Chase

Chase Logo

7.2

Chase

Chase charges an interest rate of 4.50 percent

Chase is a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase & Co., which was established in 1824. Chase merged with JPMorgan in 2000.

The Good

• Loan Options
  • Interest Rates
  • Mobile App

Loan Options

Chase offers a variety of loan options for borrowers to choose from, including fixed rate mortgages, adjusted rate mortgages, jumbo loans for amounts between $417,000 and $2 million, DreaMaker mortgages for borrowers with less-than-ideal credit, FHA loans, and VA loans.

Interest Rates

As of December 2016, for a borrower with excellent credit purchasing a $250,000 home with a $50,000 down payment and a 30-year fixed rate loan from Chase, the interest rate comes out to be 4.50 percent, which is competitive among interest rates offered by other top companies in the industry.

Mobile App

Chase provides its borrowers with a mobile app that is compatible with and highly-rated for both Apple and Android devices. This app can help customers to stay on top of their home loan on the go.

The Bad

Lack of Transparency

Chase is not transparent about closing costs, minimum credit score, or customer communication frequency. None of these things are disclosed on the company's corporate website.

The Bottom Line

Chase offers several loan options, competitive interest rates, and a highly-rated mobile app. However, the company has not disclosed closing costs, minimum credit score requirements, or customer communication frequency on its website.

Karen Nelson
July 16th, 2018 Alpine, UT

I have banked with Chase for years. They have always been very helpful and their online banking is extremely user friendly.

Kaleb Herbert
July 9th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I absolutely love this bank. They are easily accessible as they are on every corner. They staff is friendly and knowledgable. I have been banking with them for over 10 years. When there has been an issue they are always willing to work with me to resolve it. I have a 2nd mortgage with them, which was signed and closed over the phone and by mail.

James Winnie
July 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

This process is never fun, but my experience with Chase was as straight-forward as it gets. They told me exactly what I needed, what not to do (get new lines of credit and stuff), and we just waited for underwriting to finish. Their rates are reasonable, and they have never sold my loan to a different carrier. Service has always been there when I've needed it. Payment terms are well advertised, including penalty date.

Jess Root
July 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Our experience with Chase was pleasant. The rate was low, the communication was great and everything went smoothly.

michelle l pierce
June 26th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

I have family that have used them for home loans, Good rates and service

Taylor Siren
June 21st, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Chase bank helps you receive the loan you need to accomplish your dreams and progress in life.

Scott J Fruchter
June 4th, 2018 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

excellent customer service, sometimes slow follow up

Lynette Fowler
May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They have been great to work with on our rental loan.

Bella Houtz
May 31st, 2018 South Jordan, UT

We've banked with Chase for years. Customer service is very helpful and are always friendly and eager to answer any questions.

Jackie Landman
May 25th, 2018 Valley Cottage, NY DETAILS

always easy to deal with , like the people at the branch who are always helpful

Eugenia Lee
May 25th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

they are there when we need them. Good customer service

Lisa Sitze
May 3rd, 2018 Round Rock, TX DETAILS

I have a credit card with Chase and I have never had trouble with them. When I have an issue they resolve it quickly!

sandra timmons
May 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Been my husband's for many years any never an issue-When he has ?'s we call and they answer we all the facts and when I hang up my husband knows where he stands-One terrific company to have on your side side

Thomas Hansen
May 1st, 2018 Palo Alto, CA DETAILS

Chase is a nice bank with a good website and clean app, but you need to watch out for their fees.

teddy luszcz
April 25th, 2018 DETAILS

I'll give them a benefit of a doubt since we had very little interaction with them. Every month we made the payment and that was it.

John Bilas
April 25th, 2018 DETAILS

Been a customer for over 30 years and have always had positive experiences with Chase

Leslie
February 21st, 2018 Girard, TX DETAILS

Best that I've used and offers a reward back.

Nestor F
February 12th, 2018 Livermore, CA DETAILS

Their technology is cutting edge and updated and making their service responsive and timely to customers

Peter Burkholder
February 12th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Good experience with Chase in the past. Since, switched to another bank for a HELOC with a more competative rate.mpetative rate

Dave
February 12th, 2018 DETAILS

Lots of hurdles to get things done and no looking at the big picture.

abb
February 5th, 2018 Lancaster, PA DETAILS

they bought the mortgage from another company; difficult to deal with; poor customer service

Christina Amato
February 5th, 2018 Hayward, CA DETAILS

They are an excellent company. Was not very happy when they sold my mortgage after 10 years

Rosemary Lesser
February 5th, 2018 San Pablo, CA DETAILS

Excellent rates, user friendly website, mortgages serviced by Chase for past 17 years.

Stephen Bookbinder
February 5th, 2018 Mount Vernon, NY DETAILS

poor customer service - hard to deal with

Gertrude Whelan
February 5th, 2018 Melbourne Beach, FL DETAILS

at times frustrating to deal with, for example in process of updating insurance coverage info.

Greg Newkirk
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Their service of my mortgage and associated accounts is accurate and timely

Don Chambers
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Chase does an adequate job. Fairly easy to deal with, posting accurately

David
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

It took six or seven weeks to process our mortgage. Slowest and most cumbersome I have ever experienced. Too much bureaucracy.

Catrina L. Smith
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Chase provides great customer service. They are flexible, reasonable, and understanding.

R
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Great customer service. Deliver what they promised.

Dick Taeuber
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

good service, good customer support -- even though I am with them because theyu bought my re-fe mortgage

Deanna
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They can be rude at times. Have called them a few times, was not happy with who i dealt with.

Anping Liu
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Good services, communications are good and on time.

Chaz
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

They have been good.on all occasions like correcting late payments paying online,

Chuck
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Extremely cumbersome beaurocratic long application process.

Diana Taylor
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Been with chase for years no problems with loans they are very honest.

Kati Biren
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service is SO frustrating and they do audits of my account in OCTOBER before our city releases the proposed taxes for the next year so I'm always under or over in my escrow...the website is easy to use/get info from

Kristin
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Great interest rate, good customer service

Larry Trap
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Accurate and fair assessment of value of property.

Ded
September 14th, 2017 Tampa, FL

Been trying refinance and they dropped the ball.