Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Chase

Chase Logo

7.4

Chase

Chase offers DreaMaker® Mortgages requiring only 3% down (which can come from a grant or gift)

Chase is a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase & Co., which was established in 1824. Chase merged with JPMorgan in 2000. Chase Bank offers travel rewards cards, debit cards, car buying and loans, savings accounts and CDs, business and private client services, investing, checking accounts, and home lending.

Chase home lending products include fixed-rate loans, adjustable-rate mortgages, refinance services, and Chase DreaMaker® Mortgages.

The Good

• Interest Rates
  • Mortgage Types
  • Convenience
  • Consumer Education

Interest Rates

As of October 2018, for a borrower with excellent credit purchasing a $250,000 home with a $50,000 down payment and a 30-year fixed rate loan from Chase, the interest rate comes out to be 4.875 percent, which is competitive among interest rates offered by other top mortgage lenders.

Mortgage Types

Chase offers a variety of loan options for borrowers to choose from, including fixed rate mortgages, adjusted-rate mortgages, jumbo loans for amounts between $417,000 and $2 million, DreaMaker® mortgages for borrowers with less-than-ideal credit, FHA loans, VA loans, and refinance services.

Convenience

Chase mortgages can be managed through online accounts and via the Chase mobile app, which is compatible with and highly-rated for both Apple and Android devices. This app allows borrowers to stay on top of home loan details on the go.

Online account access includes making mortgage payments, getting information on your escrow, submitting an insurance claim, and requesting a payoff quote. Chase home equity services are managed on a separate home equity account.

You can also enroll in an automatic payment service so you don’t have to worry about remembering to pay each month.

Consumer Education

Chase’s mortgage learning center includes all necessary tools and information relevant to shopping for a mortgage, including:

• Affordability tool (price range for a new home)
  • Mortgage calculator (rate and payment details)
  • Home value estimator
  • Moving timeline
  • Understanding your escrow statement

The Bad

Some Details Unclear

It is unclear how frequently Chase loan officers communicate with customers throughout the mortgage application process. Presumably, the process is done mostly online, but Chase does have branch locations across the U.S.

Origination fees, closing costs, and credit score requirements are not disclosed on the company’s corporate website. We do know that down payments can be as low as 3% and in some cases you can apply up to $3,000 of your down payment to closing costs.

The Bottom Line

Chase is a trusted lender with which to secure a mortgage. Consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive and recurring themes include the ease of payment and a high quality of customer service.

Chase’s interest rates are competitive and if you have a credit card account with Chase Bank, borrowing from the company for a home loan is especially convenient. Finally, Chase’s flagship DreaMaker® loan program is worth looking into if your credit isn’t good, requiring only 3% for a down payment (all of which can originate from an eligible grant or gift).

holly parker
November 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

the people are always really nice and the rates seem reasonable. it’s easy to navigate too

Melanie Kinslow
November 1st, 2018 Buda, TX DETAILS

Chase is one of the absolute best banks. They are trustworthy, reliable, customer service friendly, helpful, and constantly monitor our accounts and credit cards. They call whenever there is any suspicious activity and we truly appreciate that. Getting a loan with them has been an easy process, and they provide all kinds of services for free like a notary public, money orders and currency exchanges.

Mary
October 30th, 2018 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

Chase bank has handled two of our home loans and they've always been easy to deal with. Setting up automatic payments online was very easy without any issues.

oallred
October 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Chase is reliable and I feel that my money is safe. Their customer service is excellent and I always feel I get the help I need quickly.

Ken Curtis
October 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Had my mortgage transferred th Chase. Was not happy with that and found dealing with corporate office a pain and not helpful. However, when I went to the local folks in Idaho they were great.

Bob Hiatt
October 22nd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have my mortgage here. They have always been great. I love the online services. Very convenient and always available. Never had a problem.

Sri
September 21st, 2018 North Salt Lake, UT

Best Bank ever. Been with them for over 5 years and very happy with the service.

deb
August 29th, 2018 Midvale, UT

Easy to work with, paying bill online is easy.

Kristiane R Durfey
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They are a typical credit card company who will charge ridiculous amounts for a late payment but they did have a competitive rate and the process was typical for a home loan.

L Fowler
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

We have a home loan through Chase and they have been great to work with. When we refinanced they offered us a lower interest rate than what we currently had and it lowered our monthly payment.

J Paul Wright
August 27th, 2018 Central, UT

Chase is my current mortgage provider. It was the third change on my current home. They have been easy to deal with and their online payment and account management is excellent. Probably the easiest company I have had to deal with as for as mortgages go. It doesn't hurt that I also have a credit card with them, so it automatically tied to my account.

Thomas Hullinger
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I got a loan with Chase and they were very professional. They helped me through all of the steps and made the process easy for me. They pre-approved me and I was ready to go house shopping and then when I found the right one it was a quick closing.

Lesa Burgess
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love Chase. We use Chase for many things including a home loan. I love their customer service and their app is my favorite. When we got a home loan we first decided to see what we could afford and then got a loan for that amount, we didn't go so how much of a loan we could get first. I felt this was smarter.

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Our first home loan was through Chase. A very reliable company with competitive interest rates. I would highly recommend getting your home loan through Chase.

Bella Houtz
August 21st, 2018 South Jordan, UT

Chase has good, fair internet rates. They are very easy to work with and after i got the loan they sold it immediately so I no longer have it. But i was happy with them and the process of getting my loan.

Cheryl Linden
August 1st, 2018 Cave Creek, AZ

very harsh; easy to get $$ but very high interest rates

Jennifer Hargrave
July 30th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

I am a long time customer of Chase Banking and have had nothing but great experiences with both our personal and business accounts. We have had two incidents where out credit card was fraudulently used and both times Chase denied the purchases, contacted us immediately and had new cards issued that day. I always feel protected using Chase.

James B nelson
July 23rd, 2018 Las Vegas, NV

Chase moved quickly to take over my mortgage once initiated. They have been excellent for the billing and helpful in their reporting. I have no complaints. OF course I have been a perfect customer so they have had no need for an exception.

Karen Nelson
July 16th, 2018 Alpine, UT

I have banked with Chase for years. They have always been very helpful and their online banking is extremely user friendly.

Kaleb Herbert
July 9th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I absolutely love this bank. They are easily accessible as they are on every corner. They staff is friendly and knowledgable. I have been banking with them for over 10 years. When there has been an issue they are always willing to work with me to resolve it. I have a 2nd mortgage with them, which was signed and closed over the phone and by mail.

James Winnie
July 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

This process is never fun, but my experience with Chase was as straight-forward as it gets. They told me exactly what I needed, what not to do (get new lines of credit and stuff), and we just waited for underwriting to finish. Their rates are reasonable, and they have never sold my loan to a different carrier. Service has always been there when I've needed it. Payment terms are well advertised, including penalty date.

Jess Root
July 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Our experience with Chase was pleasant. The rate was low, the communication was great and everything went smoothly.

michelle l pierce
June 26th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

I have family that have used them for home loans, Good rates and service

Taylor Siren
June 21st, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Chase bank helps you receive the loan you need to accomplish your dreams and progress in life.

Scott J Fruchter
June 4th, 2018 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

excellent customer service, sometimes slow follow up

Lynette Fowler
May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They have been great to work with on our rental loan.

Bella Houtz
May 31st, 2018 South Jordan, UT

We've banked with Chase for years. Customer service is very helpful and are always friendly and eager to answer any questions.

Jackie Landman
May 25th, 2018 Valley Cottage, NY DETAILS

always easy to deal with , like the people at the branch who are always helpful

Eugenia Lee
May 25th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

they are there when we need them. Good customer service

Lisa Sitze
May 3rd, 2018 Round Rock, TX DETAILS

I have a credit card with Chase and I have never had trouble with them. When I have an issue they resolve it quickly!

sandra timmons
May 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Been my husband's for many years any never an issue-When he has ?'s we call and they answer we all the facts and when I hang up my husband knows where he stands-One terrific company to have on your side side

Thomas Hansen
May 1st, 2018 Palo Alto, CA DETAILS

Chase is a nice bank with a good website and clean app, but you need to watch out for their fees.

teddy luszcz
April 25th, 2018 DETAILS

I'll give them a benefit of a doubt since we had very little interaction with them. Every month we made the payment and that was it.

John Bilas
April 25th, 2018 DETAILS

Been a customer for over 30 years and have always had positive experiences with Chase

Leslie
February 21st, 2018 Girard, TX DETAILS

Best that I've used and offers a reward back.

Nestor F
February 12th, 2018 Livermore, CA DETAILS

Their technology is cutting edge and updated and making their service responsive and timely to customers

Peter Burkholder
February 12th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Good experience with Chase in the past. Since, switched to another bank for a HELOC with a more competative rate.mpetative rate

Dave
February 12th, 2018 DETAILS

Lots of hurdles to get things done and no looking at the big picture.

abb
February 5th, 2018 Lancaster, PA DETAILS

they bought the mortgage from another company; difficult to deal with; poor customer service

Christina Amato
February 5th, 2018 Hayward, CA DETAILS

They are an excellent company. Was not very happy when they sold my mortgage after 10 years