1. Big Ben's Moving & Storage

Big Ben’s Moving and Storage was created with a commitment to provide the finest, most exclusive packing, moving, unpacking, and set-up, for the most luxurious homes and offices in the world.

The Good

• Experience
  • Hires Veterans
  • Packed by Carrier Services
  • Green Bins

Experience

Big Ben’s Moving and Storage boasts that whether you’re an interior designer looking for a delivery service or a homeowner faced with a challenging relocation, its team is qualified to handle every detail of your move.

Hires Veterans

As a company, Big Ben’s actively recruits and hires U.S. Veterans, utilizing their disciplined skill sets and helping them become the finest relocation specialists. While not all Big Ben’s employees are veterans, each team consists of a mix of civilians and veterans, all of whom are focused on providing clients with the best moving experience.

Packed by Carrier Services

Big Ben’s packs every item that has been listed to move and marks the boxes — indicating which room they came from and what’s inside. The company also photographs items that require specific identification for insurance. If necessary, Big Ben’s will wrap every individual item with bubble wrap, packing paper, tissue, or rice paper. Big Ben’s claims that these services are all-inclusive of labor and materials.

Green Bins

Big Ben’s offers plastic bin rentals that are not only cheaper but the only totally green option in Los Angeles. The bins are a commercial-grade plastic crate, stackable with wheels for homeowners that wish to avoid using cardboard boxes. Supposedly, the bins will not crush or break. Homeowners can move or shift them around their house during the packing stages as they stack five together on wheels. Big Ben’s will deliver a minimum of these bins on a one-time rental basis and pick them up from clients when they’re done unpacking.

The Bad

• No Pricing Information
  • Sparse Blog

No Pricing Information

Unfortunately, there is no pricing information on Big Ben’s website. However, it is fairly normal for the industry as there are a lot of factors that determine the end price. If you’re looking for a moving company and would like to compare quotes, you’ll have to contact the company directly via phone or email.

Sparse Blog

Currently, Big Ben’s blog looks a bit sparse. While this does not impact the company’s services, many people like to check out blogs for tips, tricks, and advice.

However, Big Ben’s just recently set up this new website and claims that more content will be available, although there is no timeframe for when that is expected to happen.

The Bottom Line

A relatively young company, Big Ben’s Moving and Storage was founded in 2014. The company is headquartered in Van Nuys, California, and offers a variety of moving services. Big Ben’s is a great option for homeowners — whether they’re moving across the country or just down the street — as the employees are trained to handle any moving situation.

The company recently moved to a new website, so currently, it feels a bit sparse and there’s not a lot of additional content. However, the company claims this is only temporary and states that more content is coming. Additionally, there isn’t any information regarding the pricing of Big Ben’s moving services, so consumers will have to contact the company.

ludi

July 31st, 2020 Las Cruces, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did so much research to choose a moving company by making sure they had good reviews and running background checks. I ended up choosing big bens because of the "good" reviews and I even compromised paying more than other companies we were quoted. I would give 0 stars if possible. I had a horrible experience with Big Ben's Moving and Storage. I booked my move a few months earlier and we gave the dimensions to all of the furniture to the sales representative over the phone. He told us most likely we would get our stuff in 5 days. On the day they were coming to pick up my items, I was told that the movers would come between a 4-hour window. They were four hours late AFTER the suggested window of time. I also had added a stop prior to this and when I called they were confused and said that they didn't have another stop even though I was sent the new contract with the stop in it. After they packed all our stuff they said the amount of space we had compared to how much we were quoted was $700 extra!!!!!!!!!!!!! $700! We had to pay way more than what we were quoted because the sales rep miscalculated my move so much... I just took the hit from that figuring it would be okay because I would get my items on time. I was so wrong. After a week, I still had not heard from them. I would call, "customer service" they just tell me the same thing about how they do not have any updates because dispatch had not said anything. I had already passed the "estimated delivery time of 4-21 days" and I still did not receive any updates except that my stuff was sitting in a storage unit in a different state. My move was 1600 miles which is on the lower end of the range they gave me (1501-3300 miles) so it was ridiculous that it took so long. After three weeks I finally got my stuff. Other than taking such a long time to get my items, they completely damaged one of my filing cabinets and I ended up having to fix it with tape. Big Ben's Moving and Storage is a horrible moving company. Do not use!!!

Teresa

July 28th, 2020 Annapolis, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

John and Rocky were very professional, courteous, and worked diligently to get all my furniture and boxes into the new apartment. The move took an entire day, and they worked tirelessly! Will definitely recommend them to everyone i know!

Suzana Mandel

July 27th, 2020 New Haven, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Big Ben’s Moving and storage is the worst company ever!! PLEASE Stay away from them! The sales pitch is all friendly and seems like Joseph really wants to help you move the best way possible. He was very nice and very prompt to answer our questions and doubts. We asked for the premium guaranteed delivery and we were told by him that we shouldn’t buy It because they would certainly deliver on our desired date. The pick up was not smooth. The team that showed up was using trucks that’s didn’t have big ben’s name on it (as they should as advertised at their website). We paid for the kitchen to be packed by the “experts”. The team that arrived at our house knew nothing about it. There were dish packs in our quote that never made to our house.One of the TV crates we were charged for never made it to our house too. Some of our furniture was packed poorly (some of it was delivered damaged), they ended up packing the kitchen and their method was basically throwing everything inside of boxes. Nothing was wrapped properly. The team leader asked us to give him some cash (it was not the method agreed to with the company). After they left we didn’t hear from big ben’s for almost 15 days, when a third party driver called me telling me he was loading his truck with my furniture (Big Ben’s website says they have their own trucks with GPS tracking and such.. and they promised us over the phone they were carriers and not brokers but its all lies). Their costumer service is a joke. Nobody know nothing. People laughed at me on the phone when I asked about the whereabouts of my possessions. They really sound like kids playing on the phone. After your move is picked up it’s impossible to talk to the seller that made you all the promises about delivery. On the delivery date I got a call from the third party driver asking for more money. He told me a shuttle would be necessary and that I had one hour to get him the cash. NO ONE at big ben’s ever told me about the necessity of a shuttle. Their seller told me my street was wide enough that a shuttle wouldn’t be necessary. After we paid for the shuttle and our remaining balance (they wouldn’t unload the truck if we didn’t pay) we were informed that they we not carrying all of our stuff. All of our higher value items (TV, peloton bike, electric bicycle, designer baby crib, sofa) were still at California. Big ben’s costumer service claimed to be unaware of it up until that moment. I’ve been calling them daily and they have NO PLAN to send my things. Most of my boxes arrive destroyed at my house. There was no care at all with my possessions. I feel cheated and robbed. My 11 month old daughter is sleeping on the floor because they didn’t deliver her crib.Please, if you want a smooth move don’t use them. They are liars. They will only ask for more and more money and keep your things hostage. When you complain they just tell you to file a claim and that’s it. No solutions are provided.

David

July 15th, 2020 Wrexham, WRX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're super serious when they say "stress-free" moving experience. Though serious about what they do, they are super friendly, organized, efficient and professional. Never seen a team work so effectively and effortlessly with each other. Whole move went smoothly and nothing got damaged as the crew took great precautions bringing all the stuff into my new home.

Thomas

July 14th, 2020 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As all of the other reviews have said - these guys are awesome - like supermen. 3 guys did the job that would have taken 10 of my closest friends. Friendly, efficient, careful. Would definitely use them again, but god help us if we have to move this much junk again! Highly recommend Big Ben's Moving and Movers!

Leeroyjenkins

July 13th, 2020 Ocean View, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A nightmare. Absolutely the worst experience of my entire life. Services brokered out. Two days late. Did not finish until 1:30am. Left my house, yard, and street a mess. No floor, feet, or mouth protection. Personal items loaded onto the back gate of truck and not inside of truck. Going to have PTSD thinking about that moving day for the rest of my life.

Steve R

July 13th, 2020 Ocean View, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is not a real moving and storage company. What they do is subcontract with local companies, who in turn subcontract. I paid almost $10,000 for a long distance white glove move. What showed up was a budget rental truck with 3 guys that were day laborers with no packing experience. They showed up a day late and started at 10am and finished at 2am. This company charges by the cubic foot not weight, so the more boxes there higher the potential cost. At 2am I was told my cubic foot usage was way over my 10k and I owed an additional $6k. Do not do business with this company. The sales staff will lie and ghost you after you sign a contract.

Bennie Marlowe

July 2nd, 2020 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best moving experience so far. Absolutely wonderful. Professional, on-time, friendly, respectful and most importantly FAST. I would 100% use them again and recommend to everyone!!

Larry Dansky

June 24th, 2020 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Both m and his partner were fast, efficient, and very professional. They also used extreme care when moving my belongings, especially TV's, couches, the bed which they did have a mattress cover for, and dining room table. Overall I am really glad we hired Big Ben's Moving & Storage, made our move so much easier!

Candy

May 26th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just want to let the guys know they did a great job and we are very pleased. We will be calling again when it’s time to move in about a year. There was a bunk bed that they had to take apart and put together. They seemed like they have done this before so...thank god cause I wouldn’t be able to do it. The fact that the company has a storage option was what attracted us to the offer. Thanks again to the crew of Big Ben's movers & storage!

Lynette E

May 25th, 2020 Rockwall, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Big Ben's movers arrived early to the house and introduced themselves. They were polite and professional. After a brief survey of what I had to move, they immediately got to work and it was almost like magic seeing all the pieces of furniture and other objects disappear from the house and become securely packed into their truck! On the drive to the new house, the driver followed all speed limits and even signaled at turns! How many people have you seen do that? The unloading and reassembly / placement of the furniture and items was well discussed and perfectly executed with a sense of urgency and a lot of gentleness. These guys were totally in sync and went back and forth to the truck, up and down the stairs dozens of times with such a great attitude and effort. Nothing was damaged or broken! These three gentlemen saved my husband's back and made me very happy!! You cannot ask for anything more than that! I plan on using Big Ben's moving and storage again soon and will request these hard working men!

Lucas Massa

May 25th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I couldn’t be any happier with the services I received trom Big Ben’s moving and storage. I had very heavy delicate and fragile items that I needed delivered to my new home and this company was great in handling that. Not only were they on time with the shipment, but they were very courteous and respectful. I would definitely recommend this moving company to anyone and I will also be using them again in the future!

Joey cohen

May 24th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I booked Big Ben's because they had some great pricing for moving to Los Angeles. They also had the reviews to match. Being that this was my first out of state move since college I still had my concerns though. They answered calls in emails quick while the move was underway. That made everything feel a lot better. Good communication, good service and I'm happy. This place gets a thumbs up from me.

Shannon

May 24th, 2020 Dothan, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They moved me in January and worked smart as they filled up one large unit to fill up with boxes and rolled that out the truck and loaded. They worked fast, no games, stayed within my budget and tipped them as well. They were a referral from a customer of mine and after I used them I referred to another customer of mine and she had a positive experience as well. I use to do inside sales for a local moving company and I know all the other movers and how they operate. Big Ben's are the only moving company I would recommend. They don't need to play games and do the old bait and switch on you because they went to another job after they finished my move. Hardworking!

yo herrera

May 23rd, 2020 El Paso, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We moved from Texas to California. I had called and talked to Mitch at the office about 3 weeks prior. I gave a list of what we were about to move. Of course we ended up with more items than what I expected. He gave us a flat rate, and when I realized I had more items than what I had initially estimated, I knew there will be a bill increase. To my surprise the moving crew that came out , was amazing and finished loading and unloading at the same time Mitch had originally estimated, no increase in cost. We are super happy, and the moving crew was very nice too. If you need movers, use these guys

Richard Tores

May 6th, 2020 Moline, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used Big Ben's Moving & Storage for our family's move. Mike and his team were efficient, friendly, and most importantly conscientious in moving our things. Scheduling and confirmation was a breeze and communication beforehand was clear. Everything was handled with great care and respect. Can’t recommend them enough! A+service.

Rebecca Harner

May 6th, 2020 Odenville, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Mike was professional, polite, accurate and friendly. I didn't imagine movers had such great customer-service personnel. Mike and his crew were on time, fast, and careful with our belongings. The price was better than the other companies we considered, too! Recommended!

JesseJohn1

May 6th, 2020 Toronto, ON DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have to ask does anybody really enjoy moving? I would be lying if I said I did, it is time consuming and pricey. Big Ben's movers were very upfront on their price and did not change it when it was all said and done, big thanks for that. Regarding time they were punctual so I was pleased. We all know moving can be a hassle just have to hire the right guys, and they were certainly the right choice.

Oliver Jones

May 6th, 2020 Lisbon, 11 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am here to thank the crew on a flawless move. They came to my home right on time disinfected all of the boxes I had already tightly packed myself. I tried to help anyway I can but they insisted for me to relax and allow them to gather everything from a safe distance. Before I know it they were finished loading everything into the truck in what seemed like less than an hour. We both traveled to my new residence and arrived nearly at the same time I was very happy, no delays and very nice guys!

Matt

May 5th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Appreciated the hard work done by the movers from Big Bens so I wanted to reciprocate with a positive review. My family and I decided to relocate to a smaller home in this time of the crisis. Have not done a move like this ever before, so we did a lot of research prior to. Without going into the details the staff was on point and polite, done in good time, no complaints. I would also highly recommend to anyone looking to hire movers even in these harsh times. A+

The Keymaster Locksmiths

May 5th, 2020 Bedford, BDF DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Huge thanks to the guys at Big Ben's moving, I felt it was important to be organized before the movers got to my house. As a courtesy we put all our things together before they arrived. So all they had to do was just haul all of the boxes and furniture. I was communicating wit the foreman or manager, not sure what his title was, but he mentioned he wouldn't be physically there. That was fine with me as he sent 3 of his workers. Everything went smoothly, just to be cautious for nothing to be contaminated I let the boxes sit for a few hours before we unpacked. Pleasure doing business with you.

William Gates

May 5th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The first time they did it, it wasn’t this much spectacular. This time round, they made it exclusive and all perfect. I didn’t see that coming. They worked so professionally and made sure the move went smooth and simple. It’s all about giving them a chance of proving you what they are made of!

Maria

May 5th, 2020 , FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Big Ben's moving and storage were great. I thought that the whole process of moving may put us at risk with covid19, but when we got our quote we were assured of our safety with all their cautionary measures. I stayed away while they stored and loaded everything into new boxes, having new ones meant they couldn't be contaminated. No issues at all and I was pleased to have all my things delivered within a week.

Velma Johnson

May 4th, 2020 Daviston, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What an amazing service all around. These guys were very quick to respond to all my communications and were very professional. Everything was wrapped and properly protected, and the movers were very courteous and hard-working. Thanks for the excellent service!!

Pedro Miller

May 2nd, 2020 Grand Junction, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was a great deal to move with Big Ben's Moving & Storage. The move was very good, the unloading and reassembling of the furniture and placement of the furniture made it very easy for me on the day of my moving. I recommend them to anyone who’s looking to move state to state. Thanks Big Ben's Moving & Storage.

Brian Knowles

May 2nd, 2020 Pinson, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Big Ben's Moving & Storage’s team helped me move from CA to AL. The movers were great. Even their representative was great, who helped from the office. No complaints from any of the mover’s ad their work and I'll use them again.

Jennifer Semones

May 2nd, 2020 Buffalo, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Big Ben's moving and storage were referred to me by a friend who dealt with many movers in the past. I was not able to be at the location of the pick up and it put me at ease that knowing that they were well trusted. When they arrived about 5 days after, all my belongings were in same condition. The guys unpackaged everything in a couple hours, I hope my tip was good, appreciate it!

Rosa White

May 1st, 2020 Chandler, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In the past I had movers say they could help with these type items, or charge extra but they saw me loading random things in the car and insisted on taking over and doing it for me. When we got to the house there were a few things that didn't fit or had to be moved a few times and they were completely happy to help. I recommend the movers to all.

Georgia Fulton

May 1st, 2020 Port Saint Lucie, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I turned to Big Ben's Moving & Storage for help when my move was booked. Big Ben's Moving & Storage received the crate for me, unpacked at their warehouse, and delivered to my residence on very short notice. The price was reasonable and handling was professional as before. I can't be happier, thank you very much, guys!

Ozzy

April 29th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I want to thank Big Ben's moving and storage. The crew packed and delivered all my stuff on time with no issues. In this uneasy time I was hesitant to move but my family and i decided it was best for us to go forward with the move and the movers assured us they would take all the precautions needed to make it safe. They came prepared with gloves facemasks and shoe covers.. So if you are moving i would recommend these guys!

Alex Summers

April 29th, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Incredible customer focused company! Big Bens moved us today… and it was amazing. They were very professional and treated our belongings like they were their own. I cannot say enough good things about the entire process. Starting at the initial call to todays move. If I ever end up moving again, Big Bens will be my first call. Thank you again for everything and for making it so smooth.

Alex Hamble

April 29th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Earlier this month we were referred to Big Ben's moving & storage. The crew came in well planned with face masks, gloves and boot covers. Packed and loaded all my things pretty quickly - in about 2 hours, later in the week a different crew of guys unloaded all my things even faster. We were really happy with both crews job well done. Also I would like to thank them for double wrapping my antiques because they are irreplaceable and I wouldn't know what to do if any of my collectibles got damaged. Highly recommend Big Ben's.

Alexandra Inha

April 29th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best quote I got, and he was very careful with my stuff, took care to pack things properly and moved the boxes delicately. Even made sure my mattress was protected at all times. I would use again!

Lupe Morales

April 27th, 2020 Pacoima, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The crew responded very quickly and made sure I was satisfied with everything before loading it all into the truck. I was not really in a rush but the guys completed the move fairly quickly. It was my first time using this company and i would use them again if I ever needed.

dave

April 27th, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Recently we had a move with Big Ben's moving and storage, we moved from Queens to Brooklyn. When I unpacked my personal items in my new residence I noticed that one of my mirrors was cracked. It was already too late to tell the moving guys but when I called them up they reimbursed me for the mirror. I thought I would have to make a big deal about it but it was not the case. They were very respectful and I'd recommend to others as well.

Beata Pašková

April 27th, 2020 Bratislava, BL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great move! My friend recommended Big Ben's and I was pleased with how they arrived and gathered all my belongings in short time. They even lowered the initial cost because one of my rooms was very small. When they came to my new place the elevators were out of service so they had to use the stairs, it was a little longer then expected because of that but they did not complain and had good morale the whole time. To sum it up we were very satisfied and would do more business with them in the future if we ever needed.

Ricardo Leeks

April 21st, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Big Ben's moved my daughter & son-in-law from South Florida to New York last year. I needed to make a move from Connecticut to New York a few months back. After finally unpacking my computer, i decided to write the fellas a positive review. The crew was amazing on move day, fast & efficient. Once they started wrapping the furniture, i felt relieved. There were no damages on delivery, by the second crew. Guys were exhausted after doing a few deliveries prior, so i ordered a pizza & they were nice enough to clean up the boxes & 2 liters after re-assembling my items. Will be using them again if necessary.

Daniel

April 21st, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

tremendous movers. Just moved with them two weeks ago during this pandemic. They conducted a video estimate, came to my home a few days later and packed me up. I just got my delivery over a week ago and I feel very pleased that I found this company. A+ for quality A+ price A+ timing A+ communication