PNC Logo

5.8

Founded in 1852 in Pennsylvania, PNC has since grown to have $345.2 billion in assets and is the fifth-largest bank in the United States in terms of number of branches.

View Best Home Loans Companies

The Good

• Variety of Loans
  • Reasonable Closing Costs
  • Mobile App
  • Customer Communication

Variety of Loans

PNC offers a variety of loans, including conventional home loans, fixed rate mortgages, adjustable rate mortgages, and jumbo loans. The company also offers a combination home loan which allows borrowers to put down 10.1 percent of the purchase price (rather than the traditional 20 percent) and finance the remaining 9.9 percent with a home equity line of credit.

Reasonable Closing Costs

PNC charges closing costs of 3 to 5 percent of the total purchase price, which is fairly average when compared to closing costs charged by other lenders in the industry.

Mobile App

PNC provides its customers with a mobile app, which is highly rated for both iOS and Android.

Customer Communication

Throughout the home loan process, PNC provides its borrowers with consistent communication and updates to ensure that the customer is kept up to date on what is happening with their mortgage.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Interest Rate
  • Limited Credit Score Information

Undisclosed Interest Rate

PNC has not disclosed mortgage interest rates on its corporate website. Consumers who would like to find out more must contact the company for further information.

Limited Credit Score Information

PNC has not listed the minimum credit score that it requires an individual to have in order to obtain a home loan, making it difficult for potential borrowers to have an idea of whether or not they have a high chance of qualifying.

The Bottom Line

PNC offers a variety of loans, reasonable closing costs, a highly-rated mobile app, and consistent customer communication. However, the company has not disclosed interest rates or minimum credit score information on its website.

View Best Home Loans Companies

Mary Goodson Atlanta, GA

They dont seem to care much about security. I have been getting the email receipts for another mortgage payment, complete with all their banking information for over a year. I have tried, in vain and with much discord from PNC, to resolve this. I keep getting transferred around and no one will take responsibility for this error nor do anything to resolve it. I truly feel sorry for the person they are screwing over and made every effort to find them also but to no avail. I would NEVER trust this institution with my personal data!

JAMES FLETCHER Woodbridge, VA

I have been extremely pleased with PNC. They do an excellent job following up on customer request and providing great service.

Dee Farquharson Washington, DC

They made the application process easy and less intimidating. They were able to list our exactly what I qualified for and how I could improve my score for a higher loan amount. Even after i cleaned up some loose ends on my credit, it was at that point I was told my student loans would affect my amount (after I was already issued a loan amount BEFORE cleaning up my credit). The amount given was reduced by about 40% ;;it was hard to work with in the DC area.

Stan & Cami Lero Akron, OH

We are a current customer of PNC for our family owned business. When refinancing our home their rates were higher than most others.

Kathleen Sloan

Excellent. They took good care of me. I borrowed from them twice including under the name of Trustcorp Mortgage

Brenda McLaren

I have had numerous mortgage loans with PNC. They are easy to work with, friendly, and professional.

Heather Walker Saratoga Springs, UT

The website is a little clunky but gives us all the information we need to keep tabs on our mortgage. Setting up auto payments can be tricky if too close to the payment date but other than that our experience has been good.

Marlene A Thomas Ypsilanti, MI

They gave me a great low interest rate, that I can work with.

Tracy Wilson

They're very easy to work with and fair to work with as well

Leonard R Garner Jr

I did a refi with them and have been very happy with them.

Evelyn

They are very easy to work with

Anonymous Westminster, MD

Tends to see me as a person not an object

Kevin

great customer service, quick processing, and good rates