Evergreen Home Loans Logo

Evergreen Home Loans

3.6

LAST UPDATED: June 29th, 2022

Evergreen Home Loans is a full-service mortgage lender, providing mortgage financing and refinancing services, as well as options for those building or renovating their home. Evergreen Home Loans serves customers in the following states:

• Alaska
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Idaho
  • Nevada
  • Oregon
  • Washington

To streamline the loan process, Evergreen Home Loans offers a variety of calculators to check your mortgage rates, as well as a promise to provide loans on time and without hassle through its Security Plus Seller Guarantee®.

Continue reading for a full review of this company and Evergreen Home Loans reviews from real customers.

The Good

Security Plus Seller Guarantee®

The Security Plus Seller Guarantee® is a program that puts homebuyers in a strong position to purchase a home and close quickly. The Security Plus Seller Guarantee® gives borrowers a firm loan approval, so sellers feel confident that the home sale will go through.

If the loan does fall through and the borrower can't actually afford the loan, Evergreen Home Loans will pay your seller $2,500. Because of this strong guarantee, sellers will sometimes choose an offer with the Security Plus Seller Guarantee® over another higher-priced offer due to the peace of mind that the loan will go through.

It is rare for a mortgage lender to offer this kind of guarantee. If you are on a tight timeline, or you are a first-time homebuyer, this option could be a competitive advantage for you as you negotiate with sellers.

Construction Loan Options

Evergreen Home Loans offers a diverse selection of loan financing options, including:

• Fixed-rate loans
  • Adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs)
  • FHA loans
  • VA loans
  • USDA loans
  • Home construction loans
  • Renovation loans
  • Refinancing loans

While most lenders offer these loan products, it is unique that Evergreen Home Loans offers a renovation loan and home construction loan option. With these loans, you'll only have to pay for one round of closing costs, plus you can pay an interest only monthly payment during the construction period of your new home to have a bit more flexibility.

Digital Mortgage Services

Evergreen Home Loans is dedicated to making the loan process easy, transparent, and secure. It has unique digital services that streamline the loan application and underwriting process, all while providing you with helpful mortgage tools and up-to-date information on your loan.

On the Evergreen Home Loans website you can check your mortgage loan rates and terms with a variety of calculators, allowing you to check your rates, see a loan estimate, and get an idea of the costs and payments involved with your mortgage loan.

Evergreen Home Loans also has a mobile app, through which customers can conveniently view and manage their loan, as well as access tools and resources on the go.

Not all mortgage lenders offer so many digital tools for borrowers. If you value the ease and time saving benefits of technology, then you will enjoy having a bulk of the mortgage process digitized.

However, if you would prefer to speak with a loan officer in person, Evergreen Home Loans has physical office locations in the states that it services.

The Bad

Undisclosed Mortgage Rates

On the Evergreen Home Loans website you won't be able to find any information on mortgage rates and interest rate ranges. Because rates tend to fluctuate often in the industry, it can be difficult for lenders to provide a definitive range, in addition to the fact that the interest rate you would get is dependent upon your personal finances and financial history.

However, some lenders offer a rate range, providing customers with a heads up on what rates they could expect.

Limited Office Locations

• Idaho
  • Nevada
  • Oregon
  • Washington

Physical Evergreen Home Loans office locations can be found in each of these states, although some may be limited. However, for California and Washington residents, there is a wide range of office locations, making it easier to find an office near you.

The Bottom Line

Evergreen Home Loans provides several loan options, an offer-strengthening seller guarantee, and great digital services. If you are looking to build a custom home or do some major renovations on your current home, then you will love the unique construction loan and renovation loan that Evergreen Home Loans offers.

However, it is unclear what the credit score requirements are, plus the company does not disclose interest rates prior to loan application when other lenders do. Additionally, Evergreen Home Loans only services seven states.

If you are interested in Evergreen Home Loans, make sure to talk with one of its representatives to see what their customer service is like — with our limited number of Evergreen Home Loans reviews, the quality of customer service is inconclusive.

View Best Mortgage Lenders

Kim Voelker Las Vegas, NV

Kendra and her team were very easy to work with .. not only were they very respectful and responsive but they were fantastic at explaining everything to me in a way that was easy to understand they went above and beyond with my entire process and experience with my refinance buyout.. Thank you

Jamie_0215 Hesperia, CA

Andrew made the process go smooth. He is very knowledgeable and takes his time making sure you are comfortable with your decision. He doesn't make you feel pressured. He answered all my questions. I will refer him to all my friends and family. Again Andrew Thank you for helping make my dream come true.

Jose velazquez Sacramento, CA

Ever since I met Omar from the very beginning he has been very helpful very polite and very fast of where the paperwork and the answer to my questions he's a great example to older employees I'll highly recommend anybody to be helped by h

Josh Shock Lake Stevens, WA

The team was very informative, they communicate quickly and efficiently and there were plenty of above and beyond interactions that set them above other lenders. Paul and Cindy are amazing and their team was top notch.

Amy Roo Seattle, WA

Overall Evergreen Home Loans has done wonders for purchasing a new home. I am forever grateful for achieving my dream. Thanks to a wonderful team that worked with Anallely B. Thank you 🙏🏼

David Evans Stockton, CA

They did a wonderful job of working with us but more importantly covered numbers with us. And until we met some goals that's when we started the process. process was smooth and easy e signing really helps with everyones busy schedules.

Stefan Pokorny Seattle, WA

We had a great experience with Evergreen. Although I am self employed and the nature of my business made it very difficult to get the loan we still managed to get it done!

Victoria Nuccio Las Vegas, NV

Work with Amy and you will feel confident! She is positive, knowledgable, and an industry expert. We had a great experience with her and appreciate her honesty and quality customer service. Thank you Amy & Evergreen team!

Stacey Shackley Las Vegas, NV

The Rodriguez Team is amazing! Their customer service is impeccable and they are all knowledgable and easy to work with. I highly recommend doing your home loan with Michael R and his team at Evergreen.

Emily Lebens Seattle, WA

Evett S was extremely helpful and walked us throughout the entire process. This was kind of a new experience for us and it was a little uncomfortable at first but S talked to us and kept us in the loop with everything that was going on and what our next steps needed to be. I would recommend him to anyone.

Lissa Lebens Gig Harbor, WA

Evergreen treated us like people, not just the numbers in our bank accounts. The dedication of this team to solve our individual hurdles was above and beyond. I would definitely recommend them to my family, friends and anyone who needs a mortgage.

Jodi Brittell Seattle, WA

Mark R was amazing to work with from start to finish. Actually longer than that. He kept in touch after the closing of our home just to make sure all went well and that we were happy with how the process went. I couldn’t have asked for a better person to help us through this exciting but overwhelming process!!!

David Robey Las Vegas, NV

The process was flawless from start to finish, and I closed within two weeks of the acceptance of my offer. The team was amazing. I cannot convey the gratitude I have for Evergreen Mortgage for their support through the process. I was a whirlwind closing and I am now in my new home thanks to Dee, Kristen, and Scott. They are true professionals! Thank you all!!!!

Nakita Moler Torrance, CA

They were great! Super professional and extremely knowledgeable. Compares to other lenders they definitely knew more than the average.

1 day ago

Regina Villanueva Yuma, AZ

The best part of our experience is that you have Jenny S and Juan S, they are the reason we use you professionally and personally.

Roger Levesque Rocklin, CA

The care and attention that we experienced through the process of financing our first home was extraordinary. We look forward to working with Evergreen for any financing needs in the future!

Prentice WA

Everything was very straightforward.m and extremely accessible. Love all the digital options and the certain perks that came with evergreen ie cash up and the 5k earnest bonus.

Shannon Mckinnon Eureka, CA

Fast efficient transaction. Lender stayed in constant communication to make the transaction a breeze!

Jon Graham, WA

The Evergreen team were so supportive with the purchase of my new home. I would recommend them to anyone purchasing a new home.

Jill Johnson Lacey, WA

Working with Evergreen Home Loans was a slick and seamless process, from beginning to end! Highly recommend them to anyone.

Javier Olguin (CH) Denver, CO

We were relocating from a different state and Corey made everything simple!! His support team is top notch!! We love our new home in Idaho!!

Theresa Ruiz

Everyone was polite, kind and courteous. Worked with us so patiently every step of the way! Would recommend Evergreen Home Loans to everyone! Ask for Corey!!

Diogo Magalhaes Attleboro, MA

Professional, thorough, supportive and very responsive. They made the whole process seamless, and they were always in our corner, looking out for our best interests.

Lucian Antelope, CA

Extremely professional team. We have a great experience with Evergreen Home Loans

morris muguna Portland, OR

They are great and The level of communication and honesty in the process made it fun.

taylor boyd Seattle, WA

Justin really cares about the client and will do whatever it takes to make them feel secure and taken care of.

Daniel Kennedy

Everything was explained in easy to understand and simple language. The whole process was smooth and painless.

edward mosshart Bainbridge Island, WA

We felt a very personal connection, felt supported and when things got tricky, Cindy was there to walk through the process with us.

Terence Gabatino Antelope, CA

Shelly, our loan officer, was on top of everything! She put us in the best position possible which we are extremely grateful for. She's AMAZING!

Sofia Mendoza Tacoma, WA

This is definitely one of the greatest teams to work with… they made our home buying process easy and smooth. Always there to help in anyway.

Jason D Brentwood, CA

I had a great experience with Evergreen. I will most certainly use them again for future needs with my home funding. Chris was wonderful.

Chanelle Hebaj Las Vegas, NV

Very easy to work with and everything can be uploaded online securely and the closing can be partially e-signed. Amazing!

Daniel Morford Tacoma, WA

Evergreen Home Loans offered us a mortgage product at a great interest rate that could help us with a forever home project.

J Falconer North Las Vegas, NV

Responsive, helpful, professional. Overall, a smooth experience.

Alison Spires Las Vegas, NV

Evergreen was amazing to work with. They were super easy and efficient

Hikerkaren Portland, OR

Evergreen is really easy to work with and convenient to do all the document signing via eSign

Marijean Rue Portland, OR

This was a terrific experience. All staff were knowledgeable, helpful, and prompt.

Helen Nikolee Seattle, WA

Venetia is absolutely the best! 10/10 would recommend and if ever needed will use Evergreen again.

Joshua Callaway Longview, WA

I like that I will be able to pay my mortgage online, and that I was able to use a VA loan to buy a manufactured home.

Nathan Claes Rochester, NY

Evergreen provided well-organized, reliable support throughout our home buying process. Highly recommended!

Marisol Sanchez-Matias CO

The best service! Extremely friendly and helpful. Went above and beyond, couldn’t have had a better experience!

Jacob Deitsch Redmond, WA

Process was easy to execute, well explained and painless. Very pleasant first home buying experience.

Carlos Rodriguez Quincy, WA

I didn't expect to get as much help and attention as I did going through my home loan process I would definitely go through them again.

Doglover Valencia, CA

I would give them a zero star if I cut this company is horrible. Make sure to check out the Better Business Bureau reviews there's a lot of complaints on that website. They send me in writing what my payoff is and then tries to tell me that I owed more when I disputed it and got upset then they said oh you're correct we're gonna give you a one time courtesy baloney. The text message said one thing in the customer service rep try to get me for additional monies. I will never ever use this program ever again

Evergreen Home Loans Logo

Reply from Evergreen Home Loans

Thank you for your comments. We take these matters seriously and want to ensure your matter is resolved. However, due to privacy laws we are unable to address your situation in a public forum additionally we are unable to look up your specific account without additional information. If you wish, please email me at [email protected] and I will escalate your concerns to ensure your matters have been addressed. Thank you. Joshua Lyman, Servicing Compliance Manager, Evergreen Home Loans

May. 25th, 2022

Carolina Peinado Las Vegas, NV

Great honest and reliable service. Closing as promised

Scott Tacoma, WA

The team was helpful and prompt with everything.

Jevry Denny San Francisco, CA

Amazing customer service! Definitely would recommend

Kelli Bethel Battle Ground, WA

Excellent company, smooth transaction, thank you.

Andy Kurlander Las Vegas, NV

The customer service and follow through were impeccable

Stephanie Trujillo Portland, OR

I liked the online application platform. It wsa seamless and very easy to use.