the end. They made everything look so simple and stress free that I can never say enough good things about them. The staffs were friendly and helpful. It was a very nice experience collaborating with Moving Apt and they made sure that all my things were in good condition by the end of the relocation. I do not see why I should not seek their services in future.

Johnnie Morris Denver, CO

I have no complaints about this company. They did a good job in handling all of my belongings. The way they work is so smooth and free flowing. There were no delays or occasional problems. The people in their office are very kind and patient to all of my needs. I never ever regret paying some of my money to them for such a great service they provided. Keep it up guys and I’ll be contacting you for my next move.

Jamie Spencer

Moving Apt did an amazing job with my move! They made the whole process very easy with their online platform/quote system and real time arrival tracking. Their team worked super fast and went above and beyond when my couch almost didn't fit inside the door to my new place. It was the fastest and smoothest move I've ever experienced. I would definitely recommend this company.

Duane Hawkins Marietta, GA

I have been looking for a good moving company for a long time. I have used some pretty bad ones in the past and so it was important to me during this move to try to find the best company I could. When I contacted Moving Apt they were very kind. They were so upfront and honest about the whole thing from the beginning. I had a lot of questions but they took the time to hear them out and make sure each one of them were answered. They really wanted to make sure we were prepared and knew what to expect. Their movers were very dedicated to the job and made sure that we were taken good care of. Each one of our items was handled very carefully and with efficiency. If you need to move and want a company that you can feel confident trusting your things with I would highly recommend Moving Apt.

Adam Miller Queens, NY

I just want to write a quick review to thank Moving Apt for the amazing job that they did. It was a very simple, straight forward move, no hidden fees, no bad surprises, and everything was on time. They did a great job. To anyone looking to move and for a good company, I would highly recommend using these guys.

Dwight Jimenez Middletown, OH

I used Moving Apt last week and could not be happier. They came on time and all necessary tools. They knew what they were assigned to do and they acted according to the situation. It was great to notice their discipline, determination and dedication. I was very happy to have a timely and stress free move. I also think that they charged me a reasonable amount.

Shawn Bell Corbin, KY

I don’t really know what to say about those guys. Man, were they good! I had a giant dresser my girlfriend wanted to keep. That thing is enormous and I was afraid those small guys won’t be able to move it. What do you know; it was like looking at Mr. Olympia of the moving world. It took them very little time to deal with this monster, but they did it. Strong guys and very good customer service. I will call them again when I decide to move again.

Chad Graham Grayslake, IL

I needed help moving to IA from FL and hired Moving Apt for the task. I used to live on the 2nd floor in my condo. It just floored me watching their efficiency of wrapping big couches; pulling them down through narrow staircase, loading on to the van. The deal was over when they delivered all my belongings with zero scratch or lost. I have no complaints about this move at all. Everyone can rely on them in order to get a great moving experience.

Spencer Mcdaniel Largo, FL

I’m very happy with you guys. I haven’t had this kind of service in a while. What a team! The sales rep was kind and upfront about everything. Discussed all the details and always gave me answers no matter what little thing it was. The team whom they sent was highly professional. Effective, efficient and hardworking. Everything was in its original state when they delivered it to us. I am deeply pleased with their service. I will recommend Moving Apt to everyone.

Chris Pulley Newport, KY

If this company isn't a complete scam, it sure feels that way, and they haven't exactly done anything to fix it. I kept getting told I would "only be charged for what gets moved." They moved roughly half the estimated weight. and I got charged MORE than the estimate. We moved a fraction of the items, and sold some of the larger items (like the kayaks/bicycles) we were told would be more expensive. Several pieces of furniture were damaged, a hole was put in my wall, and we watched the movers topple 2 stacks of boxes down the stairs. 1 of those had all of our plates. When asked to pay the final amount at delivery, and it being $1500 more than expected, we spent over 3 hours trying to get ahold of anyone from Moving APT or the contracted moving company. It was a Sunday. We figured it was all a misunderstanding. Surely this would get cleared up on Monday and we would get a refund, right? Nope! Got sent to a claims office. I've asked several times for an updated quote based on the bill of lading and still haven't gotten it. We were asked to send all of our documentation and pictures in a single unzipped file <10 mb - I had 160 mb in pictures. We sent it by mail, but because of COVID, THEIR CLAIMS OFFICE ONLY CHECKS THEIR MAILBOX ONCE A MONTH. There's nothing harder to do while maintaining social distancing than checking a mailbox, right? It's Florida, like they even care about COVID anyway. Then each step of the process (and there seem to be a ton) they have 1-3 months to respond. We moved going on 4 months ago, and near as I can tell we're owed in the neighborhood of $4,000. At this rate it appears the only way I'm getting it back it to take it to small claims court - and only in Miami Dade County according to the terms and conditions. The huge insurance that is standard wit every move . . .pays out $0.60 per pound of item. So, if they destroy your $7 lb. $2K lap top, congrats, you get about $4 back! I remember being told the whole thing was insured for up to a large sum, but if this was conveyed to me before the morning of pick up, I didn't notice it. I don't check Facebook very often, but if anyone would like to message me directly, I'll happily provide the email chains, the pictures, and the documentation to prove my case - all 160 mb of it. The quote was for $5100, but we got charged over $7,000. Quote number U1224018

Luke Guzman Powell, OH

Big thanks to Moving Apt! We appreciate you guys so much, you made moving as stress-free as you possibly could. You guys have a great team and I will be sure to tell everyone I know to call you guys if they are planning on making any kind of move!

Howell Hickle Moreno Valley, CA

This company is the best in the business with the best prices. They ensured the move went well even when it looked like a couch wouldn't fit into the apartment...they made it work. I will be recommending these guys to my friends in a heartbeat.

Alannah Townsend ‘Aiea, HI

These guys are excellent, and I would highly recommend them! The moves are friendly and accommodating, extremely responsive and also very punctual. They were easy-going, highly professional and got all my stuff seamlessly to my location. Recommended.

Rudy Vasquez Summerville, SC

The old ancient vases of my mother are very significant to her. When we went to a new place. In general, I wanted these men to make sure the vases remain safe. They have obeyed my commands and wrapped them up carefully. Great service, guys.

Arianna LaCoursiere Granger, TX

I would highly recommend using the Moving APT. I used them for the first time I had moved to the city and found the team was incredibly friendly, helpful and professional! I would love to book them again.

Sonny Maggio Whitinsville, MA

There was nothing broken, nothing missing; they are friendly, helpful and even moved some extra stuff the new landlord left behind. Stop searching; book these guys now! 5 Stars!!

Doris Denton St. Petersburg, FL

The Moving APT were quick, efficient, and knew what they were doing. The guys from N movers were very professional, and I was very happy. I'd contact Moving APT when my sister would move again.

Albert Akrivas Topeka, KS

Professional, on-time, polite, and handled my stuff with care while navigating through narrow hallways. The way they wrapped and protected everything was phenomenal. I would love to book them again.

Terence Bergstrom Oswego, IL

These guys are the best movers in our town. Thanks for all the moving help and I will definitely recommend your moving company to all our family and friends and will use your moving service in future. If we ever move again, we will contact you.

Lorenzo Fisher Riverside, CA

There are not enough stars to recommend this company. Every person who I worked with, from dispatchers to the moving team, made the experience less stressful. Excellent Service at a Great Price. I will use them again happily!

sarah Milholland Huntersville, NC

I wouldn't even give them one star if I could help it. We have been waiting 3 months for our stuff and still not here. 21 days was the contractual agreement. No one can tell me when our stuff will arrive. Each week we call and each week we are told a truck will be in with in a week. We have been told this 4 times already. No one can tell us what the delay is. Honestly I am worried I will never see my stuff again. In the meantime we are having to rent a hospital bed for my dad while we are waiting for his. The customer service reps are not helpful and we feel like we are at a dead end. Plus to accept payment they required us to venmo money which did not feel right. Hoping to eventually get our belongings.

Kaleigh Crooks Pittsburgh, PA

Excellent service and communication were maintained with me to the very end. Nothing was a problem with them, and they made this move an easy one. I will happily recommend them to all!

Brigitte Stark Seattle, WA

I would give them less than one star if I could. Horrible experience, from overselling first agent to non-responsive and incompetent 'handlers'. You end up paying way more and still having to pay both - the actual moving company and Moving APT, who charges high fees for 'hassle free' moving, but they are the worst hassle. I would not recommend them to anyone!

Dana Kazic Atlanta, GA

I booked and confirmed my moving date 6 months prior and a week before the move they could not find a carrier. They suggested I extend the date but I had a flight and made all other arrangements and that was not a possibility. I was forced to sell all my furniture in 48 hours. I would never again book Moving APT and after carefully reading other reviews I see I was not the only one this has happened to. The worst kind of experience to have when moving! I do not recommend doing business with them!!!!!!!

hannah smith

Moving APT is a completely unethical company. They will underquote you at the time of booking and raise the price of your move by hundreds of dollars come time for actual pickup. Their representatives are unresponsive and do not answer the phone once they get their deposit from you. They have BY FAR the most incompetent customer service department who will tell you blatant lies to appease you and get you off the phone, and screen your calls afterwards. DO NOT pay this company for their services-- you will regret it!

Noble Haley Three Rivers, MI

Max did a fine job taking care of every item and moving them efficiently. We will certainly seek out Moving APT for our next move in the near future. I highly prefer them!

Marcellus Bauch Killeen, TX

Max and his colleague were unbelievable. They were very clean, wrapped, and protected everything, and nothing was damaged in the slightest. They worked fast and efficiently.

Lowe Ray Cleveland, TN

Excellent movers. Mike and helper were terrific, and we cannot say enough about their punctuality, appearance, knowledge, and ability. We will be returning customers.

Mary Gunn

Absolutely fantastic moving experience with Moving APT! The movers were quick efficient and seemed very relaxed. The company surpassed all of my expectations.

ryan ongley Fort Collins, CO

It is a scam. They hold onto your stuff and continue to increase the costs. I even had to pay to transfer my stuff to a new truck even though it was not needed. Don't use them. It is a huge scam

Wilbert Wilson The Bronx, NY

These guys are the best for long distance moves. They are very experienced, caring and very efficient. I needed to do a long distance move recently and I hired Moving apt because they had very good reviews and their sales rep assured me that I will get I want. For starters, I got the date I wanted and he sent a very good team to help me on the moving day. The moving team moved all my household items with care and did not damage a single thing. They were very effect, professional and skilled. All was fine in the end. There were no damages! I got a very good service from them. I will use them again and I will recommend them to all.

Richard Nelson Annapolis, MD

Moving APT handled a move for us last month. I knew that they get booked up quickly and contacted them a few months before our move, and it was good I did. I was impressed with their manager and the process from start to finish. We also contracted them to tow one of our vehicles along with the household items. On moving day, the movers came on time with lots of packing materials. They spent around 3 to 4 hours packing up our household furniture and items, doing so quickly, efficiently, and carefully. The plan was that they would deliver everything on Wednesday. They actually arrived on Tuesday afternoon, and the workers he used here to unload were, again, fast and efficient. Everything arrived intact, there was no damage to either home and the car was fine. The crew was very responsive to inquiries from start to finish. It was a great overall experience, and I'd highly recommend this company to anyone who needs a move - whether it is across town or across the country.

Jessica Harris Atlanta, GA

My husband and I needed to do a long distance move because we wanted to live near our daughter. It is so hard not to see her every day and that is why it was very necessary for us to move. We have many things because we are married for 30 years and we bought a lot of things in these past years. It was very hard for us to move and moving on our own was not an option! We called Moving Apt based on good reviews. They seemed very professional and experienced. They really are those things because we were moved very nicely. None of our possessions were damaged and we got our belongings back to us on the day we wanted. So it was a good move overall. Thank you!

inetha g Apex, NC

DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!!! This is the worst company. It took them over 2 months to deliver my items. I could not get anyone from the home office to respond to my calls and messages. When the items DID finally arrive some of them were damaged. I have called the company several times about the damaged items and either get their voice mailbox or no answer at all. These people are quick to take your money but not quick in resolving moving issues. If I could give them negative stars I would.

amy carrier Leander, TX

In the middle of a move and it went well until pick up of belongings. I addressed poor reviews several times with Rachel and she assured me that she would be with me every step of the way. But after signing a contract, our move went to Collena in dispatch who set it up with movers. Company they chose is US Safe Movers, not exactly local since they are in Las Vegas and we were in Northern California. We paid $6,000 extra to have our belongings in its own truck and come directly to us in Texas. The movers are now saying that is not in contract and they have three weeks. So, as of now, I do not know when our stuff will arrive as I am being passed to a third person, Alyssa. MovingAPT failed to write the contract correctly (Rachel) and communicate to moving company correctly (Collena). We have ended up paying the same as the reputable mover, United, quote we received although Rachel told me that MovingAPT would be less. If our stuff arrives soon (which is doubtful), I may update this review. As of now, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

George Volk Greenville, SC

I just completed a move with Moving APT and it was so horrible I ended up with a case of eczema. They were deceptive in their pricing, and seemed to have is orchestrated. My initial quotation, some 6 weeks before the move was 1/3 of the final price that was changed two more times once two days before the move and finally. on the final day of the move. Unfortunately, my home was under contract and I had to vacate it, I was over a barrel. This company should not be in business. They were deceptive in their sales approach promising to be 55% lest than the major movers when in reality they were 50% higher.

Neal Harrison Whitehouse Station, NJ

It was a great move on my part to hire Moving APT to transport all my belongings. These guys were hired by my sister two years back and it was good to see their standards haven't fallen down. They were so well organized and the men have some serious experience under their belts. My items were all packed neatly and transported safely while maintaining the exact schedule they provided me. That is some serious efficiency right there!

Precious Homie Phoenix, AZ

Our moving experience with Moving Apt and all their employees was nothing but positive. We were referred by friends and thankful to them as well. We were moving from out of state and they made it all so easy. Everything was wrapped and packed professionally in such a way that no hurt can ever come to our stuff. All we had to do was ask them for something and it was done with a yes and a smile. We will refer them to anyone interested in moving we couldn't have asked for more. Moving Apt are the best moving company you can ever use!

Jeffrey K. New Orleans, LA

Using moving apt was such a good idea! I had a great time with them! They moved me last month and we had a very polite and attentive relationship. They gave me everything I needed and gave me the move I wanted. They moved me in record time and did not damage a single thing! The moving guys quickly moved me out and moved me back in again there were no damages, no extra fees and nothing was missing at all! I had the best move ever! I will use this moving company again and I will recommend them to all.

Craig Walker Kalamazoo, MI

You will simply love Moving apt. They are very likable and efficient. They make your move so much easier! I hired them last month for my long distance move and it was a piece of cake for them. They did everything by the book and made no mistakes. I was moved within the given time and there were no damages at all. Their price did not change in the end and I paid exactly what I was quoted in the beginning. Every single person that I dealt with was efficiently, professional, caring and nice. I will use them again!

Mack Brigg Manassas, VA

Whenever my next move comes up, I will keep Moving Apt in mind. They moved me recently and my move was amazing. They were very nice from the beginning and very efficient too. They moved all my household items with great care and did not damage anything at all! They unloaded everything very nicely and loaded in to the rooms I wanted. They moved the furniture more than once because I was not happy with the positioning. They really did everything I wanted and needed. I will not ever forget about this experience.

George Martinez Pittsburgh, PA

I had a brilliant move with Moving apt recently. They did my long distance move for me and I can’t thank them enough! They did such a good job! They gave me a great deal which was cheap and perfect for my budget! They sent a very efficient and professional crew who clearly knew what to do. They moved me out form my old place in just 6 hours! Everything was delivered on time as promised and the other promises which they made to me came true! There were no damages, no extra fees and no dents! I had a great move! I recommend them to all.

Ernest S. Blairsville, GA

This moving company is the one you should hire. They are efficient, caring, professional and hardworking. They move you like a breeze. I moved with them a month ago and they did a great job. Everything was professionally handled. The moving guys came on time and moved my things with care. They moved it all in such a way that no damage came to any of my stuff. It was a great move. There were no damages involved and no extra fees. I surely will use them again and I do recommend moving apt to all.

Ethan Guillen Bothell, WA

You will be making a smart choice if you hire Moving APT. They are very efficient and caring. They move you without any stress at all! I hired them last month and my move was like a breeze. They were very professional, hard-working and energetic. They moved the furniture down from the fourth floor and never took a single break. Neither did they damage anything. Everything was delivered back to me in perfect shape. My move was actually like a breeze and no problems at all! I highly recommend them to all.

Jason Morgan Canton, GA

Hire Moving APT and be moved flawlessly! They are amazing! You will thank me later! They are one of the best moving companies in town and their best quality is that they give you an amazing service and in return they ask for a very reasonable price. They will make you their fan! I hired them last month for my long distance move and they moved me without any problems at all! They were in and out very quickly. They moved all my belongings nicely and did not damage a single thing. Everything was in perfect shape in the end. My move was like a breeze. I will use this moving company again.