For about twenty years, VRI has helped thousands of seniors and people at risk. Over the last ten years, more monitoring solutions were introduced to give a wider range of protection. VRI has a mission to be recognized for the quality monitoring systems it provides. The company clearly lists on its website its mission, core purpose, and values, which gives the sense that the company wants to do business transparently by informing all of their customers what to expect. With a care center that employs RNs, LPNs, EMTs, and other personnel with clinical experience, you can rest assured that you are getting very professional help in the event that you need it. VRI is a diverse company that not only offers medical alert services but also medication and vital sign monitoring so you can feel more secure.

#1 Medical Guardian chevron_right
#2 LifeStation chevron_right
#3 One Call Alert chevron_right

The Good

• Customer Service
  • Mobile Monitoring

VRI has a significant track record in medical monitoring services. Their customer service department is exceptional and representatives are easily accessible, friendly and knowledgeable. The company is transparent when interacting with customer service on the phone about their services, policies, and recommendations.

Mobile Monitoring

Customers have several options from which to select so that their service is tailored to their individual needs. VRI offers medication monitoring and vital statistics monitoring for those who are homebound or suffering from a chronic illness. VRI offers mobile monitoring which uses the signal strength by AT&T, with coverage in all 50 states for those who want the protection and peace of mind which is offered by medical monitoring.

The Bad

• Website Transparency
  • Discounts and Pro-Rated Refunds
  • Limited Equipment Selection

Website Transparency

While customer service representatives are transparent in their communication with prospective customers, the website is not as much so. In order for customers to receive detailed answers to their questions, they must talk to a representative. Many companies with this policy use high-pressure tactics, which is not the case with VRI.

Discounts and Pro-Rated Refunds

VRI doesn't typically offer discounts or pro-rated refunds for multiple-month payments, but customer service said that this was discretionary. Customer service operates with limited hours and is only available during normal business hours (Pacific time).

Limited Equipment Selection

VRI does not have a lot of selection as far as choosing the type of equipment available. They do not offer choices for each plan and have standard equipment for the plans.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

The Bottom Line

VRI offers monthly service for medical monitoring at an affordable price. The equipment is easily installed and is easy to use, with fall detection and mobile options available for protection when on the go. Medication and vital signs can be monitored at an additional monthly cost, which can provide subscribers and their family's peace of mind and allow many to remain independent for longer. VRI is adaptable and flexible for those wanting or needing shorter-term coverage.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

LANA COLLINS

November 19th, 2019 Royston, GA

My 93 year old dad has VRI. He was given FREE USE as long as t Amedysis Home Health works with him or 120 days. He has fallen twice. EACH TIME the reps were there and called me immediately. He fought me about getting a medical alert system, but now he loves it. This is a fine company! We shall continue the service as paying customers when our free use is over.

Jean

February 4th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This system assures some one is always ready to assist you. It has fall detection. I t does tend to detect a fall sometimes when it isn't but I would rather have that then no response when or if I ever fall. I rely on this system and feel really confident about it it.

Dianne Yeager/Darlene Hearon

October 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had an amazing call this week from VRI. They told me that no payment had been on the account for 4 years. They just discovered this! lol They wanted $428 from me for my mothers account. How can this be? I told them I would have to do some research on this because this was the first I had heard of it. They told me they had sent my mom through collections and my mother had NEVER received anything! We are talking a woman that has impeccable credit. Are they scamming me or what? I don't know yet. But who comes back 4 years later and wants payment? Yes, she still has the system and I assume it is still working. As a company I would think you would have to start billing this month and cut your losses. You can't ask a senior to go back 4 years because they failed to bill and collect!!! This is one of the craziest things I have heard of. My mom has never received one thing from a collection company. I would say....stir away from VRI.

Helen Buckhaulter

March 21st, 2018 Columbia, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

VRI has been there every time I've needed help. They've never failed me when I needed help. Their system is very accurate as to where I am. They have a GPS system so they always know exactly where I am. I would recommend them to anyone.

Iris Nesbit

September 19th, 2017

System checks every month without fail and they always ask if they can help me with anything else. Mine works while i am at my home, but if i leave, i am not alone anyway, so i get help when i cant reach my phone. I get part time in home care and VRI takes care of me if i cant call for help on my own. I do not understand why you gave them such a low score.

Judy Smith

January 23rd, 2017

I have been completely pleased with VRI service. I first was given the in home style when I returned from the hospital on 9/30/14. I had a triple fracture and dislocation of my right ankle plus problems from a seriously broken wrist which happened and wasn't completely healed when I broke my ankle. Medicare ran out before I was completely independent, but I had already decided from reading the information and the reasonable cost of my transferring of my account to myself that I really wanted/needed this. I recommend this device for anyone who lives alone, whether that person is young or old. I am completely satisfied, especially since I upgraded to the kind of monitor that allows me to carry it with me. Thank you, VRI, for having such a good product, delivering it so quickly, and for the excellent service I receive. One day, I was "juggling" some packages when I had returned from the grocery store. I accidentally mashed one of the heavier packages against the button. I was being asked if I needed help before I could get the key into the lock. Thankfully I needed none, but I call that great service.

Robert Rodriguez

January 23rd, 2017 Middletown, OH

VRI is the best. The customer service is second to none and i am always feeling safe

Mark E Kenney

December 8th, 2016

Have used this company for the past 3 years in assisting our 95 year old mom in the event of an emergency and keeping my brother and I informed. I live out of state and knowing that a company is always monitoring her in the event that emergency help is needed, is very comforting. I pay a yearly fee of $239.50 which is a bargain for peace of mind.

Lindsey Carver

December 7th, 2016 Portsmouth, OH

I have had experience with VRI PERS systems for nearly 10 years. I find them to be reliable and when there is a problem, the customer support is fantastic. They also call and remind you to test your unit if it has been awhile since you have performed a test.

Ejoyce

November 11th, 2016 West Chester, PA

I have been using the VRI PERS service for almost 5 years. Their call center staff is always friendly and willing to help in more ways than just in emergencies. It's almost like have a personal concierge whose just a button away!